Bryans reach RG final - 6 straight Slam finals [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bryans reach RG final - 6 straight Slam finals

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 02:52 PM
What? Not a thread about Roger or Rafa or complaining or dissing someone? i know, shocking.

Just want to recognize a pretty impressive achievement in tennis :D If you don't like them or think they're annoying, just go away. For once, couldn't there be a positive thread discussing an interesting achivement without people coming in to hate? I hope so :)

Congrats Bob and Mike for this impressive new open era record :yeah:

tangerine_dream
06-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Bob and Mike! :woohoo: Very impressive achievement. :hatoff: I hope they win the title :banana:

Mashik
06-08-2006, 02:56 PM
:lol: What a great thread, Debra :D
:worship: Mike & Bob :worship:
Well done! :yeah: I hope, on Saturday they will win their 4th GS title.
And we're waiting for the new record ;)

Fumus
06-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Deb I think the important question is, can the Bryans win the calender grand slam this year?

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Maybe :) But still, the 6 straight finals is a record in and of itself, so let's just celebrate that for now :p

Fumus
06-08-2006, 02:59 PM
They made every final last year, I think they can, and that would be sooo cool if they did that. It's just what doubles needs, lol, a real kick in the ass....or in this case a leaping chest bump.

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 03:12 PM
They've said they want Wimbledon really bad and it's the only one missing, but they've won Queens a bunch and obviously went to the final last year, so I think their sights are definitely set for that one.....

Fumus
06-08-2006, 03:17 PM
They've said they want Wimbledon really bad and it's the only one missing, but they've won Queens a bunch and obviously went to the final last year, so I think their sights are definitely set for that one.....

haha, yes!! If Deb says it's so...than...it's so!! :)

landoud
06-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Congrats Bob and Mike.... very impressive

alfonsojose
06-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Congrats to them :yeah:

Do their dicks have the same size since they're twins :angel:?

Fumus
06-08-2006, 03:22 PM

Yea, but I think one of them wears beads on theirs. :D

Blazed
06-08-2006, 03:24 PM

:aplot:

NYCtennisfan
06-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Congrats to them

Do their dicks have the same size since they're twins ?

LOL!

Congrats to the twins. That is one great achievement.

alfonsojose
06-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Yea, but I think one of them wears beads on theirs. :D
:haha: :haha:

Fumus
06-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Yay! Alf does read my posts, I always try to be extra funny when he posts, cuz he's funny...but I thought he had blocked me or sumtin...so yea, sweet.

Golfnduck
06-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Twins :woohoo: :bigclap: They are definately the best doubles team in the world.

justClaudia
06-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Congrats to them. :yeah:

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 04:28 PM

Do their dicks have the same size since they're twins :angel:?oh fonsie :lol:

Tinne
06-08-2006, 04:29 PM
It is a fabulous achievement! :D Let's hope they can get a win on Saturday as well! Go Mike and Bob!!

MisterQ
06-08-2006, 04:33 PM
congrats bryans! :clap2:

MisterQ
06-08-2006, 04:33 PM

Yes, but one's a lefty, one's a righty. ;)

tennisgal_001
06-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Congrats! I adore them... I hope they take the title (ATP Fantasy Tennis anyone? :p )

renee_chin
06-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Just checked the results. Awesome!!! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Yappa
06-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Waske/Pavel. :sad:

Close one in the 2nd set. Anyone know if there were breaks in the 2nd set?

Deboogle!.
(ATP Fantasy Tennis anyone? :p )Indeed ;)Close one in the 2nd set. Anyone know if there were breaks in the 2nd set?I dunno, they don't keep the match stats for doubles :rolleyes: and it was over before i woke up

Saumon
I'll try to take pics of them on saturday! :p

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks Gab! :)

tennisgal_001
06-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Anyone know if there were breaks in the 2nd set?

Wow... that IS shameful. I didn't know the RG website does NOT provide stats for doubles matches... so much for the "revolution"

Pigpen Stinks
06-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey, regardless of what you think of their personalities, these guys play doubles the way it's supposed to be played. Constant movement, anticipation, closing the net - it's fun to watch. Wish they would show more of it on the tube. I think it was a few years ago when they showed the Bryans against Llodra-Santoro at the French. That was some of the most entertaining tennis I've ever seen. And for those who think the Bryans wouldn't be one of the top teams if the best singles players played doubles, you no know what you talking 'bout. ;)

tennisgal_001
06-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey, regardless of what you think of their personalities, these guys play doubles the way it's supposed to be played. Constant movement, anticipation, closing the net - it's fun to watch. Wish they would show more of it on the tube. I think it was a few years ago when they showed the Bryans against Llodra-Santoro at the French. That was some of the most entertaining tennis I've ever seen. And for those who think the Bryans wouldn't be one of the top teams if the best singles players played doubles, you no know what you talking 'bout. ;)

:worship:

Margy
06-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Wow... that IS shameful. I didn't know the RG website does NOT provide stats for doubles matches... so much for the "revolution"

Yes, it's not quite where it needs to be yet. Right now, ESPN is killing time with chitchat and replays of the women's semis instead of playing the tape of the Bryans' win. :(

To make it worse, you can kind of see the mixed doubles with Bob Bryan/ Martina Navratilova behind the commentators and they aren't even mentioning it. (At least I haven't heard them say anything but I admit I've been in and out checking to see if they're showing anything new)

So I would suspect the revolution is far from over.

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Hey, regardless of what you think of their personalities, these guys play doubles the way it's supposed to be played. You know, this is quite true. Of all the cool things i've gotten to see in going to tennis events and watching practices, seeing these two spar at the net against each other is one of the more awe-inspiring things I've seen. they just keep going til one of them misses and it's amazing. I've got a little video of it at home that I took last year sometime, I'll have to dig it out :)

Saumon
06-08-2006, 05:10 PM
I watched them play in Bercy last year, they are :eek: :yeah:

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Plus, they're really nice guys. Last summer they were just chilling in LA on the sunday before the tourney, way up in the stadium, so Danielle and I went up to them and started talking to them about the doubles changes (this was of course right after this whole thing had gone down last July) - they were so angry and so excited that fans took the time to come up to them to talk about this with them and stuff, they were all "tell everyone! get online and write petitions!" etc. they were just so nice and funny and passionate about their sport. they love doubles and have passed up what would probably be relatively decent singles careers (Especially for Bob) to do this. I think regardless of what people feel about them personally, that deserves some respect :) Bob was given a WC for singles at Vegas earlier this year and was having a bit of shoulder problems so he pulled out of singles to focus on doubles. How many times has that happened before?

It's really too bad that ESPN keeps whining about no Americans and keeps failing to show the most consistent Americans of all. Real lame.

tennisgal_001
06-08-2006, 05:16 PM
It's really too bad that ESPN keeps whining about no Americans and keeps failing to show the most consistent Americans of all. Real lame.

You nailed it!

Jimnik
06-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Well Done Bryans :bigclap:

lucindia
06-08-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm sure they will win the 4 major this year!
Go Bob and Mike :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Jimnik
06-08-2006, 05:40 PM
And for those who think the Bryans wouldn't be one of the top teams if the best singles players played doubles, you no know what you talking 'bout. ;)
I think it's the other way round. If the Bryans played singles, they could be ranked very high. There aren't any good volleyers in the modern game anymore, except for these two.

Björki
06-08-2006, 05:47 PM
well done twins :D

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 05:48 PM
I think it's the other way round. If the Bryans played singles, they could be ranked very high. There aren't any good volleyers in the modern game anymore, except for these two.I'm not sure Mike would be (he seems to get injured a lot and I don't know if his body would hold up well), but Bob with his big lefty serve (gets almost as high as 140 and often serves very consistently high %), great volleys, good return, and good forehand alone could be good enough to be top 50 and good on fast surfaces.

lucindia
06-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Bob did some challengers(even won one), i think he could do well...But they want to stay focused in doubles....and i think they are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Fumus
06-08-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm not sure Mike would be (he seems to get injured a lot and I don't know if his body would hold up well), but Bob with his big lefty serve (gets almost as high as 140 and often serves very consistently high %), great volleys, good return, and good forehand alone could be good enough to be top 50 and good on fast surfaces.

The have played singles on the atptour before. Like in newport, I think.

JMG
06-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Waske/Pavel. :sad:

Close one in the 2nd set. Anyone know if there were breaks in the 2nd set?

There were no breaks in the second.

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 06:11 PM
The have played singles on the atptour before. Like in newport, I think.Yes Bob plays once in a while. He played for the US in Dusseldorf right before RG when Andy couldn't play, and he played Verdasco pretty tough on clay. Bob almost qualified for Basel last fall, had MPs on Baghdatis (that's when Baghdatis had that great week making the final). etc. But he's very clearly chosen doubles and just singles once in a while when he feels like he can. :yeah:

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 09:54 PM
:yeah:

Bryans make history
By Andrew Bogusch
Thursday, June 8, 2006

Bob and Mike Bryan have done something no other doubles duo has done in the Open Era - reach six straight Grand Slam finals - after their 6-3 7-6(6) defeat of Andrei Pavel and Alexander Waske in the semifinals Thursday on Court Suzanne Lenglen.

And if they can defeat arch-rivals Jonas Bjorkman and Max Mirnyi in the final, the Bryan Brothers will claim their third straight Slam title. That would tie the Open Era record held by Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde, whose consecutive Grand Slam final appearance record Bob and Mike broke on Thursday.

Saturday's doubles final will feature the same line-up as last year's, which Bjorkman and Mirnyi won 6-4 in the third set. They also won the team's only previous meeting this year, a straight-set decision in Miami.

But these duos are no strangers, having dominated the doubles game for the last two seasons. The Bryan brothers are currently at top spot in the doubles race, with Bjorkman and Mirnyi sitting third.

Guybrush
06-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Time for Ivan and Mario to play a GS in doubles. They always beat the Bryans when they meat :haha:

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Time for Ivan and Mario to play a GS in doubles. They always beat the Bryans when they meat :haha:That's not true. They've only lost to them once. Nice try at the dis, though :)

Volcanic Tennis
06-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Good job, Bob and Mike :) I just wish there weren't so many upsets at this FO :o But I hope you do well out there on Saturday.

williaer
06-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Go Bryans!
These guys are awesome for the sport and deserve every success they come across!

idolwatcher1
06-08-2006, 10:56 PM
:worship: Bob & Mike!!! :worship:

I am sooooooooooo happy for them and this achievement!! :woohoo: I was really hoping they would win today, and I hope they win it all in the finals!! :D

Kat!
06-09-2006, 02:34 PM
:yeah: Great stuff!

I'm hoping they can savage my sinking Fantasy ATP ranking... :lol:

Saumon
06-10-2006, 09:28 PM
I was at the match today! It was a very close final with some amazing points! :yeah: :worship:
But I felt so bad for the players, almost 9/10 of the people had left... :rolleyes: :awww:

Oh and Max is hot! :p

Saumon
06-10-2006, 10:01 PM
some pics :p

musefanatic
06-10-2006, 10:08 PM
so great to hear, good luck to them tomorrow :)

Saumon
06-10-2006, 10:11 PM
some more pics!

please note that these pics are mine and that you shall not use them without my permission! if you want them in better quality you can send me a pm! ;)

btw i'm uploading a short video too :p

Deboogle!.
06-10-2006, 10:18 PM
so great to hear, good luck to them tomorrow :)um, they already lost, the final was today lol.

Thanks Gab! hope you had a good time!

Saumon
06-10-2006, 10:43 PM
sorry i cant upload the video today, yousendit is being evil :ras:

tangerine_dream
06-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Oh maaaan! :( Mike and Bob: STOP losing to this team in slam finals already. :banghead:

almouchie
06-10-2006, 11:04 PM
the twin have been doing quite well in doubles
its a shame they dont broadcast doubles matches
even during delays or rain interruption
they reply another singles match
tough match 2mrw
i want mirnyi & jonas to win thou

Saumon
06-10-2006, 11:06 PM
tough match 2mrw
i want mirnyi & jonas to win thou
they won the title today ;)

stebs
06-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Time for Ivan and Mario to play a GS in doubles. They always beat the Bryans when they meat :haha:
Meat is a food substance that comes from an animal. Meet is the word you were looking for ;)

Doctor Dance
06-11-2006, 01:54 AM
The Bryans are good at making finals but recently they have been losing