Patrick McEnroe: "Nalbandian and Ljubicic are a fluke" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Patrick McEnroe: "Nalbandian and Ljubicic are a fluke"

Argenbrit
06-08-2006, 01:25 AM
"I don't expect them to stay at No. 3 and No. 4 for as long as Federer and Nadal are No. 1 and No. 2. I think it's more of a fluke than anything."

:rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/french06/news/story?id=2474066

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 01:26 AM
:shrug: he's got the right to his opinion

oneandonlyhsn
06-08-2006, 01:27 AM
The rankings are determined by the results no fluke.

El Legenda
06-08-2006, 01:28 AM
someones a little sore about Andy Roddick being behind these guys who clearly are a couple levels above Andy these days.

ezekiel
06-08-2006, 01:30 AM
never mind

Johnny Groove
Im surprised he didnt say that Blake and Roddick are 3 and 4

_pyromatic
Does he think that Feds and Nadal are going to take up No.3 and No.4 as well? :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 01:31 AM
The rankings are determined by the results no fluke.I don't think he was saying that the current rankings are a fluke, but that they won't stay this way for that long. That's how I read it. not that I agree with him, but he still has the right to his opinion.

atheneglaukopis
06-08-2006, 01:35 AM
Does he think that Feds and Nadal are going to take up No.3 and No.4 as well? :rolleyes:
Yes. Soon draw of 128 = 64 Federer/Nadal first-round matchups, 32 second-round, etc. :tennis: :tennis: :tennis: :tennis: :tennis: :tennis: :tennis: :tennis:...

ys
06-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Of course they are.. You don't have to be a tennis expert to say that..

RickDaStick
06-08-2006, 01:38 AM
P Mac's top five:
Federer
Nadal
Roddick
Blake
Ginepri

nobama
06-08-2006, 01:48 AM
I remember last year after Roddick lost USO R1 PMac said he didn't think it was a big deal. :lol: I thought Gilbert was the only looney one of the lot but I guess not.

asotgod
06-08-2006, 01:49 AM
"I don't expect them to stay at No. 3 and No. 4 for as long as Federer and Nadal are No. 1 and No. 2. I think it's more of a fluke than anything."

I read that earlier in the day and was disgusted about that. However, he has a right to give his opinion just like I do also. I dont think anyone in their right mind would say Nalbandian should not be in the top 3. Nalbandian and Safin should be fighting for #1 with Federer IMO. They are that talented. Nalbandian has all tools needed, but a great serve, to beat anybody.

I also think based on results, Ljubicic should be where he is right now. He is definitely more than a serve. He has a good volley, a consistent backhand, improved forehand, variety and more importantly, belief. If PMac thinks Roddick should be in the top 5, that I disagree with. Gone are the days when you can just dominate with the serve.

Roddick has just too many facets to improve upon. What disgusts me when I see him play of late is the low confidence coupled with the bad implementation of his biggest weapon, the serve. Many times, he has an opponent pulled far wide with the kick serve and he waits for the ball to be returned into his side of the court before pulling the trigger. By then, his advantage is already neutralized. Add to that the problem with his backhand and movement. Then, he should not belong in the top 5 IMO. Just too many facets to exploit.

My top 5 right now, should everyone play to their potential will be Roger, Safin, Nalbandian, Blake and Nadal. It's all subjective though but that's the way I see it.

ys
06-08-2006, 01:54 AM
My top 5 right now, should everyone play to their potential will be Roger, Safin, Nalbandian, Blake and Nadal. It's all subjective though but that's the way I see it.

I'd say , Roger, Nadal, Safin, Roddick, Hewitt..

David, James, Ivan are all decent players, but they are reaching their heights only because three other permanent residents of Top 5 are on leave due to different reasons.

Kip
06-08-2006, 01:55 AM
someones a little sore about Andy Roddick being behind these guys who clearly are a couple levels above Andy these days.
Exactly!

Roddick has been sucking everywhere.
If it continues on Grass PM will explode. :devil:

RickDaStick
06-08-2006, 01:57 AM
I remember when P-Mac told Ivan, that Ivan wont win all 3 pts last year at dinner before DC last year. nice call jackass :retard:

ys
06-08-2006, 01:57 AM
Exactly!

Roddick has been sucking everywhere.

Roddick has been in a GS final within last 12 months.. As many as total of Blake, Ljubicic and Nalbandian - who are all older than Roddick - reached in all their career..

oneandonlyhsn
06-08-2006, 02:00 AM
I remember when P-Mac told Ivan, that Ivan wont win all 3 pts last year at dinner before DC last year. nice call jackass :retard:

:eek: Wow I didnt know that

El Legenda
06-08-2006, 02:02 AM
Roddick has been in a GS final within last 12 months.. As many as total of Blake, Ljubicic and Nalbandian - who are all older than Roddick - reached in all their career..

Roddick sucks, that fluke Aug of 2003 is bigger fluke then this :lol:
nice year so far 21-10 :lol:

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 02:02 AM
I dont think anyone in their right mind would say Nalbandian should not be in the top 3. That is not what he said.I also think based on results, Ljubicic should be where he is right now. that's not what he said either.Roddick has just too many facets to improve upon. He didn't mention Roddick - why did you?

Is what he said that difficult for people to understand? I mean, it seemed pretty crystal-clear to me. He did not say that they did not deserve to be where they are in the rankings - merely that he feels it's a fluke and that it won't LAST.

asotgod
06-08-2006, 02:03 AM
I'd say , Roger, Nadal, Safin, Roddick, Hewitt..

David, James, Ivan are all decent players, but they are reaching their heights only because three other permanent residents of Top 5 are on leave due to different reasons.

Dont really think so, ys. I always thought that David was a good player even in the years when he was beating Roger but losing to Hewitt and Roddick. I thought his game was more layered than their but that he had head problems. I have also always thought Blake was a talented knucklehead, a great athlete who did not know how to use his tools but wants to smack the crap out of every ball, be it 2 inches in the court of 12 feets behind the baseline. I dont think Roddick and Hewitt are as talented as Blake and Nalbandian. However, I think Hewitt is definitely more talented than Roddick. No doubt in my mind about that.

cartmancop
06-08-2006, 02:10 AM
Oddly enough, if anyone is ranked too high I think its Roddick... & I'm a fan. Nalbandian is for sure the #3 player right now... Ljubicic has also played well to earn #4.

Pmac is just a little pissy b/c once again the young (we can't keep calling them young as an excuse ;)) americans have failed to put up results...

@ least grass & hardcourt season is almost here...then maybe the US players can improve their form

asotgod
06-08-2006, 02:10 AM
That is not what he said.that's not what he said either.He didn't mention Roddick - why did you?

Is what he said that difficult for people to understand? I mean, it seemed pretty crystal-clear to me. He did not say that they did not deserve to be where they are in the rankings - merely that he feels it's a fluke and that it won't LAST.

Deb, a fluke means something that happened by luck, a chance occurence or an accident. If something is an accident, I think means that normally that should not have happened. That's where PMac and I dont agree, especially with Nalbandian. I think Nalbandian deserves to be where he is now. It's not a stroke of luck or accident. It's because he is that talented. I also believe Ljubo has worked had to be where he is now, and that even if Roddick begins to play well again, Ljubo should be ahead because he has more facets to his game. That's my opinion and subjective.

I brought Roddick into the issue because I believe PMac is among those who have caused Roddick to be where he is right now. None of those guys have been able to man up, IMO, and tell Roddick the truth about what he needs to improve on and how to be successful in this era. They just keep saying he has to serve well and hit his forehand well. Most times, they give excuses for his losses on national TV when to fans of the game, it's so obvious why he loses. I have also heard PMac say Roddick should be in the top 5. He has said that before. I dont believe he should. So, I said that to counter that. No offense against you or Roddick.

*Viva Chile*
06-08-2006, 02:12 AM

Yeah, PMac and Roddick deserves to be the n° 1 :rolleyes:

disturb3d
06-08-2006, 02:16 AM
PCrack expects Fed and Nadal to maintain their current ranking for a longer period of time than Dave and Ivan. Which is a fair statement.

But saying that Dave and Ljubo don't deserve their ranking, is like spitting on the rest of the ATP tour.
If they don't deserve the 3 & 4 ranking, who does?

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 02:21 AM
Deb, a fluke means something that happened by luck, a chance occurence or an accident. If something is an accident, I think means that normally that should not have happened. That's where PMac and I dont agree, especially with Nalbandian. I think Nalbandian deserves to be where he is now. It's not a stroke of luck or accident. It's because he is that talented. I also believe Ljubo has worked had to be where he is now, and that even if Roddick begins to play well again, Ljubo should be ahead because he has more facets to his game. That's my opinion and subjective. okay but you're extrapolating an awful lot about one line of one quote that was probably taken out of context anyway. Not just you, most people in this thread. It's impossible to know exactly what he meant from this one quotation, and "fluke" can absolutely mean different things to different people. That's all I'm saying. You have the right to your opinion as much as he does. I brought Roddick into the issue because I believe PMac is among those who have caused Roddick to be where he is right now. None of those guys have been able to man up, IMO, and tell Roddick the truth about what he needs to improve on and how to be successful in this era. They just keep saying he has to serve well and hit his forehand well. Most times, they give excuses for his losses on national TV when to fans of the game, it's so obvious why he loses. I have also heard PMac say Roddick should be in the top 5. He has said that before. I dont believe he should. So, I said that to counter that. No offense against you or Roddick.This isn't relevant to the topic at hand so there's no need to start a whole tangential discussion about it because obviously you anticipated that I wouldn't agree. However, it's simply factually untrue that PMac doesn't tell Andy the truth - he has said many times that during Davis Cup he's told Andy to think and Andy's called him stupid, told him to shut up, whatever. I believe that he absolutely does tell Andy the truth. But it's not PMac's fault if Andy is too stubborn to listen, which I believe that he is. :)

asotgod
06-08-2006, 02:24 AM
okay but you're extrapolating an awful lot about one line of one quote that was probably taken out of context anyway. Not just you, most people in this thread. It's impossible to know exactly what he meant from this one quotation, and "fluke" can absolutely mean different things to different people. That's all I'm saying. You have the right to your opinion as much as he does. This isn't relevant to the topic at hand so there's no need to start a whole tangential discussion about it because obviously you anticipated that I wouldn't agree. However, it's simply factually untrue that PMac doesn't tell Andy the truth - he has said many times that during Davis Cup he's told Andy to think and Andy's called him stupid, told him to shut up, whatever. I believe that he absolutely does tell Andy the truth. But it's not PMac's fault if Andy is too stubborn to listen, which I believe that he is. :)

Alright then, my apologies to PMac wherever he is about not correcting Roddick, if he really has been. If that's really the case,then Andy is the cause of his problem then. I am very disappointed to hear that. Can't he see what's wrong with his game? Or are we all blind, but he has sight? :confused:

It makes me really sad to see how Roddick's game seem to have deteriorated. It will be hard to believe that he was once #1 not too long ago. It seem like a decade ago because there has been no noticeable permanent improvement to his game. Why he cannot see baffles me. It's such a shame.

nobama
06-08-2006, 02:26 AM
Roddick has been in a GS final within last 12 months.. As many as total of Blake, Ljubicic and Nalbandian - who are all older than Roddick - reached in all their career..Um....Nalbandian was in the Wimbledon final in 2002.

El Legenda
06-08-2006, 02:26 AM

:lol: i bet p-mac didnt expect Ivan to say that in the press-conf :lol:

asotgod
06-08-2006, 02:29 AM
Um....Nalbandian was in the Wimbledon final in 2002.

You are saying what he already said. He said the 'total' which is correct. Read again. :)

PamV
06-08-2006, 02:29 AM

There are other guys with promise but it depends on the consistency over a long period to add up the points to be #3 and #4.

atheneglaukopis
06-08-2006, 02:30 AM
Um....Nalbandian was in the Wimbledon final in 2002.
My understanding is that Ljubicic's best GS result is semis, and Blake's is quarters, so unless Nalbandian has another final I don't know about, 0 + 0 + 1 = 1.

Merton
06-08-2006, 02:30 AM
Pmac is entitled to his opinion, it is obvious that he refers to the status of Nalbandian and Ljubicic as #3 and #4 being transitory.

bad gambler
06-08-2006, 02:34 AM
fair enough, we will see whether he is close to the mark at the end of the year

nobama
06-08-2006, 02:35 AM
My understanding is that Ljubicic's best GS result is semis, and Blake's is quarters, so unless Nalbandian has another final I don't know about, 0 + 0 + 1 = 1.Oops I read the post wrong. :o But still PMac is obviously looking ahead to grass and the summer HC season assuming that team USA will perform well.

tripb19
06-08-2006, 02:58 AM
Yeah, Nalbandian keeps fluking his way through to GS Semi after GS Semi . . .

PMac wants attention.

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 03:22 AM
Alright then, my apologies to PMac wherever he is about not correcting Roddick, if he really has been. If that's really the case,then Andy is the cause of his problem then. I am very disappointed to hear that. Can't he see what's wrong with his game? Or are we all blind, but he has sight? :confused:

It makes me really sad to see how Roddick's game seem to have deteriorated. It will be hard to believe that he was once #1 not too long ago. It seem like a decade ago because there has been no noticeable permanent improvement to his game. Why he cannot see baffles me. It's such a shame.I agree with you :wavey: Feel free to come to Andy's forum and discuss these things whenever you want, we do all the time :)

asotgod
06-08-2006, 03:26 AM
I agree with you :wavey: Feel free to come to Andy's forum and discuss these things whenever you want, we do all the time :)

Alright then. Would stop by more frequently. :)

knight_ley
06-08-2006, 03:27 AM
I would have never guessed there would be so much criticism of Patty Mac.

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 03:32 AM
I would have never guessed there would be so much criticism of Patty Mac.I know. How can you not love a guy like this.

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/748/thumbs/P1040025.JPG (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20029)http://img2.menstennisforums.com/748/thumbs/P1030998.JPG (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20017)http://img2.menstennisforums.com/748/thumbs/P1040023.JPG (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20028)

knight_ley
06-08-2006, 03:35 AM
I know. How can you not love a guy like this.

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/748/thumbs/P1040025.JPG (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20029)http://img2.menstennisforums.com/748/thumbs/P1030998.JPG (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20017)http://img2.menstennisforums.com/748/thumbs/P1040023.JPG (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20028)

:haha: I KNEW YOU SAVED PIX OF PATTY MAC ON YOUR COMPUTER!!!!!!! And you said over in Roddick that you won't. :p

Let me give you my fave PMAC pic for you pmac folder on your computer :p

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 03:38 AM
Those are from Davis Cup, I took them myself. That doesn't count!!!!!!!

knight_ley
06-08-2006, 03:41 AM
Those are from Davis Cup, I took them myself. That doesn't count!!!!!!!

OH IT COUNTS EVEN MORE CUZ YOU WENT TO DAVIS CUP SIMPLY TO TAKE PIX OF PMAC! Do not act like that is not the truth. I know you better than you know yourself. ;) :p

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 03:43 AM
OH IT COUNTS EVEN MORE CUZ YOU WENT TO DAVIS CUP SIMPLY TO TAKE PIX OF PMAC! Do not act like that is not the truth. I know you better than you know yourself. ;) :pYes. This is true. I admit defeat. *hangs head in PMac shame*

(this however does not explain why I went to Davis Cup the next time when I knew PMac wouldn't be there.)

knight_ley
06-08-2006, 03:46 AM
Yes. This is true. I admit defeat. *hangs head in PMac shame*

SCORE! :yeah: :drink:

(this however does not explain why I went to Davis Cup the next time when I knew PMac wouldn't be there.)

Was Vinnay Ice there? :p

robrulz5
06-08-2006, 03:58 AM
Why do the American's always have to complain when they aren't the best at something???

Billabong
06-08-2006, 04:00 AM
P Mac's top five:
Federer
Nadal
Roddick
Blake
Ginepri

:lol: I think he would put Agassi instead of Ginepri;)

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 04:20 AM
Was Vinnay Ice there? :pNope! Why do the American's always have to complain when they aren't the best at something???Maybe I'm blind, but where did PMac complain? He stated an opinion. Please show me where he complained.

robrulz5
06-08-2006, 04:29 AM
Nope! Maybe I'm blind, but where did PMac complain? He stated an opinion. Please show me where he complained.

Would he have said any of that stuff if Roddick and Blake were no.3 and 4?

He doesn't like the fact that some players are better than his boys...

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 04:45 AM
Would he have said any of that stuff if Roddick and Blake were no.3 and 4?

He doesn't like the fact that some players are better than his boys...We have no way to know. He's been very critical of both "his boys" recently and in the past :shrug: But it's still his opinion and I still didn't see how he was complaining about it. Him opining that Ljubicic and Nalby's current rankings are ephemeral and a fluke can be mutually exclusive from his relationship with the American guys :shrug: And it's just plain a fact that some of the guys that have been top 5-ers the past few years are not at their best lately - and that includes non-Americans like Hewitt, Safin, Coria. So I don't see any definite relevance between his comment and the Americans. You guys are the ones assuming and extrapolating that.

Fedex
06-08-2006, 04:47 AM
Who cares what P-Mac thinks? Just read my signature. That says it all, right there.

TennisGrandSlam
06-08-2006, 04:49 AM
Why do the American's always have to complain when they aren't the best at something???

When Roddick win the 1st GS in UO 2003, American says Roddick will be the next Sampras!

When Federer win the 7th GS in AO 2006, American says Federer will NEVER be the next Sampras!

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Fedex
06-08-2006, 04:51 AM
I remember last year after Roddick lost USO R1 PMac said he didn't think it was a big deal. :lol: I thought Gilbert was the only looney one of the lot but I guess not.
Actually Gilbert's commentary is probably better than anyone else's on ESPN.

niko
06-08-2006, 05:10 AM
When Roddick win the 1st GS in UO 2003, American says Roddick will be the next Sampras!

When Federer win the 7th GS in AO 2006, American says Federer will NEVER be the next Sampras!

That is so funny and true! :lol:

Argenbrit
06-08-2006, 05:12 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sparko1030
06-08-2006, 05:21 AM

:haha: But please don't lump us all together! Some of us are evolved enough to loose gracefully. ;) I've always maintained PatMac is a moron so I'm not surprised by this recent nugget. :devil:

prock
06-08-2006, 06:27 AM

Maybe he meant to say that Federer and Nadal being Nos 1 & 2 is a fluke, and that they would be soon replaced by Nalbandian and Ljubicic? ;)

zine56
06-08-2006, 06:39 AM
Who cares what P-Mac thinks? Just read my signature. That says it all, right there.

"He has a good game for Clay", Patrick McEnroe on Roddick's chances at the French Open

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

dkw
06-08-2006, 07:30 AM
PMac your new baby has a dirty diaper, go change it and shut your trap... please!

Allez
06-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Patrick who ?

almouchie
06-08-2006, 08:17 AM
a bit nasty of the younger, lesser bro of John
Ljubicic is more likely to have a career like Pioline,TOdd Martin reach far in GS (might even win) challenge for titles,as opposed to Bjorkman in singles, or Magnus Norman.
He is consistent & i expect him to stay high in the ranking for couple or more years.
Nalbandian has to show he can win a GS by winning one

MariaV
06-08-2006, 08:19 AM
:haha: :haha: They just might. :haha:

Guybrush
06-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Patrick McEnroe wasn't even been a fluke in his career. He was NOTHING! Only a fade shadow of his GREAT brother!

Deivid23
06-08-2006, 09:00 AM
The clown said last year Federer would win Nadal 3-0 in SF :lol:

nobama
06-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Actually Gilbert's commentary is probably better than anyone else's on ESPN.You mean like when he said Roddick playing at 60% could beat Martin on clay? :haha:

Neely
06-08-2006, 12:09 PM
I hardly ever heard/read a comment of PMac to which I agreed.

denisgiann
06-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Opinions are like assholes.Everybodys got one ;)

Viken01
06-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Patrick who ?
same here :haha:

fooclate
06-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Its definately not a fluke and you cant get to number # 3 and four in the world by fluke, but yes i dont think they will maintain that position for very long. The ranks keep changing very quickly with the upcomin player. Just as long as federer remains number 1 and rafa doesnt take over im happy!

fooclate
06-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Roddick's time has come and gone.

alfonsojose
06-08-2006, 03:55 PM
PHM will be no. 3 soon :angel:

betterthanhenman
06-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Shut up PM.
If your brother's name wasn't John, we wouldn't have to listen to your incessant :bs:

Raquel
06-08-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm not sure if that's exactly what he's sore about, but it does sound like sour grapes. And it's just plain wrong. These guys are ranked where they are because they have done really well. Ljubicic in particular has had a great 12 months and it's plainly no fluke that he's risen in the rankings as a result.

I know it's been said before but if he wasn't John's brother he would not be a Davis Cup captain. Not with his career records. Ljubicic and Nalbandian are where they are on merit, not because they have benefitted from their more successful brother.

RaVeR
06-08-2006, 08:02 PM
BIG IDIOT IS PMAC :rolleyes::rolleyes:

garylanders
06-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Of course they are.. You don't have to be a tennis expert to say that..

Obviously not

croat123
06-08-2006, 09:39 PM
didn't mcenroe say he likes benneteau's chances of beating ljubo at the begininng of their match yesterday?

s.m.
06-08-2006, 11:26 PM
didn't mcenroe say he likes benneteau's chances of beating ljubo at the begininng of their match yesterday?

the brothers have a habit of giving ridiculos predictions
it runs in the familly i guess
or maybe the whole country has the same disease
andy roddick :haha:
the guy is not top 15 material based on his level in last 6 months and still everybody talks about him
good bless the US hype :rolleyes:

goran_the_2nd
06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
are those mcenore brothers competing each other who will say more bullshit in lesser time?:) seriously, those two are really stupid guys. they are as stupid as it gets :)) i remember when jmac also said that goran is "serve only" and that he doesnt stand a chance in wimbledon 2001. now it's his bro time to talk shit... funny, jmac allready had to eat his "shit", i for sure wont be surprised if pmac (who btw didnt even had "fluke top 10" i think :)) will have to also, verry soon!

scoobs
06-08-2006, 11:35 PM
I don't know what we have to have Pat McEnroe's views on everything under the sun - I'm reliably informed that nobody actually gives a damn what he thinks, including him.

goran_the_2nd
06-08-2006, 11:44 PM
a bit nasty of the younger, lesser bro of John
Ljubicic is more likely to have a career like Pioline,TOdd Martin reach far in GS (might even win) challenge for titles,as opposed to Bjorkman in singles, or Magnus Norman.
He is consistent & i expect him to stay high in the ranking for couple or more years.
Nalbandian has to show he can win a GS by winning one

hm.. were pioline or todd martin ever no 3. in the world? or even no. 4? i think not.

goran_the_2nd
06-08-2006, 11:49 PM

For once they are right... he will be FIRST Federer!

Pea
06-09-2006, 01:17 AM
:lol: I think he would put Agassi instead of Ginepri;)

Yes and I'm sure he'll reinstate it by saying IF HEALTHY.

Nalbandian!!!
06-09-2006, 01:35 AM

hes drunk . and of course as american he cant accept the fact Roddick is down .

David is semifinalist in all 4 grand slams Tennis masters cup champion, winner in Estoril , he deserves his 3 position in the world.

Sjengster
06-09-2006, 01:43 AM
hm.. were pioline or todd martin ever no 3. in the world? or even no. 4? i think not.

Pioline got as high as 5 in the world, Martin 4. And they were both two-time Slam finalists of course, and Sampras accounts for three of those four total losses (the other being Martin's against Agassi at the 99 US Open).

edit: bear in mind that they are both DC winners as well, although I believe they only served as doubles players on the victorious team rather than shouldering the burden of singles and doubles as Ljubicic has done.

El Legenda
06-09-2006, 01:46 AM
pat-dick should leave his email address after stories, like all espn writers, what a p*ssy :lol:

robert6061
06-09-2006, 02:11 AM
I know that everyone is entitled to their opinions but I'm truly amazed by Pat McEnroe's comments. Not only does Nalbandian justify his singles ranking of 3, I think he is here to stay in the rankings in the upper eschelons of tennis. His game is multi faceted and Pat McEnroe clearly failed to take into consideration the fact that Nalbandian excels on all surfaces, a quality that most members of the US Davis cup team do not enjoy. Only the relative weakness on Nalbandian's serve has prevented him from winning slams. I also see a Ivan being in the top 4 for the forseeable future. He has far more to his game than Andy Roddick. Pat McEnroe's remark serves as a reminder that you should put your brain into gear before you speak!

croman
06-09-2006, 12:24 PM

This guy has a big mouth,but he is a total idiot.HE is mentaly crazy