Nadal Def Dokjovic 6-4 6-4, Djokovic retire !! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal Def Dokjovic 6-4 6-4, Djokovic retire !!

Viken01
06-07-2006, 01:13 PM
too bad for djokovic !!

name_change
06-07-2006, 01:14 PM
what happened?

NicoFan
I'm at work so not watching it - why did Djokovic have to retire?

scoobs
Novak's back problems got the better of him...

bad gambler
Much needed rest for Nadal

Argenbrit
Damn it, Dokjovic. :sad:

Viken01
I don't know, he suddenly retired at the beginning of the 3rd set

connectolove
06-07-2006, 01:15 PM
I knew it. He did the same thing against Coria last year, a quiter!

connectolove
06-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Nadal can rest and concentrate now.

Exodus
06-07-2006, 01:16 PM
he probably knew that he can't win after he lost the second set which he could win.

forbiddenfruit
06-07-2006, 01:17 PM
He was nervous/tight and when your tight, you can be prone to cramping or aggrivating injuries. Does a retirement still count along Nadals win streak.... it is a win still right?

connectolove
Rafa is pissed, he says that he does not like to win this easily.

Deivid23
Much needed rest for Nadal

Not so much

scoobs
Struggling with his lower back for quite a lot of the match...hung in to end the second set then decided he wasn't going to be able to complete the third.

A real shame but given the grass season coming up and no chance at all to win in that sort of shape, perhaps he did the best thing.

Nadal won't mind - even in spite of the problems it still took him nearly 2 hours to get to 2-0 up in sets.

An unexpected bonus and he can recuperate for his semi now.

connectolove
06-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Djoko retired last year against Coria, perhaps he is a quiter.

Marine
06-07-2006, 01:18 PM
He should have lost yersterday :mad:
Now Nadal won't be tired until the final :mad: :mad:

connectolove
06-07-2006, 01:19 PM
It is a win, a very easy one.

adee-gee
06-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Nole :sad: :hug:

Rafa :yeah: go on and win it now :rocker2:

Exodus
06-07-2006, 01:20 PM
ivan will tire him out before the final i hope...

~EMiLiTA~
that's unfortunate for novak

adee-gee
Djoko retired last year against Coria, perhaps he is a quiter.
:retard:

Yes, he's going to retire in his first GS quarter final because he's a quitter. Very good :worship:

ezekiel
06-07-2006, 01:21 PM
I expected more from Novak but he was obviously physically tired and wasn't really prepared mentally, has to work on that to get to the next level. Rafa was very solid and much better than earlier matches so I expect him to go all the way

Experimentee
06-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Novak :sad:
I was watching the live stream for the first two sets and there didnt seem to be a problem with Nole. This is very surprising that he retired.

bad gambler
06-07-2006, 01:24 PM
What exactly was his problem??

Exodus
06-07-2006, 01:27 PM
What exactly was his problem??

nadal :devil:

ezekiel
06-07-2006, 01:27 PM
he slipped badly once and he had a great trouble moving after that. He has to get much stronger and fitter to get to the next level. He seems so skinny . Still made a match out of it.

rofe
06-07-2006, 01:28 PM
What a joke.

Castafiore
06-07-2006, 01:29 PM
The commentator here says that Novak needs to work on how he moves on the clay (the slides in particular). He says that he's not suprised by the back problems.

Did anybody see Novak's shoes? He had written VAMOS on his left shoe and NOLE on the right one.

A disappointing end for Novak but still, he had a good tournament. :)
Nice to see Rafa get a bit more rest than I thought he would have before the semi-final. :yeah:

A_Skywalker
06-07-2006, 01:30 PM
He should have lost yersterday :mad:
Now Nadal won't be tired until the final :mad: :mad:

Why do you wnat him tired ? Dont you want your master to win it fairly ?

elroyf
06-07-2006, 01:31 PM
There is no way his injury was bad. I watched the match. He was only "injured" when he was losing badly. When he was winning games he injury magically disappeared!

He could have continued certainly.

Apparently he had problems with his back and legs. I seriously doubt it though: he seemed to be moving fine and only had "problems" when he went back to his chair.

Hasn't he done these sort of things before?

ezekiel
06-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I agree with that, he did not move well

jitterbug
06-07-2006, 01:32 PM
It is a win, a very easy one.

Not quite. Novak managed to break Rafa a few times, coming from a relatively inexperienced player (compared to Rafa) that is something. Definitely not a 'very easy' win.

Rex
06-07-2006, 01:33 PM
drop shot mania---- unlucky to djokovic, if there was one person other that federer who could potentially beat nadal, it would have been thais guy...

mallorn
06-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Nole is not a quitter. He had a lower back injury, there was also something with his thighs, he got treated at 0-3 in the second set. He could barely serve, and to make it worse he twisted his ankle in one of the rallies.

At 4-1 Rafa clearly expected him to retire, but Nole kept on playing and it caught Rafa by surprise, he played an awful second set, handed two breaks back and Nole tried and tried but it was clear he was in pain, at times he was limping.

Did you notice what was written on his shoes? Rafa's shoes have "Vamos Rafa" written on them, and Nole wrote "Vamos Nole" on his. :lol:

Monteque
06-07-2006, 01:36 PM
djokovic should retire earlier when he played Monfils.
What a pity, this match quite short and give Nadal nothing.
:(

Deea
06-07-2006, 01:36 PM
A disappointing end for Novak but still, he had a good tournament. :)
Nice to see Rafa get a bit more rest than I thought he would have before the semi-final. :yeah:

I couldn't agree more! ;)

sakaka
06-07-2006, 01:38 PM
I Tot I Taw a Puddy-Tat !! :p

MariaV
06-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Did you notice what was written on his shoes? Rafa's shoes have "Vamos Rafa" written on them, and Nole wrote "Vamos Nole" on his. :lol:
Hehe, oh I have to see Nole's shoes then! :lol:

dkw
06-07-2006, 01:46 PM
I Tot I Taw a Puddy-Tat !! :p
LOL who's the tweety bird???

gillian
06-07-2006, 01:49 PM
That really is too bad. I was looking forward to this match.

Peta Pan
06-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Bad luck Nole :sad: Glad you decided to put your body first though rather than risking bad injury for the future!

For the people saying he's a "quitter" because he retired :rolleyes: Yep of course he is going to just quit in his first Grand Slam QF!

lilimi80
06-07-2006, 02:13 PM
poor nole! i really like this guy! Have you seen his shoes? 'Vamos Nole' was written on them!lol!funny guy! I hope he'll recover quickly.

uglyamerican
06-07-2006, 02:20 PM
All injured players should make it more obvious when they are in pain. They should grab the injured body part repeatedly, walk around slowly, and make ridiculous facial expressions.

Peta Pan
06-07-2006, 02:27 PM
All injured players should make it more obvious when they are in pain. They should grab the injured body part repeatedly, walk around slowly, and make ridiculous facial expressions.
:haha: Yeah because when you are injured you shouldn't be caring about and taking care of your injury, you should be more worried about what everyone is going to think of you if you don't really seem injured!! ;) :yeah:

DDrago2
06-07-2006, 02:40 PM
As expected - Djokovic retires. He has no natural physical predispositions, unfortunately, unlike the indian guy (Nadal)

Still if Djoko made less ugly errors, he could take a set from Nadal These uglu errors he has to cut down

Jakeev
06-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Ugh Djoko really is gonna need to get his body in better shape somehow. He has loads of talent and a huge game but his body is what seems to beat everytime on big occasions.

Great job though by Rafael for taking it to him!

Scotso
06-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Nole :sad:

Hopefully Rafa will go on to take the title again now.

mandoura
06-07-2006, 03:04 PM
There is no way his injury was bad. I watched the match. He was only "injured" when he was losing badly. When he was winning games he injury magically disappeared!

Apparently he had problems with his back and legs. I seriously doubt it though: he seemed to be moving fine and only had "problems" when he went back to his chair.

Actually I agree with you. I know Nole's fans will not like this but yes, he seemed to hold his back only if/when he missed a shot. Otherwise, he was OK.

One other thing, he showed way too much respect for Rafa. After 2 or 3 winners from Rafa, he smiled, laughed or applauded him. It's nice to applaud your opponent but I thought it was too much.

I don't know and don't want to misjudge him :shrug: . He's a sweet talented guy but ... :rolleyes:

ezekiel
06-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Actually I am watching the espn recorded match and he was wincing in pain after breaking rafa at 4-2 and holding serve 4-3 so I don't doubt him at all. I just wish he was more prepared and yes he gave too much respect to Rafa during the match

Scotso
06-07-2006, 03:14 PM
ESPN is criticizing him for being "too dramatic" and people here are saying he didn't favor his injury enough. So what is he supposed to do, then? :D

Nole is not going to quit in the QF of a slam unless he is really hurting.

Deboogle!.
06-07-2006, 03:16 PM
I just woke up and it's on tape delay on ESPN so I'm just seeing the end of the 2nd set right now and it seems quite apparent to me he's in pain, even if he's not actually going up to grab his back. Plus, his serve looks pretty weak here at the end. And I am not some great Djokovic fan so people can't really accuse me of that :p I don't know that he has the best attitude or is handling it the best, and he's still young and immature and inexperienced, but I don't see how it can be denied he was in a lot of pain. These guys are all way too competitive, I have a hard time believing someone would want to retire in his first slam QF. Some of the stuff in this thread is 100% typical MTF but it's no less disgusting every time. Actually I agree with you. I know Nole's fans will not like this but yes, he seemed to hold his back only if/when he missed a shot. Otherwise, he was OK.But couldn't tweaking your back a little or catching it in a bad movement hurt even worse and cause you to miss more shots and so you'll grab it? I can think of several times right off the top of my head where various players were quite legitimately injured but it only seemed to be apparent when they lost a point; I don't see how that makes it any less legitimate.

Also people are saying that he should've retired in his last match to let Monfils win? I'm sorry but didn't Monfils get treatment and also have trouble with a lower back injury?

I swear, people just don't even think sometimes before spouting off.

Scotso
06-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh no, PMac is disappointed... I bet Nole will cry all night about that. :rolleyes:

The harshest critics, the French crowd, believed Nole and gave him a nice applause at the end. That pretty much ends the debate for me.

R.Federer
06-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Here it is :lol:

nobama
06-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Actually I am watching the espn recorded match and he was wincing in pain after breaking rafa at 4-2 and holding serve 4-3 so I don't doubt him at all. I just wish he was more prepared and yes he gave too much respect to Rafa during the matchIt seemed like at times he went from being disgusted with himself to being in awe of Nadal. That's not going get you a win. Obviously he knows his body better than anyone else but he does seem like a bit of a drama queen. Hopefully he'll get over that as he gets older.

Scotso
06-07-2006, 03:38 PM
It seemed like at times he went from being disgusted with himself to being in awe of Nadal. That's not going get you a win. Obviously he knows his body better than anyone else but he does seem like a bit of a drama queen. Hopefully he'll get over that as he gets older.

Erm, did you see how Federer acted in the Rome final?

mangoes
06-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Erm, did you see how Federer acted in the Rome final?

Don't bring Roger into this discussion. He wasn't even in the stadium during the match...... Either address the fact that Djokovic seemed like a Drama Queen.........or don't address it. But leave Roger out of it.

oz_boz
06-07-2006, 03:43 PM
One other thing, he showed way too much respect for Rafa. After 2 or 3 winners from Rafa, he smiled, laughed or applauded him. It's nice to applaud your opponent but I thought it was too much.

Yeah, that and the Vamos shoes seem to prove that he was too much in awe of Nadal to make it competitive.

Scotso
06-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Don't bring Roger into this discussion. He wasn't even in the stadium during the match...... Either address the fact that Djokovic seemed like a Drama Queen.........or don't address it. But leave Roger out of it.

Sorry, but no... when fans of a player who sometimes acts like a drama queen accuses other players of being a drama queen and tells them to grow up, it's relevant.

And since Roger's fans bring him up in threads that have nothing to do with him, why can't others do the same? I can and will. Thanks.

mangoes
06-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Sorry, but no... when fans of a player who sometimes acts like a drama queen accuses other players of being a drama queen and tells them to grow up, it's relevant.

And since Roger's fans bring him up in threads that have nothing to do with him, why can't others do the same? I can and will. Thanks.

No, it's posters like you that have to drag Roger into all the threads because that's the default answer instead of addressing the issue at hand. And, might I also say, that you do like to do this all the time. Everytime a Fed fans says anything against one of your favorites, you immediately attack Federer instead of disagreeing and stating your reasons for disagreement.

Deivid23
06-07-2006, 03:55 PM

Nole always does this, mandoura

Deboogle!.
06-07-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't really think it's relevant whether he was a drama queen or not. He has some growing up to do, but some people here are suggesting he's a faker and a quitter and I just think that's unfair to him - he'd by far beaten the highest ranked players to get to the QF, had had some very tough matches, and maybe just didn't have that extra oomph of fight left in him. Maybe he needs to get a lot fitter, etc. He's young, not everyone is so mature as Rafa (both physically and mentally). I just think it's incredibly unfair for us to have our asses in front of the computer judging them for this when we have no clue what his body felt like.

But I wouldn't expect MTF to be fair to someone or give him the benefit of the doubt - a player or otherwise. That's simply against the rules.

Scotso
06-07-2006, 04:01 PM
No, it's posters like you that have to drag Roger into all the threads because that's the default answer instead of addressing the issue at hand. And, might I also say, that you do like to do this all the time. Everytime a Fed fans says anything against one of your favorites, you immediately attack Federer instead of disagreeing and stating your reasons for disagreement.

You say something against my favorite, I point out that your favorite has the same problem. What is wrong with that? If you can't stand to hear anyone say anything negative about your faves, don't say anything negative about theirs.

Deivid23
06-07-2006, 04:01 PM
What a joke.

It seemed like at times he went from being disgusted with himself to being in awe of Nadal. That's not going get you a win. Obviously he knows his body better than anyone else but he does seem like a bit of a drama queen.

Welcome to the clowns´ party :banana:

Bash Nole just bc he retired and didn´t tire out Nadal, you guys will never cease to amuse me :haha:

mangoes
06-07-2006, 04:03 PM
I don't really think it's relevant whether he was a drama queen or not. He has some growing up to do, but some people here are suggesting he's a faker and a quitter and I just think that's unfair to him - he'd by far beaten the highest ranked players to get to the QF, had had some very tough matches, and maybe just didn't have that extra oomph of fight left in him. Maybe he needs to get a lot fitter, etc. He's young, not everyone is so mature as Rafa (both physically and mentally). I just think it's incredibly unfair for us to have our asses in front of the computer judging them for this when we have no clue what his body felt like.

But I wouldn't expect MTF to be fair to someone or give him the benefit of the doubt - a player or otherwise. That's simply against the rules.

Hi Deb :wavey:

I don't care either way...........drama queen, faker, quitter..:shrug:.... because I didn't see the match so I don't have an opinion.... I just didn't see the point of using Roger as a "default" answer instead of addressing the Drama Queen accusation.

You say something against my favorite, I point out that your favorite has the same problem. What is wrong with that? If you can't stand to hear anyone say anything negative about your faves, don't say anything negative about theirs.

That was not my point.............. :rolleyes: ........and I'm not going to bother to try and explain. Read some of the more detailed answers from other posters, who managed to not bring another players into the discussion, but gave an explanation as to why they didn't think Djokovic was faking.

mangoes
06-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Welcome to the clowns´ party :banana:

Bash Nole just bc he retired and didn´t tire out Nadal, you guys will never cease to amuse me :haha:

I know you don't bother to read but just look for the Fed fans to make fun of............but I haven't had any comment on Djokovic's match :mad:

justClaudia
06-07-2006, 04:11 PM
:sad: Bad luck, Novak.

But still was a great Slam for him. :yeah:

Golfnduck
06-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Djokovic :sad: I hate it when players have to retire. Nadal should take care of Ivan.

CassL
06-07-2006, 04:21 PM
poor Nole, still congrats on getting to the quarters

Good luck on grass!

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2006, 04:22 PM
I knew it. He did the same thing against Coria last year, a quiter!
Unless he routinely quits after losing the first two sets, then this post is :retard:

Annnnnddd, he doens't, so...

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Apparently this thread was just full of 'tards. Thanks for the highlights, Deivid. I sum up their logic as something like this:

OMG! I SAW HIM RETIRE ONCE BEFORE THIS TOO! HE TOTALLY DOES THIS ALL THE TIME!

I'd love to see a research paper from these idiots if that is how they draw conclusions :lol:

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2006, 04:27 PM

:D

jitterbug
06-07-2006, 04:35 PM
As expected - Djokovic retires. He has no natural physical predispositions, unfortunately, unlike the indian guy (Nadal)

Indian? Rafael Nadal is Spanish.

Deivid23
06-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Apparently this thread was just full of 'tards. Thanks for the highlights, Deivid. I sum up their logic as something like this:

OMG! I SAW HIM RETIRE ONCE BEFORE THIS TOO! HE TOTALLY DOES THIS ALL THE TIME!

I'd love to see a research paper from these idiots if that is how they draw conclusions :lol:

They simply wanted Nadal to tire out and they are angry bc he didn´t even sweat :secret:

Experimentee
06-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah, that and the Vamos shoes seem to prove that he was too much in awe of Nadal to make it competitive.

I dont think it was out of respect for Nadal. He was just doing it to be funny, because Nadal had 'Vamos Rafa' written on his shoes.

mandoura
06-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Nole always does this, mandoura

Really? :eek: I thought this was the first time he played Rafa. Or do you mean he always does this with any opponent?

DDrago2
06-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Indian? Rafael Nadal is Spanish.

I call him indian sometimes, beacuse he looks like an indian quite much (actually my father noticed that and I agreed :) )

I'm not sure that Novak was overhelmed with respect for Nadal actually. I thought he was more like 'you had some luck this time, didn't you" a few times

Deivid23
06-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Really? :eek: I thought this was the first time he played Rafa. Or do you mean he always does this with any opponent?

He gives props to a lot of good shots by any of his opponents by "clapping" with his left hand and his racket

Carito_90
06-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Aw, Poor Nole! He did so well here, anyways, he should be proud. :hug:

Now go for the title, Rafa. :devil:

vincayou
06-07-2006, 05:04 PM
He should have asked for a timeout.

BaselineSmash
06-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Here it is :lol:

:D

A deserved bit of mild mockery.

mandoura
06-07-2006, 05:07 PM
I don't care either way...........drama queen, faker, quitter..:shrug:.... because I didn't see the match so I don't have an opinion....

Well, I saw the match :) . I didn't accuse him of either being a drama queen, faker or quitter. I said what I saw: he only held his back after he lost a point. I also said I didn't want to misjudge him. So maybe (implying uncertainty) his injury was not that bad.

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion and this is my opinion. I don't see why or how this makes me don't think before I spout off, disgusting, a tard and an idiot.

Some think he has some growing up to do, some think he's a faker, some think he's a drama queen, some think he's a quitter :shrug: . That's their opinion and they are entitled to it. I don't get why some posters have to resort to name-calling and dissing other posters just to get their opinions thru.

Deivid23
06-07-2006, 05:07 PM
He should have asked for a timeout.

He did earlier in the match :confused:

Deivid23
06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
some think he's a faker, some think he's a drama queen, some think he's a quitter :shrug: . That's their opinion and they are entitled to it.

Mandoura, you know I appreciate you a lot but I think you should also understand that I am also entitled to label as idiots to those who say nonsense and sorry, nonsense is to think Nole was faking an injury in his first QF of a Grand Slam, simple as that

mandoura
06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
He gives props to a lot of good shots by any of his opponents by "clapping" with his left hand and his racket

OK.

Still, I think it was too much with Rafa, not that he doesn't deserve it ;) but, you know, it was too much. :)

And Deivid, don't you dare accuse me of being a Fedtard for that. :lol:

mandoura
06-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Mandoura, you know I appreciate you a lot but I think you should also understand that I am also entitled to label as idiots to those who say nonsense and sorry, nonsense is to think Nole was faking an injury in his first QF of a Grand Slam, simple as that

Does that include those who think he was injured but not that bad? :awww:

Deivid23
06-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Does that include those who think he was injured but not that bad? :awww:

Nole could move (not like Beto) but I think he knows his body better than any of us and he decided to retire as either he was feeling more pain or he was thinking it could become into a bigger threat for his next future. Don´t doubt he was the one how had more interest on keep trying, it just makes no sense to fake in this scenario, therefore imo it´s just nonsense to think alike :shrug:

And don´t worry I would forgive u even if you say a nonsense once in a while imo. I also say them many times ;)

tangerine_dream
06-07-2006, 05:22 PM
The kid's got an ego that's for sure. :lol: He'll need it if he wants to be a top player.

Djokovic: I could have beaten Nadal
June 7, 2006

PARIS (Ticker) - Novak Djokovic is adamant he could have ended Rafael Nadal's winning run on clay had he not been struck down by injury at the French Open on Wednesday.

The 19-year-old Serbian was forced to withdraw from his quarterfinal against the Spaniard at Roland Garros after falling victim to a back injury.

Nadal, who now has racked up 58 consecutive victories on clay, was leading, 6-4, 6-4, when Djokovic had to call it quits.

"I am very unhappy it finished that way," Djokovic said. "Nadal is the best player (in the world) on clay but I was feeling really well on court and playing smart.

"I was in control and it felt everything depended on me."

It was the first time Djokovic had faced Nadal, the world's second-ranked player, and he claims his Spanish rival was struggling to come to terms with his game.

"I felt he was ill at ease because he did not know how to play me," Djokovic added. "I am repeating myself but I felt in control. Nadal is the best on clay but he is not unbeatable.

"I broke him twice in the second set and I felt I could have won."

The Belgrade-born righthander first felt the pain in his back at the start of the second set and did not want to risk further injury by completing the match.

"I felt sore. I was sliding a lot but my serving was my biggest concern," he said. "I fought until the end but I simply could not hold on because I knew it would not have been good for me. I have two Grand Slams left to play as well as many other tournaments.

"I know that I made the right decision but I don't like to retire. Especially because even with a painful back, I managed to play even with him. I am now looking forward to playing on grass and I hope this injury will not prevent me from playing well on that surface. I hope the pain is only due to fatigue and nothing else."

uglyamerican
06-07-2006, 05:24 PM
That's great. You do have to have a big ego to succeed in an individual, rather than team, sport.

Johnny Groove
06-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Djokovic: I could have beaten Nadal
June 7, 2006

PARIS (Ticker) - Novak Djokovic is adamant he could have ended Rafael Nadal's winning run on clay had he not been struck down by injury at the French Open on Wednesday.

The 19-year-old Serbian was forced to withdraw from his quarterfinal against the Spaniard at Roland Garros after falling victim to a back injury.

Nadal, who now has racked up 58 consecutive victories on clay, was leading, 6-4, 6-4, when Djokovic had to call it quits.

"I am very unhappy it finished that way," Djokovic said. "Nadal is the best player (in the world) on clay but I was feeling really well on court and playing smart.

"I was in control and it felt everything depended on me."

It was the first time Djokovic had faced Nadal, the world's second-ranked player, and he claims his Spanish rival was struggling to come to terms with his game.

"I felt he was ill at ease because he did not know how to play me," Djokovic added. "I am repeating myself but I felt in control. Nadal is the best on clay but he is not unbeatable.

"I broke him twice in the second set and I felt I could have won."

The Belgrade-born righthander first felt the pain in his back at the start of the second set and did not want to risk further injury by completing the match.

"I felt sore. I was sliding a lot but my serving was my biggest concern," he said. "I fought until the end but I simply could not hold on because I knew it would not have been good for me. I have two Grand Slams left to play as well as many other tournaments.

"I know that I made the right decision but I don't like to retire. Especially because even with a painful back, I managed to play even with him. I am now looking forward to playing on grass and I hope this injury will not prevent me from playing well on that surface. I hope the pain is only due to fatigue and nothing else."

:haha: that Nole is so silly :silly:

CassL
06-07-2006, 05:26 PM
The kid's got an ego that's for sure. :lol: He'll need it if he wants to be a top player.

I love his little ego. :devil:

mangoes
06-07-2006, 05:26 PM
He said basically the same thing after Roger beat him in Monte Carlo.......... :rolleyes:

Clara Bow
06-07-2006, 05:45 PM
I liked Nadal's response to Djokovic's claims that he was in control of the match.

Djokovic was being outplayed when he retired with a back injury after losing the first two sets 6-4 6-4. The 19-year-old then suggested he had been in control of the match until his injury.

"Oh, yes?" said defending champion Nadal, who has not lost for 58 consecutive claycourt matches. "So he had the problem in the first game or what?"

Cheeky :devil:

mandoura
06-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Nole could move (not like Beto) but I think he knows his body better than any of us and he decided to retire as either he was feeling more pain or he was thinking it could become into a bigger threat for his next future. Don´t doubt he was the one how had more interest on keep trying, it just makes no sense to fake in this scenario, therefore imo it´s just nonsense to think alike :shrug:

And don´t worry I would forgive u even if you say a nonsense once in a while imo. I also say them many times ;)

Sorry Deivid had to go for a while. :)

Don't get me wrong but I still think it was no nonsense. He was injured but not that bad, not faking, not a drama queen and not a quitter. :p

And mind you, I like the guy and think he's very talented. And I don't blame him for a second for retiring even if I think his injury was not that bad. Better safe than sorry. It was the right and smart thing to do. :)

Anyway, I forgive you too for the "idiot" thing and I love your nonsense (is it really nonsense?) . :haha: :hug:

mandoura
06-07-2006, 07:23 PM
He said basically the same thing after Roger beat him in Monte Carlo.......... :rolleyes:

Yes.

mandoura
06-07-2006, 07:27 PM
I liked Nadal's response to Djokovic's claims that he was in control of the match.

Cheeky :devil:

Yes :lol: yet befitting.

Deivid23
06-07-2006, 08:29 PM
And I don't blame him for a second for retiring even if I think his injury was not that bad. Better safe than sorry. It was the right and smart thing to do. :)

That was exactly my point :hug:

Merton
06-08-2006, 02:08 AM
Congrats Rafa for winning. Nole was playing without his serve so he didn't have many chances but he did great in this tournament. I hope he gets well soon and there is nothing serious with his back.