Toni Nadal: "Nalbandian is the most dangerous rival for Rafa" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Toni Nadal: "Nalbandian is the most dangerous rival for Rafa"

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Link for the interview (Spanish):

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/tenis/roland_garros/es/desarrollo/656552.html

I pretty much agree with him, David is playing his best tennis these days.

bokehlicious
06-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Of course he is...

bokehlicious
06-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Too bad he won't reach the final...

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 05:53 PM

We may see many surprised faces on Friday ;)

bandabou
06-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Hmmm....might be, could be. So Roger is easy for them now?

bokehlicious
06-06-2006, 05:56 PM
We may see many surprised faces on Thrusday ;)

I think we may see other sad faces tomorrow ;)

BlueSwan
06-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Let's not forget that Federer is 5-1 against Nalbandian in their last 6 encounters.

rofe
06-06-2006, 05:57 PM
:haha: Not having played a single match against each other, I find it amusing that Toni Nadal said that. I find it even more amusing that Nadal's asslicker, oh I mean the thread starter agrees with him.

This is gamesmanship from Toni at its best.

bokehlicious
06-06-2006, 05:58 PM
So Roger is easy for them now?

Of course, Roger is a toy for Rafa, isn't he ? Nothing's new here... :o

Skyward
Considering that they've never played each other, I'd say that this statement was done for tactical purposes. ;)

Deivid23
I think we may see other sad faces tomorrow ;)

If Nadal has to lose to anyone left in the draw, I´d be happy if it was to Nole, but I doubt that will happen ;)

bokehlicious
Let's not forget that Federer is 5-1 against Nalbandian in their last 6 encounters.

:yeah:

hasanahmad
This is what you call Psychological Warfare, but federer doesnt fall for it like alot of you guys over here if you think he really meant it.

R.Federer
06-06-2006, 05:59 PM
We may see many surprised faces on Thrusday ;)
Yeah, I would have a surprised face to see Nole facing Roger in the final ;)

disturb3d
06-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Toni was comparing a possible final match with either David or Nikolay.
He thinks David is more dangerous, partially because he's close to Nadal in ranking points.

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 06:00 PM
:haha: Not having played a single match against each other, I find it amusing that Toni Nadal said that. I find it even more amusing that Nadal's asslicker, oh I mean the thread starter agrees with him.

Simple things amuse simple minds ;)

vincayou
06-06-2006, 06:01 PM
All I know is that both Federer and Nalbandian are very able to beat Nadal on clay. The only ones probably.

R.Federer
06-06-2006, 06:02 PM
That is a very weird thing for Toni to say, seeing as its Roge who had mp's against rafa on clay recently
and david hasn't even played him yet

Deivid23
All I know is that both Federer and Nalbandian are very able to beat Nadal on clay. The only ones probably.

No, they´re not the only ones, but it´s true those two stand the biggest chance.

mangoes

Exactly what went through my mind when I read this thread.......... :lol: :lol: I guess Tony was trying to send a message to Roger :shrug:

vincayou
06-06-2006, 06:03 PM
No, they´re not the only ones, but it´s true those two stand the biggest chance.

who else? In a 5 setters of course.

mickymouse
06-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Nah, I have to respectfully disagree with him. Nadal is invincible. The only dangerous rival for him is the Banana. That's the only thing that will make him choke in a match.

R.Federer
Exactly what went through my mind when I read this thread.......... :lol: :lol: I guess Tony was trying to send a message to Roger :shrug:
Well, he needs to get back at him somehow after the coaching-scandal accusation in Roma ;)

Deivid23

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3600065&postcount=16

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 06:05 PM
who else? In a 5 setters of course.

Berdych, an in-form Gaudio, even Blake could have a chance, basically those players who are a bad match-up for Nadal

supersexynadal
06-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Totally agree. Federer was playing in his best for on clay in Rome and got CLOSE to beating Nadal. Now hes not at his top form and Nadal is (almost i guess). Federer looks beatable to me...Is this a fair statement??

mangoes
06-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Well, he needs to get back at him somehow after the coaching-scandal accusation in Roma ;)

All he did was tell Roger and all of us that his team is worried.......since they feel the need to try and toy with Roger through the media.

R.Federer
06-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Totally agree. Federer was playing in his best for on clay in Rome and got CLOSE to beating Nadal. Now hes not at his top form and Nadal is (almost i guess). Federer looks beatable to me...Is this a fair statement??
You are kidding me? nadal is not playing as well as he did last year in paris. last year, he was absolutely unbelievable
This year, people have taken sets off him more than last year
But I agree that Roge has not brought his absolute best out yet. He's saving that for the finale ;)

R.Federer
06-06-2006, 06:09 PM
All he did was tell Roger and all of us that his team is worried.......since they feel the need to try and toy with Roger through the media.
He has succeeded..... we hear you Toni. Just RELAX Toni!!!! Its only a game!

robinhood
06-06-2006, 06:09 PM
He thinks David is more dangerous, partially because he's close to Nadal in ranking points.

This makes more sense.

Fumus
06-06-2006, 06:10 PM

Don't be so sure, Roger was lucky to get through that match in Rome. Nalbandian can surely beat Roger on clay.

oneandonlyhsn
Nah, I have to respectfully disagree with him. Nadal is invincible. The only dangerous rival for him is the Banana. That's the only thing that will make him choke in a match.

:haha: I have to agree, seeing that babies are fed bananas and they dont choke, this might be the best chance for the remainder of the field to win RG :p

Deivid23
You are kidding me? nadal is not playing as well as he did last year in paris. last year, he was absolutely unbelievable

In fact, Nadal played close to his worst tennis of the clay season in Paris last year, he was like three times better in Rome 2005, for instance ;)

Clara Bow
06-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Cough, cough...ahem. Before you all say that Toni is trying to toy with Federer though the media- please reread the following. :)

Chloe le Bopper
06-06-2006, 06:11 PM
This is what you call Psychological Warfare, but federer doesnt fall for it like alot of you guys over here if you think he really meant it.

No, psychological "warfare" would be publically proclaiming that a guy who has handed you your ass, match over match, is one dimensional.

Not that I had any more problem with that than I do of this :)

mangoes
06-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Cough, cough...ahem. Before you all say that Toni is trying to toy with Federer though the media- please reread the following. :)

Toying, I say, TOYING............ :haha: So the Nadal team is aware of the fact that Nalbandian is slowly closing in on Rafa :aplot: I am sensing that Nalbandian wants that no. 2 ranking :p

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 06:14 PM

:lol:

Let the fun continue, Clara ;)

rofe
06-06-2006, 06:14 PM

Ah, but the wording "most dangerous" is a dead giveaway...

oneandonlyhsn
06-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Don't be so sure, Roger was lucky to get through that match in Rome. Nalbandian can surely beat Roger on clay.

I guess Roger must be the luckiest son of a gun

Deivid23

Maybe Toni thinks Nalbandian would have beaten more than once out of 6 attempts Rafa if they ever had played, no? :angel:

nobama
What was the point of saying this other than Toni Nadal is just a jackass. :shrug:

Clara Bow
06-06-2006, 06:17 PM

Please note who used that quote for title of this thread.

Sorry Deivid, I like ya loads, but I do think that you enjoy stirring the caca sometimes. ;)

What was the point of saying this other than Toni Nadal is just a jackass.

Again- please note- this was regarding David and Koyla- had nothing to do with Roger. So Toni should not be alllowed to have any opinion about Nalbandian vis-a-vis Davydenko?

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 06:18 PM
What was the point of saying this other than Toni Nadal is just a jackass. :shrug:

:haha:

Keep them coming, please

Castafiore
Thank you, disturb3d

Before anybody else has a fit over this "OMG, Toni suggested that David is a more difficult opponent than Roger..he is playing psychological warfare...OMG....it won't work...blah blah blah"

Come on...calm down, everybody...it's about a possible semi-final and Rafa has to get past Djokovic first (which isn't a given either).
I can't believe how many of you are having a fit over this.
Deivid is trying to stir things because he seems to like that sort of circus but many of you are taking the bait quit easily.

oneandonlyhsn

Since the media is keeping a close eye on Toni Nadal this tournie, he cant give Rafa extra helping cough coaching cough in the matches he needs to let his frustration out somewhere

scoobs
06-06-2006, 06:19 PM
So this is today's Federer/Nadal minidrama, with a frisson of Nalbandian thrown in for good measure.

I didn't have to look that hard :)

Will it ever end????

supersexynadal
06-06-2006, 06:19 PM
This year, people have taken sets off him more than last year
But I agree that Roge has not brought his absolute best out yet. He's saving that for the finale ;)
OMG LAST YEAR!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I dont think he can play that well by the time of the final. He played so welll last year coz people werent even expecting him to beat roger. This year the medias like, c mon we saw u on clay, NEEEXXXTTT! Hes under pressure even on grass now.

So eventhough Nadal hasnt been playing his best tennis, hes still in the best form of all the players. So maybe federers got something in store for the final but I think Nadal performs better in finals.

So.....Federer will probably beat Nalby but Naly is definately much more dabgerous against Nadal AND hes not under pressure

oneandonlyhsn
06-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Thank you, disturb3d

Before anybody else has a fit over this "OMG, Toni suggested that David is a more difficult opponent than Roger..he is playing psychological warfare...OMG....it won't work...blah blah blah"

Come on...calm down, everybody...it's about a possible semi-final and Rafa has to get past Djokovic first (which isn't a given either).

You should know by now that Deivid intentionally stirs up trouble by not giving all the info. He enjoys being a little shit disturber. No harm in that, its fun

mangoes
06-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Thank you, disturb3d

Ok, I'm laughing.......... I don't think the Fed fans are truly getting upset over this.

DrJules
06-06-2006, 06:21 PM
David Nalbandian has a very good backhand and takes the ball early. He is also able to finish points at the net. He can do what Hewitt did with more force. His forehand is also solid. He could give Nadal lots of problems from the baseline.

The David threat might be bigger than people think.

Fumus
06-06-2006, 06:21 PM
I guess Roger must be the luckiest son of a gun

What!?!? Hello, did you watch that match. 7-6 in the third, Nalbandian has all the moment and he misses two easy backhands that would have won him the match had he made them. Yea, Roger was lucky. He's no superman on clay, surely you know that. His armor has chinks, it just takes brillant ground strokes from the ad court to find them.

scoobs
06-06-2006, 06:22 PM
What's to get upset about, anyway? One man offers his opinion on a potential matchup at some point.

It's hardly time to rain down sound and fury.

Who cares? What counts is what's on the court.

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 06:23 PM
David Nalbandian has a very good backhand and takes the ball early. He is also able to finish points at the net. He can do what Hewitt did with more force. His forehand is also solid. He could give Nadal lots of problems from the baseline.

Couldn´t agree more, I won´t be surprised if David wins it all

oneandonlyhsn
What!?!? Hello, did you watch that match. 7-6 in the third, Nalbandian has all the moment and he misses two easy backhands that would have won him the match had he made them. Yea, Roger was lucky. He's no superman on clay, surely you know that. His armor has chinks, it just takes brillant ground strokes from the ad court to find them.

I guess the same could be said for the Rome final, you get lucky. Calm down buddy

R.Federer
In fact, Nadal played close to his worst tennis of the clay season in Paris last year, he was like three times better in Rome 2005, for instance ;)
No, I wrote "in paris". That is, rafa played much stronger in paris last year than he is now
All the commentators are saying it also. Last year, would not expect PHM to take a set off him, nor leyton (on clay)

vincayou
Berdych, an in-form Gaudio, even Blake could have a chance, basically those players who are a bad match-up for Nadal

OK for Berdych but I don't see him keeping consistency over three set. Gaudio in form, that's far fetched these days, and Blake couldn't beat Monfils on clay who is a retriever just like Nadal, but not as good.

Deivid23
What's to get upset about, anyway? One man offers his opinion on a potential matchup at some point.

Tell ´em champ :yeah:

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 06:24 PM
No, I wrote "in paris". That is, rafa played much stronger in paris last year than he is now
All the commentators are saying it also. Last year, would not expect PHM to take a set off him, nor leyton (on clay)

I couldn´t care less about commentators, I have my own eyes :rolleyes:

Fumus
06-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I guess the same could be said for the Rome final, you get lucky. Calm down buddy

Rafa did get lucky with those two points Fed had surely it's true. But, don't think for one second that the match in Rome between Roger and Daveed was a masterful beatdown by Federer because Rogi was on the ropes, Daveed has the tools to make Fed look like a fool from the baseline. Roger can't read his backhand and he's caught flat footed. Be respectful of Nalbandian because I am sure Roger is, and I am sure Roger knows how lucky he was to get through that semi-final.

DDrago2
One thing is for sure: never believe what Nadal's camp is saying

mangoes

I actually agree..........if Nalbandian had played Rafa yesterday, he would have won............but, I seriously don't think Nalbandian can take out Rafa if Rafa plays a solid match.

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 06:26 PM
OK for Berdych but I don't see him keeping consistency over three set. Gaudio in form, that's far fetched these days, and Blake couldn't beat Monfils on clay who is a retriever just like Nadal, but not as good.

Fair points, but I was not talking about having a big chance at beating him, just a realistic, small though, one ;)

nobama
06-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Uncle Toni is right...Nalbandian has a shot of knocking Rafa out of the #2 spot. :devil: His preferred surface is hard and he's done well on grass. I certainly give him more of a shot to go deep at Wimbledon than I do Nadal.

Skyward
06-06-2006, 06:28 PM

What SF? Rafa is not going to play Nalby in the sf.

rofe
Meh, I get bored of Nadal's asslicker thread pretty easily. It ceases to be amusing pretty fast. Atleast, the joker Prima Donna has more substance in his/her threads. On to the semi-finals.

Deivid23
Uncle Toni is right...Nalbandian has a shot of knocking Rafa out of the #2 spot. :devil: His preferred surface is hard and he's done well on grass. I certainly give him more of a shot to go deep at Wimbledon than I do Nadal.

Coherence at its best :lol:

mangoes
06-06-2006, 06:29 PM

Is Nalbandian defending a lot of points at Wimbledon?? I can't remember Nalbandian playing a lot of tennis during the summer 05, so if I am correct and Nalbandian doesn't have a lot of points to defend, then, he could begin to close in on Rafa............ He does seem to be playing with a lot of focus these days.

vincayou
Fair points, but I was not talking about having a big chance at beating him, just a realistic, small though, one ;)

Everybody has a chance! Noone a realistic though apart from Federer and David. I must say that I have been surprised by PHM, didn't know he was able to produce this kind of match.

R.Federer
I couldn´t care less about commentators, I have my own eyes :rolleyes:
I too don't care too much about them. With my eyes, rafa is not playing as dominant in paris this year as he did last year ;)

Deivid23
Meh, I get bored of Nadal's asslicker thread pretty easily. It ceases to be amusing pretty fast. Atleast, the joker Prima Donna has more substance in his/her threads. On to the semi-finals.

Pity you got bored :sad:

Thanks for the laughs, anyway :hug:

MariaV
06-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Ok, I'm laughing.......... I don't think the Fed fans are truly getting upset over this.
:wavey: Just some of them. ;)
And Deivid's got his fun. :haha: :haha:

oneandonlyhsn
06-06-2006, 06:30 PM

VAMOSSSSSSS! :lol: I love this thread too funny

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Everybody has a chance! Noone a realistic though apart from Federer and David. I must say that I have been surprised by PHM, didn't know he was able to produce this kind of match.

Yeah I know, every player on tour has a chance at defeating other, bc there are no dead certs, I was talking about "realisitc" chances. Mathieu has the game to beat Nadal but lacks of consistency as many others.

R.Federer
06-06-2006, 06:33 PM
VAMOSSSSSSS! :lol: I love this thread too funny
It is indeed amusing how many different opinions on Oncle Toni's comments there are!

Well, I am only interested in seeing if the organizers place Oncle Toni far from the court side seats on Sunday....

mangoes
06-06-2006, 06:34 PM

I really don't see any upset Fed fans in this thread. For the most part, everyone is just adding to Deivid's vcash and taking cheap shots.

Johnny Groove
06-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Just planting the seeds for the wars on sunday. One on court, and one on MTF

vincayou
06-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah I know, every player on tour has a chance at defeating other, bc there are no dead certs, I was talking about "realisitc" chances. Mathieu has the game to beat Nadal but lacks of consistency as many others.

Some have the tools (Berdych), some have the mental power (Hewitt) to challenge Nadal, but few have both.

mandoura

Let alone having a fit. ;)

Clara Bow
It is indeed amusing how many different opinions on Oncle Toni's comments there are!

It's also amusing how many opinions there are of Uncle Toni's opinions made by those who do not understand what he was talking about and jump to conclusions. :devil: His comments had nothing to do with Roger- nada.

I mean- how dare Uncle Toni say that Nalby is the most dangerous for Rafa in terms of ATP rankings, how dare he! Time for him to be drawn and quartered! Damn him for offering what imo is an honest assessment. ****shakes fist at Toni****

I really don't see any upset Fed fans in this thread.

I do believe that I read a post wherre someone called Toni a jackass. They seemed quite upset.

scoobs
06-06-2006, 06:37 PM
:D

This is all so silly.

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 06:37 PM
I really don't see any upset Fed fans in this thread.

Where have u left your glasses, dear?

scoobs
06-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Mandoura's Law strikes again

"The probably of a thread on MTF becoming about Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal or both approaches 1 with respect to time."

If one is mentioned, the other will surely be dragged in shortly thereafter.

Mandoura I named a law after you, hope you don't mind :)

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Some have the tools (Berdych), some have the mental power (Hewitt) to challenge Nadal, but few have both.

True

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 06:41 PM
It's also amusing how many opinions there are of Uncle Toni's opinions made by those who do not understand what he was talking about and jump to conclusions. :devil: His comments had nothing to do with Roger- nada.

I mean- how dare Uncle Toni say that Nalby is the most dangerous for Rafa in terms of ATP rankings, how dare he! Time for him to be drawn and quartered!.

:lol:

I do believe I read where someone called Toni a jackass- that seemed quite upset.

Poor Toni :sad:

propi
06-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Such a big fuss for nothing :p
You've got to love mtf :hearts:

mangoes
06-06-2006, 06:45 PM

I mean- how dare Uncle Toni say that Nalby is the most dangerous for Rafa in terms of ATP rankings, how dare he! Time for him to be drawn and quartered!

Admittedly, I'm not going to read what Uncle Tony said because I don't care. It doesn't bother me. I knew that Deivid was trying to provoke the Fed fans and so I didn't take it too seriously.........I actually laughed. But, I'm going to exit :wavey: this thread now because obviously, I was wrong, and many are taking this seriously.

MariaV
06-06-2006, 06:46 PM
I really don't see any upset Fed fans in this thread. For the most part, everyone is just adding to Deivid's vcash and taking cheap shots.
Hehe. Just like me, sorry. :lol: Here some more vcash for Deivid. :wavey:

mandoura
06-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Mandoura's Law strikes again

"The probably of a thread on MTF becoming about Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal or both approaches 1 with respect to time."

Mandoura I named a law after you, hope you don't mind :)

Of course I don't :lol: . But may I ask, why me? :D

And, is this it?

Clara Bow
06-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Lessons for when ever Deivid starts a thread.

1) Count to ten after you read the initial post- heck, make it 100.
2) If you can understand/read the language in which the interview was conducted, listen to or read it.
3) If you can not, please wait until someone who can understand the language posts an interpretation/transcription of interview or article.
4) Then make comments about the interview/article.
5) We all live in a happy land filled with sunshine and rainbows.

Deivid- why do I think that you put quotes in without context for some social science study? You are a lil' stinker. ;)

mangoes- I didn't mean to dismiss your comments if you thought I did. :hug:- It is just nutty how these threads go. And as someone who has been prone to knee jerk reactions myself, I can understand them in others.

Allez
06-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Toni believes he and his nephew have a winning formula for Rogi. It's worked five times out of six. Nalbandian is the unknown quantity and a very good all surface player, hence him being the greatest threat. No pyschological games here unless you choose to read too much into this statement. I'm sure Mirka and Tony won't let Roger anywhere near the transcript and even if he finds out from some nasty journalist, I'm sure Rogi won't lose any sleep over it. :angel:

mandoura
06-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Hehe. Just like me, sorry. :lol: Here some more vcash for Deivid. :wavey:

Like me too :D . I like Deivid and wouldn't mind seeing his vcash rockets. ;)

scoobs
06-06-2006, 06:51 PM

Of course I don't :lol: . But may I ask, why me? :D

And, is this it?

Why you?

Mandoura sounds...scientific..somehow :D

mandoura
06-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Why you?

Mandoura sounds...scientific..somehow :D

OK. :lol:

Argenbrit
06-06-2006, 06:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bokehlicious
06-06-2006, 06:53 PM

Pointing out that Deivid is an arseclown is different from being upset :wavey:

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Pointing out that Deivid is an arseclown is different from being upset :wavey:

How rude :rolleyes:

shotgun
06-06-2006, 06:55 PM
What SF? Rafa is not going to play Nalby in the sf.

Exactly. If Rafa beats Djokovic, he is playing the winner of Ljubicic-Benneteau. So to face Nalbandian (or Davydenko), Bandy would have to get past Federer in the SF.

So, the theory that Toni Nadal was talking about a possible SF match against Nalbandian doesn't make sense at all. :lol:

bokehlicious
06-06-2006, 06:56 PM
How rude :rolleyes:

:kiss: :drool:

nobama
06-06-2006, 06:56 PM
I do believe that I read a post wherre someone called Toni a jackass. They seemed quite upset. :wavey: I''m not upset. In fact if Roger can't take out Nalby on Friday I hope Nalby proves Uncle Toni right on Sunday. :devil:

Dirk
06-06-2006, 06:58 PM

Federer was playing the opposite of his final form and still won. :lol:

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Federer was playing the opposite of his final form and still won. :lol:

This is as funny as pointing out that Roger played his best at the final and yet lost :lol:

bokehlicious
06-06-2006, 07:03 PM
This is as funny as pointing out that Roger played his best at the final and yet lost :lol:

He was on the same level than Rafa in the final, fair enough ;)

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 07:05 PM
He was on the same level than Rafa in the final, fair enough ;)

Difference is that Rafa had an average day at the office ;)

bokehlicious
06-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Difference is that Rafa had an average day at the office ;)

So did Roger ;)

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 07:14 PM
So did Roger ;)

U r really a tool :lol:

celia
06-06-2006, 07:23 PM
:wavey: I''m not upset. In fact if Roger can't take out Nalby on Friday I hope Nalby proves Uncle Toni right on Sunday. :devil:
my sentiments exactly! :D

bokehlicious
06-06-2006, 07:24 PM
U r really a tool :lol:

You'll see on Sunday (if both of them make it to there) what a Roger looks like when he really is on fire :devil: :). Rome was just the last lesson... :o :p

soraya
06-06-2006, 07:39 PM

:yeah:
agree

Argenbrit
06-06-2006, 07:42 PM
:wavey: I''m not upset. In fact if Roger can't take out Nalby on Friday I hope Nalby proves Uncle Toni right on Sunday. :devil:

:yeah: :devil:

mallorn
06-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Deivid, you have a talent for threads that make me sneeze. :lol:

Clara, you make far too much sense, sweetie. :hug:
We all live in a happy land filled with sunshine and rainbows.
:rolls:

Chloe le Bopper
06-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Oh.

Raquel
06-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Nalbandian is dangerous of course, but in terms of Grand Slam play, Roger's obviously brought his best to the court more often when it's mattered on the big stage. David has not brought his best to a Grand Slam often enough to make me think he can suddenly go the extra mile and beat Federer and Nadal back to back. He's very consistent with QFs and the occasional SF, but he's lost a lot of matches he probably could/should have won. David has a lot of talent but in a GS final situation I think Roger would be more dangerous for Nadal - even on clay.

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Nalbandian is dangerous of course, but in terms of Grand Slam play, Roger's obviously brought his best to the court more often when it's mattered on the big stage. David has not brought his best to a Grand Slam often enough to make me think he can suddenly go the extra mile and beat Federer and Nadal back to back. He's very consistent with QFs and the occasional SF, but he's lost a lot of matches he probably could/should have won. David has a lot of talent but in a GS final situation I think Roger would be more dangerous for Nadal - even on clay.

A Fed fan that can talk about the issue without getting hysterical, bravo!

tangerine_dream
06-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Boy, I can't wait until RG is finally over. http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/images/smilies/whiteflag.gif

nobama
06-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Oh, another reason Uncle Toni is right: The gap between Roger and Rafa in entry ranking points has increased since 2005 year end whereas the gap between Rafa and Nably has narrowed. :devil:

Chloe le Bopper
06-06-2006, 08:54 PM
A Fed fan that can talk about the issue without getting hysterical, bravo!
It seems they're a rare breed these days :awww:

Deivid23
06-06-2006, 08:55 PM
It seems they're a rare breed these days :awww:

If they weren´t a rare breed this place would be so much more boring ;)

tennischick
06-06-2006, 08:58 PM
i hope that Uncle Toni's praise goes straight to Davide's head and that too becomes bloated. :p

ExpectedWinner
06-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by DDrago2

I believe what any camp is saying as much as I believe in Santa Clause and Easter Bunny. :devil:

Marat y David
06-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Of course he is...
yes definitely David is the most dangerous player for Rafa I really really hope to see them in the final .

Go David you can beat Roger VAMOS :)

DrJules
06-06-2006, 09:36 PM
i hope that Uncle Toni's praise goes straight to Davide's head and that too becomes bloated. :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: David 6 - Roger 5. David does not need Toni to tell him how good he is.

sophia_c
06-06-2006, 09:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: David 6 - Roger 5. David does not need Toni to tell him how good he is.

Exactly!!!!!

Sjengster
06-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Well, if our intrepid explorers are searching for the Holy Grail of Federer Fan Objectivity, let me say that I can't think of any reason why Nalbandian would be THE toughest opponent for Nadal in this tournament, considering that clay is his worst surface, he doesn't have a big serve to get cheap points and he doesn't have too high a margin for error, particularly on the forehand side. Of course he could hurt Nadal in backhand to backhand exchanges, and he would certainly make more consistent and penetrating returns of the Nadal serve than Federer does, but I wouldn't think he had the major weapons to beat Nadal on a clay court over five sets. If he makes it to Sunday he is entirely welcome to prove me wrong.

None of this makes him any less tough for Federer in Friday's match, of course.

sophia_c
06-06-2006, 09:41 PM

So funny :rolleyes:

Sjengster
06-06-2006, 09:42 PM
All the usual suspects in this thread will be having fits during the middle of the match on Friday just like me, you can rest assured of that.

scoobs
06-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Well, if our intrepid explorers are searching for the Holy Grail of Federer Fan Objectivity, let me say that I can't think of any reason why Nalbandian would be THE toughest opponent for Nadal in this tournament, considering that clay is his worst surface, he doesn't have a big serve to get cheap points and he doesn't have too high a margin for error, particularly on the forehand side. Of course he could hurt Nadal in backhand to backhand exchanges, and he would certainly make more consistent and penetrating returns of the Nadal serve than Federer does, but I wouldn't think he had the major weapons to beat Nadal on a clay court over five sets. If he makes it to Sunday he is entirely welcome to prove me wrong.

None of this makes him any less tough for Federer in Friday's match, of course.
The voice of reason has arrived :)

Sjengster
06-06-2006, 09:53 PM
You may say that, but I suddenly realised that I equated myself with the Grail simply in order to try and make a dig at Chloe and Deivid. Not good.

scoobs
06-06-2006, 09:59 PM
You may say that, but I suddenly realised that I equated myself with the Grail simply in order to try and make a dig at Chloe and Deivid. Not good.
Well I've always thought if you want to be a bit deluded you should go for the really big, satisfying ones :)

I thought your post made a lot of sense in spite of the inherent blasphemy :)

allero
06-06-2006, 10:27 PM
I agree with Toni, but I'm not that sure on whether what Deivid stated is entirely correct (that David is playing his best tennis) I thought I've seen him play a little better before (at the TMC for instance). I'd say he's playing better than ever on clay..Even though of course he did very well in this tournament 2004 against Safin and Kuerten :worship:

Nalbandian!!!
06-06-2006, 10:38 PM

absolutely , if King David beats the emperator ( roger) , nadal wont have a nice final at all.
Im sure David can beat nadal.

Chloe le Bopper
06-06-2006, 10:52 PM
All the usual suspects in this thread will be having fits during the middle of the match on Friday just like me, you can rest assured of that.
I'll probably either be in bed, or at work. Otherwise, yes :D

Chloe le Bopper
06-06-2006, 10:53 PM
I believe what any camp is saying as much as I believe in Santa Clause and Easter Bunny. :devil:
:D

Sjengster
06-06-2006, 11:09 PM
I'll probably either be in bed, or at work. Otherwise, yes :D

I was actually referring to the usual "Fed-tard" suspects. :p

shotgun
06-06-2006, 11:13 PM
I'd say he's playing better than ever on clay..Even though of course he did very well in this tournament 2004 against Safin and Kuerten :worship:

Even though he beat big names like Safin and Kuerten in 2004, we can't forget that both weren't in their best physical conditions then. Marat was bothered by hand blisters during the whole match and Guga with his chronic hip injury would lose to the first one who could add some lenght to the match.

Chloe le Bopper
06-06-2006, 11:29 PM
I was actually referring to the usual "Fed-tard" suspects. :p
Ah. Well you can understand my confusion. The Rafatard gang will be on the floor in fetal position as well, I imagine.

Sjengster
06-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Ah. Well you can understand my confusion. The Rafatard gang will be on the floor in fetal position as well, I imagine.

Surely they want to see their man beat the same opponent again in the final, though? It looks like quite a confident bet, and the mocking potential afterwards is almost limitless.

scoobs
06-06-2006, 11:40 PM
There will be mocking whichever way the cards fall from now on - all that is yet to be decided is from which direction to which direction.

Definitely only a place for the thick-skinned if you have any sort of stake in the outcome in the next week or so :)

Sjengster
06-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Well, I said it a few weeks ago and I stick by it, if Federer wins on Sunday then I shall be absent from MTF until Wimbledon begins. On balance, I'd say it's worth it.

Corey Feldman
06-06-2006, 11:42 PM
No big deal Uncle Festa..

im sure i seen Tony Roche quoted as saying "Oscar Hernandez and Tati Rascon are more dangerous rivals for Roger" when talking about Wimbledon 06.

scoobs
06-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Who do you want to win, Sjengster?

Sjengster
06-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Come on, you can work that one out. The same person you do, I imagine.

Sjengster
06-06-2006, 11:57 PM

im sure i seen Tony Roche quoted as saying "Oscar Hernandez and Tati Rascon are more dangerous rivals for Roger" when talking about Wimbledon 06.

The Tatty Rascal is an old-school serve and volleyer, I believe, so he could pressurise Roger with his hustling style.

scoobs
06-07-2006, 12:07 AM
I think regardless of who wins, keeping off here until Wimbledon might be the answer :)

Merton
06-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Sjeng, there is always ambiguity when two players have never met before. Nalbandian can adjust his style of play to Rafa, being more agressive from the backcourt and the return of serve in particular. I agree that he would be the underdog, especially given that Rafa would be ruthless with his lapses of concentration, but i have been impressed with how he dealt with Davydenko today, offering the regular no-pace balls down the middle and how he was not rattled by losing the 3rd set. All in all, he would have, say, a 40-45% probability of winning a hypothetical Sunday final against Nadal.

hitchhiker
06-07-2006, 12:14 AM
deivid reminds me of the iraqi propoganda minister from 2003 and the federer fans are the gullible masses who continue to believe every word.

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

i should start some federer threads again ;)

Corey Feldman
06-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Yep, He's shiting himself as he knows the Furious Fed is coming to give the kid some agony :p

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-07-2006, 02:44 AM
Nalbandian can crucify "JesusFed" on Friday

or Nadal can crucify "JesusFed" on Sunday. :devil:

Don't care as long as the Fedtards are crying in the fetal position, especially their king Prima Donna.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
06-07-2006, 02:45 AM
Tony is scared of Rafa having to face Fed in the final and wants Nalbandian to win. That's why he's trying to big him up.

niko
06-07-2006, 02:52 AM
Just an opinion of David's fan: I'd like David to win semifinal under one condition, he has to win French Open! :)

Pea
06-07-2006, 03:05 AM
I love these threads.:hearts:

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2006, 03:26 AM
Surely they want to see their man beat the same opponent again in the final, though? It looks like quite a confident bet, and the mocking potential afterwards is almost limitless.
It almost makes one wish for Nalbandian to take it all. Or maybe that's just me :D

soraya
06-07-2006, 03:35 AM
:haha: I have to agree, seeing that babies are fed bananas and they dont choke, this might be the best chance for the remainder of the field to win RG :p

yours is funnier :rolls:

Deivid23
06-07-2006, 05:37 AM
It almost makes one wish for Nalbandian to take it all. Or maybe that's just me :D

It would do fine for me if Nalbandian wins it all

Deivid23
06-07-2006, 05:40 AM

Nice attempt at being funny, jackass :lol:

Deivid23
06-07-2006, 05:43 AM
All in all, he would have, say, a 40-45% probability of winning a hypothetical Sunday final against Nadal.

If that match happens on Sunday, then you will have a very good betting offer for Nalbandian as I´m sure his odds will give him less than 20% chances to win that match. My estimations are an intermediate point between yours and these ones :)

sammy2
06-07-2006, 05:58 AM
Nalbandian sometimes lets his fitness drop a bit - can look a trifle podgy at times. If he is fit he can match it with Nadal.

landoud
06-07-2006, 06:29 AM
Toni Nadal: "Nalbandian is the most dangerous rival for Rafa"
That's a really funny thing to say..... Nadal dosen't seem to play his top to me
PHM was very close to him
if Toni dosen't consider Roger a rival for Rafa ,then he is kidding himself (esp after the 2 mps he had against him in Rome)

landoud
06-07-2006, 06:33 AM
Tony is scared of Rafa having to face Fed in the final and wants Nalbandian to win. That's why he's trying to big him up.
Ditto

admiralpye
06-07-2006, 06:33 AM
if the article was picked up by a Spanish paper, I doubt that it will even pass through Roger's radar.

Deivid23
06-07-2006, 06:34 AM
That's a really funny thing to say..... Nadal dosen't seem to play his top to me
PHM was very close to him

Nadal played well enough to overcome two dangerous rivals who were at his best on the day.

if Toni dosen't consider Roger a rival for Rafa ,then he is kidding himself (esp after the 2 mps he had against him in Rome)

Did Toni say Roger is not a rival? :confused: He just said Nalbandian is the most dangerous rival atm for Rafa, nothing disrespectful on that imo :shrug:

bokehlicious
06-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Nadal played well enough to overcome two dangerous rivals who were at his best on the day.

You are kidding, aren't you? If the headcase PHM and Lleyton on clay threaten Rafa "best ever on clay" Nadal, then just let me smile in silence :)

Deivid23
06-07-2006, 06:48 AM
You are kidding, aren't you? If the headcase PHM and Lleyton on clay threaten Rafa "best ever on clay" Nadal, then just let me smile in silence :)

You´re too dumb to understand, keep smiling in silence :lol:

yanchr
06-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Well, I said it a few weeks ago and I stick by it, if Federer wins on Sunday then I shall be absent from MTF until Wimbledon begins. On balance, I'd say it's worth it.
How can you...it is and will be so much fun :lol: Oh, if your absence means he wins on Sunday, I won't mind your absence forever though you will be missed ;)

Let the fight begin here. I'm already thrilled by all the warm-ups :yeah::banana:

World Beater
10-19-2007, 04:41 PM
:scratch:

DwyaneWade
10-19-2007, 04:50 PM
nice bump, Toni probably saw that the matchup was bad.

Sunset of Age
10-19-2007, 04:59 PM
nice bump, Toni probably saw that the matchup was bad.

Uncle Toni The Seer! :worship: :worship: :worship:

tangerine_dream
10-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Good to see somebody bumping an interesting thread.

Great prescience from Toni :hatoff: There's a reason why he's managed to coach his nephew to the top of the world.

The Fedt**ds and their paranoia over Toni's supposed "psychological warfare" look pretty stupid right now. :)

:haha: Not having played a single match against each other, I find it amusing that Toni Nadal said that. This is gamesmanship from Toni at its best.

mangoes
10-19-2007, 05:16 PM
This happened quite a while ago, but if memory serves me correctly, didn't uncle Toni say this because he thought Nalby had a great chance of taking over no. 2 versus Rafa taking over no. 1......and so he thought Rafa needed to be more concerned about Nalby??? :shrug:

ReturnWinner
10-19-2007, 05:17 PM
This happened quite a while ago, but if memory serves me correctly, didn't uncle Toni say this because he thought Nalby had a great chance of taking over no. 2 versus Rafa taking over no. 1......and so he thought Rafa needed to be more concerned about Nalby??? :shrug:

no , he just said because he thought Nalbandian had more chances to beat Nadal than Federer in that final, just that.

mangoes
10-19-2007, 05:18 PM
no , he just said because he thought Nalbandian had more chances to beat Nadal than Federer in that final, just that.

hhmmmm, ok.

ExpectedWinner
10-19-2007, 05:23 PM
I still want these two to meet outdoors, and not when Nadal is only 12-15 hours away from a macth against Murray.

rofe
10-19-2007, 05:23 PM

Great prescience from Toni :hatoff: There's a reason why he's managed to coach his nephew to the top of the world.

The Fedt**ds and their paranoia over Toni's supposed "psychological warfare" look pretty stupid right now. :)

Considering I said that as a Nalby fan - who is paranoid now (and stupid)? :wavey:

(Sigh - I shouldn't have fed the troll but couldn't resist)

R.Federer
10-19-2007, 05:29 PM

He is not on top of the world. And has never been there either :sad: ..... :devil:

You are so much more concerned about Fedtards and what they say than even more than the Fedtards are. :lol:

marcRD
10-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, so much for me jumping on a conclusion only based on only 1 match. Nalbandian has always been viewed as a potentialy great pig roaster and this match just confirmed these expactations.

nobama
10-19-2007, 08:06 PM

The Fedt**ds and their paranoia over Toni's supposed "psychological warfare" look pretty stupid right now. :):scratch: Um, l don't know what you consider "top of the world" but last time I checked, Nadal is not and has never been ranked #1.

fmolinari2005
10-19-2007, 08:15 PM
I guess people have to remember that Uncle Porky said that back in the first semester of 2006 when Nalbandian was playing great tennis. He had just defeated Fed at the TMC05, reached semi-finals at the AO05 (choked against Baggy, and I still think that if he played Roger back then, odds were that he would defeat him) and was having a good clay court season.

So, he said something like: "The number three player in the world, who has a winning record against the number one, is the most dangerous rival to my puppet".

Most of us eagerly antecipated that clash back in 06. But now few had hopes. Still, Nalbandian is a hell of a player. He can beat, at Madrid, the number two, three and one to win the title! That would be something else indeed ...

ReturnWinner
10-19-2007, 08:28 PM
yesterday Murray started having a tons of bps on NADAL Serve and was holding his own pretty well, but he could not take those chances, who knows what could ve happened if Murray took them

soraya
10-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Let us see if Nalbi beats Rafa on clay, then he is dangerous for him. Hard court? anyone in the top ten can take Rafa out any day.

ReturnWinner
10-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Let us see if Nalbi beats Rafa on clay, then he is dangerous for him. Hard court? anyone in the top ten can take Rafa out any day.

bullshit, do u think Robredo can? lol

Merton
10-19-2007, 11:31 PM
A good bump, for new posters it is worth going through this thread.

Monteque
10-20-2007, 01:32 AM
:scratch: Um, l don't know what you consider "top of the world" but last time I checked, Nadal is not and has never been ranked #1.

As you know, for Rafa fans here the no.2 spot is the top of the world, there's no higher place again to climb. For them the no.1 spot is a sky, it's out of reach, we should understand their thoughts.:)

Corey Feldman
10-20-2007, 02:37 AM
I almost wish Nalbi had beaten Fed in that 06 RG semi so he coulda bitch slapped Nadal in the final

Forehander
10-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Leave Toni alone. As a personal coach for the world number two im sure he knows and understands tennis than most of yous who never even go on court to play or even touch a racquet. Anybody normal who knows how to speculate tennis understands what Toni said is correct and true.

yana
10-20-2007, 09:23 AM
I almost wish Nalbi had beaten Fed in that 06 RG semi so he coulda bitch slapped Nadal in the final

Clay and 2006 are from another different story, my friend. But I agree with you on one thing, I wish Nalby had beaten Fed in that 06 RG semi. :devil:

bokehlicious
10-20-2007, 11:19 AM

No way unfortunately... Pigs will fly the day fat Dave wins a slam finals :sad:

dragons112
10-20-2007, 01:21 PM
nadal sucks his style wont last ling bring on his injuries

ExpectedWinner
11-04-2007, 03:59 PM
What rivalry? OWNED.

For all sorts of tards:j/k, I'm still waiting these 2 to meet outdoors on any surface, preferably in a GS match with Nalby facing real pressure and expectations.

Rogiman
11-04-2007, 04:10 PM

Toni :worship:

Andre'sNo1Fan
11-04-2007, 06:17 PM
You know very true, Nalbandian is much more threatening that Federer.

LocoPorElTenis
11-04-2007, 09:37 PM
This Uncle Toni is good :hatoff:

RagingLamb
11-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Toni's no mug.

ufokart
11-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Who would have thought that Uncle Toni was this wise? :p

connectolove
11-05-2007, 04:27 AM
Uncle Toni knows better.

Fedex
11-05-2007, 04:34 AM
I guess Toni had a point. ;)

Action Jackson
11-05-2007, 04:36 AM
Uncle Toni unlike some Nadal fans knows how to handle defeat. When Nalbandian was celebrating with his camp and he was in the row below them.

He looked Nalbandian in the face and congratulated him warmly and it was clear then and it's clear now Toni had respect for his game.

Mimi
11-05-2007, 05:19 AM
uncle toni is a real class :worship:
Uncle Toni unlike some Nadal fans knows how to handle defeat. When Nalbandian was celebrating with his camp and he was in the row below them.

He looked Nalbandian in the face and congratulated him warmly and it was clear then and it's clear now Toni had respect for his game.

Marek.
11-05-2007, 05:21 AM
Yeah, Toni is class. He always claps for the opponents winners and stuff.

Turquoise
11-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Uncle Toni - gracious, pure class. :hatoff:

DDrago2
11-05-2007, 06:17 AM
It's not only Tony who knew this, it's quite obvious that both Nalbandians game and psychology are a bad mach-up for Nadal. Plus Nalbandian has a lot of brains on court

jaybee
11-05-2007, 07:35 AM

Oh really?:rolleyes:

The Oracle
11-12-2007, 06:47 AM
I dont think he is the only one seeing Federer fading in light speed.

Deivid23
11-12-2007, 10:03 AM
What a fucking legend of a thread, thanks for bumping it :haha:

abraxas21
12-24-2009, 11:13 PM
What a fucking legend of a thread, thanks for bumping it :haha:

might as well do it once more.

DrJules
12-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Just to think Nalbandian had match points to make it 3-0 this year:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=N409&oId=N301

malisha