Singles players playing doubles [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Singles players playing doubles

CooCooCachoo
01-16-2004, 06:18 AM
So.. the question is, out of these great singles players, who is, according to you, the best doubles player? :confused:

oxy
01-16-2004, 06:20 AM
i think hewitt is a pretty good doubles player....2nd would be federer n mirnyi!!!

CooCooCachoo
01-16-2004, 06:22 AM
Sorry Oxy, I was still busy posting the poll :)

I voted for Federer, because he is a great doubles player and frankly much better than all the others out there. I would've loved to vote for Tommy, but then that would just not be fair... :(

yanchr
01-16-2004, 06:27 AM
Federer, no doubt, better by quite some blocks

amethyst
01-16-2004, 11:43 AM
Mirnyi - no question, look at his doubles ranking! And he´s won already with many different partners.

Winston's Human
01-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Of the players listed, Hewitt is the best doubles player since he is the only one to win a grand slam doubles title -- 2001 US Open (with Mirnyi).

If we expanded to the top 25 singles players, clearly then it is Mirnyi. I don't think there is another player in the top 25 with a comparable doubles record.

star
01-16-2004, 01:02 PM
I dont see how Federer can rank as the best doubles player out of that group when he has no doubles accomplishments in his record. I'm not even sure how much he plays doubles.

Anyway, I picked Hewitt because of his record in doubles and his Davis Cup doubles.

Sharon
01-16-2004, 01:25 PM
I dont see how Federer can rank as the best doubles player out of that group when he has no doubles accomplishments in his record. I'm not even sure how much he plays doubles.

Anyway, I picked Hewitt because of his record in doubles and his Davis Cup doubles.

well, federer has won a TMS so he does have some accomplishments

Hispanica
01-16-2004, 02:01 PM
I voted for Tommy cause he just won a double title and he is getting better each time as he plays doubles all year long.

Experimentee
01-16-2004, 02:10 PM
The only good doubles players in that list are Federer, Hewitt and Robredo.

You cant judge who is better just by Grand Slam titles, because Hewitt used to play a lot more Grand Slam doubles than Federer did so he would have more chances to win one. I've seen Federer play doubles in DC and I think he is excellent, better than Hewitt.

Shadow
01-16-2004, 02:12 PM
many players of the list are not good doubles players;)

from this list Roger is definetly the best doubles player.

maratski
01-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Rogi

Shy
01-17-2004, 02:49 AM
Did Roger won a title with marat?

Fedex
01-17-2004, 03:27 AM
Yea, he won 1 with Marat. Of these clearly Federer is the best. He's won 6 Doubles titles to date. He hasnt won a slam yet, but if he played with Mirnyi, id say he could do it definatly!

CooCooCachoo
01-17-2004, 06:20 AM
I know that a lot of the players on the list aren't good doubles player, or hardly play doubles, but the question is, basically, out of the top-ranked players, who is the best doubles player? If people think Agassi is it, they should be able to vote for him, whether it's true or false. Obviously, I cannot name every top-ranked player, so I made a selection

Federer has no accomplishments? Check the statistics please, and added to that, I've seen him play and he is well capable of defeating the crème de la crème in men's doubles. That's why he got my vote.

MisterQ
01-17-2004, 07:59 PM
I voted Lleyton because of his accomplishments. I haven't seen much of Roger's doubles playing though --- he certainly has the game to be excellent at it.

Leo
01-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Of those players on the list, only Federer and Hewitt are mentionable. And they don't even come close to the great doubles players.