I am very disturbed [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I am very disturbed

switz
06-05-2006, 11:04 PM
I feel very sick - not only have i felt sorry for Coria this year with all his struggles but now i found myself last night supporting Hewitt against Nadal. I'm Australian and can say that i've never wanted to Hewitt to win a match for at least 3 or 4 years but i was actually willing him to win :eek:

I simply can't continue to dislike players once they've fallen suffered a form loss - i have too much compassion.

I think it's also because i know he's the only player Australia has who can keep us competitive in Davis Cup but still it's very scary for me :scared:

And Nadal is a lefty as well which should make him one of my favourites - but i just can't support a player after they're dominant. Federer is the exception because he's been my favourite since he was a junior.

ok i think i've made little sense but at least who cares :bounce:

federerfan7465
06-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Yeah this was the first time in a while if not ever that I was rooting for Hewitt.

It felt really really weird, but I just cant root for Nadal right now.

switz
06-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Yes but i don't want to make i out dislike Nadal either because i don't. It was just the situation of a lesser Hewitt fighting hard against such a force on clay like Nadal - it was hard for me not to get behind him.

The only thing about Nadal that i dislike is that bloody kick he thing he does when he wins a "big" point :lol:

LadyNalbandian
06-05-2006, 11:45 PM
the only time i truly support lleyton was in masters cup held here in portugal in 2000. in first game he will play against sampras (i dont like him either). the crowd was for pete (i think at that time "the ignorant people" still dont know who hewitt was). i decided to support him and he won :)

ps: these times i make funny of a sort of magazine that contains informations about the players and the masters cup (bios of the 8 players and more other things related). in lleyton's there is a box about his relationship with kim clijsters and she is described as a young tennis player and more important than that ... her father was a former belgium footballer.

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Deboogle!.
06-06-2006, 01:06 AM
And Nadal is a lefty as well which should make him one of my favourites - but i just can't support a player after they're dominant.Well he's not even a real lefty.... if that helps you sleep at night ;)

Carito_90
06-06-2006, 01:41 AM
:haha: You should feel disturbed! Cheering for Lleyton... whatever made you do such... such... thing!

:lol:

avocadoe
06-06-2006, 01:44 AM
i love to see a dominant player given a difficult time, so I was rooting for hewitt, too. I am a Federer fan and would prefer to have a face off and a Roger victory next Sunday, but still I couldn't resist the excitement. Only if I truly love a player, like Martina Hingis, and Roger Federer, in the past Bruguera, Guga, Yvonne Goologong do root for them no matter who or what.

ys
06-06-2006, 01:45 AM
I am very disturbed too.. In theory, I should be supporting Federer. First, I prefer players who can do well on all surfaces. Secondly, Federer's victory would allow me to dismiss Nadal winning a Slam last year as a fluke, and consider that as another proof of my fundamental teachings about lefties.. Strangely, I am not sure I want Federer to win.. I just feel that if he wins, this will give him such an incredible status which he, I believe, frankly does not deserve.

Argenbrit
06-06-2006, 02:21 AM
You should feel disturbed! Cheering for Lleyton... whatever made you do such... such... thing!

Well, he played Nadal. That made me root for Lleyton too. I never liked Lleyton, but I always root against Nadal. It was very odd to hear me saying "Come on, Lleyton!". :eek:

Chloe le Bopper
06-06-2006, 03:40 AM
I"m happy that Hewitt had a good tournament, but that isn't the first time that has happened. The first time it happened I was scared of myself :)

Merton
06-06-2006, 03:51 AM
Well he's not even a real lefty.... if that helps you sleep at night ;)

Nadal is amphidextrous i guess, (sorry if spelled incorrect) otherwise he could not play left-handed. I won many bets writing with my left hand even though i normally use my right hand. ;) We can use both hands more or less :nerner:

Deboogle!.
06-06-2006, 04:00 AM
Nadal is amphidextrous i guess, (sorry if spelled incorrect) otherwise he could not play left-handed. I won many bets writing with my left hand even though i normally use my right hand. ;) We can use both hands more or less :nerner:If he's ambidextrous then he's ambidextrous, but he's not a real lefty. :nerner: (Moya and Acasuo, however, are!)

Argenbrit
06-06-2006, 04:02 AM
The first time it happened I was scared of myself :)

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. :)

switz
06-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Well he's not even a real lefty.... if that helps you sleep at night ;)

yeah i know...although in some ways that just even more of a compliment to us.

:lol: i forgot about ys and his theories about left handers in tennis.

switz
06-06-2006, 04:30 AM
If he's ambidextrous then he's ambidextrous, but he's not a real lefty. :nerner: (Moya and Acasuo, however, are!)

If Moya was left handed i can't imagine how much i would love considering he's my favourite player as just a plain righty

Federerhingis
06-06-2006, 04:32 AM
i love to see a dominant player given a difficult time, so I was rooting for hewitt, too. I am a Federer fan and would prefer to have a face off and a Roger victory next Sunday, but still I couldn't resist the excitement. Only if I truly love a player, like Martina Hingis, and Roger Federer, in the past Bruguera, Guga, Yvonne Goologong do root for them no matter who or what.

All my favorites, which includes, Navra, Mandlikova, McEnroe, Rafter and Edberg and of course the King Sampras. :yeah: :worship:

Deboogle!.
06-06-2006, 04:36 AM
If Moya was left handed i can't imagine how much i would love considering he's my favourite player as just a plain rightyMoya's a lefty. He just plays righty :) Same with Acasuso. If you watch the masters events or wherever when they sign the camera, Moya does it with his left hand :) Everything I've read about Rafa was that when he was little, Toni and Co. decided that rafa should play lefty, so that is how he learned. So I dunno if he's actually ambidextrous or just learned to play lefty so young that he adapted, but eithe way he's not a real lefty in my book just like I'd say Moya is not a real righty (but us lefties are far more selective and special anyway so we have to be discriminating, right? ;))

MissMoJo
06-06-2006, 05:19 AM
I actually miss the annoying in-face-hewitt. That's scary

marifline
06-06-2006, 07:11 AM
Hum, same for me..perhpas because of this " Eyes of the tiger" video... :o he seemed so cute and nice on it, and we was doing the thing well... And that's a good think he took a set to Nadal... ( thought Paulo made the biggest match against Nadal so far, and I'm happy with it :angel: )

*Ljubica*
06-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Even I was cheering for Hewitt yesterday - wonders will never cease :eek: And like Chloe I began to scare myself!!!!