Nadal x Djokovic, QF sounding like final of RG? Nope! Unfortunately!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal x Djokovic, QF sounding like final of RG? Nope! Unfortunately!!!

Ales_Alessandra
06-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Both are young and have showing an emotional equilibrium that will be the main factor to determinate the winner!!
Plus, I'm sorry for Fereder fans but he hasn't suffer a real threat while the too young men have already played realy tough matches!!!! I believe the winner from this match will be the RG 2006 champion!!

vincayou
06-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Djokovic's ranking is 65, had never been to a quarter final before. I don't think he's got the level to play a final of a grand slam yet, but give him 2 years and he should be ok.

oneandonlyhsn
06-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Both are young and have showing an emotional equilibrium that will be the main factor to determinate the winner!!
Plus, I'm sorry for Fereder fans but he hasn't suffer a real threat while the too young men have already played realy tough matches!!!! I believe the winner from this matche will be the RG 2006 champion!!

:rolls: Spoken like a true Rafa fan.

Djokovic's not coming to net to finish off points will cost him the match

croat123
06-05-2006, 05:34 PM
if djokovic can attack with his forehand and come in to net, he's got a great chance

uglyamerican
06-05-2006, 05:35 PM
It will be a fun match. I think there are still some good players left in the top half of the draw.

Ales_Alessandra
06-05-2006, 05:36 PM
:rolls: Spoken like a true Rafa fan.

Djokovic's not coming to net to finish off points will cost him the match
Really? :lol: I confess that all the finals that Rafa played against Federer I was cheering for Rafa!! I'm not one of his huge fans, but I like the kid, specially because he has been the only one capable of beat Federer, I was quite tired of seen him winning everytime, even with his brilliant tennis that deserve all my respect! But I was quite bored, really!! :rolleyes: :o Ok now someone will kill me probably!!

scoobs
06-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Djoko said at the end of his Monfils match he was feeling tired and didn't know what would have happened if he'd lost one of those two tiebreaks.

Not sure about physically but I think he's a bit mentally exhausted right now - this is new territory for him and he expended a lot of intensity to get by Gonzo and Haas.

I hope he can regroup over the next 36 hours or so because he has a very tall order waiting for him. He has weapons to hurt Nadal though I don't know about defeating him right now - but he's going to need to be fresh or it could come quite easily for Rafa.

rofe
06-05-2006, 05:45 PM
:haha: at the thread. Novak is not consistent enough to pose problems for Nadal. Plus he desperately needs volleying skills for his high risk game. Nadal will win even if he has some more brain farts in the match.

Ales_Alessandra
06-05-2006, 05:51 PM
:haha: at the thread. Novak is not consistent enough to pose problems for Nadal. Plus he desperately needs volleying skills for his high risk game. Nadal will win even if he has some more brain farts in the match.

Tks for your point of view!!! :yeah: Now, I haven't seen Nadal doing so many volleys either!! :shrug:

stebs
06-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Tks for your point of view!!! :yeah: Now, I haven't seen Nadal doing so many volleys either!! :shrug:

Nadal doesn't need to do volley's but as it happens he is surprisingly good at them for a claycourter. The reason someone playing Rafa needs to be comfortable volleying is because otherwise it takes an outrageous shot to win 1 point.

rofe
06-05-2006, 05:56 PM

Nadal doesn't need to. His plays high percentage tennis using his extreme topspin to very good effect.

DDrago2
06-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Plus, I'm sorry for Fereder fans but he hasn't suffer a real threat while the too young men have already played realy tough matches!!!! I believe the winner from this match will be the RG 2006 champion!!

You are over-rating Djokovic - he is dangerous, but not yet ready for beating Nadal. He still has problems with endurance, he makes ugly mistakes too often etc. - unlike Nadal he is not yet a complete player.

As for Federer - he will possibly play Nalbandian in SF (or Davydenko). That is much more of a final before the final than any other match. And only that single match-up makes Federer's draw much more difficult than Nadal's.

Ales_Alessandra
06-05-2006, 06:02 PM
I see! Tks Stebs! Getting more into the game's thecnic!

Ales_Alessandra
06-05-2006, 06:12 PM
You are over-rating Djokovic - he is dangerous, but not yet ready for beating Nadal. He still has problems with endurance, he makes ugly mistakes too often etc. - unlike Nadal he is not yet a complete player.

As for Federer - he will possibly play Nalbandian in SF (or Davydenko). That is much more of a final before the final than any other match. And only that single match-up makes Federer's draw much more difficult than Nadal's.

Ok, might be, but I don't think Rafa is a complete player yet, yes he is ahead of Djkovic, but turned out that he is having a good week and it could be a surprise!
Uhm, Nalby has been quite struggling on his matches in RG, not consistent! But because of that he can either beat or not both Davydenko and Federer! I haven't seen Nalbadian x Federer in Rome so I can't say much about it! Just have to wait for tomorrow!! And I feel sorry for Anicic which will probably not have yet physical condition to play at his best!

Phunkadelicious
06-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Djokovic might take a set, but he won't win, no matter how much I want him to.

belco
06-05-2006, 06:55 PM
i want novak to win but i dont think he will either...

anyway ill still put a small amount of vcash on him :lol:

max122
06-05-2006, 07:08 PM
I think nadal is goin to win it all

connectolove
06-05-2006, 08:09 PM
I just read Nadalīs interview after Hewittīs match and he says how tired he is feeling. Poor kid, I donīt know how good he will feel for this coming match.

Merton
06-05-2006, 08:21 PM
I don't care about the outcome of this match, just want to see Nole coming out to give 100%. (unlike Tomas, who looked like he was satisfied with making round of 16 :o )

ezekiel
06-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Not sure how this feels like final since Novak never made that far but it should be a great match and a joy of contrasting styles

Chloe le Bopper
06-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Federer hasn't had a real threat because he's so much better than everybody else he's faced so far.

Regardless, glad to see Djokovic make it this far. :D

betterthanhenman
06-05-2006, 09:21 PM
This doesn't sound at all like the final. :confused:

Novak is quality, despite being referred to by many as Joke-ovic not so long ago.

That said, Nadal in 3.

stebs
06-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Nadal will want to win this match easily. I feel sure he will win but if he finds himself in another 3,30H long match it will not be good for his fitness. I think Djokovic will have to play one hell of a match to take a set.

NYCtennisfan
06-06-2006, 01:39 AM
Federer hasn't had a real threat because he's so much better than everybody else he's faced so far.

Regardless, glad to see Djokovic make it this far. :D

Exactly. Djokovic has got at least one great set in him against Nadal I think. One thing about Djokovic is that he is a competitior and believes he belongs on this stage. He won't give up easily.

bad gambler
06-06-2006, 03:42 AM
It should be a repeat of the Hewitt match, might get a set and push him in patches but that is about it

hitchhiker
06-06-2006, 03:43 AM
it is the final only if nadal wins

admiralpye
06-06-2006, 07:07 AM
I'm actually more uneasy that Djokovic is the one facing Rafa in the quarters and not Monfils. Rafa has proven he can take Monfils. But Djokovic looks truly threatening to his game, and seems fit for a five-setter besides.

I hope Rafa gets his game on, and doesn't drop his level like in his previous matches.

connectolove
06-06-2006, 10:41 AM
said by Nadal: "I'm going to lose in this tournament, or the next, or the next," said Nadal, as if trying to lower expectations. "Every match is difficult." "I was tired," Nadal. "Some moments I lost my concentration, maybe because I was a little more tired than usual. If your legs are tired, mentally it's difficult, too."

Well, I think our champion is starting to run out of gas and he is letting us know. Nadal is not used to exhaustion and his game requires him to be 100%. Anything can happen but if Nadal wins this coming match it will be incredible.

bokehlicious
06-06-2006, 10:49 AM
if Nadal wins this coming match it will be incredible.

If Nadal beats Nole on clay it will be incredible :confused: ? So how will you call it whether Rafa manages to beat Federer in the final :eek: ?

connectolove
06-06-2006, 10:55 AM
I think that Nadal is very tired and the opponents donīt seem to be as tired. Nadal is playing really long and tiresome matches. This has to affect him a lot and I donīt think that two days is enough time to recover. I wish him the best, of course.

connectolove
06-06-2006, 10:56 AM
If he wins, how is he going to get to the semis? not to even think about the final...

bokehlicious
06-06-2006, 10:58 AM
I think that Nadal is very tired and the opponents donīt seem to be as tired. Nadal is playing really long and tiresome matches. This has to affect him a lot and I donīt think that two days is enough time to recover. I wish him the best, of course.

The rules are the same for all competitors. If some players manage to go through without spending their life on the court that's all credit to them...

mangoes
06-06-2006, 05:15 PM
I think Djokovic may be too tired to put up much of a fight against Nadal. This has been a very good tournament for him with great wins against Gonzo and Haas.

Ales_Alessandra
06-07-2006, 04:02 AM
The days has come! Let's see the outcome!!

Pea
06-07-2006, 04:39 AM
Well at least there are no more threads of Novak being a joke anymore.:p

Ales_Alessandra
06-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Yepi! :yeah:

connectolove
06-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Is Djokovic going to quit?

no, no, just adjusting. Last year he retired while playing against Coria.

scoobs
06-07-2006, 12:33 PM
If this is supposed to be a psudo-final, it's the most boring one in existence.

This has not been a very entertaining match so far.

It's sort of meandering along to its inevitable conclusion

connectolove
06-07-2006, 12:40 PM
It is getting better. Fed against Ancic was boring too.

I am glad that Rafa does not have to kill himself in this match.

connectolove
06-07-2006, 12:41 PM
I was hoping for Rafa to give Djoko a bagel :sad:

scoobs
06-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Rafa is playing really defensively today - he has been all tournament in fact.

I feel he's going to have to start to play more aggressive tennis to win this tournament, whoever he faces in the final.

It's like he's protecting the title rather than trying to go out and win it again.

There's time yet, though.

Billabong
06-07-2006, 12:45 PM
:zzz:

nobama
06-07-2006, 12:49 PM
I have a hard time liking Djokovic. He seems like a big baby. And a lot of negative attitude. Was that time out really necessary? He looks like he's moving fine to me. :shrug:

flip_fan
06-07-2006, 12:51 PM
boring match so far... and i didnt think there could be a more annoying person on earth other then Mary Pierce when serving.. i was wrong - djokovic is in the same league with his 20 ball bounces before every serve. ridiculous and annoying.

nobama
06-07-2006, 12:53 PM
I am surprised Nadal was broken twice in this set. If Djokovic wasn't such a :smash: on his own serve this could be a competitve match. I think one of his service game he was down 0-40 all on his own errors and then DF. :rolleyes:

Billabong
06-07-2006, 01:13 PM
what a great final, Djokovic retired:rolleyes:

Get well soon Novak:hug:

Ales_Alessandra
06-07-2006, 01:27 PM
:rolleyes: Well Seb I have to agree with you!! :smash:
But still, pretty sad that a player has to retire! :awww:
Maybe next year it will happen!! ;) We need more and more good tennis from different players!!
Tks for all point of views!!!! For once we didn't quite bash each others or the players!!! :yeah: