Fed fans, do you want to see Nadal lose? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fed fans, do you want to see Nadal lose?

jh21
06-05-2006, 04:15 PM
I know as a huge fed fan, I would hate it if Rafa lost. I mean in the end I know that fed has a better shot to win the french, but I can already hear it from people in this forum if Rafa loses: 'oh well fed didnt play nadal'. As much as i want fed to win the french, I want him to beat nadal for it. comments?

Beforehand
06-05-2006, 04:21 PM
I can't decide. I now think I'm pretty neutral. If he has to play Rafa for it, I'll be a lot more proud, but I won't lose sleep if he doesn't have to.

bokehlicious
06-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Couldn't care less. I want Roger to win, with or without facing Nadal. However I admit that if I were sure he'll win it, it will be even tastier if it happens against Rafael.

Nacho
06-05-2006, 04:25 PM
they want fed to win the title, so sure they do... at least most of them ;)

and I'm pretty sure most of nadal fans also want Roger to lose before the finals

Argenbrit
06-05-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm not a Fed hardcore fan and I still want to see Nadal lose - but that's more because I never liked Nadal, it has nothing to do with Roger.

atheneglaukopis
06-05-2006, 04:30 PM
In the final, yeah. Not before.

jh21
06-05-2006, 04:34 PM
yeah let me clarify, #1 I want to see fed win regardless. BUT #2 i want him to beat nadal at 100% in the final.

its really weird cuz i dont like nadal and want to see him lose cuz i know it would be easy, but at the same time i hate him so much i want to see only fed beat him.

mangoes
06-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Yes, I want to see Nadal lose.............In the FINAL against ROGER :hug: with a scoreline that looks something like this.....7-6, 6-4, 6-7, 7-5

I don't want Nadal to lose before the final.

Iheartandy&roger
06-05-2006, 04:37 PM
I am indifferent because I am a huge Rogi and Rafa fan and i'm glad to see that someone will be able to takeover Rogi's magnificent tennis if Rogi ever called it quits.

Deivid23
06-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Of course

federated
06-05-2006, 04:40 PM
I know as a huge fed fan, I would hate it if Rafa lost. I mean in the end I know that fed has a better shot to win the french, but I can already hear it from people in this forum if Rafa loses: 'oh well fed didnt play nadal'. As much as i want fed to win the french, I want him to beat nadal for it. comments?

I'm with you. I want Fed to win, but v. Nadal.

mandoura
06-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I want Roger to have his Roger Slam. I guess it will mean more to him if he beats Rafa for it. But I am a Rafa fan too so I am happy his record on clay is still going and would hate to see him lose, specially if it's to someone I don't like. Somehow, when either of them loses to someone I like, it makes the loss more bearable. ;)

Honnestly, this is my best scenario: Rafa gets his record to 59 wins on clay (59 being my birth year :) ) and Roger beats him to get his Grand Slam. :D

robinhood
I want to see Fed beat Nadal in the final, win the RG, and get it over with for once and for all.
But if the final ends up being against someone else, that's fine by me.

hitchhiker
they do and nadal fans want roger to lose

atheneglaukopis
06-05-2006, 04:46 PM
I want Roger to have his Roger Slam. I guess it will mean more to him if he beats Rafa for it. But I am a Rafa fan too so I am happy his record on clay is still going and would hate to see him lose, specially if it's to someone I don't like. Somehow, when either of them loses to someone I like, it makes the loss more bearable. ;)

Honnestly, this is my best scenario: Rafa gets his record to 59 wins on clay (59 being my birth year :) ) and Roger beats him to get his Grand Slam. :D
Ditto (except about the birth year).

tangerine_dream
06-05-2006, 04:52 PM
...and then Andy wins Wimbledon because Roger is too tired. :D

mangoes
06-05-2006, 04:53 PM

Agree :) If the Roger slam were not on the line, I wouldn't care so much about who won the French Open. But, I really, really want to see Roger cross that bridge. Rafa, if he goes to the SF, will have the longest clay court streak............and I don't foresee that being broken anytime in the near future...........so both guys do come out winners. After this year, I'll happily support Rafa winning the next 3 FOs.

jh21
06-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Another question, IF you were told that Roger would win this french and Lose wimbledon, US open, aussie, and french again next year lets say to roddick, nadal, and nadal again... would you take it? or the other alternative would be that nadal takes him out in the final, but roger maintains dominance in other majors. Which scenario would u take fed fans??

bokehlicious
06-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Another question, IF you were told that Roger would win this french and Lose wimbledon, US open, aussie, and french again next year lets say to roddick, nadal, and nadal again... would you take it? or the other alternative would be that nadal takes him out in the final, but roger maintains dominance in other majors. Which one would u take fed fans??

Second option.

jh21
06-05-2006, 04:58 PM
yeah i have to agree

Beforehand
I pick the second option as well. I'm not even sure I give up just this French at the cost of the following Wimbledon.

mandoura

:haha: Tangy, can we make that the US open instead of Wimbledon? ;)

OK, ok, you have it the way you want it. :hug:

sanpo
06-05-2006, 05:03 PM
I am a big Roger fan but I don't want Nadal to lose just because it would be great to catch a Nadal-Fed final again, much more if Rofer was to win over Nadal.

A Fed win over a player other than Nadal in a final would surely lose 'value' to the eyes of many, but I just hope people wouldn't get around to saying Fed won without beating Nadal. The same goes if Nadal was to win without Fed.

It has to be a Nadal-Fed final then. I hope :D

mandoura
06-05-2006, 05:06 PM
RAgree :) If the Roger slam were not on the line, I wouldn't care so much about who won the French Open. But, I really, really want to see Roger cross that bridge. Rafa, if he goes to the SF, will have the longest clay court streak............and I don't foresee that being broken anytime in the near future...........so both guys do come out winners. After this year, I'll happily support Rafa winning the next 3 FOs.

Yes, deal. Signed, sealed but waiting for delivery. :)

As for the second question jh21, I want Roger to win RG once but if this means giving up everything else, then a big no. I am happy the way things are. RG will just be the cherry on the cake. If it's there, great. If not, I still love the cake. :D

gillian
06-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Fed's my second favorite player (after Safin). I do not want to see Nadal lose. I want to see a Fed/Nadal final at this FO.

oneandonlyhsn
06-05-2006, 05:21 PM
No I want to see Roger win FO defeating Nadal in the process.

Oh and lets be real guys, who will stop Rafa getting into the finals. Djoko, Ljubo didnt think so

prima donna
06-05-2006, 05:26 PM
No.

stebs
06-05-2006, 05:36 PM
I don't mind. If he loses all the better for Roger but if he doesn't then bring on the final :devil:

Deivid23
06-05-2006, 05:39 PM
I don't mind. If he loses all the better for Roger but if he doesn't then bring on the final :devil:

So has Roger already got into the finals?

Allez
06-05-2006, 05:50 PM
I want Federer to beat Nadal in the final of course. That's the preferable outcome for most Rogi fans. However if it means Nadal losing before the final for Rogi to win then so be it. Better that than another defeat at the hands of Nadal.

Allez
06-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Also let's not get ahead of ourselves. Federer has super hot Ancic and Nalbandian next. That is a frightening prospect for anyone.

tennisgal_001
06-05-2006, 06:43 PM
I want Federer to win RG this season so bad, and if he defeats Nadal in the process even better (that would be Roger's emancipation from Nadal). Oh btw, IF Roger wins RG next Sunday, he WILL win Wimby and USO

Purple Rainbow
06-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Also let's not get ahead of ourselves. Federer has super hot Ancic and Nalbandian next. That is a frightening prospect for anyone.

Let's not get ahead of yourself. Nalbandian faces a superhot Davydenko first. :rolleyes:

Allez
06-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Let's not get ahead of yourself. Nalbandian faces a superhot Davydenko first. :rolleyes:
Why, I believe you're right ;)

supersexynadal
06-05-2006, 08:58 PM
I LOVE roger, but Nadal is a different story. Hes the one who got me into tennis when i first saw his frst round match at rg last year. I hate to see him lose. Id want roger t beat him once but dont let it be at the french open final!!! Sorry people! Most of u root for roger but i just cant bare seeing nadal lose!!

tangerine_dream
06-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Hardly. Ancic will crumble and so will David. Finals coming right up, as scheduled.

stebs
06-05-2006, 09:02 PM
So has Roger already got into the finals?
Do you not understand the concept of the thread? Maybe you need it to be spelt out for you but I'm not going to waste my time doing it.

Have you ever gone a day without attempting to get people annoyed?

scarecrows
06-05-2006, 09:03 PM
I would like to see Federer beat him, but if it happens sooner I wouldnt mind

Primal
06-05-2006, 09:07 PM

I like the scenario :yeah:

rofe
06-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Do you not understand the concept of the thread? Maybe you need it to be spelt out for you but I'm not going to waste my time doing it.

Have you ever gone a day without attempting to get people annoyed?

:lol: That "clown" as he keeps calling other people has nothing better to do than to annoy people on this forum. Apparently, it is highly amusing to him. He is like Prima Donna except that he has wet dreams about Nadal. Just put him on the ignore list and be happy. :D

Argenbrit
06-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Hardly. Ancic will crumble and so will David. Finals coming right up, as scheduled.

You wish. ;)

pete25
06-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Roger has a RDV with history, he won't miss it. May God help him.

KoOlMaNsEaN
06-05-2006, 11:00 PM
I always want Nadal to lose since he's dominating him

Allstar
06-05-2006, 11:37 PM

It's an interesting topic. Not sure myself. Obviously would love for it to be Fed-Nadal final with Fed coming out on top but such is my dislike of Nadal that I even found myself wanting Hewitt today

DrJules
06-05-2006, 11:41 PM

No.
Hewitt wins Wimbledon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Argenbrit
06-06-2006, 12:11 AM
No.
Hewitt wins Wimbledon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, Henman wins Wimbledon. :p :lol:

megadeth
06-06-2006, 12:23 AM
I am indifferent because I am a huge Rogi and Rafa fan and i'm glad to see that someone will be able to takeover Rogi's magnificent tennis if Rogi ever called it quits.

nadal taking over rogi in the future? ha!

on clay maybe, but not on grass