Why do the Bryan brothers talk about Rafa naked? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why do the Bryan brothers talk about Rafa naked?

FaceyFacem
06-04-2006, 11:52 PM
The Bryan Brothers get it. They are the 28-year-old twins from Camarillo, Calif., and they are the world's No. 1-ranked doubles team. And yet, for the first 15 minutes of a rambling 30-minute interview they will happily pontificate on Roddick's missing mojo, Rafael Nadal's unnerving, naked forays through the locker room and, of course, why Americans can't win on the red clay.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/french06/news/story?id=2469210

um? what?

miss strokes
06-04-2006, 11:56 PM
couldnt be bothered to read it all,i hate those two twats.

scoobs
06-04-2006, 11:59 PM
they should have taken pictures and released them.

Jairus
06-05-2006, 12:06 AM

Back off. Its not their fault that ESPN writes moronic articles.

LleytonMonfils
06-05-2006, 12:06 AM
that's pretty brokeback

miss strokes
06-05-2006, 12:11 AM
there still twats

Bagelicious
06-05-2006, 12:12 AM
there still twats

I think you should have a look at Deb's signature...

miss strokes
06-05-2006, 12:14 AM
who's?

Corey Feldman
06-05-2006, 12:19 AM
I like the bryan Bro's ...
nice to read the ESPN site
also nice to see Luke Jensen thinks Hewitt will beat Rafa today as well :lol:

Bagelicious
06-05-2006, 12:20 AM
who's?

Hers. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/member.php?userid=2404)

Incidentally, I think she might have a new pet peeve for her signature - it's whose not who's. Who's is short for who is.

Deboogle!.
06-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Hers. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/member.php?userid=2404)

Incidentally, I think she might have a new pet peeve for her signature - it's whose not who's. Who's is short for who is.Thanks ;):yeah:

As for the article, the point was that they'e the #1 doubles team in the world and instead of being asked about them and their tennis, they're asked about Roddick, and Nadal, etc.

NicoFan
06-05-2006, 12:27 AM
This thread title caught my eye! :lol:

I shouldn't admit it because I'm an English Lit major but I'm terrible when it comes to "their" and "they're". Not that I don't know the difference, but I think faster than I type so brain blip.

FaceyFacem
06-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Thanks ;):yeah:

As for the article, the point was that they'e the #1 doubles team in the world and instead of being asked about them and their tennis, they're asked about Roddick, and Nadal, etc.

no, i understand that, but people would ask a doubles team about another player being naked? very confused...

Deboogle!.
06-05-2006, 12:55 AM
no, i understand that, but people would ask a doubles team about another player being naked? very confused...I have no clue :lol: And they'll never post the transcripts from doubles teams so we won't get to read the whole thing to see the context.

ChloeLove
06-05-2006, 01:02 AM
The thread title is what caught my eye also . . .

I wanted the interview that consists of 15 minutes of Rafael Nadal's unnerving, naked forays through the locker room. I would have enjoyed that immensely.

Scotso
06-05-2006, 01:12 AM
Did they say Rafael's nakedness is unnerving, or did the journalists? Because someone said something about the Bryans sleeping in the same bed, and if that is true, I don't think they could claim that someone just being naked is unnerving.

star
06-05-2006, 01:18 AM

I wanted the interview that consists of 15 minutes of Rafael Nadal's unnerving, naked forays through the locker room. I would have enjoyed that immensely.

Yeah. Nothing about the Naked Forays. That's all I wanted to hear about.

The rest was :zzz:

dmit424
06-05-2006, 01:31 AM
I bet Rafa loves to show off more of his built body and while everyone is in shorts and shirt, lacing up their sneakers and making final preparations to go out on the court, Nadal, with two tennis racquets held like guns in each hand, strolls into the locker-room completely naked (with the exception of his bandana) and says, with a sly smile, "Como estas, amigos!?"

ChloeLove
06-05-2006, 01:42 AM
I bet Rafa loves to show off more of his built body and while everyone is in shorts and shirt, lacing up their sneakers and making final preparations to go out on the court, Nadal, with two tennis racquets held like guns in each hand, strolls into the locker-room completely naked (with the exception of his bandana) and says, with a sly smile, "Como estas, amigos!?"
:lol: HAHA, it's funny because it could very well be true. It's not that hard to imagine ;)

Federerhingis
06-05-2006, 01:42 AM

I wouldn't say I hate them, they are just plain annoying. :tape:

06-05-2006, 04:51 AM

:lol: I don't want the interview. I want pictures :devil: :devil:

Tinne
06-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Did they say Rafael's nakedness is unnerving, or did the journalists? Because someone said something about the Bryans sleeping in the same bed, and if that is true, I don't think they could claim that someone just being naked is unnerving.

Oh come on, of course this is just a way for the journalist to show what rediculous questions the doubles guys sometimes get instead of getting questions about themselves.

But anyway, I thought the article was pretty good. I was curious how this whole deal with the doubles campaign is coming along. I was at the WTC last week and I didn't see much different. Maybe the WTC is a bit different because it has a different format, but there wasn't even a poster up of the Doubles Revolution.
I still think that there's more that can be done to promote doubles and to get the doubles names out there. Tv needs to stick with it and not show just one match every now and then. They will not get the ratings they want like that. Make a promotional video of the Doubles Revolution and show it in between matches, discuss the doubles draw on tv, show more matches... it's not like you're gonna get awesome ratings overnight.
Even the tournament websites could do more. Put up doubles interviews too, put up matchreports... we're in the second week of a grand slam and I haven't seen anything about doubles on the Roland Garros website.
I thought the atp had started off pretty good with the Doubles Alley and the campaign, but now it all seems to come to a standstill.. sigh

supersexynadal
06-05-2006, 10:16 AM
sorry but WHERE does he talk about nadal NAKED?? i cant see it!

its.like.that
06-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Yes they are gay.

Yes they are morons.

Yes they are shit at tennis.

No they wouldn't win a match if proper tennis players played doubles.

End of story.

supersexynadal
06-05-2006, 11:14 AM
i dont watch doubles and i see no talent in doubles players although i like playing it and i like bryan bros. To me, its just like singles with more morgin for error!

hitchhiker
06-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Yes they are gay.

Yes they are morons.

They also single handedly ruined doubles. That is their legacy.

connectolove
06-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Americans...they are all gay...:)

LoveFifteen
06-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Americans...they are all gay...:)

I wish! :angel:

connectolove
06-05-2006, 12:09 PM
posted by dimit424: "I bet Rafa loves to show off more of his built body and while everyone is in shorts and shirt, lacing up their sneakers and making final preparations to go out on the court, Nadal, with two tennis racquets held like guns in each hand, strolls into the locker-room completely naked (with the exception of his bandana) and says, with a sly smile, "Como estas, amigos!?"

This is funny... I can visualize the whole scene :lol:

Jairus
06-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Yes they are gay.

Yes they are morons.

End of story.

You can blab all you want about tennis skillz and sexual orientation, but I draw the line at intelligence!

They may have dropped out, but I'd say 2 years at Stanford is enough to not be a "moron."

MariaV
06-05-2006, 12:38 PM
:haha: :haha:

admiralpye
06-05-2006, 03:47 PM
there still twats
hahahahaha

you made my night :)

tangerine_dream
06-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Well that sort of answers my question about whether today's young people feel free to walk around naked in the locker room. ;)

Carito_90
06-05-2006, 04:20 PM
When a journalist asked if they shared everything, they said they drew the line at girlfriends and toothbrushes -- but not, necessarily, underwear.

Manda will so totally die.