Shy
01-15-2004, 11:11 PM
poor Roger

Nacho
01-15-2004, 11:11 PM
LOL all the american seeds in the top half :D :D

Billabong
01-15-2004, 11:12 PM
Federer has a really tough draw, Hewitt and Nalbandian! Guga has Agassi!!!!!! God..... and El Aynaoui may have a revenge against Roddick sooner than last year!

Deboogle!.
01-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Anyone have the full draw?

Shy
01-15-2004, 11:14 PM
Federer has a really tough draw, Hewitt and Nalbandian! Guga has Agassi!!!!!! God..... and El Aynaoui may have a revenge against Roddick sooner than last year!
I hope Roger suprise us.With that draw, he is the darkhorse.

Deboogle!.
01-15-2004, 11:15 PM
is Younes even for sure 100% playing?

Billabong
01-15-2004, 11:17 PM
yah I agree... Roger will have to work hard if he wants to beat Hewitt at home(4th round), and he'll have tu surpass Nalbandian again to reach the quarters! That sounds REALLY tough, considering his recent matches... but we never know!!! Let's hope the best for Roger!!!

Shy
01-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Please Roger. Repeat the TMC performance where nobody expect you to win.

heya
01-15-2004, 11:23 PM
agassi with an easy draw again

Deboogle!.
01-15-2004, 11:28 PM
that second quarter is pretty easy isn't it...

faboozadoo15
01-15-2004, 11:32 PM
yea... tough draw for federer... possible hewitt 4th round and nalbandian QF... his semi match would be easier than those, lol
anyway, i think he's gonna go in like he did in houston.

Shy
01-15-2004, 11:34 PM
andy have a hard draw too

Billabong
01-15-2004, 11:35 PM
Whoa, T. Johansson VS Philippoussis 1st round! That's a rough one...
Roddick also got Gonzalez in the first round lol...

Leo
01-15-2004, 11:37 PM
I heard that one 1st round match-up is Blake vs. Moya.

Federer = dead man walking. Hewitt in the round of 16 (just as I joked an hour ago) and then Nalbandian/Henman in the quarters. :eek:

Leo
01-15-2004, 11:40 PM
agassi with an easy draw again

Well, it's not actually that easy. Kuerten seems to be playing well again, Grosjean has always troubled him, and Schuettler has proven that he can beat Agassi.

Deboogle!.
01-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Andre didn't have trouble with Seb a couple days ago lol

Kiara
01-15-2004, 11:45 PM
oh the draw is up on the site........finally!!!

Deboogle!.
01-15-2004, 11:46 PM
yea...... my oh my a tough draw for EVERYONE!

Billabong
01-16-2004, 12:11 AM
Here's the full draw:

(1)Roddick VS Gonzalez
Ulihrach VS Burgsmuller
Labadze VS Chela
(27)Dent VS Mathieu
(18)El Aynaoui VS Blanco
Melzer VS Behrend
Ferrer VS QF
(16)Schalken VS QF
(12)Massu VS Nieminen
Safin VS Vahaly
Dupuis VS T. Martin
(21)Fish VS Karlovic
(30)Clement VS Davydenko
Andreev VS QF
Hernandez VS Lapentti
(7)Moya VS Blake

(4)Agassi VS Larkham
Mahut VS QF
Beck VS Koubek
(29)Spadea VS QF
(19)Kuerten VS van Lottum
Tursunov VS Ljubicic
Portas VS QF
(13)Srichaphan VS Acasuso
(9)Grosjean VS Youzhny
Gambill VS Carraz
Hrbaty VS Saretta
(20)Robredo VS Gaudio
(32)Ginepri VS Horna
Guccione VS Jones
Escude VS H.T. Lee
(6)Schuettler VS Soderling

(5)Coria VS Saulnier
Mutis VS Arazi
Arthurs VS QF
(26)Costa VS Rusedski
(17)Verkerk VS Corretja
Sluiter VS Ancic
Santoro VS Luczak
(10)Philippoussis VS T. Johansson
(14)Novak VS O. Rochus
Ramirez-Hidalgo VS QF
QF VS QF
(24)Mirnyi VS Pavel
(28)Lopez VS A. Martin
J. Johansson VS Popp
Kiefer VS Volandri
(3)Ferrero VS Montanes

(8)Nalbandian VS QF
Gasquet VS QF
Sanchez VS Moodie
(31)Ferreira VS Hanescu
(22)Calleri VS C. Rochus
Canas VS QF
Sanguinetti VS Stepanek
(11)Henman VS Lisnard
(15)Hewitt VS QF
Malisse VS Kucera
Nadal VS QF
(23)Mantilla VS Ascione
(25)Bjorkman VS Sargsian
Kutsenko VS Reid
van Scheppingen VS QF
(2)Federer VS QF

Shy
01-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Though for everyone

Sjengster
01-16-2004, 12:26 AM
Mind you, not as easy for Agassi as you might expect - there's the presence of an unseeded Enqvist, and he happens to be playing in the first round none other than the last man to beat Agassi in Australia, Vinny Spadea. I doubt Kuerten is going to cause Agassi problems on a surface that's one of his worst and Agassi's best, Ljubicic will probably take him out early.

That 16th of the draw below Roddick's is disgustingly weak considering El Aynaoui's dodgy foot, but maybe because of that Schalken at last has a chance to reach the second week in Australia? A qualifier, Ferrer, then Melzer (possibly), he could do that! Couldn't he...?

JeLuliA88
01-16-2004, 12:33 AM
Roddick and Federer has a pretty hard road ahead, especially roddick who has to play gonzalez in the first round... agassi has a relatively easy draw compared with the rest and ferrero is pretty much stuck with all the big servers.

Chloe le Bopper
01-16-2004, 12:36 AM
Ferrero's draw couldn't have been much better than it is, so I'm not going to pee on everybody elses right yet ;)

Nadal might be good for a couple of matches.

J. Corwin
01-16-2004, 02:12 AM
Hewitt v. Malisse 2nd round? hmmm...

yanchr
01-16-2004, 02:30 AM
Roger...how unlucky you are...
a tough draw again
Hope Hewitt is gone when Roger should meet him
Or I should hope Roger bring me surprise again like what he did in TMC...Poor Roger

WyverN
01-16-2004, 02:42 AM
Agassi has it on a platter until the semis

Paradorn? Gustavo? Grosjean? Schuettler???

Those players are all primarily baseliners who play a similar game to Andre only Andre does it better.

MisterQ
01-16-2004, 04:47 AM
Agassi has it on a platter until the semis

Paradorn? Gustavo? Grosjean? Schuettler???

Those players are all primarily baseliners who play a similar game to Andre only Andre does it better.

True, Andre does it better, at least on this surface. Based solely on strengths of their games, he should win.

But the first three players have taken Andre out in big events (Paradorn Wimby 2002, Kuerten Masters Cup 1999, Grosjean RG2001), and Rainer had a victory over him this summer.

So it could still be tough for AA!

Deboogle!.
01-16-2004, 04:54 AM
but none of those were at AO on Rebound Ace, so for that alone you've gotta give Andre the edge over.... well, over ANYONE!

CooCooCachoo
01-16-2004, 05:18 AM
Well, it's not actually that easy. Kuerten seems to be playing well again, Grosjean has always troubled him, and Schuettler has proven that he can beat Agassi.

I don't see why any of these players would defeat Andre this year. I don't think they stand a chance. Rainer and Sébastien can possibly win a set, but that is about it.

BTW Taylor Dent has a tough draw too! Mathieu isn't someone he would've wanted to meet in the first round..
If Schalken is in a good shape, and El Aynaoui is still not improving, he definitely has a chance to make it through three matches. That would be good for him, I think!

Massu - Nieminen.. also very interesting. I think the #12 seed will be ousted immediately. And then second round against Safin.. Right!

I actually think that Kuerten might tremble in the first round, against Van Lottum. John can definitely beat him and Kuerten isn't all that anymore. Go John!

Unfortunately, Tommy doesn't have a good draw against Gaudio :( And the second round against Hrbaty isn't something to look forward to either. He can do it, but it will not be easy.
And Grosjean against Youzhny is interesting too.

Rainer will drop on the rankings after the AO. There is no way he will beat Escudé in the second round, and Söderling will prove to be difficult to beat as well.

Then, Verkerk has a good chance to go far this year, don't you think? Unfortunately, Karol doesn't :(

It's going to be interesting again, but Agassi will surely go far.

Sjengster
01-16-2004, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't say there's no way Schuettler will beat Escude, he's done so in the past (at Wimbledon, no less) so it all depends on whether he can find his form in time. You know, if Moya and Nalbandian don't make significant headway on their results from last year then Schuettler will drop exactly one place in the rankings even if he loses first round.

star
01-16-2004, 03:54 PM
LOL all the american seeds in the top half :D :D

definitely rigged. :)

Lee
01-16-2004, 03:55 PM
I can't recall in the GS history that all 32 seeds remain by the R32. Don't see the value of discussing the R32 match ups now. The 1st round matches have many interesting match ups already and I don't even think all 32 seeds will go pass 1st round.

star
01-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Schuettler isn't even getting to the second round!

Robin :woohoo: will take him DOWN!!!

TennisLurker
01-16-2004, 06:21 PM
Escude can play like crap too, he has good and bad days.

Chloe le Bopper
01-16-2004, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't say there's no way Schuettler will beat Escude, he's done so in the past (at Wimbledon, no less) so it all depends on whether he can find his form in time. You know, if Moya and Nalbandian don't make significant headway on their results from last year then Schuettler will drop exactly one place in the rankings even if he loses first round.
I was under the impression that the gap between Moya and Rainer was so big that Rainer could lose early and not drop a single place? It was roughly 1000 points before this week, so I imagine that the gap is still bigger than 700... ?

Sjengster
01-16-2004, 07:16 PM
I believe you're right, Becca - in fact, even if Moya wins Sydney I think Schuettler would still stay just ahead of him if he lost first round. Of course, given Moya's great form then it's likely he will improve greatly on his second round last year (that's if he gets past the potential banana-skin of Blake in the first round), but Schuettler only has to win a couple of rounds himself to maintain a good distance from him at no. 6. Nalbandian has QF points to defend himself, as does Grosjean - but then him and everyone below him are so far back themselves in terms of points that they can't make much impact in the rankings.