If the homecrowd won't help, Tommy will have to win it on his own-Halle- Semi-final [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If the homecrowd won't help, Tommy will have to win it on his own-Halle- Semi-final

06-03-2006, 02:58 AM
Well Tommy is scheduled to play in Halle 6/12 - 6/18/06.
I'm finally beginning to understand why Andy Roddick is always talking about the tennis schedule. It is just one Tournament right after another :rolleyes: :eek: Great for us Fans :D very hard on the players :sad:

Jogy
06-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Mae, believe it from me: Halle crowd will be much better :yeah:

06-03-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm very glad to hear that Jogy :D I know nothing about Halle at all. I don't even know where it is located in Germany :shrug: I just couldn't resist a play on the Hamburg thread title :p

yumo
06-04-2006, 11:32 AM
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-06/4_3029586_1.jpg

Neely
06-04-2006, 01:16 PM
:lol:
that is not going to very difficult :o

06-04-2006, 06:03 PM
:lol:
that is not going to very difficult :o
:haha: :haha: :haha: I'm sure you are right about that Neely
:lol: Now if Tommy could just get well :rolleyes: Please :angel:

Alexiana
06-05-2006, 01:15 PM
The Halle crowd is nothing like the ......Hamburg crowd fortunately :)

06-05-2006, 08:09 PM
The Halle crowd is nothing like the ......Hamburg crowd fortunately :)
Well since I have never been to either Hamburg or Halle why do you think the crowds are so different?

Alexiana
06-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Well since I have never been to either Hamburg or Halle why do you think the crowds are so different?

I have been to Halle and they are really supportive. But the German players are far better on grass than they are on clay. So the Hamburg crowd always excepts a very special performance every year and it never happens....So they are kind of pissed there ;)

06-06-2006, 04:01 AM
I have been to Halle and they are really supportive. But the German players are far better on grass than they are on clay. So the Hamburg crowd always excepts a very special performance every year and it never happens....So they are kind of pissed there ;)
Wonder if they ever thought about changing the playing surface in Hamburg :rolleyes: And you know for some reason when I think of German players I think of hard courts. But then that can be because when I get to see Tommy play it is usually on a hard court except, of course, for Wimbledon.

Alexiana
06-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Wonder if they ever thought about changing the playing surface in Hamburg :rolleyes: And you know for some reason when I think of German players I think of hard courts. But then that can be because when I get to see Tommy play it is usually on a hard court except, of course, for Wimbledon.

In Europe all the players usually grow up on claycourts (in the summer). But there are really few german players, who are great claycourters. Don't know why , but it's like that.
It would be fantastic to have a german hardcourt tournament. But the only one we had was Stuttgart and that was sold to Madrid.... The only German tournament Tommy was able to win :sad: :mad:

06-06-2006, 02:15 PM
In Europe all the players usually grow up on claycourts (in the summer). But there are really few german players, who are great claycourters. Don't know why , but it's like that.
It would be fantastic to have a german hardcourt tournament. But the only one we had was Stuttgart and that was sold to Madrid.... The only German tournament Tommy was able to win :sad: :mad:
That's interesting. The American men are terrible on clay also, but the U.S. doesn't have that many clay courts. There are clay courts in Florida, but for some reason that doesn't help our players :( They say the clay is different :rolleyes: And the only clay court Tournament that I can think of in the U.S. is Houston which Tommy should have won :crying2: I see Tommy as more of a hard court player anyway if he could just get well Alexiana :rolleyes: Is it definitely just allergies that are bothering Tommy? I don't know why, but I keep thinking there is more wrong with Tommy than allergies?

Alexiana
06-07-2006, 06:14 PM
That's interesting. The American men are terrible on clay also, but the U.S. doesn't have that many clay courts. There are clay courts in Florida, but for some reason that doesn't help our players :( They say the clay is different :rolleyes: And the only clay court Tournament that I can think of in the U.S. is Houston which Tommy should have won :crying2: I see Tommy as more of a hard court player anyway if he could just get well Alexiana :rolleyes: Is it definitely just allergies that are bothering Tommy? I don't know why, but I keep thinking there is more wrong with Tommy than allergies?

Yeah, he sure is a harcourter. He will get well, believe me :hug:

06-08-2006, 04:38 AM
Yeah, he sure is a harcourter. He will get well, believe me :hug:
I'm trying to believe he will get well, but I guess the concept of someone being that sick for that long due to allergies is something I can't understand :rolleyes: I mean I have allergies I'm treated for them and they don't bother me. Yet Tommy has really been ill :sad: I wonder if maybe there is medication that Tommy can't take due to the drug testing :unsure: I just want Tommy well :angel: And see I'm so upset about Tommy's health that your remark just went right over my head :eek: When I looked at my post with your quote I finally got it :retard:

Alexiana
06-08-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm trying to believe he will get well, but I guess the concept of someone being that sick for that long due to allergies is something I can't understand :rolleyes: I mean I have allergies I'm treated for them and they don't bother me. Yet Tommy has really been ill :sad: I wonder if maybe there is medication that Tommy can't take due to the drug testing :unsure: I just want Tommy well :angel: And see I'm so upset about Tommy's health that your remark just went right over my head :eek: When I looked at my post with your quote I finally got it :retard:

Let's be optimistic :) My Tommy-target for 2006 ist still the Masters Cup. And the 10th tournament would be great ;)

<Eve>
06-08-2006, 05:54 PM
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-06/4_3029586_1.jpg
wow thanks for posting!!!!!! :worship:

06-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Tommy Girl I have missed seeing you around here. After all we have to have "Tommy Girl" in Tommy's Forum :) BTW
thanks yumo for the posting :D

<Eve>
06-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Tommy Girl I have missed seeing you around here. After all we have to have "Tommy Girl" in Tommy's Forum :) BTW
thanks yumo for the posting :D :D thanks for the nice words!! :hug: but i'm back! I've been busy with studying, organizing a big Jungle party (which will happen tomorrow evening), and of course partying! :lol:
good to be back! :angel:

06-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Let's be optimistic :) My Tommy-target for 2006 ist still the Masters Cup. And the 10th tournament would be great ;)
When the year started out my target for him was to be in the Top Ten. Which I think if he would have stayed well he could have done that easily. But with all the health problems he has had so far and we are in June right now I don't know if he can still do that or not :shrug: He certainly can't do it if he doesn't get well and stay well :sad:

Jogy
06-09-2006, 11:21 PM
I hope Tommy gets good draw and not near Federer again :mad:
I hope Tommy is ready to play good at the tournament! :cool: :banana:

06-10-2006, 05:25 AM
I hope Tommy gets good draw and not near Federer again :mad:
I hope Tommy is ready to play good at the tournament! :cool: :banana:
I understand Tommy probably wants to play in Halle since it is a German Tournament, but if it were me I would go to a Tournament that Federer was not playing in :rolleyes:

06-10-2006, 05:28 AM
:D thanks for the nice words!! :hug: but i'm back! I've been busy with studying, organizing a big Jungle party (which will happen tomorrow evening), and of course partying! :lol:
good to be back! :angel:
:lol: I wonder if you are still partying :dance: I would love to live close to you because you seem to always have a good time :D

06-11-2006, 05:03 AM
Well does anyone know anything about Gilles Simon. That is who Tommy plays in the 1st Round at Halle. I saw the draw in another player's Forum. I believe it said Simon was from France? I think I have seen that name in Tournment Listings before :unsure: But I know nothing at all about him as a tennis players :retard:

06-11-2006, 05:18 AM
Well the ATP Site says Gilles is from France. He is right-handed. And is 22 years old now, but will turn 23 in December of this year. His current ranking is #47 which is also his highest ranking. He says his favorite surface to play on is hard courts. Depending on Tommy's health; which sad to say can't be depended on. it sounds like this is a good 1st Round to me. But what do I know :shrug: Auf geht's Tommy :)

enqvistfan
06-11-2006, 06:26 AM
Yes, I've heard a little bit of Gilles Simon. He has some good results lately on clay, he won in Valencia I think. Well, hope Tommy recovered, he should win the match in Halle !! Good luck :bounce:

TommyB.
06-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Good luck Tommy! :)

Gilles Simon is one of the newcomers from France. I think he´s a solid base liner. But i don´t know how Simon playing on grass...

enqvistfan
06-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Good luck Tommy! :)

Gilles Simon is one of the newcomers from France. I think he´s a solid base liner. But i don´t know how Simon playing on grass...

I really don't know even if I'm French. But, it won't be impossible for Tommy to win against him. It will be their first meeting.

Alexiana
06-11-2006, 09:53 PM
I think - if Tommy is fit- he should easily beat Simon. Good luck, Tommy :D

06-12-2006, 02:09 AM
I think - if Tommy is fit- he should easily beat Simon. Good luck, Tommy :D
Oh me there it is again "if Tommy is fit" :( Why oh why can't Tommy get well and stay well :rolleyes:

<Eve>
06-12-2006, 05:15 PM
i'm totally out of tennis right now because of the world championship football/soccer or whatever you call it ;)

when does tommy have to play?? :o :rolleyes:
i really hope he can win!!

Neely
06-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Tommy plays tomorrow not before 17:30 against Simon on Centrecourt!

Good luck! :D :worship:

TommyB.
06-12-2006, 06:33 PM

cool! So we can see it on TV in Germany. :)

Today he lost double with Alex Waske against Gasquet/Vliegen 1:6 6:3 6:10.

06-12-2006, 07:39 PM

Thanks for the information Neely :) I just hope Tommy is well. I don't know if that Doubles Match means anything or not :confused: I don't really consider Tommy a true Doubles player so normally I wouldn't even think about the lost. But knowing about his health situation I am concerned :rolleyes:

<Eve>
06-12-2006, 08:44 PM
cool! So we can see it on TV in Germany. :)

Today he lost double with Alex Waske against Gasquet/Vliegen 1:6 6:3 6:10. how is it possible to lose the 3rd set with 6-10??? :shrug: :unsure:

TommyB.
06-12-2006, 09:09 PM
how is it possible to lose the 3rd set with 6-10??? :shrug: :unsure:

They played a long Tiebreak in the third set. It´s one of this new double rules.

06-13-2006, 04:03 AM
Yes the new rule is you have to go to at least 10 points and the winner has to win by at least 2 points, I think :unsure: I'm 100% sure I'm right about the 10 points, but I'm not 100% sure about the winning by 2 points :shrug: I think the people in charge of tennis are trying to do away with Doubles myself. And if that is the case I would rather they just go ahead and do away with them instead of having all these silly rule changes :sad:

Alexiana
06-13-2006, 08:03 AM
how is it possible to lose the 3rd set with 6-10??? :shrug: :unsure:

It's called Champions Tiebreak. They play till 10 :)

Alexiana
06-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Yes the new rule is you have to go to at least 10 points and the winner has to win by at least 2 points, I think :unsure: I'm 100% sure I'm right about the 10 points, but I'm not 100% sure about the winning by 2 points :shrug: I think the people in charge of tennis are trying to do away with Doubles myself. And if that is the case I would rather they just go ahead and do away with them instead of having all these silly rule changes :sad:

yeah, tha's true, what you said :)

<Eve>
06-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Ahh now i understand it!! it happened before at another tournament and i asked my friend and she said it was impossible! :eek:
so thanks for the info! :D

<Eve>
06-13-2006, 04:52 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :yeah: :aparty:
yeaaah!!!! Tommy won!!!!! 6-4 7-5!! did anyone see the match?? how did tommy play??

come oooon tommy!!!! :D :D

06-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Congrats to Tommy for his win :) Of course, I didn't see it because I have no coverage of the Tournament :fiery: And there was no vBetting. I wanted to bet on Tommy, but there were no Matches up at all :mad:
I wish I understood more about putting Matches up for vBetting maybe then I would understand why there seems to be so much trouble in keeping vBetting available :confused:

TommyB.
06-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Tommy :clap2:

I was satisfied with him. He played really good and concentrate for the first match on grass. Especially his serve worked without any problems...0 bp´s for Simon in the whole match! And Tommy used his own breakpoints consistent. Some problems with returns but it´s normal when you change the surface. :)

Neely
06-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeah, a win! :yeah:
Now continue :) :yeah:

mays
06-13-2006, 08:15 PM
TommyB.
i know we are not in the same country, but on what channel are u watching the open?
thanx.

nordik
06-13-2006, 08:24 PM
It's my first post here.... :)
I live in France, i watched the match on DSF, channel i received thanks to satelite system...
Good matche :D

:wavey:

Alexiana
06-13-2006, 09:01 PM
It's my first post here.... :)
I live in France, i watched the match on DSF, channel i received thanks to satelite system...
Good matche :D

Welcome nordik :wavey:

Alexiana
06-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Tommy :clap2:

I was satisfied with him. He played really good and concentrate for the first match on grass. Especially his serve worked without any problems...0 bp´s for Simon in the whole match! And Tommy used his own breakpoints consistent. Some problems with returns but it´s normal when you change the surface. :)

It really was a good match. Some problems, but thats normnal in a first round match and after the clay season. I really liked the interview after the match. He was so relaxed and nice. Did you see it? :)

TommyB.
06-13-2006, 09:05 PM
TommyB.
i know we are not in the same country, but on what channel are u watching the open?
thanx.

No problem. I´m watching DSF! :)

TommyB.
06-13-2006, 09:13 PM
It really was a good match. Some problems, but thats normnal in a first round match and after the clay season. I really liked the interview after the match. He was so relaxed and nice. Did you see it? :)

Oh yes...this interview was really nice!! Tommy like this tournament i think and it´s good to see when he is so relaxed.

I have a good feeling for him this week! :)

Alexiana
06-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Oh yes...this interview was really nice!! Tommy like this tournament i think and it´s good to see when he is so relaxed.

I have a good feeling for him this week! :)

He has to defend a SF, so I hope he kicks some ass ;)

TommyB.
06-13-2006, 09:49 PM
He has to defend a SF, so I hope he kicks some ass ;)

Hopefully. ;) I think Tommy can reach the SF in this year too. But we must look on his next match against Seppi at first!

06-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Yes just play and win one Match at a time :) I would have loved to have seen and heard the interview :sad: I take it from your comments that Tommy seems to be healthy right now. Just please Tommy stay well :angel:

<Eve>
06-14-2006, 10:31 AM
:wavey: hi nordik!
good to hear he played well!
it's too bad i don't have a sattelite!! :sad: because i have a lot of german channels, but no gerry weber open on them! :( and eurosport is only covering Queens :( :(

06-14-2006, 10:39 AM
Hi nordik :wavey: Well Tommy Girl at least you are getting some tennis coverage. It may not be the Tournament you want, but at least you can watch some tennis :rolleyes:

<Eve>
06-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi nordik :wavey: Well Tommy Girl at least you are getting some tennis coverage. It may not be the Tournament you want, but at least you can watch some tennis :rolleyes: well mae, i always get some coverage, but except for the grand slams, it's always the tournament where tommy doesn't play!!! :mad: :( :sad:
and normally i get a lot of the WTA.. also not very interesting... :o
so i can watch tennis yes, but not the things i want to see!!

06-14-2006, 10:56 AM
well mae, i always get some coverage, but except for the grand slams, it's always the tournament where tommy doesn't play!!! :mad: :( :sad:
and normally i get a lot of the WTA.. also not very interesting... :o
so i can watch tennis yes, but not the things i want to see!!
Well I hope that ESPN will give us some decent coverage of the Hard Court U.S. Tournaments leading up to the U.S. Open. I know we will get U.S. Open coverage. But since The Tennis Channel has taken over I get very little tennis coverage since I can't get The Tennis Channel :bigcry:

yumo
06-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Haas wins in straight sets, Injury forces Kiefer out
13 June 2006

Haas might slowly but surely enjoy playing on grass. He made his way through to the semi-finals last year, where he was stopped by three-time defending champion Roger Federer. Haas could be in for a rematch this time out - the first step has been made by defeating Simon.
"I did not know much about him," said Haas. "That´s why I slowly tried to adjust to his style of play in the first games." Simon, who in the last 18 months stormed all the way up to the 47th position in the rankings, looked thoroughly unimpressed early out when he threatened with stops as well as a good service. But Haas converted his first break point in the crucial seventh game courtesy of a deep backhand slice which remained unanswered by Simon. He then took the first set on a nice volley.

There was only little excitement in the second set before both men raised their game towards the end. Just when the tie-breaker was looming, Haas´ good deal of experience played to his advantage. Simon saved three break points at 5:5 before Haas hammered home a powerful forehand to go up 6-5. He then clinched the last four points for the win.

After the match he played down his hay fever problems. "I receive treatment and I am feeling very well," he stated. Next up for Haas is Italy´s Andreas Seppi, whom he has never faced before. "I will again feel my way into the match," Haas predicted. Haas will used the GERRY WEBER OPEN to work on his dream. "Just once I would love to reach the round of last 16 in Wimbledon," said Haas. "I closely missed out on it so many times."

A wrist sprain forced Nicolas Kiefer to pull out before his first match. Kiefer picked up the knock during the French Open. He has received intensive treatment in the last days, but the wrist would not heal. "I am ever so sorry for the fans," he stated. Pulling out of his favourite tournament was a "bitter" moment. "It hurts," the 28-year-old sighed. Lucky loser Kristian Ples from Denmark takes his place. (picture: pmk)

<Eve>
06-14-2006, 12:21 PM
thanks for this aswell yumo!!!

and,:angel: , especially for: -----MAE----- a little quote from this article:

"I receive treatment and I am feeling very well,"

:woohoo: :woohoo: :banana: :rocker2: :aparty:

yumo
06-14-2006, 01:13 PM
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-06/14_3122123_1.jpg

06-14-2006, 06:44 PM
thanks for this aswell yumo!!!

and,:angel: , especially for: -----MAE----- a little quote from this article:

"I receive treatment and I am feeling very well,"

:woohoo: :woohoo: :banana: :rocker2: :aparty:
Believe me Tommy Girl I picked up on that quote right away :D And thanks yumo for the article :) Tommy isn't really a grass court player, but I would like to see him pick up some wins now :) And if all he is asking for during Wimbledon is the Round of 16 I sure would like to see him get that :angel: I really just want Tommy to stay well for the hard courts tournaments coming up :) Since that IMO is where he plays his best tennis ;)

06-14-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm sorry about Kiwi being hurt. It just seems like the German Tennis Players haven't had much luck staying well :sad:

<Eve>
06-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Ok guys and girls!

Tomorrow Tommy has to play against Andreas Seppi,
Center Court, not before 5:30pm!

Good luck!! Auf geht's Tommy!!
:woohoo:

:drink: cheers to the win of Germany in the football btw!!
*i wanted it to remain 0-0 :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes: * it would have been fair ;)

06-15-2006, 05:15 AM
Auf geht's Tommy. Also that poster that uses the name 'supertommyhaas' has another thread in GM knocking Tommy. I told the poster I thought a name change was needed among other things :lol: The things you find in GM :eek: :ras: Also what is the point of having vCash if you can't vBet? I mean it's not like you can go and spend vCash in a store. Don't I wish :rolleyes:

TommyB.
06-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Come on Tommy! You can win this!!

Yesterday he watched the World-Cup match between Germany and Poland in the stadium with some other Germans. I hope they are celebrate the victory not too much! ;)

Alexiana
06-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Let's go Tommy :bigclap: Hopefully the victory of the german football team gives him even more motivation. :)

Alexiana
06-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Interview with Tommy Haas
Dienstag, 13.06.2006

Q: What do you think about the start, first match?
A: It’s always tough. You never know what to expect really. Especially when playing the match. Practice is always different. It’s also tough playing an opponent you don’t know really much about. You try and get a feel for the first couple of games. Overall, I was pretty pleased with the way I was serving. I can still improve definitely how I set up the points and how I move on the grass.

Q: With this opponent: he seemed to have great variety. Was that complexing you at the beginning?
A: I think he would have good variety. He’s got a lot of feel. He also moves the ball around quite good. But I think he’s not really using his ability of coming to the net. I think he doesn’t feel comfortable being at the net so much. That’s why he was staying back. It allows you more staying back these days, because the balls are much heavier and the grass courts get better every year. You can definitely play from the baseline as well.

Q: How is the court playing this year as compared to last year?
A: Pretty similar. It’s always a bit slippery on the outside of the lines. But overall I like how it’s playing.

Q: What about the balls? You mentioned the balls.
A: Yes, they get pretty thick. When you change the new balls it takes a couple of rallies and they puff up a little bit. It makes them a little bit slower than maybe in the past years. But that’s the way it is.

Q: How are you healthwise? Your allergy? And did you catch up regarding your condition? And, what does today’s result mean with respect to the Davis Cup result which hadn’t been so lucky?
A: As regards the hay fever, I’m fine. I’m also quite surprised because the weather has been really nice for the past four, five days and for sure the pollen fly even more. But at the moment, it’s under control. And I still take my medicine and am quite happy with it. I haven’t made another blood test, so I will have to get my blood tested next week and see what the results are like. If they are better, I can train accordingly. Before the French Open, I wasn’t hat sure whether I should attack and didn’t feel that fit physically. But that’s 2 ½ weeks ago and things have been getting better since then.

And with respect to the Davis Cup, that’s in the past. You have to put that behind. Of course, we would have loved to beat the French because actually we had the trump on our side, but didn’t use them.

Q: But is it like an indemnification in the singles?
A: I try to play well every week. It goes without saying that I want to play even better here or in Germany. But I only can give my best. If I get further I am happy. That is my goal.

Q: Last year, you were in the semis. So how is your relationship with this surface now?
A: I never felt that I played badly on grass, including here. One year I lost to Richard Krajicek, then to Kulti who won the tournament. Two years ago I lost to Novak, who played really well. These were all matches, where I played well. I never played bad. Also last year in the semis against Federer I performed well. And in Wimbledon I never really played badly, but was more unlucky. I lost a few close matches there, i.e. to Rosset, 9:7 in the fifth and against Arthurs. If I had won the matches and made it to the round of last 16, which actually is a great goal of mine to make it to the round of last 16 in Wimbledon. And I don’t have that many possibilities to improve my game on grass. Mostly, I only play two tournaments on grass.

Q: Were you already mentally prepared for a tiebreak in the second set?
A: Actually I wanted to avoid the tiebreak. Also before that I had tried to break him, but made to many easy mistakes. I have to improve that an work on it.

Q: Despite the errors, it seemed very determined.
A: You need to be determined on grass. You mustn’t think too much. As soon as you see the open court, you need to play aggressively and close the point at the net. If you serve well here you have a huge advantage, because you can put the opponent under pressure.

Q: Do you know more about the next opponent than about today’s?
A: Seppi. I never played him. At the beginning I will try and work him out slowly and see what he will do. I’m not sure whether he likes going to the net. He will probably play his game from the baseline and tray to serve well. So, I will have to try and use my chances like today.

Jogy
06-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Thank for interview! :)

I hope Tommy DESTROY SEPPI GOOD today!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
I hope DSF show it! :yeah:

Jogy
06-15-2006, 03:47 PM
:drink: cheers to the win of Germany in the football btw!!
*i wanted it to remain 0-0 :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes: * it would have been fair ;)
I wanted 0:0 also but not anymore when I saw our bad fucking team how they played, 0:0 not fair then anymore. I'm so pissed at them for not playing better and shooting on the goal, they sucked. Don't deserve even 0:0. Our idiot asshole coach with the strategy to hold 0:0 all the time when you have zero points in group after first match :mad: :rolleyes:

<Eve>
06-15-2006, 05:51 PM
thanks for the interview alexia!!!

tommy won!!!!!!!!!!! easily!!!!!

6-1 6-2 !!! :woohoo: :woohoo: isn't that a nice gift for your birthday already alexia!? ;)

<Eve>
06-15-2006, 05:54 PM
now tommy has to play against robin soderling int he QF! H2H = 2-1 for tommy! :D

Neely
06-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Very easy match!!! :D :yeah:

06-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Yes Tommy is playing well again :) And seems to feel much better thankfully :angel: The only problem is Tommy is playing well and we can't vBet on him :fiery:

bavaria100
06-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Tommy played excellent tennis today! :yeah: I hope that he can play that well throughout the tournament.

yumo
06-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Tommy Haas cruises to quick win over Seppi
15 June 2006

“It went really well. I am satisfied with my performance” summarised Tommy Haas (pictured) positively, considering also that “it’s very difficult to be back on grass again after a year”. But the German Davis Cup player felt increasingly comfortable on the surface. “He didn’t like the slice so much”, he said, with a smile on his face, of the match against Andreas Seppi.

Tommy Haas is already preparing for his next opponent, Robin Soderling (Sweden). That will without doubt be a much harder proposition, as the Hamburg-born Haas knows all too well: “The match against Robin will be a real test. He has a great serve and he is powerful from the base line. It’s going to be very difficult,” predicted Tommy Haas, without, however, losing faith in his own strengths. “I would like to face Roger Federer in the semi-final!,” he exclaimed.

atheneglaukopis
06-15-2006, 11:58 PM
No DENIAL today! :yeah:, Tommy.

supertommyhaas
06-16-2006, 03:22 AM
Auf geht's Tommy. Also that poster that uses the name 'supertommyhaas' has another thread in GM knocking Tommy. I told the poster I thought a name change was needed among other things :lol: The things you find in GM :eek: :ras: Also what is the point of having vCash if you can't vBet? I mean it's not like you can go and spend vCash in a store. Don't I wish :rolleyes:

I was not totally knocking him! I just think he has the talent to be playing better in the bigger tournaments. Just a little frustrated thats all. I was at all his games at the AO and I had really high hopes that he would be in the top10 by the end of the year!! Who knows maybe Tommy will still be in the top 10 by the years end!!

06-16-2006, 05:08 AM
I was not totally knocking him! I just think he has the talent to be playing better in the bigger tournaments. Just a little frustrated thats all. I was at all his games at the AO and I had really high hopes that he would be in the top10 by the end of the year!! Who knows maybe Tommy will still be in the top 10 by the years end!!
Your thread in GM sure seemed like you were knocking Tommy to me. Yes we all get a little frustrated because of Tommy's health problems which hurt his tennis. I know I have been frustrated myself, but I kept my frustration in this Forum. I did not take my frustration to GM. And we all wanted him to be in the Top Ten by the end of this year. I agree if his health would only hold up he still could end the year in the Top Ten :) But who knows if his health will hold up :shrug:

atheneglaukopis
06-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Very nicely done, Tommy, and thank you for not stressing me out like a certain Roger Federer today. Tomorrow should be good.

06-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Congrats to Tommy on his win :) I think Tommy is definitely feeling better now :yippee: I know grass isn't his best surface as he said he only plays two grass court Tournaments a year. But he is doing well now and the most important thing to me is his health :)

TommyB.
06-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Bravo Hasi! :D

I´m very happy that he´s playing the semifinal again. And now Federer once more...do your best Tommy!!

Jogy
06-16-2006, 06:21 PM
INCREDIBLE WIN OVER SODERLING!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana:

YEAH TOMMY!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :woohoo:

And now SLAP Federer from RIGHT and LEFT!!!!! :crazy: :devil: :devil: :devil:

tom&ni
06-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Well, here we go again... second in a row! Rogie's gonna have a hard time, my friend... :aplot: I can tell you that far... auf geht's Liebe!! :kiss: C'mon love!!! ;)

06-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Well I got the thread title corrected it is the semi-final! I wish he weren't playing Federer or if he had to play Federer it would have been in the Final. But at least Tommy defended his points from Halle 2005. So Auf geht's Tommy :)

bavaria100
06-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Another great win for Tommy! He's been on fire so far this week! :bounce: So, his next opponent is Federer. I think this is his best chance to finally get a win against Roger. I watched Federer's matches this week and he didn't play well, he only escaped by the skin of his teeth. Of course Tommy will have to play exceptionally well, but I think that he can do it if he stays focused.

enqvistfan
06-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Good luck for the semis :bounce:

Alexiana
06-16-2006, 10:46 PM
TOMMY :bigclap: That's your chance. Don't let him get the record :cool:

FIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alexiana
06-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Freitag, 16.06.2006

Q: That was a pretty quick win?
HAAS: Yes, in a way, sure.

Q: Are you happy with the way you are playing?
HAAS: Yes, I think my serve was really good again today. That’s important if you’re playing on a quicker surface. It makes it easier when you have easy good service games, it put more pressure on the opponent. And I think I did it well today by getting a lot of first serves back from him, that were quite quick. That maybe helped to get his first serve percentage down a little bit. And I could jump on that opportunity quite well, took a big lead in the second set, list a little of concentration there in the end of the second set, but was glad to finish it off.

Q: You seemed to have rediscovered a lot of the confidence you had in the first few weeks of this year. Is that the move back onto grass?
HAAS: Yes, in a way. It’s a bit more my style of tennis when you have quicker points or when you know, when you hit a big shot it’s not going to come back as easy as maybe on clay. But I had a little bit of bad luck and things that happened in the clay court season, that didn’t go my way. That’s part of it; you have some weeks or months where it just doesn’t go your way. And you have to dig yourself out of the whole. But now I enjoy being here in Halle. It’s always a great event and I seem to always play pretty good tennis in the last many years I have come here.

Q: And as a grass court challenge, the next one seems even bigger.
HAAS: Yes, it seems as if the guy can’t lose. It doesn’t matter how much he is behind. It’s quite phenomenal. I watched the match against Olivier Rochus, who played unbelievable and still came out short which is kind of sad in a way. But I think in the back of his mind, even though Roger denies it, he is thinking a little bit of the grass court wins he has got. And he will prove again tomorrow that he’s trying to defend his title here and will do the same thing next week. It will be tough, but I’m going to focus on my game, try to play big and aggressive. Last year was quite a good battle. Hopefully this one will be one again.

Q: You talked about your serve and how happy you are with that. How happy are you with the rest of your game?
HAAS: I was pretty happy today, also with the way I returned, read the ball. I moved better today than the first couple of matches. Overall, I’m pretty happy. Obviously tomorrow we will see where I’m at really and go from there.

yumo
06-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Tommy Haas to face the ‘unbeatable’ Roger Federer after defeating Robin Soederling of Sweden
16 June 2006

Tommy Haas is in the right sort of form, in view of Wimbledon and the impending big match against the man who has won his last 39 games on grass. “It will be a dream semi-final,” said Haas, who promises to “play aggressively”. Probably precisely the way he did in the quarter-final against Robin Soederling. The German went on the attack, pushed to the net and played assured volleys, but his most important weapon was his serve. “It was good again today and that is very important on grass,” said Haas. Winning games easily on your serve puts the opponent under pressure, and Soederling was unable to cope with this pressure at decisive moments. He is a player who relies heavily on his powerful serves and forehands, but both let him down. At 5-5 in the first set, the German placed a backhand short across his onrushing opponent to earn the first two break points, although Haas only needed the first invitation and he clinically completed the first set with an ace just minutes later.

In the second set, Haas once again took advantage of Soederling’s service problems and broke the Swede’s serve without losing a point to take a 2-1 lead with a further break following to make it 4-1. Losing his own serve at 5-3 didn’t particularly hurt as the Hamburg-born Haas took his first match point after one hour and 12 minutes. “I just have more self-confidence and a quick surface like grass is perfect for my game,” analysed Haas. He is looking forward to the clash with Federer, who played “an inhuman game” against Rochus. Haas admitted to being surprised by Federer’s tactic of playing so much from the base line. “I am looking forward to seeing if he sticks to that against me,” he said. Although the joy of playing such a big game is big, Haas does have some regrets: “Maybe it would have been better to be in the lower half of the draw,” he joked. That would have meant he would only meet Federer in the final.
Second German player Florian Mayer lost to newcomer Kristof Vliegen from Belgium with 3:6, 7:6(5), 4:6. Vliegen now meets Tomas Berdych in the semi-final. (picture: pmk)

06-17-2006, 05:19 AM
Thanks Alexiana for the interview :) And thank you yumo for the article :) I will tell you what I'm going to do. If Tommy defeats Federer, I will put up the German Flag in honor of Tommy and the victory :)

Neely
06-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Great match yesterday against Söderling! :yeah:
And good luck today against Federer! ;) :clap2:
(:angel: if it helps... :shrug: )

bavaria100
06-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Tommy lost 4-6, 7-6, 3-6! :sad: He didn't even play near his best, but still had his chances to win. He made far too many unforced errors and missed many second serve returns.

Neely
06-17-2006, 11:50 AM
it's already over! damn it! :banghead:
but a good tournament nevertheless ;)

<Eve>
06-17-2006, 12:13 PM
:sad: too bad!!!!

does anyone know if tommy will play another tournament next week???

TommyB.
06-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Poor Tommy! :sad:

His performance wasn´t bad today. Tommy fought but without any big chances to win the match altogether. I´m optimistic for the next weeks nevertheless. He played some good matches here on grass.

Come on! :)

TommyB.
06-17-2006, 12:33 PM
:sad: too bad!!!!

does anyone know if tommy will play another tournament next week???

Tommy plays the Boodles Challenge probably.

http://www.theboodles.com/flash/index.htm

<Eve>
06-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Tommy plays the Boodles Challenge probably.

http://www.theboodles.com/flash/index.htmthanks!! i was still hoping he would be playing at the ordina open in holland... :( but there's not a chance he will be there i guess... :shrug:

TommyB.
06-17-2006, 03:52 PM
thanks!! i was still hoping he would be playing at the ordina open in holland... :( but there's not a chance he will be there i guess... :shrug:

You are going to the Ordina Open?

I would say it´s better that Tommy plays this Challenge to prepare for Wimbledon. :shrug:

<Eve>
06-17-2006, 05:14 PM
You are going to the Ordina Open?

I would say it´s better that Tommy plays this Challenge to prepare for Wimbledon. :shrug:I was only going if Tommy would be there.. but as he won't be there, i won't go... :devil:

yumo
06-18-2006, 01:21 AM
Samstag, 17.06.2006

Q: Yesterday you said he didn’t seem able to lose and he proved that.
HAAS: Yes, thank you very much for reminding me.

Q. Or was it something in your mind that he is just so unbeatable that helped make the difference.
HAAS: I don’t know. I just went out there, trying to play my game. I got a stupid break in the second service game of mine. Overall I played pretty well. Maybe I didn’t serve as well as I wanted, but I hung in there. It was pretty similar to last year’s match until we got to the tiebreak. I played a solid tiebreak to get into a third set. I had a break opportunity early. Then I get a foot fault call. I don’t know how that is possible to be honest. Then I make a double fault and he hits two unbelievable shots in a row. Next thing I know it was 0:40 and I was under pressure and he breaks me. And then you are running behind after such a big momentum change. That hurts. You get frustrated and you start to think.

Q: So how does anyone beat him on grass?
HAAS: We’ll see. It’s going to happen eventually.

Q: After the tiebreak which you won, you actually could have gone into the third full of confidence, but still …
HAAS: Actually that was the case. I think he was a bit frustrated at 4:4 and 5:5 that he couldn’t use his chances. I served really well each time and fended it off. I played a good tiebreak. That was very important. Then the momentum was on my side. I had an early break point but just wanted too much and missed. That doesn’t really help. Then I played a few good shots, get the foot fault call, doublefault and he plays two unbelievable points. You have to give him credit. Then I was under pressure, get the Break and am behind although the momentum had been in my favour before. But that’s how quick it can go in tennis or in sports. It’s frustrating. I had another break chance, but missed again. You can’t win against the No. 1 player playing like that. But all in all I’m satisfied with my game, but unfortunately it wasn’t enough.

Q: Your last victory was four years ago. Do you doubt whether you will ever succeed to beat him again?
HAAS: Actually I always look forward to playing him. We played four matches this year and I’m sure there will be other opportunities. We’ll see. I will not give up and will keep trying my best to beat him.

Q: You were cautious before this week because you were not sure about your game and what you could achieve. Are you surprised?
HAAS: I definitely got better with every match and am satisfied with the week. So, I can go to Wimbledon feeling positive. It’s a shame that I met Roger again in the semis. I would really love to play the finals here in Halle and it’s not getting any easier with each year. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out, but that’s bad luck for me.

yumo
06-18-2006, 01:21 AM
Even Tommy Haas cannot stop grass-court king Roger Federer
17 June 2006

6-4, 7-6 (11) was the score last year when Roger Federer and Tommy Haas met in the semi-finals and it was almost a case of déjà vu as, after losing the first set 6-4, Haas was able to force the tiebreak in the second set.
However, Federer threw away chance after chance to finish the match off early with Tommy Haas successfully defending ten break points to keep himself in the tiebreak. While Federer was visibly annoyed with himself, the Hamburg-born Haas was able to take advantage and decide the tiebreak with a score of 7-4 to claim the second set.

The third set started equally well for the German, who had an immediate opportunity to break serve but he failed and Federer promptly broke his. A foot-fault on his very first serve knocked Haas out of his rhythm, and the world number one needed no invitation to take his chance and he never gave away his advantage to complete a 6-4, 6-7(4), 6-3 triumph in two hours and 16 minutes.

“After the foot-fault, I committed a double-fault and then, with two excellent points, Roger had broken my serve at a time when I was mentally more focused than he was,” said a bemused Tommy Haas after the match, unable to understand how the match was taken from him. Not only would he have loved to have beaten Roger Federer at the GERRY WEBER OPEN for the first time in four years; he would also have loved to reach the final of a grass-court tournament in Germany. “I can generally be happy with my performance. I improved game on game and now travel well-prepared to Wimbledon,” explained Haas.

Roger Federer admitted to being a little physically and mentally tired after the long sand-court season recently concluded with the French Open and the tough games in Halle following immediately afterwards. “Therefore, to reach the final of the GERRY WEBER OPEN is an incredible success,” he beamed. Now he wants to go one step further and win a tournament four times in a row for the first time in his career, and in doing so, equal the record of the legendary Bjorn Borg of winning 41 consecutive matches on grass. (Picture: pmk)

06-18-2006, 02:34 AM
Tommy lost 4-6, 7-6, 3-6! :sad: He didn't even play near his best, but still had his chances to win. He made far too many unforced errors and missed many second serve returns.
Oh course, I couldn't see the Match; but just from the remarks being made in the scoring thread I didn't feel that Tommy was having a good day :sad: And to have the chance to beat Roger you need a really good day :eek: However, I don't know if anyone else feels this way or not, but I think Roger is slipping. It may just be a slow short slip, but still slipping. Players are now winning sets off Roger that wouldn't have gotten a set off him in the past IMO. It's just that so far no player other than Rafa has been able to take advantage of Roger and beat him. But if this continues a player-- I don't know who-- is going to beat Roger other than just Rafa. Well that is my prediction anyway we will see how it goes :shrug:

Jogy
06-18-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm pissed he loses to Federer again :fiery:

but at least in semifinal and overall good tournament :yeah:

nordik
06-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh course, I couldn't see the Match; but just from the remarks being made in the scoring thread I didn't feel that Tommy was having a good day :sad: And to have the chance to beat Roger you need a really good day :eek: However, I don't know if anyone else feels this way or not, but I think Roger is slipping. It may just be a slow short slip, but still slipping. Players are now winning sets off Roger that wouldn't have gotten a set off him in the past IMO. It's just that so far no player other than Rafa has been able to take advantage of Roger and beat him. But if this continues a player-- I don't know who-- is going to beat Roger other than just Rafa. Well that is my prediction anyway we will see how it goes :shrug:

First, thanks to everyone who game me a warm welcome !!! :D :worship:

i saw the match on tv, and, Tommy played well, he has had great balls, but unfortunately, Roger was better, but Tommy had really his chances to win the matche... i watched the match with my hubby, and we had the same thought : Tommy can play very well on grass court, so he can hope to go far in Wimbledon....

06-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Well it seems like something always happen to Tommy at Wimbledon.
Last year he stepped on a tennis ball :eek: So we can take nothing for granted about Tommy at Wimbledon :sad:

<Eve>
06-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Well it seems like something always happen to Tommy at Wimbledon.
Last year he stepped on a tennis ball :eek: So we can take nothing for granted about Tommy at Wimbledon :sad: :lol: yeah but that can happen to anyone! maybe if we jinx fed enough, he'll step on a bill this year :p ;)

Alexiana
06-21-2006, 01:07 PM
:lol: yeah but that can happen to anyone! maybe if we jinx fed enough, he'll step on a bill this year :p ;)

I don't wish this to anyone, even not Federer :rolleyes: ok, maybe a little ;)

mays
06-21-2006, 01:42 PM
u guys are mean :( i want feds to win

<Eve>
06-21-2006, 05:09 PM
u guys are mean :( i want feds to win then you have to go to the fed forum.. this is tommy's.. so we want tommy to win :shrug:

Alexiana
06-21-2006, 08:49 PM
u guys are mean :( i want feds to win

Sorry, but I don't :)

CarstenL01
06-21-2006, 09:13 PM
then you have to go to the fed forum.. this is tommy's.. so we want tommy to win :shrug:

nicely said :lol: :worship:

GO TOMMY TAKE THE TITLE :bigclap: :drive: :banana: :toothy:

06-22-2006, 02:04 AM
then you have to go to the fed forum.. this is tommy's.. so we want tommy to win :shrug:
I have missed you Tommy Girl. You are very good with the quick reply :D

Alexiana
06-22-2006, 08:28 AM
nicely said :lol: :worship:

GO TOMMY TAKE THE TITLE :bigclap: :drive: :banana: :toothy:

:woohoo: We count on you :) (too much pressure?) ;)

mays
06-22-2006, 06:14 PM
:) hehehe yeah i know!! ill keep my mouth shut then :) GO TOMMMY!!

06-22-2006, 06:34 PM
:) hehehe yeah i know!! ill keep my mouth shut then :) GO TOMMMY!!
Now that is what we like to hear in Tommy's Forum :yeah:

Alexiana
06-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Now that is what we like to hear in Tommy's Forum :yeah:

:lol: especially when it's about Federer, other players-talk is welcomed ;)

06-23-2006, 03:59 PM
:lol: especially when it's about Federer, other players-talk is welcomed ;)
Well I can't honestly say that Federer is one of my favorite players, but he has helped me to get vCash so I'll give him credit for that :p

Alexiana
06-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Well I can't honestly say that Federer is one of my favorite players, but he has helped me to get vCash so I'll give him credit for that :p

There was a time when he was one of my faves, but now he just goes on my nerves and I'm more in the Rafa section :cool:

06-23-2006, 04:42 PM
There was a time when he was one of my faves, but now he just goes on my nerves and I'm more in the Rafa section :cool:
Ever since I finally got over those pants that Rafa wears when he plays tennis I have been in the Rafa section myself :D I never really was a fan of Roger's :( But as I said he has won me some vCash ;) But then, of course, both Tommy and Rafa have also won me vCash so I don't guess I have to give Roger too much credit even in the vCash department :p

Alexiana
06-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Ever since I finally got over those pants that Rafa wears when he plays tennis I have been in the Rafa section myself :D I never really was a fan of Roger's :( But as I said he has won me some vCash ;) But then, of course, both Tommy and Rafa have also won me vCash so I don't guess I have to give Roger too much credit even in the vCash department :p

no you don't have to ;) He has enough fans, that cheer every move he makes ;)

06-23-2006, 05:02 PM
no you don't have to ;) He has enough fans, that cheer every move he makes ;)
Well I don't think he is all that popular in the U.S. I mean the tennis fans have to credit him for being #1 in the World, but I'm sure most of them want to see someone beat him ;)

Alexiana
06-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Well I don't think he is all that popular in the U.S. I mean the tennis fans have to credit him for being #1 in the World, but I'm sure most of them want to see someone beat him ;)

I would love that ;)

06-23-2006, 07:21 PM
I would love that ;)
Me too :devil: