My guide to Wimbledon [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

My guide to Wimbledon

billystar
06-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi everyone, I am a Wimbledon resident who is running a small blog about the 2006 tennis championship.

Unofficial Guide (http://www.2006wimbledontennis.com)

I am focusing not only on the tennis but Wimbledon which is a great part of London for those of you who haven't been.

Any comments/thoughts are welcome!

thanks, Will

Fee
06-02-2006, 03:04 AM
Sounds good Will, but I'm going to ask that your thread is moved to the Wimbledon tournament forum. It might get lost here in the chaos of GM. :)

Looking forward to your reports.

Deboogle!.
06-02-2006, 04:16 AM
Wow, that site looks fantastic! thank you for sharing it, I will keep the link and look forward to updates and stuff :)

very nice job :yeah:

Clara Bow
06-02-2006, 04:50 AM
Wonderful site Will. I will be going to Wimbledon in 2007 and will be sure to keep this link. I want to make sure to stop by odd bins before I queue up. ;)

billystar
06-02-2006, 04:20 PM
thanks for the kind words!

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it this year having been away for the last two. I do enjoy tennis, but it's the atmosphere that is so great. Wimbledon Village is one of the nicest areas of London and so many visitors don't seem to be aware of it!

You can stand shoulder to shoulder with most of the players over a pint or two! :)

I am going to try and transmit the real feel of the fortnight mostly through imagery so please do all check back.

If anyone is wondering the google ads on the site will hopefully pay my expenses and for a few beers, the main reason I am doing it is to have a go at blogging. There are a few blogs around that are really interesting as they are about something that people know a lot about. Hopefully over the coming weeks I can make this one!

Oh and don't be shy about posting comments on the blog as the fortnight goes on!

See you around, Will

adee-gee
06-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Can I park my car at yours? :p

adee-gee
06-02-2006, 10:11 PM
I will be going to Wimbledon in 2007
:banana:

*makes a note in his diary* ;)

Deboogle!.
06-03-2006, 01:36 AM
Glad to see this got moved to the Wimby forum so it won't get lost :) Will, you live in the Wimbledon area I assume? watch out b/c there are already some players there, might have a good chance of seeing them out and about now before the real stampede :) thanks again for your good work!

almouchie
06-04-2006, 03:45 PM
great link, I saved it
looking forward to wimby despite the Wc footy season
If there is one GS i want to attend, it would have to be wimby
I sm looking forward to ur pics, & blogs as well
goos luck