'Sempre Sopot Thread' - is anyone going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

'Sempre Sopot Thread' - is anyone going?

Nathaliia
05-31-2006, 08:37 AM
I felt the fresh sea's breeze while reading posts about Bastad and Umag the beautiful tournaments, and thought it can be the moment to ask if any of Polish (or maybe even foreign) posters are heading off to Sopot :cool:

No JMG, this thread is not going to be 50 pages long :lol:

The funniest thing about Sopot tournament is that the average age of winners is 19.
2001 - Robredo - 19 (first won title)
2002 - Acasuso - 19 (first won title)
2003 - Coria - 21 (eh, exception)
2004 - Nadal - 18 (first won title)
2005 - Monfils - 18 (first won title)

All the players won in their tournament's debut. In years 2001-2004 finals were played only between Spaniards and Argentines.

Who's the next teen to win - JMDP, Korolev, Chardy?

pkubik
06-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Nathi masz jakies info odnosnie przedturniejowej konferecji prasowej? Mysle, ze juz czas...

*Ljubica*
06-13-2006, 07:07 PM
You never know Nathii - I may still be there ;)

Nathaliia
06-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Nathi masz jakies info odnosnie przedturniejowej konferecji prasowej? Mysle, ze juz czas...
I'm not gonna work there. 1. It's a holiday time and 2. due to uni and some ...ehhh 'September campaign' :bolt: I cannot be so sure I'll be in Sopot........ that's just a hope

You know they always put to the last moment, I'm sure they haven't assigned contracts with players yet :rolleyes: However I was once asked to write some stuff for a tournament's folder before it begins...

Nathaliia
06-14-2006, 09:20 AM
You never know Nathii - I may still be there ;)
Would be cool :cool: You could see then it's more filled with VIPs than Wimbledon :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Would be cool :cool: You could see then it's more filled with VIPs than Wimbledon :lol:
:lol: Then guess I had better twist a few arms and become a VIP too :angel: I will wait for the Entry List and then finally decide. So far I am definately going to Stuttgart in the Summer and one other - just not 100% which the other will be yet!

takuma
06-14-2006, 01:25 PM
What if I say Gaston Gaudio is 99% sure to come?...[I leave 1% in order not to jinx it;)]
:wavey:

Nathaliia
06-14-2006, 05:39 PM
:lol: Then guess I had better twist a few arms and become a VIP too :angel: I will wait for the Entry List and then finally decide. So far I am definately going to Stuttgart in the Summer and one other - just not 100% which the other will be yet!
I thought you were going to Umag with Michelle. Though Umag doesn't have a strong list this year :shrug: Yeah let's wait for an entry list. I am not sure still if I'm coming but Kasia is already booking a room for her and me...

All would depend on my mood and health for sure, but I love Sopot and I'd love to be there :p I'd hate to know someone else is a new dancing queen :ignore:

Nathaliia
06-14-2006, 05:40 PM
What if I say Gaston Gaudio is 99% sure to come?...[I leave 1% in order not to jinx it;)]
:wavey:
Last year his manager was assuring us about this... Would be cool if he came ... but anyway the title will belong to one of: Djokovic / JMDP / Korolev :p Old guys don't win here.

takuma
06-14-2006, 06:09 PM
This year his coach confirmed it, so if nothing unexpected happens, he should come! Winning or not, it's always ~heart-attack experience to watch Gato play... :cool: And it's another great thing about Sopot:rookies grabbing their first atp titles there..but lets wait for the 2006 entry list to say sth more..

Nathaliia
06-14-2006, 06:15 PM
The most amusing things about rookies in the final is having 'TV experts' confused who see the faces of finalists for the first time :p And they think it will not attract enough attention :haha:

Hmm, last year I missed seeing Gaudio even walking around the courts (he withdrew in the last moment) but I'd be happy to see him oncourt this year :devil: Takuma are you a Gaudio fan (I guess so!)?

takuma
06-14-2006, 06:34 PM
I can't deny it! :D Really hope to see him there..last year I missed him too, he came only to the press conference to announce his withdrawal..classy. But I like those fresh talented youngsters beating up the 'goldies'..Personally'd like to see Diego Hartfield in Sopot, small chance to c the canadian Dancevic-as he'll most probably chose North American events...Getting itchy to see the players list..

*Ljubica*
06-14-2006, 08:04 PM
I thought you were going to Umag with Michelle. Though Umag doesn't have a strong list this year :shrug: Yeah let's wait for an entry list. I am not sure still if I'm coming but Kasia is already booking a room for her and me...

All would depend on my mood and health for sure, but I love Sopot and I'd love to be there :p I'd hate to know someone else is a new dancing queen :ignore:
Nothing is definate. We discussed it but only in very vague terms - I think it may be hard for her because of the timing of it :shrug: I'll keep you informed.

Nathaliia
06-15-2006, 09:30 AM
I can't deny it! :D Really hope to see him there..last year I missed him too, he came only to the press conference to announce his withdrawal..classy. But I like those fresh talented youngsters beating up the 'goldies'..Personally'd like to see Diego Hartfield in Sopot, small chance to c the canadian Dancevic-as he'll most probably chose North American events...Getting itchy to see the players list..
Yeap no chances for Dancevic, that's for sure. Don't know what about artfield but I doubt he'll come to play quallies as well. I think if you want to see him, it'd be more possible to go to Poznań or Szczecin challengers. Quallies last year were very weak, this year going to be stronger perhaps as players will get more encouraged to get into MD.

Nathaliia
06-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Nothing is definate. We discussed it but only in very vague terms - I think it may be hard for her because of the timing of it :shrug: I'll keep you informed.
You said you were coming to Stuttgart - and what about Bastad? Damn, and Umag is at the time of Kitz :shrug: So big deal, isn't it? :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-15-2006, 07:36 PM
You said you were coming to Stuttgart - and what about Bastad? Damn, and Umag is at the time of Kitz :shrug: So big deal, isn't it? :lol:
Stuttgart is my only definate - a friend of mine is coming over from the States for one week - she doesn't want to go to the tournament alone so I have to go there!! Btw - I posted a link to an artixle in Juaa Martin's Forum that might interest you..................it says he is coming to Sopot :)

Nathaliia
06-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Stuttgart is my only definate - a friend of mine is coming over from the States for one week - she doesn't want to go to the tournament alone so I have to go there!! Btw - I posted a link to an artixle in Juaa Martin's Forum that might interest you..................it says he is coming to Sopot :)
That place has waited for him for three years with a hope to come for quallies, so this is so nice to hear he's got it in plans finally :)
Of course I didn't understand the article hmm but I think I need some Spanish lessons :help:

That's a good excuse for going to the tournament by the way - "She doesn't want to go alone, so I have to go there". :p

Nathaliia
06-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Oh and something that might be necessary for everybody coming to Sopot - prices of tickets :devil: - from last year and I think 2 and 3 years ago it was the same:

Central Court
Monday - Wednesday: normal 20 PLN (5 Euro); students (you should just look student-like... nobody checks the identity cards) 15 PLN (4 Euro)
Thursday: normal 30 PLN (7 Euro); students 25 PLN (6 Euro)
Friday: 70 PLN (17.5 Euro)
Saturday: 80 PLN (20 Euro)
Sunday: 100 PLN (25 Euro)

Court 1 & 2 (you enter both with one ticket)
Monday - Wednesday: normal 15 PLN (4 Euro), students 10 PLN (2.5 Euro)
Thursday: normal 25 PLN (6 Euro), students 20 PLN (4 Euro)

Court 3, practise courts and quallies during Saturday and Sunday are for free.

*Ljubica*
06-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Oh and something that might be necessary for everybody coming to Sopot - prices of tickets :devil: - from last year and I think 2 and 3 years ago it was the same:

Central Court
Monday - Wednesday: normal 20 PLN (5 Euro); students (you should just look student-like... nobody checks the identity cards) 15 PLN (4 Euro)
Thursday: normal 30 PLN (7 Euro); students 25 PLN (6 Euro)
Friday: 70 PLN (17.5 Euro)
Saturday: 80 PLN (20 Euro)
Sunday: 100 PLN (25 Euro)

Court 1 & 2 (you enter both with one ticket)
Monday - Wednesday: normal 15 PLN (4 Euro), students 10 PLN (2.5 Euro)
Thursday: normal 25 PLN (6 Euro), students 20 PLN (4 Euro)

Court 3, practise courts and quallies during Saturday and Sunday are for free.
5 euro :eek: For a whole day....:unsure: Wow - that is so cheap!!!!! :bounce:

And if I get a chance I'l try to translate the article, but it won't be for a few days.

pkubik
06-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Rosie one beer costs about 1 euro everywhere :haha: thats Sopot, Poland ;)

*Ljubica*
06-17-2006, 09:53 AM
I don't drink beer - but guess that means a vodka and tonic is pretty cheap too then? :)

Nathaliia
06-17-2006, 06:42 PM
2.5 euro = full big (!) glass of vodka with Cola in the best disco :p (I'm considered to have a strong head, four of such is really enough for the whole night of dancing :lol: - to not get very drunk and be conscious about what's happening around... because they don't cheat on vodka there)

good fashionable big drink can go for 4 Euro there.

Nathaliia
06-17-2006, 06:43 PM
If bought in markets, can go for 0.5 euro though :help: Baccardi Breezer is 1.5 Euro.

*Ljubica*
06-17-2006, 06:59 PM
2.5 euro = full big (!) glass of vodka with Cola in the best disco :p (I'm considered to have a strong head, four of such is really enough for the whole night of dancing :lol: - to not get very drunk and be conscious about what's happening around... because they don't cheat on vodka there)

good fashionable big drink can go for 4 Euro there.
:yeah: Sounds good to me :)

Nathaliia
06-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Entry list comes out today...... :bolt: I can wait only till 18.00 - hopefully it will be known by then

takuma
06-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Any news about the entry list?Anybody...?

Nathaliia
06-19-2006, 07:41 PM
I think it is published tomorrow. Those ATP lists are coming out these weeks on Tuesday :rolleyes: I remember last year I got it on Monday already :shout:

takuma
06-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Thx!& a special message to ATP:suspense-building's good in novels, nt in tennis..esp not when it comes to Sopot EL...;)

Nathaliia
06-19-2006, 07:56 PM
We can make some predictions looking at Umag list :) But I think we're gonna have someone from top ten though :shrug:

takuma
06-20-2006, 03:04 PM
still nthg... :tennis:

*Ljubica*
06-20-2006, 05:32 PM
still nthg... :tennis:
Normally the Entry Lists appear on steveg's site at about 8.30pm British time on a Tuesday - which is about 2 hours from now. So - hopefully not long for you to wait :)

takuma
06-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Thx! [I feel like this donkey in Shrek2 asking all the time: "Are we there yet?Are we there...?"]
;)

*Ljubica*
06-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Thx! [I feel like this donkey in Shrek2 asking all the time: "Are we there yet?Are we there...?"]
;)
:haha: I love Shrek :) I hope you find out tonight - I have to go to a party tonight for England v Sweden World Cup match (I hate football but it's a neighbours' thing and everyone has to go!) - so I'll find out tomorrow! :wavey:

takuma
06-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Thanx again,I'll check Steve's site later on..Have a good time&a great partay! :wavey:
[Shrek rules!]

kataanna
06-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Rosie, I'd love you to come... the more mtfers the better ;) Yup, the drinks are excellent, the music even better, and the people are the best :p Yeah, I know I'm being 'modest' but Sopot is the best tourney in the world :yeah:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Rosie, I'd love you to come... the more mtfers the better ;) Yup, the drinks are excellent, the music even better, and the people are the best :p Yeah, I know I'm being 'modest' but Sopot is the best tourney in the world :yeah:
Thanks :hug: The Entry List looks good - Gaudio, Calleri, Robredo :inlove: It all depends on work as I am looking for a new job at the moment, and that should start in August :unsure: - but I will try my best - if only for a couple of days!

kataanna
06-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Good luck then - both in finding a job and coming to Sopot :)

pkubik
06-22-2006, 01:41 PM
W czwartek (29 czerwca) o godzinie 14.30 w sali "Bałtyk" na III
piętrze w hotelu "Marriott" w Warszawie (Al. Jerozolimskie 65/79)
odbędzie się konferencja prasowa przed turniejem tenisistów z
cyklu ATP Tour - Orange Prokom Open, który zostanie rozegrany w
Sopocie w dniach 31 lipca - 6 sierpnia.

Nathaliia
06-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Kasia I hate to tell you this, but please try to search for someone who could eventually take my place in the flat that you have booked. If I go, we can live in three, like last year, but because of the reason I told you on the phone it is equally possible I will not go. I think I'll be unsure till the last moment and it's better to have something safe prepared.

kataanna
06-23-2006, 12:51 PM
I won't find anybody else :( Because all the ppl have friends in Sopot or Trójmiasto... So I can only hope you will come. Plus, the seaside air is good, take that into consideration :)

Nathaliia
06-23-2006, 02:05 PM
Especially in Copacabana between 23.00 and 2.00 (or when was that train to Reda leaving lol).

That's a good argument about the fresh sea air and I might use it while talking to my parents. If it doesn't work, I can give you the whole money you gave as a forepay (spelling...:p).

kataanna
06-23-2006, 02:21 PM
It's not about money... well it is to some point :P But it's about me having a place to sleep and you coming to the tournament :P I mean... fuck Dawydienko, Calleri or whomever, you are the star of the tourney :P
You can tell your parents I'll watch you and won't let you drink or dance too much... I can even lock you in the room like Orsa did to Chucho :P

Btw. I just got the photos from Sopot and Wroclaw and my photo with P. Kohlschreiber is amazing :D

Nathaliia
06-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Ask Swider if you can live with him. Haha. Me - jokey.
I didn't know you were so eager to fkkk Davydenko, I'd more think about you and Calleri.

Nathaliia
06-23-2006, 02:26 PM
you are the star of the tourney :P

I've had enough of ballkids asking me for autographs. I think in Katowice I gave more autographs than Mikki Ryderstedt :help:

kataanna
06-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Some of my new (and old) photos. Some from Sopot and some from Wroclaw and some of a photo shoot :rolleyes:
VARIOUS PHOTOS (http://kataanna.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album03)

Nathaliia
06-23-2006, 06:40 PM
funny :D lol at the picture of Vanek, it is sure he'll appear in Sopot this year too :p Bad that Tommy won't :sad:

dudi_fan
07-08-2006, 12:32 AM
DANcevic is playin the tournaments OVER here in NOrth AMERica this summer!!!!

dudi_fan
07-08-2006, 12:33 AM
wat is this thread about???

SenD
07-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Hopefully I'll try to be there, Zib is playing through qualies, but since 23 July I'll have my vacations and will be there on 4 August, so where the quarters finishes(Tomas will be there). Will try to buy some tickets before my leaving, so cross your fingers for it :).

Greets

SenD

kataanna
07-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Just wanted to tell you that the tournament, together with UNICEF will carry out the charity action during the tournament. Around the courts and on the Monte Cassino Heroes' Avenue there will be infomation points where you will have an opportunity to buy UNICEF staff or just donate to the charity. This will last for the whole tournament and after the singles final match, the winner will officialy hand the money over to the UNICEF POLSKA.

Effka
07-20-2006, 06:58 PM
the winner will officialy hand the money over to the UNICEF POLSKA.

Now I know why Chucho didn't want to come :p ;)

Nathaliia
07-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Last year it was something like this as well, don't you remember Monfils who got so excited that instead of handing the big cheque to UNICEF officials he started to thank and seriously thought it was for him?

To avoid confusion, it's not the winner's award, nothing to do with prize money but Gael was funny at that one.

Chicks you are going to have a boring tournament, with no arrival of the biggest names - Messina (umpire :p), Monfils, Chucho, JMDP and Nathaliia :angel:

Effka
07-21-2006, 10:32 PM
I lost 3/4 of my enthusiasm when i didn't see chucho on the list and then i lost the last fourth when i got a message that you're not coming. Sorry for unequal proportions.. but i guess you know how i feel :sad:

I'm trying to cheer up a bit thinking that there are gonna be some of my favorite players like you know... davydenko... robredo... mayer... yay. :p

But seriously, because of the absence of Chucho Gato needs to look out because i think that just out of the pure boredom he's going to be my this year's victim. some major stalking’s on the way.

kataanna
07-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Maybe Gaudio will be blogging from sopot ;) I can't wait for the tournament. Still sad Nathii won't come but well... odbijemy to sobie za rok :)