The "when I said 'healthy' I meant mental health too" Queens thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "when I said 'healthy' I meant mental health too" Queens thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Deboogle!.
05-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Yes, it will be. it has to be.

partygirl
05-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Damn right!

morningglory
05-30-2006, 06:34 PM
hope so! *crosses fingers*

blosson
05-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Now we're talking. Please send all the health and feel good fairies to Andy's direction as he will need them!

It's the green grass season, no more dust for Andy. :lol:

The food tents are already up in Wimbledon. The problem is they are always doing some major work over there and I saw a bunch of building work and holes in the ground. I hope they get things fixed pretty soon.

partygirl
05-30-2006, 06:48 PM
ANDY RODDICK JUST SAID HE WANTS TO STAY IN EUROPE AND PREPARE!

rather than fight jet lag both ways.
prepare & heal.
what a good start!

cobalt60
05-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Strawberries and cream-yummy. Here is to a healthy and winning grasscourt season.

Does Blu need to be green yet?

Golfnduck
05-30-2006, 07:35 PM
GO ANDY GO!!! :bigclap: I hope this grass season goes well.

Fumus
05-30-2006, 09:43 PM
I feel like Andy's tennis has been improving, and that if the injuries had not occured we would be talking about a very different year for Andy but, the best part of the year is still to come and my favorite part of the year is still to come. Grass season and the summer hc swing, so I am very optimistic for Andy, I think that his progess this year has been steady and that, he has a legitimate shot at the Wimbledon title. I just think he needs to stay healthy and win tennis matches, the results will come he's shown improvement in my eyes.

superpinkone37
05-30-2006, 09:45 PM
:awww:

MissFairy
05-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Please *prays*

williaer
05-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Um... as if (in a good way!) Andy said he was thinking about staying!!! I didn't know he could be so smart!!

Come on Andy, you love grass and we love you on the grass so lets keep these happy relationships going :D

Carito_90
05-31-2006, 03:22 AM
It HAS to be. It's not allowed to be full of stupid injuries. Nope. Never.

Come on Andy.

J. Corwin
05-31-2006, 08:04 AM
Let's smoke on grass! :smoke:

I've got the bong ready! :smoke::smoke::banana:

partygirl
05-31-2006, 12:28 PM
I've got the bong ready! :smoke::smoke::banana:

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/love025.gif

MissFairy
05-31-2006, 12:30 PM
This is from Yahoo

Roddick pins hopes on grass revival
Wed 31 May, 6:11 AM

PARIS (AFP) - The green, green grass of Queen's and Wimbledon will be a sight for Andy Roddick's sore eyes as well as a welcome resting place for his troubleseome ankle after another fruitless French Open campaign.

The American was trailing 6-4, 7-5, 1-0 in his first round clash with Spanish journeyman Alberto Martin on Tuesday when he called it quits, still hurting from the injury he picked up in Germany last week.

Now, the 23-year-old is heading for safer territory in London and another assault on a Wimbledon title which has come up short at the hands of Roger Federer in the last two finals.

"That's my surface. It's the one that I look forward to every year," said Roddick, happy to put behind him another frustrating European clay court season where the slow, heavy surfaces slam the brakes on his feared service game.

Roddick, who was a second round loser on his last two visits to Roland Garros and has never got beyond the third round in six attempts, was always destined to struggle on Tuesday having damaged ligaments in his right ankle at the World Team Cup in Dusseldorf.

"It's unfortunate because I feel like I was making progress," said the American who reached the quarter-finals on clay in Houston and in Rome in the run-up to Paris.

"It was two steps forward and two steps back. But I will be pumped up for grass."

"When I started playing tennis and turned pro, my goals were to win the US Open, be number one in the world, win Wimbledon and be part of a Davis Cup winning team. I've got a couple and come close to two others."

He was US Open winner in 2003, the same year he achieved the top ranking.

His next shot at the Davis Cup will recommence in September when the United States face Russia in Moscow in the semi-finals.

Roddick admitted that making progress in Paris was always going to be a struggle.

"Alberto is the kind of guy who is going to make you work every point which is unfortunate right now," he said.

"I didn't have much time to practice and I caught the ankle again at 5-5 in the second set. :awww: It affected the way I landed on my serve and not much else was working apart from the serve." :hug:

"It was a lost cause. I think I had been stupidly optimistic. It was never going to be 100-percent."

"I felt like it was only getting worse and I wanted to avoid something huge. If I rolled the ankle again, who knows how long I would have been out."

No American man has won the French Open since Andre Agassi in 1999 and with Roddick's demise, hopes rest with James Blake and Kevin Kim.

Blake, the eighth seed, takes on Spanish teenager Nicolas Almagro in his second round match while Kim, a lucky loser, should see his luck run out when he faces defending champion Rafael Nadal.

"It's a tough draw for James but I will be pulling for him," said Roddick.

Björki
05-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Get well soon Andy :hug:

Caren
05-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Yes it will be a healthy season, it has to be :awww:

partygirl
05-31-2006, 12:54 PM
:D "That's my surface. It's the one that I look forward to every year," said Roddick.:D
I hope he just left "Boo-ing" Paris and went to England already, if he's going to stay. Like a good boy.
Get Well. Get Happy.http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy035.gif:devil:

Golfnduck
05-31-2006, 02:32 PM
I feel like Andy's tennis has been improving, and that if the injuries had not occured we would be talking about a very different year for Andy but, the best part of the year is still to come and my favorite part of the year is still to come. Grass season and the summer hc swing, so I am very optimistic for Andy, I think that his progess this year has been steady and that, he has a legitimate shot at the Wimbledon title. I just think he needs to stay healthy and win tennis matches, the results will come he's shown improvement in my eyes.
I have to agree with you Ryan. I saw some improvements in his game yesterday. Two successful drop shot winners and a BH DTL passing shot winner. I think when he gets healthy, he'll be rolling.

MissFairy
05-31-2006, 02:47 PM
I have to agree with you Ryan. I saw some improvements in his game yesterday. Two successful drop shot winners and a BH DTL passing shot winner. I think when he gets healthy, he'll be rolling.
I love that shot. It is one of my favourite in the whole game and it's nice, no, it's REALLY great that Andy can play it more than he used to. That gets a big :yeah: from me.

nisha
05-31-2006, 02:52 PM
can sum1 tell me where i can read andys post match interview

Caren
05-31-2006, 03:07 PM
can sum1 tell me where i can read andys post match interview

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/interactive/console/mflash.html?targetLink=/multimedia/2006/INT.Roddick.Andy.30052006_EN_480x360_400Kbs.flv&tab=interviews&lang=en_FR&localisIE=false

Thats the only interview so far, its a video interview

renee_chin
05-31-2006, 05:36 PM
If all good things must come to an end, same thing applies to the bad things. It can only get better from here...hopefully...

Can't believe the RG site has posted transcript for all the other posted interviews except Andy's :( As if I need more reasons to be grumpy these days...

blosson
05-31-2006, 07:18 PM
"That's my surface. It's the one that I look forward to every year," said Roddick

Is he putting pressure on himself here? Oh dear, he better do well on grass then.

MissFairy
05-31-2006, 07:59 PM
Well he says something to that effect every year, doesn't he? I suppose he's just being honest. He obviously enjoys playing on grass. He also says something to the effect that he has a good shot at 3 out of the 4 GSs, and i think he keeps saying that despite his results sometimes saying otherwise!

Fumus
05-31-2006, 08:19 PM

Andy's game has been improving steadily, what Andy was lacking was confidence. Grass most certainly will give Andy confidence. For awhile I felt like Andy was rebounding from all those loses to Federer. After those loses he was rattled which lead to some bizarre results in the slams losing early to Johannson, Mutis, Acacsuso, Muller, Bagdadits, etc which I feel like really damaged Roddick's confidence, making him feel like he's not unbeatable anymore, it's not just the games best at their best who can beat him. This year he's been trying to find it, plain and simple everytime I think he's about to turn the corner, he has another bad loss due to injury or just lack of faith in his own game.

Winning breeds confidence, which inturn breeds more winning and more confidence...etc etc....Andy is going to win some matches in the grass season, he's going to get more confident. We will see where he can take it from there...

partygirl
05-31-2006, 11:11 PM
His BH/FH DTL are awesome on grass -yo.
oooh I can't wait.

Caren
05-31-2006, 11:27 PM
His BH/FH DTL are awesome on grass -yo.
oooh I can't wait.

i know :hearts: , i remember one from Queens last year against Philippousis(no matter how many times i try i can't spell that right :( ) and he swung his arm out to reach the ball and won the point with one hell of a BH/ DTL shot, i was like :eek: watching that, and then after he had a wee sneaky smile awww, C'MON THE GRASS!!!

Jennay
05-31-2006, 11:40 PM
:scared:

Deboogle!.
06-01-2006, 02:38 AM
yeah, his BH was surprisingly consistent yesterday and he went down the line a pleasantly surprising amount. But the defensive positioning will simply kill him on grass. I mean I think this goes without saying but he's just got to be really aggressive and that means standing on the baseline. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Andy just do it.

partygirl
06-01-2006, 02:53 AM
he's just got to be really aggressive and that means standing on the baseline. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Andy just do it.
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy036.gif already.

Golfnduck
06-01-2006, 03:23 AM
yeah, his BH was surprisingly consistent yesterday and he went down the line a pleasantly surprising amount. But the defensive positioning will simply kill him on grass. I mean I think this goes without saying but he's just got to be really aggressive and that means standing on the baseline. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Andy just do it.
His BH was good yesterday. I agree with the court positioning too, it left something to be desired. He did hit a few FH's inside the baseline, but not enough. Hopefully John will work on that.

Deboogle!.
06-01-2006, 03:45 AM
There was that one point late in the 2nd set, Andy was just smashing these shots from the FH AND BH running little Martin from side to side and then he finished it with a huge FH. I was on MSN with Amber freaking out about it being the best point I've seen him play in like 2 years, after which PMac was gushing that Andy needs to freeze that point and watch a tape of it, that's how good it was. Andy's getting it back, little by little. Yesterday, his court positioning wasn't great and obviously he had other problems that were out of his control, but I don't remember thinking "omg his shots are all landing so short" - and that is a REALLY good sign.

acoffeygirl
06-01-2006, 03:52 AM
I thought that too Deb when I got home and watched the match. Maybe it was because Martin seemed to be really far behind the baseline...so in comparison Andy didn't seem to bad. I noticed too that his shots didn't seem to be landing short. That point in the second set was just beautiful.

Fumus
06-01-2006, 05:00 AM
There was that one point late in the 2nd set, Andy was just smashing these shots from the FH AND BH running little Martin from side to side and then he finished it with a huge FH. I was on MSN with Amber freaking out about it being the best point I've seen him play in like 2 years, after which PMac was gushing that Andy needs to freeze that point and watch a tape of it, that's how good it was. Andy's getting it back, little by little. Yesterday, his court positioning wasn't great and obviously he had other problems that were out of his control, but I don't remember thinking "omg his shots are all landing so short" - and that is a REALLY good sign.

I watched that point online and it was something to be seen. Nice backhands down the line, and nice forehands deep and powerful. Andy worked the point, then smacked and inside out cross court forehand winner, which Martin just stared at and brought applause from the crowd.

Deboogle!.
06-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Too much practice making Roddick far from perfect
TENNIS

BY JAMES BECK
The Post and Courier

I've just figured out Andy Roddick's problem this year. He's having too much time to practice.

That may sound foolish, but it's probably right, because his match competition has been so limited. Of course, Roger Federer doesn't have that problem. Even if Federer loses to Rafael Nadal, it's usually in a final. There goes the extra time for practice.

Roddick can't seem to break his recent habit of early-round losses. He's at it again. Wimbledon won't start for nearly four weeks. So, Roddick has the better part of a month to agonize over his loss to Alberto Martin (who?) on Tuesday in the first round of the French Open.

This loss is a little different in that Roddick was forced to retire after losing the first two sets. The extra time off should give Roddick's sore ankle time to fully recover. If there is such a thing, this loss could turn out to be a good one for Roddick. Wimbledon is his tournament . . . and now he has plenty of time to prepare.

Grass tricky

After a recent vacation stop by the Crandon Park Tennis Center in Key Biscayne, Fla., I now understand a little better why only a select few players consistently fare well on Wimbledon's grass.

The reason why some players perform better on grass usually starts out with a big serve such as Roddick's or Pete Sampras' or someone with extraordinary hand-eye coordination such as Federer or Andre Agassi, or a simply brilliant volleyer such as Stefan Edberg, or someone as versatile, talented and quick as Bjorn Borg or Federer.

Crandon Park is a vast layout owned by Miami-Dade County. It has a wonderful stadium that can be seen worldwide each March during the Nasdaq 100, usually regarded as pro tennis' fifth major event. Other than the sprawling stadium where the 13,400 seats all are chair-backed, the complex is rather plain when compared to our own Family Circle Tennis Center.

Located just a few hundred yards from the excellent Crandon Park beaches, the complex has a world of potential. It has every type of surface imaginable, including two grass courts.

Having been exposed to grass courts only through TV viewing, I couldn't resist driving around the complex until I located the grass courts. Although numerous juniors and others were in training about the USTA training facility, the grass courts sat idly on the edge of the property.

The serve effect

Luckily, we had taken a few tennis balls and a couple of rackets with us on vacation. Although obviously not in top condition like the lawns of Wimbledon, it didn't take long to realize just how different playing on grass can be.

Balls hit down upon, such as serves, skid across the grass once they make contact with the surface, while softly hit balls have very little bounce in them. That explains perfectly why Roddick's booming serve is so difficult for everyone other than Federer to return. Or why one-dimentional players such as Roscoe Tanner and Goran Ivanisevic were able to ride their serves so well at Wimbledon.

Plus, if you can serve like Sampras, and knock off volleys with such ease, the task is further aided.

At least the volleys are usually predictable. It's just when the ball makes contact with the surface that predictability can go out the window.

With that in mind, Roddick now has some extra time to work on a serve-and-volley game. Hopefully, his ankle will heal quickly.

nisha
06-01-2006, 04:46 PM
so is andy in england or has he gone back to the us....the weather is crap here!!

acoffeygirl
06-01-2006, 04:48 PM
He is staying over there I believe. I don't think we know if he is in England yet. He needs to rest his ankle for a few days, so I guess it is ok that the weather is crap right now.

Golfnduck
06-01-2006, 09:22 PM
I wish I had that point on tape, it was a GREAT point :worship:

Carito_90
06-02-2006, 02:59 AM
Alberto Martin (who?)

I don't care what the guy wrote, that WINS. :haha:

Deboogle!.
06-02-2006, 03:05 AM
Obviously he reads what we say here :p

Jennay
06-02-2006, 03:25 AM
I remember that point, he was striking the ball sooo well. I wish he would do it consistently. :sad: I agree with PMac - he needs to watch that point on tape.

Deboogle!.
06-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Andy's in London. Already. Wow. Speechless.
============
http://www.latimes.com/sports/tennis/la-sp-french2jun02,1,7756416.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-tennis

Andy Roddick's agent, Ken Meyerson, said his injured client traveled to London instead of going home to rest his left ankle and would probably resume training in a few days.

Roddick retired in the third set of his first-round match against Alberto Martin of Spain, marking the third time he has lost in the first round here. In his last three Slams, he has gone out in the first round twice and the fourth round once.

"He's won five tournaments on clay," said Meyerson, who added he would like to see a little more swagger from his client. "I'd like him to come in with a mind frame that he can win this tournament."

Two British newspapers raised the possibility of Hall of Famer Jimmy Connors working with Roddick, but Meyerson said he had not heard of such a scenario until asked by a reporter on Thursday. Roddick is coached by his brother, John, who took over from Dean Goldfine after the Australian Open.

Jade Fox
06-02-2006, 03:36 PM
He's already in London? Damn. Where's a faint smilie when you need one? :eek:

Caren
06-02-2006, 04:53 PM
NEWS ALERT!! :eek:

ANDY RODDICK ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING WORTHWHILE :bounce:

surfpinky
06-02-2006, 05:15 PM
I...am speechless :speakles:

acoffeygirl
06-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Nat is speechless? Now I am speechless! :p

blosson
06-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Blamey! I better keep my eyes open at my local Starbucks then! :lol:

partygirl
06-02-2006, 07:26 PM
============
http://www.latimes.com/sports/tennis/la-sp-french2jun02,1,7756416.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-tennis
:yeah:"good for Andy"

:angel: I knew it (that's what I would have done)
...im so smart, I should be in London. :worship:

snaillyyy
06-02-2006, 07:35 PM
============

:eek::eek: Armageddon or the Apocalypse next?!

nkhera1
06-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Wow Roddick actually in London. As mentioned above by everyone else this is huge news. In his 1st round match he was hitting some really good flat forehands which is a good sign for the upcoming schedule. His backhand was really good too as he can't blame that for his loss at all even coming up with some down-the-line shots which surprised his opponent. The only problem he had was returning and of course positioning but for right now I'm more concerned with his return game because he only broke his opponent once which isn't really that good for clay and considering who is opponent was. Overall things are looking good as Roddick does have a lot of points to defend here but then doesn't have as many to defend from the US Open series and the indoor series.

MissFairy
06-02-2006, 09:19 PM
:eek::eek: Armageddon or the Apocalypse next?!
:lol: :hug:

His game is getting positive, now he just needs to have some luck. Please.

Deboogle!.
06-03-2006, 03:48 AM
:yeah: from the AP

RODDICK TO LONDON: When Andy Roddick left Roland Garros after a left ankle injury forced him to quit during his first-round match, he wasn't sure whether to head home to Austin, Texas, or stay in Europe before Wimbledon.

Well, he decided to head straight to London to rest, then prepare for grass-court play at Queen's Club before Wimbledon starts on June 26. He's been a Wimbledon finalist the last two years.

"I'm definitely encouraged that he went to London and not home," Roddick's agent, Ken Meyerson, said Friday. "He just needs to really rest (the ankle), but I think he was planning a light hit either today or tomorrow."

williaer
06-03-2006, 04:18 AM
Andy has brains!! :banana:

Deboogle!.
06-03-2006, 04:24 AM
um........

yes, brains, that's it. ;)

williaer
06-03-2006, 04:33 AM
;) Well... you're right... he has none... but at least he's taking Wimbledon seriously!!

Deboogle!.
06-03-2006, 04:33 AM
ummmmmmmm right, yes, sure he is :p

williaer
06-03-2006, 04:37 AM
Oh shut it you :p

idolwatcher1
06-03-2006, 04:47 AM
Any chance Andy and Robby are in London together? They could be practicing with each other :p

Deboogle!.
06-03-2006, 04:57 AM
maybe! :)

idolwatcher1
06-03-2006, 05:01 AM
Robby lost at RG a few hours before Andy, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Robby encouraged Andy to go with him to London instead of going back home to get some practice there... It's hot in Texas now y'all! My reeses peanut butter cups are all melty! :ras:

Deboogle!.
06-03-2006, 05:12 AM
No offense to Robby but I don't think he is the one who influenced him to go to London. And that is all I will say :)

idolwatcher1
06-03-2006, 05:22 AM
wait, why would it be an offense to him what you think? :lol:

Deboogle!.
06-03-2006, 05:28 AM
it wouldn't be, I'm just saying I don't think Robby has enough influence on Andy to convince hi to stay in Europe or go back to Austin ;)

idolwatcher1
06-03-2006, 05:33 AM
someone who's known him for years, and has similar goals, wouldn't have enough influence?... hmm... :scratch:

Deboogle!.
06-03-2006, 05:35 AM
Check your reps, I explained what I meant :)

And no, Andy doesn't generally listen to anything, that has been one of the big knocks on him and people think it's why he goes through coaches so fast. So no, I don't really think Robby's opinion would play a role in his decision-making at all... sorry, that's just my opinion :) Is Robby even in London yet? I'm pretty sure Andy went yesterday or so, so he didn't go right away.

idolwatcher1
06-03-2006, 05:49 AM
well, anyway... ;) Andy doesn't necessarily have to follow what someone suggests to him, but like I said, it wouldn't surprise me if Robby encouraged him to stay in Europe because, for one, I would think Robby would want to practice with someone, like Andy, in London because it would be beneficial to him as well as it being beneficial to Andy... It's okay if you don't agree with me... :p

knight_ley
06-03-2006, 02:53 PM
:)

Deboogle!.
06-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Charlie Bricker says Andre will be going to London soon to practice with Andy :yeah: Maybe they'll play doubles again? :p

MissFairy
06-03-2006, 03:01 PM
ummmmmmmm right, yes, sure he is :p
Debla: never in danger of showing too much faith in Andy

:p

Deboogle!.
06-03-2006, 03:03 PM
I have my reasons :p

williaer
06-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Andre and Andy practicing :)

Deboogle!.
06-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Andre and Andy practicing :):D :yeah:

blosson
06-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Andy looked very hot that year: summer 2004. Good old days.

williaer
06-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Andy and Andre :hearts:

knight_ley
06-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Deb, I know this isn't revelent but I love the grammar check in your sig. That grammar problem is my BIGGEST pet peeve. :mad:

Um, okay to make this revelant --- Andy & Andre! Woot! :yeah:

:angel:

williaer
06-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Andy looked very hot that year: summer 2004. Good old days.
Indeed! He just looked much happier and more confident? I don't know - but something is certainly really attractive about him in those pictures, and it's not the facial hair :p
That being said... Andy's still extremely good looking now!

blosson
06-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Absolutely! Confidence made him look so good, that year he trully believed he could beat Roger. Now he kind of knows and thinks it will never happen... (maybe a little luck could help ;) )

Deboogle!.
06-04-2006, 06:12 PM
omg :haha: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_tennis/2006/06/jb_bites_the_um.html

blosson
06-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Wow. Andy's better reminds us all why he is the grass number 2 or we'll soon forget...

Right now, my top five Wimbledon men, in order: (1) Roger Federer, (2) Dmitry Tursunov, (3) Andy Roddick, (4) Mario Ancic, (5) Lleyton Hewitt.

partygirl
06-04-2006, 08:33 PM
And just 3 years ago he said "don't judge me...i suck on grass"
-i think it's time for a BIG win (7 actually:aplot: ) while remaining the king of Queens.

knight_ley
06-04-2006, 09:51 PM
I think Andy can beat Roger, he just needs to have the confidence like you said. :yeah:

Caren
06-04-2006, 11:49 PM
I am soooooooo excited, i hardly even care about the French anymore lol. Queens next week YEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cool:

blosson
06-04-2006, 11:58 PM
I've passed in front of Wimbledon today again, they still have loads of stuff to do, they ripped one of the car gates from Wimbledon park road and it still looks like a construction site...

The_Rod
06-05-2006, 01:44 AM
I've passed in front of Wimbledon today again, they still have loads of stuff to do, they ripped one of the car gates from Wimbledon park road and it still looks like a construction site...

I went passed Wimbledon today, I'm so excited.

surfpinky
06-05-2006, 01:48 AM
hey...I passed wimbledon today too!
my aunt's apartment complex is called wimbledon d:

superpinkone37
06-05-2006, 02:31 AM
hey...I passed wimbledon today too!
my aunt's apartment complex is called wimbledon d:
LOL...I pass Wimbledon every morning taking my sister to school.
The streets by the local country club are named things like Ace and Wimbledon and some other tennis thing I forget. hahahaha

Deboogle!.
06-05-2006, 02:32 AM
There's a development in the OC by my cousins' that's also called Wimbledon :haha:

Fee
06-05-2006, 05:17 AM
There's a Wimbledon development in Redlands, CA as well. The houses there are awesome and actually look kind of English. I always wanted one of those houses, I think I still have the floor plans brochure somewhere.

partygirl
06-05-2006, 05:31 AM
ive never been to any kind of wimbledon:sad:

superpinkone37
06-05-2006, 05:32 AM
There's a Wimbledon development in Redlands, CA as well. The houses there are awesome and actually look kind of English. I always wanted one of those houses, I think I still have the floor plans brochure somewhere.You need to move there because then you'd be less than 15 minutes away from me and you could like, adopt me or something. haha.

knight_ley
06-05-2006, 05:32 AM
me either :sad: i feel so worthless in life...........

knight_ley
06-05-2006, 05:33 AM
You need to move there because then you'd be less than 15 minutes away from me and you could like, adopt me or something. haha.

:mad: I thought Ace & I were adopting you? :boxing:

Fee
06-05-2006, 05:34 AM
You need to move there because then you'd be less than 15 minutes away from me and you could like, adopt me or something. haha.

But then you'll go away to College and I will be left alone, brokenhearted, with the smog. Bleh, no thanks.

knight_ley
06-05-2006, 05:34 AM
:haha: "with the smog" made me spit out my green tea.

THANKS FEE! :p

superpinkone37
06-05-2006, 05:38 AM
:mad: I thought Ace & I were adopting you? :boxing:hmmm..this is true. Having two adoptive families could be cool. When daddy Ace won't buy me that pink convertible I just HAVE TO HAVE...I'll just go visit my other adoptive family. ;)
But then you'll go away to College and I will left alone, brokenhearted, with the smog. Bleh, no thanks.This is also true. I will not be staying anywhere near Riverside for college if I can help it. And there is in fact a lot of smog here.

knight_ley
06-05-2006, 05:39 AM
Danielle, just know now that if you bring that Shady Vinnay character to our mansion, you are kicked out.

superpinkone37
06-05-2006, 06:16 AM
Danielle, just know now that if you bring that Shady Vinnay character to our mansion, you are kicked out.Oh, he's not allowed. We need some Vinnay repellant...or like a rule that he has to win a match in order to come over. We'll never see him again!

knight_ley
06-05-2006, 06:24 AM
Just stop playing with your Bedazzler and he'll prob leave you alone.

superpinkone37
06-05-2006, 06:28 AM
I don't have one. :sad:

surfpinky
06-05-2006, 06:31 AM
Oh, he's not allowed. We need some Vinnay repellant...or like a rule that he has to win a match in order to come over. We'll never see him again!
he has to make the top ten |:

J. Corwin
06-05-2006, 08:45 AM
I passed up Wimbledon the movie. :p

The_Rod
06-05-2006, 10:46 AM
I passed up Wimbledon the movie. :p

Very wise decision :lol:

blosson
06-05-2006, 01:53 PM
That's the most unrealistic movie ever. Not only the actors playing tennis (crap!) but the fact the characters would appear in completely different parts of London or even other towns during the championship. I'm sure tennis players wouldn't be going to the country side or the sea side (there is no sea in London!) while they are playing a tournament.

MissFairy
06-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Hehe Blosson, it's true, Wimbledon just was a really bad film. The story was feeble at best, and the dialogue was awful too!

Deboogle!.
06-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Coach's Corner
June 5th, 2006 08:04 am

We have moved on to London to begin preparation on the the grass courts of England. Andy’s ankle is getting better, and he should be ready to get a solid week of grass court practice in before the start of Queen’s. The grass will greatly change what Andy is looking to do on the court. He will rely on his serve and big forehand to win points early. The ball is going to move through the court quickly, so Andy will have to go for his shots and use his net game more. He will have to look for every opportunity to finish the point. We look forward to the challenges of the next month.

Caren
06-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Oooo John actually said a few worthwhile things this time :worship:

Where's Andy's blog? :confused:

knight_ley
06-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Where's Andy's blog? :confused:

I was just thinking about that last night... :shrug:

Iheartandy&roger
06-05-2006, 05:00 PM
This better be a GOOD and HEALTHY grass season because if not...well nothing will happen i'll just look more like an idiot for sticking by our man.

blosson
06-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Hehe Blosson, it's true, Wimbledon just was a really bad film. The story was feeble at best, and the dialogue was awful too!

They made sure they fit as many London landmarks as possible in the movie and end up being very unrealistic. Would a player who's on a winning streak go to Brighton in between matches? Do you remember Kirsten and Paul's characters romancing in that Brighton funfaire?

blosson
06-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Coach's Corner

We have moved on to London to begin preparation on the the grass courts of England. Andy’s ankle is getting better, and he should be ready to get a solid week of grass court practice in before the start of Queen’s. The grass will greatly change what Andy is looking to do on the court. He will rely on his serve and big forehand to win points early. The ball is going to move through the court quickly, so Andy will have to go for his shots and use his net game more. He will have to look for every opportunity to finish the point. We look forward to the challenges of the next month.

I wonder where they are staying, near Queens or would they be renting a house in Wimbledon? It's almost 7 in the evening and I'm still at work, I don't have time to stalk Andy at Starbucks, oh well.

MissFairy
06-05-2006, 07:25 PM
They made sure they fit as many London landmarks as possible in the movie and end up being very unrealistic. Would a player who's on a winning streak go to Brighton in between matches? Do you remember Kirsten and Paul's characters romancing in that Brighton funfaire?
I am-not-so-ashamed to say that i didn't finish watching the film :lol: I turned off after about 45 minutes and of what i did see, i carefully forgot :p But i do remember thinking 'WTF' alot :p

Caren
06-05-2006, 07:26 PM
I wonder where they are staying, near Queens or would they be renting a house in Wimbledon? It's almost 7 in the evening and I'm still at work, I don't have time to stalk Andy at Starbucks, oh well.

I remember there was a report about this on 'This Morning' last year (hey wat can i say i love Fern and Phillip :worship: ) and the houses around wimbledon were rented from anything from 1 week up to a month or more so i'd guess he'd probably stay around wimbledon, get used to the surroundings...but hey what do i know :p

partygirl
06-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Coach's Corner

"Somebody better tell him to keep his big ASS at least on the baseline... which in his case means his feet/body would be inside the lines.":)

-damn it! :p

Deboogle!.
06-06-2006, 05:20 AM
Spreen Says

Doug Speen, Athletic Trainer
June 5th, 2006 10:27 pm

Well we are now in London. Since the last time I posted here on the web site a few things have happened. During the World Team Cup Andy hit a bad patch of clay and sprained his left ankle. We worked hard for the next 5 days in an effort to give Andy a chance to play the French Open. Andy made very good progress and the day before his match at the French he was feeling pretty good on the court. But the ankle proved not to be ready for the explosive movements on the clay. He was able to run pain free but changing directions quickly was difficult. He put up a good fight but he just could not move 100% and at this level if you can’t move 100% it is very tough. I really feel if we had 2 more days he would have been close to 100%. It was just really bad timing to sprain an ankle.

So a couple of days ago we took the train from Paris to London. We took the tunnel under the English Channel which was pretty cool. We have been here for a day and half and have gotten a couple of good gym workouts in. Andy is going to start hitting some balls later today as we start the preparation for Queens and Wimbledon. The ankle was sore for a day after playing on it at the French but it feeling pretty good. It is now all about getting ready for Wimbledon which starts in 3 weeks.

blosson
06-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Can you believe Andy's spending all this time in Europe for Wimbledon? He's taking this tournament very seriously. Andy and Andre will be the most rested players ever for the grass season! :lol:

Is there any chance Roger will be really tired for Wimby? :lol: ;)

J. Corwin
06-06-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm shocked and appalled that Doug didn't mention anything about making "Andy feel good" in this latest update. For shame! ;)

blosson
06-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Dean is gone....

partygirl
06-06-2006, 08:56 AM
:rolls:

J. Corwin
06-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Dean is gone....

Right, I meant Doug :haha:

I'm a lil :cuckoo:

blosson
06-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Jace, considering you were posting late in the night you got an excuse.

Being honest I find these names all the same too, Dean, Doug, Dom, Dan, Den, Danny, Dennis, Doly, Dog etc...

Golfnduck
06-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Good posts by John and Doug. I hope Andy is ready for the grass season, I know I am.

yuffchen
06-06-2006, 04:00 PM
i hope roddick and davenport will be fit for wimbledon, they will win the title ;) go!

Winston's Human
06-06-2006, 06:27 PM
i hope roddick and davenport will be fit for wimbledon, they will win the title ;) go!

I hope so since Andy and Lindsay are my faves.

Golfnduck
06-06-2006, 06:56 PM
I hope so since Andy and Lindsay are my faves.
They are my faves also, it would be nice to see both of them win.

Jlee
06-06-2006, 07:19 PM
^I'd love it if both of them would win!

Lindsay just has to get healthy...

fangirl
06-07-2006, 01:45 AM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2839/royaltyheadbopping1kt.gif

sup england.

partygirl
06-07-2006, 02:08 AM

sup england.
so much better than the original.
"Girl...you got style." ;) :worship:

J. Corwin
06-07-2006, 02:09 AM
:lol:

Deboogle!.
06-07-2006, 02:43 AM
I hope so since Andy and Lindsay are my faves.your new picture of mae is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!

Winston's Human
06-07-2006, 02:59 AM
your new picture of mae is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!

In honor of finally getting off the clay and on to the lovely green tennis lawns, I felt a garden photo was more appropriate.

Of course, the photo was taken at our local botanic garden and not in the weed patch at home that used to be a flower bed.

Deboogle!.
06-07-2006, 03:07 AM
In honor of finally getting off the clay and on to the lovely green tennis lawns, I felt a garden photo was more appropriate.

Of course, the photo was taken at our local botanic garden and not in the weed patch at home that used to be a flower bed.:haha: funny! Well, she looks adorable regardless of where it was taken :)

MissFairy
06-07-2006, 02:30 PM

sup england.
I love you, Kellerer.

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 02:23 AM
According to a British paper, the upchucking Andys practiced at Queens together today :lol:

fangirl
06-08-2006, 03:43 AM
According to a British paper, the upchucking Andys practiced at Queens together today :lol:

thats hot. i hope andy roddick was not intimidated by the pure sex godness of andy murray.

Golfnduck
06-08-2006, 03:56 AM
Two puking Andys :drool: Nothing gets better than that :lol:

PinkFeatherBoa
06-08-2006, 09:39 AM

My two favourite people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Near(ish) me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: Can't contain my 'excitement.' :drool: :drool: :drool:

\:!

MissFairy
06-08-2006, 09:56 AM
EEEE! Puke fountains in London :hearts:

Ew. That made me feel sick. |:

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 03:24 PM
OMG you two :haha:

tangerine_dream
06-08-2006, 04:29 PM
1) that gif of the royal Windsors out on the prowl a la A Night at the Roxbury is hilarious

2) Mae is as precious as the Queen's pink diamond (but my favorite pic will always be her in that bunny outfit :hearts: )

and 3)...

Andy and Andy practicing together:
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/wuerg/vomit-smiley-024.gif

Bahahaha!..haha..uh...ewww :bigcry:

Golfnduck
06-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Does anyone know when the draw for Queens is going to come out?

Fumus
06-08-2006, 04:45 PM
A little throwback to "A Streetcar Named Desire" seemed only fitting as we will be looking for a classic performance from Andy Roddick!

Draw is up June 12th. Play starts monday, if you saw my thread in the gm you know I am pumped!

Fumus
06-08-2006, 04:47 PM
I love that Night at the Roxberry England style gif.

All I can think is..."What is love!? Baby don't hurt me....don't hurt me....no more...."

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Dude Ryan, there is already a grass thread:p

Fumus
06-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Yea but there's not one for Stella...lol, there is a thread for the season and like the hopes for the season but, there needs to be a thread for the tourny that's the way it always works.

You are telling me you aren't going to have a Wimbly thread?

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 06:03 PM
We had a grass season thread last year, we had a clay season thread this year, it's just easier when it's only a couple tourneys! We'll have a Wimby thread but I already started this one for the grass season so let's just do the Queens stuff in here and another for Wimby :)

surfpinky
06-08-2006, 06:23 PM
A little throwback to "A Streetcar Named Desire" seemed only fitting as we will be looking for a classic performance from Andy Roddick!

Draw is up June 12th. Play starts monday, if you saw my thread in the gm you know I am pumped!
STELLLLLLLAAAAAAAA!

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 06:35 PM
I am not a Tennessee Williams fan :o the Glass Menagerie :zzz:

surfpinky
06-08-2006, 06:36 PM
I...haven't read the glass menagerie

but
hi deb!!!!!
deb!! deb!!!

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 06:46 PM
hi nat! nat!! nat!!!

Fumus
06-08-2006, 06:48 PM
yea...yea...yea I like seperating things it makes events feel more special because we don't lump then all together. We could have an Andy tourny thread and just post everything about every tourny Andy plays in the whole year in there...lol...but we don't to keep things sorta special and sorta organized...but I suppose since there is only one grass event and tourny I can see doing it like this. OOOhhh...well, I had such a good title and theme for my thread...

surfpinky
06-08-2006, 06:53 PM
yea...yea...yea I like seperating things it makes events feel more special because we don't lump then all together. We could have an Andy tourny thread and just post everything about every tourny Andy plays in the whole year in there...lol...but we don't to keep things sorta special and sorta organized...but I suppose since there is only one grass event and tourny I can see doing it like this. OOOhhh...well, I had such a good title and theme for my thread...
maybe you can have the honors of starting the wimbledon thread [:

Deboogle!.
06-08-2006, 07:07 PM
yea...yea...yea I like seperating things it makes events feel more special because we don't lump then all together. We could have an Andy tourny thread and just post everything about every tourny Andy plays in the whole year in there...lol...but we don't to keep things sorta special and sorta organized...but I suppose since there is only one grass event and tourny I can see doing it like this. OOOhhh...well, I had such a good title and theme for my thread...Well for those of us that sometimes look up old news and pictures, having it more combined for less threads is easier :p So, one thread for the pre-discussion and Queens, one for Wimby. You have 2 weeks or so to think of a good title and theme for that ok? :p

blosson
06-08-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm sooo :unsure: about the grass season for Andy. If he does well it will be a confidence boost for the rest of the year but he only manages to continue his mediocre perfomance, what will be of him? It looks like he is really putting his heart into this season so it worries me.

Fumus
06-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Well for those of us that sometimes look up old news and pictures, having it more combined for less threads is easier :p So, one thread for the pre-discussion and Queens, one for Wimby. You have 2 weeks or so to think of a good title and theme for that ok? :p

You are going to let me name the wimbly thread!? :worship: :worship:

I will do my best!! I won't fail I promise!

surfpinky
06-08-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm sooo :unsure: about the grass season for Andy. If he does well it will be a confidence boost for the rest of the year but he only manages to continue his mediocre perfomance, what will be of him? It looks like he is really putting his heart into this season so it worries me.
I feel the same way :unsure:

blosson
06-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Too much heart, too much hope, too much everything. He will be crushed if he doesn't do as well as he did last year. Oh well, let's hope for the best.

partygirl
06-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Too much heart, too much hope, too much everything. He will be crushed if he doesn't do as well as he did last year. Oh well, let's hope for the best.
I totally get it, but there is a reason why we're all still with him. :)

partygirl
06-08-2006, 11:57 PM
If he fucks this up we, will all die.

Caren
06-09-2006, 01:56 PM
If Andy doesn't do well in the grass season i think i might actually cry, not because i'm an 'Andy Bopper' just because i don't think he would come back from that. It kinda scares me that his whole year is dependant on the grass season a lot of praying is in order people. :confused:

knight_ley
06-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Have faith. Lord Carlos will guide us through this grass season. :)

Deboogle!.
06-10-2006, 06:25 PM
The Queens draw is out :scared:
http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2006/311/MDS.pdf

blosson
06-10-2006, 06:31 PM
I think it's a good draw for Andy considering the strong field. It would be nice if he gets to revenge Muller. Where is Karlovic? I can't see him in there.

acoffeygirl
06-10-2006, 06:32 PM
He retired from his qualie match today.

Deboogle!.
06-10-2006, 06:34 PM
It's okay, it's doable. He's by far the best grass player in his half. Agassi, Henman, Hewitt all on the other side.

i dunno, Carlsen in his first round is good on fast courts :scared:

blosson
06-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Oh, no serving giant this time. I think his quarter is pretty good.

snaillyyy
06-10-2006, 06:37 PM
I will just wait and see, afraid to hope to much:o. I want him to do well!

Deboogle!.
06-10-2006, 06:38 PM
I want him to do well!I want him to lose to Bye.

snaillyyy
06-10-2006, 06:43 PM
:lol: :lol: that damn bye surfaces again.

blosson
06-10-2006, 06:44 PM
If he's the first dude to win this tourney 4th times in a row, that would be cool. It would definatelly do wonders for his confidence. Let's just hope the weather stays like today. I would like to see him lifting that gigantic trophy next Sunday!

PinkFeatherBoa
06-10-2006, 06:45 PM
I want him to lose to Bye.

Amanda says 'he needs to' and also HI.

Deboogle!.
06-10-2006, 06:53 PM
AMANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

PinkFeatherBoa
06-10-2006, 07:05 PM
AMANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

We were talking on the phone, I will pass on this message when we meet up tomorrow! :)

Amanda went to Queens (and I didn't- long story- f***ing public transport) and she took pictures of a certain Verdasco's behind. She also saw Murray and took pics, but she was disappointed he wasn't being sick at the time. ): I don't know if she saw the other puking Andy, she didn't mention him...

Deboogle!.
06-10-2006, 07:06 PM
hahahhahahaha yes, tell her we say HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and have a great time :)

PinkFeatherBoa
06-10-2006, 07:07 PM
hahahhahahaha yes, tell her we say HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and have a great time :)

Will do, and thanks! :p

superpinkone37
06-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Amanda!!!!!!!!

Tell her I love her and to take pretty pictures of pretty tennis players for me. :D

acoffeygirl
06-10-2006, 07:15 PM
So those with a Bye....will they play on Tuesday or Wed or do we not know?!?

Deboogle!.
06-10-2006, 07:16 PM
We don't know.

I'd guess Andy will play Tuesday to leave Wednesday matches for the guys who were later in RG, since he's been there for over a week.

blosson
06-10-2006, 07:18 PM
OMG, Henman plays Agassi in the first round!!!!

acoffeygirl
06-10-2006, 07:29 PM
We don't know.

I'd guess Andy will play Tuesday to leave Wednesday matches for the guys who were later in RG, since he's been there for over a week.
That is sort of what I figured!

PinkFeatherBoa
06-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Amanda!!!!!!!!

Tell her I love her and to take pretty pictures of pretty tennis players for me. :D

You mean her pictures of Murray aren't pretty enough!!!???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Blasphemy.

I'll let her know. (:

superpinkone37
06-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Murray isn't pretty. But ugly Murray pictures could work. They provide the same amount of entertainment.

PinkFeatherBoa
06-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Murray isn't pretty. But ugly Murray pictures could work. They provide the same amount of entertainment.

Murray SO IS. :ras:

Deboogle!.
06-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Andy is not playing doubles :(

bavaria100
06-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Good luck to Andy for the grasscourt season! I hope he'll get a few good results in the next few weeks or otherwise his ranking will go down the drain. :scared:

tangerine_dream
06-10-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't mean to jump up and down and celebrate but I just heard that Ivo Karlovic is out of Queen's. :woohoo:

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 12:15 AM
aw, tangy, he's hurt, be nice lol

tangerine_dream
06-11-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm not celebrating the fact that he's hurt, I'm celebrating the fact that Andy won't have to play tennis with a giant tree and we won't have to watch the ugliest tennis game out there. :dance:

acoffeygirl
06-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Andy is not playing doubles :(
:( Bummer...I wonder why not?

knight_ley
06-11-2006, 02:43 AM
:( Bummer...I wonder why not?

I heard it is because he was eating a Blow Pop and cut his tongue :o

acoffeygirl
06-11-2006, 02:46 AM
awwww.....andy left your av. :sad:

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 02:50 AM
I heard it is because he was eating a Blow Pop and cut his tongue :oUm, :haha:

knight_ley
06-11-2006, 02:53 AM
awwww.....andy left your av. :sad:

:angel: no he didnt! :p

but i must warn you, if a new kiwi pic surfaces he might have to leave the av :p

knight_ley
06-11-2006, 02:54 AM
Um, :haha:

:mad: TIS TRUE! KEN CALLED ME AND TOLD ME!

acoffeygirl
06-11-2006, 02:54 AM

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 02:57 AM
:mad: TIS TRUE! KEN CALLED ME AND TOLD ME!oh, so then we KNOW it's not true!

knight_ley
06-11-2006, 03:02 AM
oh, so then we KNOW it's not true!

:yeah:

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 03:11 AM
I don't think this really says anything new, but yea.
=================
Grass is still greener for Roddick
MOIRA GORDON

ANDY RODDICK'S season always hits the brakes when he arrives at Roland Garros. Quite literally. The heavy red clay helps to nullify the pace of his fearsome service game and his season stalls. But, the American knows the grass is greener on the other side.

While the European clay season, culminating in the French Open, and Roddick are just not compatible, he is now entering his most profitable and successful spell on the calendar.

In the past three years he made it as far as one semi-final and two finals at Wimbledon, the perfect preamble to all three being victory at the Stella Artois Championships. This year, with his damaged ankle ligaments on the mend, the Queens Club will again provide the foundation for the 23-year-old to build on as he aims for a record-breaking fourth consecutive title at the grass event and a confidence boost going into the next Grand Slam later this month.

On grass he has proved himself better than most in recent years. Losing out only to Roger Federer - who with 36 grass court wins in a row is expected to overhaul Bjorn Borg's all-time record of 41 this summer - in the 2003 semi-final and then the past two finals at Wimbledon. The fact that the world No.1 chooses to hone his grass play in Halle rather than London has allowed Roddick to reign supreme at Queen's.

Last year he raised a laugh when asked how he could stop Federer in their second consecutive Wimbledon final. The best suggestion he could muster was pushing him over and injuring him in the locker room. While he may have used humour to illustrate just how impossible the task seems to most players, for the former World No.1, it is no chuckling matter. The grass court is his preferred stage and he would love to win the best prize of all on it.

"That's my surface. It's the one that I look forward to every year," he said as he looked ahead to London after he was deposited from the French Open, this time nursing the sore ankle, as well as an ongoing disdain for clay.

The prognosis for London is far better. No wonder given his recent form in the city. Aside from the meetings with Federer, in recent years, it has been blemish-free.

This year though, retaining the Stella trophy will be a tougher ask. Rafael Nadal and a plethora of top-ten players will be following his lead, having seen how a lad raised on American hard courts has used the event to his advantage before travelling a few miles down the road to the All England club.

And while Federer ultimately remains the biggest fly in the ointment to fulfilling his dream of winning Wimbledon, Roddick insists his presence at Queen's Club is neither here nor there.

"I mean, you think about him just because you're trying to shoot for the best. Obviously, he's established himself as that in the last couple of years. But am I obsessed with it? Do I have pictures on my wall or something? No.

"I think you have to be self-motivated enough first and foremost. You know, I'm gearing my training towards just becoming better with everyone. I'm not good enough to just worry about one guy. I have to worry about a whole lot of guys."

As the year got underway in Australia, the charismatic American warned that he had been making the most of his longest close-season in years. Not only had weaknesses in his technique been addressed, he was fitter physically and mentally.

"I'm just trying to bring a little bit of a more aggressive mindset into this year, not play what I call passive/ aggressiveness. I've put in the work and I'm going to go out there and give it my best."

Especially at Wimbledon. "When I turned pro, my goals were to win the US Open, be No.1 in the world, win Wimbledon and be part of a Davis Cup-winning team." Two down, two to go. In the meantime, on the green, green grass that now feels like home, he will settle for four-in-a-row at the Stella Artois Championships.

J. Corwin
06-11-2006, 03:20 AM
oh, so then we KNOW it's not true!

surfpinky
06-11-2006, 03:53 AM
HI AMANDA!!!!!!!!!

Golfnduck
06-11-2006, 04:16 AM
I'm just going to focus on Carlsen for now. I think Andy will get through, I'm praying.

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 04:24 AM
Carlsen has to beat whatever qualie he faces. it's not even definite that andy will face carlsen lol

oneandonlyhsn
06-11-2006, 07:20 AM
Good luck during the grass season Andy, go for the Queens four-peat :rocker2:

heya
06-11-2006, 07:22 AM
"win Wimbledon and be part of a Davis Cup-winning team."

Excessive weight lifting, moonballing near the line, hit everything back to opponent, "wait too long and hit a ball too hard at shoulder level"
and Garbage food eating = Not going to happen, Flat-foreheaded Brainless Twit.

renee_chin
06-11-2006, 06:44 PM

snaillyyy
06-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks! :D:D I like the blue shirt.

knight_ley
06-11-2006, 08:10 PM
HI GUYS! I mowed the grass and kept saying "Vamos Andy!"

Jimnik
06-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Andy will play the winner of Dancevic-Carlsen.

Ah, FreedomReigns, your avator is just the sort of thing that gets me in the mood for Wimbledon. :drool:

blosson
06-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Andy practicing his backhand and forehand. :lol: I wonder if he watched the RG final or was watching the World Cup like almost everybody else. I stayed home to see the RG final whilest everybody else went to the pub to see Holland vs Serbia Montenegro... hehehe

Jimnik
06-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Is Andy a "Soccer" fan?

blosson
06-11-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't think so but I remember in 2004 when the Euro Cup was on at the same time as Queens/ Wimbledon and he said he was going to check the football fever.

blosson
06-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Inspired by partygirl's new avatar, I could not help.

Andy - Staying Alive during the grass season!

tangerine_dream
06-11-2006, 09:31 PM
I'll bet Roger's happy the clay season is over with.

You better believe it.

robinhood
06-11-2006, 09:33 PM
You better believe it.

:haha:

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 09:38 PM
oh tangy lmfao

Jade Fox
06-11-2006, 09:45 PM
You better believe it.

Tangy I heart you :kiss:.

Lady Natalia
06-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Tangy, i have to say I love you avatar. It is the only thing that has made me laugh today.

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 10:16 PM
:eek: Lady Natalia! Long time no see!!

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Video here :) http://www.stellaartoistennis.com/news/video.asp

tangerine_dream
06-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Tangy, i have to say I love you avatar. It is the only thing that has made me laugh today.
:hug: it's good to see you back around here, Lady :wavey:

Lady Natalia
06-11-2006, 11:09 PM
:eek: Lady Natalia! Long time no see!!

Nice to be seen. Someone told me I was like that family member that you only see at funerals and weddings. You only see when Roger loses a Grand Slam or wins one. I'm either crying or celebrating.

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Nice to be seen. Someone told me I was like that family member that you only see at funerals and weddings. You only see when Roger loses a Grand Slam or wins one. I'm either crying or celebrating.awwwwww :hug:

Lady Natalia
06-11-2006, 11:20 PM
I have to ask, what is the sentiment around here about Andy hiring Jimbo part-time? Personally, I think it can only help make Andy more of a threat. Andy has the ability to defeat everyone ahead & below of him in the rankings, maybe not Roger BUT especially Nadal. (I hope Rafa makes it to the finals of Queens. Then I hope Andy takes him to the woodshed.) Anyways...

I thought people would be estatic about Andy hiring Connors, but what I get is that they feel he is copying Roger hiring Roche. You hire a legend; I hire a legend. That is so f.....n ridiculous.

blosson
06-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Andy copies everyone: he copied Andre when he created his foundation, he copied Lance when he followed the bracelet idea, he copied the ATP when he started doing regular blogs, he copied Maria when she launched her perfume, he copied his brother when he decided to be a tennis player...I just hope he can copy Roger in other ways apart from hiring a part time coach. ;)

Lady Natalia
06-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Andy copies everyone: he copied Andre when he created his foundation, he copied Lance when he followed the bracelet idea, he copied the ATP when he started doing regular blogs, he copied Maria when she launched her perfume, he copied his brother when he decided to be a tennis player...I just hope he can copy Roger in other ways apart from hiring a part time coach. ;)

LMAO...I know what that means.

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 11:41 PM
we've been talking about it a lot here: http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=75958

Feel free to jump on in :D

tangerine_dream
06-11-2006, 11:57 PM
I have to ask, what is the sentiment around here about Andy hiring Jimbo part-time?
Mixed feelings from me. I don't know exactly what Connors can do to help Andy (it certainly won't be to help with his technique) and I never thought of Connors as coach-material; but I do know that Connors has always defended Andy and really believes that he has the tools to beat Roger, so it may be just a pick-your-brain kind of pt coaching thing for him.

Personally, I'm more excited about brother John as coach. He can kick Andy's ass around and also help lift Andy's confidence, which he badly needs. He's a comforting presence for Andy.

I thought people would be estatic about Andy hiring Connors, but what I get is that they feel he is copying Roger hiring Roche. You hire a legend; I hire a legend.
If Andy's just copying Roger then I hope he learns to copy Roger's ability to win multiple Wimbledon titles. :D

partygirl
06-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Video here :) http://www.stellaartoistennis.com/news/video.asp
i just liked the shorts. :)

tennis lover
06-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Andy practicing his backhand and forehand. :lol: I wonder if he watched the RG final or was watching the World Cup like almost everybody else. I stayed home to see the RG final whilest everybody else went to the pub to see Holland vs Serbia Montenegro... hehehe
I wanted to watch the RG final but I only have terrestrial TV at uni and when I went to try and watch it on our communal TV, people were watching the world cup so I didn't get to see it. :sad: But it's Queen's tomorrow and it's on normal TV and i've finished my exams so I can just watch it all day, every day! :D :D :D I'm so excited that the grass season is here, it's the only time of year I get to see a decent amount of tennis. :)

Golfnduck
06-12-2006, 02:02 AM
i just liked the shorts. :)
I like the shorts too :yeah:

partygirl
06-12-2006, 02:25 AM
"Andy ready's himself for grass" ...in hot shorts.

Jade Fox
06-12-2006, 02:27 AM
"Andy ready's himself for grass" ...in hot shorts.

Oooh if you zoom in that first picture it looks like you're seeing some buttcrack :devil: .

tennis lover
06-12-2006, 02:28 AM
Aww, that's so cute! He's obviously extremely happy that the grass season is back! :lol:

Deboogle!.
06-12-2006, 02:30 AM
ay yai yai it looks like he fell. Let's be careful with the ankle, Andy.

tangerine_dream
06-12-2006, 02:49 AM
woohoo! Grass season = butt cleavage season :banana:

Thanks pervertgirl :p

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91628

knight_ley
06-12-2006, 03:31 AM
butt cleavage is my new favorite phrase. thank you.

Lady Natalia
06-12-2006, 03:43 AM
woohoo! Grass season = butt cleavage season :banana:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91628

At least there wont be any clam diggers and ass grabs.

partygirl
06-12-2006, 04:27 AM

I perfer Prevertgirl.
...and that's not preverted, that's just Andy. :angel:

PinkFeatherBoa
06-12-2006, 04:37 AM
ay yai yai it looks like he fell. Let's be careful with the ankle, Andy.

Yup, he sure did, but Deb you are forgetting that the most important thing is we all got to see Andy's buttcrack!1!1!!1!!!1!1!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: etc...you get the idea. d:

Who cares about the ankle? Psh. :angel:

Deboogle!.
06-12-2006, 04:41 AM
Yup, he sure did, but Deb you are forgetting that the most important thing is we all got to see Andy's buttcrack!1!1!!1!!!1!1!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: etc...you get the idea. d:

Who cares about the ankle? Psh. :angel:I don't even need to reply to this :p

so how did his ankle look, his movement? Was he tentative? Who was he hitting with?

PinkFeatherBoa
06-12-2006, 04:50 AM
I don't even need to reply to this :p

so how did his ankle look, his movement? Was he tentative? Who was he hitting with?

He was hitting with Goldstein, movement seemed fine and I don't think he was being tentative.

williaer
06-12-2006, 04:54 AM
Just a heads up that on the ar.com forums, in the "Tournaments & Experiences" forums, there's a thread called "The Queens of Pink", and it's a few girls who have been going to Queens and it's packed with practice pics!!

Deboogle!.
06-12-2006, 04:54 AM
He was hitting with Goldstein, movement seemed fine and I don't think he was being tentative.:yeah:, :yeah:, :yeah:

Now, what are you doing awake? :lol:Just a heads up that on the ar.com forums, in the "Tournaments & Experiences" forums, there's a thread called "The Queens of Pink", and it's a few girls who have been going to Queens and it's packed with practice pics!!But that would require going to the AR.com forums, and I value my brain cells :p

acoffeygirl
06-12-2006, 05:21 AM
One of the staff members from Ar.com is blogging. http://www.andyroddick.com/1904/london-calling-sunday/

I've probably been debatized....but oh well.

Deboogle!.
06-12-2006, 05:22 AM
lucky us :o

partygirl
06-12-2006, 05:27 AM
some of what i procured...

-click-
http://img46.imagevenue.com/loc66/th_85822_AndyQueens6.jpg (http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc66&image=85822_AndyQueens6.jpg)http://img20.imagevenue.com/loc3/th_85827_AndyQueens9.jpg (http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc3&image=85827_AndyQueens9.jpg)http://img130.imagevenue.com/loc122/th_85834_Queensqualiessaturday022.jpg (http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc122&image=85834_Queensqualiessaturday022.jpg)http://img139.imagevenue.com/loc118/th_85841_1425ztj.jpg (http://img139.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc118&image=85841_1425ztj.jpg)
http://img148.imagevenue.com/loc94/th_85845_Andy_Practice242.jpg (http://img148.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc94&image=85845_Andy_Practice242.jpg)http://img40.imagevenue.com/loc253/th_85850_Andy_Practice264.jpg (http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc253&image=85850_Andy_Practice264.jpg)http://img156.imagevenue.com/loc20/th_85855_smallqueens3.jpg (http://img156.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc20&image=85855_smallqueens3.jpg)
http://img125.imagevenue.com/loc173/th_85859_Andy_Practice161.jpg (http://img125.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc173&image=85859_Andy_Practice161.jpg)http://img136.imagevenue.com/loc58/th_85864_142h0r6.jpg (http://img136.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc58&image=85864_142h0r6.jpg)http://img153.imagevenue.com/loc56/th_85869_142h192.jpg (http://img153.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc56&image=85869_142h192.jpg)

Deboogle!.
06-12-2006, 05:30 AM
wow, he still has it taped an awful lot :(

knight_ley
06-12-2006, 05:43 AM

He has the towel in his mouth cuz of the injury due to the blow pop. And you doubted Ken. :o

partygirl
06-12-2006, 05:43 AM
I know, huh.

lets just whore all the pics out...credit to whom ever was kind enough to take/share these it is appriciated. :devil:

-click again-
http://img18.imagevenue.com/loc100/th_87007_AndyQueens19.jpg (http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc100&image=87007_AndyQueens19.jpg)http://img154.imagevenue.com/loc13/th_87013_Queensqualiessaturday007.jpg (http://img154.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc13&image=87013_Queensqualiessaturday007.jpg)http://img140.imagevenue.com/loc217/th_87019_Andy_Practice269.jpg (http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc217&image=87019_Andy_Practice269.jpg)http://img152.imagevenue.com/loc31/th_87024_1426cg6.jpg (http://img152.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc31&image=87024_1426cg6.jpg)
http://img14.imagevenue.com/loc121/th_87029_Andy_Practice232.jpg (http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc121&image=87029_Andy_Practice232.jpg)http://img121.imagevenue.com/loc138/th_87034_Andy_Practice238.jpg (http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc138&image=87034_Andy_Practice238.jpg)http://img140.imagevenue.com/loc141/th_87039_Andy_Practice223.jpg (http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc141&image=87039_Andy_Practice223.jpg)
http://img40.imagevenue.com/loc266/th_87044_Andy_Practice168.jpg (http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc266&image=87044_Andy_Practice168.jpg)http://img103.imagevenue.com/loc113/th_87048_Queensdayoffun010.jpg (http://img103.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc113&image=87048_Queensdayoffun010.jpg)

this is one of my favorites: "The Andy dance" but you have to do it with something between your legs or it does'nt count.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91630&stc=1 ...#1 prevert. :)

Deboogle!.
06-12-2006, 05:46 AM
He has the towel in his mouth cuz of the injury due to the blow pop. And you doubted Ken. :o:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: oh Mary :lol:

I'm worried about his ankle :unsure: