Allez Juani in ROLAND GARROS 2006! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Allez Juani in ROLAND GARROS 2006!

Eugenia
05-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Tough draw, but I think and hope that Juani is going to give his best in his favourite Grand Slam! :bounce:

Here is his quater of the draw:

(5)Andy Roddick (USA) vs Alberto Martin (SPA)
Q vs Razvan Sabau (ROM)
Nicolas Mahut (FRA) vs Jiri Vanek (CZE)
Jean-Christophe Faurel (FRA) vs (27)Olivier Rochus (BEL)

(19)Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) vs Albert Portas (SPA)
Janko Tipsarevic (SCG) vs Julien Benneteau (FRA)
Daniele Bracciali (ITA) vs Davide Sanguinetti (ITA)
Michael Llodra (Fra) vs (11)Radek Stepanek (CZE)

(15)David Ferrer (SPA) vs Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (SPA)
Jonas Bjorkman (SWE) vs Jeremy Chardy (FRA)
Thierry Ascione (FRA) vs Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo (SPA)
Christophe Rochus (BEL) vs (18)Thomas Johansson (SWE)

(28)Fernando Verdasco (SPA) vs Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG)
Juan Monaco (ARG) vs Q
Q vs Gilles Simon (FRA)
Carlos Berlocq (ARG) vs (4)Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)

(8)James Blake (USA) vs Paradorn Srichaphan (THA)
Nicolas Almagro (SPA) vs Q
Q vs Q
Andy Murray (GBR) vs (25)Gael Monfils (FRA)

(23)Tommy Haas (Germany) vs Rainer Schuettler (GER)
Alexander Waske (GER) vs Fernando Vicente (Spain)
Novak Djokovic (SCG) vs Luis Horna (PER)
Marat Safin (RUS) vs (9)Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)

(14)Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) vs Jan Hernych (CZE)
Mathieu Montcourt (FRA) vs Marcos Daniel (BRA)
Ivo Karlovic (CRO) vs Olivier Patience (FRA)
Q vs (22)Dominik Hrbaty (SLO)

(29)Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA) vs Bjoern Phau (GER)
Robin Vik (CZE) vs Florent Serra (FRA)
Q vs Q
Robin Soederling (SWE) vs (2)Rafael Nadal (SPA)

maty
05-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Juani lost to Veradsco 6-1 6-3 6(6)-7(8) 6-4

atleast he won one set

Corina2605
05-31-2006, 09:17 AM
I was lucky to be on the court 6 yesterday and I have to say that I enjoyed the match a lot. It was a good match. In the first two sets Juan was outplayed by Verdasco. Juan was very frustrated, throwing his raquet...The Spanish guy was also serving for the match in the third set, at 5-4 I think, that's when Juan woke up. He fought very well and played some great points at the end of the third set. He was very happy to win the third set, screamed a loud Siiiiiii, and the crowd went crazy. There were lots of Argentine fans and flags, he was the more popular player on the court. In the fourth set Verdasco found his best shots again and unfortunately Juan lost the match. He was disappointed, obviously, but he still signed for his fans and took picutres with them. This was really nice to see :)

On Saturday Juan played an exhibition match against a young French guy (forgot his name....sorry) on Suzanne Lenglen court and won 7-6. Juan was looking very cute, wearing the official RG 2006 shirt :)

I was very happy to see Juan in Paris and I am very proud to be his fan. It's too bad the clay season didn't go as well as hoped, but I am sure he finds his game soon again, maybe on the hard courts. Vamos Juan, always!!!! :)

Eugenia
06-01-2006, 02:43 AM
I was lucky to be on the court 6 yesterday and I have to say that I enjoyed the match a lot. It was a good match. In the first two sets Juan was outplayed by Verdasco. Juan was very frustrated, throwing his raquet...The Spanish guy was also serving for the match in the third set, at 5-4 I think, that's when Juan woke up. He fought very well and played some great points at the end of the third set. He was very happy to win the third set, screamed a loud Siiiiiii, and the crowd went crazy. There were lots of Argentine fans and flags, he was the more popular player on the court. In the fourth set Verdasco found his best shots again and unfortunately Juan lost the match. He was disappointed, obviously, but he still signed for his fans and took picutres with them. This was really nice to see :)

On Saturday Juan played an exhibition match against a young French guy (forgot his name....sorry) on Suzanne Lenglen court and won 7-6. Juan was looking very cute, wearing the official RG 2006 shirt :)

I was very happy to see Juan in Paris and I am very proud to be his fan. It's too bad the clay season didn't go as well as hoped, but I am sure he finds his game soon again, maybe on the hard courts. Vamos Juan, always!!!! :)

Awww... thank you for the report Corina! :hug: Yesterday I was very sad for Juani, I know that he loves RG and he wants to play well there, but he had to face a tough opponent in the first round and he lost in the first round... :crying2:
Tomorrow he will be playing doubles with Edgardo Massa. Good luck boys! :kiss:

maty
06-02-2006, 11:02 PM
i hope Juani will play better soon and do good at tourneys