About Us [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

About Us

Chloe le Bopper
08-08-2002, 07:24 AM
Well some other forums have this, and I thought that it was a good idea.

To sort of describe a bit about ourselves - not too much of course, as some aren't partial to sharing too many details, but you get the idea.

For example, I'm a 20 year old female, who is currently unemployed ;) but I'm a student so its okay :o

My other faves after Ferrero (who is my number one fave, and the only one that i will never root for the opponent of), are David Nalbandian, James Blake, Fabrice Santoro, Sebastien Grosjean, Tommy Robredo, Alex Corretja, and lots more ;)

My faves on the WTA are Martina Hingis, Justine Henin, and Anna Kournikova.

I have been watching tennis as long as I can recall, but I never started following it hard core untill maybe 2000? maybe 1999? Certaintly I didn't use the internet to follow tennis untill 2000.

I started posting on some boards in April of 2001, and here I am :p

Anyone else want to share?

Chloe le Bopper
08-08-2002, 07:24 AM
pft, I forgot to mention Mark P :D

King Aaron
08-08-2002, 09:06 AM
okay..:D

I'm 14 male and is still studying

love Thomas Enqvist (absolute fave) then there's Juanqui, Tommy, Rochuses, Aisam, Asians, Jack Brasington and some more

WTA is Jelena, Ansley, Myriam, Anna S, Serena and Martina

Scotso
08-08-2002, 11:08 AM
I'm a 19 year old male unemployed student :p I'm from Virginia, USA.

My ATP faves other than Juanqui are Lleyton Hewitt, Paul-Henri Mathieu, Tommy Robredo, Thomas Johansson, etc. etc.

WTA faves are Mary Pierce, Corina Morariu, Nathalie Dechy, Emmanuelle Gagliardi, etc. etc.

I started following tennis around 1992 (early Graf/Pierce fan) though I have been watching it forever because my parents like it, and have been following hard-core since about 1995 after I saw Mary win the Australian Open.

I started posting on the Sanex boards in mid-1999.

Leo7
08-08-2002, 01:57 PM
i'm 16, live in the suburbs of NJ, USA! about a half hour away from New York City. in desparate need of a summer job and some money. also in search of a girlfriend :drool:

ATP faves: Juanqui, Tommy Haas, Richard Krajicek, Max Mirnyi, James Blake, Lleyton Hewitt, and so many more...

WTA faves: :kiss: LINDSAY :kiss:, Mary, Monica, Chanda, Lina, Corina, and Dinara Safina.

i started posting online about tennis last year in November.

Leo7
08-08-2002, 02:00 PM
oh, and i also love Justine Henin!:kiss:

Layla
08-08-2002, 05:35 PM
Ok I'm really ancient! I'm actually 30 but I feel and look about 20. :D Single and currently unemployed, although I make my living with freelance translations and some other stuff. Also looking for a boyfriend but everyone here is so young. *sigh* ;) I'm a Capricorn but that's not always apparent.

I started watching tennis when I was little as I've already mentioned in the other thread. I adored Lendl but after he retired I only followed tennis sporadically. In 2001 tennis became my favorite pastime and I've been practically obsessed with it ever since. For example, I have a beautiful notebook (the paper one) where I write down all the matches of all the tournaments and mark my favorites in red or blue.

My number one favorite is of course Ferreo :kiss: and like Rebecca said I never ever cheer against him. My many other favorites have their place in my hierarchical structure and include: Tim Henman, Alex Corretja, Greg Rusedski, Lleyton Hewitt, Sebastien Grosjean, Fabrice Santoro, Tommy Robredo, Carlos Moya, Arnaud Di Pasquale, Goran Ivanisevic, Olivier Rochus, Marat Safin...

My WTA faves are Monica Seles, Kim Clijsters, Mary Pierce, Katarina Srebotnik and Tina Pisnik.

I only started posting in April of this year at Go Tennis.

I'm also a movie and music buff and have loads of tapes. Never leave the house without my walkman. My other major hobby is astrology, which I've studied for many years and might even make into a profession some day. People still laugh at me about that but I don't blame them. It does sound funny lol. :D

TennisHack
08-08-2002, 08:08 PM
Layla, I dunno about ancient. I get the feeling, especially when I venture into Non-Tennis, that I'm a youngster :)

Okay, a little about myself. I'm a female, unemployed college student, total tennis fanatic. I used to watch Wimbledon as a child but laid off for a few years (the last slam I followed was 96 Richard Krajieck at Wimbly, wow I remember being sooooo thrilled he won instead of Pete :) ) I got back into it in 2001, I'm talking delved into it.

Other faves besides Juanqui: James Blake, Michel Kratochvil :hearts:, Jarkko Nieminen :hearts:, Richard Gasquet, Mario Ancic.

WTA faves: Kimmy Clijsters & Daniela Hantuchova. All time favorite was Steffi Graf, she always kicked ass at Wimbledon!

My favorite Slam is Roland Garros, and all of my favorite players are pretty good clay courters.

None of my RL friends like tennis to the degree that I do, so they got so pissed at me yakking all the time that they told me to start a website. I did, and it's my hold on the net to keep up with my boys and girls. Everyone who's seen it loves it, so come by and visit! http://tennishack.freeservers.com

I started posting on internet boards way back in '97 and everyone mistook me for a 30-year-old man :eek: I started posting for tennis in Yahoo Groups last year and stumbled onto this place from Mrs. G's Kim site at WTA World.

Chloe le Bopper
08-08-2002, 08:51 PM
My fave slam is ROland Garros too :) Clay season is my absolute fave time of the year.

My freinds get sick of me talking about it too :o esp about Ferrero - that is why my msn list is full of online tennis freinds :p

It's funny, the hot rumour on the sanex board used to be that I was really a gay man disguising as a women :rolleyes: lmao

TennisHack
08-08-2002, 11:11 PM
Rebecca, are you sure you aren't me? :D

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 12:53 AM
Well I am a lot of people :D

So Maybe I am you :o

Scotso
08-09-2002, 01:03 AM
:bounce: Roland Garros :bounce:

:D

TennisHack
08-09-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Rebecca
Well I am a lot of people :D

So Maybe I am you :o

:o

Congrats on breaking 1000. You're in the Special People Club now :D

Leo7
08-09-2002, 02:06 AM
and GoLleyt broke 1000 also!wow!:eek: but not nearly impressive as Daniel's 2000 posts in 2 weeks!

Scotso
08-09-2002, 05:00 AM
omg I did :D

:bounce:

Static
08-09-2002, 05:15 AM
:wavey: too all the fans!

I'm Ana and I'm an alcoholic, I'm a 15 year old female and I love to watch Juanqui play :D My Atp faves are in my sig so no point in posting it over again. I have too many WTA faves to list but I guess Anastasia Myskina, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, and Kim Clijsters, are at the top now :)

Keep cheering :wavey:

Scotso
08-09-2002, 05:31 AM
lol Ana :p

silly goose.

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 06:38 AM
hi ana :p

Nacho
08-09-2002, 06:20 PM
I'm a 20 year old male from Madrid. I'm still a student (architecture)

My favourite players are Juanqui & Tommy :)

John.Charles
08-09-2002, 07:24 PM
18/M/Toronto Canada

ATP faves: JC, Robredo, Guga! Guga!, Safin, Hewitt, Harry Potter...err..Tim Henman, Roger Federer.

WTA faves: Venus, Serena, Lindsay, Jennifer, Hingis, Dokic, Chanda, Monica and of course you could never leave out God's greatest gift to tennis: Miss Anna Kournikova, she's making a comeback!

CLAY RULES! I think tennis should only be played on (red) clay.

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 07:41 PM
Miss Anna Kournikova, she's making a comeback!

She is indeed, in the next few months, and into next season she will shut some people up :D

lol @ the Harry Potter remark :p

Leo7
08-09-2002, 08:54 PM
hey, for how long is harry away on vacation? Henman's Hill seems so empty without him (not that i EVER would post there)!

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 08:56 PM
I was wondering where funny Harry was :p

Layla
08-09-2002, 09:06 PM
She's coming back at the end of the month. I miss her so much. But for the record, I post at Henman Hill all the time. I'm trying to keep it alive. You should come and join me. :p

And at least we got the name changed into something pretty darn great. :D

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 09:08 PM
Henman Hill is a good name.

We all need to agree on a name here, but we can't all agree, and I wasn't happy with anything myself :sad:

Well some of them were okay, but meh :p

Leo7
08-09-2002, 10:41 PM
yeah, too bad we're not imaginative enough to come up with a really good name for Juanqui's forum!:sad:

i like Henman's Hill too. that name actually makes sense for that player. unlike Luscious Lleyton's Lounge?!:confused: :p

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 12:18 AM
Luscious Lleyton's Lounge

rotflmao

Cute maybe, but Luscious? :p

Scotso
08-10-2002, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Leo7
unlike Luscious Lleyton's Lounge?!:confused: :p

:fiery:

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 07:25 AM
pft, Scott, it is a stupid name and you know it.

Leo7
08-10-2002, 02:26 PM
yeah, who came up with that one? well at least you guys have a name for your forum!

Chloe le Bopper
08-13-2002, 07:02 AM
Leo7, someone very perverse came up with that one.

*some* Hewitt fans only support him because they are attracted to him :rolleyes:

But that is clearly not the case with Ferrero fans :angel:

King Aaron
08-13-2002, 10:58 AM
hehhehehe is Scott still angry

Leo7
08-13-2002, 03:56 PM
nah, he's prolly over it by now!

Chloe le Bopper
08-13-2002, 07:47 PM
Scott likes to hold a grudge.

Static
08-13-2002, 07:53 PM
Hey don't insult our forum we aren't insulting your lack of imagination :o :p
Besides beauty...or in this case Lusciousness (is that a word?)...is in the eye of the beholder :p

Chloe le Bopper
08-13-2002, 08:19 PM
Hey its all good, I insult your forum to its face, by going in their and calling you folk Mingers :D

Miss_Juanqui
08-13-2002, 10:15 PM
I just want to say gracias for the warm welcome! It was so nice! I think this "About Us" section is really neat too. I can tell you that I'm from the US, and I'm 18 years old. I'm moving into uni in two days (today is August 12th just so you know!) My other fav players besides Juanqui are Timmy Henman, Little Johansson, Marat Safin, JMG, A. Martin, T. Robredo, and Alex Corretja. (Ok, I admit it...I have an obsession with Spanirds!) I root for Juanqui in every match except for one time and place that I woulnd't, and that is unlikely to ever occur, but I would like it to. I would root for Tim Henman at Wimby over JC, just cuz I like Timmy too, and it would mean so much to him to win Wimby, but both of them would have to make it deep into the tournament cuz of how close together they are ranked. Lets face it, I want JC to do well on every surface, but well, grass is a little suspect. Anyway, I guess that's the low down. Have any questions just ask, and I'll see what I can do for ya!

Layla
08-13-2002, 10:46 PM
Ok, I might consider rooting for Timmy at Wimbledon, you're right, but I would be mightily torn. I simply can't imagine rooting against Juanqui. Still, it's probably never gonna happen right? But, like I said somewhere else, wouldn't it be hilarious if Ferrero won the Wimbledon title? I'd love it, because there'd be no pressure, unlike Henman, who simply has to win it and makes me terribly nervous come Wimbledon time.

About your obsession with the Spaniards... don't worry, we all have it. ;) :hearts:

TennisHack
08-14-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Miss_Juanqui
(Ok, I admit it...I have an obsession with Spanirds!)

You haven't met Becca yet, have you? :D

There's a big picture thread in General Messages and of course the Spanish players have their own forum.

So, don't feel alone :)

Chloe le Bopper
08-14-2002, 01:36 AM
Ok, I admit it...I have an obsession with Spanirds!)

You have came to the right place :wavey:

There is a Spanish forum around here somewhere too :D

John.Charles
08-14-2002, 03:54 AM
SPANIARDS RULE!!!!

hey they actually are...besides lleyton of course....still the Spaniards are KICKING ASS!!

Chloe le Bopper
08-14-2002, 04:02 AM
THREE spaniards in the top ten :D

Static
08-14-2002, 04:20 AM
Go Spaniards :D

Static
08-14-2002, 04:23 AM
I know most of my posts are very profound :wavey:

jcluvva
08-15-2002, 06:34 PM
Hi every1

I'm 22, from Lincolnshire and am a HUGE Juanqui fan. :D

I've followed his tennis since 1999 when he won Mallorca. I also like Safin, Roddick and Federer.

Christy

Layla
08-15-2002, 06:39 PM
Hi Christy! :wavey:

Welcome! :D You've come to the right place. I hope you like to post a lot like I do, cause I need someone to talk to. ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-16-2002, 06:32 AM
Welcome Miss Mosquito :D

King Aaron
08-16-2002, 08:09 AM
you guys have a lot of free time ?? ;)

fcap
08-16-2002, 04:53 PM
Soon as i have a new found love for jaun ill tell everyone something about me!!
My name is Nikita but everyone calls me keta or kets coz its easier
Im 14 and a student And live in one of the most borring places ine Australia .. Perth!!
My ATP faves are Lleyton ;) =, Jaun Carlos, Marat Safin, Mark P, James Blake, Andy Roddick and the Rochus bro's . And Richard Gasquet in the Jr's only coz hes hot!! :kiss:
WTA Kim Clijsters, Alexandra Stevenson, Elke Clijsters, Jaslyn Hewitt And no one else really :o:o
Well if there anything else just ask :p:p

TennisHack
08-16-2002, 11:09 PM
:wavey: Hi, Keta!

"Nikita" is one of my all-time favorite names :)

Chloe le Bopper
08-17-2002, 12:02 AM
so you are really joining us Keta :o

Here I was thinking you were just lured into vote for Scotts forum name :o

Well if you are actually sticking around, welcome :wavey:

And if not, well have fun anyhow ;)

fcap
08-17-2002, 02:48 AM
Nah im staying becca!! :p:p
TC i was named after the elton john song...... But i really dislike nikita ... i dunno its to long maybe so its just keta!!

TennisHack
08-17-2002, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by keta

TC i was named after the elton john song...... But i really dislike nikita ... i dunno its to long maybe so its just keta!!

I can understand if it was from an Elton John song :rolleyes: ;)

Nikita is actually a very common Russian male name, with "Nika" as the diminuitive. I <3 Russia :hearts:

At any rate, welcome Keta! :wavey: Enjoy your stay.

fcap
08-17-2002, 03:47 AM
Thankz TC .. Ill enjoy my stay!!:wavey:

Chloe le Bopper
08-17-2002, 03:51 AM
And Keta - I'm not all bad :o

Don't listen to the wolf hunters :p

fcap
08-17-2002, 03:53 AM
I dont listen to any oen becca!!!
Regaurless of what people say I do have a brain and came make my own mind up.. At least i think i can!! :o:o
Scott and TC are having a fight now!! :sad:

Chloe le Bopper
08-17-2002, 04:01 AM
yes I see it and am opting to stay out :o

fcap
08-17-2002, 04:04 AM
Me toooo.. I dont want anyone fighting in that thread though coz when im upste i go there and its always happy!! Now people are fighting!! :sad:

Chloe le Bopper
08-17-2002, 04:22 AM
I would say you could come here for refuge, but I've got too much of an edge not to argue here at some point ;)

Layla
08-17-2002, 06:30 PM
Hi Keta! :wavey:

I agree with TennisHack (surprise, surprise), I love the name Nikita. Too bad it has to be an Elton song as well. ;) But since you prefer Keta, that's what I'll call you. :)
Anyway, you should come in here more often. If you ever find the forest too quiet, you can always make your way into the marshland, where the mosquitoes are forever buzzing. ;)

Oh and for the record, I love Lleyton. He's my 4th favorite and my list of faves is loooong so the top 5 are real special. Just so there's no misunderstandings. :p j/k :D And I love the Rochus brothers too, especially Olivier, but they're both adorable. :)

p.s. Juanqui is always sexy, not only in the summer. Just so you know what to expect. ;)

Vera
08-22-2002, 05:15 AM
Hi everyone. I'm Vera. I'm new to this world, I mean atpworld.
I'm twenty something, not working currently, hence have to much time on hand. This is the first ever chat room I've joined, cos I'm not usually the chatty type. But as a huge fan of JC, I just want to talk to those who shares the same passion as mine.

I started watching JC at Roland Garro 2000, when he almost beat Guga. The match started when I actually was cheering for Guga, not knowing much about JC but he was so cool and calm the whole way that I completely jump ship at the end of the match. The most memorable match I watched is when JC beat Guga in Rome 01. I missed Monte Carlo this year, and still trying to forget FO final. I think because I felt so bad for him that I become even more devoted to wish him well.

I like Rafter as much as JC, but, since Pat retired, I only need to cheer for Juanqui and never have to face the situation when they go against each other. I also like some youngsters like Federer, Grosjean and Safin. Though I only cheer for them under the circumstance when they are not threating JC's place in the championship race. The other guy I like is Moya, he has a great body!!! I hope Moya remains in Top 10, but behind Juanqui.

So, can anyone tell me how to get that waving smiling face in my message????

Layla
08-22-2002, 01:06 PM
Hi Vera! :wavey:

Welcome. You've come to the right place. We all love Juanqui here and more importantly, we love talking about him. I am currently unemployed myself, that's why I have such a high number of posts. ;)

I loved your account of how you became a fan. I often jump ship midway through the match if I discover someone new. Of course that would never happen if it was Ferrero on the other side but still. And I think we're all doing our best to forget that imfamous RG final. *shudder*

Your hopes for Moya are pretty much the same as mine. I would be delighted if he stayed in top 10, but I won't cheer for him if he threatens to overtake Ferrero. :p

To get the waving smiley type ":wavey:" without the quotation marks. I had to add those or my wavey would be converted into an image. For other smilies go to the box at the bottom of the page where it says smilies are on and click on smilies. You will see the entire selection of smilies and the appropriate code.

If you have any more questions, just ask. :)

Leo7
08-22-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Vera
Hi everyone. I'm Vera. I'm new to this world, I mean atpworld.
I'm twenty something, not working currently, hence have to much time on hand. This is the first ever chat room I've joined, cos I'm not usually the chatty type. But as a huge fan of JC, I just want to talk to those who shares the same passion as mine.

I started watching JC at Roland Garro 2000, when he almost beat Guga. The match started when I actually was cheering for Guga, not knowing much about JC but he was so cool and calm the whole way that I completely jump ship at the end of the match. The most memorable match I watched is when JC beat Guga in Rome 01. I missed Monte Carlo this year, and still trying to forget FO final. I think because I felt so bad for him that I become even more devoted to wish him well.

I like Rafter as much as JC, but, since Pat retired, I only need to cheer for Juanqui and never have to face the situation when they go against each other. I also like some youngsters like Federer, Grosjean and Safin. Though I only cheer for them under the circumstance when they are not threating JC's place in the championship race. The other guy I like is Moya, he has a great body!!! I hope Moya remains in Top 10, but behind Juanqui.

So, can anyone tell me how to get that waving smiling face in my message????

oh, i love Pat Rafter too! i wish he would come back so bad! i don't know who i'd cheer for though if he was to play Juan Carlos again, i'd be so torn!

welcome aboard. :wavey:

ILR
08-22-2002, 03:50 PM
Hi ppl! :wavey:

Ive never been in here b4!Go Juanqui!

Layla
08-22-2002, 03:55 PM
Hi IluvRogi! :wavey:

You should come here more often. :D This is a fun place to be. :)

ILR
08-22-2002, 03:56 PM
OK I will!Hmm should I tell u some stuff about me? :)

Layla
08-22-2002, 03:58 PM
Please do. :D

And could you tell us what name or nickname we could call you by? It's getting progressively harder to type IluvRogi, if you know what I mean. ;)

Leo7
08-22-2002, 04:02 PM
:wavey: IluvRogi ! welcome to Mosquito Marsh!

ILR
08-22-2002, 04:03 PM
lol!OK well u cud just say ILR!

Ahem.I wouldve thought u'd have guessed that Im a 15 year old girl!;) sounds so childish!Im not tho.Anyway,I love tennis and should thank my mum for watching it all the time because she got me into it!My faves are all on my sig and I love football and listening 2 music 2(I think u know which type Layla ;))Hmmm I live in Cheshire,England u know where that is?Erm Im going into my last year at school and I love Rogi(amongst others of course ;)) hence the name.Will only mention Juanqui on this forum tho.thats about it!sorry if I bored u! :D

Layla
08-22-2002, 04:08 PM
lol ILR sounds great. Of course you're not boring anyone. And you can mention other things besides Juanqui. Just come and talk to us. :D

ILR
08-22-2002, 04:09 PM
OK then :D.Hi Im here 2 talk!Got the Puddle Of Mudd CD yet?lol

Leo7
08-22-2002, 04:21 PM
ILR! i like that name!:)

so, do you guys play tennis?

ILR
08-22-2002, 04:22 PM
Yeh I play with my brother at the local gym!U Leo? :)

Layla
08-22-2002, 04:24 PM
lol not yet :sad:

Our chat room is actually the Vamos Juan Carlos at the US Open thread, but I guess we can talk here as well. :D

No, I don't play tennis yet. For the moment it's a bit too expensive. The prices are outrages and I would have to take lessons. :( But hopefully one day... I also have problems with my right shoulder since someone knocked me off my bike ON PURPOSE :fiery: So I'm not sure how it would hold up.

How about you?

ILR
08-22-2002, 04:26 PM
Aw poor Layla! :(

Who knocked u off ur bike?Nasty person :mad:
Ill remember the Vamos US Open thread chat room thing ;)Cheerz

Leo7
08-22-2002, 04:27 PM
i play on my school team! :) not that good, but my serve is getting better!

ILR
08-22-2002, 04:29 PM
lol!We dont have a school team :sad:

My serve isnt that good either! ;)

Leo7
08-22-2002, 04:33 PM
LAYLA! you got pushed off your bike?! how cruel!:fiery:

Layla
08-22-2002, 04:37 PM
I know. :fiery: It was some anonymous stranger who just hated the world I guess. He hit me on the head hard and I was going quite fast (I always do :angel: ). I call that random acts of violence. It was 3 years ago and my shoulder is still not ok. :(

Wow, you play on your school team? How great is that! :D :bounce:

ILR
08-22-2002, 04:39 PM
Aw......I know u like Tim Layla so at school in PE our teacher got a tennis coach 2 come in(quite young)and he used 2 b a semi-pro kind of and he played against Timmy! :D

Leo7
08-22-2002, 04:41 PM
Layla, you have like a 500 post lead over me!:eek: it's going to be so tough for me to ever catch up!

ILR
08-22-2002, 04:42 PM
I wouldnt worry Leo Im waaaaaaaaaay behind ;)

Leo7
08-22-2002, 04:43 PM
well that's true!

Layla
08-22-2002, 04:44 PM
You're just gonna have to work very hard Leo. Or just post silly little images like this one http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/egging.gif

Layla
08-22-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by IluvRogi
Aw......I know u like Tim Layla so at school in PE our teacher got a tennis coach 2 come in(quite young)and he used 2 b a semi-pro kind of and he played against Timmy! :D

Unfortunately, I know that means nothing to you. :p Me, I would've been ecstatic. :D

ILR
08-22-2002, 04:45 PM
Aw I have 2 go now and Im sleeping at a friends house so I prob wont b on til tomorrow nite!

:wavey:

bye!

Leo7
08-22-2002, 04:46 PM
i see you've found slave2safin's smilie site. i'll have to check that out later!:)

Layla
08-22-2002, 04:47 PM
Aw that's too bad. Well, have fun at your friend's house. http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/dunce.gif

:wavey:

Leo7
08-22-2002, 04:48 PM
:wavey: ILR!

i was going to leave too. ESPN is showing LIVE coverage of Lindsay vs. Amelie, and i have to cheer on my girl!:) talk to you guys later!

:kiss: to Layla and ILR!;)

Layla
08-22-2002, 04:49 PM
i see you've found slave2safin's smilie site. i'll have to check that out later!:)

Yeah, it's great. I'm in heaven. http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/spin2.gif

Layla
08-22-2002, 04:51 PM
Bye Leo! :wavey:

Cheer Lindsay to victory for me. :bounce:

Oh and http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sloppy.gif

Layla
08-22-2002, 05:02 PM
Be sure to come back with some scores. Please. :D Then I'll do this http://www.stopstart.btinternet.co.uk/sm/notworthy.gif

Coverage on Eurosport starts at 2:30 pm EST so I suppose they'll show the next match. :(

Vera
08-22-2002, 06:40 PM
Welcome. You've come to the right place. We all love Juanqui here and more importantly, we love talking about him. I am currently unemployed myself, that's why I have such a high number of posts. ;)

Hi Layla, I read your profile and I found that we have a lot in common, including that feeling a lot younger than we are. Anyway, also want to tell you that your writing about the adventure of Hackie and Layla is so much fun. I think both of you are great writers. I felt sorry for JC though, I think he's also not having a good time in real life regarding relationship (That I heard he broke up with Esther, who looks like a very sweet girl).
Anyway, I like this board very much, cos you guys are so much fun
:bounce: I hope US Open will start tomorrow so that I can start cheering for our guy.

Leo7
08-22-2002, 06:40 PM
Lindsay Davenport def. Amelie Mauresmo 7-6 (7), 6-3

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

terrific performance from Lindsay. she was 12 of 13 at net, hit 9 aces, and was so impressive off the forehand. and the best part is that she closed it out with two terrific backhand passing shots!:)

Leo7
08-22-2002, 06:48 PM

Hi Layla, I read your profile and I found that we have a lot in common, including that feeling a lot younger than we are. Anyway, also want to tell you that your writing about the adventure of Hackie and Layla is so much fun. I think both of you are great writers. I felt sorry for JC though, I think he's also not having a good time in real life regarding relationship (That I heard he broke up with Esther, who looks like a very sweet girl).
:bounce: I hope US Open will start tomorrow so that I can start cheering for our guy.

he broke up with Esther?! wow, Layla and Hackie will be happy bout that!lol!

Layla
08-22-2002, 08:03 PM
Lindsay Davenport def. Amelie Mauresmo 7-6 (7), 6-3

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

terrific performance from Lindsay. she was 12 of 13 at net, hit 9 aces, and was so impressive off the forehand. and the best part is that she closed it out with two terrific backhand passing shots!:)

:bounce: http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/bounce.gif :bounce:

I just saw the replay on Eurosport. I'm glad that was the one QF match they chose. Lindsay was astonishing. She blew me away. I think it was a terrific match. Both played so well. But how come she didn't look particularly happy when she won? I don't think she even cracked a smile. :(

Layla
08-22-2002, 08:16 PM

Yes, I had a feeling we had a lot in common. :) I'm glad you like this board. I hope you will have loads of fun with us. Thank you for the compliment, you're very sweet to say that. :D I feel sorry for Juanqui too. I've heard about Esther, I think they broke up several months ago, but nobody is really sure. :confused:

And no Leo, I wouldn't be happy if he did indeed break up with his girlfriend. ;) I actually want him to be in a healthy, positive, loving relationship with a great girl. I think it would do his game and his confidence a whole lot of good. I had a suspicion during the clay court season that something in his personal life must be bothering him and hindering his progress :(. He looked pretty miserable sometimes... BEFORE the match. He cheered up during RG though, so that's good. :)

Chloe le Bopper
08-22-2002, 09:48 PM
:wavey: Vera, welcome :D

The more people who join up in here the better :wavey:

Vera
08-22-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Layla

And no Leo, I wouldn't be happy if he did indeed break up with his girlfriend. ;) I actually want him to be in a healthy, positive, loving relationship with a great girl. I think it would do his game and his confidence a whole lot of good. I had a suspicion during the clay court season that something in his personal life must be bothering him and hindering his progress :(. He looked pretty miserable sometimes... BEFORE the match. He cheered up during RG though, so that's good. :)

OMG, my thought exactly. I wish him well both on and off court. I think he and Esther looks really good together so it's a pity if they reallly broke up. But I'm not sure myself, maybe it's just a rumor, maybe they are back together, or I hope they get back together. Anyway, I also think that he looked sad and miserable (maybe that's why we all think they broke up), which I suspect caused his inconsistent play at the beginning of the year.

Anyhow, all the best wishes for Juan Carlos.

Leo7
08-23-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Layla

:bounce: http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/bounce.gif :bounce:

I just saw the replay on Eurosport. I'm glad that was the one QF match they chose. Lindsay was astonishing. She blew me away. I think it was a terrific match. Both played so well. But how come she didn't look particularly happy when she won? I don't think she even cracked a smile. :(

that's just Lindsay. she doesn't get too excited when she wins a match, but afterwards she's all smiles!:) you never see her fist pump during a match, but that doesn't mean she's not focused.

GOOOOOOO Lindsay!:bounce: (i agree, it was a great match)

TennisHack
08-24-2002, 10:34 PM

LOL, trying to play catch-up . . .

Thanks for the writing compliments :) It's a lot of fun to write a tandem story, but it's even better when the writers have similar senses of humor. I'm a bit more smartass and Layla's the romantic one, but I think it balances out to a funny story.

I also heard the Esther rumor, but hesitate to confirm/deny it. I haven't seen either from an official mouth around Juan Carlos, but I also think something's amiss. :sad:

Vera
08-24-2002, 11:15 PM
Ya, Esther is still listed as JC's fiance on his offical site. So let's hope they are still together.

Anyhow, as long as JC plays well, it doesn't matter whatever happen off-court. He's a big boy, he can handle that.

Vamos Juan Carlos:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

TennisHack
08-25-2002, 03:16 AM

he broke up with Esther?! wow, Layla and Hackie will be happy bout that!lol!

No, I won't be happy if he has broken up with his girlfriend, because that can be very trying and especially playing professional tennis--it can be a lonely life :sad:

The story's all in fun. Er, right :D

Edda
04-27-2010, 02:39 AM
My name is Edda. I'm 45 years old and work at my local library. My favorite male players are Juan Carlos Ferrero, Rafael Nadal, David Ferrer and Roger Federer. My favorite female players are Kim Clijsters and Melanie Oudin.

I have four indoor cats: Peter, Paul, Prince and C.C.