☆ Roland Garros ! seb's home ☆ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

☆ Roland Garros ! seb's home ☆

oLn
05-26-2006, 07:02 PM
1R seb vs. andrei paver (ROM)
2R seb vs. qualifie or paul goldstein (USA)
3R seb vs. jarkko nieminen (FIN)

not too bad draw... but could been better !
i think he can make it into 4R and he should give everything against nalbandian (prob)
we ll talk later about it tho :P

charlie666
05-26-2006, 09:13 PM
not too shabby... hope he does well

there's an audio file of seb on www.eurosport.fr

oLn
05-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Sebastien Grosjean d. Andrei Pavel 63, 62, 63

well done seb !
he played v-good... the other guy was awful tho ! so... no much things to say about the game !

btw happy birthday ! i wish him... all the best !

oLn
05-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Day 2 - An interview with Sebastien Grosjean
Monday, May 29, 2006
Player Overview

Q. What do you think about your match? What sort of feelings did you have today?

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: It was difficult, but I'm very happy that I did it in three sets. There was a lot of wind with clay floating around. It was difficult to play good tennis under the circumstances.

But I think I was quite steady. I managed well on my serve, so it helped me win.

Q. Two weeks ago you were having problems with your serve. Between Hamburg and today there is a lot of difference. Can you explain?

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: The Sunday before Hamburg, I was starting to improve. I managed to lift the shots on the serve. It has improved greatly. I'm not even thinking about it any more, which I think is a very positive change. I can focus on my game.

Q. You haven't felt so well on clay since the beginning of the season, is that right?

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: Well, I didn't really play in Monte‑Carlo. I didn't really play in Rome. Hamburg was quite good. I had good feelings in Hamburg, even if the results were not very good.

It seems the more time I spend on clay courts, the better my tennis is, obviously.

Q. You hardly ever lose in a first round. What does it say for the rest of the week?

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: Well, let's see the rest.

Q. Match by match?

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: Yes. It's very good for me because the Grand Slam tournaments always give me a lot of incentive. I'm always trying to be ready for those matches, trying to go as far as I can in the tournament. This is the reason why I'm playing tennis, for these important tournaments.

Q. There's been a survey that's been done that say the women players should be paid the same prize money as the men.

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: I think for the finalists they have the same amount of money, which is good. Now, the physical effort, if you play five‑setters, is a lot. I think they should increase the women and the men by the same token.

Q. So you don't want them to be on par; you want everybody to increase but with a difference?

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: I think there is a difference in the level between the very best players on the women's side, between the top players in the women and the rest, whereas in the men, there's not so many differences. I think the seeds are always there.

Q. What you're saying is the first two or three rounds are more spectacular with the men?

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: Yes, this is exactly what I mean. It's more of a physical effort.

Q. That would justify the difference in the prize money?

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: Yes, I think so.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2006-05-29/200605291148901304430.html

there is the vid of interview on site... so check it ! he looks nice !

Marine
05-29-2006, 09:40 PM
I agree with him. They don't deserve to have the same prize money.
Personly I don't go to RG to see girls playing ! They're boring !!!

Well, see the video of seb after his match. :)
http://roland-garros.france3.fr/reportages-videos/?date=2006/05/29&id_article=9

I♥PsY@Mus!c
05-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Oh,I think it's ok...probably because I'm a female! :)

He has a good draw,and Jarkko :ras: has been kicked so his draw is even better! :eek: Surely he will win at least 2 more matches! :rocker2:

KellyluvsGrosjean
05-30-2006, 02:51 PM
oh I got only one pic of Seb....... from yahoo.fr

The 28-yr-old Frenchman did a good job :wavey: Go for the 2nd round!

charlie666
05-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Those shoes would match last year's outfit better... But anyway, great win :dance:

aliasthad
06-01-2006, 04:35 PM
:bigcry:

Marine
06-01-2006, 06:28 PM
I can't believe it. I was in RG and saw his first set, he played very very well !!! I couldn't imagine a second he was gping to lose today !!!! :bigcry:

I suppose it's too cold there for him... well, I'm sad, ROland without him is not as fun :sad:

*julie*
06-01-2006, 09:12 PM
What happened? I didn't see the match.
:sad: He had an open draw...

oLn
06-01-2006, 10:34 PM
What happened? I didn't see the match.
:sad: He had an open draw...
same thoughts...
he had a great chance... but !

ok martin is a good claycourter... but seb is much better !
dont know what happened...

xuzizhen
06-02-2006, 07:10 AM
For me ,RG 2006 is over .....

KellyluvsGrosjean
06-04-2006, 05:28 AM
Looking forward for the grass season....

Jessica Theobald
06-04-2006, 04:32 PM
I agree, cannot wait for Stella Artois and Wimbledon this year, went to Wimbledon last year but unfortunately went on a day when Seb was not playing, yes I really am that supid!!! : :confused:

Jessica Theobald
06-04-2006, 04:33 PM
So stupid in fact, that I cannot spell stupid!