~~Allez David!!~~ The 2006 Roland Garros Cheering Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

~~Allez David!!~~ The 2006 Roland Garros Cheering Thread

Sue
05-26-2006, 12:12 PM
The draw is out and David plays Garcia Lopez in the first round.....wishing David all the best as he starts another Slam.

Hope all of Davids fans from here,lucky enough to be going to RG, get to see him play and help to cheer him on to victory!

ALLEZ DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaTenista
05-26-2006, 12:41 PM
The draw is out and David plays Garcia Lopez in the first round.....wishing David all the best as he starts another Slam.

Hope all of Davids fans from here,lucky enough to be going to RG, get to see him play and help to cheer him on to victory!

ALLEZ DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vamos David! The match has 'outside court' written all over it so he'll probably play his 1st round on Monday or Tuesday - both days I have grounds passes. :banana:

Hope to see you ladies at either one of his practices or matches - I'm short (1.63 m) with wavy/curly shoulder length brown hair and eyes. Will probably be writing in a spiral square notebook as I plan to blog my trip like I did Cincy last year. :wavey:

I'm flying to London overnight and will take Eurostar to Paris Saturday night.

FerrersLinda
05-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Isa, have a safe trip and a great time in France. Hope to meet you at RG. I'm praying for a tuesday match since I will be there tuesday and wednesday. I'm 1.65, these days a brunette (shoulder lenght) and will be carying a multicolor Oilily bag.

Sue, we will be thinking of you and missing you. :wavey:

Sue
05-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Isa and Linda- wishing you both safe trips and happy times at RG! Please wish David all the best from us all (WHEN not if, you get to speak to him- he's really nice and approachable- please don't be too shy!).Looking forward to lots of reports and photos.....
Take care and we'll do our best to hold the fort here while you're gone!
Sue xxxx

alisia
05-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Enjoy yourselves Isa & Linda, some of us only have boring eurosport to watch.

*Ljubica*
05-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Safe trips Isa and Linda. I am already in Paris - went to quallies today and had fun - watching some good matches and catching up with some old friends. As for description - I'm tall (5ft 8in - sorry no good at metres!) with fairly short blonde hair. I will probably be with two American girls - oh and I smoke a lot :o

FerrersLinda
05-27-2006, 08:42 AM
Safe trips Isa and Linda. I am already in Paris - went to quallies today and had fun - watching some good matches and catching up with some old friends. As for description - I'm tall (5ft 8in - sorry no good at metres!) with fairly short blonde hair. I will probably be with two American girls - oh and I smoke a lot :o

Thanks, I will be leaving mondayafternoon. It's about a 5 hour drive from my parents house in Holland. I hope by then my vocalcords have returned from holiday so I can cheer my guys on. Since last nights party I can't speak, when I do try to it hurts like :devil: .

The fact that you smoke a lot is not gonna help me find you, because all French girls smoke two packets a day. ;) Hope to find you though.

LaTenista
05-27-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm in London now - so sleep deprived as only had about 5 or 6 hours total in the last two nights.

I don't smoke so I guess you won't think I'm French Linda :lol:

FerrersLinda
05-27-2006, 09:00 AM
I'm in London now - so sleep deprived as only had about 5 or 6 hours total in the last two nights.

I don't smoke so I guess you won't think I'm French Linda :lol:

Hope you'll be able to get some sleep soon Isa. Otherwise it might be even easier to find you. The girl that looks a "little" tired and doesn't smoke. :)

Sue
05-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Sending +++++++++++++++ vibes for lack of sleep and sore throats....come on ladies- you have to be on top form for cheering David on!
Allez!

*Ljubica*
05-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Thanks, I will be leaving mondayafternoon. It's about a 5 hour drive from my parents house in Holland. I hope by then my vocalcords have returned from holiday so I can cheer my guys on. Since last nights party I can't speak, when I do try to it hurts like :devil: .

The fact that you smoke a lot is not gonna help me find you, because all French girls smoke two packets a day. ;) Hope to find you though.
Yes - it's true many French girls smoke a lot - it is one of the few places remaining in the world where I don't feel uncomfortable with my vile habits :devil: Drive safely Linda - and sleep well Isa :hug:

sonia
05-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Vamos David!!! :bigclap:

*Ljubica*
05-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Hola from Paris :wavey: I saw David practice for an hour this morning. It was a VERY intense practice session with Gastón Gaudio and he worked extremely hard. I was just happy to see Javi AND Franco Davin on the same court :drool: Bye for now!

Sommarsverige
05-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Vamos David against Garcia-Lopez :yeah:

Sue
05-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Hola from Paris :wavey: I saw David practice for an hour this morning. It was a VERY intense practice session with Gastón Gaudio and he worked extremely hard. I was just happy to see Javi AND Franco Davin on the same court :drool: Bye for now!

Thanks for the update Ros, hope you're having a lovely time in Paris!
Sue xx

alisia
05-28-2006, 08:45 PM

Glad you're enjoying the scenery Rosie :devil: I hope you had a camera with you!
Looks like David won't be playing his first match until Tuesday.

Sue
05-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Yeah- I just checked the OoP for tomorrow and couldn't find his name there, so Tuesday it is I guess!

ALLEZ DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue
05-28-2006, 09:05 PM
OOops- almost forgot- I got a text off Elea this morning to say she'd seen David practising so hopefully she will have some great pics for us when she gets back!
Hope all our fellow David fans out there in RG are having a great time! Be good y'all !

FerrersLinda
05-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah- I just checked the OoP for tomorrow and couldn't find his name there, so Tuesday it is I guess!

ALLEZ DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I can not tell you how happy I am he's playing tuesday. :crazy: <--- A little like that. Hopefully he will be playing on court 1, since I have tickets for that tuesday. Wednesday I will be on Suzanne Lenglen but I will try to get tickets for the other courts while at RG. I just have to see David play.

Sounds like everybody allready there is having a great time. I will be leaving tomorrow. Au revoir for now. :wavey:

alisia
05-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Sorry Linda they've stuck David out on Court 7

Court 7 11:00 Start

Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)[15] vs. Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP)
Oscar Hernandez (ESP) vs. Gilles Simon (FRA)
Clarisa Fernandez (ARG) vs. Emilie Loit (FRA)
David Ferrer (ESP)[15] vs. Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP)

Sue
05-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Court 7??? Sigh.
Hope you manage to get to see him out there Linda- I know you'll do everything possible to see him play! Lets hope there's a gang of you there to cheer him on....

*Ljubica*
05-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Court 7 is easy - it's quite a big court and you'll get in no problem.

RogiFan88
05-29-2006, 07:32 PM
VAMOS, DAVID!!!

Rosie, have a great time in chilly, damp Paree! ;)

RogiFan88
05-29-2006, 07:35 PM
it's so crappy when two Spanish guys have to play each other...

alisia
05-30-2006, 05:32 PM
David won 7-5 6-1 6-0. :worship: Next up looks like being Jeremy Chardy of France.

RogiFan88
05-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Well done, David!

Hey, Sue, your NicoL won too! ;)

alisia
05-31-2006, 06:21 PM
Yeh David is playing on a televised court tomorrow

Court 2 11:00 Start
Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Melinda Czink (HUN) vs. Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[10]

followed by
Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Mathilde Johansson (FRA) vs. Maria Kirilenko (RUS)[20]

Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Oscar Hernandez (ESP) vs. Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)[4]

Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
David Ferrer (ESP)[15] vs. Jeremy Chardy (FRA)

bavaria100
05-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Good luck to David for his second round match! He shouldn't have too many problems with Chardy.

FerrersLinda
06-01-2006, 12:11 AM
:wavey: Hi guys.
Just got back from Paris. It's two in the morning now and I'm about to go to bed. Wanted to write a quick message. I had a great time even tho I nearly froze to death. :eek: It was sooooooooo cold in Paris. I saw David practise today.:kiss: Watched his match yesterday and finally found Elea after his match. It was so good to see her. I'm just sorry I never got to meet Rosie and Isa. :sad: Maybe some other time. Off to bed now, write you later.

Eléa
06-01-2006, 07:13 AM
Hola :wavey: I'm back :sad:

First i was so happy to meet Rosie and Linda :hug: Too bad i couldn't spend more time with Linda, but it was a big pleasure for me to meet her :D

I had tons of great pics for you! (and some videos) what a joy for me to have David and Gaston practicing on the same court on sunday :) I have a beautiful pic of them shaking hands with big smiles on their faces :)

Like usually, Javier was so sweet :inlove: Don't you think Rosie? ;)

*Ljubica*
06-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Hola :wavey: I'm back :sad:

First i was so happy to meet Rosie and Linda :hug: Too bad i couldn't spend more time with Linda, but it was a big pleasure for me to meet her :D

I had tons of great pics for you! (and some videos) what a joy for me to have David and Gaston practicing on the same court on sunday :) I have a beautiful pic of them shaking hands with big smiles on their faces :)

Like usually, Javier was so sweet :inlove: Don't you think Rosie? ;)
:haha: Hi Eléa - it was lovely to meet you and spend some time with you too :hug: Just sorry I missed Linda and Isa :sad: And I also have some photos to upload later - though I'll never forget your comment - "you are meant to be taking photos of the player NOT the coach!!" And as for Sr. Piles - maybe the less said the better :o Btw - did you see where I was sitting for the Garcia Lopez match? ;)

Eléa
06-01-2006, 10:32 AM
:haha: Hi Eléa - it was lovely to meet you and spend some time with you too :hug: Just sorry I missed Linda and Isa :sad: And I also have some photos to upload later - though I'll never forget your comment - "you are meant to be taking photos of the player NOT the coach!!" And as for Sr. Piles - maybe the less said the better :o Btw - did you see where I was sitting for the Garcia Lopez match? ;) :haha:
No i didn't see you at the match but i have an idea where you were sitting ;) did you get his number? :lol: I have some pics of Javier for you ;)

*Ljubica*
06-01-2006, 01:28 PM
:haha:
No i didn't see you at the match but i have an idea where you were sitting ;) did you get his number? :lol: I have some pics of Javier for you ;)
Would I post it on MTF if I did :angel: :haha: Look forward to the photos!!!!

FerrersLinda
06-01-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm out of bed and back in the real world. I just took my photorolls to be put on cd. I took lots of pictures. Hopefully there are some good ones. Rosie, I took some of your boyfriend aswell. ;) I'm flying back home on saturday so next monday will probably be the first day I have time to sort my pictures out.

I had a great time at RG, but like I said it's a shame I didn't get to meet Isa and Rosie. Luckily I did eventually find Elea. It was so good to finally meet you. Sorry I didn't have a lot of time to talk to you. :sad: I was scanning the crowd during David's match for you and Javi. Rosie where did Javi and obviously you(lucky girl, he's so goodlooking) sit during the match? I was trying to find him through my super-zoom-lens but couldn't. Did spot JCF by the way.

By accident I saw David training yesterday, I took so many pictures and I tried to talk to him after but there where so many kids asking for his autograph and then he walked off. I did call him and he turned around but just for a picture.

Rosie, you and Javi? Do tell, you can pm me day or night. ;)

FerrersLinda
06-01-2006, 02:08 PM
B.t.w. which member of your cat family is that in your avy, Rose?

*Ljubica*
06-01-2006, 02:18 PM
B.t.w. which member of your cat family is that in your avy, Rose?
That is Frodo - the one I got from the Cat Rescue Centre as a companion for my crazy Caspar. He had grown a bit too old for the rest of the kittens in the Centre because nobody had chosen to take him home :sad: and he was a miserable little soul :sobbing: - but he's fine now - not the most beautiful looking cat in the world but totally adorable and loving :inlove:

As for me (and Javi) - we were on the baseline opposite the players - he was in the 2nd row and I was directly in front of him so I could lean back comfortably when my back hurt :haha: And Linda - sorry - I NEVER kiss and tell :haha: :angel:

RogiFan88
06-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Great you met each other! What fun! Hope DavidF can get to play today... this has to be about the worst RG weather ever... not just cold, but rainy, damp and windy... yuk! Right now I DON'T love Paris in the springtime... :ras:

Eléa
06-01-2006, 02:28 PM
As for me (and Javi) - we were on the baseline opposite the players - he was in the 2nd row and I was directly in front of him so I could lean back comfortably when my back hurt :haha: And Linda - sorry - I NEVER kiss and tell :haha: :angel: :haha: i was on your left but with the "TV cameras" in the middle, i couldn't see you ;)

Linda, i'll pm you soon, i'll need your help... :o

FerrersLinda
06-01-2006, 02:32 PM
As for me (and Javi) - we were on the baseline opposite the players - he was in the 2nd row and I was directly in front of him so I could lean back comfortably when my back hurt :haha: And Linda - sorry - I NEVER kiss and tell :haha: :angel:

Hi Frodo :wavey:

:eek: Rosie, you and Javi where so close to me. If I understand correctly you where on the side of the television cameras next to the wall? I was on they other side of the cameras which explains why I couldn't find Javi anywhere. :mad:
No kissing and telling........ so since you are not telling, does that mean there has been kissing. :confused: :devil: :angel:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2006, 02:42 PM
I can't believe I was so close to the two of you and didn't see you :sad: As for "kiss and tell" - that is for me to know and you to wonder about :devil: - but seriously it's just a Brit expression ;)

Hi :wavey: from Frodo who is sitting on my lap as I write this! He is never far away from me - think he's afraid he'll be sent back to the Rescue Centre :sad: - so all he does is wants to cuddle all day :hug:

RogiFan88
06-01-2006, 03:24 PM
aww... cute Frodo... I saw a news article about a cat being rescued fr the roof of a burning house in US somewhere -- poor thing was running scared all over the roof -- a tricolour cat -- thank God the fireman saved him --- I hate seeing these poor creatures... esp after Katrina last yr w all the dogs and cats on rooftops of houses floating in the water... heartbreaking.

FerrersLinda
06-01-2006, 03:41 PM
:haha: i was on your left but with the "TV cameras" in the middle, i couldn't see you ;)

Linda, i'll pm you soon, i'll need your help... :o

Elea, you where sitting even closer to me. I can't believe I only saw you at the end. :mad:

Please pm me, I will help where I can. :)

And Frodo is one lucky cat to be adopted by such a wonderfull catmother. Does he get along with the rest of the family?

*Ljubica*
06-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Frodo gets along wth everything..........even the large German Shepherd dog that lives across the street! He's a very peacable little creature - he is a little wary of Sasha (my big, old ginger cat) when he's in a bad mood - but then everyone is, because Sasha is KING CAT of all he surveys :cat: And I agree with you RogiFan - I hate all these distressed creatures in situations like that - just glad the cat you mention was rescued.

RogiFan88
06-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Vamos, David! He's up 61 52 deuce right now!

FerrersLinda
06-01-2006, 07:15 PM
He won the first two sets 6-1, 6-4 but play is suspended once again due to the rain. :mad: Looks good tho for a third round. Will that be Rochus(oh no.... :eek: the midget oops seems to be the midgetbrother! ) or Ramirez Hidalgo?

On one hand I hope it will be Ruben because I think he is a easier opponent for David, but on the other I hate it when two friends have to play against eachother. :awww:

RogiFan88
06-01-2006, 07:26 PM
RRH -- CRochus retired on him in the first set...

enqvistfan
06-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Yesterday evening, I watched the 2 first sets of David's match. He's easy and should win today. Vamos :bounce:

Kyla
06-02-2006, 11:48 AM
:woohoo: nice win, David.

Good luck for the match vs. RRH!

Fergie
06-02-2006, 11:51 AM
David won 6-1 6-4 3-6 6-1 :yeah:

FerrersLinda
06-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Good win David!

enqvistfan
06-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Congrats :yeah: and good luck for the next round :bounce:

*Ljubica*
06-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Congrats David :banana: (and Javi of course :p )

FerrersLinda
06-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Congrats David :banana: (and Javi of course :p )

Rosie, don't put more fuel on a already blazing fire. ;)

Rosie and Javi, sitting in a tree.... :lol:

Eléa
06-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Congrats David :angel: (can i congrat my Gaston too? :inlove: ? :p )

Rosie, don't forget we have a deal, you get the coach and i get the player :p ;)

*Ljubica*
06-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Congrats David :angel: (can i congrat my Gaston too? :inlove: ? :p )

Rosie, don't forget we have a deal, you get the coach and i get the player :p ;)
You know I'm more than happy with that arrangement :)

alisia
06-02-2006, 03:58 PM
You know I'm more than happy with that arrangement :)
Not so quick ladies we will have to come to some arrangement over David :devil: Rosie you can keep Javi I like my men younger ;)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo is nothing special,the next match is just like a walkover. :aplot: Good luck to him! :D

Eléa
06-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo is nothing special,the next match is just like a walkover. :aplot: Good luck to him! :D I'm a big fan of Ruben :hug: :rolleyes: i will have to choose...

*Ljubica*
06-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Not so quick ladies we will have to come to some arrangement over David :devil: Rosie you can keep Javi I like my men younger ;)
Well thank you my dear - I promise I'll treat him gently :angel:

FerrersLinda
06-02-2006, 05:50 PM

Maybe we can share David? He goes to another lunatic fan every week? :lol:
And Rosie, I have a soft spot for coaches(Javi, Franco)....could we do the same with Javi? But we have to plan it so I have David and Javi in the same week, so they can continue training. :aplot:

What to tell my husband tho? :scratch:

*Ljubica*
06-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Maybe we can share David? He goes to another lunatic fan every week? :lol:
And Rosie, I have a soft spot for coaches(Javi, Franco)....could we do the same with Javi? But we have to plan it so I have David and Javi in the same week, so they can continue training. :aplot:

What to tell my husband tho? :scratch:
Well THAT is just plain greedy Linda :haha: - though I have my own long line of coaches :aplot: so guess I could loan Javi to you a couple of times a week as long as you treat him well (and don't make him too tired!!)

alisia
06-02-2006, 06:26 PM
My boyfriend has told me I came have David when he is on nights!! So thats 10 nights every 5 weeks or so :)

alisia
06-02-2006, 06:29 PM
David's match is last on court there are a couple of doubles matches

Women's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER)[13] vs. Maria Kirilenko (RUS)[20]

followed by
Men's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
David Ferrer (ESP)[15] vs. Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo (ESP)

*Ljubica*
06-02-2006, 06:30 PM
My boyfriend has told me I came have David when he is on nights!! So thats 10 nights every 5 weeks or so :)
:haha: Then he is VERY understanding! Mine would not be so :sad: - but I'm sure I can have a "girls' night out" with Linda when I want to see Javi - and I can return the favour for her so that her husband doesn't suspect!!!

alisia
06-02-2006, 07:02 PM
:haha: Then he is VERY understanding! Mine would not be so :sad: - but I'm sure I can have a "girls' night out" with Linda when I want to see Javi - and I can return the favour for her so that her husband doesn't suspect!!!
You may say understanding he says long suffering :D however I've got to try & get him Ana Ivanova or Elena Dementiava!!!

alisia
06-02-2006, 07:08 PM
This is off the atp site

Ferrer: "I think I'm playing very well. I'm feeling fine physically and also mentally. As to my expectations, well, nothing in particular. You know, it's what I always say. I have to play each match, each point, give my all. I know there are good matches and other matches where you don't play so well, but I'll give my all."

RogiFan88
06-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Well done, David! Nice to see some Armada guys, like Robredo and R Hidalgo, still in RG besides El Biturbo/Terremoto/Huracan. ;)

*Ljubica*
06-02-2006, 08:33 PM
You may say understanding he says long suffering :D however I've got to try & get him Ana Ivanova or Elena Dementiava!!!
You could always try and get him both - then you would have more free time :p

FerrersLinda
06-02-2006, 09:16 PM

Yeah all for the girls night out! As long as I can find stickwoman Hantuchova for my hubby he won't be thinking of what I am doing! ;)

FerrersLinda
06-02-2006, 09:18 PM
David's match is last on court there are a couple of doubles matches

Women's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER)[13] vs. Maria Kirilenko (RUS)[20]

followed by
Men's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
David Ferrer (ESP)[15] vs. Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo (ESP)

Good luck David.
I won't be able to cheer him on since I will be in a plane on my way home! I'm sure he will give it his all and win this for his chica's on MTF!

VAMOS DAVID

*Ljubica*
06-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Good luck David.
I won't be able to cheer him on since I will be in a plane on my way home! I'm sure he will give it his all and win this for his chica's on MTF!

VAMOS DAVID
Safe journey home Linda :hug: So sorry we didn't meet at RG :sad: And while you're travelling I will work out a plan to set up our respective men with Daniela, Ana and Elena (I think mine would be more than happy with Martina Hingis!) - so that we can set our other plans :aplot: in motion!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-03-2006, 05:39 AM
I'm a big fan of Ruben :hug: :rolleyes: i will have to choose...
Oh! :p It's never easy to see two faves play with each other!I think you will choose Ferrer beacuse he ranks higher and needs points more than his opponent!I think it's time for him to surprise people again! :D (I think in next round he will beat Juan or Ivan!)

Eléa
06-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Oh! :p It's never easy to see two faves play with each other!I think you will choose Ferrer beacuse he ranks higher and needs points more than his opponent!I think it's time for him to surprise people again! :D (I think in next round he will beat Juan or Ivan!) I will choose David because he's my sweet n°2 but i can't be really "against" Ruben :angel: and obviously David has better chance to go far in the tournament so.. Vamoooos David !! but don't kill my Ruben please! :p

sonia
06-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Vamos David!!! :bigclap:

alisia
06-03-2006, 04:49 PM
I will choose David because he's my sweet n°2 but i can't be really "against" Ruben :angel: and obviously David has better chance to go far in the tournament so.. Vamoooos David !! but don't kill my Ruben please! :p
David lost 7-6 7-5 6-4 :sad: Maybe we should have asked Ruben to be gentle with David, looks like he had himself to blame he served for sets 1 & 2. Must now go & try bribe the dog to come out of hiding.

*Ljubica*
06-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Poor David :sad: He lost 6-7(4), 5-7, 4-6 :sobbing: I am :fiery: about this - he could (and should) have beaten Ruben (sorry Elea) .....and, besides, who will give Javi a comforting :hug: if I am not there :sad:

Sue
06-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Oh no! Poor David.....I'm so sorry that he lost this match......I hope he isn't feeling too bad.
:-(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

sonia
06-03-2006, 04:59 PM
:awww: :sad:

Eléa
06-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Don't be sorry Rosie, you are right, David would and should have beaten Ruben but i don't know what happened! i swear i didn't ask St Rita to do anything for Ruben :o
I'm very sad for David, even if i like Ruben, i was for David. I only saw some points of the match so i don't know if David played bad, or if ruben played too good today...maybe David under estimated Ruben? :confused:
Anyway, i think i'm less sad than you so i give a big :hug: to all the Ferrer fans....

*Ljubica*
06-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Don't be sorry Rosie, you are right, David would and should have beaten Ruben but i don't know what happened! i swear i didn't ask St Rita to do anything for Ruben :o
I'm very sad for David, even if i like Ruben, i was for David. I only saw some points of the match so i don't know if David played bad, or if ruben played too good today...maybe David under estimated Ruben? :confused:
Anyway, i think i'm less sad than you so i give a big :hug: to all the Ferrer fans....
:hug: I'm not really sad - just annoyed :devil: I thought this was a great chance for David to go deep into a Grand Slam - and it didn't work out that way :sad: Congrats to Ruben though.

06-03-2006, 06:54 PM
David :sad:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-03-2006, 07:18 PM
I found this result makes me scary. :speakles: When I don't want him to him,he keeps winning,now I was sure he would have won,then he was kicked in 3! :o He has a break in 3rd set,I don't know why he can't hold and lost the serve at 4-4! :eek: Maybe Ruben played well,but I really don't believe that David is only in this level.

Sommarsverige
06-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Poor David :sad:

LaTenista
06-04-2006, 10:19 PM
He won the first two sets 6-1, 6-4 but play is suspended once again due to the rain. :mad: Looks good tho for a third round. Will that be Rochus(oh no.... :eek: the midget oops seems to be the midgetbrother! ) or Ramirez Hidalgo?

On one hand I hope it will be Ruben because I think he is a easier opponent for David, but on the other I hate it when two friends have to play against eachother. :awww:

I was at the match on Thursday night, it was called off due to poor lighting, but it just so happened to start raining a bit about 15 minutes later. :rolleyes:

So sad I couldn't meet you or Rosie or Elea - I didn't see David practice once. I was on the back of the court (where Ferrero was cheering on GGL :o ) and I spotted Elea but I was too far away and it was chaos after the match. :sad:

Eléa
06-05-2006, 06:41 AM
I'm sad we didn't met Isa :sad: Rosie and me tried to find you on tuesday (when David practiced) i was screaming: "Liiiiiinda!?! iiiiiiisa!?!" but you weren't there... :rolleyes: (or you were too ashamed to answer me :lol: )

:awww: I just wanted to let you know how sad i am today... today it's my birthday and i realize that i only have 2 of my favourite players who are still at RG and they have absolutely no chance to win today (Ruben/Lleyton) :sad:

*Ljubica*
06-05-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm sad we didn't met Isa :sad: Rosie and me tried to find you on tuesday (when David practiced) i was screaming: "Liiiiiinda!?! iiiiiiisa!?!" but you weren't there... :rolleyes: (or you were too ashamed to answer me :lol: )

:awww: I just wanted to let you know how sad i am today... today it's my birthday and i realize that i only have 2 of my favourite players who are still at RG and they have absolutely no chance to win today (Ruben/Lleyton) :sad:
I wished you Happy Birthday over in your very own thread n Gastón's Forum - but no harm in saying it again here! And don't be sad - at least you have two players left at RG - I have NONE :banghead: I mean - how on earth did Tommy R. lose to Ancic :eek:

Isa - sorry we didn't meet :sad: And - yes - Eléa was standing by the practice courts screaming your name on Tuesday :haha: - though I admit I was just hanging back a little in my reserved English way :o - guess I was worried that my beloved Javi would think I was a crazy woman.................guess he probably thinks that anyway!!!!

Have a good day everyone :)

Eléa
06-05-2006, 09:52 AM
- Eléa was standing by the practice courts screaming your name on Tuesday :haha: - though I admit I was just hanging back a little in my reserved English way :o - guess I was worried that my beloved Javi would think I was a crazy woman.................guess he probably thinks that anyway!!!! I guess Javier knows me enough now to already think i'm crazy :crazy: but kind :angel:

Thank you for your nice words on the b-day topic, the cats are so cute ;)

*Ljubica*
06-05-2006, 09:55 AM
I guess Javier knows me enough now to already think i'm crazy :crazy: but kind :angel:

Thank you for your nice words on the b-day topic, the cats are so cute ;)
Guess that is probably true - whereas he is still getting to know me ;)

alisia
06-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Happy Birthday Elea

A friend of mines brother saw David play Ruben on Saturday & said that he should have won in 3 but he played the last 3 games of each set really bad & that he didn't look a very happy camper at the end. What is funny is that he sat near Javi who wasn't looking forward to going into the locker room after the match! Just think Rosie you could have given him moral support or something like!!

*Ljubica*
06-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Happy Birthday Elea

A friend of mines brother saw David play Ruben on Saturday & said that he should have won in 3 but he played the last 3 games of each set really bad & that he didn't look a very happy camper at the end. What is funny is that he sat near Javi who wasn't looking forward to going into the locker room after the match! Just think Rosie you could have given him moral support or something like!!
:) I'm sure I could have given him something - though not sure "moral" is the right word to use with the thoughts currently going around in my mind :o :o But seriously - sad to hear that David wasn't happy at the end of the match :sad: but at least he was playing well apart from a few (vital) games - and he is injury free. Hope he can enjoy a few weeks off and regroup for the Summer clay court season. I'm kind of thinking about going to Bastad - so he better be playing well there.

FerrersLinda
06-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Hola chica's :wavey:
I'm back home ..... finally. After 4 weeks away, it's so nice to be home again with my cats and dog.

When I arrived saturday night I straight away went online to check what the score was on David's win over Ruben and.... :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: surprise he lost!
I can't get over it, I'm so :mad: . Rosie like you I thought this was David's chance. I was already looking forward to a semi-final. Damn you David. Maybe it was because none of his girls where still at RG? David next tourney just fly us in, we will be happy to stay as long as you are in the tournament. ;)

Anyway I'm happy for Ramirez-Hidalgo and Elea. Happy birthday Elea, and may your heroes win today. :aparty:

Isa, I'm very sorry to have missed you at RG. Where you sitting next to JCF during David's match? If so you are probably in one of my pictures. I'll go and sort through all 200 of them this afternoon. Did you sit against the wall dividing the seats at the back of the court?

Off to tennispractise now. If you haven't heard from me tomorrow, I probably died of exhaustion on the court. After 4 weeks of no exercise and eating a lot of pie I hope my trainer will be gentle with me. ;)

*Ljubica*
06-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Hola Linda :wavey: Funny - I was only thinking about you today and wondering if you were OK as we hadn't heard from you since you left Europe. Glad you got home safely and that the cats and dogs are well - bet they're happy to have you home. And remember - don't work too hard on the court- David needs his first Super Stalker here on the Forum not collapsed with exhaustion somewhere - so be careful :hug:

alisia
06-05-2006, 03:04 PM
:) I'm sure I could have given him something - though not sure "moral" is the right word to use with the thoughts currently going around in my mind :o :o But seriously - sad to hear that David wasn't happy at the end of the match :sad: but at least he was playing well apart from a few (vital) games - and he is injury free. Hope he can enjoy a few weeks off and regroup for the Summer clay court season. I'm kind of thinking about going to Bastad - so he better be playing well there.

I'm trying to pusuade my boyfriend he really wants to go to Bastad unfortunately he being difficult :mad:

*Ljubica*
06-05-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm trying to pusuade my boyfriend he really wants to go to Bastad unfortunately he being difficult :mad:
All men are difficult - it's in their nature :devil: Our job is to persuade them that whatever we want to do was really their idea all along - not ours :angel: I would only go to Bastad for a couple of days if I go, but I love Sweden and I've heard so many good things about it.

Eléa
06-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Linda :wavey: thank you for the birthday wishes... as you might know, it didn't work! both are lost :lol:

So some of you think about goind to Bastad? i will go to Gstaad, David won't be there but i'm in love with gstaad and Gaston will go there :o

*Ljubica*
06-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Linda :wavey: thank you for the birthday wishes... as you might know, it didn't work! both are lost :lol:

So some of you think about goind to Bastad? i will go to Gstaad, David won't be there but i'm in love with gstaad and Gaston will go there :o
Yes - I know you said some nice things about Gstaad, - and I know it'is very beautiful in that area and I haven't totally ruled it out yet!! But if I had to make a choice that week I would probably go with Bastad because it has a better line-up for me personally...............David (and Javi of course :o ), Tommy Robredo, Jose Acasuso, Agustin Calleri :inlove: etc

FerrersLinda
06-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Hola Linda :wavey: Funny - I was only thinking about you today and wondering if you were OK as we hadn't heard from you since you left Europe. Glad you got home safely and that the cats and dogs are well - bet they're happy to have you home. And remember - don't work too hard on the court- David needs his first Super Stalker here on the Forum not collapsed with exhaustion somewhere - so be careful :hug:

Ferru Super Stalker #1, 100% OK. :yeah: I got to the court and it turned out my trainer is sick! Actually a little disappointed because I really felt like playing and I will now hang on to those extra "holiday" kilo's for a little longer. :mad:

Rosie, I got home saturday night at 12 o'clock and spent the better part of yesterday in bed. After getting up I had to pick up Noodles, do some shopping and clean my house.(welcome back to the real world Linda :( ) When I wanted to turn on my tv it turned out the cable company had disconnected my service because I now have a new credit card (old one stolen by Mcthieves :mad: ) and forgot the mention this little fact to them. I called them and faxed them but I'm still not connected. So I've been having some tennis-free days. :sad:

Sorry about the loses of your guys Elea. They both did better than I would have expected them to do, so don't be sad. :hug:

Bastad and Gstaad he? I'm very jealous. Please ATP hire me to do, I don't give a damn what, just so I can spent my life watching tennis! :aplot:

*Ljubica*
06-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Poor tennis trainer :hug: Hope he gets well soon.

And what exactly have you in mind for your job on the ATP? Perhaps masseuse to David Ferrer would suit you :aplot:

FerrersLinda
06-05-2006, 05:25 PM
And what exactly have you in mind for your job on the ATP? Perhaps masseuse to David Ferrer would suit you :aplot:

I'm not afraid to admit that basically I'm a tennis-groupie, I'll do anything, but if I would have a choice.....masseuse to David or/and Marat would suit me just fine! :angel:

*Ljubica*
06-05-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm not afraid to admit that basically I'm a tennis-groupie, I'll do anything, but if I would have a choice.....masseuse to David or/and Marat would suit me just fine! :angel:
:haha: "and/OR Marat"................. now that IS being greedy. I thought Marat was more than enough for most women!! As for me of course - more of a tennis coach-groupie :angel:

FerrersLinda
06-05-2006, 05:38 PM
:haha: "and/OR Marat"................. now that IS being greedy. I thought Marat was more than enough for most women!! As for me of course - more of a tennis coach-groupie :angel:

Greedy....I could have just said David AND Marat. Or I could have said David, Marat, Juan, Chucho, etc. :mad: As for tennis coaches, I do believe they need some massage therapy to relieve tension and stress. So there might be a job there for you. :aplot: If you don't have time I'll take care of Javi and Franco for you tho! I'm a bit of a coach-groupie too. :ignore:

*Ljubica*
06-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Greedy....I could have just said David AND Marat. Or I could have said David, Marat, Juan, Chucho, etc. :mad: As for tennis coaches, I do believe they need some massage therapy to relieve tension and stress. So there might be a job there for you. :aplot: If you don't have time I'll take care of Javi and Franco for you tho! I'm a bit of a coach-groupie too. :ignore:
Don't worry - I 've been thinking ahead, and my CV has already been handed in to the relevant coaches........:aplot: And I am hoping I may have an interview or two lined up in Bastad!! Franco is a little short for me though - so I can let him go to a good home if you can think of someone who may find him useful - any ideas :angel:

Btw - do you think it would be wise idea to have a proper Chat Thread here on David's Forum - so we didn't have to keep on wrecking the real tennis threads :p What do you think?

Eléa
06-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Can i become the official masseuse of Gaston? :angel:

Btw - do you think it would be wise idea to have a proper Chat Thread here on David's Forum - so we didn't have to keep on wrecking the real tennis threads :p What do you think? :yeah: very good idea :)

alisia
06-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Don't worry - I 've been thinking ahead, and my CV has already been handed in to the relevant coaches........:aplot: And I am hoping I may have an interview or two lined up in Bastad!! Franco is a little short for me though - so I can let him go to a good home if you can think of someone who may find him useful - any ideas :angel:

Btw - do you think it would be wise idea to have a proper Chat Thread here on David's Forum - so we didn't have to keep on wrecking the real tennis threads :p What do you think?

Thats a good idea Rosie we could do an intro thing as well & it would stop people who just wander in thinking that worshippers at the temple of David are strange & like the coach more than the player :devil:

Well if height is a problem then David is too short for me!!! Looks like I will have to keep Carlos & Marat

My brothers boyfriend as agreed to teach me some massage techniques so I can apply for the job & share it with Linda ;)

*Ljubica*
06-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Thats a good idea Rosie we could do an intro thing as well & it would stop people who just wander in thinking that worshippers at the temple of David are strange & like the coach more than the player :devil:

Well if height is a problem then David is too short for me!!! Looks like I will have to keep Carlos & Marat
You talking about me :angel:

OK - so who is going to start it? I am off to eat now so I will leave it in your capable hands!

And as it's your birthday Elea - I'm sure Gastón would be more than happy to have you as his masseuse!!!!

LaTenista
06-05-2006, 07:57 PM
How did you ladies know when David was practicing at RG? In Cincy there's a practice billboard, that rolls through the courts and says who's practicing on each one at what time. I definitely didn't see anything like that at RG. :awww:

*Ljubica*
06-05-2006, 08:18 PM
How did you ladies know when David was practicing at RG? In Cincy there's a practice billboard, that rolls through the courts and says who's practicing on each one at what time. I definitely didn't see anything like that at RG. :awww:
They don't like people to know anything like that at RG :p But there obviously is a practice schedule given to the Security guys - and if you fancy chatting up or bribing a Security Guard ;) (or know someone that knows one of them!) - you can find out. Alternatively - just grab a passing coach and say "when are you practicing?" :angel: Next time you come you must stick with myself or Elea (or both) :p - we will show you the way forward!!!!!

Eléa
06-05-2006, 09:39 PM
They don't like people to know anything like that at RG :p But there obviously is a practice schedule given to the Security guys - and if you fancy chatting up or bribing a Security Guard ;) (or know someone that knows one of them!) - you can find out. Alternatively - just grab a passing coach and say "when are you practicing?" :angel: Next time you come you must stick with myself or Elea (or both) :p - we will show you the way forward!!!!! :haha: totally true :yeah:

LaTenista
06-05-2006, 09:49 PM
They don't like people to know anything like that at RG :p But there obviously is a practice schedule given to the Security guys - and if you fancy chatting up or bribing a Security Guard ;) (or know someone that knows one of them!) - you can find out. Alternatively - just grab a passing coach and say "when are you practicing?" :angel: Next time you come you must stick with myself or Elea (or both) :p - we will show you the way forward!!!!!

Ummm, I'm incredibly shy. I only spoke to Javi because he said thanks to me and all I said back was de nada.

:shrug: That said, without a practice schedule I managed to find Nadal, Mathieu, Safin, Federer, Roddick, Gasquet, Clijsters, Dementieva, Hingis, Ivanovic, Martin, Garcia-Lopez, Lopez, Srichaphan, Moodie, Robredo, Baghdatis, Sluiter, Rusedski, & Novak. Mayer, Verdasco, Chela, Ascione, Kiefer, and Nieminen were all 'running around' or heading to/from practice when I spotted them.

FerrersLinda
06-06-2006, 03:00 AM
Ummm, I'm incredibly shy. I only spoke to Javi because he said thanks to me and all I said back was de nada.

:shrug: That said, without a practice schedule I managed to find Nadal, Mathieu, Safin, Federer, Roddick, Gasquet, Clijsters, Dementieva, Hingis, Ivanovic, Martin, Garcia-Lopez, Lopez, Srichaphan, Moodie, Robredo, Baghdatis, Sluiter, Rusedski, & Novak. Mayer, Verdasco, Chela, Ascione, Kiefer, and Nieminen were all 'running around' or heading to/from practice when I spotted them.

Seems like you did pretty good. I actually stood next to Raemon Sluiter in line to get in to the court where Monaco played Van Gemerden. Sluiter is a very funny guy. He had a good laugh when I told him I felt a little threatened because I was the only Monaco fan. :eek:

Sue
06-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Wow- Isa- thats pretty good going- who needs to know the schedule when you're around!

LaTenista
06-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Seems like you did pretty good. I actually stood next to Raemon Sluiter in line to get in to the court where Monaco played Van Gemerden. Sluiter is a very funny guy. He had a good laugh when I told him I felt a little threatened because I was the only Monaco fan. :eek:

I tried to get into that match but Court 10 only had 1 section of seats and it was impossible. :sad: So I can only say I saw Monaco off-site. :devil:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2006, 01:34 PM
I tried to get into that match but Court 10 only had 1 section of seats and it was impossible. :sad: So I can only say I saw Monaco off-site. :devil:
You didn't miss much - it really wasn't such a great match :devil: Strange about the problems people had getting in - it was packed at the beginning so I wandered off, but I went back at the beginning of the second set and was in the front row centre without even trying so hard.

alisia
05-25-2007, 11:57 AM
The draw is out & it isn't that bad :D

Novak Djokovic SRB (6) - Qualifier
Sam Querrey USA - Qualifier
Jonathan Eysseric FRA - Olivier Patience FRA
Qualifier - Agustin Calleri ARG (26)

Dmitry Tursunov RUS (21) - Alessio Di Mauro ITA
Fernando Verdasco ESP -Qualifier
Robby Ginepri USA - Diego Hartfield ARG
Daniele Bracciali ITA - David Ferrer ESP (12)

Marcos Baghdatis CYP (16) - Sebastien Grosjean FRA
Kristian Pless DEN - Yen-Hsun Lu TPE
Thomas Johansson SWE -Jan Hajek CZE
Qualifier - Dominik Hrbaty SVK (24)

Florian Mayer GER (31) - Paul-Henri Mathieu FRA
Vincent Spadea USA -Gilles Simon FRA
Luis Horna PER - Nicolas Massu CHI
Igor Andreev RUS - Andy Roddick USA (3)

LaTenista
05-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah, Djokovic fourth round and then probably Andreev, Horna, Mathieu, or Grosjean in the QFs.

Vamos David! :bounce:

anna10
05-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Good luck to David at RG! Hope he just continues the great play from the past week in Dusseldorf.

LaTenista
05-28-2007, 09:02 PM
He's last on Court 7 tomorrow. Doubt he'll finish his match unless all previous matches are straights with at least a bagel or two. :tape:

Vamos David!

RogiFan88
05-29-2007, 02:18 PM
allez, David!!!

Sue
05-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Vamos David!!!!!

LaTenista
05-29-2007, 09:16 PM
He was leading 6-1, 6-1 when match was suspended due to darkness.

Sue
05-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks Isa...sorry I've not been here much to keep you company whilst the others are all off gallivanting round Paris, but have been especially busy at work this week covering for my boss who's heavily pregnant. Looking forward to hearing some David stories from the chicas SOON!
xx

RogiFan88
05-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Nice win over Hartfield, David 64 63 76(4)!!!! Onto the 3rd round!!

Sue
05-31-2007, 05:37 PM
David v. Diego must have been a verrrrrrrrry purty match. Hope the chicastook lots of photos!
VAMOS DAVID!!

alisia
05-31-2007, 06:16 PM
David v. Diego must have been a verrrrrrrrry purty match. Hope the chicastook lots of photos!
VAMOS DAVID!!

:wavey:

Hello from a very wet Paris :D

My god Sue you are so right it was a very attractive match because Diego is a very pretty boy & I may have taken a few photos of him as well as David of course ;) No Javi thou he sat right behind me but Adam took a quick one for you :devil:

David was ok but he made it very hard for himself getting broken in every set & when serving for the match :rolleyes: I told Linda to come back & give him a slap

Sue
05-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Bonsoir Ali! Nice to hear from you! Diego is indeed a dolly isn't he? Glad to hear you took pics of Team ferrer- looking forward to seeing them AND hearing all about yout trip.
Allez David!

alisia
06-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Bonsoir Ali! Nice to hear from you! Diego is indeed a dolly isn't he? Glad to hear you took pics of Team ferrer- looking forward to seeing them AND hearing all about yout trip.
Allez David!

Hi Sue :wavey:

His first match was rather uninspiring to be honest the only excitement was the 3 of us legging it from court 7 where Gaudio decided to make a comeback to court 14 :D We then shared a court with Javi & his trainer & about 4 other people :rolleyes: He was very business like taking just over a hour to win. His second match was a lot more workman like but the result wasn't ever really in doubt after the first set because Hartfield paniced in every set once he went a break up :o He did however have quite a heavy fall at the beginning of the 3rd set skinning his elbow & knee :awww: that did however stop him running in for dropshots for a couple of games. I took a few phots but not as many as usual because Javi was sat behind me & I didn't want to take Linda's title of stalker away from her :D

RogiFan88
06-03-2007, 04:02 PM
:sad: I'm sorry that David lost yesterday but at least it's to another good guy in Fer. Since they never showed his matches, I have no idea what happened in that match.

I hope David can do well on the grass! Hey, Sue, is he still playing Liverpool??

Sue
06-03-2007, 06:30 PM
:sad: I'm sorry that David lost yesterday but at least it's to another good guy in Fer. Since they never showed his matches, I have no idea what happened in that match.

I hope David can do well on the grass! Hey, Sue, is he still playing Liverpool??

Yep- still coming to Liverpool in 2 weeks! I can't wait!
xx

alisia
05-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Main Draw & it ain't that bad :D

[1] Federer vs Querrey
Montanes vs Vliegen
Q vs Q
Ancic vs [31] Seppi
[20] Karlovic vs Falla
Benneteau vs Spadea
Zverev vs Q
Soderling vs [13] Monaco

[9] Wawrinka vs Kohlschreiber
Cilic vs Haase
Q vs Volandri
Cuevas vs [24] Gonzalez
[27] Andreev vs Starace
Young vs Ginepri
Sela vs Hanescu
Serra vs [8] Gasquet

[4] Davydenko vs Johansson
Q vs Safin
Q vs Mannarino
Prodon vs [28] Ljubicic
[23] Ferrero vs Daniel
Melzer vs Luczak
Monfils vs Clement
Q vs [14] Tsonga

[12] Robredo vs Coria
Troicki vs Gicquel
Q vs Vanek
Simon vs [21] Stepanek
[25] Hewitt vs Mahut
Calleri vs Fish
Santoro vs Mayer
Darcis vs [5] Ferrer

LaTenista
05-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Always in Feds half :rolleyes: Though I guess the good news is Djokovic is in Rafa's half so won't be a Nole-Rafa final.

danielmom
05-23-2008, 03:09 PM
I am really happy with his draw. I just knew he would be in Fed's 1/4 so I'm glad he's in Davydenko's 1/4. If he plays well I think he has a chance to bet Davy and make the semis. Of course he needs to get to the 1/4 first.

kimberlleyton
05-24-2008, 02:57 PM
I am really happy with his draw.

I am just a little worried about the first round. Darcis is a good newcomer and he likes win against the best player.

But also, I am so HAPPY that RG begins. I have tickets for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, so I am almost sure that I will see my favorites players, including David :hearts:

FerrersLinda
05-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Have fun KimberlyLleyton!