Strutting Around Champs Elysées and the Chucho show in Roland Garros [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Strutting Around Champs Elysées and the Chucho show in Roland Garros

Action Jackson
05-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Since it's Roland Garros and the world championship for Chucho went it comes to Slams, this one deserves it's own thread.

He better stay awake and be prepared to run a lot and not get frustrated as he plays the French magician Fabrice Santoro in the 1st round.

Then the winner of Dlouhy or Vliegen.

Good luck Stoner time to peak here.

Aleka
05-26-2006, 03:06 PM
:woohoo: ROLAND GARROS is here and Chucho is gonna rock!!!!! :yeah:

If he plays like in Hamburg and keeps his head clear, Snatoro doesn't stand a chance!!!!

VAAAMOOOOOS!!!!!!!!!! :rocker2:

marti_228
05-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Good luck Chucho!!

He will play on Sunday.

maria87
05-27-2006, 12:57 AM
good luck, Chucho, that will be a though one...be calm, stay focused and look great as the last performances, not sleepy at all... :wavey:

chicky841
05-27-2006, 03:18 AM
Good Luck Chucho!!

nice thread title...

maria87
05-27-2006, 01:32 PM
He is scheduled on Sunday fourth match on Chatrier court...what a level, Chucho!! same day, same court after Federer :) :D Vamos Chucho!!!!, please defeat Santoro!! would be it possible?

Choupi
05-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Well, this had to happen one day. There are big chances I can see that match. All I hope is that Chucho goes really far in the draw if he beats Fabrice. That's all I will say.

maria87
05-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Well, this had to happen one day. There are big chances I can see that match. All I hope is that Chucho goes really far in the draw if he beats Fabrice. That's all I will say.

:yeah: thanks, Choupi, for your kind generosity! enjoy the match, i hope i can see it too.

maria87
05-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Chucho is doing really well till now: 6-3, 4-1 :)

maria87
05-28-2006, 05:10 PM
5-1, HE BORKE AGAIN!! :) But 0-30 now...come on chucho! vamos!

maria87
05-28-2006, 05:10 PM
5-1, HE BROKE AGAIN!! :) But 0-30 now...come on chucho! vamos!

reporters say Chucho's game is superb today! :D

maria87
05-28-2006, 05:15 PM
6-1! he looks calm, comfortable and secure....wow,chucho, wow! congrats! :wavey:

maria87
05-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Santoro broke him in the thirds :mad: :mad: i hate the tricky game of Santoro...shame, Chucho, please don't let him take confidence!

maria87
05-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Chucho was 4-2 in the fifth when they suspended because the light was gone!
hope he could finish it quickly! i don't know, he lost concentration and let Santoro come back and lost the third and the fourht sets..he needs to recover velocity and strenght in his shots down the line and so Santoro will be ended.
Vamos Chucho mañana!!

Choupi
05-29-2006, 04:31 AM
That's what was to expect. Fab is known to turn many players totally crazy, with his specific game. Chucho is no exception to that rule. Though he outplayed Fab in the 2 first sets, he got frustrated from the moment he saw that Fab didn't give up his tricks (note he never does). The tactic finally started paying. And they soonish found themselves in the 5th set. Chucho was having the lead again on Fab, but they had to stop because it was getting too dark to play. Would have been a win for sure if they had kept on playing. But today is another day.

Action Jackson
05-29-2006, 04:44 AM
Chucho just needs to hold two service games and that's all he needs to do and as for being patient, it's even more important against Santoro, as that's what he wants and how he frustrates other players.

As long as Chucho stays calm and serves well and wait for his chances, then he will come through.

Choupi
05-29-2006, 04:45 AM
The end of the match will be played on Chatrier, after Grosjean vs Pavel.

Action Jackson
05-29-2006, 05:13 AM
Thanks for that Choupi and hopefully the end will be quick.

maria87
05-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Chucho just needs to hold two service games and that's all he needs to do and as for being patient, it's even more important against Santoro, as that's what he wants and how he frustrates other players.

As long as Chucho stays calm and serves well and wait for his chances, then he will come through.

yes. of course...one good thing is that on first game he has to receive, so he can warm up before serving...He should stay calm and focused as he did during the 2 first sets. He played great tennis out there! :)

maria87
05-29-2006, 11:33 AM
That's what was to expect. Fab is known to turn many players totally crazy, with his specific game. Chucho is no exception to that rule. Though he outplayed Fab in the 2 first sets, he got frustrated from the moment he saw that Fab didn't give up his tricks (note he never does). The tactic finally started paying. And they soonish found themselves in the 5th set. Chucho was having the lead again on Fab, but they had to stop because it was getting too dark to play. Would have been a win for sure if they had kept on playing. But today is another day.

I am glad that you could see the match, Choupi :) agree with you, same thing i saw

don't you hate Fab's trick? or do you like his game?

The press is finally paying attention on Chucho's game after all these years! that's is a good thing!

Choupi
05-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Both players are on the court, warming up.

Choupi
05-29-2006, 12:53 PM
don't you hate Fab's trick? or do you like his game?

Maria, look at my signature. :)

Choupi
05-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Ok. Here we are. After 3h57 Chucho finally takes it with 6/3 6/1 3/6 1/6 11/9. When you remember they were 4/2 when they began to play today, you can easily understand when I say it's been tense. Beautiful end of match, from both players. Really, it wasn't easy for Chucho, as Fab was using all his tricks again, and the entire crowd was for him. But Chucho resisted, didn't get frustrated and finally kept cool enough to put a W after his name. Great friendly shake of hands at the end of the match.

maria87
05-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Ok. Here we are. After 3h57 Chucho finally takes it with 6/3 6/1 3/6 1/6 11/9. When you remember they were 4/2 when they began to play today, you can easily understand when I say it's been tense. Beautiful end of match, from both players. Really, it wasn't easy for Chucho, as Fab was using all his tricks again, and the entire crowd was for him. But Chucho resisted, didn't get frustrated and finally kept cool enough to put a W after his name. Great friendly shake of hands at the end of the match.

i just got home!!!! BRAVO CHUCHO!! and thanks, Choupi for the report! i recorded the match so i will see it late, with all my joy!
:bigclap: :clap2: :yeah: :yippee: :dance:
i am very proud of him, how he resisted in central court with all the public against him, he stayed calm finally and his game prevailed!

GRANDE CHUCHO!!! time si coming finally for you!! :worship:

Choupi
05-29-2006, 07:47 PM
ii am very proud of him, how he resisted in central court with all the public against him, he stayed calm finally and his game prevailed!
Well Maria, I know the Parisian crowd is known to be pretty mean, or at least upsetting when a player plays a Frenchie, especially on the Center Court, but believe me, it hasn't been the case at all. They were all behind Fab for sure and it is more than understandeable. Yet, they haven't had that petty and naughty behaviour towards Chucho. I wouldn't say the crowd was against him actually. For once, I'm pretty proud of my fellows and of their behaviour today. But you'll see it on your own, when you see the match. Enjoy!! :)

Lina
05-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Well done to Chucho today, although I had about 5 heart attacks during the last few games. =) Impressive stuff!

aiwen_mei
05-30-2006, 05:38 AM
I like both of Chucho & the magician Santoro. Just saw the match when it was 10-9, very excited indeed.

Go Chucho

Action Jackson
05-30-2006, 05:58 AM

Yes, well some of us appreciate Santoro's game and this for sure would have been very tough for you, but this is tennis.

The crowd weren't a problem at all and Chucho has played Massu in Chile and that is tougher than most places and handled that easily.

That shot by Santoro returning a full blooded smash from behind his back while standing on the service line :worship: :worship:

Good feeling at the end of the match and even better Chucho getting the W.

Choupi
05-30-2006, 06:28 AM
Yes, well some of us appreciate Santoro's game and this for sure would have been very tough for you, but this is tennis.
I can't deny it's been tough at times, especially that 5th set. But the best of the 2 on that day just won and that's what it counts. Offering us a great show. :)
That shot by Santoro returning a full blooded smash from behind his back while standing on the service line :worship: :worship:
Nico Escudé was commenting the match, and I have to say that he was admirative. But in his mouth, unlike some other commentators, I know it was justified.

maria87
05-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Well Maria, I know the Parisian crowd is known to be pretty mean, or at least upsetting when a player plays a Frenchie, especially on the Center Court, but believe me, it hasn't been the case at all. They were all behind Fab for sure and it is more than understandeable. Yet, they haven't had that petty and naughty behaviour towards Chucho. I wouldn't say the crowd was against him actually. For once, I'm pretty proud of my fellows and of their behaviour today. But you'll see it on your own, when you see the match. Enjoy!! :)

oh, Choupi, don't get me wrong!! maybe my English! i didn't want to say the crowd was mean to him, i just wanted to remark that all the crowd, and it is understable as you say, were for Fabrice! that's all! but i see they were very polite and they clapped Chucho on his best points and in the end of the match...and he and Fabrice shaked hands in a very nice way...it wasn't against French people my comment, Choupi :) i just tried to remark that it wasn't easy for Chucho and he fought and won with heart and tennis. :wavey:

Action Jackson
05-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Chucho is playing the first match on Court 16 against Lukas Dlouhy. He should win, but Dlouhy can serve well and as long as Chucho can return well then he should have this match in control.

Choupi
05-30-2006, 05:37 PM
oh, Choupi, don't get me wrong!! maybe my English! i didn't want to say the crowd was mean to him, i just wanted to remark that all the crowd, and it is understable as you say, were for Fabrice! that's all! but i see they were very polite and they clapped Chucho on his best points and in the end of the match...and he and Fabrice shaked hands in a very nice way...it wasn't against French people my comment, Choupi :) i just tried to remark that it wasn't easy for Chucho and he fought and won with heart and tennis. :wavey:
Glad we could clear this up Maria.

As for tomorrow's match, as always, I won't be home to see it. So hope Chucho wins and I have my fingers crossed I can see him on Friday, live from the Chatrier Court, against Robredo!!

bad gambler
05-31-2006, 03:29 AM
Hopefully Chucho will win in 3 and I expect him to as well

aiwen_mei
05-31-2006, 05:21 AM
Go Chucho

maria87
05-31-2006, 12:06 PM
Glad we could clear this up Maria.

As for tomorrow's match, as always, I won't be home to see it. So hope Chucho wins and I have my fingers crossed I can see him on Friday, live from the Chatrier Court, against Robredo!!

glad me too, Choupi :)

today i cannot see it either but i will record it...and so i can tell you some general comment after see it tonight

i hope he can continue the wins!

ReturnWinner
05-31-2006, 05:44 PM
very painful loss for jose :sad:loss 46 76(2) 63 61 in second round to lucas dloulhy not the most difficult opponet to face. he had
a huge advantage of 64 *52 30 0 dunno what happened ,

maybe he ran out of gas or an injury

Choupi
05-31-2006, 07:44 PM
I have absolutely no idea what happened. :shrug: I hope he's not injured. :awww:

maria87
05-31-2006, 09:42 PM
I have absolutely no idea what happened. :shrug: I hope he's not injured. :awww:

what happened?? i just got home and saw the result!! cannot beleive! :sad: :eek: i hope too he is not injured

maria87
05-31-2006, 09:51 PM
From the press

José Acasuso, en tanto, se despidió sorpresivamente frente al ignoto , quien se impuso con parciales de 4-6, 7-6 (2), 6-3 y 6-1. El misionero jugó un primer set acorde a su buen presente, pero luego estuvo totalmente desconocido: falló muchísimo desde el fondo de la cancha, no fue desequilibrante con sus tiros y siempre se encontró a la defensiva.

brief translation: José Acasuso said good bay surprisingly to RG defeated by the unkowen checo Lukas Dlouhy (86°)...The native from Misiones played a first set according to his actual good game but then he turned into an unknowen player: failed a lot from the baseline, didn't have surprise on his shots and played always from a defensive position. :confused: :sad:

why Chucho is like that? he has not consistency, one day brilliant, the other losing to an unknowen...too much pressure? Even last year he did a better Roland Garros, what a shame...

aiwen_mei
06-01-2006, 02:27 AM
:sad: Ohh dear, what happened to Chucho ? Hopefully he's all right anyway.

bad gambler
06-01-2006, 02:58 AM
I'm at a loss

Action Jackson
06-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Chucho had this match so under control and he probably thought that as well and this is what happens when you don't play it out.

He has 2 breaks of serve in the 2nd set as well and it seems he was looking ahead instead of focusing on the job at hand.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2006, 09:56 AM
No he is not injured Choupi. From what I've heard, he was just "mentally fatigued" and didn't feel comfortable and couldn't concentrate. And at the risk of being trashed by people saying I am cynical and hard - my reaction to that is "get over it" :rolleyes: "Mental fatigue" comes when you're a struggling single Mother, working full time and bringing up 3 or 4 kids on your own without enough money to pay your bills - and you can't afford to have a bad day at the office or lose concentration in your work, or you would lose your job and be even worse off!. These tennis boys are so spoilt it's untrue:devil: Ok - rant over.

Choupi
06-01-2006, 10:18 AM
No he is not injured Choupi. From what I've heard, he was just "mentally fatigued" and didn't feel comfortable and couldn't concentrate. And at the risk of being trashed by people saying I am cynical and hard - my reaction to that is "get over it" :rolleyes: "Mental fatigue" comes when you're a struggling single Mother, working full time and bringing up 3 or 4 kids on your own without enough money to pay your bills - and you can't afford to have a bad day at the office or lose concentration in your work, or you would lose your job and be even worse off!. These tennis boys are so spoilt it's untrue:devil: Ok - rant over.
Oh ok. I see. Thanks Rosie. Well, that's what I was fearing. How frustrating. But you know I have a crush on frustrating players!! ;)

Action Jackson
06-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Well Chucho failed in his objective. This is his big event of the year that they plan to peak for and he failed this time around and leading a set and 5-1 and losing in 4, not good.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Oh ok. I see. Thanks Rosie. Well, that's what I was fearing. How frustrating. But you know I have a crush on frustrating players!! ;)
Yes I know you do :hug: Whereas I am far too impatient for them :devil:

Choupi
06-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Chucho associated to Prieto will play Bhupathi/Malisse.

Choupi
06-01-2006, 07:29 PM
They're 2nd match on Court 10. If Gaston isn't too long against Ferrero, I should see a big part of that match!! :bounce:

Action Jackson
06-02-2006, 05:57 AM
Vamos Chucho, time to do well here.

Aleka
06-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Chuchoooo :sobbing: still can't believe Dlouhy beat him :ras:....Robredo must destroy him :devil:...in the mean time, Chucho and Sebi will do some damage in doubles :woohoo: VAMOS MUCHACHOS!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: A doubles GS title isn't too bad, now is it?! :p Plus, that would assure they're presance at the Doubles Masters Cup in november ;)

I'm very optimistic today, aren't I??? :lol:

michelleg
06-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi all, finally got a computer (I killed yet another laptop in Paris) and can give you a report on the Dlouhy match.

To begin, the weather was horrid, he came out looking lackluster and disinterested....after sleepwalking in the first set, he seemed to come alive in the second. However, Dlouhy had a response for everything (human backboard,) was hitting unbelievable winners and was generally frustrating the shite out of Chucho. Honestly, it was an entire mental breakdown, and in the end, he was paying as much attention to the match as I was. (Kay, so Diego Hartfield came in to watch and Julien Benneteau was playing doubles on the court behind us....that was my excuse)

I have photies from the match, but wont be able to post them until later next week...but promise to share them all with you.

Choupi
06-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the short report Michelle. Sorry for the laptop. I was in RG yesterday but unfortunately couldn't see Chucho playing with Prieto. The court was overcrowded, and, as strange as it may seem, ppl seemed to be willing to stay and watch that match. All I could see was the top of Chucho's head, above the fence. :awww: I heard they lost the match.

Aleka
06-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Michelle can't wait for the photos!!!! thank you so much for the report :smooch: though it was really sad reading it :sobbing:

can't believe he lost in dounles too :bigcry: