Roland Garros - Into third round!! :D [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roland Garros - Into third round!! :D

<Eve>
05-24-2006, 04:24 PM
As this is the main question for all of us, i decided to open a new thread..

For all the news about tommy & RG!!

The last news i've found is of sunday, may 21st:
Germany’s Tommy Haas, out of sorts with an allergy, has pulled out of the ATP World Team Championship starting here on Sunday. “I really wanted to play in Dusseldorf but my doctors have advised against it,” said the 28-year-old who was forced to retire from his first round match against Sweden’s Robin Soderling at the Hamburg Masters on Tuesday. The world number 24 is also doubtful for the French Open which starts in Paris on May 28.

We already know all of this so I hope there will be news soon!!!!! :unsure:

05-24-2006, 05:30 PM
A good question Tommy Girl. And you're right we have already heard that news. But I can't figure out why we haven't heard more? I'm guessing that he won't be playing at RG, but that is just a guess on my part :sad:

Björki
05-24-2006, 07:35 PM
He travelled to Paris today I heard on German TV.
But he isn't 100% okay yet.

05-24-2006, 07:54 PM
He travelled to Paris today I heard on German TV.
But he isn't 100% okay yet.
My goodness I hope he doesn't try to play RG when he isn't well :eek: I think that is part of his problem he keeps trying to play rather than give himself time to get completely well :rolleyes:

Alexiana
05-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Tommy is in the Main Draw, so I think he fells good enough to play, and drawing Rainer in the first round is almost like having a bye round :lol:

Roger Federer(SUI/1) - Arnaud Clement(FRA
Qualifikant - Justin Gimelstob(USA)
Gilles Muller(LUX) - Max Mirnyi(BLR)
Xavier Malisse(BEL) - Nicolas Massu(CHI/32)

Tomas Berdych(CZE/20) - Feliciano Lopez(ESP)
Qualifikant - Filippo Volandri(ITA)
Marc Gicquel(FRA/WC) - Alessio Di Mauro(ITA)
Jürgen Melzer(AUT) - Nicolas Kiefer(13)
Mario Ancic(CRO/12) - Nathan Healey(AUS/WC)
Paul Capdeville(CHI) - Greg Rusedski(GBR)
Florian Mayer - Qualifikant
Albert Montanes(ESP) - Robby Ginepri(USA/17)

Jose Acasuso(ARG/2 - Fabrice Santoro(FRA)
Lukas Dlouhy(CZE) - Kristof Vliegen(BEL)
Boris Pashanski(SCG) - Victor Hanescu(ROM)
Tomas Zib(CZE) - Tommy Robredo(ESP/7)

David Nalbandian(ARG/3) - Stanislaw Wawrinka(SUI)
Richard Gasquet(FRA) - Yeu-Tzuoo Wang(TPE)
Kenneth Carlsen(DEN) - Tim Henman(GBR)
Jiri Novak(CZE) - Dmitry Tursunov(RUS/31)

Sebastien Grosjean(FRA/21) - Andrei Pavel(ROM)
Qualifikant - Paul Goldstein(USA)
Wesley Moodie(RSA) - Nicolas Lapentti(ECU)
Raemon Sluiter(NED) - Jarkko Nieminen(FIN/16)

Gaston Gaudio(ARG/10) - Qualifikant
Andreas Seppi(ITA) - Qualifikant
Oliver Marach(AUT) - Philipp Kohlschreiber
Qualifikant - Juan-Carlos Ferrero(ESP/24)

Carlos Moya(ESP/30) - Juan-Antonio Marin(CRC)
Qualifikant - Mikhail Youzhny(RUS)
Falvio Saretta(BRA) - Potito Starace(ITA)
Vincent Spadea(USA) - Nikolay Davydenko(RUS/6)

Andy Roddick(USA/5) - Alberto Martin(ESP)
Qualifikant - Razvan Sabau(ROM)
Nicolas Mahut(FRA) - Jiri Vanek(CZE)
Jean-Christophe Faurel(WC) - Olivier Rochus(BEL/27)

Marcos Baghdatis(CYP/19) - Albert Portas(ESP)
Janko Tipsarevic(SCG) - Julien Benneteau(FRA)
Daniele Bracciali(ITA) - Davide Sanguinetti(ITA)
Michael Llodra(FRA/WC) - Radek Stepanek(CZE/11)

David Ferrer(ESP/15) - Guillermo Garcia-Lopez(ESP)
Jonas Bjorkman(SWE) - Jeremy Chardy(FRA/WC)
Thierry Ascione(FRA/WC) - Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo(ESP)
Christophe Rochus(BEL) - Thomas Johansson(SWE/1

Fernando Verdasco(ESP/2 - Juan-Ignacio Chela(ARG)
Juan Monaco(ARG) - Qualifikant
Qualifikant - Gilles Simon(FRA)
Carlos Berlocq(ARG) - Ivan Ljubicic(CRO/4)

James Blake(USA/ - Paradorn Srichaphan(THA)
Nicolas Almagro(ESP) - Qualifikant
Qualifikant - Qualifikant
Andy Murray(GBR) - Gael Monfils(FRA/25)

Tommy Haas(23) - Rainer Schüttler
Alexander Waske - Fernando Vicente(ESP)
Novak Djokovic(SCG) - Luis Horna(PER)
Marat Safin(RUS) - Fernando Gonzalez(CHI/9)

Lleyton Hewitt(AUS/14) - Jan Hernych(CZE)
Mathieu Montcourt(FRA/WC) - Marcos Daniel(BRA)
Ivo Karlovic(CRO) - Olivier Patience(FRA/WC)
Qualifikant - Dominik Hrbaty(SVK/22)

Paul-Henri Mathieu(FRA/29) - Björn Phau
Robin Vik(CZE) - Florent Serra(FRA)
Qualifikant - Qualifikant
Robin Söderling(SWE) - Rafael Nadal(ESP/2)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
05-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Tommy is in the Main Draw, so I think he fells good enough to play, and drawing Rainer in the first round is almost like having a bye round :lol:
:rolls: Poor Rainer!

I think he will win 2/3 matches. :) Fena and Almagro are tough players on clay.
If he has any problems he better listen to Doctor's advice! :)

TommyB.
05-26-2006, 07:33 PM
All the best for Tommy!! I hope he have a good condition after this problems and can defend the points he got last year!

Btw - Schuettler had also some problems with an illness this week. I hope they have enough doctors on court! ;)

Auf gehts Tommy!! :angel:

05-26-2006, 07:34 PM
I must admit I wish he wasn't going to try to play at less than 100%. And Alexiana I once bet against Rainer and wouldn't you know it he won :smash: :banghead: :ras:

enqvistfan
05-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Good luck to Tommy :bounce:
Hope he'll be ok :)

05-27-2006, 05:50 AM
I hope he will be O.K. also, but I still wish he would take some time off.
Auf geht's Tommy :)

Alexiana
05-27-2006, 11:54 AM
:rolls: Poor Rainer!

I think he will win 2/3 matches. :) Fena and Almagro are tough players on clay.
If he has any problems he better listen to Doctor's advice! :)

The matches I saw of Fena in Düsseldorf were more than poor....horrible one could say :rolleyes:

edit: I meant Verdasco :lol:

Alexiana
05-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Tommy updated his Homepage:

Nach meinen gesundheitlichen Schwierigkeiten während des Turniers am Hamburger Rothenbaum, geht es mir allmählich besser.

Ich bin seit Mittwoch abend in Paris und bereite mich zusamen mit meinem Coach Thomas Hogstedt derzeit auf die French Open vor. Es kommt in der 1. Runde zum insgesamt 7. Duell mit Rainer Schüttler. In der Bilanz führt der Shaker zwar mit 4:2 Siegen, aber die letzten beiden Matches konnte ich gewinnen. Bei den US Open 2005 habe ich ihn zuletzt in der 2. Runde mit 7:6, 6:2, 6:0 geschlagen.

Rainer konnte wegen eines Grippevirus in der vergangenen Woche beim ATP-Turnier in Pörtschach nicht antreten. Er ist gesundheitlich also auch ein wenig angeschlagen. Drei Tage bleiben uns noch, um uns zu regenieren. Ich hoffe, dass sich bis dahin meine Blutwerte wieder normalisiert haben.

He is feeling better and hopes his blood results will be normal till Wednesday when he will face Rainer.

enqvistfan
05-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi,
I saw Tommy today at his match at the Benny Berthet Day. He lost to Björkman. I haven't seen all the match because I was at another match at that moment. But, a friend of mine attended to the match and she's not very optimistic for the first round. I really hope he'll manage to defeat Rainer, I know that Rainer was sick lately, so maybe, we can have a hope.

I'll post some pictures later, tonight I don't have the time. We hope to see him tomorrow :)

he's courageous to play in Paris

Alexiana
05-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Hi,
I saw Tommy today at his match at the Benny Berthet Day. He lost to Björkman. I haven't seen all the match because I was at another match at that moment. But, a friend of mine attended to the match and she's not very optimistic for the first round. I really hope he'll manage to defeat Rainer, I know that Rainer was sick lately, so maybe, we can have a hope.

I'll post some pictures later, tonight I don't have the time. We hope to see him tomorrow :)

he's courageous to play in Paris

lost to Björkmann :lol: good news, now I'm really optimistic :lol:

05-28-2006, 01:34 AM
I still don't know what was the problem with his blood tests? And I still don't think he should be trying to play, but I guess that's Tommy :)Maybe we need to find Sandy and tell her she had better start taking better care of Tommy or there are others who will :aplot:

<Eve>
05-28-2006, 07:06 AM
I think we'll just have to wait and see!! Come on Tommy!! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
He just has to play! 100% healthy or not it doesn't matter... just play :p

Alexiana
05-28-2006, 12:12 PM
I think once he is on a big court he will start concentrating and win ;)
Go Tommy!!!

05-28-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm sorry I just don't like any player going into any Tournament when they are less than 100% healthy, but I know it happens a lot :sad: So Auf geht's to Tommy :) Maybe if he could get some wins he would feel better :D

<Eve>
05-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Tommy has to play on Court 1 at 11:00am!!

I doubt if we can see him on tv because Hingis has to play on court chatrier... and on the other Myskina has to play.....
I hope Eurosport will switch between the matches!!! :angel:

Alexiana
05-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Tommy has to play on Court 1 at 11:00am!!

I doubt if we can see him on tv because Hingis has to play on court chatrier... and on the other Myskina has to play.....
I hope Eurosport will switch between the matches!!! :angel:

I'm pretty sure, they will show Tommy in Germany :)

TommyB.
05-29-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm pretty sure, they will show Tommy in Germany :)

really? I´m not sure if Eurosport shows the whole match. :shrug:

They showed only 2 sets of Kiwi´s match today.

enqvistfan
05-29-2006, 08:47 PM

Have you ever played without beeing at 100 % healthy ??? I saw Tommy at his training yesterday and I can assure you that he's very courageous to be in Paris. I don't know if some of you has ever been allergic in their lives, but try to play, and I'm sure that you won't even take your racket to try and you 'll prefer staying in your bed :zzz:

I'm sure Tommy is still focused on his tennis and he'll do his best for his fans who will attend to the match (my friend will be there), and for the people who have paid their tickets, just because he's professional. He will play, the Haas "fans", should be at least happy !!!

I wish him all the best and really hope that he'll defeat Rainer !! :bounce:

Sad that the match will be on Court 1, it's stupid !!

05-30-2006, 12:14 AM
That's my point he shouldn't be playing he is still sick! But Tommy gets badly treated either way. If he doesn't play people are unhappy.
And if he plays and loses people are unhappy. But how do they expect him to win when he is sick :rolleyes: If they would let him get well and get the form back he had earlier in the year; he would be winning again and everyone could be happy :) But no people won't do that :ras:

enqvistfan
05-30-2006, 03:35 AM
That's my point he shouldn't be playing he is still sick! But Tommy gets badly treated either way. If he doesn't play people are unhappy.
And if he plays and loses people are unhappy. But how do they expect him to win when he is sick :rolleyes: If they would let him get well and get the form back he had earlier in the year; he would be winning again and everyone could be happy :) But no people won't do that :ras:

I just wanted to say that he did his best to play :) If he decides to play, it's that he thinks that he has a possibility to win. Good luck to Tommy !! Now, I go to RG to buy tickets for the match. Wish me good luck :)

05-30-2006, 08:58 AM
I wish you luck in getting your RG tickets. But I really don't see how Tommy or any tennis player can think they have much chance of winning if they aren't healthy. Now if it was a team sport the other team members could help, but in singles tennis there is no one else that can be depended on. Oh course. Tommy will be playing Rainer who has been sick himself recently. This match may come down to the last man left standing. I don't think it will be pretty by any means.

<Eve>
05-30-2006, 11:02 AM
:worship: :worship:

:woohoo: Tommy won!!!!!!!! 6-4 6-3 6-3
Yeaaahh!!

I'm so glad! I think his play looked really good, he finally had a tan ( ;) ), his serve was really strong and also the rest of his play!!
I'm relieved!! He looked really great and also healthy :D :D

<Eve>
05-30-2006, 11:03 AM
So i think i should change the title of the thread now :D

:woohoo:

Alexiana
05-30-2006, 01:03 PM
Yeah :bigclap: He won!!!!! And he didn't seem to have problems with his allerg< anymore. I'm so relieved. I wasn't very optimistic of him playing good, but he did. He never really let go of the game :) Great. Now he will face Waske, which is very good, cause Waske isn't exactly what you would call a claycourter ;) I'm really happy for Tommy and I hope he will reach Round 3!!!!!!!!

Go Tommy

Alexiana
05-30-2006, 01:05 PM
really? I´m not sure if Eurosport shows the whole match. :shrug:

They showed only 2 sets of Kiwi´s match today.

ok, I was wrong :( I just don't get when they can decide and when not.

Jogy
05-30-2006, 01:43 PM
YEAH TOMMY! :banana: :yeah:
that was really too easy :)
crap draw continue, because next is Waske now
I'm sure Tommy not is comfortable to play all the Germans so early :(

Jogy
05-30-2006, 01:47 PM
They did not show Kiefer complete yesterday because it was easy and not much entertaining 3 set win and later the other court had a overtime 5 set match that played behind 6:6. If not this match or other good matches, I think they always wants to show German players when they play on a court with TV cameras.

TommyB.
05-30-2006, 02:29 PM

It doesn´t matter, main thing he win! :yeah: Eurosport can´t prefer the Germans i think.

I`m really happy to hear that Tommy had no problems today. Oh and Alex is waiting now...hope they put them on Chatrier and we can see this match on tv. ;)

Alexiana
05-30-2006, 07:14 PM
I just read that he still had problems today, and that he wanted to cancel half an hour before the match started. But then he wanted to give it a try. He's not yet feeling comfortable :( I hope he doesn't overdo it and risk his health. Hopefully he will be fit when he faces Alex. Could be a long match, cause Alex isn't that easy to break

TommyB.
05-30-2006, 07:41 PM
I´ve read this article too. :sad:

Tommy tried it fortunately. But it wasn´t this very tough match because Schüttler had problems with an illness too. Let´s hope that he can recover from today until Thursday!

05-30-2006, 10:05 PM
I just read that he still had problems today, and that he wanted to cancel half an hour before the match started. But then he wanted to give it a try. He's not yet feeling comfortable :( I hope he doesn't overdo it and risk his health. Hopefully he will be fit when he faces Alex. Could be a long match, cause Alex isn't that easy to break
I'm happy he won :) But they had a picture of him at the ATP site and I didn't have to read your post Alexiana to know that Tommy still is not well :sad: He is just not his usual handsome self so I knew he was still ill. He needs to just forget about this Tournament and get well. His health has to come before tennis--Tommy please go home and get well :angel: We want you handsome again :D Alexiana I have been meaning to tell you since I switched Avatars I have gotten a couple of comments about Rafa looking good, but no where near the amount of comments that I got when I had the Avatar of Tommy! I mean I could almost see the :drool: The comments on Tommy was about how handsome he was. So if we have a looks contest--- Tommy beats Rafa :)

<Eve>
05-31-2006, 05:20 AM
I'm happy he won :) But they had a picture of him at the ATP site and I didn't have to read your post Alexiana to know that Tommy still is not well :sad: He is just not his usual handsome self so I knew he was still ill. He needs to just forget about this Tournament and get well. His health has to come before tennis--Tommy please go home and get well :angel: We want you handsome again :D
It's really sad to hear he's still not completely healthy!! :(
But I think Tommy just won't give up on RG easily.. He will fight till he just can't play further.. :eek:
We have to wait and see again i guess.. :scratch:
Alexiana I have been meaning to tell you since I switched Avatars I have gotten a couple of comments about Rafa looking good, but no where near the amount of comments that I got when I had the Avatar of Tommy! I mean I could almost see the :drool: The comments on Tommy was about how handsome he was. So if we have a looks contest--- Tommy beats Rafa :) :woohoo: i'm glad people think haas is hotter! :hearts:

<Eve>
05-31-2006, 05:21 AM
And I also really really hope tommy doesnt have to play at 11am tomorrow...! I can't watch it before 2pm! :unsure:

05-31-2006, 05:33 AM
I thought I read that Tommy played on Thursday? I'm still so concerned about his health. Is this all due to his allergies? If it is, I must say when allergies attack in Europe they must really attack :scared: I have never been that ill with allergies--thank goodness-- and I don't know anyone else that has been that ill. I think now even if I had the money I would be afraid to go to Europe :scared:
The allergies might get me :scared:

05-31-2006, 05:36 AM
It's really sad to hear he's still not completely healthy!! :(
But I think Tommy just won't give up on RG easily.. He will fight till he just can't play further.. :eek:
We have to wait and see again i guess.. :scratch:
:woohoo: i'm glad people think haas is hotter! :hearts:
According to my Rep comments he is definitely hotter :devil:

Alexiana
05-31-2006, 09:44 AM
I´ve read this article too. :sad:

Tommy tried it fortunately. But it wasn´t this very tough match because Schüttler had problems with an illness too. Let´s hope that he can recover from today until Thursday!

I hope so too, I have to tape it again. I will not be home before 7 pm ... :mad:

Alexiana
05-31-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm happy he won :) But they had a picture of him at the ATP site and I didn't have to read your post Alexiana to know that Tommy still is not well :sad: He is just not his usual handsome self so I knew he was still ill. He needs to just forget about this Tournament and get well. His health has to come before tennis--Tommy please go home and get well :angel: We want you handsome again :D Alexiana I have been meaning to tell you since I switched Avatars I have gotten a couple of comments about Rafa looking good, but no where near the amount of comments that I got when I had the Avatar of Tommy! I mean I could almost see the :drool: The comments on Tommy was about how handsome he was. So if we have a looks contest--- Tommy beats Rafa :)

No question about the hot contest ;) Tommy will win them all :cool:

Alexiana
05-31-2006, 09:46 AM
And I also really really hope tommy doesnt have to play at 11am tomorrow...! I can't watch it before 2pm! :unsure:

I can't watch it too I guess, as I'm home around 7 pm :( But maybe there is some way to get some space for Tommy :devil:

Alexiana
05-31-2006, 09:51 AM
By the way, please vote for you favorite German player 2006 in the "german tennis" section :) There is a multiple choice option, but I hope Tommy will gain some votes ;)

05-31-2006, 10:57 PM
Do we vote for his tennis playing or his looks :aplot: Either way Tommy gets my vote :yeah:

Alexiana
06-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Do we vote for his tennis playing or his looks :aplot: Either way Tommy gets my vote :yeah:

That choice is up to you ;) :devil:

fanancic
06-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I was in RG on tuesday and I saw Tommy's match ... He played very well and he is veru nice with his fans...

06-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Well he made it to the 3rd Round :bigclap: I don't know how he is winning without being well? But he is so we will take it :)

Alexiana
06-01-2006, 05:37 PM
I was in RG on tuesday and I saw Tommy's match ... He played very well and he is veru nice with his fans...

thats good to hear, thanks fanancic :)

Alexiana
06-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Well he made it to the 3rd Round :bigclap: I don't know how he is winning without being well? But he is so we will take it :)

I'm so glad he is through :bigclap:

No he faces Djokovic who had a 5 set battle with Gonzo, so I think Tommy has good chances. But I don't see a favorite in that match. So Gooooo Tommy, keep on fighting :D

<Eve>
06-01-2006, 06:02 PM

No he faces Djokovic who had a 5 set battle with Gonzo, so I think Tommy has good chances. But I don't see a favorite in that match. So Gooooo Tommy, keep on fighting :D

:woohoo: :woohoo: tommy is through!! it was a nice match!! :D :D

Oh and I really see Tommy as the favorite in that match!!!!
Especially after Djokovic had a 5 setter!!

COME OOOOON TOMMY!!!

TommyB.
06-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Come on Tommy! :)

I´m really proud of him that he made it to the third round again after all his problems.

To play against Djokovic is tough and he is my favorite too. But the match starts at 0:0 and we will see what happens!

06-02-2006, 05:42 AM
Well I am just thrilled that Tommy has made it this far with his illness :) A poster sent me a PM and was talking about going to Paris to watch some matches at RG. But after getting there this poster took a walk in Paris, sorry I can't remember what name was used for where the walk took place. But anyway an attack of hay fever came upon this poster who was sick for days :scared: The person got to see one Match the whole time they were there :eek: I can't understand it, but allergies seem so much worse in Europe :confused:

06-02-2006, 05:48 AM

Poor Tommy--you just know that has to be exactly what he is doing "fighting" :sad: But he has now played 7 matches and with being ill I wonder how much longer he can last :unsure: But I'm very proud for the fight he is putting up :D :worship:

enqvistfan
06-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Congratulations to Tommy :yeah:
Yesterday, I saw the end of the match, was on another court at the same time.
Maybe, I'm going to see him tomorrow !!
Facing Djokovic won't be easy, yesterday he played great (unfortunately).

Good luck to Tommy, his fans are proud of him !!!

enqvistfan
06-02-2006, 11:28 AM
No he faces Djokovic who had a 5 set battle with Gonzo, so I think Tommy has good chances.

I hope for Tommy that Djokovic is tired and thinks that he made the match of his tournament against Gonzo.

Djokovic is a serious opponent, so I really hope Tommy will defeat him !!! He can do it and now the confidence must be ok, I'm sure he didn't expect to be in the third round in Paris.

Neely
06-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Now go and beat Djokovic! :devil:
That would be a good win then, I think. I wish he can do it! There could be a little chance because often it's like that the player who comes from a big win the round before (Djokovic has beaten Gonzalez) he has a little letdown in the next. But Tommy really needs to play well though.

enqvistfan
06-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Anyone saw the interview he gave for Eurosport ? After his victory, he has been interviewed by Barbara Schett. Is it possible to know what he said ? Thanks :hug:

<Eve>
06-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Anyone saw the interview he gave for Eurosport ? After his victory, he has been interviewed by Barbara Schett. Is it possible to know what he said ? Thanks :hug: I haven't seen it but i tried to watch it on the eurosport site.. unfortunately my computer didnt play it... :( :( so i can't help you with it!
But I'm also really curious! So anyone? Alexia? Neely? TommyB? have you seen it?

Tomorrow Tommy has to play the 4th match on court Lenglen!!

Come on tommy!! :worship:

Alexiana
06-02-2006, 06:27 PM
He says, that he is happy with his win, but that it was a tough match. He got a great start after the rain delay and won the 2nd set. But Waske is a fighter and you have to win the last point against him to defeat him. He treid to calm down after the loss of the 3rd set and played good tennis.
The rain delay didn't bother him much, but helped him to relax and get his focus again.
He felt that he didn't play much matches the days before the tournament and he got a bit exhausted in the 4th set. But now he has some time to recover and focus on his next match :)

enqvistfan
06-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Thanks a lot Alexiana :hug:

TommyB.
06-02-2006, 08:17 PM
I´m really excited because of tomorrow. I have a good feeling...don´t know why! ;)

Come on Tommy! You can win this too!

Alexiana
06-02-2006, 10:34 PM
I´m really excited because of tomorrow. I have a good feeling...don´t know why! ;)

Come on Tommy! You can win this too!

I'm so excited too :D I have mixed feelings though ;) Hope he feels good and pushes himself to the 4th round :bigclap:

<Eve>
06-02-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm so excited too :D I have mixed feelings though ;) Hope he fells good and pushes himself to the 4th round :bigclap: He WILL!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

06-03-2006, 01:53 AM
I'm so excited too :D I have mixed feelings though ;) Hope he feels good and pushes himself to the 4th round :bigclap:
I'm with you Alexiana about the mixed feelings :rolleyes:
I haven't heard any more about his health and the last time I looked at the vBetting Odds they were the same for Tommy and the other player :eek: You don't see that too often at least I haven't. So the Match is considered a toss-up. Do you use the term "toss-up" in Germany? Mainly the odds maker can't pick a clear favorite so they are saying the Match could go to either player :rolleyes: I would think things might be different if it wasn't so well known that Tommy has been fighting illness for some time now :sad: I honestly don't know how he has made it for 2 Rounds so I'm going to be very proud of Tommy's efforts no matter how the Match goes ;) :lol: Even if I didn't want him to make the effort in the first place :crazy:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-03-2006, 05:46 AM
I don't know what his from is now,but really hope Tommy will kick Djokovic's ass! :boxing:

06-03-2006, 07:24 AM
Well this is a Match that I'm having a difficult time with because one I don't know how Tommy's health is and two I don't really know anything about the guy he is playing against :unsure: If Tommy were healthy and playing like he was earlier in the year, even without knowing the guy he is playing I would have no doubt that Tommy could
win the Match. But with the way things are right now, I don't know :shrug:

06-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Tommy is up an early break in the 1st Set. It is 2-0 with Tommy serving.

06-03-2006, 03:04 PM
3-0 Tommy in the 1st Set with Novak or Nole as they call him serving.

06-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Nole got the break right back and it is now 3-2 Tommy with Nole serving.

TommyB.
06-03-2006, 03:21 PM
4:4! I hope Tommy can take this first set...it´s important!

06-03-2006, 03:32 PM
It was 6-5 Nole with him serving.

06-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Nole won the 1st Set 7-5 :sad: It doesn't look good for Tommy.

TommyB.
06-03-2006, 03:47 PM
5:7 0:2 and BP´s again for Djokovic:sad: :sad:

06-03-2006, 03:54 PM
3-0 Nole :sad: I think with Tommy being ill and having already played 2
Rounds he just physically doesn't have the energy to win today.

Alexiana
06-03-2006, 03:56 PM
3-0 Nole :sad: I think with Tommy being ill and having already played 2
Rounds he just physically doesn't have the energy to win today.

I bet Novak lets him run over nd over and he simply doesn't have the strengh for that now :( I was so optimistic after the 3-0 lead :sad:

06-03-2006, 04:06 PM
I bet Novak lets him run over nd over and he simply doesn't have the strengh for that now :( I was so optimistic after the 3-0 lead :sad:
Yes I think you are right. Nole is close to winning the 2nd Set right now :sad: If Tommy hadn't been having health problems I think he would have won, but I think the effects of his illness have just caught up with him :sad:

06-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Nole won the 2nd Set 6-1 :sad:

Alexiana
06-03-2006, 04:20 PM
I don't think Tommy will be able to play 5 sets

06-03-2006, 04:38 PM
3 -3 in the 3rd on serve.

06-03-2006, 04:45 PM
4-4 on serve in the 3rd Set. I have to give Tommy a lot of credit for still fighting at this point. I'm sure he is dead tired by now :sad:

06-03-2006, 04:53 PM
5-5 on serve in the 3rd. Tommy may not be physically strong, but I do have to say he must be very tough mentally. Most players would have stopped trying at this point. Especially one that has been ill like Tommy.

06-03-2006, 04:58 PM
6-6 in the 3rd.

06-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Tommy lost :sad: It was 7-6 in the 3rd Set. Tommy gave it everything he had I'm sure. Now all we can do is hope he has time to get feeling better before Halle starts.

TommyB.
06-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Tommy :sad:

He lost third round...it´s ok here i think. Let´s hope that Tommy is feeling better next time and can playing 100% on grass.

chin up! :)

Neely
06-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Okay he lost, but not so bad because you can lose against Djokovic in good form and he has beaten Gonzalez the round before. Now concentrate on the grass season!

Damn it that we could not see anything because Nadal was playing his match (and a very interesting one this time) at the same time :fiery:

<Eve>
06-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Hmm.. :( :( So nobody could see the match? I'm curious how he played.. the scores aren't that bad (except 2nd set)
but i hate it he's out! i hope he's feeling ok and will be ready for the grass season....

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-03-2006, 07:20 PM
All faves lost today! :bigcry:
He seemed to break first but was broken finally in first 2 sets?! :banghead:
I found I really hate clay court in thses days! :o

Alexiana
06-03-2006, 10:32 PM
I found I really hate clay court in thses days! :o

I always did :rolleyes: I simply don't have any faves, who play well on this surface :lol: (except Rafa)

Jogy
06-03-2006, 11:12 PM
A bit to disappoint about the loss :sad:
3rd okay, have to take this (and better as last year)

I hope he can play good in the grass season. But normally he is not, but he needs to!!! :rocker2:

06-03-2006, 11:55 PM

I hope he can play good in the grass season. But normally he is not, but he needs to!!! :rocker2:
With his allergies I would think the grass season would even be worse for him :unsure: I just wish he could get completely well :rolleyes:

enqvistfan
06-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Sad, Tommy lost :( Yesterday, we saw him at his training :) but the court 1 was sold out, so we couldn't go to the match.
I think this 3rd round was unexpected as we even didn't think that he could play in Paris. So, congrats and good luck for the grass season.

06-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Yes Tommy did much better than I expected him to, but I didn't even want him to try and play :) I would have liked him to have played Nole when he was healthy. I really think he could have defeated him. Because even with his illness and it being the 3rd Round Tommy just about pushed the Match to the 4th Set. I just wish Tommy could get well :hug:

Alexiana
06-04-2006, 08:13 PM

he reached 3rd round 2005 too. remember the double bagle he received from Davydenko :lol:

enqvistfan
06-05-2006, 05:59 AM
the good thing is that he didn't lose his points from last year :)

Alexiana
06-05-2006, 10:09 AM
the good thing is that he didn't lose his points from last year :)

that's what I thought too ;) Now he has to reach the semis in Halle and after that he can only win point from last years baaaaad results after that ;)

06-05-2006, 08:05 PM
that's what I thought too ;) Now he has to reach the semis in Halle and after that he can only win point from last years baaaaad results after that ;)
Yes, but with Tommy's health situation right now what do you think the chances are that he can reach the semis in Halle? Sorry I forgot the "unknown situation" and that, of course, is the draw :eek:

Alexiana
06-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Yes, but with Tommy's health situation right now what do you think the chances are that he can reach the semis in Halle? Sorry I forgot the "unknown situation" and that, of course, is the draw :eek:

we will have to wait and see :)

06-06-2006, 03:54 AM
we will have to wait and see :)
I don't want to wait :baby: I want to know that Tommy is well and will have a good draw now :crying2:

Chrissi
06-09-2006, 08:13 PM
When Tommy has a good draw, than he had a good chance to reach the semifinals in Halle. I hope Roger doesn`t play in halle, i think he withdraw after Parisfinal on sunday.

Go Tommy :wavey:

Alexiana
06-09-2006, 10:23 PM
When Tommy has a good draw, than he had a good chance to reach the semifinals in Halle. I hope Roger doesn`t play in halle, i think he withdraw after Parisfinal on sunday.

Go Tommy :wavey:

I think so too, but the german crowd will be pissed, when he withdraws from 2 German tournaments in a row :lol:

06-09-2006, 10:25 PM
I think so too, but the german crowd will be pissed, when he withdraws from 2 German tournaments in a row :lol:
:lol: I think the German crowd is blind. Who cares about seeing Roger if Tommy can play ;)

Alexiana
06-09-2006, 10:27 PM
:lol: I think the German crowd is blind. Who cares about seeing Roger if Tommy can play ;)

you saw what the german crowd is capable of :lol:

06-09-2006, 10:30 PM
you saw what the german crowd is capable of :lol:
No I couldn't see what they were capable of. I just heard about what they were capable of :lol: But the Halle crowd is supposed to be better right? So their vision should also be better :D

Alexiana
06-11-2006, 09:55 PM
No I couldn't see what they were capable of. I just heard about what they were capable of :lol: But the Halle crowd is supposed to be better right? So their vision should also be better :D

yeah, you're right. Tommy will rock Halle :rocker:

06-12-2006, 02:03 AM
yeah, you're right. Tommy will rock Halle :rocker:
Please let Tommy be well enough to rock Halle :rocker: :angel: