State Of Origin - Game 1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

State Of Origin - Game 1

bad gambler
05-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Queensland to beat NSW - $2.05

I also to QLD to win the series - $2.35 a while ago

Bit of rain about in Sydney past 2 days as well for those interested in the totals, not sure of the weather forecast for tmrw though

good luck

andrew057
05-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Took Queensland to beat NSW - $2.18

And Queensland to win by more than 12.5 - $5.00

sparkus8
05-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Well you guys may as well cash your tickets in now that they have replaced Gower with Finch. How Finch gets picked in front of Orford I do not know. The only reason I can think of is that they think he will already have some sort of combination with Anasta, but I guess the selectors haven't watched many Roosters games this year :rolleyes:

andrew057
05-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Well you guys may as well cash your tickets in now that they have replaced Gower with Finch. How Finch gets picked in front of Orford I do not know. The only reason I can think of is that they think he will already have some sort of combination with Anasta, but I guess the selectors haven't watched many Roosters games this year :rolleyes:

Im pretty sure Orford was asked first but declined due to an injury he received on the weekend. Although I believe Orford is a better player than Finch. I think Finch will have an easier time gelling with the team giving theyve only got what 24 hours together before kickoff. I also think as of the Roosters game against the Cowboys Finch has shown a hint of form. Whereas Orford struggled badly in the opening rounds of this season with Manly and wasnt until about a month in he showed the form he had last season. It was also seen in the City-Country match where it seemed Orford had little to no chemistry with his team. Early in the second half when Gower went to half back the difference could been seen imediately. Just my opinion.

andrew057
05-23-2006, 05:43 PM
You can still get QLD at $1.90 at centrebet and even higher at overseas books.

sports freak
05-23-2006, 10:29 PM
From a Blues Supporter - NSW Selectors = Brain Dead!!! What a friggin joke not putting in Orford,they really do want to lose this game n series!!!Queensland pack gonna have fun with Finchy especially raging bull Carl Webb who should throw the little halfback like a dummy bag!!!!

Layin off this game cant bare to watch the game 2nite due to all the circumstances,but unfortunately these games are too good to resist viewing wise!!!!

Go the Mighty Blues!!!!

Mr Flamboyant
05-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Can't believe what I'm reading here! Ardent Blues fans all plumbing for a Queensland win!! Hard to argue against though, NSW preparation has been just about as bad as it could possibly get. Still wary of the fact the Maroons haven't won at Stadium Australia though ..

Total points for this one is set low at 39.5 U/O .. I can sense a low scoring game, particularly now the Blues are even further depleted .. Rain or not, there always seems to be a heavy dew at this ground at night. While that total is low, it still needs seven tries to be an over .. seven tries in an Origin I is a bit hard to forsee ..

bad gambler
05-24-2006, 02:31 AM
Put it this with Flambo, if QLD can't break their Staidum Australia duck tonight given absolutely EVERYTHING is in their favour bar the crowd, they will never win in Sydney

Mr Flamboyant
05-24-2006, 04:13 AM
Mein Leiben!! Have you changed nationality BG..?

b_boy
05-24-2006, 04:22 AM
he is in germany to watch world cup.

andrew057
05-24-2006, 05:28 AM
The "QLD cant win in NSW" is rubbish. Its like tossing a coin and ten heads coming up, what odds would you give me on tails coming up next? lol.

Im leaning on the under because whilst Finch lacks a little creativity, he is one of the better defensive halves. Id rather him defending on the edges of the ruck than Orford. Probably just going to stick with my two other bets for now.

bad gambler
05-24-2006, 06:10 AM
Don't worry boys, I will send you all a postcard when I am over there :p

By the way it is about to piss down here in Sydney, going to be a very wet affair which now in some ways negates the QLD backs

sparkus8
05-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Well I'm man enough to admit that I was wrong about Finch. He was solid all night long and then to cap it off with that FG was amazing. He will forever be remebered for that, in saying that though Orford would have knocked that shot over as well :p

bad gambler
05-24-2006, 09:14 PM
It would have been a travesty if QLD pinched that game last night, they were horrible

Lockyer probably had his worst game all year

Mr Flamboyant
05-24-2006, 11:20 PM
If Thurston was a chick, I'd win on to him!! Needed the total points to finish in the 31-40 range to keep a parlay alive .. It all hinged on that sideline conversion to make it 16-all ..

Was probably the most stupid bet of all time, but if Almagro wins tonight then it'll pay!

Anders
05-24-2006, 11:29 PM
agreed with bg, Qld were v poor esp Lockyer - wtf was he doing kicking on the 3rd tackle with 2 mins left, he handed NSW the ball as if to say "here, have a set of 6 and see if u can get close" which they obv did...