Top Spin WINS [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Top Spin WINS

J. Corwin
05-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Hey Naldo, do you plan on playing the new TopSpin? :D

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84777&stc=1

I definitely am! I've been waiting for this ever since the originally slated release date for Januaray this year. :o Let's see if they'll push back the date again...:lol:

Should be a lot better than the first one and I thorougly enjoyed that one. I know this one has some big no no's though...from some of the caps I've seen I think they gave James a two-handed backhand. :retard: I'm gonna have go get X-box 360 just for this game, hehe. As if I don't have enough distractions already...
TOP SPIN! :banana: I officially rock at this game.

Here's a :drink: to many hours wasted on living out my dreams of being a tennis pro! WOOT.
wait, it only works on xbox 360?
I am always lleyton hewitt in top spin. d:

Clearly, there is enough interest in the game to justify starting this new thread. :p

Talk about Top Spin 1 or 2, or any tennis game for that matter!

Ok I'll start ;)

Top Spin2:

I started the game by going to exhibition mode to get used to the controls and stuff and I used Fed and played against Myskina. :lol: I kicked her ass in a few games before I forfeited because I couldn't wait to start the career mode...and one audience member booed at Fed/me for tanking the match. :haha:

I love the game so far. It's so realistic! I like how you can actually make lots of unforced errors in this one if you go for too much and it's actually harder to break serve than hold serve lol. You can save after every match too!

One thing I don't like...how your player just stops moving when the computer knows your shot will be a winner. You'll get used to this and it kinda sucks that the computer telegraphs to you the point is over before it actually is. :o Also top spin shots being the more risky shots and flat shots are the safe shots...:retard:

For the career mode...I created a player after myself ;) and so far I'm still training and working my way up the rankings before I can qualify for most pro events but I enjoy beating up players ranked way above me! :cool: I dumped Laura Edwards as my coach and hired Henri something something French dood because his mantra is aggressive power and I like we has to offer. :p Still need to get a handle on the risk shots. :o

I won the Essex Challenger and moved up 18 spots in the ranking and 100 spots in the Race! World #1 here I come! :rocker2:

Havok
05-09-2006, 02:04 AM
Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 (PS2):

Ok long ass name, but the most realistic tennis game you can get atm. Probably the greatest roster ever (Roddick, Blake, Henman, Hewitt, Safin, Gasquet, Haas, Ferrero - Henin-Hardenne, Serena, Capriati, Clijsters, Mauresmo, Kournikova, Hantuchova, Davenport). Probably the only game to actually use timing as a means to seperate the best from the rest.

Just like in real life, if someone slices the ball low, hitting a topspin shot off of that would be the smarter choice (if you'd hit a flat shot off of the slice, chances are that your ball will sail long/into the net). You can actually hit aces, even against the best returners (you need really good placement in order to do that though). Stamina is used so you can't just camp out along the baseline and rip flat shots 24/7 because then you'll lose all your energy and everything slows down from your court speed to your serve to your groundstrokes.

Their only downfal in regards to actual gameplay is their net game. It isn't well rounded as their baseline game and there really is no point in attacking the net whatsoever :o. Sometimes I feel adventurous and go to the net for some sneak attacks every now and then, but it really is pointless vs someone who understands the game well.

Also their career mode is just :o. It shows that this game was made more for playing with the already created cast of tennis players, because the options for clothes, raquets, hair, facial features, etc suck ass. Like 4 of my players look exactly the same, they just have different names :shrug:.

This game OWNS when you find someone who's at your level of the game and you can have sick ass rallies that literally last up to 2-3 minutes. I've had tons of rallies like that with one of my good friends. I used to get crushed by him, abrely winning sets. Then I went into the phase of winning the first sets, then bowing out easily afterwards, but now I've won the large majority of our last few matches.;)

J. Corwin
05-09-2006, 02:13 AM
Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 (PS2):

Ok long ass name, but the most realistic tennis game you can get atm. Probably the greatest roster ever (Roddick, Blake, Henman, Hewitt, Safin, Gasquet, Haas, Ferrero - Henin-Hardenne, Serena, Capriati, Clijsters, Mauresmo, Kournikova, Hantuchova, Davenport). Probably the only game to actually use timing as a means to seperate the best from the rest.

Just like in real life, if someone slices the ball low, hitting a topspin shot off of that would be the smarter choice (if you'd hit a flat shot off of the slice, chances are that your ball will sail long/into the net). You can actually hit aces, even against the best returners (you need really good placement in order to do that though). Stamina is used so you can't just camp out along the baseline and rip flat shots 24/7 because then you'll lose all your energy and everything slows down from your court speed to your serve to your groundstrokes.

Their only downfal in regards to actual gameplay is their net game. It isn't well rounded as their baseline game and there really is no point in attacking the net whatsoever :o. Sometimes I feel adventurous and go to the net for some sneak attacks every now and then, but it really is pointless vs someone who understands the game well.

Also their career mode is just :o. It shows that this game was made more for playing with the already created cast of tennis players, because the options for clothes, raquets, hair, facial features, etc suck ass. Like 4 of my players look exactly the same, they just have different names :shrug:.

This game OWNS when you find someone who's at your level of the game and you can have sick ass rallies that literally last up to 2-3 minutes. I've had tons of rallies like that with one of my good friends. I used to get crushed by him, abrely winning sets. Then I went into the phase of winning the first sets, then bowing out easily afterwards, but now I've won the large majority of our last few matches.;)

I have that game too! I actually think the gameplay in that one is better than Top Spin1...if you take away the graphics. ;) The timing for the top spin shots is fair too, it's not ridiculously difficult like it is in Top Spin. My brother has it down beats me up all the time because of that.:smash:

Breakaway
05-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Wow that sounds awesome. The only thing is tennis games get so easy after a while. I will get TopSpin2 once i get my XBOX 360! Jace you seem to already be an expert at the game :p

I am going to download VirtuaTennis for the computer, so I will see how that is :)

surfpinky
05-09-2006, 02:15 AM
:banana:

Fee
05-09-2006, 02:28 AM
Jace, I don't play video games at all, but I can tell you that Jan-Mike (uber nerd) HATES Top Spin 2. He thinks it's 'wretched' and not just because he's not in this one. I didn't even know he used words like 'wretched.' :lol:

J. Corwin
05-09-2006, 02:41 AM
Jace, I don't play video games at all, but I can tell you that Jan-Mike (uber nerd) HATES Top Spin 2. He thinks it's 'wretched' and not just because he's not in this one. I didn't even know he used words like 'wretched.' :lol:

:haha:

I'd like to know what he thinks is a good tennis game. :p Mind asking him? :angel:

Maybe I should create a Jan-Mike and have him beat up the world.

Fee
05-09-2006, 03:50 AM
You can ask him, use his MySpace page (put 'Top Spin 1 or 2?' in the subject line that way he won't take a week to answer it). Pretty sure he likes the first one a lot.

J. Corwin
05-09-2006, 07:28 PM
"The Jackson fan club is a huge success...it now has 2341 members and continues to grow by leaps and bounds" :lol:

I won my first ATP level tournament and am now ranked 58! For some reason you need to be 50 or higher to qualify for the Masters Series in here...

J. Corwin
05-09-2006, 07:30 PM
You can ask him, use his MySpace page (put 'Top Spin 1 or 2?' in the subject line that way he won't take a week to answer it). Pretty sure he likes the first one a lot.

So I was being slow and didn't think of PM'ing him about it on there and just thought about commenting. So I couldn't comment because I wasn't his friend, so I requested to be his friend! So he added me and I just asked him on his comments thing: "Question of the day: TOP SPIN 1 OR TOP SPIN 2?"

He must think I'm weird. ;)

(p.s. I like the word so!)

Fee
05-09-2006, 09:09 PM
I added you, since I was in the account to delete the fake Robby page. He hasn't been on much lately for some reason, less than a minute last night (that's what he told me anyway). Hopefully he'll get back to you soon. :)

gusman890
05-09-2006, 11:29 PM
i like top spin 1 better IMO.

of course the limited number of real characters : Sampras, blake, hewitt, roberto, gam-bill, chang, grojean.

im surpised there is no agassi in there if they have sampras and chang, but who knows really...

Fee
05-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Jace, check your comments. :lol:

J. Corwin
05-11-2006, 04:55 AM
:lol: Wow, another halo geek.

Fee
05-11-2006, 05:00 AM
Dude, he was in his account for about 2 minutes last night. Yours was the only comment he responded to. Uber nerd I tell you, UBER NERD! :lol:

J. Corwin
05-11-2006, 05:09 AM
:haha: I should start spouting off random games and he'll start a comment train!
And I love that you know exactly when he signs into his account and for how long. I feel like I'm writing to you! :lol: Does he approve the comments himself?

Fee
05-11-2006, 05:52 AM
Sometimes he tells me when he's been in, sometimes I can just figure it out (I have his screennames too). He approves his own comments, reads and answers his own messages, and approves his own friends. I just did yours that night because I was in there and I knew there would be no problem. I just do the technical stuff like the page design, some blog entries, or whatever.

I don't speak the language of the video games, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got into an entire dialogue with him about it. A few years ago when JMG did a No strings episode for TTC, they did a walk through of his house as it was being built. He showed what was going to be his computer room, where he and his friends could play video games. U-B-E-R N-E-R-D!!!!

Havok
06-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Andy's gonna be in the new Virtua Tennis 3 for the PS3/XBOX 360 :banana:. Virtua Tennis was really the first tennis game to really hit it HUGE on the gaming scene and paved the way for TopSpin/TopSpin 2/Smash Court Tennis 2 to be great tennis games also. Not much news about the roster and such, but looking at the pictures, these are the following players to be a part of this game so far: Roddick, Hewitt, Federer, Henman (STOP putting this fart in games ugh it's annoying as fuck!) Nadal, Blake, and the dude in blue looks like Ancic so I'd go with him.

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/128/932686_20060508_screen012.jpg
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/128/932686_20060508_screen006.jpg
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/128/932686_20060508_screen008.jpg

tangerine_dream
06-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Wow, that's a really good likeness of Andy! But who's the guy on the bottom? He's scary looking. :scared:

Havok
06-06-2006, 12:12 AM
I guessed Ancic.

Deboogle!.
06-06-2006, 01:10 AM
That's who it looks like to me too, Naldo

partygirl
06-06-2006, 01:51 AM
it does look like Andy...but the mouth/lips are still wrong.:sad:

nkhera1
06-06-2006, 05:58 AM
I've played top spin 1 for ps2. Its a fun game and highly unrealstic. The funny part is that I was able to win the grand slam beating Federer the only time I saw him (3-0,3-0) and he is one of the worst players in that game. Seriously he is ranked like number 13 and they have some made up player on there who has a 5 star serve and 5 star forehand but only a 2 star backhand and 2 star volley and he is ranked in the top 5. For some weird reason Hewitt, Gustavo Keurtan and Jan Michael Gambill are also in the top 5 while Robredo is in the 40s. I mean Hewitt makes sense but the other two are really weird. Anyways this game isn't a great sim but it is fun to play and I really like sliding on clay.

J. Corwin
06-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Thanks for those caps Naldo. Andy looks freakishly skinny. Any idea when the game is slated to come out?

J. Corwin
06-06-2006, 07:17 AM
I've played top spin 1 for ps2. Its a fun game and highly unrealstic. The funny part is that I was able to win the grand slam beating Federer the only time I saw him (3-0,3-0) and he is one of the worst players in that game. Seriously he is ranked like number 13 and they have some made up player on there who has a 5 star serve and 5 star forehand but only a 2 star backhand and 2 star volley and he is ranked in the top 5. For some weird reason Hewitt, Gustavo Keurtan and Jan Michael Gambill are also in the top 5 while Robredo is in the 40s. I mean Hewitt makes sense but the other two are really weird. Anyways this game isn't a great sim but it is fun to play and I really like sliding on clay.

You sure it was TS1? lol I don't think Fed was in the first one? :confused:

Btw, TS2 is totally boring now. :p

partygirl
06-11-2006, 12:22 PM
they captured his like-ness from behind better than the front, if you ask me.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91583&stc=1

Havok
07-07-2006, 02:00 AM
They have put up more pictures for Virtua Tennis 3. So far no girls are in it :(:(:(.

The line up so far is : Federer, Roddick, Nadal, Hewitt, Haas, Dent, Ferrero, Nalbandian, Ancic, Blake, Henman. It's possible I forgot to list one or two, or maybe I got them all :shrug:. Anyways crossing my fingers that the women are also incorporated in it :ras:.

Jimnik
07-07-2006, 02:12 AM
Are there any tennis PC games available at the moment? I don't have a games console. :sad:

Havok
07-07-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm sure there are, but I haven't a clue as to which are the good ones because I don't play games on my pc.

J. Corwin
07-08-2006, 05:37 AM
Are there any tennis PC games available at the moment? I don't have a games console. :sad:

Well here are some decent simple flash tennis games...and they're free. :p

:cool:

http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/tennis/tennis.html

http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-132.htm

tangerine_dream
08-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Am I going to get Debitized for this? I don't know if this is old news or new news but it's cool, so I'll post it here :cool:

http://roddicktennis.com/images/roddick_06.jpg

Guppy Games Serves-Up Andy Roddick for Your Mobile Phone

Guppy Games Incorporated, a mobile games developer based in Bellevue, Washington, has recently announced the release of its newest game, Andy Roddick Tennis. Unlike most sports games, in which a famous athlete contributes little to the game but the name, this game is produced with the personal cooperation of tennis star Andy Roddick.

Players of the game are given the option of creating and customizing their own tennis player, where he or she will face regional, national, and international tournaments that conclude by facing off with Andy Roddick. Not only does the game feature excellent tennis action, but players have the option of unlocking a mini-game. Those that score high in the mini-game will become eligible for random drawings for signed Andy Roddick sports gear.

Guppy Games plans to launch Andy Roddick Tennis during the 2006 US Open. Roddick has said that he hopes the game will “bring my sport to a larger audience”.

Product website: http://roddicktennis.com/

partygirl
08-23-2006, 10:16 PM
who plays tennis on their phone?

tangerine_dream
09-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Somebody posted this in GM. Screenshots of top players in Sega's Next gen 360/PS3 tennis title. Andy's looks amazing :eek:

http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/4089/894_0001.jpg

Deboogle!.
09-15-2006, 03:01 PM
WHOA That looks just like him :scared:

zoltan83
09-15-2006, 03:15 PM
WHOA That looks just like him :scared:
If we except the shirt :p Since when Andy is playing with a coloured shirt? :p

Havok
09-15-2006, 10:25 PM
That's Virtua Tennis 3 (the game I've been posting about n this thread :p). I agree, it looks exactly like him nicely done by the game creators :worship:.

Raina
09-21-2006, 06:39 PM
i just bought the NintendoDS and play the TP2, of course i chose to play as roddick, and i found that my roddick is a single backhand player! so amazing! then i found that my roddick always loses :banghead: (since i really don't quite understand how to play different shots, seems that there is no training course in it that tell you the different function of different button!), so i changed my strategy, i choose to play as federer, and my opponent is andy! and it does work!! andy wins!!! :devil:

and now i just created my own career and just won the 1st title today, and my rank just raised to #85!  :clap2:

tangerine_dream
02-16-2007, 07:14 PM
That's Virtua Tennis 3 (the game I've been posting about n this thread :p). I agree, it looks exactly like him nicely done by the game creators :worship:.
Check out this great match between Andy and Rafa at Wimbledon :eek: :worship:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/9275

They got the grunting mixed up though. ;)

tangerine_dream
06-19-2008, 04:32 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/6s6hpd.jpg

Top Spin 3 has arrived! Here's a sample match between Andy and Boris Becker in HD. :cool:

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hires/6789/Roddick-vs-Becker-HD/

The graphics keep getting better and they're getting player's personalities and quirks right, too. A sample review: "Finally! A tennis game that doesn't look terrible." :cool:

nkhera1
06-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Check out this great match between Andy and Rafa at Wimbledon :eek: :worship:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/9275

They got the grunting mixed up though. ;)

If Roddick was able to play like that in real life he would be unstoppable.

GollyLou
06-20-2008, 09:16 AM
That is seriously amazing. Now I really want this game. I love Andy's bouncing the ball with the racquet before he serves. :lol:

kaylee
06-20-2008, 01:57 PM
That picture of Andy is awesome!