Roland Garros on Television [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roland Garros on Television

Devotee
05-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Roland Garros Gains Greater Exposure
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/RolandGarros-06-poster.jpg
By Günther Förg By Tennis Week
05/05/2006

Roland Garros is gaining greater exposure this season. In addition to starting the opening round on Sunday, May 28, rather than the traditional Monday start for majors, the final day of French Open qualifying — Saturday, May 27 — will be televised by Eurosport.

A year ago, big screens were installed at both Philippe Chatrier and Suzanne Lenglen stadium courts. This year, the men's and women's final will be replaced on the video screens on Court N°1 during the final weekend of the French fortnight. Roland Garros' "everybody at the final" weekend initiative invites fans to watch the finals of the Legends Trophy and junior doubles on the Suzanne Lenglen Court starting at 11 a.m. on Saturday, June 10 before re-living the women's singles final on Court N°1 on big screen. The same format will apply on Sunday June 11, with the finals of the junior singles and women's doubles on Suzann Lenglen Court followed by a replay of the men's singles final on big screen on Court N°1.

Devotee
05-08-2006, 04:21 AM
I just previewed the online ESPN2 TV schedule for Roland Garros coverage.

Anyone in the U.S. plan to get up in the middle of the night to watch the beginning of each day during the 1st. week?

I tried last year & it nearly killed me -- better to record it I think.

ROLAND GARROS 2006

ESPN2 TV in the U.S.A.

Eastern Time:

MONDAY MAY 29 4AM-2PM
TUESDAY MAY 30 4AM-2PM
WEDNESDAY MAY 31 4AM-2PM
THURSDAY JUNE 1 4AM-NOON
FRIDAY JUNE 2 4AM-2PM

Michael Armando
05-22-2006, 06:31 AM
Hi...
Which channel will broadcast Roland Garros 2006 for South East Asia/Singapore/Indonesia ?
Anybody know ?
Thx.....

Scotso
05-22-2006, 12:46 PM
It seems ESPN2 will show more live coverage than ever. I'll probably be one of the losers getting up at 4am just to watch tennis.

Neely
05-22-2006, 03:21 PM
for detailed schedule look here:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76981