Common sense prevails... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Common sense prevails...

andrew057
05-03-2006, 09:00 AM
The AFL has changed the result of the weekends Fremantle-St Kilda draw to a win for Fremantle.

Itll be interesting to see what bookies do.

Mr Flamboyant
05-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Here here .. great to see the AFL had the guts to make that call .. Bookies have already paid out on the draw haven't they? TAB Sportsbet has in any case .. Once that's happened they couldn't possibly pay out on a second result as well.

andrew057
05-03-2006, 09:06 AM
If i were a bookie I wouldve paid the draw out quick smart, some easy $$$ there. But the right thing to do would have been to suspend the result until now.

bad gambler
05-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Centrebet better get ready for a tirade from yours truly if I don't get paid

bad gambler
05-03-2006, 09:12 PM
The pricks aren't going to pay :mad:

Mr Flamboyant
05-04-2006, 06:49 AM
Their rationale is certain to be that once the result is faxed to them by the AFL (which normally occurs around half an hour after fulltime), they pay on that result.

TAB Sportsbet's Gary Davies tried to con the public into believing that they paid out around $45,000 on the drawn result (who the hell picks a draw?) .. Yes I agree wholeheartedly that Freo winning would've been a far worse result for all books to have paid out on.

It's a farsical situation and those who plonked on Fremantle are entitled to demand their winnings. :armed: