!! Fresh start in Rome *Tommy has some rest now -again-, that's good* lol [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

!! Fresh start in Rome *Tommy has some rest now -again-, that's good* lol

<Eve>
05-02-2006, 11:30 PM
well.. let's see what the outcome of Rome will be, now that i've decided to start the new thread :devil: :angel: :devil: :angel: :devil:

05-03-2006, 01:46 AM
I hope you have better luck with tournament thread titles than I did.
However, have you done anything with your signature? I clicked on the title to get into this thread and my equipment went down again like it had before. And when I went in and turned off the signatures I could use the thread. I reported the problem to Neely so you may be hearing from her.

Alexiana
05-03-2006, 02:49 PM
ok, i decided to do no jinxing at all this tournament so I'm gonna shut up right now :tape:

<Eve>
05-03-2006, 03:23 PM
noooo you have to join us in this thread aswell!
or is it payback time now because i didnt post in your thread till yesterday?! :lol: :lol:

05-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Well I know one thing. I'm not coming near Tommy's Forum unless my signature is off because if I try to come in with the signatures on my equipment will go down fast! Poor Tommy he isn't playing well now and his Forum won't work well either :sad:

<Eve>
05-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Well I know one thing. I'm not coming near Tommy's Forum unless my signature is off because if I try to come in with the signatures on my equipment will go down fast! Poor Tommy he isn't playing well now and his Forum won't work well either :sad:you still have it?? :shrug:

Alexiana
05-04-2006, 09:21 AM
noooo you have to join us in this thread aswell!
or is it payback time now because i didnt post in your thread till yesterday?! :lol: :lol:

but I don't wanna jinx AGAIN :sad:

05-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Well I'm in here with my signature on and I'm having no problem at all.
Except for the fact that I actually think all three of us must jinx Tommy since we are the ones that do most of the posting in here. Maybe we all should :tape:

Alexiana
05-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Well I'm in here with my signature on and I'm having no problem at all.
Except for the fact that I actually think all three of us must jinx Tommy since we are the ones that do most of the posting in here. Maybe we all should :tape:

I will post, but I'm not gonna say a word about how he is going to play in Rome :rolleyes:

05-04-2006, 06:57 PM
I will post, but I'm not gonna say a word about how he is going to play in Rome :rolleyes:
:tape: :ignore: :help: If Federer and Nadal are there I think I can say he won't win the Tournament :sad: But I would be happy if Tommy could prove me wrong ;)

<Eve>
05-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Ok so the problem must still have been in my sigature!! i hope its fixed forever now!!
and maybe that was the jinx! and it's gone now!! :D :D

05-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Now if you would please get rid of that line that says, I met a little snake while working today. And then get rid of the snake I would be very happy :yippee: I'm very afraid of snakes :eek: I don't even like to look at pictures of them :ras:

<Eve>
05-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Now if you would please get rid of that line that says, I met a little snake while working today. And then get rid of the snake I would be very happy :yippee: I'm very afraid of snakes :eek: I don't even like to look at pictures of them :ras: :awww: :awww:
but... :crying2: i like the snake :sad:

:lol: i have to keep it here for another day because i don't have time to create another avatar :rolleyes:

05-05-2006, 07:26 PM
You like the snake :eek: I told you the only good snake is a dead snake :lol: You can keep the snake if you want. I will just try very hard not to look at your Avatar. But I have to tell you a funny story on me.
When I first saw that Avatar I thought what is that around her neck? I thought it was some sort of wrap to be worn around the neck :haha: And then I got to looking at the Avatar closer and :eek: :bolt: I couldn't believe what was around your neck :scared:

Alexiana
05-06-2006, 11:00 AM
You like the snake :eek: I told you the only good snake is a dead snake :lol: You can keep the snake if you want. I will just try very hard not to look at your Avatar. But I have to tell you a funny story on me.
When I first saw that Avatar I thought what is that around her neck? I thought it was some sort of wrap to be worn around the neck :haha: And then I got to looking at the Avatar closer and :eek: :bolt: I couldn't believe what was around your neck :scared:

:lol: poor Mae :hug:

<Eve>
05-06-2006, 12:07 PM

:haha: im sorry mae :hug:
i'm glad it isn't the new fashion style to wear that around your neck the whole day!! :lol:

Alexiana
05-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Draw is out:

1)Roger Federer (SUI) vs Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG)
Potito Starace (ITA) vs Dmitry Tursunov (RUS)
Jarkko Nieminen (FIN) vs Sebastian Grosjean (FRA)
Feliciano Lopez (ESP) vs (14)Radek Stepanek (CZE)

(11)David Ferrer (ESP) vs Jose Acasuso (ARG)
Nicolas Massu (CHI) vs Q
Simone Bolelli (ITA) vs Fernando Verdasco (ESP)
Boris Pashanski (SCG) vs (6)Nikolay Davydenko (RUS)

(4)David Nalbandian (ARG) vs Q
Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP) vs Paul Henri Mathieu (FRA)
Davide Sanguinetti (ITA) vs Q
Daniele Bracciali (ITA) vs (13)Nikolas Kiefer (GER)

(9)Guillermo Coria (ARG) vs Q
Marat Safin (RUS) vs Q
Mario Ancic (CRO) vs Luis Horna (PER)
Florent Serra (FRA) vs (7)James Blake (USA)

(5)Andy Roddick (USA) vs Victor Hanescu (ROM)
Olivier Rochus (BEL) vs Marcos Baghdatis (CYP)
Jiri Novak (CZE) Vs Q
Greg Rusedski (GBR) vs (12)Tommy Robredo (ESP)

(16)Robby Ginepri (USA) vs Max Mirnyi (BLR)
Gael Monfils (FRA) vs Tommy Haas (GER)
Fabrice Santoro (FRA) vs Q
Dominik Hrbaty (SVK) vs (3)Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)

(8)Gaston Gaudio (ARG) vs Xavier Malisse (BEL)
Tomas Berdych (CZE) vs Paradorn Srichapan (THA)
Mikhail Youzhny (RUS) vs Andreas Seppi (ITA)
Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) vs (10)Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)

(15)Thomas Johansson (SWE) vs Q
Alessio Di Mauro (ITA) vs Tim Henman (GBR)
Andy Murray (GBR) vs Filippo Volandri (ITA)
Carlos Moya (ESP) vs (2)Rafael Nadal (ESP)

not the best draw for tommy, but better than Nadal or Federer in the early rounds :rolleyes:

<Eve>
05-06-2006, 01:40 PM
exactly!! i think this draw is pretty ok....! :yeah:

05-07-2006, 05:15 AM
Well he starts out with a Frenchman, but Monfils hasn't been playing well as of late. So maybe Tommy can get off to a good start in this Tournament :) He couldn't get off to any worse start than he did in his last Tournament so the only way he can go is up :yeah: And thank you Alexiana for posting the Draw :)

yumo
05-08-2006, 07:02 AM
Monday, May 8, 2006

PIETRANGELI STADIUM
12.45 pm (Champions Tie Break) Nicola PIETRANGELI-Juan Carlos FERRERO c. Tony ROCHE-Carlos MOYA, chair umpire Rafael NADAL

13 pm Mikhail YOUZHNY (RUS) c. Andreas SEPPI (ITA)
followed by Florent SERRA (FRA) c. James BLAKE (USA, 7)
followed by Gael MONFILS (FRA) c. Tommy HAAS (GER)
followed by Alberto MARTIN (ESP) c. Davide SANGUINETTI (ITA)

05-08-2006, 07:14 AM
And thank you yumo for posting the schedule :) And now all we need is for Tommy to win--pleeeeeeeease!

Alexiana
05-08-2006, 06:37 PM
ok, I'm gonna make the next tournament thread.....or Fee, she brought him luck ;)

05-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Well I know Tommy Girl and I aren't going to make the thread! You make it or get Neely to make it. All these defeats have got to stop :help:

Alexiana
05-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Well I know Tommy Girl and I aren't going to make the thread! You make it or get Neely to make it. All these defeats have got to stop :help:

Ok, we have to stay realistic, there have only been 2 first round defeats the whole year...... ;) but really silly ones...

Neely
05-08-2006, 07:09 PM
I watched the match in the 2nd and 3rd set. Tommy really started to play better in the 2nd set. From watching it seemed that his strategy was mostly hitting a bit higher with spin. He didn't seem to force the winners at all costs. It payed off for most of the rest of the match and he was in good position to win 6-3 or 6-4 in the third. There were some hard-fought games, one of them was maybe the key game for the match, at least a 10-minute service game of Tommy, the eigth game in the third set, and Tommy lost it. It involved pretty much everything. Then Tommy saved two match points in the next service game, but the third one was it finally for Monfils :sad:

Alexiana
05-08-2006, 07:10 PM
I watched the match in the 2nd and 3rd set. Tommy really started to play better in the 2nd set. From watching it seemed that his strategy was mostly hitting a bit higher with spin. He didn't seem to force the winners at all costs. It payed off for most of the rest of the match and he was in good position to win 6-3 or 6-4 in the third. There were some hard-fought games, one of them was maybe the key game for the match, at least a 10-minute service game of Tommy, the eigth game in the third set, and Tommy lost it. It involved pretty much everything. Then Tommy saved two match points in the next service game, but the third one was it finally for Monfils :sad:

where did you see the match? Very sad loss :sad:

05-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Ok, we have to stay realistic, there have only been 2 first round defeats the whole year...... ;) but really silly ones...
Yes, but Tommy is starting to get the reputation of a "headcase" and a "choker" and that we don't want because that gets ugly quick :rolleyes:

Neely
05-08-2006, 07:13 PM
where did you see the match? Very sad loss :sad:
In GM there is a thread with "live stream for Rome" or something like that and the guys said that it will be broadcasted via a programm called TVKoo which shows a channel 'Star Sports Asia' that started broadcasting the tournament since 18:00 our time.

Alexiana
05-08-2006, 07:14 PM
In GM there is a thread with "live stream for Rome" or something like that and the guys said that it will be broadcasted via a programm called TVKoo which shows a channel 'Star Sports Asia' that started broadcasting the tournament since 18:00 our time.

I don't need it anymore now :( whats with Kiwi? did he win?

05-08-2006, 07:32 PM
I don't need it anymore now :( whats with Kiwi? did he win?
I lost track of Kiwi. There were so many scores going on in that thread, if I hadn't gotten out of there I would be a "headcase" by now :eek:

Alexiana
05-08-2006, 07:33 PM
I lost track of Kiwi. There were so many scores going on im that thread, if I hadn't gotten out of there I would be a "headcase" by now :eek:

Kiwi won :D

05-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Kiwi won :D
Well now there is some good news ;)

Alexiana
05-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Well now there is some good news ;)

yes :) He should show Tommy how to win a Masters match...

05-08-2006, 07:39 PM
yes :) He should show Tommy how to win a Masters match...
Somehow I think Kiwi just wants to win his own Masters matches :rolleyes: After all he is ranked well above Tommy right now :sad:

Alexiana
05-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Somehow I think Kiwi just wants to win his own Masters matches :rolleyes: After all he is ranked well above Tommy right now :sad:

I hate to see Tommy as the german No. 2 :lol: Although I also like Kiwi, as you see in my sig.

05-08-2006, 07:52 PM
I hate to see Tommy as the german No. 2 :lol: Although I also like Kiwi, as you see in my sig.
I never knew anything about Kiwi until I joined the MTF. And people would talk about Kiwi and I would think who in the world is that :eek:

Alexiana
05-08-2006, 07:53 PM
I never knew anything about Kiwi until I joined the MTF. And people would talk about Kiwi and I would think who in the world is that :eek:

he's a really nice guy, although he acts a little weird sometimes on the court :lol:

05-08-2006, 07:59 PM
he's a really nice guy, although he acts a little weird sometimes on the court :lol:
:lol: I thought Kiwi was a fruit or people from New Zealand--but not a tennis player :rolleyes:

Alexiana
05-08-2006, 08:03 PM
:lol: I thought Kiwi was a fruit or people from New Zealand--but not a tennis player :rolleyes:

Kiwi is a great Nickname ;) better than Kiefer, always reminds me of that tree...

Truc
05-08-2006, 10:10 PM
The video of the "highlights" of the match from the atpmastersseries.tv website:
http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=08IO6BMY
(33.2 MB)

Neely
05-08-2006, 10:18 PM
The video of the "highlights" of the match from the atpmastersseries.tv website:
(33.2 MB)
Thanks for the service, Truc! :)
And yes, you are right to put the word 'highlights' entre guillemets (a little pun which I built in especially for you :hug: ), because I'm not sure that these are all highlights from Tommy's points of view :o

Truc
05-08-2006, 11:12 PM
You're welcome! I love the pun! :lol:
I didn't watch the match, but some points they show in the video are really nice to see (there often are spectacular points with Monfils, he's perfect for this kind of "highlights" videos!)

Poor Tommy, I didn't know before watching the video that he had made a df on the matchpoint!

05-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Truc normally it is always nice to see and hear from you, but today :eek:
"Highlights" I don't think so! And a df on Match point :scared: I don't know what happened to Tommy? He won two titles and then the illness, the injuries, and now it is like he can't get his form back at all :ras:

Neely
05-09-2006, 12:15 AM
I read that Tommy said he again feels pain in the wrist and his shoulder.
Damn, he can't seem to get it cured it seems. It goes away and comes back every two weeks again!

05-09-2006, 04:34 AM
I read that Tommy said he again feels pain in the wrist and his shoulder.
Damn, he can't seem to get it cured it seems. It goes away and comes back every two weeks again!
Well I hate to say this since we are supposed to be in the land of denial, but to continue to try and play tennis--practice and Tournaments, etc. may be getting to be too much for Tommy's body :sad:

Alexiana
05-09-2006, 12:52 PM
(33.2 MB)

thanks Truc :)

05-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Well again Tommy has :drive: off the road, but we are still getting good miles out of this thread :lol: I have to laugh or I will :bigcry:

<Eve>
05-12-2006, 11:29 AM
omg.. i really dislike kiwi for the wrong reasons..!! :rolleyes:
since the first time i watched a grand slam, kiwi ALWAYS had to play the match before the one i wanted to see (really ALWAYS)..
and he plays all those terrible 5-setters almost every match :eek:
so i really hate to see kiwi in the draws because then i know there will be a lot of long matches before the one i want to see :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o

and i hate henman because he gets all the broadcast time of wimbledon!! so when wimbledon starts i could almost start praying that henman will be out in the 1st round!! :lol:

<Eve>
05-12-2006, 11:56 AM
:crying2: those highlights are really depressing!!

and all those injuries, food poisoning etc... how in the world is it possible!? it looks like someone tries to eliminate tommy!!
i think federer is the suspect... :scratch: i will start an investigation ;)

<Eve>
05-12-2006, 12:15 PM
btw, i just put a bet on Monfils :lol: against andy :rolleyes:
let's see what happens!!

05-12-2006, 05:03 PM

and all those injuries, food poisoning etc... how in the world is it possible!? it looks like someone tries to eliminate tommy!!
I think an investigation is in order. Good for you Tommy Girl ;) Because something just has to be going on here. Tommy has not been the same since the illness and the injuries :sad:

05-12-2006, 05:06 PM
btw, i just put a bet on Monfils :lol: against andy :rolleyes:
let's see what happens!!
Actually I think your vCash is safe :lol: I can not believe that Andy is still in this Tournament :eek: By the way your new Avatar is that you and your male "best friend"?

<Eve>
05-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Actually I think your vCash is safe :lol: I can not believe that Andy is still in this Tournament :eek: By the way your new Avatar is that you and your male "best friend"?andy seems to be playing really well this tournament!! and yes the picture is of my best friend (dont put the tags "-" around it :lol: )

Alexiana
05-12-2006, 06:35 PM

I would guess Federer too :mad:

05-12-2006, 07:05 PM
andy seems to be playing really well this tournament!! and yes the picture is of my best friend (dont put the tags "-" around it :lol: )
:lol: I put the tags "-" around it because I think he is more than a best friend :p And you are right Andy has been playing really well this Tournament. But Andy in Rome on clay and he is winning :eek:

<Eve>
05-12-2006, 07:51 PM
:lol: I put the tags "-" around it because I think he is more than a best friend :p And you are right Andy has been playing really well this Tournament. But Andy in Rome on clay and he is winning :eek:ándy will start in 10 min if im not wrong!! :angel: so come on monfils!!!! :rocker:

05-12-2006, 11:44 PM
ándy will start in 10 min if im not wrong!! :angel: so come on monfils!!!! :rocker:
See didn't I tell you that your vCash was safe ;) Actually I was shocked that Andy made it to the quarters in a clay tournament that is not located in Houston :eek:

Alexiana
05-14-2006, 01:03 PM
The highlights were really sad. Tommy played well (except serving). That doublefault at the matchpoint really broke my heart :sad:

05-14-2006, 07:35 PM
If Tommy doesn't win a Match to me there are no highlights so I didn't try to see it. My pityful equipment probably wouldn't have let me see it anyway.