Australia v New Zealand RL Test .. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Australia v New Zealand RL Test ..

Mr Flamboyant
05-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Australia predictably short at $1.20 .. Line at -12.5 .. Always favour Australia to win these annual Anzac tests comfortably, given it's a rare occurrence when the best possible 17 are actually available and selected (as opposed to the end of season tri-series).

Tough to get a good read on the Aussies' chemistry and combinations given the shortish preparation. Good looking New Zealand team, although bit of a question mark over how the players who've come from England will perform.

sports freak
05-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Australia predictably short at $1.20 .. Line at -12.5 .. Always favour Australia to win these annual Anzac tests comfortably, given it's a rare occurrence when the best possible 17 are actually available and selected (as opposed to the end of season tri-series).

Tough to get a good read on the Aussies' chemistry and combinations given the shortish preparation. Good looking New Zealand team, although bit of a question mark over how the players who've come from England will perform.

Get on the Kangaroos Flamb and dont be shy buddy,actually predicted the line was gonna be -12.5pts,bookies right on the money only problem is that they didnt make the spread big enough!!Its should be atleast -20 to -24pts imo!!!Here are my reasons!!!

Andrews Freak Johns n Big Bad Ben Kennedy last test is a start and coule be the main reason,also Revenge is definetely on the minds but looking at this side to be honest i believe is one of The Best Kangaroos Sides in history imo,got everything from size,class and speed!!!Luke Odonell is the only one i could replace out of the starting 17!!!!One hell of a lineup,unbelieveable side!!!Lets ride the Kangaroos to the BANK,hopefully it will be all over by HT!!
See Kangaroos winning comfortable by 4 plus tries!!!Johns Man of the Match!!

Score Prediction Aus 50* - NZ ,12 to 18 max!!!!

bad gambler
05-02-2006, 09:09 PM
I would be very suprised if the Kiwis don't make this close

sports freak
05-03-2006, 04:18 AM
To be honest BG,i dont think this will be close at all,cant believe Kiwi's want to risk Benji for this game!!Just have a look at that lineup n already its mind blowing!!!Already i see a couple of tries to Tahu/Gasnier!!!This game will get ugly,how ugly is the question,answer is very very ugly!!!!

The Gucci one
05-03-2006, 04:23 AM
Value is definitely with the Kiwis there coach is a master motivator.

Finns4
05-03-2006, 04:25 AM
These games (OZ vs NZ not just ANZAC Test) are ether very close or a blow out, last 4 years has seen 5 kiwi victories. and a couple 1-12 margins to both teams. Two years ago on this match i had a massive multi wit Australia/Australia pay $1.15 lucky for me LOCKYER Kicked a field goal wit 30 seconds 2 go in the first half to make it 11-10. These games imo hav massive hoodoo lol

My Bets

LOCKYER Man of the match $11.00 --- Playin better football than the injured Joey atm

aswell

Joey Man of the match $5.50

sports freak
05-03-2006, 05:27 AM
These games (OZ vs NZ not just ANZAC Test) are ether very close or a blow out, last 4 years has seen 5 kiwi victories. and a couple 1-12 margins to both teams. Two years ago on this match i had a massive multi wit Australia/Australia pay $1.15 lucky for me LOCKYER Kicked a field goal wit 30 seconds 2 go in the first half to make it 11-10. These games imo hav massive hoodoo lol

My Bets

LOCKYER Man of the match $11.00 --- Playin better football than the injured Joey atm

aswell

Joey Man of the match $5.50

Looking to much in the past champ,Aussies are in their prime champ during mid season while some of the Kiwi's arent who are playin in England!!Cant believe a few of the guys here think its going to be close!!!Whitewash is on the menu and it will be served up!!Does anyone know how good this lineup is????This game should be over by half time if not the spread will be imo!!!

sports freak
05-03-2006, 05:29 AM
There could be value for NZ/Aust HT/FT for the loyal Kiwi backers if they think NZ could cover the spread!!!

andrew057
05-03-2006, 05:51 AM
Cooper and for that fact Gasnier being picked over Hodges makes me want to back the Kiwis on prinicple alone.

Will be back later this week with final picks.

Flam Ive got to disgaree with the best 17 being picked for Australia, because this is def not the case.

sports freak
05-03-2006, 06:04 AM
Cooper and for that fact Gasnier being picked over Hodges makes me want to back the Kiwis on prinicple alone.

Will be back later this week with final picks.

Flam Ive got to disgaree with the best 17 being picked for Australia, because this is def not the case.

Come on champ,its obvisous the selectors dont want to change the side too much that lost in England,this game has REVENGE written all over it!!!Only torrentual rain could save the spread imo!!!

How can you say its not the Best 17 picked??Who could you name n replace with the 17,i would love to know,apart from Hodges but insayin soo will that make the side better!!!!!!!

Mr Flamboyant
05-03-2006, 06:11 AM
Well Andrew there'll always be conjecture over whether or not the best team has been picked ect, but what I meant is that the selectors basically have everyone available to pick for this one .. unlike a lot of those post season tri-series games where there's usually a fair few who're off limits due to off-season surgery or other injury reasons.

andrew057
05-03-2006, 06:23 AM
Come on champ,its obvisous the selectors dont want to change the side too much that lost in England,this game has REVENGE written all over it!!!Only torrentual rain could save the spread imo!!!

How can you say its not the Best 17 picked??Who could you name n replace with the 17,i would love to know,apart from Hodges but insayin soo will that make the side better!!!!!!!

M-A-T-T-H-E-W B-O-W-E-N :angel:

andrew057
05-03-2006, 06:24 AM
Well Andrew there'll always be conjecture over whether or not the best team has been picked ect, but what I meant is that the selectors basically have everyone available to pick for this one .. unlike a lot of those post season tri-series games where there's usually a fair few who're off limits due to off-season surgery or other injury reasons.

Ok bro, I can argee with that :)

sports freak
05-03-2006, 06:53 AM
M-A-T-T-H-E-W B-O-W-E-N :angel:

Bowen defense is abit suspect compared to Hunt,plus Carmichael i feel is playing
great footy from rd 1 to now,while Bowen there has been glimpses which of course you expect that!!The question is will Bowen make the team better or Hunt,i think i will go with Hunt imho!!!!!Hunt for better value,selectors did the right job!!!

Mr Flamboyant
05-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Yet I'd say unreservedly, it will be a travesty if Bowen isn't selected as Queensland's fullback for the first State of Origin .. He MUST be given more minutes on the field than he's had in previous series.

Anyway, that's off the subject .. I think Hunt's superior size and the fact he had a very strong game against Canberra got him across the line. Bowen probably picked the worst game possible to come up with a few 'clangers' as he did against the Roosters.

andrew057
05-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Bowen defense is abit suspect compared to Hunt,plus Carmichael i feel is playing
great footy from rd 1 to now,while Bowen there has been glimpses which of course you expect that!!The question is will Bowen make the team better or Hunt,i think i will go with Hunt imho!!!!!Hunt for better value,selectors did the right job!!!

I dont like disagreeing with you Freak :sad:

But in this case, I can not see any resonable explanation for picking Hunt over Bowen, its an absolute disgrace. Bowens defense is at least on par with Hunt's and I cant see any other area of the game that Hunt in sueperior in.

andrew057
05-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Yet I'd say unreservedly, it will be a travesty if Bowen isn't selected as Queensland's fullback for the first State of Origin .. He MUST be given more minutes on the field than he's had in previous series.

Anyway, that's off the subject .. I think Hunt's superior size and the fact he had a very strong game against Canberra got him across the line. Bowen probably picked the worst game possible to come up with a few 'clangers' as he did against the Roosters.

Not off subject at all, its like saying Hunt should be QLD fullback over Bowen aswell.

Its a TRAVISTY I tell ya.

bad gambler
05-03-2006, 08:14 AM
yer agree with Andrew, this is not even close to the best 17 ON FORM

I mean Hunt??? :retard:

And hodges is easily the form centre in the comp at the moment

sports freak
05-03-2006, 08:14 AM
I dont like disagreeing with you Freak :sad:

But in this case, I can not see any resonable explanation for picking Hunt over Bowen, its an absolute disgrace. Bowens defense is at least on par with Hunt's and I cant see any other area of the game that Hunt in sueperior in.

Andrew like Flamb also mentioned under the high ball,i will back Hunt over Bowen,yes Bowen is a FREAK n can do anything in a sec no doubt but Hunt can prove he can do some of those things aswell,maybe not to the falir of Matty!!!
I believe this team is pic for hard nuts/ combos/ thinking footballers or strong mentally!!!The side is packed with talent already Andrew,1 or 2 players comin in wont make a differnece,the team is balance!!If you look at the Bench it say its all,how serious these guys want to trash their oppostion!!!!

Joey's Farewell - Best every Rugby player in the World!!!Gonna jump on line soon b4 the line escalates!!!!

bad gambler
05-03-2006, 08:16 AM
And if you are going to select Thurston, there was no point selecting him on the bench - I mean what utility value is he going to present over say a Matty Bowen or Craig Wing? Do you really think Locky,Johns or Buderus will be replaced at any point in the game?

Basically i see it is a token gesture on the selectors part to recognise his form over last year and this year - he had to be in the starting to team, or not picked at all

sports freak
05-03-2006, 08:20 AM
yer agree with Andrew, this is not even close to the best 17 ON FORM

I mean Hunt??? :retard:

And hodges is easily the form centre in the comp at the moment

Hodges will come in will it make the Aussie stronger instead of the Dragons pairing?????They will have to change a few things,change some combos,even then you will hope they pay off in the game!!!Selectors dont want to change to many things imo,stick to the basics which is play hard n go forward!!!!

andrew057
05-03-2006, 08:20 AM
And if you are going to select Thurston, there was no point selecting him on the bench - I mean what utility value is he going to present over say a Matty Bowen or Craig Wing? Do you really think Locky,Johns or Buderus will be replaced at any point in the game?

Basically i see it is a token gesture on the selectors part to recognise his form over last year and this year - he had to be in the starting to team, or not picked at all

Well put BG. When are the selectors going to pick the players in form and not these guys who have reputation.

Thurston SHOULD be there over Lockyer. Thurston won the Dally M last year and in the process played better then Lockyer for the season. Now Thurston is/was leading Dally M and playing better than Lockyer and is still not picked.

I read an article somewhere they werent going to pick Thurston but only did after the huge uproar from the public and media. But like you said have him start or pick Bowen on the bench.

andrew057
05-03-2006, 08:22 AM
Hodges will come in will it make the Aussie stronger instead of the Dragons pairing?????They will have to change a few things,change some combos,even then you will hope they pay off in the game!!!Selectors dont want to change to many things imo,stick to the basics which is play hard n go forward!!!!

Simply put Gasnier and Hodges would def be a stronger pairing at this stage. Cooper has done jack this season, I would have picked Bell and Tahu over him aswell.

Selectors dont want to change basics? Were these the same basics that saw them lose the tri-nations and look like shit in doing so?

sports freak
05-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Not off subject at all, its like saying Hunt should be QLD fullback over Bowen aswell.

Its a TRAVISTY I tell ya.

Hunt is more suitable for this Kangaroos lineup then Bowen,selectors dont want to see any signs of weakness in the defence for coach Carter to exploit!!!

bad gambler
05-03-2006, 08:24 AM

C'mon Freak, Gasnier I can agree with, but there is no way you can convince me that Cooper has had a better season than Hodges so far this season.

The reason of combination is a poor one IMO when it comes to representative selection - you are effectively penalising a player for not being in the same team as somebody else. And funny enough, that was the reason Hunt got the fullback job, his combination with Lockyer :rolleyes:

sports freak
05-03-2006, 08:29 AM

JT can slot into any postion no doubt,he will be dangerous comin off the bench nice and fresh while the Warriors start to get tired!!!Those 3 duos are that versatile that anyone of them can play in each of the others postion n give the other bloke a rest!!!

andrew057
05-03-2006, 08:31 AM
And where the hell is Crocker in this team, the most in from foward going around the paddock and they cant even find him a place on the bench. O'Donnell hasnt done anything this season. Come to think of it this is a TRAVISTY aswell. Crocker has to be in the team :(

sports freak
05-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Well put BG. When are the selectors going to pick the players in form and not these guys who have reputation.

Thurston SHOULD be there over Lockyer. Thurston won the Dally M last year and in the process played better then Lockyer for the season. Now Thurston is/was leading Dally M and playing better than Lockyer and is still not picked.

I read an article somewhere they werent going to pick Thurston but only did after the huge uproar from the public and media. But like you said have him start or pick Bowen on the bench.

Huh,Darren Lockyer the Kangaroos captain you want to replace in the starting 13???no way that was gonna happen,Daz gets first priority!!!JT will be more dangerous of the bench then starting imo,there he can take advantage of the Warriors forwards!!!

andrew057
05-03-2006, 08:34 AM
JT can slot into any postion no doubt,he will be dangerous comin off the bench nice and fresh while the Warriors start to get tired!!!Those 3 duos are that versatile that anyone of them can play in each of the others postion n give the other bloke a rest!!!

Thurston can only play half or hooker, I wouldnt be confident with him anywhere else. Bown is competent playing half and hooker, but can also slot in anywhere in the backs. Bowen would create a bigger impact then Thuston anyday.

BTW, Hunt and Thurston are two of my fav players, I dont like arguing against their selections :sad:

andrew057
05-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Huh,Darren Lockyer the Kangaroos captain you want to replace in the starting 13???no way that was gonna happen,Daz gets first priority!!!JT will be more dangerous of the bench then starting imo,there he can take advantage of the Warriors forwards!!!

Thats why we lost the tri-nations and might lose this one. Picking on reputation and not performance.

I cant wait for the SOO when Queensland pick a form team and wipe the floor with NSW :mad:

sports freak
05-03-2006, 08:36 AM
And where the hell is Crocker in this team, the most in from foward going around the paddock and they cant even find him a place on the bench. O'Donnell hasnt done anything this season. Come to think of it this is a TRAVISTY aswell. Crocker has to be in the team :(

Stroms have been on fire,just cause Crocker had a couple of good games doesnt warrant him to be selected,there has been alot of players having good b2b games etc!!!!

sports freak
05-03-2006, 08:40 AM
C'mon Freak, Gasnier I can agree with, but there is no way you can convince me that Cooper has had a better season than Hodges so far this season.

The reason of combination is a poor one IMO when it comes to representative selection - you are effectively penalising a player for not being in the same team as somebody else. And funny enough, that was the reason Hunt got the fullback job, his combination with Lockyer :rolleyes:

Thats harsh mate, Cooper did more of his fair shair in England if you watch the series,abit harsh when his been out most of this season to compare him with Hodges,geez ez!!!Cooper has performed n is a solid player plus he wont pass the ball in the in goal area!!!

andrew057
05-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Stroms have been on fire,just cause Crocker had a couple of good games doesnt warrant him to be selected,there has been alot of players having good b2b games etc!!!!

Bro Crocker has proven he can go around with the best at REP level and he is now the in form foward in the comp and theres no place for him? A couple good games? Crcoker has been on fire ALL season, excpet the game and a half he missed through injury.

sports freak
05-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Simply put Gasnier and Hodges would def be a stronger pairing at this stage. Cooper has done jack this season, I would have picked Bell and Tahu over him aswell.

Selectors dont want to change basics? Were these the same basics that saw them lose the tri-nations and look like shit in doing so?

Cooper has done shit cos his just got back form injuries mate,been out for most of the yr!!!Tahu was a great selection imo n yes definetely Bell was very unlucky gotta agree with you there!!!

andrew057
05-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Theres always going to be conjecture about who shouldve and shouldnt have been picked. Back to the point tho, IMO this is def not the best team that couldve been picked.

andrew057
05-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Cooper has done shit cos his just got back form injuries mate,been out for most of the yr!!!Tahu was a great selection imo n yes definetely Bell was very unlucky gotta agree with you there!!!

Yeah and picking players who are just coming back from injury and are out of form is a good thing?

sports freak
05-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Bro Crocker has proven he can go around with the best at REP level and he is now the in form foward in the comp and theres no place for him? A couple good games? Crcoker has been on fire ALL season, excpet the game and a half he missed through injury.

Now the inform forward of the comp???geez ez,thats a good one buddy!!!!What about his team mates that a running amok around him??

sports freak
05-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Yeah and picking players who are just coming back from injury and are out of form is a good thing?

Out of Form,now ur talking shit mate!!!!Have you seen Matt play lately????

sports freak
05-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Thats why we lost the tri-nations and might lose this one. Picking on reputation and not performance.

I cant wait for the SOO when Queensland pick a form team and wipe the floor with NSW :mad:

No way were gonna lose this one,we lost the last one on attitude imo,this tiem the attitude is totally different!!!

BTW- Go the Blues,although it will be tough this yr no doubt,QLD has the team this time round!!!

andrew057
05-03-2006, 08:56 AM
Out of Form,now ur talking shit mate!!!!Have you seen Matt play lately????

Ive seen Cooper a number of times this year and if he is in form I might aswell give up watching league.

Finns4
05-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Cooper is no where near the form he was in last year, given that his defence has improved, but i dont think his running and support game is quite on song...yet

Only bet i can still see as worth is the inform (last 3 weeks) Lockyer 4 man of the match $11.00

bad gambler
05-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Only bet i can still see as worth is the inform (last 3 weeks) Lockyer 4 man of the match $11.00

Don't see it happening when Joey is running the show

andrew057
05-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Might have a dabble on Petro for MOM, hes been in some hot form and can see him having a massive game.

sports freak
05-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Ive seen Cooper a number of times this year and if he is in form I might aswell give up watching league.

Like i said the bloke come off injuries and what do u expect him to dominate in his postion,geez i think u better stop watching league,its a pity you didnt watch the guy in full flight last yr!!!

andrew057
05-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Wake up Freak, I said Cooper was out of form and you acussed me of talking shit right? So that must mean in your opinion hes in form?
Which he clearly isnt.

sports freak
05-04-2006, 02:48 AM
Wake up Freak, I said Cooper was out of form and you acussed me of talking shit right? So that must mean in your opinion hes in form?
Which he clearly isnt.

Im not sayin his in form,like i said he just got back from injuries n what his done when he came back hasnt warrant him not to make the Aust side!!!the guy did alot in last yr tri -nations n selectors are payin their faith!!!Enough is enough mate your entitled to your opinion n vice versa,lets just move on and win some bets!!!

Strong leans on ANZAC TEST -MATCH!!!

Over 47.5pts - To go way over imo, around 60 but passing the 70pts isnt out of reach for Joey Johns who can convert them from the side line!!!

Kangaroos -12.5 pts over New Zealand - See a minimum of 4 tries victory!!!

CH9 Man of Match - Big Bad Busting Ben Kennedy @ 15.00 !!!!!!

Mr Flamboyant
05-04-2006, 05:34 AM
Must admit my first lean was / is towards a highish scoring game too .. over 47.5 might be a good one ..

Sports Freak, I have plenty of contacts in the industry, shall I put in a polite request that BK be plumbed for man of the match??!! ;)

sports freak
05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Must admit my first lean was / is towards a highish scoring game too .. over 47.5 might be a good one ..

Sports Freak, I have plenty of contacts in the industry, shall I put in a polite request that BK be plumbed for man of the match??!! ;)

Overs look gold Flamb imo, BK is out for REVENGE n has admitted that,the bloke is playing great footy,hope you talk to Gus n Matty to get the all clear,lol

andrew057
05-04-2006, 11:57 AM
BK is a diver :(

Mr Flamboyant
05-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Overs look gold Flamb imo, BK is out for REVENGE n has admitted that,the bloke is playing great footy,hope you talk to Gus n Matty to get the all clear,lol

Hehe .. yeah I'm a little too far down the 'food chain' to get to those guys!

bad gambler
05-05-2006, 05:36 AM
Kiwis to cover +12.5 v Australia - $1.91

gl

b_boy
05-05-2006, 06:21 AM
TAB Sportsbet's Glenn Munsie said Australia had been backed with his agency at $1.20, while $4.10 was available about the Kiwis.

"The money is running to the tune of six to four in favour of Australia to win the Test, but in handicap betting, there has been more on New Zealand with the 12.5-points start," said Munsie.

One TAB Sportsbet punter invested $10,000 on an all-up of Australia to win into the Cowboys into Melbourne to beat Souths at $2.43.

In other games this weekend, Parramatta have been backed to account for Canberra at $1.40 and to cover the 8.5-point start at $1.90, while the Bulldogs are tipped to beat the Roosters and the Sharks specked to account for St George Illawarra.

Munsie said the "strangest bet of the week" was on the New Zealand Warriors to win the NRL premiership at $51, while another punter had $1000 on the improving Roosters at $15 to win the comp.

b_boy
05-05-2006, 06:23 AM
i like "australia 1-12", going wait until a few mins before game kick off.

Mr Flamboyant
05-05-2006, 06:30 AM
I hate playing margins (leaving them out has led to a massive turnaround in my punting success) .. but 1-12 looks the best margin play tonight .. Kiwis with the 12.5 as noted above, has been pounded by punters.

andrew057
05-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Surprisingly imo moneny has come for the kiwis at pinnacle, so im taking Australia -12 @ $1.99

Big games from Hindmarsh, Tahu, Thurston and Hunt.

Hopefully Wiki plays, his battle with O'Meley will be something special. I cant remember being this hyped for a test match ever.

Go Aussies!!!!

Mr Flamboyant
05-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Australia out to $1.30 in the head to head ..

b_boy
05-05-2006, 10:55 AM
20-12 Australia 49 mins

b_boy
05-05-2006, 10:57 AM
TRY aussie

b_boy
05-05-2006, 10:58 AM
hindmarsh :)

b_boy
05-05-2006, 10:59 AM
26-12 aussie