What should i do for my bro [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What should i do for my bro

Rex
05-01-2006, 08:53 PM
i have a little brother, very talented player, and quite strong at 11 years old. He has been playing for about 2 years, and my coach says he is very talented for his age. So obviously, as his bigger brother i want to open up his chances at hitting it big as a pro. BUt what can i do right now, i hit with him a lot, and he is quite good.

Ive got him doing a bit of fitness, and he is using a jump rope...
He will be getting an LTA rating- the junior tournament system in england, similar to americas NTRP...

Well, what else can i do to make his tennis better...

Sjengster
05-01-2006, 08:57 PM
To see one wind-up thread may be considered an amusing diversion; to see two, indicates a dearth of imagination.

almouchie
05-01-2006, 09:15 PM
is in there any academies in england to help the younger players around
after all with the dearth of talent in britain if a young player has some skills they might be willing to take a gamble
or take a leaf of the murray book
best of luck thou

binkygirl
05-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Send him to one of the tennis academies in Spain immediately. He needs constant competition every day.

ae wowww
05-01-2006, 09:48 PM
:lol: Doomed!

Allstar
05-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Get out of England

Nathaliia
05-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Move him to chat thread about Attention Seekers (created by ingenious Nathii of course). Xristos is already there and feeling familiar. His video will be only for us :worship:

And seriously, he couldn't give up overall physical exercises, like to have one part of body more developed than the other (happens to juniors). Would be good if he could try himself at the age level for national best players, but of course it doesn't have to mean anything (the scores). Playing ETA events would be cool at this age... It takes money yes, but also gives experience. After ETA it's not even necessary for him to play any junior things, he can just turn pro and try like Korolev.

Good luck to you and his brother :wavey:

jole
06-13-2006, 02:20 AM
The biggest piece of advice I can give you is try your best to make sure it stays fun for him. I have seen burn-out ruin a lot of talented kids.

El Legenda
06-13-2006, 02:24 AM
he is 11?!?! its too late :wavey: :) unless he is like Ljubicic, who started at 9 and its taking him good 16 years to come to the top.

jole
06-13-2006, 02:52 AM
I don't know that I'm seeing a second Nadal of the future, but he could still play tennis at a university np.