Pat and Cliff are Mingers :@(keep it alive!) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Pat and Cliff are Mingers :@(keep it alive!)

Chloe le Bopper
08-07-2002, 07:38 PM
Could these two possibley be any more irritating?

During the Keifer -Roddick match, Andy broke to go up 4-3 in the second set.

Kiefer went over to his chair on the changeover and kicked the stand with his name on it really hard, and nearly took the chair down with it.

Cliff says something like "I dont see what he is getting so mad about. Roddick just has more game" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Then the two of them discuss how Andy's game if just the shit, and how the less talented Kiefer should take his beating like a man :rolleyes:

What a pair of freakin idiots.

TennisHack
08-07-2002, 07:42 PM
LOL!! Becca you should have heard me during Roland Garros. I HATED it being on ESPN, I wished it was on USA with JohnnyMac & Ted Robinson instead (like last year). Between PattyMac sucking up to every American player imaginable, Cliff being droll and explaining tiebreak rules over and over and over, and ESPN electing to only show American matches until the last American died, I nearly had a heart attack. Another girl and I were posting up a storm in Mrs G's Yahoo group complaining about how much we hated the commentators!!

At least John McEnroe is funny, and he cracks on the players equally. I rewatched my 2001 RG tapes and he was going off on Yevgeny like there was no tomorrow about his schedule! :D And he didn't blame Kafel, necessarily, but the bad scheduling on the part of the ATP.

Chloe le Bopper
08-07-2002, 07:44 PM
I can't imagine why John wouldn't like Kafelnikov....

But seriously, I do not mind John. At least he can say something bad about an American players game.

Pat and Cliff on the other hand, jump from bandwagon to bandwagon, while making a very weak attempt to remove themselves from the pull of Andy's ass.

TheBoiledEgg
08-07-2002, 07:45 PM
Kiefer has more talent in his semen than dickhead put together has

am i going too far (oops)

Chloe le Bopper
08-07-2002, 07:45 PM
I didn't get to watch Ferrero and Agassi at Roland Garros, because TSN sucks :fiery:

But I can only imagine... :rolleyes:

TennisHack
08-07-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by TheBoiledEgg
Kiefer has more talent in his semen than dickhead put together has

am i going too far (oops)

Eggy, I almost fell out of my chair at that! :D

Chloe le Bopper
08-07-2002, 07:47 PM
lol @ TBE - I agree that is why I was so mad with the commentators :fiery:

Kiefer would contruct beautiful point after point, then play a sloppy game - and they'd talk about how he esssentially sucked :rolleyes:

TennisHack
08-07-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca
I didn't get to watch Ferrero and Agassi at Roland Garros, because TSN sucks :fiery:

But I can only imagine... :rolleyes:

Basically, Patrick was saying that Andre had a good chance to win that match (yeah, right) and he actually praised him when Andre was trying to return serve from the service line!! (That, by the way, was the only reason he won the third set, because he was being a prick and it threw Juan Carlos off). When Juan Carlos kicked his ass in the last set, only then did Patrick acknowledge that Juan Carlos had the best chance to win RG.

Patrick is the worst of the two in my opinion. The only way he's getting away from Andy's ass is when he's in Andre's. You don't know what kind of satisfaction I got when Michel defeated Agassi at Indian Wells, Patrick singing Agassi's praises til the very end.

Pea
08-07-2002, 07:50 PM
Semen....dickhead......is this still a tennis board?:o

Seriously, I think they should stop licking dickhead's ass. I think they would have swallowed it by now.

TRUE tennis fans KNOW Nicolas has much more talent than dickhead.

Chloe le Bopper
08-07-2002, 07:51 PM
Listening to these two, reminds me why I loudly cheer for Andy and Andre's opponent.

Goonergal
08-07-2002, 07:56 PM
I don't even see Pat and Cliff here and I hate them already ;)

Pea
08-07-2002, 08:31 PM
LMAO@Lleyton's Chick! I should be sooo lucky.:o

Most of tennis is shown on ESPN and to have these guys on everyday!:eek: Where's Mal or even LUKE JENSEN for that matter! LMAO! I would like to hear a nonbias commentating for once.:o

Lily
08-07-2002, 09:11 PM
oh good, i was waiting for this thread. Thanks Rebecca!

Pat and Cliff need to get a divorce and move far away from each other. And listening to them speak about their lovechild Roddick is just sickening. They never give his opponent any credit and they always ignore when Roddick makes an error. And when Roddick does something "cute" they have to point it out over and over and over. I'm beginning to like Hewitt more and frankly, thats just scaring me.

And TennisHack, you are so right! Having RG on ESPN was such a HUGE mistake. They treated it as if it was a MS. Absolutely no respect for it. And always showing American players?! There are other players on the tour, but you wouldnt have known that if you were watching. It needs to move back to USA next year where it belongs and not with the idiots at ESPN.

yeah, where is Mal or Jensen or ANYONE ELSE???

TennisHack
08-07-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Pea
Where's Mal or even LUKE JENSEN for that matter!

Egads, Luke Jensen is right where he belongs--college tennis :rolleyes:

Mal Washington is okay, I'll agree to that one :)

Pea
08-07-2002, 09:24 PM
OMG! ROTFLMAO@TennisHack! I also have seen him comment on challengers.:o

TennisHack
08-07-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Pea
OMG! ROTFLMAO@TennisHack! I also have seen him comment on challengers.:o

:eek: They show challengers on ESPN?

Pea
08-07-2002, 09:30 PM
No, on regional fox affiliates.:)

TennisHack
08-07-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Pea
No, on regional fox affiliates.:)

Ah. My regional Fox affiliate doesn't show Challgener tournaments, even though there's one in my state. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Fox, though, what about Barry McKay? He's pretty good, if a little overenthusiastic at times.

Murkofan
08-07-2002, 10:13 PM
:eek: :eek: Barry McKay??

"Drop shot!"
"No!"
"He got it!"
"There it is!"

Pea
08-07-2002, 11:06 PM
Barry McKay, *sigh* well he's alot better than bud(Venus is my lovechild and serena my step lovechild)collins.:p

Chloe le Bopper
08-07-2002, 11:36 PM
BUd Collins *shudders*

TennisHack
08-07-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Pea
Barry McKay, *sigh* well he's alot better than bud(Venus is my lovechild and serena my step lovechild)collins.:p

Oh, God, Bud Collins could bite me. He hated the 32-seeding that Wimbledon went to last year, saying it "bloated the field" or something inane like that.

Chloe le Bopper
08-07-2002, 11:38 PM
At least Pat doesn't wear a stupid bow tie, and talk about how Pete is one to watch in his ROland Garros preview :rolleyes:

Goonergal
08-07-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca
At least Pat doesn't wear a stupid bow tie, and talk about how Pete is one to watch in his ROland Garros preview :rolleyes:

He said that! :eek:ROTFLMAO! :D

Chloe le Bopper
08-07-2002, 11:43 PM
It was in his article on MSNBC - he had Pete listed among the people who actually had a shot at winning it.

I'm trying to remember if he even mentioned any of the Spaniards now :p

the cat
08-08-2002, 02:56 AM
What has happened to TheBoiledEgg? :confused: At WTA World he was pretty normal. Over here he's acting crazy! :eek: And he's a Moderator?

Becca, I would hope Cliff Drysdale would know by not to be more impartial. He's only been doing this for more than 15 years?

And where is Fred Stolle? I loved listening to him for years! :D

tennischick
08-08-2002, 03:52 AM
i think that Pat and Cliff are at their worst when the Android is playing. then they literally fall all over themselves in wonder. it's sickening...:mad: i loved the silence tonite after Wayne Arthurs spanked his ugly butt. they were both at a loss for words. LOL! :eek:

also, in a very recent Tennis magazine, there was an interview with Pat MacEnroe's wife and she said how she didn't like the way Pat looked up to Cliff as if Cliff was the second coming. OK so those weren't her actual words but that was definitely the sentiment. appparently she is some kind of media person and in addition to teaching Pat how to dress for the camera, she also taught him how to stop fawning on Cliff's words. i think he needs a refresher. :o :o

or maybe she should just do a Mrs. Tarango and slap hsome sense into him! ;) ;)

TheBoiledEgg
08-08-2002, 04:12 AM
no cat i'm not a moderator
this is how i'm normally like but ATP means less to me so i can express my feelings alot more ;)

the cat
08-08-2002, 04:16 AM
Patrick McEnroe is his own man. He had his own playing career and he has his own analysts career, with or without Cliff Drysdale. And he is the U.S. Davis Cup Captain. So I do want to hear what he says. And TC, he's a heck of a nice guy, too! :)

And that bit about Pat's Wife saying or intimating that about Drysdale. I must have missed it. What issue was it in? I'm not doubting you at all, TC. You always have credible tennis information. I'd just like to read it and determine for myself what she meant.

Chloe le Bopper
08-08-2002, 06:09 AM
the cat, you are welcome to love Pat all you would like.

I don't doubt that he is quite nice, everytime I see him on TV he has always been quite pleasant.

However, that doesn't excuse the fact that they are totally xenophobic and think that every single American player is the second coming of Rod Laver.

KarstenBraasch#1
08-08-2002, 12:32 PM
Maybe Kiefer has more talent but it is very deeply buried (and should stay there). ;)

Pea
08-08-2002, 01:31 PM
LMAO! Pat said Dent will take out Juan Carlos!:rolleyes:

tennischick
08-08-2002, 01:38 PM
don't laugh. Denthead has a good chance of taking out Juanqui. tht big serve. and apparently he played quite well in Newport (not that that tourny counts for anything :eek: )

Cat, it was within the last 2-3 months. you know that section up front where they interview a celebrity tennis player? well, Pat's wife was the celebrity a couple of months ago. was i the only one who saw it? don't people read Tennis magazine faithfully every month? :o anyway, i didn't even know he was married until i read that. she came across as quite witty but she was quite frank about his fawning on Cliffy. like i said, those were not her words but it was the sentiment.

Pea
08-08-2002, 01:47 PM
I don't think denthead could handle the accuracy of Juan Carlo's groundstrokes.

Nimi
08-08-2002, 01:51 PM
Well I dont get them over here, but as u guys describe them :eek:

tennischick
08-08-2002, 01:57 PM
i hope you're right Pea bec i can't bear to watch Denthead. i can't believe the day would come when i actually would root for Sushi!! :eek: :eek: (hopes rebecca misses this thread)

Layla
08-08-2002, 07:36 PM
OMG, these guys sound so horrible. :rolleyes: This is the only reason I'm glad I watch tennis in Europe. Although the coverage absolutely sucks (no masters, very few tourneys and NO WIMBLEDON :eek:), the commentators are fantastic. I call them my commentators affectionatly, because I'm so fond of them. They are extremely knowledgable about tennis, never have any favorites or if they do they never let on. They don't even drool over Henman. Plus they're really funny and provides loads of useful information. I've learned so much from them. I would just like to take this opportunity to thank them. :)

But if I had to choose between loads of tennis coverage on tv and occasional good commentaries, I would have to choose the coverage, so I would gladly exchange my Eurosport for your ESPN. :p

Lily
08-08-2002, 07:46 PM
i would kill for non-biased commentators...

the cat
08-08-2002, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the info, TC!

I thought you liked Dent?

Chloe le Bopper
08-08-2002, 08:33 PM
i hope you're right Pea bec i can't bear to watch Denthead. i can't believe the day would come when i actually would root for Sushi!! (hopes rebecca misses this thread)

Its only a matter of time before you cave, and root for Ferrero :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: ALL the time TC ;) I can see it now - soon you will be joining us in the forum :D

hmm, Taylor did take the first set. But we'll see ;)

Pat and Cliff were a riot, the way they were talking you'd think that Ferrero was the struggling pro, and Dent was the top ten player who had won masters series :rolleyes:

Pea
08-08-2002, 09:16 PM
Ferrero will win like I said. Just a hiccup in the first set.;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-08-2002, 09:23 PM
pft, if he wins he'll have to do it in the tie break :fiery:

maybe Dent will double fault or something in ti breaker....

Chloe le Bopper
08-08-2002, 09:36 PM
pft Karma :rolleyes - Ferrero df-ed int he breaker -

But he still extracted the Dent!

Pat and Cliff are so annoying :fiery: Cliff brought up Ferrero's passing shots earlier on and Pat was like "well you have to take into account clay courts and fast courts though", then half an hour later Pat was singing praises about Ferrero's passing shot :rolleyes:

Pea
08-08-2002, 09:36 PM
OMG! PFFF! Juan Carlos had a comfortable lead!:fiery:

Chloe le Bopper
08-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Its okay Pea, that was just one deep rooted tooth :D

TheBoiledEgg
08-08-2002, 09:40 PM
he extracted the dentist :D

he drilled him into submission :D

Pea
08-08-2002, 10:05 PM
LMAO! One annoying American down.....2 more to go!:fiery:

Chloe le Bopper
08-08-2002, 10:11 PM
No worries pea, Agassi will go way of Lleyton tomorrow ;)

Andy will go way of Lleyton too me thinks ;)

the cat
08-09-2002, 02:03 AM
Becca, you are too critical of Cliff and Pat. You point out there every little faux pas!

tennischick
08-09-2002, 02:16 AM
Pat and Cliff totally suck. yesterday Cliff was ACTUALLY conceding (during the Gonzalez match) that it was unfair to call these guys clay-courters bec they were clearly also adept on hard courts. Pat said not a word. not a flipping word. i couldn't believe it. and instead of restating the point and insisting on discussion, Cliff weaseled out and let it drop. i was pissed off at them both.

and i agree. Denthead has a crap game but they kept fawning on him.

and Cat i have no idea why you would think that i liked Denthead. where on earth did i ever say that? i'm actually glad he's been extracted. and in a tie-breaker too!! woohoo!!! :bounce:

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 02:17 AM
Well the cat, if they didn't have so many that wouldn't be necessary.

If they didnt pick players not even in the top 20, to smack the crap out of a top ten player-masters series winning-grandslam finalist, then perhaps I would be able to stomache them.

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 02:18 AM
TC must really not like someone when she is joyous that a fish ate them :D

AtPGiRL
08-09-2002, 02:32 AM
ROTFLMAO @ this thread! Pat and Cliff do suck! I used to really like Cliff until I realized he had no opinion of his own and just agrees with whatever that biased Pat says!

Johnny Mac is SO much better than Pat! HE's way less biased!
And all of Pat's predictions are always wrong! I'm sure he's picking Gagassi to beat Hewitt, but I hope my little Llegs puts a spanking on the a-train and derails him tomorrow night! :D

And there noses are WAY too far up Andy and Andre's asses.. I'm surprised they can even speak! :rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 02:44 AM
Hopefully atpgirl, because the prospect of another Andy-Lleyton match awaits and thrills me *rubs hands together and cackles evily*

AtPGiRL
08-09-2002, 03:05 AM
yes Rebecca, I'm licking my chops in anticipation of that too! :p

Murkofan
08-09-2002, 03:37 AM
You point out there every little faux pas!

Actually, they're both just one big huge annoying faux pas. :o :p

Atpgirl, you referred to Lleyton as Llegs. :p Are you from RR?

the cat
08-09-2002, 04:07 AM
TC, like Father like Son! I assumed necause you liked hid Dad Phil Dent, that you like his Son Taylor, too. And to think I posted that thread about the Tennis Week article on the Dent's because I thought you liked them! :confused:

TennisHack
08-09-2002, 07:01 PM
For more inanity:

Patrick has decided that Cliff should be nicknamed "CDry", since Cliffy calls him "PMac". :rolleyes: They spent a good few points of the Moya/Schuettler match discussing this!

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 08:00 PM
Wow, those two are just so hip, it makes me feel so not with the times :rolleyes:

Pea
08-09-2002, 08:04 PM
Dry........seems like a reasonable analysis.:p

I like PattyMac better!:p

the cat
08-09-2002, 09:35 PM
Drysdale and McEnroe? I guess ESPN is happy with them. :) Aren't they?

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 10:33 PM
oh SHUT UP :rolleyes:

It figures that you would like them.

ESPN is happy with them because they can't find an American commentators not named McEnroe that are better - which is sooooooooooo sad :sad:

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 10:34 PM
By the way cat, if you have nothing to say besides stupid things, that you say 234234986u9043856430985234 times, why even bother?

It is such a freakin yawn.

If you like them and dont agree, then say something we can talk about as opposed to your usualy dribble.

TennisHack
08-09-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Pea
Dry........seems like a reasonable analysis.:p

I like PattyMac better!:p

LOL, can I take credit for that one? I think I'm the one that started calling him that, since I call his brother JohnnyMac.

I wish John McEnroe would touch the ESPN broadcasts. He'd make them so much more entertaining on a consistent basis. Altho hear Cliffy call Ferrero a swordfighter was pretty funny.

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 10:52 PM
I think I called him PattyMac on the other boards :p

Great minds think alike :angel:

tennischick
08-09-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by the cat
TC, like Father like Son! I assumed necause you liked hid Dad Phil Dent, that you like his Son Taylor, too. And to think I posted that thread about the Tennis Week article on the Dent's because I thought you liked them! :confused:

you're clearly mistaken. i don't think i've ever made a single comment about Denthead's dad in my entire life. i dunno a thing about him so i dunno how on earth you got the impression that i was a fan. you're confusing me with someone else.

in fact i don't think i even read your tennis week thread!

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 10:55 PM
the cat - okay I was just pretty rude :o I don't mean to be, but you get on my nerves sometimes :sad:

the cat
08-09-2002, 11:16 PM
Geez Becca, please calm down! I'm surprised my opinions and occasional tweakings have caused you such frustration! :( This is only tennis afterall.

And it's drivel, not dribble! And, and, and, I hope it's not drivel! :)

Becca, after reading your previous two posts, I was considering leaving the board. But your quasi apology surprised me and made me feel a little better.

And remember Becca, I have taken much worse from you than you have from me! :eek:

And I'll try not to continue to say the same things over and over. I try to post in a fair, uncontroversial and inoffensive way. :angel: Becca, I know I rub you and others the wrong way sometimes. But it's only tennis, and nothing personal is ever meant in anything I say.

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 11:19 PM
You should not leave the board over my dribble :p

And it's drivel, not dribble! And, and, and, I hope it's not drivel!

And yes it's dribble in this case :) When one is foaming at the mouth, stuff dribbles out of it :D

the cat
08-09-2002, 11:31 PM
OMG Becca! :eek: You're being tender and caring with me! :) I feel much better now! :D I can go out to dinner feeling okay. Becca, speaking of foaming at the mouth, your harsh comments almost ruined my appetite! :(

TC, sorry about the mix up! :eek: I thought I recalled you saying recently that you thought Phil Dent was very good looking. I guess I got you mixed up with someone else. Sorry.

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 11:33 PM
the cat, you really don't need to pretend that you care what I say.

The sarcasm is rather amsuing, but only to a certain point.

It is only funny when I'm sarcastic :D

the cat
08-09-2002, 11:41 PM
Becca, I was only being partly sarcastic. I was happy to see your last couple of posts. I would be glad to debate you in anything. Tennis, sports, Politics, etc. But you carry such an edge with you sometimes, that I worry about upsetting you because you might come out swinging! :eek:

Now I must go to dinner. Have a good night! :) And I mean it, too!

TennisHack
08-09-2002, 11:53 PM
But you carry such an edge with you sometimes, that I worry about upsetting you because you might come out swinging!

Repeat after me: It's only a board, it's only a board . . .

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 01:03 AM
GROUP HUG :p

Pea
08-10-2002, 04:57 AM
Please have sex already, the 2 of ya!:rolleyes:;)

TennisHack
08-10-2002, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Pea
Please have sex already, the 2 of ya!:rolleyes:;)

:eek: To whom are you speaking, Pea?

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 09:36 AM
I think Pea was talking to me and the cat :p

Lily
08-10-2002, 11:09 AM
cat sex?

this is too wierd

AtPGiRL
08-10-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Marly

Atpgirl, you referred to Lleyton as Llegs. :p Are you from RR?

Yah! That would be me Marly!! :p
I'll let you guess who! lol!

Goonergal
08-10-2002, 10:29 PM
Becca! I just realised you changed the thread name to Mingers! :bounce: i'm soooooooo proud! :D

Murkofan
08-10-2002, 11:08 PM
Love the thread's new title, Becca! ;)

Murkofan
08-10-2002, 11:17 PM
AtpGirl, your homepage takes me to tennistapes.com. Are you.....Christine??

Chloe le Bopper
08-11-2002, 12:01 AM
Well it makes sense doesn't it?

Pat+Cliff = Mingers :D

safin_fan
08-11-2002, 06:46 AM
I also hate Cliff's and Patrick's commentary during the matches. I loved it when Jim Courier did the commentating during Wimby. He said what he thought and didn't kiss certain players rear ends. I would love to see Jim Courier and Todd Martin (when he retires) in the booth.

Chloe le Bopper
08-11-2002, 06:47 AM
Jim courier is alright, aside from his being Andy's third buttock :o

Static
08-11-2002, 06:56 AM
Jimmy loves to sing too :o

Hurley
08-11-2002, 08:39 AM
I have to admit...I am Andy's biggest fan but, seriously, Pat and Cliffie are delusional when it comes to him. They have repeatedly said within the past two weeks that once Andy breaks your serve, the set is over because he is unbreakable. But immediately Andy often gets broken right back! They seem to ignore it. I loved it when they said that during the first game of the Ferreira match -- "This set is pretty much over" -- and then Wayne broke right back.

Andy is great and I love him to death, but, honestly, he still hasn't beaten anyone really great. He hasn't beaten Hewitt or Agassi at the top of their games. He hasn't beaten Safin. He hasn't beaten Haas. Pat and Cliff are really overestimating him. Canas totally took him apart last week, and Gonzalez this week.

I love the kid but he still has lots of work to do to even come close to winning a major. And all of the ass-kissing will not help him improve, now will it?

Chloe le Bopper
08-11-2002, 10:46 AM
Hurley - nice post - that is why I laugh at Pat and Cliff so much :D:D:D:D:D

They talk people up so much, then end up looking stupid when that person lets them down.

But hang in there, much to the dismay of many ;) Andy will beat someone, some day, Im' sure ;)

And even if he doesn't get monster wins, he can still be a Henman type Top 5 :D:D:D

But serious, Pat and Cliff are MIngers :D:D

tennischick
08-11-2002, 03:29 PM
i missed the match between Gonzalez and Roddick. i can't believe i did this! i wonder how Pat and Cliff coped with that loss? i wonder how they consoled each other? :o :p

if you think they are bad when it comes to Andy, they are at their worst when the Android is playing. it's like the second coming or something. they lick Samprass's ass so much it's nauseating. :fiery: :fiery: i can't bear to listen to those two during the Android's matches. and each time he gets an ace, they cum in their pants right there in the commentary booth. i swear. :mad: :mad:

dots
08-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by tennischick
and each time he gets an ace, they cum in their pants right there in the commentary booth. i swear. :mad: :mad:

ewwwww, I didn't need that:o :o :o :o :o :o :eek: :eek: :eek:

lurker
08-11-2002, 05:29 PM
I loved how they confidently claimed that Robby Ginepri would give Lleyton a tough match, but then he got bagelled in the first set and they shut up. Then instead of "is he going to give Hewitt a tough match?" it became, "is he even going to win a game?":D

Then they thought, well, Davide Sanguinetti would be able to be more competitive than Ginepri...and even he couldn't win a game!

Then they backpedalled and said, well Nieminen would go down easily to Lleyton and he won a set!!

Then they hyped up the Agassi-Hewitt quarterfinal to nauseating extreme, just because of the San Jose match...and once Lleyton took the first set, Agassi went away.

They sounded extremely disappointed when Gonzalez ran out of steam against Lleyton.

Now, they think Lleyton will EASILY take out Moya. :eek: This is good news for Moya fans...(but I hope their minging is wrong this time.)

Lily
08-11-2002, 07:48 PM
lurker-

yep-ping at everything you said

its really amazing how Pat and Cliff can predict matches :)

Pea
08-11-2002, 08:31 PM
They said Fernando didn't have a chance against roddick and than they thought Fernando can be a top ten player!:eek::rolleyes:

I knew that way before he beat their roddick.

TennisHack
08-11-2002, 08:37 PM
Pat & Cliff said Juan Carlos Ferrero could win the US Open this year during his match with Wayne Arthurs.

This is, of course, after they predicted James Blake and Taylor Dent would take him out easily.

I think that speaks for itself . . .

lurker
08-11-2002, 09:28 PM
Well, according to PMac and Cliffy, anyone that can beat their Rodprick is Top Ten potential...it makes them feel better to say that.

AtPGiRL
08-11-2002, 11:26 PM
rotf @ this thread!! It's all so true! Esp about Pat and Cliff cumming in their pants whenever Pete serves an ace! *lmfao* they do the same thing for Andy and Gagassi!

tennischick
08-12-2002, 12:16 AM
...TC, sorry about the mix up! :eek: I thought I recalled you saying recently that you thought Phil Dent was very good looking. I guess I got you mixed up with someone else. Sorry.

i barely have a clue who Phil Dent is much less to have an opinion on his looks. if he looks anything like his son, Lud help us! :eek:

yes Cat, you are very mistaken. in fact i have no idea what the heck u're on about since i have never ever commented on Phil.

TennisHack
08-12-2002, 12:54 AM
::LOOOOOOONG string of expletives::

ESPN sucks, they really suck. They cut away at 15-all on Hewitt's serve for the second set to show baseball. BASEBALL! And they said that we can see the match in its entirety at 10:30 pm est on ESPN2.

What a bunch of assholes!

Chloe le Bopper
08-12-2002, 04:48 AM
TSN started showing canadian football because they got sick of waiting with the rain delay - that and they dont have a choice I guess, but GRAR :D

[quote]if you think they are bad when it comes to Andy, they are at their worst when the Android is playing. it's like the second coming or something. they lick Samprass's ass so much it's nauseating. i can't bear to listen to those two during the Android's matches. and each time he gets an ace, they cum in their pants right there in the commentary booth. i swear. [quote]

:D:D

You are totally correct TC, they are not the worst with Andy. Infact, I found them so terrible with even Taylor Dent, that I had to put poor Taylor and Juan Carlos' grunts on ignore for the whole tie break :p

Chloe le Bopper
12-17-2002, 09:31 PM
It's almost that time again.... :o

Pea
12-17-2002, 11:17 PM
It's it.................another season for cheers and jeers!:D

Vera
12-18-2002, 04:06 AM
But we can't close the year without PMac's stupidity completely accounted for.

Here's one from TMC this year.
In Novak against Ferrero match in RR, PMac questioned Ferrero's ability on hard court. He took on a bet with Cliff to bet against Ferrero winning a big hard court tourney in the near future. He had no good things to say about Ferrero's hardcourt game. Then 2 matches later, he said on TV that he picked Ferrero to win the TMC Final :rolleyes:. Let's just say PMac can't finished a week of broadcast without completely making a fool of himself.