Andy becomes Stefankinstien's monster!! (Andy's coach thread) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andy becomes Stefankinstien's monster!! (Andy's coach thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Fumus
04-28-2006, 03:42 PM
I know this is a bit of old gossip but, I heard Paul was watching Andy's matches at DC, and we all know Paul isn't working with Tim anymore.

Does anyone else think this thing with Andy's brother as his coach, can and won't last...

I strongly believe that before the hc season, or maybe even grass court, depending on how things go...we may see a name coach for Andy. I think that's a good idea because a new coach besides giving Andy a better game plan and improved play...just may give him that cofidence/boost he's been searching for.

Opinions?

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 03:47 PM
I think he'd be a good coach for Andy but I think Andy's content with John for at least the foreseeable future.

Fumus
04-28-2006, 03:58 PM
I hate John as the coach because I think Andy needs someone with alittle more insight. It's just stupid for him, ya know...he does alot of things so professional, I want to see a real coach for him. I am almost certain he wouldn't be losing matches to nobodies likes he is, if he had a coach that could scout and game plan like I know Annacone or any top guy could do.

Dirk
04-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Paul is overrated. He sat by and let Pete let his full court game go down the hill. Pete once said all he did was "watch my ball toss".

Still, Paul could help Andy out more on his net game but I would love for Andy to take Rafter or Stich up on their offers. It would be hard for me to root against Andy if he had Rafter in his box. ;)

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 04:09 PM
I hate John as the coach because I think Andy needs someone with alittle more insight. It's just stupid for him, ya know...he does alot of things so professional, I want to see a real coach for him. I am almost certain he wouldn't be losing matches to nobodies likes he is, if he had a coach that could scout and game plan like I know Annacone or any top guy could do.if you don't stop saying "alot" I'm not going to read your posts anymore ;) :kiss:

I think Andy is happy with the comfort and peace john brings. I think he has to get out of his mental slump befoe he can think about his game. And I don't think his current play is John's fault at all. Brad and Dean are both great coaches, and they scout very well. They couldn't help him, it's not a matter of coaching right now I firmly believe that and don't feel like getting into that diatribe again. But Andy's had good coaches, they didn't help, so I don't see any reason to believe that bringing Annacone in would somehow miraculously help him. Plus, John is a real coach, he has coached top top juniors and runs his own academy. It's not like he's a chump just b/c he's Andy's brother.

tangerine_dream
04-28-2006, 04:14 PM
If Paul came onboard part-time that would be great. Someone needs to show Andy how to get to the net after he serves. ;)

And brother John is not useless; he's helped Andy overcome some mental blocks and is working on rebuilding his confidence again, which seems to be working quite well as we saw at Davis Cup. :)

Dirk
04-28-2006, 04:14 PM
if you don't stop saying "alot" I'm not going to read your posts anymore ;) :kiss:

I think Andy is happy with the comfort and peace john brings. I think he has to get out of his mental slump befoe he can think about his game. And I don't think his current play is John's fault at all. Brad and Dean are both great coaches, and they scout very well. They couldn't help him, it's not a matter of coaching right now I firmly believe that and don't feel like getting into that diatribe again. But Andy's had good coaches, they didn't help, so I don't see any reason to believe that bringing Annacone in would somehow miraculously help him. Plus, John is a real coach, he has coached top top juniors and runs his own academy. It's not like he's a chump just b/c he's Andy's brother.

He can't fix his mind without improving his game. His mind didn't just disappear, it got hammered away by losses he experienced in the last two years.

Golfnduck
04-28-2006, 04:16 PM
I think Paul would be a good coach for Andy, but I would like to see Andy stick with John for awhile.

Dirk
04-28-2006, 04:16 PM
If Paul came onboard part-time that would be great. Someone needs to show Andy how to get to the net after he serves. ;)

And brother John is not useless; he's helped Andy overcome some mental blocks and is working on rebuilding his confidence again, which seems to be working quite well as we saw at Davis Cup. :)

Gonzo and Massu are not good scalps to have on grass, you are reading way too much into those wins.

Dirk
04-28-2006, 04:17 PM
I think Paul would be a good coach for Andy, but I would like to see Andy stick with John for awhile.

Stich or Rafter. Just shell out the money Andy, they are worth it.

tangerine_dream
04-28-2006, 04:25 PM
I think Andy is happy with the comfort and peace john brings. I think he has to get out of his mental slump befoe he can think about his game. And I don't think his current play is John's fault at all.
I agree. Andy looks much more relaxed and happy these days and I'm sure the comfort level of having family around helps. Being comfortable, mental-wise, goes a long way towards being comfortable and relaxed on the court again.

Plus, John is a real coach, he has coached top top juniors and runs his own academy. It's not like he's a chump just b/c he's Andy's brother.
It's annoying how people toss John off, like he were nothing more than a nepotistic choice. John's resume clearly shows that he has a lot of tennis knowledge and experience and it's been said more than once that John was a better player in his day than Andy was at the same age.

I mean, if we're going by credentials, Brad Gilbert was not a major player on tour either so why would his expertise as coach be any worse or better?

Dirk
04-28-2006, 04:26 PM
I agree. Andy looks much more relaxed and happy these days and I'm sure the comfort level of having family around helps. Being comfortable, mental-wise, goes a long way towards being comfortable and relaxed on the court again.

It's annoying how people toss John off, like he were nothing more than a nepotistic choice. John's resume clearly shows that he has a lot of tennis knowledge and experience and it's been said more than once that John was a better player in his day than Andy was at the same age.

I mean, if we're going by credentials, Brad Gilbert was not a major player on tour either so why would his expertise as coach be any worse or better?

:lol: Brad won 20 titles and made 20 other finals. YOU ARE COMPARING JOHN TO HIM??????????? :lol:

ANDY, STICH OR RAFTER!!!!

surfpinky
04-28-2006, 05:14 PM
I think james is a perfect example that coaches, not say that they don't matter, but...you know...lol
andy just needs to work on his head first and confidence, and any coach that can do that, even if it's cutmax, will be a fine choice for me. [:

Winston's Human
04-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Stich would be good. Maybe he could show Andy how to adapt his big serve game to be successful on clay.

blosson
04-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Honestly I don't want Andy thinking too much on court, he's at his best when just playing by instinct.

Dirk
04-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Honestly I don't want Andy thinking too much on court, he's at his best when just playing by instinct.

I don't think he is suffering from the "too many options" mindset out there. I refuse to believe anyone apart from maybe Saffy is hopeless when it comes to tactical thought on the tennis court.

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Honestly I don't want Andy thinking too much on court, he's at his best when just playing by instinct.Exactly and that's what he's not doing right now. so I think there's a good argument to be made that John, who knows his game and his personality and his mind better than anyone else, might be the best one to help him get back to that instinctive kind of play.

tangerine_dream
04-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Exactly and that's what he's not doing right now. so I think there's a good argument to be made that John, who knows his game and his personality and his mind better than anyone else, might be the best one to help him get back to that instinctive kind of play.
I agree. In certain matches, Andy has suffered from thinking too much, and this isn't just an Andy problem but a player problem. When you think too much you end up confusing yourself because then you start to question everything you do and that's trouble right there. There's no room for debating with yourself out there. :lol: Even Roger has said that he plays better on instinct and Marcos admitted that his problem at the final of AO was that he was "thinking too much." Sometimes you just gotta trust your gut. :)

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 06:11 PM
I agree. In certain matches, Andy has suffered from thinking too much, and this isn't just an Andy problem but a player problem. When you think too much you end up confusing yourself because then you start to question everything you do and that's trouble right there. Even Roger has said that he plays better on instinct and Marcos admitted that his problem at the final of AO was that he was "thinking too much." Sometimes you just gotta trust your gut. :)Exactly, it's not a coaching problem. A coach can't just force a player to stop thinking so much. But a guy like John who knows Andy so well, they're so close, etc., maybe he can help him get back to that.

Fee
04-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Wait, when did Henman dump Annacone? How did I miss that?

I am pretty sure that both Jan-Mike and Justin (who played John in juniors) have said that John was a very talented player and he would have been a legitimate pro player if he had not suffered a career ending back injury. He also coached at Georgia, and I don't think he would have left a job like that to branch out on his own with an academy if he couldn't sustain his clients with good coaching.

tangerine_dream
04-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Exactly, it's not a coaching problem. A coach can't just force a player to stop thinking so much. But a guy like John who knows Andy so well, they're so close, etc., maybe he can help him get back to that.
Ja ja. I think he has started to do just that. (Fat John :worship: ) After the Ferrer match at Nasdaq when Andy said that he believed he was finally starting to play good tennis again, he was right and I think his matches at DC prove it. He could have very easily have lost to either Massu or especially Gonzo. The way Andy played the Gonzo match was so thrilling, such vintage Roddick, I could barely contain myself and I think everybody who was watching realized too that Andy may have finally turned a corner out of this slump.

Heh. I've watched that Gonzo match like five times now. I just love it. :hearts: :bowdown:

By the way Debs, please send Massu match when you get the chance. :yippee: In return, I will send you back some lovely DVD matches and I promise not to surprise you will any more crazy matches. ;) :lol:

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Stop making sense, Fee. You know that's not allowed here :p

I had not heard anything about Annacone and Pete splitting either. I mean they worked on an "intermittent" basis anyway, not traveling together all the time, so yeah.

Okay tangy I can send it next week or something....to your work? I think i have your business card still.

The gonzo match was indeed great. but, the he regressed again in Houston and lost a match everyone who saw it says he should've won against a guy who was in extreme pain.... sooo....

tangerine_dream
04-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Stop making sense, Fee. You know that's not allowed here :p
Making sense is perfectly allowed here in the AR forum. It's not allowed in GM. :p

Fumus
04-28-2006, 06:24 PM
1- I love Andy, he's the one who really brought me to loving tennis and I have modeled so much of my game after him but...he's not that smart of a player. Sure he's a smart guy but, on the court sometimes he just plays retard tennis. I felt like when Brad was around he got Andy thinking and his tactics were better. If you pair Andy up with someone who can help him with his strategy, he would have better results. That's why Brad worked so well because he's the master of strategy.

2- A name coach brings a mystique to the locker room. When players see you have Rafter, Stitch, or Courier in your box it's gotta be intimidating. Also for Andy this could bring him some confidence because you have the experience of another champion in your box, someone who knows exactly what you are going through...something John can't relate to.

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 06:27 PM
1- I love Andy, he's the one who really brought me to loving tennis and I have modeled so much of my game after him but...he's not that smart of a player. Sure he's a smart guy but, on the court sometimes he just plays retard tennis. I felt like when Brad was around he got Andy thinking and his tactics were better. If you pair Andy up with someone who can help him with his strategy, he would have better results. That's why Brad worked so well because he's the master of strategy.then why did Andy's results start to slide badly under Brad? Brad's master strategy helped him lose the last 20 points in a row to Hewitt? Andy played some of his best tennis of 2004 when Brad didn't even accompany him to Thailand and Spain for Davis Cup. Sick of hearing how great Brad was for him, by the end, Andy's problems were already starting.
2- A name coach brings a mystique to the locker room. When players see you have Rafter, Stitch, or Courier in your box it's gotta be intimidating. Also for Andy this could bring him some confidence because you have the experience of another champion in your box, someone who knows exactly what you are going through...something John can't relate to.Wow, I just don't agree with that at all, we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Fumus
04-28-2006, 06:35 PM
then why did Andy's results start to slide badly under Brad? Brad's master strategy helped him lose the last 20 points in a row to Hewitt? Andy played some of his best tennis of 2004 when Brad didn't even accompany him to Thailand and Spain for Davis Cup. Sick of hearing how great Brad was for him, by the end, Andy's problems were already starting.
Wow, I just don't agree with that at all, we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Although his results may have slid, Andy never played better tennis than he did when he was with Brad. That Wimbly 04' final was the best, the best I have ever seen him play, and that summer hardcourt season 03' was a dream too. I don't disagree that it was time for a change, things weren't working anymore but Brad did a lot :o for Andy's game. With Brad Andy went from hopeful to Champion. Brad was great for Andy, Andy may never be that great again.

tangerine_dream
04-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Fumus, as I told you: watch the Gonzo torrent and you will see vintage Roddick in action again. :)

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 06:45 PM
.....alot......:o

Fumus
04-28-2006, 06:50 PM
:o

fixed!!

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Although his results may have slid, Andy never played better tennis than he did when he was with Brad. That Wimbly 04' final was the best, the best I have ever seen him play, and that summer hardcourt season 03' was a dream too. I don't disagree that it was time for a change, things weren't working anymore but Brad did a lot :o for Andy's game. With Brad Andy went from hopeful to Champion. Brad was great for Andy, Andy may never be that great again.okay so, now I can read this ;)

I mean yea maybe Brad was the right guy at the time, but he's clearly not the right guy anymore, so why discuss it? It's moot now, no?

If we're gonna talk about Andy revisiting past coaches, I think Tarik would be a better discussion, considering the complaint people had about him was that he was too intense and fired up and that's what we're talking about Andy needing more of again.

Fumus
04-28-2006, 07:20 PM
okay so, now I can read this ;)

I mean yea maybe Brad was the right guy at the time, but he's clearly not the right guy anymore, so why discuss it? It's moot now, no?

If we're gonna talk about Andy revisiting past coaches, I think Tarik would be a better discussion, considering the complaint people had about him was that he was too intense and fired up and that's what we're talking about Andy needing more of again.

Fired up you say? Maybe he needs Nick! :devil:

morningglory
04-28-2006, 08:06 PM
what's this thing about coming to the net?!! :fiery: Find him a good coach who'll get him to hit that thunderbolt forehand again like in USO 04 (that match against JJ was so stupid... Andy didn't lose it because of his game plan, their game plans were mirrored in fact, he lost it cuz he couldn't take triple bp and can't hold from 40-0)
BRING GILBERT BACK!!!! :ras: (those of you may disagree but Brad didn't ruin his game like Dean did and he's always frank and open and willing to tell his player when he SUCKS) Goldfine did NOTHING to improve Andy's game whatsoever... the net play and variety thing... NOT WORKING!

morningglory
04-28-2006, 08:07 PM
or he could take Robert Landsdorp (almighty producer of legends)... but dunno if Andy'll like the strict discipline style of his tho...

acoffeygirl
04-28-2006, 08:21 PM
For the 48392084930280 time...Andy needs a shrink...not a coach!!! Andy has enough discipline...I really do believe that. Deb has said it, but I'll say it again...he needs confidence in his game and his game plan, and a coach can help with that, but really it is between the ears!

Fumus
04-28-2006, 08:24 PM
I'll say it again

Coaches give Confidence!!

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 08:55 PM
I'll say it again

Coaches give Confidence!!I'll say it again. I don't agree!

heya
04-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Lenient, mediocre, condescending cute coaches were great!
I'm 11 years old too! :unsure:

Rodd won junior matches when he had much weaker serves 12 years ago.
He won 100 matches and had no loss at age 10.
He learned a few techniques from a coach. There was no fitness problem back then. 4 years later, it was a different story. Then, he hesitated about turning professional until he won 1999 Orange Bowl, Easter Bowl, Aus Open and US Open. He didn't really improve until the start of the year 2003.

Sadly, he decided to be satisfied with staying at a poor physical and mental state.

Eat junk food, sleep around, act as a slave for your loved ones, and use exhibitions, the ATP schedule, TV Shows, Award Shows, parties and tough matches with top players as excuses for his chokes. He certainly whined to reporters and umpires! Insecurity to the max.

At 23, and 3 years of failure, there's no problem with footwork, physical dexterity, coaching, discipline and work ethics.... Sure.

The serve, forehand and hapless attitude became a joke.

Hey, at least we can see Davis Cup where there's no blame when the team loses. Uh, maybe Andy's lack of talent and mind receive blame.
After all, it's ok to lose to Agassi and Federer, but it's not ok to lose to Roddick.... Right, Blake?

cobalt60
04-28-2006, 11:23 PM
But Heya? Did they not just win the last Davis Cup tie and Andy was the hero? BTW would you marry me? ;)

Horatio Caine
04-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Am I missing something here? I thought Annacone was Henman's coach on a part-time basis. When did that partnership end? :scratch:

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Am I missing something here? I thought Annacone was Henman's coach on a part-time basis. When did that partnership end? :scratch:Ask Fumus, he seems to have the mysterious answer. Your impression was the same as mine :shrug: :kiss:

PinkFeatherBoa
04-28-2006, 11:39 PM
I know this is a bit of old gossip but, I heard Paul was watching Andy's matches at DC, and we all know Paul isn't working with Tim anymore.

I didn't know that....

Anyways, I really don't think who Andy has a coach seems to make the damn bit of difference to his performances at the moment. Fundamentally, everything lies with Andy, obvious but true. If he wants to be a cornball, cheese dome all his life, I doubt that Tim's coach (who Tim needs very much so don't go giving him to new players, um) or any other coach is the definitive answer at the moment. So, in conclusion I think what I really wanted to say is that Andy could work with any 'Paul, (brother)John or Harry' as far as I'm concerned because he has far more issues that are doubted to be helped by poor old Paul who seems to like to be a figure very much in the background.

MisterQ
04-29-2006, 12:12 AM
if you don't stop saying "alot" I'm not going to read your posts anymore ;) :kiss:

Deb's right, Fumus. The correct phrase is "alotta things." :angel:

Gulliver
04-29-2006, 12:21 AM
How do you think he'd manage without a coach at all? Federer did for a whole year, now Murray is trying it for a while, why not Roddick?

Dirk
04-29-2006, 01:10 AM
Andy doesn't have Roger's game to go without a coach. Murray is just trying to be a rebel and he will likely suffer for his stubborness. There is a A LOT of wisdom in Stich and Rafter and if they want to help Andy he should take them up on their offer and good for Fummy for defending having a star player coach Andy. It would show THAT ANDY DOES CARE because he is hiring someone outside the USTA arena and they could really help him with his net skills and clay movement. They deserve a shot and I think Andy would really listen to them because he would be in a bit of awe of them since they are special talents and had great careers.

tangerine_dream
04-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Some stuff I had posted to my blog a while ago, this looks like a good place to dump it ;)

Another addition to Team Roddick?

Tennis Week floated the idea (http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=14750&bannerregion=) out that Andy is lobbying to get Paul Annacone to coach him on a part-time basis. Annacone is the former coach of Pete Sampras and current part-time coach of Tim Henman (what do these two have in common? Brilliant volleying skills. Hmm…)

Annacone, an aggressive serve-and-volleyer who would attack net off opponents' first and second serves, would be a valuable addition to Roddick's team prior to the start of the grass court season. While the laid-back Annacone is not the fiery personality some feel Roddick requires to pump him up, Annacone could help Roddick both technically — with Roddick's volley and particularly his backhand slice approach — and tactically in helping Roddick improve his point construction. Annacone, who briefly served as a coaching consultant for Jennifer Capriati, is adept at teaching grass-court tactics.

More opinions....

Jon Wertheim thinks Andy may finally have found the right coach for his skills in brother John. From this week's SI mailbag:

With Andy Roddick's new coaching change (brother John), dare we say that Andy is at a crossroads? I know Dean Goldfine, and if Roddick cannot "get" it with Dean on board, he may never. -- Mike, McAllen, Texas

Lots of questions about Roddick this week. Usually when you hear that a close family member is coaching a player, you roll your eyes. Too often it has the ring of a parent or older sibling unwilling to give control and money to someone else. And the players rationalize it: I'm choosing comfort and familiarity over expertise. But often they know they can run roughshod over family in the way they couldn't over someone unrelated. If I were 20 and Harold Solomon had told me to do extra laps, I'd be off and running. If I were 20 and my dad/coach had told me to run extra laps, I'd be a lot less inclined to listen.

Anyway, I think this could be the exception. John Roddick was probably a better junior player than his younger brother. He was an all-America at Georgia and may well have been a pro had he not come down with a back injury. He's been running an academy in Texas. Clearly there's tennis know-how here. There's familiarity with Andy's game. And because he is significantly older perhaps -- in that Michael/Carl Chang kind of way -- they'll have some semblance of a professional relationship.

Goldfine is a popular and well-respected, but Roddick's results had tailed off on his watch. Doesn't mean the guy is to blame. Doesn't mean the guy wasn't good at his job. But it must have been getting increasingly hard to justify keeping the guy on the payroll. Several of you, incidentally, inquired about swallowing pride and rehiring Brad Gilbert. Nick and Jessica will get back together before that happens.

What's John Roddick objective? Getting Roddick to improve his court positioning should be high on the list. If you have a 100-mph fastball but you're pitching from second base and not the pitchers mound, you're a lot less effective. But a lot of the problem is identity. The free-swinging Roddick, who ruled the roost in the summer of 2003, had a swagger that didn't desert him. He whipped lasers. He fired his serve. He took chances. He dictated points and didn't mess around with backhands. Sometimes it seems that Roddick is so intent on proving that he's a well-rounded player, that he forsakes his weapons. It might be helpful if he said simply, "My game is what it is, I need to play it."

Am I missing something here? I thought Annacone was Henman's coach on a part-time basis. When did that partnership end? :scratch:
It didn't. :)

btw, nice to see you around these parts again Jez. :wavey: Bet you can't wait to troll these boards when the boys start playing the clay. :lol:

surfpinky
04-29-2006, 03:15 AM
Deb's right, Fumus. The correct phrase is "alotta things." :angel:
like... faginas?

am&a
04-29-2006, 06:07 AM
we all know Paul isn't working with Tim anymore. we all = no one, no?

surfpinky
04-29-2006, 06:11 AM
I fangirl for no

J. Corwin
04-29-2006, 06:21 AM
like... faginas?

I thought of the same thing. |:

partygirl
04-30-2006, 09:48 PM
It's annoying how people toss John off.

yeah, he's not even fat anymore.

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 10:17 PM
I thought of the same thing. |:
probably because I got a little piece of your brain during zee operacion |:

J. Corwin
04-30-2006, 10:26 PM
probably because I got a little piece of your brain during zee operacion |:

So a zittle bit of me is inside of you. |:!

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 10:34 PM
So a zittle bit of me is inside of you. |:!
yez, eet eez nize |:! no?

PinkFeatherBoa
04-30-2006, 10:42 PM
yez, eet eez nize |:! no?

Rafa style no!!!!!!

*spasms*

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 10:45 PM
hey HEY
the correct term is a no like rafael

*fangirls*

PinkFeatherBoa
04-30-2006, 10:47 PM
hey HEY
the correct term is a no like rafael

*fangirls*

d: I'm not one for 'correct' terms. I like to be different, no?

People really shouldn't say no after everything they say because it's a little silly, no. But I like it! |:!

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 10:49 PM
*fangirls*

Deboogle!.
04-30-2006, 10:52 PM
:scratch:

cobalt60
04-30-2006, 10:56 PM
First I would like to say for the record that we should give John a chance. Second Paul A. is a great coach BUT would he be good for Andy?

PinkFeatherBoa
04-30-2006, 10:56 PM
:scratch:

Oops just realised I wasn't in the chat thread. Didn't mean to spam the serious thread, whatever will that euroka dude think, that Andy's fans don't know anything about tennis. Can't have that, no.

Continue discussing Andy's coaching habits....

Deboogle!.
04-30-2006, 10:59 PM
First I would like to say for the record that we should give John a chance. Second Paul A. is a great coach BUT would he be good for Andy?Actually he probably would b/c he stays in the background, is mellow, low-key, and seriously knows how to coach aggressive players who do their best stuff on fast courts. I think that he could make the best of Andy's strengths and really help him do a better job of picking and choosing when to come in and stuff. But that said, exactly, let's just give John a chance first. Maybe Annacone was at Davis Cup... because he likes tennis and wanted to uh, WATCH? :shrug: :lol:

Jenny I was :scratch: b/c I have no clue what you all are talking about, not b/c I don't think you should be talking about it here :lol: Pretty sure euroka can't even post here, so no worries :yeah:

cobalt60
04-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Well Deb I hear De La Pena is available;) Ok slap me please. I don't know who made me do that:bigcry: Fortunately for you all I have to go now- Sue slinks back to the laundry room..... BTW I played tennis twice today. :woohoo: It is a wonder I can still type except that one only needs the fingers to do the walking.

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:06 PM
if deb were to chat on msn, deb would know, but deb thinks school is more important that chatting on msn :awww: d:
:kiss:

blosson
04-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Oops just realised I wasn't in the chat thread. Didn't mean to spam the serious thread, whatever will that euroka dude think, that Andy's fans don't know anything about tennis. Can't have that, no.

Continue discussing Andy's coaching habits....

We can create loads of threads about tennis as a disguise :lol: "the improve your backhad thread", "the bore of the forehand thread", "educate yourself about tennis thread", "clever serving thread"...

PinkFeatherBoa
04-30-2006, 11:09 PM
if deb were to chat on msn, deb would know, but deb thinks school is more important that chatting on msn :awww: d:

Well, I don't know if msn chatting is the definitive answer to the problem, because I haven't been on said program in ages and I understand more or less what we were formally discussing here.

Debrah, I know you were not saying we shouldn't discuss it here, I suppose my post was slighty tounge in cheek, because I happen to love that euroka troll- he is my sweetie pie.

blosson
04-30-2006, 11:11 PM

Nat what do you want to be when you grow up? :D

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Well, I don't know if msn chatting is the definitive answer to the problem, because I haven't been on said program in ages and I understand more or less what we were formally discussing here.

Debrah, I know you were not saying we shouldn't discuss it here, I suppose my post was slighty tounge in cheek, because I happen to love that euroka troll- he is my sweetie pie.
|:

well, I guess because it's also a rafael thing...

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:12 PM
empress of the world [:

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:13 PM
lol I don't know, I am a marketing major....so something like that |:

surfpinky
op, three...four posts in a row by me, shocking, no?

surfpinky
someone stop me |:

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:14 PM
I can't stop posting |:!

blosson
04-30-2006, 11:14 PM
empress of the world [:

I knew you had a soft spot for Queen Amidala

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:15 PM
I knew you had a soft spot for Queen Amidala
I want to be like her when I grow up

PinkFeatherBoa
04-30-2006, 11:15 PM

She would like to be bigger, no?

I'm really just posting to end the N@ chain.

DARN, blosson already did. Too slow. Teach me to refill the printer tray.

Deboogle!.
04-30-2006, 11:16 PM
:kiss:If deb were to chat on msn, deb would not get any work done and would get bad grades on her exams and would be very very upset and would be no fun to have around. Thus, deb won't be on msn until her exams are over :sad:

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:17 PM
If deb were to chat on msn, deb would not get any work done and would get bad grades on her exams and would be very very upset and would be no fun to have around. Thus, deb won't be on msn until her exams are over :sad:
deb will be missed m:sad:

Deboogle!.
04-30-2006, 11:18 PM
deb will be missedas will all of you :crying2: m:sad::haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

PinkFeatherBoa
If deb were to chat on msn, deb would not get any work done and would get bad grades on her exams and would be very very upset and would be no fun to have around. Thus, deb won't be on msn until her exams are over :sad:

Boo. :(

That said, a moody Deb is not a fun Deb so it's probably wise... ;)

blosson
I want to be like her when I grow up
Watch out the dark side...

PinkFeather, what are you doing with a printer this late? Just leave it empty.

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:19 PM
as will all of you :crying2::haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
I knew you'd like that [:

Deboogle!.
04-30-2006, 11:20 PM
You need to check your reps :)

PinkFeatherBoa
04-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Watch out the dark side...

PinkFeather, what are you doing with a printer this late? Just leave it empty.

I'm doing my work. I was awake so I thought "Might as well." Saying that, it is kind of loud and inconsiderate printing when others are sleeping...

blosson
04-30-2006, 11:22 PM
you see this is already a disguise thread

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:23 PM
You need to check your reps :)
:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:
wow :haha:

blosson
04-30-2006, 11:23 PM
I just watched American Dreamz with Mandy Moore...

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:24 PM
I just watched American Dreamz with Mandy Moore...
I REALLY WANT TO SEE THAT MOVIE

Deboogle!.
04-30-2006, 11:24 PM
I REALLY WANT TO SEE THAT MOVIEI REALLY DO TOO!!!!!!!!!

Nat, funny stuff eh?

PinkFeatherBoa
04-30-2006, 11:25 PM
Was it good, blosson?

blosson
04-30-2006, 11:25 PM
It's silly funny. Mandy plays a bitch and Hugh Grant plays a bitch and William Dafore play a bitch.

PinkFeatherBoa
04-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Hmm, might check it out. Sounds fun.

though most likely on a DVD, seeing as I haven't been in a cinema in over 10 years!

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:28 PM
I REALLY DO TOO!!!!!!!!!

Nat, funny stuff eh?
oui oui :haha: :haha: :haha:

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:28 PM
so, everyone is a bitch?

PinkFeatherBoa
04-30-2006, 11:30 PM
so, everyone is a bitch?

That's almost as bad as me asking you is the world round! d:

blosson
04-30-2006, 11:30 PM
apart from Chris Klein, he plays the same character he did in American Pie...

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:32 PM
That's almost as bad as me asking you is the world round! d:
d: but you are clear that the world is in fact, NOT round, no?
|:

I think harry potter should be andy's coach.

PinkFeatherBoa
04-30-2006, 11:37 PM
d: but you are clear that the world is in fact, NOT round, no?
|:

I think harry potter should be andy's coach.

I'm clear now that you explained it so well, no? d:

Larry Potter would make a great coach, this harry dude, I'm not so sure...

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm clear now that you explained it so well, no? d:

Larry Potter would make a great coach, this harry dude, I'm not so sure...

hermione granger should be andy's coach
hermione would have him whipped

Deboogle!.
04-30-2006, 11:42 PM
hermione would have him whipped:secret: isn't he already?

PinkFeatherBoa
04-30-2006, 11:44 PM
:secret: isn't he already?

He's a whipping boy.

Roger is one lucky big daddy.

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:44 PM
:secret: isn't he already?
:rolls:

Deboogle!.
04-30-2006, 11:46 PM
:rolls:You know it's true. It's sooooo obvious.

surfpinky
04-30-2006, 11:49 PM
You know it's true. It's sooooo obvious.
:rolls: :lol:

Fumus
05-01-2006, 02:45 AM
This is the old article...

Is Annacone A Future Coaching Aid For Roddick?

Paul Annacone By Tennis Week
02/15/2006

Among the 4,000 fans who packed the LaJolla Beach & Tennis Club for each session of last weekend's Davis Cup tie, one spectator stood out without leaving his seat.

Paul Annacone, former coach of 14-time Grand Slam champion Pete Sampras and part-time coach of Tim Henman, was in attendance for the United States' 4-1 first-round victory over Romania. While Annacone, who once served as Managing Director, USA Tennis High Performance, has attended Davis Cup ties in the past, his presence days after Andy Roddick replaced Dean Goldfine with brother John Roddick has led to rumors he may eventually join Roddick's team in a consulting capacity.

The 42-year-old Annacone has spent much of his time working with Henman prior to the start of Grand Slam events, however Henman's ongoing back issues, which forced him to withdraw from this week's Marseille event, may limit his schedule this season.

Certainly Annacone, an aggressive serve-and-volleyer who would attack net off opponents' first and second serves, would be a valuable addition to Roddick's team prior to the start of the grass court season. While the laid-back Annacone is not the fiery personality some feel Roddick requires to pump him up, Annacone could help Roddick both technically — with Roddick's volley and particularly his backhand slice approach — and tactically in helping Roddick improve his point construction.

Annacone, who briefly served as a coaching consultant for Jennifer Capriati, is adept at teaching grass-court tactics.

Deboogle!.
05-01-2006, 02:47 AM
This is the old article...Yes, which was not based in any facts whatsoever. While Annacone, who once served as Managing Director, USA Tennis High Performance, has attended Davis Cup ties in the past, his presence days after Andy Roddick replaced Dean Goldfine with brother John Roddick has led to rumors he may eventually join Roddick's team in a consulting capacity.

Fumus
05-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Yea, it's gossip, gosh darn it!!

And old...when I said that, I knew it was old.

Anyways...lol, just figured I would post that.

Deboogle!.
05-01-2006, 02:50 AM
I just don't want you to get your hopes up :smooch:

Fumus
05-01-2006, 01:26 PM
I just don't want you to get your hopes up :smooch:

I don't care as long as Andy wins Wimbledon. :)

partygirl
05-01-2006, 04:05 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy036.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy062.gif

blosson
05-01-2006, 04:16 PM
party, that's a cute smilie.

warmy
05-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Fumus, I think you need some love. Are any of your more attractive wenches within grabbing distance?http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/pirate.gif (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20852)

Fumus
05-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Yea, I should post a couple of new pics in my thread...lol

Horatio Caine
05-03-2006, 06:21 PM
btw, nice to see you around these parts again Jez. :wavey: Bet you can't wait to troll these boards when the boys start playing the clay. :lol:

Oh man it will be like taking candy away from a baby :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Deboogle!.
05-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Jez will be nice, right? :smooch:

Horatio Caine
05-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Jez will be nice, right? :smooch:

That much depends on your definition of "nice" :aplot:

Deboogle!.
05-03-2006, 07:48 PM
:aplot:

Fumus
05-04-2006, 02:58 AM
MTF RODDICK FORUM TO COACH ANDY RODDICK
- SportsIllustrated: John Werthiem

Basically, as all tennis fans know...we know everything and the coaches and players know nothing. So this spring in an unprecidented event, Andy Roddick will employ 10 virtual no bodies to coach him.....

hahaha...ummm...well it's a start right Deb? I know you could get the job done...lol if you could ever get the courage to talk to Andy...

Deboogle!.
05-04-2006, 03:00 AM
:haha:
um, courage??? I don't need courage to talk to anyone lmfao

warmy
05-04-2006, 06:25 AM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/weights.gif (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=19608) + http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/talk006.gif (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20756) = Deb

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/paperbag.gif (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20845) + http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/piggie.gif (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20851) = Andy

Deb + Andy = http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/fly.gif (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20767)

Cassie =http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/fishin2.gif (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20766)

Deboogle!.
05-04-2006, 02:41 PM
um wow :haha:

Golfnduck
05-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Me either, I would love to see Andy win Wimbledon this cry. I would cry like a baby.

Fumus
05-04-2006, 07:11 PM
I remember talking to you about some tournement and you wouldn't go up and talk to Andy..

Fumus
05-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Me either, I would love to see Andy win Wimbledon this cry. I would cry like a baby.

Me 2. :sad: Like a little girl.

Deboogle!.
05-04-2006, 07:16 PM
I remember talking to you about some tournement and you wouldn't go up and talk to Andy..Not wanting to contribute to the annoying teenyboppers that already follow him everywhere is different from not wanting to talk to him in a hypothetical coaching situation :)

Fumus
05-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Not wanting to contribute to the annoying teenyboppers that already follow him everywhere is different from not wanting to talk to him in a hypothetical coaching situation :)

haha...you could take a pic with him...like some people in this forum have. :D

Deboogle!.
05-04-2006, 07:20 PM
meh, I don't really care that much to deal with throngs of annoying teenyboppers and security and all that. :)

nkhera1
05-05-2006, 01:32 AM
It would be cool if Darren Cahill could join on board once Agassi retires.

Fumus
05-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Anything is better than John...but SsSssHhhhh....Don't tell Deb or anyone else here, I said that.

Deboogle!.
05-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Anything is better than John...but SsSssHhhhh....Don't tell Deb or anyone else here, I said that.umm.....

Fumus
05-05-2006, 03:27 PM
umm.....

:hug:

oopss.... :D

tangerine_dream
05-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Fat John :hearts: :bowdown:

Deboogle!.
06-01-2006, 02:33 AM
:scratch: from the Guardian (UK paper)
======
Andy Roddick, who retired during his first-round match against Spain's Alberto Martin on Tuesday with a damaged ankle, when trailing 6-4, 7-6, 1-0, is being urged to link up with the eight-times grand slam champion Jimmy Connors. His brother John currently coaches Roddick, who was the No5 seed at Roland Garros but who has managed to win only four matches on the Paris clay in six years.

Roddick has been struggling badly and earlier this year parted company with his former coach Dean Goldfine, who had previously replaced Brad Gilbert. He was, by his own admission, at his lowest ebb after being forced to pull out here and a behind-the-scenes move is currently in place for Connors to perform a similar role to the one the Australian Tony Roche has with Federer.

snaillyyy
06-01-2006, 02:36 AM
hmmm, the :scratch: sums it up Deb.

Deboogle!.
06-01-2006, 03:25 AM
:shrug: the Telegraph (another British paper) has it too, basically the same story so it's obviously coming from one place.... and only the british press is picking it up lol
====================
Andy Roddick, a first-round loser, is considering an approach to Jimmy Connors to coach him on a part-time basis. It is understood that Roddick, a former world No 1 and US Open champion, would not require Connors to travel with him to every tournament on his schedule, but would like a working relationship similar to that between Federer and his coach, Australian Tony Roche, with face-to-face contact only at key times of the year, such as before the grand slam events.

Connors, one of the great names of the sport, could become Roddick's fifth coach in three years. In that time Roddick has worked with Tarik Benhabiles, Brad Gilbert and Dean Goldfine, and is currently accompanied on the tour by his older brother, John.

Connors is apparently already aware of Roddick's interest in him, and may be willing to mull over a future working arrangement. Connors has indicated that he might like to work with the younger generation, and two years ago he publicly flirted with the possibility of working as a coaching consultant for the Lawn Tennis Association.

After winning his first grand slam title at the US Open in 2003, Roddick was spoken of as someone who might go on to win several more, but that has not happened, and not just because of the greatness of Federer. Though Roddick has a gargantuan serve and a huge forehand, the technical weaknesses in his backhand and his inability to stay in rallies have since been exposed, and his confidence has duly suffered.

Merton
06-01-2006, 03:55 AM
:scratch: I guess we will hear more about that, i suspect there is something there.

Fumus
06-01-2006, 03:57 AM
wow, that's a shocker...Jimbo to Coach Andy?

Deboogle!.
06-01-2006, 04:01 AM
My guess is that if this were to end up being true, John would still travel with Andy.... IMO he really needs someone on a day-to-day basis.

Fumus
06-01-2006, 04:09 AM
Yea and Dean would still be his fitness/strokes coach?

Deboogle!.
06-01-2006, 04:14 AM
Aside from periodic "hi how are you" friendly type things, I don't really think Dean's involved with Andy much at all anymore. Dean wasn't hired for training (he has a trainer) or strokes, that I ever heard of. Andy's strokes aren't gonna change now, it's too late for that.

MisterQ
06-01-2006, 04:20 AM
wow, this would be quite a new type of thing for Connors. I'll be completely surprised if it happens, but quite intrigued too.

For those who like the bad-boy Andy, he would have a great coach. :lol:

If anyone could teach "fight" and mental toughness, surely it would be Connors.

partygirl
06-01-2006, 04:37 AM
For those who like the bad-boy Andy, he would have a great coach.
:wavey:http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/devil25.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/devil16.gif

williaer
06-01-2006, 05:22 AM
This is interesting news! It'll be even more interesting if/when we get confirmation that it's true

morningglory
06-01-2006, 05:38 AM
wow talk about taste... :tape:
Connors and Andy? :tape:

blosson
06-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Connors has commentated during the Wimbledon final last year. He was the only one who said Andy could beat Roger :lol:, whereas everybody else was like "what?"

J. Corwin
06-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Maybe McNasty can get the fiyah back in Andy's ass again. :devil:

He's too lethargic-looking most of the time these days!

Caren
06-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Connors has commentated during the Wimbledon final last year. He was the only one who said Andy could beat Roger :lol:, whereas everybody else was like "what?"

yeh i remember that, i also remember the interview with both of them just before the final where they were :hearts: with each other lol. I have it on video i think it was something along the lines of Andy idolising Connors and Conners saying he believed Andy had the game to take it to Federer ( :scratch: )

Would be fantastic if it did happen, andy might go back to how he used to be :p

Fumus
06-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Where is the link to article I can't find it anywhere....

Deboogle!.
06-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Did you do a google news search?

Fumus
06-01-2006, 02:48 PM
nevermind I found it :D

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tennis/story/0,,1787246,00.html

NicoFan
06-01-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to have Jimmy coach Andy. :eek:

Two different personalities.

I'm certainly not an expert on Jimmy, but I do remember when Jimmy played - and he's not the most patient (or kind) person.

He was obviously an extraordinarily talented player - but whether or not he would be able to pass his knowledge on in coaching, is another story completely.

Johnny Mac never proved to be a good coach. And just my humble opinion, I doubt Jimmy would do much better. If it were consulting for a couple weeks at a time, on and off, that might work well.

Fumus
06-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Yea I think it would bring Andy that spark he's been missing, I am all for it!

Deboogle!.
06-01-2006, 02:52 PM
nevermind I found it :D

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tennis/story/0,,1787246,00.htmlwtf? What I pasted for you wasn't good enough? I see how it is.

Something that strikes me as odd about the whole thing is that it's just two british papers saying pretty much the same thing so they are probably getting the rumor from the same source. And what bothers me about the way it's being "reported" is that they don't discuss how they know this at all. They don't even do the Us Weekly "Sources tell us...." bit. So it may not even be true. Andy has been linked to all kinds of coaches before that have not turned out to be true. So we will have to wait and see.

It's hard to say, Lynn. I always got the feeing that Connors would be a different type of person off court than he was on it. But I agree that picturing the two of them together is a funny thought indeed.

Fumus
06-01-2006, 02:54 PM
yea, we can only wait and see I guess.

NicoFan
06-01-2006, 02:56 PM
It's hard to say, Lynn. I always got the feeing that Connors would be a different type of person off court than he was on it. But I agree that picturing the two of them together is a funny thought indeed.

It makes me laugh too thinking about it.

I liked Jimmy - I like a player with a lot of passion and spark (how's that for politically correct... :lol: ).

He has such an edgy personality though. Could definitely be different off court than on...most players are.

But just so hard to picture him as the patient and understanding coach.

And Andy seems as if he needs patient and understanding.

Deboogle!.
06-01-2006, 03:03 PM
hm, patient and understanding? I think that's how Dean was..... and it didn't work. I think he needs someone who can get the right balance between say, the craziness of Tarik, and the lackadasical attitude of Brad - someone who can light a fire under his ass.

NicoFan
06-01-2006, 03:23 PM
You can be patient and understanding but still light a fire under a guy's ass. :lol:

Like you said - there's got to be a balance. Two much of one gives you a player who doesn't get challenged to be their best, and too much of the other gives you a player who feels too pressured.

Who knows...maybe Jimmy can do both.

Just hard to picture...I either laugh everytime I think of Jimmy as a coach. :lol: Or think...omg.... :eek: I can't decide.

Fumus
06-01-2006, 03:28 PM
hm, patient and understanding? I think that's how Dean was..... and it didn't work. I think he needs someone who can get the right balance between say, the craziness of Tarik, and the lackadasical attitude of Brad - someone who can light a fire under his ass.

We are talking about a person right? ;)

Caren
06-01-2006, 04:36 PM

Well you sort of have that mix if its both Conners and fat John :kiss:, I mean if Conners coaches like he plays you know thats the fire right there and then there's john to bring Andy back down to reality ya know. Of course its all speculation and i'm increasingly believing it may have developed from nothing, the British press have been known to make up stories occasionally :rolleyes:

tangerine_dream
06-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Something that strikes me as odd about the whole thing is that it's just two british papers saying pretty much the same thing so they are probably getting the rumor from the same source. And what bothers me about the way it's being "reported" is that they don't discuss how they know this at all. They don't even do the Us Weekly "Sources tell us...." bit.
I noticed that too and also the fact that it's reported in only a British publication and nowhere else. I will wait until confirmation is made by Andy's people but I won't be holding my breath. Jimmy Connors just isn't built for coaching. At all.

Fumus
06-01-2006, 05:09 PM
C'mon guys we all know something is going to happen. Fat John hasn't had any results as Andy's coach that's obivious, and there a constant rumor mill about people wanting to coach Andy...that's why I made this thread....something is going to happen...he might not call it a coach but, he's going to bring someone in.

Winston's Human
06-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Who Andy really needs is someone like Jimbo's mama - Gloria Connors. Now, that was a tennis coach who knew how to "kick some butt".

Is she still alive?

snaillyyy
06-01-2006, 05:43 PM
:)

Connors-Roddick? Get Real
Sun Sentinel FL
by Charles Bricker

PARIS -- I nearly choked on my morning croissant when I saw this one in The Daily Telegraph of London.
In a story predominantly about Tim Henman's rained out mess of a match against Dmitry Tursunov, the reporter suddenly dropped in this line, out of nowhere:
"Andy Roddick, a first-round loser, is considering an approach to Jimmy Connors to coach him on a part-time basis. It is understood that Roddick, a former world No. 1 and U.S. Open champion, would not require Connors to travel with him. . ." And blah, blah, blah.
I thought, "Huh?" What's Connors, who has been almost completely out of touch with the men's tour for years, going to teach him. And then I considered, "I guess anything's possible."
When I got to the grounds Thursday I looked up Roddick's Miami agent, Ken Meyerson. Meyerson had already heard about the story and he wasn't certain if should laugh it off and hit the damage control button. Actually, there was no damage. It was one of those stories you throw at the wall to see how long it will take to slide to the floor.
"There is nothing to it. Absolutely nothing," said Meyerson, who is closer to Roddick than Andy's iPod. "But hey, I love Jimmy. If he called me (he hasn't) and said he wanted to help Andy, I'd tell him to call Andy (he also hasn't)."
I feel fairly certain that brother John is not going to be a long-term coach for Andy. It's a good hook-up now because they're close and they have fun together, even when Andy embarrasses his big brother by telling everyone how he wears shirts that have food stains. ("Andy thought that was funnier than I did," John says.)
But John has a successful junior academy in San Antonio and I think at some point he's going to want to get back to that. The Roddick camp has had conversations (not negotiations, conversations) about two coaches who are currently employed but who would be on Roddick's short list if they became available.
One is Paul Annacone, the ex-Pete Sampras coach now with Henman, who might retire at the end of the season. The other is Darren Cahill, who coaches the currently inert Andre Agassi. Agassi and Roddick are extremely good friends and there is no doubt that would be an excellent connection. But not until Andre calls it quits.

nkhera1
06-01-2006, 05:58 PM
C'mon guys we all know something is going to happen. Fat John hasn't had any results as Andy's coach that's obivious, and there a constant rumor mill about people wanting to coach Andy...that's why I made this thread....something is going to happen...he might not call it a coach but, he's going to bring someone in.

In the first round Roddick was playing really aggresive. Maybe too aggresive for clay but I'm not complaining since I was harping on him for being too passive (ironically he probably should have used his loopy forehand more). I thought his backhand looked good. He didn't make too many errors on it. He served well. His only problem was his return game other than the UE. However this type of form is what is needed for the rest of the season so I wouldn't say that Fat John hasn't done anything for Roddick. Plus it never helps when you have an ankle injury. I may be in denial but I think that if Roddick wasn't injured that severely he would have won and he had a really good draw too.

Chaos Inc.
06-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Don't know if there is any truth to the rumor but one thing is for sure................if Jimmy told Roddick to do something to improve his game, Andy would listen to Connors because of who he is. He would not ignore his advice like he has other coaches. Jimmy made more of less talent than any great player I have ever seen. If he could translate that to Roddick, that could only help Andy improve.

Deboogle!.
06-02-2006, 01:35 AM
Thanks Carole! That ends that then :)

John has said that he would be open to bringing people in, so yeah.

British Press :o

Carito_90
06-02-2006, 02:08 AM
Well, I don't know if this is relevant at all here but one of our commentators here (he's a former tennis player, Javier Frana, I don't know if anyone's heard of him - definitely trust worthy.) said that, as far as he had been told, Andy's main problem was that he had stopped listening to people, and what people had to say. He sort of blocked himself and it's obvious that it's very important to listen to others so yeah, that's why no coach was helping him.

It does make sense, because that's why he hired John - because he needed someone that got things through his head and not just be there being patient. Andy even said that John was a good choice because he always TOLD him everything he did wrong and had no fear of doing so.

I don't know, it may not be THAT relevant but I had never heard that 'he stopped listening to people' theroy, but it's a pretty reasonable one.

Caren
06-02-2006, 11:43 AM
It's well know that Andy's stubborn so i guess it makes sense he didn't listen when being told something he didn't want to hear. The good thing with brothers is that they'll tell you exactly what they think and not be afraid of the backlash. I don't know, i don't see John being around for a long time and if he is i forese him working alongside someone else. :confused:

Golfnduck
06-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Cahill or Henman's coach would be my picks.

williaer
06-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Wow.

----
The Times June 09, 2006

Roddick lures Connors into his back-up team
From Neil Harman

JIMMY CONNORS, who said a few years ago that he had lost all interest in tennis, is to become an integral part of the team that Andy Roddick believes will inspire him to challenge the supremacy Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal enjoy over the men’s game.
A conversation on Tuesday with the eight-times grand-slam champion — he won 109 titles in a mesmerising career — convinced Roddick that Connors is in the mood to take up a role that will be more mentor than coach and, crucially, that Connors believes implicity in his talents.

Until he surfaced two years ago in London to announce that he was taking an interest in the future of British tennis — Connors subsequently visited the LTA’s training camp in La Manga, Spain, though that was that — the former world No 1 had distanced himself from every element of the game, to the extent that he shunned the 2000 Wimbledon champions’ parade.

Last year’s invitation to join the BBC commentary team whetted his appetite again and when Ken Myerson, Roddick’s agent, called to discuss whether he might consider working with the world No 5, Connors was full of enthusiasm.

Roddick, in London and hoping to become the first man to win the Stella Artois Championship for the fourth time in succession, said: “I’m genuinely excited about the prospect of working with Jimmy. My brother John will be with me full-time but Jimmy will join when he can and I certainly want him around in the build-up to and at the US Open.”

partygirl
06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Okay so he is using Connors instead of a psychiatrist. :shrug:

i hope it really inspires him...i think he needs it.

P.S: Team Roddick are BiG LIaRs

NicoFan
06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Wow is right!

I'm in shock.

I never would have thought it would happen...but I wish them both the best!

Kind of cool.

Jimmy was such an awesome player - hopefully he will be able to teach Andy the things that made him such a great player.

Jimnik
06-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Interesting.
I guess it sounds good to me. I think Jimmy has the enthusiasm that Andy is looking for.

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 01:03 AM
:eek:

I agree Jimnik. And John is still his full-time coach, as I suspected would be the case if this turned out to be true.

williaer
06-09-2006, 01:13 AM
I wonder if we'll see Jimmy in the box at Wimbledon...
What does he even look like? I know nothing about him, except that he was once a really really awesome player!

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 01:17 AM
Jimmy is a lefty. He's finally added a lefty to his team, this will be just what he needs :haha:

OH AND KEN MEYERSON, NEXT TIME, JUST SAY NO COMMENT.

http://www.tennisserver.com/turbo/images/citibank99/JimmyConnors1.jpg

http://www.bobadler.com/jimmy%20connors-6.jpg

williaer
06-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Jimmy looks brainy.
Thanks for those pics, Deb. This relationship will be interesting!!

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 01:48 AM
:lol: he was a very intereting player, made Andy seem mild-mannered on court. I think he's supposed to be a pretty nice guy off court though, and having him in this consultant type capacity could be a real good thing we'll have to wait and see how it pans out :)

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 02:24 AM
recent im conversation with my mom. I linked her to the article, thinking she'd be interested b/c she liked Connors a lot.
==================
me: did you read that blurb?
mom: not all of it -- you know I can't do more than one thing at a time. It's about Any and Jimmy Connors, right?
Me: yeah
Me: Jimmy Connors is going to be a part-time coach/consultant type
mom: Jimmy Connors would be a good coach for Andy!
me: you think so?
mom: yeah -- he's 'unusual'
me: LMFAO
me: he's unusual so you think he'd be a good coach for andy?
mom: yup--Andy needs someone who thinks outside the box

acoffeygirl
06-09-2006, 02:30 AM
:eek: WOW....so for once the "news" was right! :lol:

blosson
06-09-2006, 06:52 AM
Since his comments from Wimbledon last year I kniew Connors had a hot spot for Andy.

J. Corwin
06-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Andy means business, saying no to bimbos and yes to Jimbo! :eek:

Exciting news :)

Caren
06-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Since his comments from Wimbledon last year I kniew Connors had a hot spot for Andy.

Yeh i got that impression as well there just seems to be a mutual admiration for one another. Hopefully it works out, Connors was on the commentary team last year for the BBC so he'll probably be around this year. It'll be exciting to see what happens.

Fumus
06-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Roddick Confirms Connors as New Coach

Conversations this week between Andy Roddick and Jimmy Connors have convinced the former No. 1 American (the younger one) to take on the legend as his new part-time coach, with brother John remaining on as Roddick's full-time travelling coach.

Connors resurfaced last year when he joined the BBC commentary team, and now seems ready to be back in the spotlight.

"I'm genuinely excited about the prospect of working with Jimmy," Roddick told The Times Online. "My brother John will be with me full-time but Jimmy will join when he can and I certainly want him around in the build-up to and at the US Open."

Golfnduck
06-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Well, this could be a good thing. Jimmy could definately light a fire under Andy's ass.

knight_ley
06-09-2006, 02:52 PM
:woohoo: They were just talking about it on NBC and it made my heart happy. :)

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 02:56 PM
What did they say Mary? Coverage is delayed here and I will be at work when it's on.
Ken is just making himself look like a total tool.
=============================
Roddick Is Open to Idea of Working With Connors
By Lisa Dillman, Times Staff Writer
June 9, 2006

PARIS — Apparently, an Andy Roddick-Jimmy Connors alliance isn't a far-fetched notion.

The first week of this year's French Open, two British newspapers raised the possibility of the Hall of Famer coaching the American tennis star part-time.

"I know there is interest from both of them," said Roddick's agent Ken Meyerson in a brief telephone interview Thursday, calling Connors an icon of American tennis. "... I would love to see it.":retard:

It sounded several steps from fruition, though. Meyerson, of SFX Sports, said nothing had been negotiated or specifics have been worked out. "I want it to come from Andy," he said.

Separately, Roddick told the Times of London that he was "genuinely excited about the prospect" of working with Connors.

Meyerson said Connors had long been on a short list of potential candidates, mostly former tennis greats, to join the Roddick camp in an advisory role, to supplement the coaching role of Roddick's older brother, John.

Since Roddick lost in the first round here, there has been no shortage of speculation about his plans — mostly centering on potential advisors who have a connection to Meyerson.

Meyerson's history with Connors dates to 1987 when Connors was a ProServ client.

When the news first surfaced in the British newspapers last week, the Telegraph and the Guardian, it was debunked in some quarters. At the time, Meyerson said he had not heard of the idea but thought it a good one, nonetheless.

knight_ley
06-09-2006, 02:58 PM
They just mentioned that in the papers on London Andy confirmed that Jimmy will be his part time coach, but John will stay on as his full-time travelling coach. I guess they said he's gonna pick up in the tournaments leading up to USO... So I guess he's gonna be for Andy what Tony Roche is for Rogerer. They didn't talk about it long or in-depth. That's all they said about it.

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 03:01 PM
okie thanks :D

knight_ley
06-09-2006, 03:02 PM
I'M HERE TO SERVE YOU DEB!!!!!!!! :p

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 03:06 PM
I APPRECIATE THAT MARY! :D :kiss:

knight_ley
06-09-2006, 03:06 PM
:kiss: If Johnny Mac tells me anything more I'll be sure to pass it on to you love!

surfpinky
06-09-2006, 03:08 PM
ken IS a tool.

knight_ley
06-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Ken?

surfpinky
06-09-2006, 03:10 PM
ken

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Ken's Andy's (idiotic) agent. He told the florida paper what, a week ago or less, that there was no truth to this story whatsoever even though it appears he was someone who helped orchestate it. TOOL

Thanks Mary :D I thought Johnny Mac might have an opinion about it.

knight_ley
06-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Ken's Andy's (idiotic) agent. He told the florida paper what, a week ago or less, that there was no truth to this story whatsoever even though it appears he was someone who helped orchestate it. TOOL

Thanks Mary :D I thought Johnny Mac might have an opinion about it.

OOOH. KEN = TOOL.

He didn't say anything then... He did complain about Roche though LOL cuz lendell hit with him to practice with a lefty to get comfy vs. McEnroe and JMac was like "DAMN ROCHE." and it made me LOL.

surfpinky
06-09-2006, 03:13 PM
hi deb!!

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 03:14 PM
hi nat!! I have to go to work now. maybe talk to you on msn during the day :)

surfpinky
06-09-2006, 03:15 PM
no ):
I will be at work ):

tangerine_dream
06-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Maybe if this rumor had come from a more reliable source like Sagroove instead of the British press then I would've been more inclined to believe it in the first place. ;)

Chaos Inc.
06-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Good move for Roddick.

Jimmy is a straight shooter, he has always called it like he has seen it. No butt licking bullshit from him. He had to work to make himself into a great player, not being a gifted natural talent. Had to address the weaknesses in his game and overcome them with blood, sweat and tears.

There is no doubt in my mind he knows what is wrong with Andy and his game. Jimmy will tell him exactly what it is. He will not tell Andy what he wants to hear. If Andy does not listen, Jimmy will do one of two things.........1) pummel him with a tennis racquet or 2) tell him to shove it up his ass and quit. This should be an interesting partnership.

tangerine_dream
06-09-2006, 05:37 PM
2) tell him to shove it up his ass and quit.
This partnership will last exactly one month.

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 05:41 PM
This partnership will last exactly one month.I dunno there seems to be a lot of mutual respect there. maybe it's exactly what Andy needs :) we shall wait and see! but regardless, he's trying to shake things up, he's trying sometihng a little out of the box, a little radical, something new, he wants it. It's reassuring that he's doing whatever he can and stuff.

Fumus
06-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Wow and just like the Reebok thing, everyone in the Roddick forum has to put their foot in their mouth when the rumor comes true.

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Well, we wouldn't have believed it to be untrue if his agent hadn't told a very reputable tennis writer that it was patently untrue!

Ken handled this one poorly, very poorly.

tangerine_dream
06-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Oh and by the way: Ken Meyerson is a first-rate prick.

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Oh and by the way: Ken Meyerson is a first-rate prick.exaaaaaaaactly.

Fumus
06-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Sorry, in this situation you were Debitized by Ken. :haha:

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Sorry, in this situation you were Debitized by Ken. :haha:huh? I think you improperly used the term "Debitized"

MisterQ
06-09-2006, 06:35 PM
This partnership will last exactly one month.

If that month gets him a Wimbledon trophy, I'm all for it! :banana: ;)

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 06:40 PM
If that month gets him a Wimbledon trophy, I'm all for it! :banana: ;)i'll take any trophy at this point :p

Caren
06-09-2006, 06:42 PM
i'll take any trophy at this point :p

Yup :rolleyes:

Fumus
06-09-2006, 06:52 PM
i'll take any trophy at this point :p

Well how about Kooyong? lol

warmy
06-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Ryan "I told you so" Fumus
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

tangerine_dream
06-09-2006, 07:23 PM
If that month gets him a Wimbledon trophy, I'm all for it! :banana: ;)
:lol: I can just see Connors smiling that arrogant smirk of his when Andy wins: "Well, my job is done here..." :p

MisterQ
06-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Well how about Kooyong? lol

:drool: :hearts: :inlove: :banana: Kooyong! :yippee: :woohoo: :worship: :bowdown: :dance: :tennis: :smoke: :drink:

MisterQ
06-09-2006, 07:31 PM
aww

http://gblx.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundodeporte/especiales/2005/06/wimbledon/historia/img/connors_evert.jpg

chrissiiieee and jimmeeeeeee

Fumus
06-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Yea, so this talk about no titles in 06 is just unfounded! Kooyung woot woot!

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 08:17 PM
So not til after Wimby.
================
Roddick asking Connors to help his game

Posted on 09 June 2006 - 20:12

Andy Roddick is talking to Jimmy Connors about a consulting role on his team.
"There is not a formal agreement in place yet, but it looks like Jimmy might be available after Wimbledon to start working with Andy," Roddick's publicist and sister-in-law Ginger Roddick wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press on Friday.

Roddick won the 2003 US Open and finished that year at No. 1 in the rankings. But he hasn't added a second major title and has dropped to No. 5 on the ATP Tour.

The American exited two of the past three Grand Slam tournaments in the first round, including when he quit with an ankle injury after losing the first two sets at the French Open.

He's been operating a bit of a revolving door when it comes to coaching.

Roddick split with longtime coach Tarik Benhabiles after a first-round exit at the 2003 French Open and hired Brad Gilbert, who steered the player to his Grand Slam title and first Wimbledon final.

Then, in December 2004, Roddick fired Gilbert and replaced him with Dean Goldfine, a former assistant coach with the US Davis Cup and Olympic teams. After a little more than a year with Goldfine, Roddick switched to his older brother John in February.

Roddick is in London preparing for Wimbledon, where he lost to top-ranked Roger Federer in the final the last two years.

Connors, who won eight Grand Slam singles titles in the 1970s and '80s, was ranked No. 1 a record 160 weeks and won five US Opens, two Wimbledons and one Australian Open. He made a stirring run to the 1991 US Open semifinals at age 39, and played that tournament one more time the following year before retiring

NicoFan
06-09-2006, 08:42 PM

I had a feeling there was something up even though everyone was denying it. Journalists make mistakes...but generally there had to be something in the air to come up with something like this. That's why I said at the time - they're denying it ... but who knows??? I really didn't believe Ken at the time - I just thought that either they were close to a deal or they couldn't come up with a deal.

Even saying 'no comment' would semi-confirm the rumors. So until the ink is dry...they will deny. ;) :lol:

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 08:45 PM
but surely there are more tactful and responsible ways to deny or dodge the question, just refuse to take calls on it, then people have to write "so and so could not be reached for comment," the way he flat out said it was preposterous and ridiculous just makes him a total tool in my eyes. And the person who should be most upset is Charlie Bricker because he is a great tennis writer and didn't deeserve that kind of treatment, he trusted what Ken said and wrote it and put his name on it and now he looks like an idiot too, even though he's not. it's just irresponsible and classless. I realize sports agents are not the paradigm of those things, but still, this is way over the line for me.

NicoFan
06-09-2006, 08:54 PM
but surely there are more tactful and responsible ways to deny or dodge the question, just refuse to take calls on it, then people have to write "so and so could not be reached for comment," the way he flat out said it was preposterous and ridiculous just makes him a total tool in my eyes. And the person who should be most upset is Charlie Bricker because he is a great tennis writer and didn't deeserve that kind of treatment, he trusted what Ken said and wrote it and put his name on it and now he looks like an idiot too, even though he's not. it's just irresponsible and classless. I realize sports agents are not the paradigm of those things, but still, this is way over the line for me.

And Charlie Bricker isn't the only journalist. I had asked one of the journalists from Tennis Week to look into the rumors in the British press, and he posted back that they called and it was denied.

I understand the dilemma in having to keep it quiet until a deal is made - but you're right - there does need to be a better way to do it. And Ken's way was the wrong way.

MissFairy
06-09-2006, 09:07 PM
So Ken is supercrappybutthead then? He has brought a pox upon the Roddick camp. FOR SHAME!

NicoFan
06-09-2006, 09:11 PM
I had to edit my post. ;) I had put 'your right' rather than 'you're right' - didn't want to end up on Deb's grammar peeve of the moment!!! :lol: :lol:

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 09:13 PM
I had to edit my post. ;) I had put 'your right' rather than 'you're right' - didn't want to end up on Deb's grammar peeve of the moment!!! :lol: :lol:I've already done that one :p

LMAO Sarah. that killed me. A POX ON YOUR HOUSES :haha:

blosson
06-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Maybe he didn't know because Andy, John and Ginger didn't tell him until 3 days ago :lol:

Ken was out of office, busy at the tan bed, he got his message late...

MissFairy
06-09-2006, 09:19 PM
LMAO Sarah. that killed me. A POX ON YOUR HOUSES :haha:
I just got the wierdest image of like Brad knocking on Ken's door and just pointing and screaming 'FOR SHAME! A POX ON THIS HOUSE!' right in his face :haha:

I don't know why i imagined Brad |:

whenstarsfall
06-11-2006, 04:01 AM
i've been a fan of tennis for only a couple years so i'm still learning. i was wondering how connors was as a tennis player, like personality wise? i know he won many grand slams but that's about it.

i was on the yahoo tennis page and they had a picture of andy and the caption read that connors might be a consultant and my eyebrows went up. it sparked my interest. i was reading the comments and it seems like some of you like the idea and others don't. i really don't have an opinion because i really don't know that much about connors.

if this does happen, i certainly hope it helps because andy needs it.

heya
06-11-2006, 04:05 AM
The fact that Andy can't stand the rigorous tour schedule,
yet he enjoys his painful ESPYS award show appearances,
"charitable" Playboy mansion visits and ignorance on the court, it really doesn't matter whether he has an advisor or not.

Didn't Daddy J. Roddick consider his son to be a "fighter"
and then he pushed Andy to hire Ken and Gilbert because
tennis experts and the arse clowns Mary Carillo and Pat McEnroe LOVED THEM?

surfpinky
06-11-2006, 04:19 AM
i've been a fan of tennis for only a couple years so i'm still learning. i was wondering how connors was as a tennis player, like personality wise? i know he won many grand slams but that's about it.

i was on the yahoo tennis page and they had a picture of andy and the caption read that connors might be a consultant and my eyebrows went up. it sparked my interest. i was reading the comments and it seems like some of you like the idea and others don't. i really don't have an opinion because i really don't know that much about connors.

if this does happen, i certainly hope it helps because andy needs it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WPNN_H2XgQ8&search=jimmy%20connors

heya
06-11-2006, 04:33 AM
Jimmy called out John McEnroe's nasty gamesmanship.
John did his usual "Wimbledon is evil. I'm a real New Yorker.
I'm innocent and linesmen are ganging up on me" boorish schtick.
I guess the success disappeared when he smoked weed and divorced Tatum O'Neal.

Jimmy had his pathetic moments.
His temper flared up at the umpire, "You're a failed abortion".

After a questionable call on clay, he ran to his opponent's court and stomped away a ball mark.

Jim worked hard to get fit even though his legs were injured.

He picked great girlfriends and a wife.
He didn't turn into an intimidated quitter like mama's boy Andy.
That's because Jim's mom didn't cry about her son receiving criticism.
She actually taught him tennis and work ethics because he couldn't just depend
on physical dexterity and power. She wasn't the one who cancelled his match so he
could NORMALLY dance at a prom. Jim never gave up or massaged his opponents' egos.

He did well at the Slams
and joked about being really old and
able to give fans a dose of genuine entertainment.

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Mary C just said on NBC that this Connors thing is "very far from a done deal" and that that's on a "very good source."

For some reason i trust her. lol.

snaillyyy
06-11-2006, 03:16 PM
and according to Mary Carillo this is far from a done deal :lol: :lol:

Edit: :haha: :spit: DEAD Deb :p

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 03:20 PM
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

great minds ;)

snaillyyy
06-11-2006, 03:27 PM
;)of course, and yep I trust Mary too, definitely more than Ken! :lol:

NicoFan
06-11-2006, 03:28 PM
I trust Mary to...very strange situation. First the denial, then acting as if it is a done deal, and now Mary's comment. :confused:

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Only the British press has acted like it's a done deal. Ginger's note to the AP suggested it was very far from a done deal too.

So we will have to wait and see, surely someone will ask about it at Queens.

Chaos Inc.
06-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Mary C just said on NBC that this Connors thing is "very far from a done deal" and that that's on a "very good source."

Two things are in play I am sure.

Money. As it always is.

Also I suspect control. If Jimmy comes on board, there is little doubt he will want to do things his way and have no interference from members of Team Roddick who may have a seperate agenda. Jimmy is not a yes man, he is the ultimate anti-authority kind of person.

NicoFan
06-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Also I suspect control. If Jimmy comes on board, there is little doubt he will want to do things his way and have no interference from members of Team Roddick who may have a seperate agenda. Jimmy is not a yes man, he is the ultimate anti-authority kind of person.

And if Team Roddick was smart, they'd let Jimmy be in control.

I was skeptical at first...but now really want to see this happen.

Andy needs help. Why not from one of the best American players ever?

Whether or not Jimmy can coach remains to be seen. But I'd like to see if he can help Andy.

Chaos Inc.
06-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Jimmy called out John McEnroe's nasty gamesmanship.
John did his usual "Wimbledon is evil. I'm a real New Yorker.
I'm innocent and linesmen are ganging up on me" boorish schtick.
I guess the success disappeared when he smoked weed and divorced Tatum O'Neal.

Jimmy had his pathetic moments.
His temper flared up at the umpire, "You're a failed abortion".

After a questionable call on clay, he ran to his opponent's court and stomped away a ball mark.

Jim worked hard to get fit even though his legs were injured.

He picked great girlfriends and a wife.
He didn't turn into an intimidated quitter like mama's boy Andy.
That's because Jim's mom didn't cry about her son receiving criticism.
She actually taught him tennis and work ethics because he couldn't just depend
on physical dexterity and power. She wasn't the one who cancelled his match so he
could NORMALLY dance at a prom. Jim never gave up or massaged his opponents' egos.

He did well at the Slams
and joked about being really old and
able to give fans a dose of genuine entertainment.

I always thought the McEnroe-O'Neal relationship was perfect, both were very good at acting.

knight_ley
06-11-2006, 07:13 PM

I thought of you when she said this and I was ilke "Oh no Deb will call me a liar when I told her JMac said otherwise" :lol: But even if she does call my boy a mutt and I strongly dislike her, I believe her too.

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Why would I call YOU a liar? lmfao

knight_ley
06-11-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm an enforcer to a liar. :confused: :lol: I need a nap, and less alcohol. :drink:

Golfnduck
06-12-2006, 01:08 AM
Mary C. is very touch-and-go with me. Sometimes I like her, sometimes I don't.

J. Corwin
06-12-2006, 01:39 AM
C'mon Andy, fess up!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/1jackson2001/howieDEALORNODEAL.jpg

surfpinky
06-12-2006, 01:42 AM
jace I love you

cobalt60
06-12-2006, 01:42 AM
LMFAO Jace. You are too much :lol:

And I have no clue about this relationship. So I reserve the right to NOT speculate and then say I told you so :haha: jk

knight_ley
06-12-2006, 01:44 AM
C'mon Andy, fess up!!

:spit:

tangerine_dream
06-12-2006, 01:46 AM
Jen, I'm with you. I like Mary for the most part but today in particular she really got on my nerves.

C'mon Andy, fess up!!
:spit: bwahahahaa! Jace genius again. :rocker:

acoffeygirl
06-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Jace you rock!