Is it fair to say that Orlando was the ultimate Mickey Mouse event in its day? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is it fair to say that Orlando was the ultimate Mickey Mouse event in its day?

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Sure, it was won by luminaries such as Agassi (twice), Chang, Courier, Norman, BG ( :worship: ) and Gonzalez in its final year, but to me it presents a compelling case as the ultimate MM tourney for a very important reason.

Deboogle!.
04-27-2006, 08:33 PM
oh MAN :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: too good.

Fee
04-27-2006, 08:41 PM
I love you Sjengster. I'm going to make a fan website for you. Please send a lock of hair. :kiss:

buddyholly
04-27-2006, 08:50 PM
I would add Paris and LA to the candidates. But the best bet for the ultimate MM tournament is Shanghai.

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 08:58 PM
I love you Sjengster. I'm going to make a fan website for you. Please send a lock of hair. :kiss:
Mind your words :o :armed:

;) :p

Fee
04-27-2006, 09:11 PM
yikes, okay...

um, you can write the articles if you like. eeep.

;)

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 09:18 PM
yikes, okay...

um, you can write the articles if you like. eeep.

;)
You see, I can't. I don't have a talent, neither half of your charms nor the experience :awww: Good luck though.

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Ladies, ladies, I've got more than enough feeble humour to satisfy you all.

Just think, Fena was the last man to come and live the magic.

jmp
04-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Good one. ;)

Nacho
04-27-2006, 09:23 PM
:retard: I'm a bit retarded, it took me like 10 secs to get it :o

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Yes and he defeated Massu in all-Chilean final and then they thought the best what can be done about this MM tournament is to close it.

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 09:26 PM
In all seriousness, when you consider that the top seed that year was Australia's finest Andrew Ilie, perhaps it was something of a MM event at the time.... still, it's not like the US needs fewer claycourt tournaments, looking at American success nowadays at this time of year.

Fee
04-27-2006, 09:28 PM
You see, I can't. I don't have a talent, neither half of your charms nor the experience :awww: Good luck though.

Oh now you are fishing for compliments. You know you are a much better writer than me and that thread at the other place proves you are far more charming. ;) :lol:

meh, I have enough websites on my plate at the moment. Sjengster is all yours (but I still want a lock of hair).

{Orlando wasn't closed, it was moved... to HOUSTON!}

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 09:33 PM
In all seriousness, when you consider that the top seed that year was Australia's finest Andrew Ilie, perhaps it was something of a MM event at the time.... still, it's not like the US needs fewer claycourt tournaments, looking at American success nowadays at this time of year.
You can't be an Ilie hater actually, are you? I thought the whole world enjoyed the times when he was tearing his shirts to show what a Tarzan he was.
You are also underappreciating US successes on claycourts, regarding Mardy Fish last days and Andy Roddick in previous years. James Blake also appears as a claycourt-challenger beast :secret: Anyway when Donald Young grows enough, he will beat'em all.

buddyholly
04-27-2006, 09:35 PM

Well, George and Barbara are getting too old to travel much.

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Oh now you are fishing for compliments. You know you are a much better writer than me and that thread at the other place proves you are far more charming. ;) :lol:

meh, I have enough websites on my plate at the moment. Sjengster is all yours (but I still want a lock of hair).

Yeah haha exactly, there's an 'attention' thread in NT to say sweet words to me, sorry for the incident in here :p *me wants to handshake with Fee and hopes she's not Fee Safin*

I still don't know what you are doing with people's locks of hair... I don't know if you're not familiar with voodoo magic :lol:

Fee
04-27-2006, 09:45 PM
:lol: I actually meant that dirty thread at the other board! :hug: :)

I don't know about the lock of hair, I just put that in there to be really silly. I have to find new ways to tell Sjengster that I love him, I suppose, because I say it so often (and yet he does not return the love :sad: ).

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm still searching for some of that cherry garcia ice cream over here Fee, rest assured.

And I wouldn't want a cautionary visit from Mr Fee the next time you both happened to be in the UK, would I?

Fee
04-27-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm very impressed that you remember the cherry garcia ice cream... (yummy stuff, the weather has warmed up nicely here, perhaps I'll have some today).

http://www.benjerry.co.uk/wheretobuy/

I'll take care of Mr. Fee, don't worry. ;) :)

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 10:01 PM
:lol: I actually meant that dirty thread at the other board! :hug: :)
Well... I would write something, but then I'd probably have to edit. Anyway, he probably knows I don't have the best reputation between all diplomats.

I don't know about the lock of hair, I just put that in there to be really silly. I have to find new ways to tell Sjengster that I love him, I suppose, because I say it so often (and yet he does not return the love :sad: ).

Well... something like this, you mean?
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3403721&postcount=16
:angel:

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Well... something like this, you mean?
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3403721&postcount=16
:angel:

Fee probably needs to read the whole thread to understand the context of that remark. :p

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 10:12 PM
I have never v-loved before :awww:
Fee is in a threesome with alfonsojose and Jan Michael Gambill and that's not a secret. My heart would be simply broken if you happened to land in the bed with Fonsie though, and he also visits UK.

Lee
04-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Ladies, ladies, I've got more than enough feeble humour to satisfy you all.

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/753/nein1.gif Sjengster. You're spreading yourself a little bit thin over all message boards.

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 10:16 PM
I don't think I had ever v-anythinged before I joined MTF a few years ago....

Fonsie and me would make strange bedfellows indeed, you need have no fear on that score.

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 10:17 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/753/nein1.gif Sjengster. You're spreading yourself a little bit thin over all message boards.

:secret: *Ahem*... keep it down, Lee!

Lee
04-27-2006, 10:19 PM
:secret: *Ahem*... keep it down, Lee!

I'm open to bribery :cool:

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Okay. That's below (this little piece of) dignity (that I actually still have) for me to be just one of the others.

Thanks for nice few weeks.

Nathii.

Lee
04-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Okay. That's below (this little piece of) dignity (that I actually still have) for me to be just one of the others.

Thanks for nice few weeks.

Nathii.

:o I don't know you haven't heard about Sjengster's harem ;) :devil:

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Oh, not that old chestnut again. It's an extremely select harem, where the music is tasteful and the conversation slightly surreal but generally courteous.

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Still :o :sad: :tears:

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Lee is exaggerating just a little with her harem analogies. ;)

Fee
04-27-2006, 10:37 PM
I have never v-loved before :awww:
Fee is in a threesome with alfonsojose and Jan Michael Gambill and that's not a secret. My heart would be simply broken if you happened to land in the bed with Fonsie though, and he also visits UK.

Now hold on a minute! That offer was only to try to get Fonsie to come visit me. JMG was never involved (at least not that he knew). I've since learned that the only way I can get Fonsie to visit me is to tell him my computer is broken or something...

Lee, we need to chat. Other message boards? hmmm....

Sjengster, that sounds like my type of harem. How's the wine selection? Is there a decent Port on the list?

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Lee is exaggerating just a little with her harem analogies. ;)

Right, she's on the bandwagon and already thinks she's married.

And first Fee was recalling one infamous thread, then Lee has just negated my statement about Xristos to put no video :o

I might be the most jelaous but at least I'm playing fair :lol:

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Sjengster, that sounds like my type of harem. How's the wine selection? Is there a decent Port on the list?

There's an excellent claret available, although I wouldn't say I can offer the finest wines known to humanity.

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Now hold on a minute! That offer was only to try to get Fonsie to come visit me. JMG was never involved (at least not that he knew). I've since learned that the only way I can get Fonsie to visit me is to tell him my computer is broken or something...

Lee, we need to chat. Other message boards? hmmm....

Oh come on, I've read about it in several posts... You haven't hidden it before :p

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Right, she's on the bandwagon and already thinks she's married.

And first Fee was recalling one infamous thread, then Lee has just negated my statement about Xristos to put no video :o

I might be the most jelaous but at least I'm playing fair :lol:

Lee is an impartial observer of the so-called harem. :p

Lee
04-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Lee is an impartial observer of the so-called harem. :p

I here solemnly declare I do not belong to Sjengster's harem.

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 10:48 PM
So who's in :armed: ?

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Quality is more important than quantity. :angel:

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 10:56 PM
by the way, while rotfl'ing at this thread and my part in it, i thought i would need to get a life, but then i recalled all the guys i have seen or met in previous months and despite their own imagination of theirselves and whatever else, no one got that 'something' that Sjengster actually has, and if more guys in UK are like this, i shall leave the university and seriously consider becoming another resident of my country who would go to the islands to sell the excellent thing to clean jewelery in (Cola) in Eastbourne or Brighton.

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Quality is more important than quantity. :angel:
diplomat :ras:

Fee
04-27-2006, 10:57 PM
This is one of the most derailed threads I've ever seen... :lol:

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 11:00 PM
by the way, while rotfl'ing at this thread and my part in it, i thought i would need to get a life, but then i recalled all the guys i have seen or met in previous months and despite their own imagination of theirselves and whatever else, no one got that 'something' that Sjengster actually has, and if more guys in UK are like this, i shall leave the university and seriously consider becoming another resident of my country who would go to the islands to sell the excellent thing to clean jewelery in (Cola) in Eastbourne or Brighton.

I'm quite fond of Eastbourne, it has its own quiet provincial charm, but really, it's not worth the effort to come over here on my account. ;)

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 11:01 PM
diplomat :ras:

That's the first (and I hope, last) greetings-card slogan I've included in my posts here. :lol:

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Might be my fault but you started :lol: :yeah:

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm quite fond of Eastbourne, it has its own quiet provincial charm, but really, it's not worth the effort to come over here on my account. ;)
You have your harem, I'm not in though :rolleyes: I didn't say I would be going there for you, just that I would in general.

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 11:06 PM
PS. we made it without Fonsie, we rock :woohoo:

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 11:10 PM
You have your harem, I'm not in though :rolleyes: I didn't say I would be going there for you, just that I would in general.

Hey, I never said you weren't in the harem. joeb_uk lives here too, BTW.... he's worth a tennis-related chat or two, although it's a pity we only have a WTA event here.

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey, I never said you weren't in the harem. joeb_uk lives here too, BTW.... he's worth a tennis-related chat or two, although it's a pity we only have a WTA event here.
I was drunk while signing the papers and too drunk to be used at night afterwards. Now we're after the divorce anyway. In Djibouti and Somalia you can have up to four wives but I have grown up in a country where only one is accepted by law.

Yes, joeb_uk talks to me on MSN and his last problem was whether to take a bag to London or not. Hopefully he was successful in sorting this out.

Nathaliia
04-27-2006, 11:43 PM
okay sorry if i happened to hurt your feelings in a way. i hope we can be still friends

and that i can keep the bed with the canopy from the embassy on which i was sleeping while not posting on MTF / PS. the art-deco chair on which i was sitting while posting wasn't bad as well ;)

:wavey:

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 12:01 AM
This is one of the most derailed threads I've ever seen... :lol:Considering the thread was begun as a pun on "Mickey Mouse" and Disney World, does it really matter? :haha:

Thanks for the fun read though, guys :lol:

Nathaliia
04-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Considering the thread was begun as a pun on "Mickey Mouse" and Disney World, does it really matter? :haha:

Thanks for the fun read though, guys :lol:
Have you slept with him too? :awww:

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Have you slept with him too? :awww::hug: don't worry :hug:

Sjengster
04-28-2006, 12:10 AM
okay sorry if i happened to hurt your feelings in a way. i hope we can be still friends

and that i can keep the bed with the canopy from the embassy on which i was sleeping while not posting on MTF / PS. the art-deco chair on which i was sitting while posting wasn't bad as well ;)

:wavey:

All diplomatic correspondence must remain the property of the Djiboutian government, but you are welcome to all the embassy's furnishings if you choose. ;)

*Viva Chile*
04-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Sure, it was won by luminaries such as Agassi (twice), Chang, Courier, Norman, BG ( :worship: ) and Gonzalez in its final year, but to me it presents a compelling case as the ultimate MM tourney for a very important reason.
I think that was the only and official "Mickey Mouse" tournament for a simple reason :p

Nathaliia
04-28-2006, 12:36 AM
All diplomatic correspondence must remain the property of the Djiboutian government, but you are welcome to all the embassy's furnishings if you choose. ;)
Regarding the fact I have 3,5 years to complete graduation at the law faculty, I will take my two lawyers from the common law system, who are Jez and Debra to represent me in the court (or do we say "at the court...." in Casablanca for instance? it was also a movie with a sad ending by the way)

I would like to keep:
* previously mentioned bed
* previously mentioned chair
* the computer under Mozilla
* the mirror in which I was taking the self-photos to have an enjoyable atavar for you
* the photo camera - to take pictures of more of my bandwagoners than just this (included in the attachment)
* the kitchen equipement in which I was preparing the treat for the guests for your official birthday party
* the desk by which I was writing a song for you (handwriting can't be uploaded due to MTF aftercrash problems but I am still feeling familiar with the desk)

As for the rest, I will contact the Embassy.

alfonsojose
04-28-2006, 12:51 AM
I don't think I had ever v-anythinged before I joined MTF a few years ago....

Fonsie and me would make strange bedfellows indeed, you need have no fear on that score.
Hey :aplot: , i just shaved my balls

alfonsojose
04-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Orlando .. i got it :retard:

Fee
04-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Fonsie's here!!!!!!

Nathalia, your posts in this thread have really made me laugh. Thank you. :hug:

Nathaliia
04-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Nathalia, your posts in this thread have really made me laugh. Thank you. :hug:
where is my good-rep back after i repped you last morning for "Me" thread then? :o

the divorce lawsuit is considered in the court as I have been informed, no need to jelaousy though :p

Fee
04-28-2006, 01:43 AM
I have to spread it around. Apparently, I only rep the same 4 people on this board over and over again. It will happen, trust me. :)

Lee
04-28-2006, 05:51 AM
:woohoo: I ruined the great marriage of Sjengster and Nathii.

:sad: And my hockey team just lost the game in overtime :bigcry:

hitchhiker
04-28-2006, 01:27 PM

does this make french open mickey mouse as well? ;)

Nathaliia
04-28-2006, 01:56 PM
According to the number of great Latin players withdrawing yearly from Wimbledon, this is another Mickey Mouse. :p

And Lee, bad people always get punished with the losses of the favourite hockey teams.

sylacauga
04-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Sorry, but I have to disagree with Orlando being Mickey Mouse. It was always a little goofy maybe, but never Mickey Mouse.

Action Jackson
12-04-2006, 11:19 AM
De Villiers will bring this event back.

scarecrows
12-04-2006, 11:22 AM
haha, I ran accross this thread some days before

Fee
12-05-2006, 03:01 AM
De Villiers will bring this event back.

You mean 'back from Houston'?

CmonAussie
12-05-2006, 05:32 AM
Well lets see~~>> where are all the Disneylands located:

*Orlando- yes it qualifies a bonefide MM
*Paris- sure the way that TMS is goin it`s got to be MM
*Hong Kong- definitiely MM in it`s day
*Tokyo- verging on MM
*All events in California: Indian Wells etc... undoubtedly MM

Action Jackson
11-27-2007, 09:47 AM
You mean 'back from Houston'?

No Houston has to say, but he will create something else.