ummm...what the hell happened?

Seriously, did anyone see this match?

I would love to know. Not a Ferrer score at all. :sad:

betterthanhenman
04-27-2006, 03:37 PM
I am not surprised by this result.

emile32
04-27-2006, 03:37 PM
switzerland rulez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FSRteam
04-27-2006, 04:09 PM
I am not surprised by this result.

I'm not either, stan's favorite surface...

He probably asked his good mate Fed how to handle the spaniard! ;)

FSRteam
04-27-2006, 04:10 PM
switzerland rulez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:worship:

sonia
04-27-2006, 04:11 PM
:eek:
:awww: David :smash:

FerrersLinda
04-27-2006, 04:21 PM
On David's website it says that his shoulder is playing up again. It also says he therefor won't be going to Estoril next week. :sad:

FSRteam
04-27-2006, 04:23 PM
On David's website it says that his shoulder is playing up again. It also says he therefor won't be going to Estoril next week. :sad:

And also apparently his dog wasn't feeling well today so he was quite concerned and couldn't concentrate. What a shame... :sad:

FerrersLinda
04-27-2006, 04:33 PM
And also apparently his dog wasn't feeling well today so he was quite concerned and couldn't concentrate. What a shame... :sad:

I'm not saying Wawrinka didn't play well, but it's very unlike David to not put up a fight. :ras:

FSRteam
04-27-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm not saying Wawrinka didn't play well, but it's very unlike David to not put up a fight. :ras:

It's a nice picture of his dog you have by the way...

FerrersLinda
04-27-2006, 04:48 PM
It's a nice picture of his dog you have by the way...

Hey that's my Noodles. :mad:

NATAS81
04-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Ferrer probably should have won this. At least now we know there was a problem. When you're as consistant on the surface as David has been and only win 48% first serve points, there must be something wrong and hopefully he can rectify the situation before he misses out on too many points.

On the other hand, congrats to Stan for hanging in there and continuing to play the points at a high level.

Scotso
04-27-2006, 05:26 PM
David :sobbing:

betterthanhenman
04-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Ferrer is solid. Stani has much the greater potential of the two, in my opinion.

Allez
04-27-2006, 06:54 PM
YAY Stan you beaut! :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

We are well pleased with your progess this week. Keep on keeping on :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Froggie :smash::smash::smash:

mangoes
04-27-2006, 06:54 PM

:sad: Hope his shoulder gets better very soon......... :)

lunahielo
04-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Good work, Stan...... :)

justClaudia
04-27-2006, 07:54 PM

David. :sad: Get better soon.

musefanatic
04-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Well done Stanislas :)

Deivid23
04-27-2006, 08:18 PM
David was just outplayed, Stan played a sick last hour of the match

revolution
04-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Stan can play, there's no doubt about that. You'll be hearing a lot from him in the future years.

almouchie
04-27-2006, 09:54 PM
how old is stan
what is his record this season W-L

Sjengster
04-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Turned 21 a month ago tomorrow, with his win today he's 12-8 in 2006.

switz
04-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Stani :bounce: Revenge Roger's loss to Nadal here :) :scared:

atheneglaukopis
04-28-2006, 02:12 AM
You think that would humiliate Roger more than anything? :scratch:

Fergie
04-28-2006, 02:51 AM
David :sad: :hug:

Well done Stan! :yeah:

rofe
04-28-2006, 04:01 AM

Um, for Roger's sake, I hope not. ;)

OddJob
04-28-2006, 04:43 AM
Nicely done Stan!!

bokehlicious
04-28-2006, 06:51 AM
Well done Stan, keep it up ! :)

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Ferrer probably should have won this. At least now we know there was a problem. When you're as consistant on the surface as David has been and only win 48% first serve points, there must be something wrong and hopefully he can rectify the situation before he misses out on too many points.

On the other hand, congrats to Stan for hanging in there and continuing to play the points at a high level.

Stan is a great returner, watch the ATP stats! He apparently played a excellent match and totally deserved it. It seemed there was no match in the last, stan was playing damn well. By the way, Mr.consitancy lost 50% pts on first serve against fed last week...

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Ferrer is solid. Stani has much the greater potential of the two, in my opinion.

Toattly agree! :worship:

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 08:39 AM
David was just outplayed, Stan played a sick last hour of the match

Finally someone telling the real facts! :)

NATAS81
04-28-2006, 08:39 AM
I have not ever totally written off Stan on clay. If you read my posts all-in-all you'd realize that. I simply thought it would've been tougher for Stan to put up those kind of numbers against a 100% Ferrer. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that way.

Comparing Federer to Wawrinka is a little premature.

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 08:41 AM
You think that would humiliate Roger more than anything? :scratch:

So following your opinion fed should be quite humiliated sinc blake, moya and even clement beat nadal this yera! :scratch:

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 08:48 AM
I have not ever totally written off Stan on clay. If you read my posts all-in-all you'd realize that. I simply thought it would've been tougher for Stan to put up those kind of numbers against a 100% Ferrer. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that way.

Comparing Federer to Wawrinka is a little premature.

I'm not comparing fed and stan but ferrer can be outplayed by many other players, it was a recent example I gave you!

Plus, stan had already beat ferrer this year...

NATAS81
04-28-2006, 08:52 AM
You can't use carpet as a barometer of success for Ferrer.

That was early in the year, too, when David hadn't picked up the confidence he's had during the last month or so. I think that extra confidence would've made a difference in yesterday's performance. It certainly would've given he were close to 100%. Ferrer just doesn't lose third sets 6-1.

You stated Federer took away many of the first serve points against Ferrer. How is that not comparing the two?

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 08:59 AM
You can't use carpet as a barometer of success for Ferrer.

That was early in the year, too, when David hadn't picked up the confidence he's had during the last month or so. I think that extra confidence would've made a difference in yesterday's performance. It certainly would've given he were close to 100%. Ferrer just doesn't lose third sets 6-1.

You stated Federer took away many of the first serve points against Ferrer. How is that not comparing the two?

Saying that another player, fed or not, took away many of the first serve pts as well doesn't mean I'm comparing the level of the too players! :rolleyes:

Maybe stan has a game that doesn't fit ferrer's...

Guybrush
04-28-2006, 09:03 AM
I've never seen Wawrinka so I don't know how he plays. Can he beat the idiot today?

NATAS81
04-28-2006, 09:06 AM
When one player comes out and says they have an injury problem, I don't think you can put much stock into the match, honestly. Which is a shame because I like both of their games on clay, and at their peak, can definitely play three set matches like this, but if you're going to take a match like this in which Ferrer was clearly injured and use it to judge where Wawrinka's game is at then that is just wrong.

If Stan can break Karlovic two times today, I will say he is one of the current top 20 in the world on clay. Not even the great season of Korolev made much of a difference, however.

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 09:08 AM
I've never seen Wawrinka so I don't know how he plays. Can he beat the idiot today?

He sure can! :)

Guybrush
04-28-2006, 09:10 AM
He sure can! :)

And I hope he will! :worship:

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 09:12 AM
When one player comes out and says they have an injury problem, I don't think you can put much stock into the match, honestly. Which is a shame because I like both of their games on clay, and at their peak, can definitely play three set matches like this, but if you're going to take a match like this in which Ferrer was clearly injured and use it to judge where Wawrinka's game is at then that is just wrong.

If Stan can break Karlovic two times today, I will say he is one of the current top 20 in the world on clay. Not even the great season of Korolev made much of a difference, however.

Stan is clearly was top 20 on clay last year! He'll show it this year when he plays his best again. I don't think that you can compare korolev and stan on clay... :rolleyes:

You're talking about a great season?!? :confused:

One real upset... and moya has done anything yet this year on clay!

NATAS81
04-28-2006, 09:18 AM
In the clay tournament that mattered the most, he barely managed to beat James Blake. What is so great about that?

Whenever I talk to people who actually go see the matches, they have nothing to say about Korolev but high praises. I don't know how you can argue against that unless you've seen him play yourself.

I guess Davydenko is just luckily in the top 10, and couldn't get it done against Ivo either. So why wouldn't you make the argument that Korolev should be the top 10 as well?

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 09:26 AM
In the clay tournament that mattered the most, he barely managed to beat James Blake. What is so great about that?

Whenever I talk to people who actually go see the matches, they have nothing to say about Korolev but high praises. I don't know how you can argue against that unless you've seen him play yourself.

I guess Davydenko is just luckily in the top 10, and couldn't get it done against Ivo either. So why wouldn't you make the argument that Korolev should be the top 10 as well?

Ok, so now you're comparing korolev to davydenko, right? :scratch:

First, look at what stan did last year on clay and then we'll seriously talk. First, blake had just played very well on clay as well as that time (won 2 challengers). Second, stan gave puerta a really hard time the next round despite being totally exhausted after playing qualies and 3 matchs. Just a reminder, puerta (dopped or not) made it to the final where he challenged nadal much more than any player at RG that year...

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Just one more thing. If one day korolev beats players such as: acasuso, verdasco, massu, volandri on clay you'll have the right to name him and praise him, but for now...

NATAS81
04-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Davydenko is a far more comparable player than Federer, for sure. He is probably more comparable to Ferrer at this point in their careers. Consistency at its finest.

If Korolev were to have a career similar to them, I wouldn't be shocked. Evgeny is still only 18 or 19, so there is definitely plenty of room to grow. He's probably one of the prime young stars on the tour ready to make a big impact.

As for Blake, name me one huge clay threat he defeated in those Challenger titles.

It's difficult to say where Stan matches up at RG given that he played against a cheater, but so did Davydenko and he pressed Mariano even further.

We're talking about the same Nikolay who just got bounced by the big Croat and ironically Stan has an opportunity to prove that he is better than Davydenko on clay by beating Karlovic.

If he can do that, you could say he is ahead of Davydenko on the learning curve.

Please don't bring up all of Stan's victims on clay. You can't compare him to Korolev because Stan has had much more experience. Tell me where Stan was in comparison to Evgeny at age 18, and then you can make a point there.

Nathaliia
04-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Finally someone telling the real facts! :)
Are there facts which are not real? :secret:

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Davydenko is a far more comparable player than Federer, for sure. He is probably more comparable to Ferrer at this point in their careers. Consistency at its finest.

If Korolev were to have a career similar to them, I wouldn't be shocked. Evgeny is still only 18 or 19, so there is definitely plenty of room to grow. He's probably one of the prime young stars on the tour ready to make a big impact.

As for Blake, name me one huge clay threat he defeated in those Challenger titles.

It's difficult to say where Stan matches up at RG given that he played against a cheater, but so did Davydenko and he pressed Mariano even further.

We're talking about the same Nikolay who just got bounced by the big Croat and ironically Stan has an opportunity to prove that he is better than Davydenko on clay by beating Karlovic.

If he can do that, you could say he is ahead of Davydenko on the learning curve.

Please don't bring up all of Stan's victims on clay. You can't compare him to Korolev because Stan has had much more experience. Tell me where Stan was in comparison to Evgeny at age 18, and then you can make a point there.

I never said that stan was better than davydenko and that korolev was a real hope and future top player (I'm sure he will)!

I don't you can say korolev is similar to davydenko since as you pointed out, davydenko IS consitent which is not the case for korolev right now!

Blake didn't beat great clay courters but he was full of confidence after these 2 wins. Once stan found his rythm, there was not much he could do...

I'm sure stan will break the tall guy, you'll see! :)

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Are there facts which are not real? :secret:

There are lies...

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 09:48 AM

Sorry forgot this part!

I never compared the both of them, YOU did!

But if you want to know beside winning RG junior he also won 2 challengers on clay, korolev hasn't yet he would probably have a hard time to...

NATAS81
04-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Honestly, I think Blake would surprise a few people if he bothered to play more Euro clay events. He did beat everybody in those Challengers, which is what anyone within the top 20 on clay would have done.

I thought Korolev was going to break Ivo, but I was wrong.

For Stan's sake, he had better he playing at the level he was during Gstaad last year.

I'm sure it also helps Wawrinka to know that he has had success at the Challenger level in Barcelona.

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Honestly, I think Blake would surprise a few people if he bothered to play more Euro clay events. He did beat everybody in those Challengers, which is what anyone within the top 20 on clay would have done.

For Stan's sake, he had better he playing at the level he was during Gstaad last year.

Apparently he played incredibly yesterday... :)

We'll see!

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 09:53 AM

He wasn't at that time!

NATAS81
04-28-2006, 09:54 AM
I was talking about Blake. That's why it was in the same paragraph.

Nathaliia
04-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Anyways I can see the name Korolev has been mentioned a couple of times. High praises for future? Yes, this guy has something in him that whoever sees him live, falls in love with his game and personality. Well I have already posted it, but out there in Aachen where he won his first challenger, the greatest star was younes El Aynaoui and all people were hailing him and following him, but when he played Korolev in the second round, the 17 yeared kid (then) won the crowd over, including myself. Winning a crowd from Younes is an achievement, and so is winning NINA-BCN from Moya :p

His game is so inconsistent yet. Well he won that Aachen challenger (only one so far) as a lucky loser, after a loss to Pearl of UK - James Auckland in the last Q round. It means something, that he can be brilliant one day and not so good on the other day, that's perhaps why he didn't defeat Karlovic, plus surely those huge serves were new to him.

Comparing him to Davydenko is pointless. The style of his game is Safin's and so is his personality. If he didn't have the typical Nadal's reactions after won points he would be much cooler though ;) And also, this is a player who two weeks ago tried himself in a futures event in France though.

Stan Wawrinka has been around for a couple of years, his shots has been dicussed at the press room but as for me, I don't see this 'spark' in him. Maybe I am wrong and he will make a breakthrough and be huge. As for now - I don't think so, what doesn't mean of course he'll walk from the court defeated by Karlovic.

no offence :wavey:

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 09:57 AM
I was talking about Blake. That's why it was in the same paragraph.

I had understood... but I repeat, blake wasn't a top 20 player at that time!

Nathaliia
04-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Sorry forgot this part!

I never compared the both of them, YOU did!

But if you want to know beside winning RG junior he also won 2 challengers on clay, korolev hasn't yet he would probably have a hard time to...
Korolev has never played junior events. Without the federation support, he made it up through the futures level.

NATAS81
04-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Blake wasn't in the top 20 during RG either. Your point?

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Anyways I can see the name Korolev has been mentioned a couple of times. High praises for future? Yes, this guy has something in him that whoever sees him live, falls in love with his game and personality. Well I have already posted it, but out there in Aachen where he won his first challenger, the greatest star was younes El Aynaoui and all people were hailing him and following him, but when he played Korolev in the second round, the 17 yeared kid (then) won the crowd over, including myself. Winning a crowd from Younes is an achievement, and so is winning NINA-BCN from Moya :p

His game is so inconsistent yet. Well he won that Aachen challenger (only one so far) as a lucky loser, after a loss to Pearl of UK - James Auckland in the last Q round. It means something, that he can be brilliant one day and not so good on the other day, that's perhaps why he didn't defeat Karlovic, plus surely those huge serves were new to him.

Comparing him to Davydenko is pointless. The style of his game is Safin's and so is his personality. If he didn't have the typical Nadal's reactions after won points he would be much cooler though ;) And also, this is a player who two weeks ago tried himself in a futures event in France though.

Stan Wawrinka has been around for a couple of years, his shots has been dicussed at the press room but as for me, I don't see this 'spark' in him. Maybe I am wrong and he will make a breakthrough and be huge. As for now - I don't think so, what doesn't mean of course he'll walk from the court defeated by Karlovic.

no offence :wavey:

I totally agree with you on korolev!!! :worship: He's much more a safin-like than a davydenko-like! This guy is inconsistent now, and I hope it will change. I don't think clay suits is game though.

As for stan, I think you are wrong. He used not to perform really well on surfaces other than clay 2 years ago. Fo rthe last year and half he's put huge effort to improve his game on fast surfaces and he has done much better recently. I am positive he's gonna be a top 25 by the end of the year if he starts entering more tournaments!

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 10:08 AM

I said blake wasn't a top 20 which means that what he achived (win 2 challengers on clay) is even more relevant of the value of this achivement!

It's not like, ok let's say ancic wins 2 challengers on clay and it'd be expected!

NATAS81
04-28-2006, 10:10 AM
I don't think there were any top 50 players in the tournament, so I wouldn't put those titles in high relevance.

Nathaliia
04-28-2006, 10:11 AM
I totally agree with you on korolev!!! :worship: He's much more a safin-like than a davydenko-like! This guy is inconsistent now, and I hope it will change. I don't think clay suits is game though.

As for stan, I think you are wrong. He used not to perform really well on surfaces other than clay 2 years ago. Fo rthe last year and half he's put huge effort to improve his game on fast surfaces and he has done much better recently. I am positive he's gonna be a top 25 by the end of the year if he starts entering more tournaments!
Well, I've never seen Stan on TV but in fact he entered one challenger around me and made a really big impression out there and it was on clay of course, and the style he sent Juan Mónaco home was impressive and it has been widely discussed in here, how far he can go at life.

I wish him all the best though, just have thought with the junior achievements and credits put in him for last few years, he could've been top twenty by now. Of course everybody has an individual way of graduation, and ex-Wimbledon champion Mahut (aged 24 or 25) this year is the best example.

I might have sounded harsh on Wawrinka only because I am crazy about wishing luck to Korolev. And you Swiss should make something with your current Orange Bowl champ cause he's not doing well lately...

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Well, I've never seen Stan on TV but in fact he entered one challenger around me and made a really big impression out there and it was on clay of course, and the style he sent Juan Mónaco home was impressive and it has been widely discussed in here, how far he can go at life.

I wish him all the best though, just have thought with the junior achievements and credits put in him for last few years, he could've been top twenty by now. Of course everybody has an individual way of graduation, and ex-Wimbledon champion Mahut (aged 24 or 25) this year is the best example.

I might have sounded harsh on Wawrinka only because I am crazy about wishing luck to Korolev. And you Swiss should make something with your current Orange Bowl champ cause he's not doing well lately...

stan had a great 2003 year for a 18 yr-old guy! He finished about 160 ATP. 2004 was not very good, he had a hard time climbing the rankings and 2005 was his break through. The main problem IMO is that he plays very few tournaments, almost as many as fed but unlike fed he doesn't play till the weekend obviously. I think he wants to take it slow and not get injured or anything, I guess!

I wish kotolev all teh best and I'm sure he'll be incredible pretty soon.

As for robin (roshardt) I agree, he's been messing around since his victory! But it is important to mention that the guy looks more like a 15 yr-old kid now than a 18 yr-old. If you compare physically korolev and him it looks like you have like almost a 5 year difference!

I'm sure he'll get stronger soon!

Anyway he's very talented, the most talented I'd say since federer (not comparing them!). We used to have 2 other hopes, valent (won wimby junior in 2001) and bohli (won the orange bowl under 14). They both had a good 2003 year but then collapsed. I think valent has physical issues but bohli is doing great lately!

FSRteam
04-28-2006, 01:00 PM

NOW SAY IT NATAS81!!!

Nathaliia
04-28-2006, 01:01 PM
I can say it for him, I'm his lawyer - davai Korolev :rolls: