... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

TeaMMashA
04-26-2006, 05:45 PM

nadalfan1
04-26-2006, 05:56 PM
well first, I was watching RG and I saw a boy with capris on and I thought it was hilarious, but then I kept watching and I saw that he was actually very cute, and it sort of evolved form there! :)

NaDALiTa
04-26-2006, 06:31 PM
The first time i saw him playing he was very young something like 16 yrs old, what first striked me was this contradiction between his child's face and his man's body and game. Then i saw him winning Carlos Moya and i told myself ..wow this kid (that as is older as me :lol: ) is the future of tennis, such maturity at a such young age !!! And his willing is .......INCREDIBLE

04-26-2006, 06:59 PM
This is so easy. Rafa has great looks, a great body, a great tennis game which is fun to watch, and as if that weren't enough from all I have ever heard or read about him he is a nice young man. I mean what more could you possible ask for :shrug:

04-26-2006, 07:02 PM
:lol: When my last post just came up in the Forum my earnings were shown with the money I got from vBetting on Rafa. So maybe I should add he is a great player to vBet on also :dance:

Mimi
04-27-2006, 01:54 AM
i remeber i started to notice him at the time when he helped spain to lift up the davis cup trophy, but before that, i have never seen him play, then i knew that he was within 2 points to beat roger, then i say "wow" and i began to notice him more, fianlly i was able to see him play, it was Monte Carlos 05, he is full of energy, his abilty to chase down the balls make me :eek: , well, i don't think he looks very good, but however i used to like persons with a baby face and he is this type :worship: , and also i noticed that off court, he is so humble, nice and well-educated, his maturity flys beyond his young age :worship: , from then, i wish him to win every match he plays :cool:

Ti-Anne
04-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Well, believe me or not but what attracted me to Rafa first was...Carlos :lol: !!
I've been a Moya fan for 3 years, and ever since I've heard of Rafael as his fellow countryman of Mallorca and his 'protégé'. So I naturally came to get an interest in the young man...and I discovered what all of you here already know : his immense talent, which few people still believed in at the time. I kept telling everybody : 'You'll see, one day Nadal will be #1'...well, if it wasn't for Rogi, he'd have been for ages now :rolleyes: . In real, I first discoverd him in Basel in 2004, where he was almost unknown, and I had a very good time watching him play doubles, smiling, joking, and it was so easy to reach him at the time. Then one month later he won DC with his fellows and people then began to believe me ! Of course, 2005 comforted everybody in the opinion that Rafael was indeed a great player. I also started to know his personality better as he was over-mediatized, and I now take for granted that he is a great person too.
Well, that's the way it goes for me ! ;)

TeaMMashA
04-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Well, believe me or not but what attracted me to Rafa first was...Carlos :lol: !!
I've been a Moya fan for 3 years, and ever since I've heard of Rafael as his fellow countryman of Mallorca and his 'protégé'. So I naturally came to get an interest in the young man...and I discovered what all of you here already know : his immense talent, which few people still believed in at the time. I kept telling everybody : 'You'll see, one day Nadal will be #1'...well, if it wasn't for Rogi, he'd have been for ages now :rolleyes: . In real, I first discoverd him in Basel in 2004, where he was almost unknown, and I had a very good time watching him play doubles, smiling, joking, and it was so easy to reach him at the time. Then one month later he won DC with his fellows and people then began to believe me ! Of course, 2005 comforted everybody in the opinion that Rafael was indeed a great player. I also started to know his personality better as he was over-mediatized, and I now take for granted that he is a great person too.
Well, that's the way it goes for me ! ;)

Where abouts in Mallorca is Rafa from because i have recently been to Palma Nova/Magaluf and saw many clay courts around there and id want to know if it was a possibillity that he had played on them.

kittysweet
04-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Where abouts in Mallorca is Rafa from because i have recently been to Palma Nova/Magaluf and saw many clay courts around there and id want to know if it was a possibillity that he had played on them.
he's from manacor i think

Ti-Anne
04-27-2006, 07:32 PM
he's from manacor i think

Yes, he's from manacor, in the east of the Island of Mallorca :D

MariaV
04-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Hmm, I had heard of Rafa before and even seen him play I think but I remember when I saw him play Hewitt in the 3rd rd at the AO in 2004 and lose in 3 sets but put up an incredible fight. I knew he was gonna be GREAT! :D He had a stress fracture later this spring after that and was out for long but I started to follow his career.

The Pro
04-28-2006, 12:57 PM
His arms, I was like 'oh baby'.

But then I warmed to his on and off court manner, his rather irrepressible play style and his cuddly spanishness.
He's also completely modest and fun loving. He's like a breath of freash air compared to Roger, who aint so fun, and the likes of Roddick and Safin who take themselves a little seriously IMO.

donna karen
04-28-2006, 02:21 PM
i first saw rafael in the grosjean match in rg 05.he played great tennis and the way he tried to calm down the crowd and handled the pressure was incredible to watch. he sort of became an instant fave.AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE WAY HIS HAIR FRAMED HIS FACE WHEN HE TOOK OF THE BANDANA.

rue
04-28-2006, 06:05 PM
His energy, youthfulness, he has absolutely no fear, his mental toughness and the way he plays every point like its the last point of the match really amazes me. He is also very vibrant. I love watching him. He makes tennis very entertaining.

Peoples
04-28-2006, 06:24 PM
His topspin :yeah:, his ass-socks-ass ritual and his pants!

mallorn
04-28-2006, 06:33 PM
His topspin :yeah:, his ass-socks-ass ritual and his pants!
Are you taking the mickey? :boxing:

Peoples
04-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Are you taking the mickey? :boxing:
Are you saying these things are not attractive about Rafa? :eek:

mallorn
04-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Are you saying these things are not attractive about Rafa? :eek:
No, I'm saying coming from you it sounds like you're taking the mickey. :boxing:

Or else...who are you and what have you done to Peoples?! :eek: ;)

Iza
04-28-2006, 08:29 PM
His energy and enthusiasm at first, and after that his ass :p and rest of the body to :aplot:

GonzoFan
04-28-2006, 08:49 PM
His amazing spirit, the way he plays and gives his heart in every single ball, how he never gives up! That great energy he has! :worship: This boy is great!
And also for me one of the most important things to admire a player is how they are off court and I always hear that Rafa is so humble, so simple, so nice! That's great! :worship:

Andre forever
05-05-2006, 03:20 PM
he's a GREAT tennis player.. sexy and cuteeeeeeeeeee

Andre forever
05-05-2006, 03:20 PM
and yah his behind woooooooooo...

maty
05-06-2006, 11:23 AM
first thing i noticed is his energy,speed,fist pumping along with vamos,then i saw his quite big behind and i was drooling all over the place.........oh and i really liked the fact he's shy....

Andre forever
05-06-2006, 03:14 PM
first thing i noticed is his energy,speed,fist pumping along with vamos,then i saw his quite big behind and i was drooling all over the place.........oh and i really liked the fact he's shy....

ditto

his energy and his sexyness woooooooot wooooooot :wavey:

celcius
05-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I love how he never gives up...his arms...and of course how he bites all of his trophies! (I think I have a thing for guys who do that.)

cinamoon
05-12-2006, 01:52 AM
His ass :D

kimfantoo
06-11-2006, 12:36 AM
His arms, I was like 'oh baby'.

But then I warmed to his on and off court manner, his rather irrepressible play style and his cuddly spanishness.
He's also completely modest and fun loving. He's like a breath of freash air compared to Roger, who aint so fun, and the likes of Roddick and Safin who take themselves a little seriously IMO.
:worship: I'm with you, the arms just make me melt, and I'm old enough to be his much older sister!! He oozes sex appeal :) :angel:

NY_TennisFan
06-11-2006, 11:49 PM
he just exemplifies in looks and personality the type of guy i look for

~EMiLiTA~
06-13-2006, 05:59 AM
well i first started to support him after Monte Carlo 2003 where he was a qualifier. he made the 3rd round and beat Albert Costa and only lost to Guillermo Coria.

and then i saw him live for the first time at Stuttgart in July 2003 when he came into the players lounge with ice cream all over his face and his undies sticking out of his shorts and it made me laugh (i think i've written this here somewhere before anyway)

and now i can't believe he's a dual GS champ!

Rafalution
06-14-2006, 09:01 AM
He's a Madridista, like me :)

MosquitoBitten
06-16-2006, 03:05 AM
The arms...oh the arms... :drool: They absolutely mesmerize me. And I love the way he looks when he rips the headband off after a match.

rafael_roger_fan
07-10-2006, 05:47 AM
His arms, eyes and his game!!

jcluvva
07-10-2006, 06:11 PM
I really love his great attitude and fighting spirit

rafael_roger_fan
07-13-2006, 11:04 AM
I also like his sportsmanship which he demonstrated to full extent in the Wimbledon finals.

lavalampdance
07-15-2006, 12:00 PM
I really like the fact that he's so young and is already so great at the game...just imagine him in years to come...so much potential!

the_natural
07-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Well it was the fact that he stopped Federer at the french last year, otherwise I didnt really know about him. I was suprised that someone stopped him. After that I watched him at the Canadian and at Madrid, I was taken aback, I really didnt believe he would beat Ljubicic but this year he proved more than ever what a great champion he is, that ability to whipe points, games, SETS out of his head and just get on with business, that amazes me to no end, thats his strongest weapon ahead of his forehand, his mind is amazing so strong and so willing to learn, and so QUICK to learn. Amazing. Then theres the forehand and of course the amazingly understated humility and good sportsmanship. I guess after that would be court speed and strength :)

Kalliopeia
07-16-2006, 03:44 PM
The first time I saw Rafa was this year's French Open final. I was just sort of flipping channels, I hadn't really followed tennis in a few years for various reasons. And I saw the match, thought "oh this must be the French Open final, I guess that must be Federer, who's this other guy?" And stopped to watch a bit, thinking I'd watch for five minutes and get bored (because honestly, there's nothing to dislike about Federer but he bores me into a coma). Three sets later, I was hooked. Rafa was down a set but was playing like a man possessed, and I was utterly riveted. So much passion and joy in the game, I couldn't look away.

Oh yeah, and the arms are pretty awesome, too. :)

Tyana
07-24-2006, 07:46 AM
I've heard about him very much for a long time but the first time I saw him was the final’06 of Rim’s Masters. Federer! 5 sets! Tiebreak! But he won. It was awesome.
I like his fighting spirit, that he never gives up. His aspiration for improving.
And his smile!

tennisdreams
09-29-2006, 06:02 PM
I can't really remember how I found out about Rafa, but I guess it was when he played Puerta in 2005 at the French Open. He was amazing! Actually I don't know how I hadn't heard of him before that because I've been watching tennis since I was little...strange. I love his spirit and attitude on the court especially, not to mention his modest demeanor after all his success! His quirks must be the greatest though... read my sig:lol:

Daftpunk
09-29-2006, 06:25 PM
His energy on court and the way that he always keeps fighting and never gives up.

Tina222
09-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Absolutely his fighting spirit:cool: :cool:

Grofica
10-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I am not visiting Rafa sub-forum but I am HUGE fan of his!! He is THE ONLY player on atp tour I can watch any time, I stayed sometimes very late just to watch him on TV:) I've seen him for the first time last year on RG, second round and I just fall in love with his energy,euthisiasm, talent and how good he looks. In this year USO when he lost to Youzhny, I watched that match four times and I rewind so many times a moment in forth set when he is losing and someone from audience told him something and he started smiling......how cute he was and is:)

cmurray
10-01-2006, 10:09 PM
The first thing that attracted me to Rafa is that he could beat Federer. That sounds mean but it's true. I like that Roger has competition.

I'd seen Rafa when he was younger and I remember hearing the tennis commentators talking about how he was going to be awesome one day. He wasn't as good looking back then. His face was too pointy/angular. Needless to say, he's definitely grown into his looks.

What keeps me coming back is his fiery spirit. He hits these amazing shots and his atheleticism is AMAZING. Also his ass. :angel:

KiwiChica
10-14-2006, 08:29 AM
Honestly - blame it on my dad.

Last year, he wanted to watch the RG final because he wanted to see "that muscular Spanish guy". Since tennis bored me to death at that time (I used to like it when I was younger, but lost the interest after Ivanisevic won Wimby; okay, I did follow who won which Slam and how well did Rainer Schuettler - my hometown boy - do, but that's about it), I only said, "Okay, go ahead, watch your tennis." I was prepared for a major snore, when Señor Nadal stepped on the court. I said, "HOLLA!"
I felt like being taken back to the 80s when Agassi showed up with his long mane and colourful, funny clothes when I saw Rafa's sleeveless shirt and piratas (I MISS THEM! BRING THEM BACK!! *shakes fist*). :)

What dad also couldn't/didn't know - I have a weakness for guys with longish, dark hair and brown eyes. :hearts: So instead of falling asleep, I developed an unhealthy obsession within a couple of seconds. Dad has cursed the day of 2005's RG final ever since. :angel:

What I like the most about him: His Never-Give-Up-attitude and fighting spirit, his energy, his charisma (even more so, when you see him up close and personal :hearts: ), and that he has achieved a lot for his young age already. He is someone to look up to (although I am six years older than him, but he is some sort of my inspiration to go on as I am going through my own personal hell - I am depressive and have a sub-form of anorexia), and that's the main reason why I support him. First, it was his looks and his outfit, but it turned into "more", something else (dunno how to phrase it best).

Alexandy
10-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Honestly, it was some of the people in GM. I love Fed, but it just irritated me that in cheering for Fed they had to say mean things about Rafa. So I found myself cheering for Rafa whenever he played.

But now that I've really gotten to know more about him, I love the style of his game, the way he never ever gives up no matter what the score, and his personality. He seems so sweet and nice.

Plus, on the shallow end of things...he's super cute. :)

NeverSayDie
10-26-2006, 03:17 PM
His looks, his arms, his ass :eek:, his clothes....and of course, his tennis ;). But what i love most about him is his determination to win every point which is the reason for my username :)

payrol
11-22-2006, 10:44 AM
hi guys..after lurking for quite sometime here...i've decide to join in..so can meet with Nadal's fan from all over the globe...hi all!! :wavey:

reason why i support him? his determination....chasing all the balls around the court as if his life hanging on it...his the reason why i started to watch men's tennis again...

p/s:..yeah..I'm a safin's fan too...dun worry...Nadal is number 1 to me..;)

veyonce
11-22-2006, 11:53 AM
It's nice to read how you gals/guys became a Rafa fan.

Well, for me, it all started in 2005 when I switched channels and supersports showed a live match between Roger Federer and his opponent who had a unique fashion sense.. Found out that it was the French Open semi-final and this guy is Rafael Nadal and was shocked when he defeated Federer cos Federer was like this undefeatable player. I was amazed by his play and was intrigued, watched the final and was happy that he won. His never-say-die attitude is just amazing and for a chap so young (I thought he was in his early 20s then), his mentality is way mature for his age. Of course, it helps that he looks good too (anti-rafa fans will disagree...).

It's pretty sad that most Federer fans always say mean things about Rafa after all it is a healthy competition and men's tennis needs some excitement...