http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/tursunov.asp

I think we're in for an entertaining week with Tursunov :D

CooCooCachoo
04-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Jürgen :rocker:

Deboogle!.
04-25-2006, 05:36 PM
"JoJo" :lol:

Very interesting stuff, like reading about the guys' perception of the places they're playing :) Melzer is a funny guy, hope he injects some of that into his blog throughout the week :p

CooCooCachoo
04-25-2006, 05:36 PM
He signs with JoJo? :shrug: :lol:

mangoes
04-25-2006, 05:37 PM
He signs with JoJo? :shrug: :lol:

I know............thought it was kinda cute ;)

alfonsojose
04-25-2006, 07:00 PM
JoJo :lol:

NATAS81
04-25-2006, 07:05 PM
JoJo should be reserved for one player only. :mad:

Ays25
04-25-2006, 07:07 PM
lol melzer buying fake dvds
you should be ashamed melzer! go and buy copyrighted dvds not copied ones!

SwissMister1
04-25-2006, 08:48 PM

I noticed that too - It costs money to travel and have a coach, I guess a tennis player has to cut costs somewhere ;)

cobalt60
04-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Nice read. :lol: about the Jojo though.

Lee
04-25-2006, 08:56 PM
:o Both Monday and Tuesday are April 24, 2006

Saumon
04-25-2006, 09:11 PM
At least I speak the local language - French - so I'll be able to do my own negotiating.
I should not have talked in French when he was around :tape: :o

Deboogle!.
04-25-2006, 09:12 PM
:rolls: I love this guy. So funny.I should not have talked in French when he was around :tape: :ouh oh :rolls: hope you didn't say anything bad :haha:

Frooty_Bazooty
04-25-2006, 09:14 PM
:lol: i love his blog, its really good! Im looking forward to his next post

alfonsojose
04-25-2006, 09:46 PM
ditto :o

Marine
04-25-2006, 10:39 PM
According to him, Morroco is a primary country, dangerous etc... :rolleyes:

chicky841
04-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Really cute! I will definately check back

Kristen
04-26-2006, 04:07 AM
Chair umpire Mohamed Lahyani has given me some advice on the best restaurants to go to. (He is Swedish but his family is from Morocco). I had a good meal at an Italian restaurant last night and I may do Italian again tonight. :yeah: Great to see the ATP putting another of my guys in the spotlight :lol: (as surprising as it is!) :haha: at JoJo and pirate DVD's! That's my man!

CooCooCachoo
04-26-2006, 09:07 AM
;) I knew you'd like it, Kristen :D

Kat!
04-26-2006, 10:41 AM
I hope Jurgen... (JoJo) gets to blog more... it's pretty good so far :lol:

margaret_gn
04-27-2006, 01:00 AM
gosh i need to keep up... i didn't even realise he was on the ATP blog and he's one of my top faves :tape:

I didn't know he spoke french either :eek: and since when did he call himself jojo!
the way he talked about him being at medium level in sudoku reminds me of little schoolboys telling their parents what they've been up to in a letter from boarding school :lol:
And i find it funny that he kept adding "PS - Check out my web site: www.juergenmelzer.com" after his entries.
I hope he keeps blogging since he's still in the doubles!

fenomeno2111
04-27-2006, 03:26 AM
Bootleg DVD's rock... Nice blog from JoJo

Saumon
04-27-2006, 12:37 PM
I wonder who's checking his hotmail next to him :lol:

*Ljubica*
04-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Of all the Blogs I've read so far - I'm enjoying this one the best. JoJo :) is refreshingly honest and funny - and seems to put more thought into his wriiting than some other players have.

Saumon
04-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I liked Jarkko's as well :p

Saumon
04-27-2006, 11:30 PM
The DVD saga is updated :lol: :p

Deboogle!.
04-27-2006, 11:35 PM
:haha: I'm picturing him chatting on MSN :rolls:

Horatio Caine
04-28-2006, 01:33 AM
Of all the Blogs I've read so far - I'm enjoying this one the best. JoJo :) is refreshingly honest and funny - and seems to put more thought into his wriiting than some other players have.

Ljubo and Ferrer wrote very well...Jurgen is on a level with them I think. To be honest, I thought Jarkko and Blake's were the worst.

Horatio Caine
04-28-2006, 01:33 AM
:haha: I'm picturing him chatting on MSN :rolls:

Could you picture Dent on MSN? :haha:

mangoes
04-28-2006, 01:58 AM
This is a really nice blog.........He is putting a lot of thought into writing his daily entries and that's definitely appreciated :)

Deboogle!.
04-28-2006, 02:33 AM
Could you picture Dent on MSN? :haha::haha: :haha: :haha:

"Can I eat and type at the same time?"

artlinkletter
04-28-2006, 02:46 AM
Haha it's funny how he keeps readers updated on his hunt for bootleg DVD's. Entertaining Blog indeed.

~EMiLiTA~
04-28-2006, 05:48 AM
i think his has been one of the better blogs...seems a nice guy

~EMiLiTA~
04-28-2006, 05:53 AM

haha i noticed that too!!

CooCooCachoo
04-28-2006, 08:05 AM
Jürgen is so adorable I want to cuddle him :hug:

JMG
04-28-2006, 01:53 PM
sat down to watch the doubles match between Huss/Phillips and Behrend/Petzschner.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

I hope he'll play with Petzschner one day, they would win Grand Slams together.

Horatio Caine
04-28-2006, 02:07 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

"Can I eat and type at the same time?"

I bet he is one of those horrible people using public computers - leaves sticky keys or food wrappers on the workstation :(

Horatio Caine
04-28-2006, 02:08 PM

Good eye! I didn't notice it until you mentioned it :yeah:

cobalt60
04-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Well he isn't afraid to speak his mind. One of the better blogs for sure.

chicky841
04-28-2006, 04:48 PM

I agree... Im looking forward to reading his next entry.

CooCooCachoo
04-28-2006, 05:20 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

I hope he'll play with Petzschner one day, they would win Grand Slams together.

:lol:

Funny.

JMG
04-28-2006, 06:32 PM
:lol:

Funny.

Melzer has even reached a semifinal with Waske, so it's a realistic guess.

Deboogle!.
04-29-2006, 03:15 AM
His entry tonight is the best! Not only did he buy purses for his girlfriend :haha: but he also found out most of the DVDs he bought are in French :rolls:

I really enjoyed the stuff about his difficult season and working through it and finding his game. Really fascinating insight into what these players go through.

Best blog so far..... by a mile!

Saumon
04-29-2006, 01:32 PM
I really enjoyed the stuff about his difficult season and working through it and finding his game. Really fascinating insight into what these players go through.

yeah :yeah:

I dont know what his camera is (his cellphone maybe :shrug: ) but it sucks. :tape:

avocadoe
04-29-2006, 03:08 PM
and he just won the dubs!!! bravo and great blogging :)

ae wowww
04-29-2006, 08:33 PM
I really enjoyed it he seems like a legend :D

Deboogle!.
04-30-2006, 02:32 AM
His last entry is up.. I'll miss it *sniffle*

Kat!
04-30-2006, 05:42 AM
Congrats to J & J on the doubles title! :lol: at least the blog ends on a happy note.

Hope next week's blog will be as interesting ;)

Tricky_Forehand
04-30-2006, 09:01 AM
His last entry is up.. I'll miss it *sniffle*

So will I...I thought it was the best Blog since the ATP site started this feature. Maybe they'll ask Juergen to do it every week :lol:

P.S. Until this week I was spelling his first name without that first "e" :o

Saumon
04-30-2006, 01:13 PM
P.S. Until this week I was spelling his first name without that first "e" :o
it's Juergen or Jürgen ;)

I hope next week's blog will be as good as this one! :p

CooCooCachoo
04-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Jürgen :clap2:

Best blog by far, so far :)

joeb_uk
04-30-2006, 11:43 PM
This is a very nice idea :yeah:

Great stuff melzer :lol:

Raquel
05-01-2006, 03:26 AM
Nice blog :) And I'm glad he won the doubles because any guy who buys his girlfriend two handbags, even if he haggled for them at a cheap bazaar, is a man after my own heart. He's a keeper ;) I just know for a fact if my boyfriend was wandering around bazaars in Casablanca the only bag he'd even think about haggling for would be one containing some high quality Moroccan weed, rather than a fake Chanel for me ;)

mangoes
05-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Bump for Tursunov

SwissMister1
05-01-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more of his wit and wisdom.

allblue
05-01-2006, 06:09 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/tursunov.asp

I think we're in for an entertaining week with Tursunov :D

This guy is hilarious!! I think he is a very funny guy and I hope he writes more~~ :D

KoOlMaNsEaN
05-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Best blog entry ever. Didn't know Dmitry had so much personality :D

Tricky_Forehand
05-02-2006, 03:16 AM
I laughed so much that I don't think I can pinpoint my favorite part. I hope that he writes all week.

spec7er
05-02-2006, 03:33 PM
:lol: at Tursunov's entries!

Regenbogen
05-02-2006, 05:00 PM
:haha: tursunov's blog is hysterical

mallorn
05-02-2006, 05:37 PM
The blog is absolutely hilarious. I had nooo idea Dmitry was so much fun. I was literally laughing out loud! :rolls:

Diet water

I got a full pound of clay in my shorts now!!! What am I supposed to do with it?!?!

The match was a bit awkward the first few games because this is our first time playing together and Marat doesn’t really understand the concept “my side/your side.”

Then we got a break in the second and at 3-1 up we lost my serve. Actually, I shouldn’t say we, because I had nothing to do with it! I went to get some water and fresh towels and while I was gone Marat managed to lose the game.

:haha: :rolls:

Now I'm rooting for him to win the tournament, so that he keeps those entries coming. :yeah:

R.Federer
06-30-2006, 09:21 PM
bump for this BBC report

Tursunov entertains the troops
By Caroline Cheese
BBC Sport at Wimbledon

They say there are no characters in tennis anymore, but it's probably fairer to say that they just hide it very well.
Tim Henman, for example, is not the cardboard cut-out he would have you believe, and his sharp sense of humour makes him one of the most popular players on the tour.

Jonas Bjorkman has earned a reputation as the Rory Bremner of the tennis circuit with his impressions of his fellow players.

Tennis fans in the UK know Dmitry Tursunov only as Henman's nemesis, the man who has felled the Brit in three of the last five Grand Slams.

But the Russian revealed his quirky side when he blogged for the ATP's official website at a tournament in Portugal recently.

A sample entry read: "8:30 Ride to the Players Party! Inside is a lounge filled with glamorous people all having glamorous conversations.

"Anyway, after we had some food and flirted with random people we had to leave. On our ride back we break the sound barrier banging our heads to Guns 'N' Roses - Knockin' on Heaven's Door. Luckily no-one answered!!!"

Speaking in a thick American accent, the result of being based in California since the age of 12, Tursunov tells BBC Sport he wanted to give the readers a different view of the tennis tour.

"Everyone knows what's going on," he said.

"I don't think people need to know how many times you practice, when you change your socks and how many times you shower.

"Most of the players liked it, even the ones I made fun of, although afterwards I thought maybe I should've changed the names and said all the characters were fictional!

"But I think they understood I wasn't directly making fun of them and that's better than going around pouting and getting upset."

But it's probably just as well the Russian is not blogging at Wimbledon.

"I haven't gone anywhere," he said.

"The only thing I've done is see a movie, The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift. It's good - possibly some of the finest acting I've seen in my life.

"Also it's right-handed driving so we've been trying to teach the Wimbledon drivers a few things. I'm getting ready to shoot The Fast and The Furious London."

We'll have Shevchenko in Russia soon anyway when Chelsea move to Moscow
Dmitry Tursunov

Tursunov only has himself to blame for his sorry social life, because tennis has been rather getting in the way.

The Russian, seeded 27th, will match last year's fourth-round run at Wimbledon if he can overcome Croatia's Ivan Ljubicic on Saturday.

Ljubicic, seeded fifth, is in unchartered territory at SW19, while Tursunov is yet to drop serve in two matches but the 23-year-old remains wary.

"It makes me feel I'm on a par with Ivan in the serving department," he said, suddenly deadly serious.

"And I hope Ljubicic's bad record is the deciding factor but I don't think it will be. It's only in the last couple of years he has got his game together and got into the top 10."

The eyes of the world might just be elsewhere when Tursunov tackles Ljubicic on Saturday, with Andy Murray and Andre Agassi in action as well as the World Cup quarter-finals.

But Tursunov even has an opinion, if pretty leftfield, on the football.

"I want Ukraine to win. If they do well, we'll probably invade them again, then we can have Andriy Shevchenko," he said.

"Then again, we'll have Shevchenko in Russia soon anyway when Chelsea move to Moscow."

Denisse
06-30-2006, 10:13 PM
hahaha, this guy is so funny. but ukraine lost so, too bad for him.

Clara Bow
06-30-2006, 10:16 PM
"The only thing I've done is see a movie, The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift. It's good - possibly some of the finest acting I've seen in my life.

:worship: My crush on Dima continues to grow.

Chileno
07-01-2006, 01:27 AM
Brilliant.