Novak ā Paris!!! Allez Nole, tu vas cartonner!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Novak ā Paris!!! Allez Nole, tu vas cartonner!!!

Pages : [1] 2

savesthedizzle
04-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Not only is this to you know, get excited for the French Open as far as Novak is concerned... but also all of us!

Who's going to be there?

Let's converse!

Saumon
04-24-2006, 09:39 PM
I'll go to the exhibition/end of qualies day and I hope to see Nole there :p

Saumon
04-24-2006, 09:42 PM
btw the title of this thread should be "Novak ā Paris!! En attendant Roland Garros!!" ;)

savesthedizzle
04-24-2006, 09:50 PM
I'll go to the exhibition/end of qualies day and I hope to see Nole there :p

Is that all? :sad: Not the first Sunday when I will be there?

savesthedizzle
04-24-2006, 09:50 PM
btw the title of this thread should be "Novak ā Paris!! En attendant Roland Garros!!" ;)

Better? ;)

Saumon
04-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Is that all? :sad: Not the first Sunday when I will be there?
nope :( I have to take the train that day and I dont have tickets :sad:

thanks for the title change :hug: :lol:

savesthedizzle
04-24-2006, 10:08 PM
nope :( I have to take the train that day and I dont have tickets :sad:

thanks for the title change :hug: :lol:

I have tickets! I have three! One for each show court! :lol: If you change your mind and want to go let me know and I'd be happy to let you use one if you want :)

Saumon
04-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Am I :retard: or am I :retard: ? I forgot to post my reply :retard: :o

that would be super mega nice :eek: :D :hug: but you have to know that i cant SPEAK english so it would be hard to communicate :tape: and I have to take my train at 7pm on the opposite side of Paris :banghead: :(

lucindia
04-24-2006, 10:17 PM
i'll be there too! dont know when exactly, but for sure for the qualies and the Weekends
see ya there

savesthedizzle
04-24-2006, 10:27 PM
Am I :retard: or am I :retard: ? I forgot to post my reply :retard: :o

that would be super mega nice :eek: :D :hug: but you have to know that i cant SPEAK english so it would be hard to communicate :tape: and I have to take my train at 7pm on the opposite side of Paris :banghead: :(

You write it so well! I'm surprised!!! This is certainly a problem because I can't write OR speak French. :lol: :sad: Well it was an idea!

Saumon
04-24-2006, 10:36 PM
I still can understand (if you speak vewwwy slowly :lol: )but my pronounciation is :o :tape: :unsure:

savesthedizzle
04-24-2006, 10:38 PM
I still can understand (if you speak vewwwy slowly :lol: )but my pronounciation is :o :tape: :unsure:

Awwww well don't be worried about pronounciation! :hug:

As for the story I thought I remembered... it turns out I had it wrong and am mixing two stories. He had been the number 1 seed in qualifying somewhere last summer and just didn't show up because he was doing something in Belgrade instead, so his opponent won with a walkover.

I think there was a seperate report about late night partying that I just combined with that other one. But still. :smash:

Saumon
04-24-2006, 10:44 PM
oh ok

well i still can take the next train (at 9pm) and i'll be back to my place around midnight but i have to see if i dont have an exam on monday :o

btw what will you visit in Paris?? :p

Grofica
04-25-2006, 07:01 PM
I am so envious right now!! for next three years I can't come because my exam term is on the same time as well as French Open!!! I want go there to see Paris and to watch matches:(

savesthedizzle
04-25-2006, 07:46 PM
I am so envious right now!! for next three years I can't come because my exam term is on the same time as well as French Open!!! I want go there to see Paris and to watch matches:(

:hug: I understand. I can never go to the Australian Open because that is right when my classes begin. Luckily I am graduating this year, so maybe I can go next year :)

I'm really excited to go to Paris since I've never been there before, but I won't have much time to do everything I want, so I will probably have to go back another time when there is not any tennis to distract me! :lol:

savesthedizzle
04-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Is one still on offer for me?!?!? :angel:

What day is it for again?

Oh. I got the impression that you were definitely not going. :o

It's May 28, Sunday.

Before I promise you guys tickets I should make sure I actually GET them first. Apparently they aren't delivered for some people until the middle of May. It'll be calling it close. I might not even get them.

savesthedizzle
04-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Why did you get that impression? :sad:

If there's a ticket available I'd happily have it....If not I'll probably try and go and get a ground pass but I dunno what day that would be :shrug:

I'll give you a big kiss if I can have it ;) :smooch:

I would love for you to go :) I hear rumors that ground passes are like... impossible to get for Monday. But if I get my tickets before I leave you can definitely use one :) :smooch:

savesthedizzle
04-28-2006, 04:00 PM
:inlove: :smooch: :D

:smooch:

savesthedizzle
05-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Guys, I just realized something.

I have no idea how to order tickets for like the Metro. Like even if there are machines I wouldn't be able to read them. Oh my gosh I am going to be so lost.

I need to study French religiously for the next 2 weeks or this may be ugly. :lol:

PennyThePenguin
05-10-2006, 03:39 PM
uhm. stand and look like a damsel in distress? or just randomly punch buttons. :D

savesthedizzle
05-10-2006, 03:46 PM
uhm. stand and look like a damsel in distress? or just randomly punch buttons. :D

Great plan. Stand, look pretty and bat my eyelashes at a cute young French boy and get him to do it for me. *nods*

PennyThePenguin
05-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Great plan. Stand, look pretty and bat my eyelashes at a cute young French boy and get him to do it for me. *nods*

of course ;)

savesthedizzle
05-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Bleh you should be able to change the language to English....

If not, Bonjour = Hello :D

Au revoir = Good bye. :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-10-2006, 08:56 PM
See, you're fluent!

:lol: I'm fluent in a whole lot of languages then :D :D

Saumon
05-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Guys, I just realized something.

I have no idea how to order tickets for like the Metro. Like even if there are machines I wouldn't be able to read them. Oh my gosh I am going to be so lost.

I need to study French religiously for the next 2 weeks or this may be ugly. :lol:
you can buy metro tickets at a desk (not sure that the person will speak english tho and it's often closed :ras: ) or with machines (i dont know if you can have it in english, surprisingly i've never tried :shrug: :p )

savesthedizzle
05-11-2006, 12:23 PM
you can buy metro tickets at a desk (not sure that the person will speak english tho and it's often closed :ras: ) or with machines (i dont know if you can have it in english, surprisingly i've never tried :shrug: :p )

Well, I figured all that. I meant more that I don't know how to SAY/READ the French necessary to do it, lol.

Saumon
05-11-2006, 12:26 PM
"Je veux/voudrais des tickets de metro" :p

savesthedizzle
05-11-2006, 12:49 PM
What does that mean? :lol: Why are there two options?

Saumon
05-11-2006, 12:55 PM
The 2 options mean the same thing :p "I want/would like metro tickets" ;)

Grofica
05-11-2006, 12:57 PM
What does that mean? :lol: Why are there two options?

well first option is present and second is condition form, in English you would just say 'I wish' ..........but the best option is to bring me along and I will comunicate in French for you:);)

CooCooCachoo
05-11-2006, 01:26 PM
:woohoo:

I hope to see Novak too :) Hopefully he will be there during qualies already so I can watch him practise.

Jess, will you only be there on Sunday?

And I do speak French, but I am hesitant to use it cause all the fluent French people will laugh at me :tape:

savesthedizzle
05-11-2006, 04:26 PM
well first option is present and second is condition form, in English you would just say 'I wish' ..........but the best option is to bring me along and I will comunicate in French for you:);)

You should come then and be my personal guide :)

savesthedizzle
05-11-2006, 04:28 PM

I hope to see Novak too :) Hopefully he will be there during qualies already so I can watch him practise.

Jess, will you only be there on Sunday?

And I do speak French, but I am hesitant to use it cause all the fluent French people will laugh at me :tape:

Yup! I will only be at the tennis on Sunday :)

Aww :hug: I spoke German in Germany and the only person that laughed at me was a girl at McDonalds.

Actually I attempted French in Montreal... AGAIN at a McDonalds and the girl laughed at me there too.

So I think you're okay if you just avoid McDonald's. :yeah:

Björki
05-11-2006, 04:51 PM
:lol: Jess. what did you say to the girl at McDoof?

CooCooCachoo
05-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Yup! I will only be at the tennis on Sunday :)

Aww :hug: I spoke German in Germany and the only person that laughed at me was a girl at McDonalds.

Actually I attempted French in Montreal... AGAIN at a McDonalds and the girl laughed at me there too.

So I think you're okay if you just avoid McDonald's. :yeah:

I always avoid McDonalds ;) I cannot stand it. :speakles:

And when I was in Paris last time, three years ago or so, I did try French. My friends also did. But they would always turn to English :haha: I prize myself for lasting the longest in speaking French, until the other person would switch into English :lol: The thing is, I can speak French and all that, but it goes so much faster irl.

CooCooCachoo
05-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Björki, I saw some of your Monte Carlo photos and I must say, they are great quality. What camera do you use? A digital or analog one? And what is the zoom?

I ask, because I just got a new camera with 100-300 mm zoom as a gift for finishing my first year of uni (which I should do unless I screw up the three things I still need to do - next week ---> thus I need to start studying pronto :o even though I do not think I can technically still fail the year) :D And I want to know what kind of pictures I can expect :)

savesthedizzle
05-11-2006, 08:29 PM
:lol: Jess. what did you say to the girl at McDoof?

I don't even remember, :lol: I was only like 15 and I had been doing so well with speaking German everywhere else but for some reason this girl kept asking me if I wanted a milkshake. Our conversation was something like this:

"I'd like a #2 please."
"Okay, do you want a milkshake?"
"Erm.... huh?"
"Do you want a milkshake?"
"I'd like a #2."

*I look blankly at her.*
*She switches to English*

And I'm like, "Erm, no!" :rolls:

I don't have the foggiest idea why this interaction took place.

savesthedizzle
05-11-2006, 08:31 PM
I always avoid McDonalds ;) I cannot stand it. :speakles:

And when I was in Paris last time, three years ago or so, I did try French. My friends also did. But they would always turn to English :haha: I prize myself for lasting the longest in speaking French, until the other person would switch into English :lol: The thing is, I can speak French and all that, but it goes so much faster irl.

I HATE McDonalds sooooo much. :lol: But whenever I'm in a foreign country with a group we end up there, almost guaranteed. I think I have only eaten there once or twice in the last 10 years at home, but much more often if I'm somewhere else. :lol:

PennyThePenguin
05-12-2006, 09:17 AM
When I was in Germany, some friends and I went to a department store looking for handkerchiefs. So we didn't know what the word for hankies was of course, I thought it was the same as that for tissue but no one believed me :o so we started this whole pantomime plus english with the store's staff asking for hankies but they were convinced we wanted gloves. So they kept going "handschuhe? handschuhe?" and we kept going.."nein, nein, nein!! handkerchief!!!" :p

we got our taschentueche aus stoff in the end though :o

savesthedizzle
05-12-2006, 12:36 PM
:lol:

Björki
05-12-2006, 01:08 PM
:lol:

Grofica
05-12-2006, 06:20 PM
I HATE McDonalds sooooo much. :lol: But whenever I'm in a foreign country with a group we end up there, almost guaranteed. I think I have only eaten there once or twice in the last 10 years at home, but much more often if I'm somewhere else. :lol:

:haha: :haha: So true........I don't eat at MC at home but every time I go abroad we finish our search for food in Mcdonald's!! every single time:):)

savesthedizzle
05-12-2006, 07:19 PM
:haha: :haha: So true........I don't eat at MC at home but every time I go abroad we finish our search for food in Mcdonald's!! every single time:):)

:rolls: I'm glad it's not only me that does it! :lol: :haha:

Saumon
05-13-2006, 10:00 AM
the last time I ate at McDonald's 7 years ago.... in Germany :lol:

to be back on topic: in 2 weeks at this same hour I'll be in RG!!! :banana: I'm so excited! :bounce:

PennyThePenguin
05-13-2006, 02:52 PM
lucky little fish. STALK PEOPLE!!! will you have their practise schedules again this year?

savesthedizzle
05-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Since belco is bumping up old threads just for the hell of it apparently, I wanted to make sure the threads that NEED to be up here, stay up here and don't get lost.

belco
05-14-2006, 10:33 AM
they wont get lost :P coz like... you know what my trademark is :P

savesthedizzle
05-14-2006, 04:40 PM
they wont get lost :P coz like... you know what my trademark is :P

Your trademark is making it look like only one person ever posts in this forum because you insist on being the last post even when you don't have anything to say?

They will get lost.

If we had voted me moderator back in the day, I'd sticky the important posts, but we decided not to have one at the time. :shrug: If ever I AM selected as moderator, stickies will be the most important thing I implement so that this doesn't happen. It's a huge pet peeve of mine.

Saumon
05-15-2006, 10:59 AM
lucky little fish. STALK PEOPLE!!! will you have their practise schedules again this year?
no, Vee doesnt work their anymore ;) I will have to "seduce" the security guys, they have it sometimes :lol:

2 years ago we had the phone number of the practice desk so we just called and ask :lol: :angel: :p

05-15-2006, 07:26 PM
so how many of u r going to rg?

i was talking today w/ my gf * who is crazy bout novak, and she was talking like...hmmm...his birthday is on 22nd, he will celebrate it there - in paris...his gf is in milano...maybe she will come to paris to be w/ him since i heard she was in monte carlo too....so - if someone sees them together - make a photo a? my gf is soooo jealous of her, i hate that so i want to see how she looks...does anyone of u have seen her before?

savesthedizzle
05-16-2006, 02:17 AM
so how many of u r going to rg?

i was talking today w/ my gf * who is crazy bout novak, and she was talking like...hmmm...his birthday is on 22nd, he will celebrate it there - in paris...his gf is in milano...maybe she will come to paris to be w/ him since i heard she was in monte carlo too....so - if someone sees them together - make a photo a? my gf is soooo jealous of her, i hate that so i want to see how she looks...does anyone of u have seen her before?

I will be there for a day....

And if I can hold myself back from tripping her or something, and I see her, I'll see what I can do.

05-16-2006, 03:54 PM
I will be there for a day....

And if I can hold myself back from tripping her or something, and I see her, I'll see what I can do.

thanks! poor girl...we all hate her w/out even knowing her...i guess she just have to step aside and leave novak free :D but i am still happy cause my gf is still w/ me = not w/ novak :D :angel:

savesthedizzle
05-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Okay. So erm. Who is excited for Roland Garros?

ME.

I hope Novak plays on Sunday :) That'd be awesome. :lol:

PennyThePenguin
05-18-2006, 01:16 AM

ME.

Jess.....:sobbing: you still haven't told me what time your flight leaves heathrow!

savesthedizzle
05-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Jess.....:sobbing: you still haven't told me what time your flight leaves heathrow!

That is because I have been too lazy to look it up! But I will tomorrow my dear, I swear!

Saumon
05-18-2006, 10:27 AM

ME.

I'm excited too!!
I'm not sure but I believe seeded players will play on sunday :unsure:

savesthedizzle
05-18-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm excited too!!
I'm not sure but I believe seeded players will play on sunday :unsure:

But the seeded players generally play someone not seeded in the first round :)

Saumon
05-18-2006, 02:37 PM
But the seeded players generally play someone not seeded in the first round :)
do you want him to play Fed or Rafa in the 1st round? :unsure:

savesthedizzle
05-18-2006, 02:51 PM
do you want him to play Fed or Rafa in the 1st round? :unsure:

I wouldn't mind Roddick, ToJo, Baghdatis, Ginepri, Coria.... ;)

Saumon
05-18-2006, 03:07 PM
I wouldn't mind Roddick, ToJo, Baghdatis, Ginepri, Coria.... ;)
:devil: :devil: (Ginepri will be seeded? :eek: )

savesthedizzle
05-18-2006, 03:09 PM
:devil: :devil: (Ginepri will be seeded? :eek: )

Oh yes. ;)

uglyamerican
05-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Tursunov will also be seeded. You know that there will be only 6 men's matches on the opening Sunday, all on the main courts.

uglyamerican
05-18-2006, 05:34 PM
To the list of acceptable seeds to face, I would add: James Blake, Kiefer, and Ljubicic (Ivan would be easier for others than for Novak). Second tier: Stepanek, Ancic, Hewitt.

savesthedizzle
05-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Tursunov will also be seeded. You know that there will be only 6 men's matches on the opening Sunday, all on the main courts.

Yeah. I'm hoping I get lucky with which 6 those are. :lol: I wish I could have put in for the Monday instead but I wasn't thinking properly :p

savesthedizzle
05-18-2006, 07:31 PM
To the list of acceptable seeds to face, I would add: James Blake, Kiefer, and Ljubicic (Ivan would be easier for others than for Novak). Second tier: Stepanek, Ancic, Hewitt.

Agreed :p

So about half the seeds are acceptable. We have a 50/50 chance here.

:unsure:

However there are many players not seeded who are also not acceptable... so... it will be tricky whether he draws a seed or not.

Saumon
05-19-2006, 05:53 AM
but you dont want Nole to beat his friend Torsonov, do you? :ras: ;)

Scotso
05-19-2006, 06:13 AM
Allez Nole.

Saumon
05-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Btw I think it was you who asked if you could come with your bag. I read in tennis mag you can let your bag at the "consigne" if you pay between 2.5 and 3€ or 2 and 3.5€ I dont remember ;)

savesthedizzle
05-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Btw I think it was you who asked if you could come with your bag. I read in tennis mag you can let your bag at the "consigne" if you pay between 2.5 and 3€ or 2 and 3.5€ I dont remember ;)

It wasn't me. :lol: But thanks for the info?

Saumon
05-19-2006, 02:23 PM
it was scottie :kiss:

savesthedizzle
05-19-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah! Then I wouldn't have had this silly dilemma :( :p

Well, this dilemma also could have been avoided if your friend's parents had just stopped having children so there was no younger sibling's bar mitzvah to go to. :lol:

Saumon
05-20-2006, 07:09 AM
ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!! :bounce: :banana:

:secret: we will have to change the thread title! :p

savesthedizzle
05-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Tell me what to change it to and I will before I go :)

uglyamerican
05-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Coria out, Massu gets seed.

Scotso
05-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Novak needs to tan his upper arms a little.

Novak will probably draw Federer 1r. That's okay, he'll beat him.

uglyamerican
05-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Saturday afternoon time wasting exercise #1:

I've invented my own RG draw (one quater of it). As of the time of this post, this draw is theoretically possible.

;)

uglyamerican
05-20-2006, 06:46 PM
let me know if the thing above doesn't work.

savesthedizzle
05-20-2006, 09:47 PM
That is a draw that would prove that dreams do come true. :lol:

Saumon
05-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Tell me what to change it to and I will before I go :)
Novak ā Paris!!! Allez Nole, tu vas cartonner!!!
:p

savesthedizzle
05-22-2006, 01:45 PM
What does that mean? :scratch:

I got most of it....but cartonner? :shrug:

I don't know either. She could be calling him an anchovy and I wouldn't know.

Saumon
05-22-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't know either. She could be calling him an anchovy and I wouldn't know.
:haha: :haha:
cartonner=to rock :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Ah ok. I understand now :D

Can we not have 'Jess veut jouer avec le pénis de Nole' :p

I don't know what that means but I know enough that makes me go :eek:

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 12:50 AM
:angel:

:ras:

Now that I have it completely translated... I must say... :eek: but also :secret: :devil:

Saumon
05-23-2006, 10:55 AM
behave les enfants! :p

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2006, 11:14 AM
heh...has jess left for london yet?

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 11:15 AM
heh...has jess left for london yet?

Nope :) :lol:

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2006, 11:17 AM
JESS! HIIIII!! when do you leave?

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 11:18 AM
JESS! HIIIII!! when do you leave?

TODAY.

My flight is in about 14 hours. :scared:

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2006, 11:19 AM
ok. and what time does your flight leave heathrow on the 16th of june lol

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 11:27 AM
ok. and what time does your flight leave heathrow on the 16th of june lol

Great question! Let me stop putting it off and actually look it up for you!

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2006, 11:28 AM
about time! lol

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 11:30 AM
It leaves at 4 pm :)

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2006, 11:34 AM
well that's pretty. I arrive at 3.30pm :haha: :haha:

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 11:50 AM
well that's pretty. I arrive at 3.30pm :haha: :haha:

Boo! You will be in customs as I am boarding my plane. :lol:

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2006, 12:17 PM
you could come to my arrival gate and wave to me!!! :p maybe we'll be lucky and our gates would be close by. does it work that way at heathrow??? :scratch:

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 12:32 PM
you could come to my arrival gate and wave to me!!! :p maybe we'll be lucky and our gates would be close by. does it work that way at heathrow??? :scratch:

Not as I recall :(

Here's a plan. I'll leave you a note taped to a bathroom stall and then you can go pick it up. :rolls:

We'll probably be in different terminals completely. :(

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Not as I recall :(

Here's a plan. I'll leave you a note taped to a bathroom stall and then you can go pick it up. :rolls:

We'll probably be in different terminals completely. :(

I'm coming in on Singapore airlines. no idea what terminal that is lol

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2006, 12:54 PM
I found out. I'll be arriving at terminal 3.

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm coming in on Singapore airlines. no idea what terminal that is lol

It is too close and may be tricky :( We will have to journey somewhere else simultaneously some day.

Randy and I were discussing honeymooning in Prague, Hawaii or Budapest last night. :lol: Any interest?

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 12:56 PM
I found out. I'll be arriving at terminal 3.

I'm leaving in terminal 3! This makes things slightly possible! But I still think improbable considering there is pretty much no hope of you getting through customs before my flight leaves. :(

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 12:58 PM
OMG this just reminded me of how much I hate customs. I had a fairly nice lady when I went through last year but my one friend had a huge biatch.

We all had these letters saying we were full time students so we could get a special stamp incase any of us got an internship, so we could work while there and this one lady was giving my friend a hard time saying, "You don't need this stamp. Why do you need this?" And he's like "Eeek I don't know, it's what my school is telling me."

Meanwhile my lady was like, "Okay, and I'll stamp you for a few extra weeks incase you need to travel. Have a good time." :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Going through customs in Germany was a little scary though...when was I there? 1999. I had only had 2.5 years of German at the time and there was this big scary gruff German soldier barking at you to stay behind a line. I was like "OMG don't eat me." :lol:

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2006, 01:00 PM
well, you could leave the note in the toilet I guess. at least we now know we're in the same terminal lol

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Hahaha how random would that be.

Someone else would probably read it and throw it out by the time you got there. Maybe I could tape something under a chair. :rolls:

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2006, 01:20 PM
how would I know which toilet it's in though? maybe you could stick it on the underground ticketing machine or something.

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 01:25 PM
how would I know which toilet it's in though? maybe you could stick it on the underground ticketing machine or something.

:rolls: That would definitely be gone by the time you got there ;)

I think all sorts of interaction are highly unlikely, as fun as a treasure hunt in Heathrow might be.

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2006, 01:27 PM
yeah. I think so too. ah well, maybe you could pass the note to one of the customs people. :p

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 01:31 PM
yeah. I think so too. ah well, maybe you could pass the note to one of the customs people. :p

Hahahahahaha. Ewww customs.

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2006, 01:37 PM
tell me about it. they do weird things sometimes. when I was coming home from phuket, they took everyone's mugshot at immigrations. why didn't they do that when we were coming in??? :scratch:

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 01:38 PM
tell me about it. they do weird things sometimes. when I was coming home from phuket, they took everyone's mugshot at immigrations. why didn't they do that when we were coming in??? :scratch:

That is bizarre.

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 05:04 PM
How about I take you to the airport, and say an emotional farewell to you :sad: Then Jiat arrives and cheers me up and we go out and get drunk together :D

Awww... who do I get to cheer me up though? No one :sad:

savesthedizzle
05-23-2006, 05:08 PM
We'll sort out Brian to meet you at the airport in NJ ;)

That will do :)

Anne-Claire
05-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Hello!

I saw Novak today @ RG, I have just uploaded one pic on my site but others will come soon!

He trained today on Suzanne Lenglen! but even with player tickets I can't enter the stadium as you have to have a credential so I missed the training :(

uglyamerican
05-26-2006, 01:09 AM
I had to bookmark your site. I had to.

uglyamerican
05-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Guess what? The draw sucks!

PennyThePenguin
05-26-2006, 10:15 AM
the draw doesn't just suck. it sucks BAD..... :sad:

uglyamerican
05-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Enough of this clay-court nonsense, anyhow.

Novak Dj
05-26-2006, 11:43 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Bad draw for Nole, but good luck against Horna.

tennis_freak67
05-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Novak play Blake in Trophee De Paris semi finals yesterday and lose 7-5 4-6 4-6 , but good news for him is Horna seem injured , he give walkover today.

Scotso
05-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Yeah, Horna is a liar and a cheat. So I don't know if you can believe his retirement.

Saumon
05-26-2006, 07:53 PM
:help: :sad: :help: :sad: :help:

savesthedizzle
05-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Novak play Blake in Trophee De Paris semi finals yesterday and lose 7-5 4-6 4-6 , but good news for him is Horna seem injured , he give walkover today.

:kiss: Yay you are posting here! :D :D

savesthedizzle
05-26-2006, 07:57 PM
So are we all just going to say the draw sucks and not say what it actually is and make me look it up myself?

Gosh, you guys fall apart without me.

Saumon
05-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Horna in the 1st round, Marat or Gonzalez in the 2nd ( :bigcry: ) and anyway they are in Nadal's quarter :rolleyes:

uglyamerican
05-27-2006, 04:02 AM
So are we all just going to say the draw sucks and not say what it actually is and make me look it up myself?

Gosh, you guys fall apart without me.

:ras:

Sure you're on vacation, but let's have a little effort. I mean, I'm starting to doubt if you're even that obsessed.:wavey:

Anne-Claire
05-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Nole played today vs Gonzalez for Benny Berthet day and He won 6/4!!
I'll upload some pics later ;)

Saumon
05-27-2006, 09:09 PM
yesss I was there too... I'll upload my pics too today or tomorrow :p
His parents and lil bros where there too ;)

at the end of the match they interviewed him:
"how does it feel to play on center court?"
"it's nice, very nice, last year I had the opportunity to play on this court but I had to retire... I hope the people who left (I think he meant "stayed"... it was the last match and many people had left) enjoyed our match today.."
The speaker translated this and then Novak takes the mic again "Can I had something?"
"yes"
"I hope I'll play on this court again the next next sunday" :lol:

Anne-Claire
05-27-2006, 10:08 PM

The speaker translated this and then Novak takes the mic again "Can I had something?"
"yes"

Yes I remember this sentence too, quite funny;)
It's nice to see that his family is in Paris to support him, one of his bro looks like him very much lol

PennyThePenguin
05-28-2006, 07:11 AM

at the end of the match they interviewed him:
"how does it feel to play on center court?"
"it's nice, very nice, last year I had the opportunity to play on this court but I had to retire... I hope the people who left (I think he meant "stayed"... it was the last match and many people had left) enjoyed our match today.."
"yes"

owwww...sweet.

Action Jackson
05-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Yeah, Horna is a liar and a cheat. So I don't know if you can believe his retirement.

Ok, what was that comment for then?

Peta Pan
05-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Jiat!! You are going to England? For Wimby??

So when are you going to visit us for AO then????? ;););)

:wavey: to everyone, and good luck to Novak!!!!!!

PennyThePenguin
05-29-2006, 01:57 AM
Jiat!! You are going to England? For Wimby??

So when are you going to visit us for AO then????? ;););)

:wavey: to everyone, and good luck to Novak!!!!!!

I'm not going to Wimby :bigcry: i'll be there the week before wimby! lol...

fangirl
05-29-2006, 04:09 AM
PETA! I am so shocked - you actually have an Aussie flag for once ;)!

Peta Pan
05-29-2006, 10:17 AM
She's realised it's not her fault that she's an Aussie ;) :p
:ras: I don't cheer for Australia in a lot of things, but the football is a different matter!

Scotso
05-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Ok, what was that comment for then?

Because he is one, he's a total ass. I saw him play Dominik Hrbaty live last year in Washington, D.C. and he was losing... he did everything he could to win the match. Everything. After going down in the third, he started "cramping," but when that didn't work he recovered. Then he started serving some underhanded drop shot serves... and late in the third set tiebreak he took a bathroom break when he was down. He's a jerk.

Saumon
05-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Court 10 Début ā 11:00

Simple Dames - 1er Tour.
Ivana Lisjak (CRO)
contre Galina Voskoboeva (RUS)

suivi de
Simple Messieurs - 1er Tour.
Juan Monaco (ARG)
contre Melle Van Gemerden (NED)

Simple Messieurs - 1er Tour.
Novak Djokovic (SCG)
contre Luis Horna (PER)

Scotso
05-30-2006, 12:48 AM
allez Nole!

PennyThePenguin
05-30-2006, 03:02 AM
ALLEZ NOLE!!!

and GOOOOOO AUSSIE!!! beat everyone except Brazil :angel:

Björki
05-30-2006, 05:32 AM
lets go Nole :bounce:

PennyThePenguin
05-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Nole won. :D Horna retired in the 2nd set.

So he now awaits the winner of gonzo-marat

Björki
05-30-2006, 03:26 PM

Natasha250688
05-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Novak won :bounce: 6-3, 5-0 Horna ret.
Even though Horna obviously wasn't playing well, Nole's stats are great:

Djokovic - Horna
1st Serve % 30 of 36 = 83 % - 32 of 53 = 60 %
Aces 6 - 1
Double Faults 1 - 2
Unforced Errors 8 - 18

Anne-Claire
05-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Well done Novak :woohoo:

Novak Dj
05-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Well done Nole. Good luck in 2nd!

Anne-Claire
05-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Good news, Nole is playing doubles as well:

Jerome Haehnel FRA
Alexandre Sidorenko FRA
c.
Novak Djokovic SCG
Lovro Zovko CRO

Go Novak!!

uglyamerican
05-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Lovro Zovko sounds like a fake name. Maybe it's Goran Ivanisevic in disguise.

Zovko's year-to-date prize money: 7480 US$. First round loss in doubles is worth 6,685 Euros. Novak should let him keep all of it.

What rules of scoring are they using in the doubles here? I don't think it's the match-tie-break thing they've been using on the ATP, is it?

Scotso
05-30-2006, 09:18 PM
No, it's up to the grand slam, they're independent.

Nice win for Nole... awesome stats! :D No surprise that Horna retired when losing.

Saumon
05-31-2006, 06:59 AM
I hope he beats Gonzo :devil:

Lovro is a hottie :drool: I've seen him play doubles at a challenger this year :p

Scotso
05-31-2006, 09:43 AM
Any pictures? I can't find any. :p

Saumon
05-31-2006, 11:03 AM
I have pictures but they are on my laptop and i'm at school at the moment :shrug:

Saumon
05-31-2006, 03:30 PM
Nole and Lovro lost 5-7 6-3 4-6 :(

Anne-Claire
05-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Oh no I really hoped to see them playing doubles this week end!! now he has to win his single match vs Gonzo ;)

Saumon
05-31-2006, 03:51 PM
he already beat him last week :aplot: :devil: (it was not a real match but still!)

Anne-Claire
05-31-2006, 03:57 PM
yes, hope that this is a good sign lol :)

PennyThePenguin
05-31-2006, 03:58 PM
ALLEZ NOLE! :D for real this time ;)

Scotso
05-31-2006, 04:31 PM
he already beat him last week :aplot: :devil: (it was not a real match but still!)

it didn't count, but it was real :p

c'mon Novakkkkkkkkk

belco
05-31-2006, 05:08 PM
No nole and ana in mixed doubles :( no nole at all... :(

good luck in singles tomorrow

uglyamerican
05-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Thurs schedule:

Court 7 11am
Hantuchova v Gagliardi
then
Novak v Gonzalez

unless they throw in unfished matches from today

Scotso
06-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Nole up 6-4 3-0* :bounce:

allez!

Scotso
06-01-2006, 12:35 PM
6-4 6-1 0-0* :bounce:

allezzzzzz Noleeeee finish him!

Scotso
06-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Where are you guys? :sad: I'm all alone cheering against a horde of retarded Gonzo fans. :mad:

3-5* in the third :rolleyes: oh Nole...

Scotso
06-01-2006, 01:29 PM
pfff... he gave that set away :mad: 6-4 6-1 3-6 0*-0

c'mon Noleeeeeeee

Scotso
06-01-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm off. BBL. Novak better have won when I return.

Saumon
06-01-2006, 02:19 PM
it's raining :( Milan if you read this, can you remind me your address so I can send you all my pics? ;)

PennyThePenguin
06-01-2006, 02:58 PM
keep it up novak!!!! :D

Novak Dj
06-01-2006, 03:03 PM
This is very good for Nole. He is 2:1 up and Gonzo started to play better and Nole probably started to feel tired because he played 3 sets in doubles. I think this is very good for Nole because he was very nervous before break.

P.S. Nole was amazing in the first and especially in the second set. :worship:

uglyamerican
06-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Play resumes. Novak's on my American TV. I'm so excited.

fangirl
06-01-2006, 04:06 PM
HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO LOSE WHILE I GOT O SLEEP. THAT IS ALL. NIGHT.

fangirl
06-01-2006, 04:07 PM
right i thought caps was off but it wasn't. meh. night!

Novak Dj
06-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Awesome. 6:4, 6:1, 3:6, 4:6, 6:1 :worship: :worship: :worship:

Good luck in third and don`t stop!

uglyamerican
06-01-2006, 04:53 PM
It only 8 minutes before noon here, but I'm going to crack open a beer to celebrate. Thanks for the win, Nole.

Saumon
06-01-2006, 04:56 PM
pictures of their exo on saturday and lovro zovko (sorry the quality is crap, he looks better in real life ;) )

Björki
06-01-2006, 05:22 PM
great win Nole :woohoo:
now beat my country man Haas :bounce:

Scotso
06-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Is it just me or is Novak gaining a bigger ass? :drool:

:bounce: Novak :bounce:

christos
06-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Well done Nole :yeah:

06-01-2006, 07:16 PM
novak putted some weight i think...he is not so slim any more...before i was afraid that the wind is going to blow him from the court..finally he is looking like a grown up :)

congratulations for great win!i believed in him...he is great danger for top players....one of few lower ranged players that can fight back top players like federer, ljubicic, gonzales, stepanek, ancic...hope he wont stop on 3rd round!
cheers!

Anne-Claire
06-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Cestitam Nole!!

When I saw rain delays and that Nole was about to play a fifth set, I left work and headed to RG.... but Novak won the fifth too quickly and moreover the court was really crowded, I just arrived when he was celebrating the victory!!!better late than never!! I now hope to see him play Haas saturday!!!!

Ajde Novak ;)

uglyamerican
06-01-2006, 09:34 PM
I think Novak's a little bulked up, but that's only natural at his age. From what I saw on my TV (mostly novak losing the third and fourth) I was very proud of him. He reminded me why I like him and his game so much. One more win please, Nole. If he does win I'll ask for another one more.

Hope you get to see him Anne-Claire.

PennyThePenguin
06-02-2006, 12:06 AM
novak putted some weight i think...he is not so slim any more...before i was afraid that the wind is going to blow him from the court..finally he is looking like a grown up :)

congratulations for great win!i believed in him...he is great danger for top players....one of few lower ranged players that can fight back top players like federer, ljubicic, gonzales, stepanek, ancic...hope he wont stop on 3rd round!
cheers!

what's it with your weight fixation??? :scratch:

PennyThePenguin
06-02-2006, 12:07 AM
GREAT JOB NOVAK!!!!! *hah! take that gonzo!* :D

Scotso
06-02-2006, 12:57 AM
I think Novak's a little bulked up, but that's only natural at his age. From what I saw on my TV (mostly novak losing the third and fourth) I was very proud of him. He reminded me why I like him and his game so much. One more win please, Nole. If he does win I'll ask for another one more.

Hope you get to see him Anne-Claire.

So his ass did get bigger :drool:

He's more filled out now and sexy. And damn, his smacking the ball was hot as well. I think people can stop talking about his serve being poor, too. It looks like it's a lot better to me.

belco
06-02-2006, 04:07 AM
novak shouldnt have a problem getting past haas i think....

good luck nole :D

Scotso
06-02-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm not sure why people are writing off Haas. Sure Novak has a good chance, Haas has to be the favorite.

c'mon Nole!

uglyamerican
06-02-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure why people are writing off Haas. Sure Novak has a good chance, Haas has to be the favorite.

c'mon Nole!

I think it's because Haas took it easy yesterday. He didn't push, and didn't need to.

Agree that Haas is the favorite, but I would be disappointed if Novak didn't at least give him a solid competition.

Sidebar: I can't believe how much more I smoked yesterday. Stressful, exciting day. I doubled my normal nicotene intake for the day.:smoke: :rolleyes:

fangirl
06-02-2006, 01:33 PM
novak putted some weight i think!

I bet you are larger than the entire country of Russia and put down other, perfectly healthy people to make you feel better about yourself.

Go get laid. Seriously.

uglyamerican
06-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Easy Kell. With Novak doing well this week, we should all be filled with happiness and flowers and rainbows and all that gay stuff.

Most of us agreed that Novak looks more muscley.

uglyamerican
06-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Ana and Nole on the Bull Ring tomorrow. Anna early, Novak late. Excellent.

Scotso
06-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Don't forget that he has more junk in his trunk, too. Mmmm.

I hope they both win. Easily.

Anne-Claire
06-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Hey,

I just read an interesting article dedicated to Novak in the french sport newspaper "lequipe" and I learnt that Novak is not trained by Piatty anymore!! Well, I was wondering for Piatti as I saw him several times this week but he was training ljubicic! Novak said in that article that the rumours about him becoming british... were not entirely false and that they're discussing. He talked about his breathing problems and that he tried Yoga with his girlfriend lol really nice article!

Damita
06-02-2006, 07:11 PM
hi everyone :wavey:

Anne-claire, I translated this article, I'll post it tonight (will try to do fast I swear :p)

Anne-Claire
06-02-2006, 07:25 PM
OK thanks, I was too lazy to do it tonight ;)

Damita
06-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Novak Djokovic, a breath of fresh air

The 19 y/o Serb is one of the less famous players of the new wave.

At the end of his 5 sets victory against Fernando Gonzalez yesterday, Novak Djokovic fell to his knees on the clay court. In this thin rain that poured during all the match, the 19 y/o Serb let pride overcome him. "I'm happy, he said later in the tiny press room, because I defeated one of the best players on this surface, and I don't feel like I played beyond my level. I have no intention to stop here. Now I'll play against Haas, who is a good player (25th) but not a clay-court specialist. I also overcame my problems, my doubts, and I feel confident".

At a rough guess the words from this smiling, sharped-eye young man could seem presumptuous. But that's the way he is, "Nole", his nose has always been blocked but he is adventurous (in French there was a play on words but the expression doesn't exist in English). "Nadal, Gasquet, Berdych, Monfils, Murray and I, we stand for the new generation. It's very exciting to be a part of it", he said last year in Bercy after a match played on the Halloween Day and that he started with a mask of Zorro.

While he was at it, he told his unusual lifestory: "My father and my uncle were excellent skiers. My father wanted me to play football, but when I was 4, some property developers built 3 tennis court just in front of the restaurant my family owned in the mountain. I immediately felt attracted to the courts, I even helped the workers to finish building them. It was my destiny".

As a good is always followed by an other, little Novak then met a tennis coach, Jelena Gancic, an excellent educationist. "I owe her everything. She convinced my parents that I could become the world #1. She taught me how to always create the best conditions around me in order to make progress. She always made me aware of what I needed to go further".
The professor also took under her wing the 2 young brothers of the champion, Marco (14) and Djordge (10). "They started tennis with her too and they both work very hard, because they want to become as good as I am. It will be easier for them if I succeed. I feel like I have a duty".

Friend with Croatian players

After the learning time, Djokovic left to Germany, following his teacher, who was a friend of Nikki Pilic, who owned a tennis academy in Munich. At the beginning, the former Yugoslavian champion refused to take care of the young man. "He said he couldn't have players under-16 at the academy, that the German methods would be too tough for me. I was only 14. My teacher insisted and Pilic welcomed me like I was his son. I had an apartment, the restaurant was close. I was often alone, but I didn't care".

At 16, he moved again. "I had become too good. So I went to see Dirk Hordorff, Rainer Schuttler and Lars Burgsmuller's coach and manager. He offered me to get one month of intense preparation in Frankfort. I followed their rythmn, and it put me in the picture".
Djokovic thus started working on his own, with his father standing by his side and following him in all his trips. In 2004, he won a challenger in Budapest after he made it out of the qualifying draw, and then he qualified for the ATP tournament in Bucarest where he defeated Clément to claim his first ATP victory. It's only last summer that he started working with Ricardo Piatti, the Italian coach of Croatia's Ivan Ljubicic. "Ivan, Mario (Ancic) and I are very good friends. Our countries used to at war, but we never talk about politics".

The only problem is that he suffers from a displacement of his nasal septum which forced him to withdraw here last year against Coria and which, a few weeks later, was the cause of a controversy about his attitude towards Monfils in the US Open (in their first round match, the Serb interrupted the match several times, which irritated the Frenchman).
Not guilty, says Djokovic: "In fact I have never been able to breathe normally. I had surgery done last November in Milan, at 4 different areas of my nose. But even after the operation I still had some difficulties to breathe after long rallies, which explains my quite poor results this year (he is 63th only)".
When he's told about yoga he laughs. "I tried it with my girlfriend, it works fine, but on court I still have to learn how to breathe", he says.

Deeply attached to Serbia, he became a Monegasque resident and wants to keep it this way, despite the rumour saying he'll soon be British. "I can't say this is true, but it's not wrong either", he admitted yesterday. During the last Davis Cup tie against Britain (in April), Novak and his family have been offered to obtain British citizenship. "We're simply discussing it so far".

Djokovic is actually a citizen of the world. He speaks English, Italian, German, and a little bit of French. And, still following the advice from his childhood coach, he's not afraid to take risks when it is about his well-being. The last change he made: he just split up with Piatti, to become his own master.

translated from L'Equipe, Friday 2 May

Damita
06-02-2006, 08:16 PM
OK thanks, I was too lazy to do it tonight ;)
No problem ;) I started doing it after work today, I actually felt relieved that no one had done it yet and that I didn't lose my time, lol :p

bye bye now, I haven't finished uploading my pics from benny Berthet and safinholics are impatient :o

Natasha250688
06-02-2006, 08:36 PM
"I can't say this is true, but it's not wrong either", he admitted yesterday.

He loves messing with our brains, doesn't he :(
serbian papers say that Novak said it's completely false, that they were just talking about it but not seriously :scratch:

Anne-Claire
06-02-2006, 08:53 PM
No problem ;) I started doing it after work today, I actually felt relieved that no one had done it yet and that I didn't lose my time, lol :p

bye bye now, I haven't finished uploading my pics from benny Berthet and safinholics are impatient :o

Great Translation! Merci!

Damita
06-02-2006, 10:23 PM
He loves messing with our brains, doesn't he :(
serbian papers say that Novak said it's completely false, that they were just talking about it but not seriously :scratch:
Yeah that's what he implied here. He didn't ask for anything and didn't take any decision. The offer has been made to him and to his family, for the moment they're only thinking of it and talking about it. Nothing more.

PennyThePenguin
06-03-2006, 12:02 AM

are we? ;)

thansk for the article steppy! :hug:

Scotso
06-03-2006, 03:12 AM
thanks for the article :D

06-03-2006, 08:00 AM

c'mon Nole!
To answer your question about Haas he got sick in Hamburg and had to withdraw from that Tournament. It was in doubt if he was even going to play RG because he still wasn't well. He said after his 1st Round win that he almost didn't play, but then thought he would give it a try.
The only health problem that was ever stated that I know of was allergies. So with the issue of his health I don't think you can say he is the favorite :shrug:

Saumon
06-03-2006, 12:39 PM
c'etait quoi le jeu de mots? :lol:

uglyamerican
06-03-2006, 01:59 PM
To answer your question about Haas he got sick in Hamburg and had to withdraw from that Tournament. It was in doubt if he was even going to play RG because he still wasn't well. He said after his 1st Round win that he almost didn't play, but then thought he would give it a try.
The only health problem that was ever stated that I know of was allergies. So with the issue of his health I don't think you can say he is the favorite :shrug:

Hmmm...I guess.

Scotso
06-03-2006, 03:24 PM
I don't buy it :p

uglyamerican
06-03-2006, 03:52 PM
I don't buy it :p

Now you say that!

Let's remember who's been here supporting Nole through the difficult times, so we can feel superior to any new fans.

PennyThePenguin
06-03-2006, 03:56 PM
4-1 up in the 2nd set!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

PennyThePenguin
06-03-2006, 05:06 PM
NOVAKITO IS IN THE 4TH ROUND!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

score: 7-5 6-1 7-6(4)

Scotso
06-03-2006, 05:12 PM
vviiiiiiiiiivvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Damita
06-03-2006, 05:14 PM
yeah!!!!! :woohoo:
c'etait quoi le jeu de mots? :lol:
Il a toujours eu le nez bouché mais il n'a pas froid aux yeux. :lol:

NINA_BCN
06-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Well done Nole!!!! :woohoo:

CassL
06-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Congrats Nole! This is the farthest he has gotten in a grand slam, right?

Damita
06-03-2006, 05:22 PM
are we? ;)

thansk for the article steppy! :hug:you're welcome :hug:
(and some of you are!... like that crazy Dutch who asked me for them almost everyday :p)

Björki
06-03-2006, 08:11 PM
:woohoo: well done Nole :woohoo: what a great result!!! :D :banana:

PennyThePenguin
06-04-2006, 12:40 AM
you're welcome :hug:
(and some of you are!... like that crazy Dutch who asked me for them almost everyday :p)

the blonde one? :angel: well, I didn't see you everyday so I couldn't ask :angel:

Scotso
06-04-2006, 12:43 AM
So who do we want... Monfils or Blake? I think Blake is more dangerous, as Monfils doesn't really have many weapons.

missbungle
06-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Yay for Nole!!! :woohoo:

uglyamerican
06-04-2006, 11:54 AM
So who do we want... Monfils or Blake? I think Blake is more dangerous, as Monfils doesn't really have many weapons.

I can't decide. A Blake matchup would be on TV and Blake wouldn't have such good crowd support. Monfils is less dangerous, agreed. I lean towards Blake.

uglyamerican
06-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Monfils is through. Bring him on.

CassL
06-04-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm afraid how Nole will react to the French crowd. Hope it doesn't affect him.

Björki
06-04-2006, 02:13 PM
lets go Nole you can beat him :bounce:

PennyThePenguin
06-04-2006, 02:45 PM
bring it on nole!!! show the french crowd what you can do :D

Scotso
06-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Well Monfils played three tough sets today, and that's his second really long match. I think that bodes well for Novak. Plus, I mean, I understand Monfils was a good junior and they say (and he is) a "great athlete" (though I don't know about "the best")... but man, he just doesn't have ANY weapons. He doesn't hit the ball very hard at all. I mean, he's fast, but Novak should really be able to munch on some of those loopy groundstrokes... and if Nole gives it a good ride, Monfils' speed isn't going to help him.

I just hope Nole continues to play well... if he does, he'll be in the QF. That said, the crowd could be a big factor, and I would say it's probably a tossup.

Allez Nole.

Scotso
06-04-2006, 03:32 PM
I can't decide. A Blake matchup would be on TV and Blake wouldn't have such good crowd support. Monfils is less dangerous, agreed. I lean towards Blake.

ESPN has the coverage tomorrow for nine hours, and there are only the 4 mens' matches... so hopefully we'll see Nole anyway. I'm sure he'll be on Chatrier since Monfils is French. I don't think ESPN would rather show Martin vs. Benneteau (or Ljubitch vs. uhmmmmmmmmmm.... er.... I forget?).

Scotso
06-04-2006, 03:32 PM
oh yeah, Ramirez Hidalgo :haha: :p

uglyamerican
06-04-2006, 05:17 PM
It's going to be on Lenglen, same time as Hewitt-Nadal on Chartrier. Unless the matches are totally simultaneous we should see some of Nole.

Björki
06-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Q. You're playing Djokovic tomorrow. Do you know his game? What kind of tactic do you have in mind?

GAËL MONFILS: Djokovic, let me think. I had problems with him at the US Open, 7‑5 at the end. We're at home. This is going to be very different.

He's a very good player. He's a very good player. It's going to be a big match again, I know. I hope that it might be a bit more fair play than last time. But I expect a big match.

Q. He said he told you that last time was fair play, as well.

GAËL MONFILS: Well, he couldn't breathe and he had a problem in the calf of his leg, then he had pain somewhere else. I can do the same and pretend I have blisters.

I don't think it was a very good way of playing. But I think he's more mature now. He has more experience. He's not going to repeat that, I think, in France. He's clever enough not to do that.

In the meantime, we got very friendly. We're both young players. It's good we should meet. I'm sure it's going to be very fair play tomorrow.

ezekiel
06-04-2006, 08:27 PM
good thing is that espn has coverage for 9 hours and there is only 4 men's matches on so they should fill that nicely. Bad thing is that his match is scheduled at the same timeframe as Nadal vs Hewitt. I suspect that Novak's match probably won't be broadcast live though but I haven't seen him play this week at all so it can only get better :D

ezekiel
06-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Q. You're playing Djokovic tomorrow. Do you know his game? What kind of tactic do you have in mind?

GAËL MONFILS: Djokovic, let me think. I had problems with him at the US Open, 7‑5 at the end. We're at home. This is going to be very different.

He's a very good player. He's a very good player. It's going to be a big match again, I know. I hope that it might be a bit more fair play than last time. But I expect a big match.

Q. He said he told you that last time was fair play, as well.

GAËL MONFILS: Well, he couldn't breathe and he had a problem in the calf of his leg, then he had pain somewhere else. I can do the same and pretend I have blisters.

I don't think it was a very good way of playing. But I think he's more mature now. He has more experience. He's not going to repeat that, I think, in France. He's clever enough not to do that.

In the meantime, we got very friendly. We're both young players. It's good we should meet. I'm sure it's going to be very fair play tomorrow.

It's sad that Gael is still sour over that match however I wouldn't blame him because media filled his head with this negativity. He wouldn't be in that match if Novak didn't have heat illness and at the end he couldn't capitalize on it but Novak played very brave at the end while being ill and earn that victory.

Danika
06-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Well done against Tommy Novak!And yay It has to be the media that filled Gaels head with negativity!Because I was watching the match on tv and I could see that Novak was in a lot of pain and he couldn't breath and I felt very scared for him because I thought something bad was going to happen to him!I mean poor Novak couldn't even stand up and he was breathing really hard!Even the commentators on tv were geting really scared and nervous for him!So Gael needs to watch his mouth and get over it!And now I really hope Novak wins!

Scotso
06-05-2006, 01:58 AM
It's kind of funny to me that Gael said stuff like that... he doesn't behave all that maturely on court. But whatever, let him be sour. It won't help him. Gael has a lot of growing up to do, as well. The way he panders to the French crowd isn't the best sporting behavior. I assume he means that by him being in France, he's going to force Novak to behave the way he wants him to. Nice, Gael.

Scotso
06-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Since Martin retired, Nadal vs. Hewitt will be on very shortly, and that will probably mean that we'll get to see at least a little of Nole.

The Undertaker
06-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Ljubicic is 2 breaks up in 4th set, so Novak should be on court in about half a hour. Can someone describe point-by-point?

Björki
06-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Novak wins first set 7-6 (5) :)

Anne-Claire
06-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Yes.... :woohoo: keep it up Nole!!

Björki
06-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Nole leads 5-3*
way to go :bounce:

Anne-Claire
06-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Nole won the second set... 7/6!!

It's very stressing...

Go Nole :)

Björki
06-05-2006, 03:57 PM
now down a break 2-3*

Björki
06-05-2006, 04:15 PM
:woohoo: Novak def. Monfils 7-6, 7-6, 6-3 :banana: :banana:

Anne-Claire
06-05-2006, 04:30 PM
I can't believe it!!!!! what a match!! Congrats Nole!!!!!

:woohoo: :banana: :banana: :woohoo:

lucindia
06-05-2006, 04:44 PM
OMFG....Nole in quaterfinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i'm so excited!!!
Ajde Nole

Novak Dj
06-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Great match and great win. Nole played excellent the most important points. Good luck against Rafa!!! I would be happy if Nole will give his best.

Scotso
06-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Nole's smallest brother was SO cute today. He was screaming at the top of his lungs for his brother, and you could see how nervous he was. It was adorable.

What a great win for Nole! :bounce: I'm so happy for him.

BTW, a year ago it seemed like Nole's name was a bad word on this forum... now look at all the fans he has here :rolleyes: Anyway, let's hope he plays well again Nadal! :yeah:

Scotso
06-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Also I want to strangle Mary Carillo. What a bitch. :rolleyes:

aaahhhhhh Nole in the QFs! :eek: :bounce: :worship:

CassL
06-05-2006, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=MatejBockoFan]Also I want to strangle Mary Carillo. What a bitch. :rolleyes:

QUOTE]

I know. She wouldn't shut up about that USO match and how Novak "bent all the rules to win the match." Shut up, Mary. :mad:

Grenouille
06-05-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm so happy for Nole

Anne-Claire
06-05-2006, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=MatejBockoFan]Also I want to strangle Mary Carillo. What a bitch. :rolleyes:

QUOTE]

I know. She wouldn't shut up about that USO match and how Novak "bent all the rules to win the match." Shut up, Mary. :mad:

Don't worry, we had the same comments with the french commentators.... It was really irritating at the end... to bring all this stuff from USO but Gael said that they were friends and the end of the match showed it...

06-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Congrats on Nole's win today :) And now it is on to the next Round :)

uglyamerican
06-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Nole's smallest brother was SO cute today. He was screaming at the top of his lungs for his brother, and you could see how nervous he was. It was adorable.

Who needs a coach when you've got that little guy on your side. He was fired up.

If Novak pulls out of Queens to rest, I know one girl who would not be happy.

Anne-Claire
06-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Who needs a coach when you've got that little guy on your side. He was fired up.

If Novak pulls out of Queens to rest, I know one girl who would not be happy.

I totally agree, Nole's little bro was really cute cheering for Nole!!;)

uglyamerican
06-05-2006, 08:34 PM
BTW, a year ago it seemed like Nole's name was a bad word on this forum... now look at all the fans he has here :rolleyes: Anyway, let's hope he plays well again Nadal! :yeah:

Going into the French last year, Novak was ranked 153. After the French he lost in the second round of Queens qualifing to Carraz. What a difference a year makes.

Klaas_nalbandian
06-05-2006, 08:40 PM
i loved novak last year, after his match against coria , he should have won that match

hopefully the youngsters show us a great match

uglyamerican
06-05-2006, 10:36 PM
I love seeing Novak's name going across the bottom on ESPN2 and ESPNnews. It's like seeing someone you know's name in the newspaper. Not quite, but almost.