Pro Lockerroom [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Pro Lockerroom

FrenchOpen
04-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Have you ever wondered what the players are like in the lockerroom?
If they're shy or......really open.(If you know what i mean...a.k.a..perverted)
are the showers communal? If so, then they all know what each other looks like...
I just wonder what they....do, and who they hand out with.
Do they ever pull pranks? What have you guys heard?

Fee
04-24-2006, 08:52 PM
One man's view:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/justin_gimelstob/01/18/locker.room/index.html

Congratulations on your first thread here at MTF, wondering about the naked antics of male tennis players. You'll fit right in.

alfonsojose
04-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Perv.

FrenchOpen
04-24-2006, 08:56 PM
NO!!!!!! I'm not a perv. i was just...wondering.lol

ae wowww
04-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Alfonso left out the :hugs: of his 'Perv' post :tape:

Saumon
04-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Perv.
:spit:
Poor Fonso was shocked :awww: :hug: :p

Fee
04-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Perv.

This is Alfonso's way of saying he likes you and will be chatting with you on MSN soon. :)

alfonsojose
04-24-2006, 09:01 PM
NO!!!!!! I'm not a perv. i was just...wondering.lol
;)

alfonsojose
04-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Alfonso left out the :hugs: of his 'Perv' post :tape:
Hi, Perv. :hug:

FrenchOpen
04-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Well, i mean, like...in the LOCKEROOM!
does anyone know if the showers are communal?
like, what r the players like?
i heard that tommy robredo and marat safin are...shall we say...NOT SHY AT ALL!lol
and like....what kind of undies do u think the guys wear?
like, roddick wears boxers i'm pretty sure, federer seema more like a boxer-briefs kinda guy. what u guys think
like, the "what's lleytton hiding in his pants" thread....i'm sure the scud could tel us...in detail

Eclectic Goddess
04-25-2006, 02:21 AM
I can already tell that I'm going to like you.

Do they ever pull pranks? What have you guys heard?

There was the time early last year when Mika Llodra climbed into Ivan Ljubicic's locker, naked. He claimed that, as Ljubi was having such a good year, he was just hoping some of his good luck would rub off on him. For his part, Ljubicic seemed more confused than amused.

federated
04-25-2006, 02:37 AM
I heard that Bjorkman was a bit of a prankster, too, on som Tennis Channel show...ugh, can't remember any pranks of course. :rolleyes:

LoveFifteen
04-25-2006, 07:28 AM
Andy Roddick and Marat Safin like to make out while they shower together. Same with Nadal and Moya. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Kristen
04-25-2006, 07:55 AM
I just wonder what they....do, and who they hand out with.
Do they ever pull pranks? What have you guys heard? I'm really hoping this is a typo, and not how you meant to write it.

I don't think about the locker room like that. I think about who they might have a meal with, but that's about it :scratch::shrug:

Kristen
04-25-2006, 07:59 AM
I heard that Bjorkman was a bit of a prankster, too, on som Tennis Channel show...ugh, can't remember any pranks of course. :rolleyes:From Jonas' website:

It's as if he can't stop himself doing own variations on " The Sting" and making prank calls and pretending to be somebody else. Having a lark is just way too tempting. His favourite "sting" was in 1998 when the national team was preparing for the Davis Cup final against Italy in Monte Carlo. Together with Nicklas Kulti Jonas fooled national captains Calle Hageskog and Anders Jarryd into believing that Prince Albert of Monaco had invited them all to dinner at the palace. Hageskog and Jarryd got dressed up to the nines.

The whole charade held all the way up to the palace guards, who were not really impressed when doubles pairing Hageskog-Jarryd stated their business. Jonas and Nicklas Kulti then had to come clean and the whole team moved on to a restaurant in the vicinity instead and ate a good meal. A great start to a great evening!

To crown it all off, Calle Hageskog earlier during the day had, with barely concealed pride, mentioned the Prince's invite in an interview with Radio Kronoberg. This in turn reached the ears of the TT(National News Service) team and in no time at all the news was all over the country….

williaer
04-25-2006, 08:01 AM
What a perverted thread....
Um... I don't know much about the locker rooms and what goes on inside - however I can assure you that at the AO there aren't communal showers; they have shower cubicles. They're quite like Justin Gimelstob said in his blog... very normal, quite clean, lots of players services and the only interesting things that go on inside are the massages and the training rooms

Kristen
04-25-2006, 08:05 AM
They're quite like Justin Gimelstob said in his blog... very normal, quite clean, lots of players services and the only interesting things that go on inside are the massages and the training roomsSurely someone will be posting 'that' pic of Rainer Schüttler getting a massage some time soon. I mean, I have it somewhere in my computer :o but, I don't want to be the seedy one who posts it :)

MariaV
04-25-2006, 08:09 AM
Surely someone will be posting 'that' pic of Rainer Schüttler getting a massage some time soon. I mean, I have it somewhere in my computer :o but, I don't want to be the seedy one who posts it :)
Oh, you have to leave it to Alfonso. :D :lol:

SLICK
04-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Mikhael "Misha" Youzhny likes to sit quietly by himself reading novels

Nathaliia
04-25-2006, 09:48 AM
coria uses computer :p sometimes they watch tv, play on playstation, play cards... they are normal people :shrug:

however - that thing by llodra was a classique. and also lol at jonas

~EMiLiTA~
04-25-2006, 10:00 AM
i heard that tommy robredo and marat safin are...shall we say...NOT SHY AT ALL!

well i don't know about in the locker room but i have seen robredo walking in a hotel corridor in underwear lol

the joys of staying at official player hotels

Tracy89
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Well Moya and Rafa joke around in the lockerrooms......Pretending Rafa is a dog and Moya was holding his tag like it was a bridle... :o

Saumon
04-25-2006, 12:30 PM
There was the time early last year when Mika Llodra climbed into Ivan Ljubicic's locker, naked. He claimed that, as Ljubi was having such a good year, he was just hoping some of his good luck would rub off on him. For his part, Ljubicic seemed more confused than amused.
:lol:
Last week in MC Tursunov put the "Russia" tags he had on his shirts to play DC in Llodra's, Grosjean's and Clément's lockers. :devil: :devil:

I know he spends lot of time on the computer in the players lounge, his teammates call him "the hacker" because of that. :p

Saumon
04-25-2006, 12:33 PM
well i don't know about in the locker room but i have seen robredo walking in a hotel corridor in underwear lol

:lick: that was when he had been playing on playstation with Rafa no?

federated
04-25-2006, 02:24 PM
From Jonas' website:

It's as if he can't stop himself doing own variations on " The Sting" and making prank calls and pretending to be somebody else. Having a lark is just way too tempting. His favourite "sting" was in 1998 when the national team was preparing for the Davis Cup final against Italy in Monte Carlo. Together with Nicklas Kulti Jonas fooled national captains Calle Hageskog and Anders Jarryd into believing that Prince Albert of Monaco had invited them all to dinner at the palace. Hageskog and Jarryd got dressed up to the nines.

The whole charade held all the way up to the palace guards, who were not really impressed when doubles pairing Hageskog-Jarryd stated their business. Jonas and Nicklas Kulti then had to come clean and the whole team moved on to a restaurant in the vicinity instead and ate a good meal. A great start to a great evening!

To crown it all off, Calle Hageskog earlier during the day had, with barely
concealed pride, mentioned the Prince's invite in an interview with Radio Kronoberg. This in turn reached the ears of the TT(National News Service) team and in no time at all the news was all over the country….

:haha: :haha: ooo, he's good.

FrenchOpen
04-25-2006, 08:59 PM
yeah...i don't mean the player's lounge, i mean the actual lockerroom....so, they wouldn't play cards and stuff in teher would they?

martirogi
04-25-2006, 09:16 PM
surely somebody on this website has worked at a tournament and had access to these areas.

Saumon
04-25-2006, 09:21 PM
http://roland-garros.france2.fr/touteslesvideos/index.php3?date=2005/05/23&id_article=31 there's a video from the lockerroom where gasquet wears nothing but a mini towell there (at about 2:30 i think) :o

Saumon
04-25-2006, 09:26 PM
on this one you can see Gasquet after his match while Rafa is getting ready for his ;)
http://roland-garros.france2.fr/touteslesvideos/index.php3?date=2005/05/25&id_article=38

jrm
04-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Play station?

:lol:

alfonsojose
04-25-2006, 10:09 PM

you bitch :devil: :D

Damita
04-25-2006, 11:04 PM
surely somebody on this website has worked at a tournament and had access to these areas.
Vass has access to the locker room in Dubai. He doesn't work there but he plays tennis in the club which hosts the ATP and WTA tournaments.

FrenchOpen>> That's one of Vass's reports from 2005 http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=28827
He posted some more (last year and this year) both in GM and in the Safin forum. But I don't have the courage to go look for them. So if you're interested, good luck with the search tool :p

buddyholly
04-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Well Moya and Rafa joke around in the lockerrooms......Pretending Rafa is a dog and Moya was holding his tag like it was a bridle... :o

Horses wear bridles, but anyway...........I guess they were just horsing around.

Actually, that was not pretending. The whole world knows Rafa is Carlos' bitch.

FrenchOpen
04-26-2006, 01:31 AM
If someone REALLY saw Tommy Robredo, then what kinda undies does he wear? I WONDER where he was coming from.......lol

ChloeLove
04-26-2006, 01:49 AM
Mmhh . . . Tommy Robredo :drool:

idolwatcher1
04-26-2006, 05:09 AM
http://www.filecabin.com/up1/1146091596-rg-tr1.jpg

http://www.filecabin.com/up1/1146091657-rg-tr2.jpg

yes... I got bored... :tape:

Deboogle!.
04-26-2006, 05:32 AM
OMG.... Andrea.... :spit: :haha: :rolls:

El Legenda
04-26-2006, 06:06 AM
I've been in lockeroom in TMS Cincy, for past 4 years, a lot of players uses internet to check email, talk to friends by IM. other play poker, i saw a lot of that last year, most of the spanish speaking players play poker for money 5-6 at a table. other watch current matchs on big screen, some play arcade games or x-box/ playstation2.

Allez
04-26-2006, 06:52 AM
OMG Rafa running like that in the lockeroom :eek: :eek: :eek: That is just crazy. He could injure himself or worse, knock someone dead. It's like he can't wait to get out there :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

purple_star
04-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Actually, that was not pretending. The whole world knows Rafa is Carlos' bitch.
or it could be the other way around, for all we know. :lol:

idolwatcher1
04-27-2006, 01:49 AM
http://www.filecabin.com/up1/1146098043-rg-tr3.jpg

http://www.filecabin.com/up1/1146098482-rg-tr4.jpg

to be continued...? :tape:

will Tommy ever get to "play"?
will Robby ever get a clue?

find OUT on an all new episode of

Pro Locker Room

:p

cobalt60
04-27-2006, 01:58 AM
:lol: Keep it up Idolwatcher! Great great great! I would actually watch this sort of soap opera.

Fee
04-27-2006, 02:34 AM
must be a soap opera, I cannot see Robby ever saying the word 'concierge'. Pretty sure he'd just say 'hotel desk guy'.

alfonsojose
04-27-2006, 03:45 AM
Oh, you have to leave it to Alfonso. :D :lol:
:devil: :devil: Damien, please ;)

Lee
04-27-2006, 03:49 AM

Pro Locker Room

:rolls:

Can't wait for the new episode!!!

alfonsojose
04-27-2006, 03:59 AM
http://www.filecabin.com/up1/1146098043-rg-tr3.jpg

http://www.filecabin.com/up1/1146098482-rg-tr4.jpg

Pro Locker Room

:drool: :drool: Robby, he wants to .. :ignore: :mad:

alfonsojose
04-27-2006, 04:04 AM
:rolls:

Can't wait for the new episode!!!
:lick:

Grenouille
04-27-2006, 08:46 AM
good thread

Grenouille
04-27-2006, 08:59 AM
http://roland-garros.france2.fr/touteslesvideos/index.php3?date=2005/05/23&id_article=31 there's a video from the lockerroom where gasquet wears nothing but a mini towell there (at about 2:30 i think) :o

I'd love to be in the locker room :devil:

Horatio Caine
04-27-2006, 09:55 AM
must be a soap opera, I cannot see Robby ever saying the word 'concierge'. Pretty sure he'd just say 'hotel desk guy'.

:haha:

~EMiLiTA~
04-27-2006, 10:33 AM
sounds like this could be a new episode for the Spanish Armada soap in Feli Lopez's forum

connectolove
04-27-2006, 10:42 AM
If my memory doesn't fail, I thought that futbol players in the US, were actually caught in the locker room having sex more than ten years ago ... he, he... of course, Americans tend to be more "gay" oriented than Spaniards (just an example) probably due to their sexual repressions and not yet accepted cultural hatred for women.

I don't see that happening in Spain because Spaniards are very open about sex.

idolwatcher1
05-02-2006, 07:00 AM
http://www.filecabin.com/up1/1146549828-rg-tr5.jpg

Tommy? :tape:

NATAS81
05-02-2006, 07:09 AM
Heh. :yeah:

idolwatcher1
05-24-2006, 04:23 AM
and the soap continues... :p

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/372/rgtr67nb.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7646/rgtr7b8nc.jpg

*Viva Chile*
05-24-2006, 05:05 AM
:haha:

soraya
05-24-2006, 05:14 AM
:lol: must be a soap opera, I cannot see Robby ever saying the word 'concierge'. Pretty sure he'd just say 'hotel desk guy'.

drf716
05-24-2006, 06:23 AM
lol. almost as creative as the lockeroom confrontations at wtaworld

tennisgal_001
05-24-2006, 05:52 PM
LMAO!
Dayum, this is so perverted... but keep it up guys

tangerine_dream
05-24-2006, 06:06 PM
I have a dumb/weird question:

Do people walk around nude in the lockerroom with others around (like they used to do all the time before the image-conscious '80s) or is everybody pretty much covered up?

I ask this because the lockerroom reminds me of gym class: nobody would be caught dead walking around stark naked in front of the others. It doesn't matter if you're surrounded by friends, modesty and fear of ridicule rules the roost!

Even at my local gym lockerrom (where people are generally in great shape), rarely do you see somebody walking around in the nude.

Maybe it's different in other cultures.

tennisgal_001
05-24-2006, 06:22 PM

Do people walk around nude in the lockerroom with others around (like they used to do all the time before the image-conscious '80s) or is everybody pretty much covered up?

I ask this because the lockerroom reminds me of gym class: nobody would be caught dead walking around stark naked in front of the others. It doesn't matter if you're surrounded by friends, modesty and fear of ridicule rules the roost!

Even at my local gym lockerrom (where people are generally in great shape), rarely do you see somebody walking around in the nude.

Personally, I'm not really into walking around completely nude... it's a bit uncomforting, especially if the locker room is FULL... there's no need to put ur business on display for the entire world to see (n' I'm quite fit, physically). Btw, and this is an irrelevant question, but what flag is that?

zicofirol
05-24-2006, 08:25 PM

In the USA its about 30% go all out in the locker room and its really not necesary no one wants to see a 60 yr old or 20 for that matter walking around naked in the locker room, its like WTF?

alfonsojose
05-24-2006, 09:05 PM
I think it depends. They're not kids or teenagers and from what i've seen from Tennis Pro (the tennis T.V. show hosted by Zabaleta, Chela and others) it's not that big deal. Most of the times they use towels but being naked isn't an issue.

I don't mind hanging around naked in the locker room, neither my co-workers members of the football team (something that i really appreciate :devil: )

_pyromatic
05-24-2006, 10:18 PM

Since a lot of them have been around each other so much I'd imagine they don't mind. In theater, for example, people are a little shy changing at first but by the end of a show none of us care.

idolwatcher1
05-24-2006, 10:28 PM
In the USA its about 30% go all out in the locker room and its really not necesary no one wants to see a 60 yr old or 20 for that matter walking around naked in the locker room, its like WTF?
:haha: did you do your own statistics? When granny starts stripping down, look the other way! :scared:

supersexynadal
05-24-2006, 11:03 PM
im wondering how easy is it to get in there? I know somepeopl who managed to get in but theyre not friends of players.

Conita
05-24-2006, 11:10 PM
:haha: :haha:
loving th story!
n e more?

chicky841
05-25-2006, 03:24 AM
I think it depends. They're not kids or teenagers and from what i've seen from Tennis Pro (the tennis T.V. show hosted by Zabaleta, Chela and others) it's not that big deal. Most of the times they use towels but being naked isn't an issue.

I don't mind hanging around naked in the locker room, neither my co-workers members of the football team (something that i really appreciate :devil: )

That reminds me: on tenis pro theyve done a few interviews of players while they were in the shower (above the belt)..so ya I guess it must not be that big an issue. (for them at least).

Fee
05-25-2006, 04:25 AM
I think the naked locker room thing is more about gender than culture. For whatever reason, it seems that guys are more relaxed about being undressed there than women are. The times I've been in gym lockerrooms, its been hit and miss, some women are more comfortable without a towel than others. I prefer to cover myself up, but mostly because I get cold easily!

idolwatcher1
05-26-2006, 05:35 AM
Will fantasy become reality? Tommy will try any way he can... :tape:

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/3191/rgtr8b2fe.jpg

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/886/rgtr9b2od.jpg

Lee
05-26-2006, 05:38 AM
:lol: :rolls: :haha:

~EMiLiTA~
10-08-2006, 08:28 AM
hahahahahaha i forgot about this ongoing saga

ahora qué pasa??

atheneglaukopis
01-09-2007, 07:32 AM
J'torian to the rescue! :rocker2: :bowdown:

Metis
01-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Just bumping this up to get rid of the spam threads. :haha:

And I thought there would be some juicy gossip... :sad:

Metis
01-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Is that story still going on? I thought Dima had taken Robby's place in Tommy's heart....

Xristos
01-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Ask me in a year!
Ill tell you all the goss.

RickDaStick
01-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Hmm its really not as exciting as you might think. Mostly they just sit around, some are on the computer, others play video games. Usually there is a game of pool going on. Some also watch movies or other matches going on and for the most part all the guys are pretty friendly to each other in there.

Fee
01-10-2007, 03:27 AM
That's the players' lounge. The lockerroom is different (no food, no clothes :lol: ).

RickDaStick
01-10-2007, 03:28 AM
That's the players' lounge. The lockerroom is different (no food, no clothes :lol: ).

Obviously:) My bad I just glanced at the title without really thinking too much about it.

Fee
01-10-2007, 04:18 AM
Word. :)

{but its kind of funny to think that 'the guys are pretty friendly to each other in there' could be about the lockerroom ;) }