I propose "Restricted Posting Abilities" as warning before Banning! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I propose "Restricted Posting Abilities" as warning before Banning!

Denaon
04-24-2006, 07:31 PM
May I suggest to contemplate the idea of adding a "restriction to post", let's say max 10 posts per day.

I dunno if that's possible but I think it's a good idea to do before deciding to ban anyone.

I've got someone in mind who's been acting as a fool for some time now.......and no, it's not me :nerner:

:wavey:

Thanks in advance

04-24-2006, 11:12 PM
May I suggest to contemplate the idea of adding a "restriction to post", let's say max 10 posts per day.

I dunno if that's possible but I think it's a good idea to do before deciding to ban anyone.

I've got someone in mind who's been acting as a fool for some time now.......and no, it's not me :nerner:

:wavey:

Thanks in advance
Doesn't the MTF at least give a warning, if not more than one warning, before someone is banned from the Forum?
I think the MTF Admin. is very fair to people so that makes me think that the MTF wouldn't just ban someone without warning them. Unless someone did something really awful and right off hand I can't think of what that might be?

Deboogle!.
04-25-2006, 12:20 AM
It generally takes a long time for someone to get banned here, and they really have to cause a lot of trouble before it happens. You're right Mae, the admins give people at least one "official warning" before any kind of permanent ban, and I think there also may be the possibility for a "suspension" or temporary ban before anything permanent, but I'm not sure about that. But yea they definitely don't just ban someone out of the blue unless it's something like you said, really really egregious.

In theory some kind of limit sounds good, then again if the person is causing that much trouble, letting them post still 10 times a day or something is still enough for them to cause trouble if that's what they want to do.

04-25-2006, 05:18 AM
You know Denaon if you are really concerned about your friend have you tried talking to him/her yourself about behavior on the Forum? Sometimes just hearing something from a friend is all a person needs to change. But I'm sure the MTF Admin. will be very fair with your friend or anyone else before they are completely banned from the Forum for good :yeah:

Denaon
05-01-2006, 06:32 AM
You know Denaon if you are really concerned about your friend have you tried talking to him/her yourself about behavior on the Forum? Sometimes just hearing something from a friend is all a person needs to change. But I'm sure the MTF Admin. will be very fair with your friend or anyone else before they are completely banned from the Forum for good :yeah:
Actually I meant this as a "warning"...it was just a thought..

I dunno, maybe it's worthless but everytime I have any "idea" I just propose it...just in case it's good indeed.........although I don't expext any of them to be brilliant :yeah:

BTW that poster is not a friend of mine...it's not me who might say something to him/her...

jazz_girl
05-27-2006, 03:30 AM
We usually send out warnings before banning someone. However, if that person is constantly making arguments, having a double account, posting racist or homophobic comments, the warning will be a suspension. It could be a couple of weeks, a month or even longer before a permanent ban. If it is "that" bad, he/she could be directly banned. We're getting more and more strict with this cause we've been having many arguments and complaints lately, so please, as gravity said: "Think before you post" It's a simple "warning" or advice we sent out to all of you ;)

05-27-2006, 05:37 AM
That sounds very fair to me :) And Denaon it is very nice of you to be so concerned about someone else. The way you posted I thought the person was a friend of yours. That's why I mentioned you talking with them.

tangerine_dream
12-22-2006, 09:41 PM
Is there anything that can be done about posters like angiel who insist upon posting a litany of general-news Sampras articles in GM that are more suitable for the player's forum? She knows the rules but insists on being a Sampras troll anyway.

GlennMirnyi
12-23-2006, 03:27 AM
Doesn't the MTF at least give a warning, if not more than one warning, before someone is banned from the Forum?
I think the MTF Admin. is very fair to people so that makes me think that the MTF wouldn't just ban someone without warning them. Unless someone did something really awful and right off hand I can't think of what that might be?

When I was banned I got no warning whatsoever.

Deboogle!.
12-23-2006, 03:46 AM
When I was banned I got no warning whatsoever.Just to be clear, when were you banned?

GlennMirnyi
12-23-2006, 04:05 AM
Just to be clear, when were you banned?

Newport's tuesday.

Deboogle!.
12-23-2006, 05:40 AM
Newport's tuesday.So, before the new ownership and changed moderation? All I know is that since September, things have changed and the policies are open and publicized now. See the general guidelines announcement at the top of all the forums and the banned users thread in the announcements forum.

adee-gee
12-23-2006, 10:36 AM
When I was banned I got no warning whatsoever.
It was fully deserved though, there's no room for trolls on MTF :)

GlennMirnyi
12-23-2006, 01:56 PM
It was fully deserved though, there's no room for trolls on MTF :)

If that was true, you should had come with me and all... :lol:

adee-gee
12-25-2006, 02:51 PM
If that was true, you should had come with me and all... :lol:

I'm an angel compared to you :boxing: