Murray def. Marcel Granollers-Pujol 4-6 6-4 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Murray def. Marcel Granollers-Pujol 4-6 6-4 6-2

ae wowww
04-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Just squeezed past the world no.291, fair enough he said he lost to him last year, but Murray is top 50 now, should be routining matches like this.

Apparently too many poorly executed droppies - I'm thinking trying too hard on the clay?

BRING BACK THE PETCH! :D

Sjengster
04-24-2006, 06:32 PM
What I find funny about this from reading the reports on Ceefax is that the young Spaniard was sadly stricken by cramps in the third set, which aided Murray's cause. He has a little more excuse for developing them than Muzza does.

joeb_uk
04-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Murray finally wins a match, I would say great win but its against a no hoper! Lets all throw a party! Well a short one, before he gets bumped by ferrer :D

Petch probably gave it to murray that he sucked on clay, and told him what he needed to change and murray probably didnt like being told how much he blows on the dirt.

Anyway, hardly encouraging win from reports I have heard:

"He was all at sea however, for much of the match, regularly misfiring on his serve, and hitting too many poorly executed drop shots which his grateful opponent ran down and hit winners off with ease.

joeb_uk
04-24-2006, 06:34 PM
What I find funny about this from reading the reports on Ceefax is that the young Spaniard was sadly stricken by cramps in the third set, which aided Murray's cause. He has a little more excuse for developing them than Muzza does.

Yes I had also read that from a report on inside tennis:
"Murray’s victory in the end was hastened by the Spaniard’s lack of mobility due to a combination of cramps and an ankle injury which required an injury time- out for treatment"

Fee
04-24-2006, 06:34 PM
He better get his head together before he steps into his doubles match with Justin. Grrrr....

;)

ae wowww
04-24-2006, 06:40 PM
BBC: "I only arrived here at 10pm on Saturday night and so I've only had the chance to practice for two hours on clay,"

What will the excuse be against Ferrer?

I think Andy had better tell Bollettieri pretty soon that he accepts, otherwise that offer may be withdrawn :lol:!

revolution
04-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Bah, was hoping this match would have been ignored in GM, but it hassn't.

Deboogle!.
04-24-2006, 06:48 PM
BBC: "I only arrived here at 10pm on Saturday night and so I've only had the chance to practice for two hours on clay," Where did he go after MC, then? He has no excuse for getting there that late....?

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-24-2006, 07:15 PM
:lol: Andy you lazy kid:retard: Get your arse out and practise.

ae wowww
04-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Where did he go after MC, then? He has no excuse for getting there that late....?

Yeah I've no idea lol. I guess that is the only time easyjet has a flight from Scotland :tape:

propi
04-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Marcel :sad::sad:
Let's hope your friend Tomeu Salva can do some damage :bounce:

Regenbogen
04-24-2006, 07:57 PM
is there some other granollers-pujol in sports or something? because i swear i recognize the name but it wasn't a tennis player

Jimnik
04-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Can't wait to see Andy play Ferrer. Could be a great match.

In theory, it should be easy for Ferrer. In practise, we all know that Murray is never easy to beat. Most of his losses have been after a final set.

Allez
04-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Now that Murray is performing badly on clay he's changed his tune. After Queens last year when everyone was touting him as a threat at Wimbledon, he said that grass is not his favourite surface and that clay was (presumably because of his training in Spain). He then went on to do well in the US, now he says (rightly so) that his favourite surface is hard courts and that he merely enjoys playing on clay :haha::haha:

Andy, please make up your mind! Best of luck against froggie tomorrow :yeah::yeah::yeah:

joeb_uk
04-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Now that Murray is performing badly on clay he's changed his tune. After Queens last year when everyone was touting him as a threat at Wimbledon, he said that grass is not his favourite surface and that clay was (presumably because of his training in Spain). He then went on to do well in the US, now he says (rightly so) that his favourite surface is hard courts and that he merely enjoys playing on clay :haha::haha:

Andy, please make up your mind! Best of luck against froggie tomorrow :yeah::yeah::yeah:

He says what will fit the excuses. God, why dont people just own up and say they suck on a surface or they lack the condintioning etc :shrug:

Deboogle!.
04-24-2006, 09:32 PM
He says what will fit the excuses. God, why dont people just own up and say they suck on a surface or they lack the condintioning etc :shrug:There are lots of players who admit they're not that good on a particular surface or whatever :) Murray just doesn't appear to be one of them ;)

KoOlMaNsEaN
04-24-2006, 09:42 PM
What a great win Andy! :D :rolleyes:

OddJob
04-25-2006, 04:51 AM
Well done Andy congrasts on ur first clay court win of '06! :bigclap:

Duncan
04-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Congrats to Andy the eighteen year old who is doing pretty darn well for his full 1st season on the atp tour. He will learn with every match played im thinking. Well at least im willing to give him the chance to learn unlike some idiots here