Euroleague Final-Four Prague 2006! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Euroleague Final-Four Prague 2006!

Nimrodg
04-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Da real thing starts on friday :rocker2:

If someone wants i'll give stats and all about everything

Maccabi Tel-Aviv to go for the THREEPEAT@ 3.25 :rocker2: (but i'm not objective so don't listen to me :lol: )

C'mon Anthony, show them who is the best player in europe :yeah:
:worship: http://www.euroleague.net/fotos/noticias/jornada1/med_652_22.jpg:worship:

bad gambler
04-26-2006, 08:13 AM
If Maccabi win the whole thing I wil give up gambling :p

Tau will take care of them on Friday (i think?) ;)

bad gambler
04-26-2006, 08:13 AM
Though Anthony is one hell of a player I must admit :yeah:

Nimrodg
04-26-2006, 12:20 PM
If Maccabi win the whole thing I wil give up gambling :p

I wrote that :lol: :lol:

I'll write a preview for the matches later

Nimrodg
04-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Tau Vitoria
This is a rematch of 2005 final, but lots things have changed in the teams in the past year.
Maccabi lost her PG, Jasikevicius to the NBA, that's only one thing but it had big affect on the team.
Tau's best player of last year, Masijauskas also left to the NBA.
The teams changed completely because of that and it can be seen by the style of play(Especially in Tau, which have a new coach).
Maccabi hasn't been great this year. They lost many games that they should have won easily, but in the money-time they mostly played great. I think they will be at their best in this Final-Four. After all, after 2 consecutive titles you have less desire than the 1st title.
Tau have a squad of talented players, like Tiago Splitter, Erdogan, Hansen and many more.
I think both of the teams in the same level and this match is very close to call - Tau have more depth in the squad and Maccabi with more experience.
But as i know Maccabi well this match is up to her - If players like Parker, Baston and Vujcic will play their best, Maccabi should win this one.
This is Maccabi's 6th Final-Four in 7 years, in the past Final-Fours - they reached 4 times out of 5 to the final.
Again, i'm not the "Objective" person to ask about this match, but I know a bit about this team in this is my opinion

Maccabi Tel Aviv over Tau @ ML 1.65

bad gambler
04-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Tau to cover +3 v Maccabi - $1.91

&

CSKA Moscow to cover -4 v Barcelona - $1.91

gl

The Undertaker
04-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Maccabi over Tau
Barcelona over CSKA

Nimrodg
04-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Tau Vitoria
This is a rematch of 2005 final, but lots things have changed in the teams in the past year.
Maccabi lost her PG, Jasikevicius to the NBA, that's only one thing but it had big affect on the team.
Tau's best player of last year, Masijauskas also left to the NBA.
The teams changed completely because of that and it can be seen by the style of play(Especially in Tau, which have a new coach).
Maccabi hasn't been great this year. They lost many games that they should have won easily, but in the money-time they mostly played great. I think they will be at their best in this Final-Four. After all, after 2 consecutive titles you have less desire than the 1st title.
Tau have a squad of talented players, like Tiago Splitter, Erdogan, Hansen and many more.
I think both of the teams in the same level and this match is very close to call - Tau have more depth in the squad and Maccabi with more experience.
But as i know Maccabi well this match is up to her - If players like Parker, Baston and Vujcic will play their best, Maccabi should win this one.
This is Maccabi's 6th Final-Four in 7 years, in the past Final-Fours - they reached 4 times out of 5 to the final.
Again, i'm not the "Objective" person to ask about this match, but I know a bit about this team in this is my opinion

Maccabi Tel Aviv over Tau @ ML 1.65

FT 85-70
$$$

saras 21
04-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Maccabi -Tau 85-70

Yeah!!!!

bad gambler
04-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Tau to cover +3 v Maccabi - $1.91

&

CSKA Moscow to cover -4 v Barcelona - $1.91

gl

I watched both games, both Moscow and Maccabi were impressive in different ways, still give the edge to Moscow though

split

bad gambler
04-28-2006, 08:58 PM
good stuff Nimmy ;)

Vujcic was a beast today :)

Nimrodg
04-28-2006, 09:55 PM
good stuff Nimmy ;)

Vujcic was a beast today :)

Not only Vujcic :)
Solomon gave awesome game in defence, and stopped Prigioni, the best PG so far in the Euroleague.
Parker as usual, amazing. Amazing 1st half, got little injured in the 2nd and didn't scored pts in that half.
Baston with 7 blocks! knocked down Tau and made 2 3pt shots :p :p
And of course Vujcic, like a PG with 8 assists.

I think the bookies will favour CSKA, so if Maccabi are 1.80 in ML and up, the value is on them for sure

Nimrodg
04-30-2006, 05:06 AM
Tau to beat Barcelona @ 1.85

good luck all

bad gambler
04-30-2006, 08:57 AM
I have a Moscow outright pending - the responsible thing to do would be to hedge and take maccabi in the final, but geez $2.15 for CSKA in the final???

CSKA were the clear favourites out of the top 4, paying something like $2.50, so basically after the SF the bookies have jumped on the Maccabi bandwagon

So going to add a bit more on my Moscow bet...

CSKA Moscow to beat Maccabi - $2.15

gl

Nimrodg
04-30-2006, 12:09 PM
It will be tough bg. Currently there's no value on Maccabi, but I still think they got big adventage. Maccabi will have the support of something between 10,000 and 11,000 fans, and you can add Tau and Barca that probably will cheer Maccabi. That's like Maccabi are hosting the match.
But Maccabi vs CSKA are big rivals so i can't say that it's clear that Maccabi will win.
For example, CSKA's coach, Mesina, is 12-0 against Maccabi(but the last match was in 1998).

I think the bookies got the odds right after seeing both games, there's a bit value on CSKA but i hope they won't win :D

About the 3rd place match - I think that Tau are better team than Barca and they should win this one. They won't play like they played agaisnt Maccabi, i believe they have the power to beat Barca, and to take at least the 3rd place.

bad gambler
04-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Lets hope for a good game Nimmy :D

Maccabi is getting absolutely pounded - CSKA Moscow has drifted to $2.36 on Centrebet

There could be a lot of unhappy people in a few hours time :eek:

Nimrodg
04-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Tau to beat Barcelona @ 1.85

good luck all

What a gift :D

won

(easily :D :D :D )

bad gambler
04-30-2006, 08:20 PM
I have a Moscow outright pending - the responsible thing to do would be to hedge and take maccabi in the final, but geez $2.15 for CSKA in the final???

CSKA were the clear favourites out of the top 4, paying something like $2.50, so basically after the SF the bookies have jumped on the Maccabi bandwagon

So going to add a bit more on my Moscow bet...

CSKA Moscow to beat Maccabi - $2.15

gl

Moscow drifted to $2.60 just before tip off as well

CSKA wins 73-69

win

Nimrodg
04-30-2006, 09:43 PM
:sad:

bad gambler
05-01-2006, 12:52 AM
:sad:

:hug:

Imagine if Andersen played for Moscow as well? :rocker2:

Nimrodg
05-01-2006, 03:55 AM
:hug:

Imagine if Andersen played for Moscow as well? :rocker2:

Imagine if Parker and Vujcic were really played for Maccabi in the final :o

bad gambler
05-01-2006, 05:37 AM
:lol:

pressure does some funny thngs Nimmy - CSKA were the most consistent team all season, fair to say they deserved to win