4 Belgians in the top 50! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

4 Belgians in the top 50!

Hagar
04-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Now that Kristof Vliegen is on spot 50.
Even Jon Wertheim noticed it: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jon_wertheim/04/24/ad.in/index.html

Go Belgian Boys!!! :D

Castafiore
04-24-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm particularly pleased for Vliegen but well done, boys!

They even managed to get in Wertheim's ad in, ad out? Great stuff!
Now all we need is our Belgian tv stations (and the Flemish ones in particular :( ) to pay a bit of attention to them and show some of their matches.

NATAS81
04-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Vliegen is gonna win me a lot of $$$ come summer HC. :smoke:

BelgianWaffle
04-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Go Kristof! I knew from the first time I saw him play he was going to be good. Not top, obviously, but I think he has a decent career ahead of him. :)

Purple Rainbow
04-24-2006, 06:03 PM
This is quite shocking! And their ladies are top class too! :)
Finally something us Dutch people can envy you for! Oh, and Tom Boonen of course! ;)

Seriously, I root for my Belgian friends all the time! Dick Norman is on the brink of the top 100 as well!

Frederick16
04-24-2006, 06:52 PM
vliegen in the top 50 is as ferrer in the top 10! but very nice for him :)

njnetswill
04-25-2006, 01:08 AM
Where are the Dutch? :confused:

Go Belgian Boys. :woohoo:

DeccyB123
04-25-2006, 01:16 AM
Vliegen :rocker2:

OddJob
04-25-2006, 04:49 AM
Kristof is only going to get better. He's having his best year yet.

idolwatcher1
04-25-2006, 05:08 AM
...and 4 Americans are in the top 20! :D

(wait, that sounded bitchy)

Congrats to Vliegen for his best ranking yet! :hatoff:

Deboogle!.
04-25-2006, 05:11 AM
Yay! I love all the Belgian boys. I think it's just coincidental but it's nice to see their success :D Vliegen's got a nice game, and it's interesting to see him do well on clay; i think he can have successes on many other surfaces as well :D

Hagar
04-25-2006, 08:54 AM
...and 4 Americans are in the top 20! :D

That's also very impressive but the US have some more inhabitants than Belgium with 10 million.

Loftra
04-25-2006, 11:13 AM

Now all we need is our Belgian tv stations (and the Flemish ones in particular :( ) to pay a bit of attention to them and show some of their matches.

We will have to wait for some attention for the male players till the Belgian media stop licking the pussies of Kim and Justine.

Also, it's time for a Belgian ATP tournament.

alfonsojose
04-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Oli :drool:

Chocobo
04-25-2006, 05:28 PM

But Belgian TV stations already show A LOT of tennis, don't they?!! I've always been jealous of belgian people for being able to watch so many great tennis on public television... :confused: Especially, Slams (even Roland-Garros!) are really better covered than on French public TV

Maybe it's just french-speaking channels and not flemish, though, i don't know...

Anyway, congrats to the belgian boys! :)

JMG
04-25-2006, 05:34 PM
C.Rochus shouldn't stay so long in the top 50.

Allez-H˛
04-25-2006, 10:55 PM
But Belgian TV stations already show A LOT of tennis, don't they?!! I've always been jealous of belgian people for being able to watch so many great tennis on public television... :confused: Especially, Slams (even Roland-Garros!) are really better covered than on French public TV

Maybe it's just french-speaking channels and not flemish, though, i don't know...

Anyway, congrats to the belgian boys! :)

Well, we get to see each final (and even semi-final sometimes) of Kim or Justine no matter what the tourney is. Sometimes we get to see womensfinals where both girls aren't represented but the Belgian tv already had bought the rights hoping that one of them would be in it.

Then we got the Slams. Excellent coverage I must say. We get to see all the matches of the Belgians (if the court is being televised that is). For Slams like RG, Wimbledon and USO in lesser extent, we also get to see the big players from a certian hour to a certain hour (that is if no Belgians are playing at the same moment). Certainly RG and Wimbledon are covered extremely well for the whole two weeks. For the AO we get to see the girls live (at any hour, any round they'll show them), the guys too if they are playing on a showcourt. And we usually get to see the eveningmatches of any big player at any round. The semis and finals are televised live, no matter who's in it.

Fedcup and Daviscup is always televised. But we neevr get to see the guys play besides the Daviscup or the Slams. Even if they play the final of tournament, it will not be televised on tv. Which is unfair, because we pretty much get to see Kim and Justine all the time, and when Vliegen/Ollie/Xav/Chris finally make it to a final it will only get attention on the news but never will it be shown live.