Does Federer FEAR Nadal? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Does Federer FEAR Nadal?

vogus
04-23-2006, 05:21 PM
watching Feds play Rafa, he just seems like he is afraid to play his own game, which is something you never see from him against anyone else. I saw it last year in the French semifinal and i saw it again today.

Wannabeknowitall
04-23-2006, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't particularly say he fears Nadal.
Nadal just doesn't allow many players to play their games against him which is the most frustrating part.
Federer would probably prefer not to hit as many slices against Nadal but he has no choice.
Federer would probably prefer to come in as many times as he can against Nadal but he has no choice.
Nadal might not get you on the first pass attempt but he has so much spin on his shot that most players volleys sit up for an easy second pass attempt.
Federer really just doesn't have the game that takes away time from Nadal which is his biggest weakness.
Nadal's game might depend on how fast the surface is which is probably what Federer was really mentioning when he called him one-dimensional but that one-dimensional game of Nadal's has no weakness that Federer can really crack with his game.
Federer is likely just perplexed about Nadal if anything.
I wouldn't go as far as feared.

Sjengster
04-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Being afraid to play your game is not the same as not being allowed to play your game. All this "mental block" BS is irrelevant, you try staying mentally tough when you're hitting backhands above your shoulder miles behind the baseline in 25-shot rallies for three and a half hours on clay. The ball is not in Federer's strike zone, therefore he cannot hit the shots he would against any other player.

Lala186
04-23-2006, 05:44 PM
OHH MAY BE I THINK THAT ROGER WONT SLEEP AT NIGHT, CAUSE HE THINKS THAT NADAL COULD BEAT HIM IN WIMBLEDON JAJAJAA

ugotlobbed
04-23-2006, 05:45 PM
u mean does federer fear this ?
http://img.menstennisforums.com/mtf/customavatars/avatar13123_1.gif

NATAS81
04-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Oh snap.

I thought that was Nadal on top of Federer, because he owns him so bad.

:haha:

ugotlobbed
04-23-2006, 05:58 PM
haha i couldnt stop rofling when i saw this whoever took this pic is a genius

scarecrows
04-23-2006, 06:06 PM
the problem now is that Nadal is 4-1 up in head to heads and Federer it's not used to that

I think he is always afraid of Nadal , he was surprisingly even in Dubai

it's the same like it happened with Nabandian a couple of years ago. Federer could crush almost everyone but with Nalbandian was having a tough time only because he had beaten Fed more time than Fed had.

but, I think Federer will beat Nadal this year on clay

you heard it first

idolwatcher1
04-23-2006, 06:43 PM
I don't think Fed particularly "fears" Nadal... He may fear that he can't play his best tennis against him (especially on clay), but I don't think, mentally, Federer is thrown off by Nadal just being on the other side of the court from him... no. I think Fed probably tried to alter the way he plays his game against Nadal to see if he would get better results that way, and yet, at the same time, he was probably being thrown off just from what Nadal was giving him today... it'll happen :shrug:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-23-2006, 06:47 PM
:lol: He doesn't fear him, he's being arrogant and getting kicked his ass.:)

Jenrios
04-23-2006, 06:49 PM
I don't think Fed fears Nadal -I think Nadal frustrates him, and part of the frustration is Nadal's awesome power - but I think Fed will find it a challenge he wants to meet.

BelgianWaffle
04-23-2006, 06:49 PM
OHH MAY BE I THINK THAT ROGER WONT SLEEP AT NIGHT, CAUSE HE THINKS THAT NADAL COULD BEAT HIM IN WIMBLEDON JAJAJAA
Sweetheart, you see that little key on the left of the keyboard that says "Caps Lock"?
Be so kind to press that one time, please.
Thanks.

Lala186
04-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Sweetheart, you see that little key on the left of the keyboard that says "Caps Lock"?
Be so kind to press that one time, please.
Thanks.
OHHHH REALLY??? :D

Billabong
04-23-2006, 07:00 PM
:lol: He doesn't fear him, he's being arrogant and getting kicked his ass.:)

Lorenzo I remember when your nickname was "FedererExpress", why did you become such a Fed hater now??

BelgianWaffle
04-23-2006, 07:11 PM
OHHHH REALLY??? :D
It's common knowledge amongst messageboard users that it's not polite to type in capital letters. Plus it's difficult to read and just plain annoying.
So if you would please hit that button...?
:wavey:

Natasc
04-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I would say that is NADAL that DOESNT fears Federer
thast the whole point
thast why he manages to win

mostly every player that faces Rogi, already come in like a loser
but Nadal and Nalbandian (just those 2) have no fears
They come in the court like: "I will bet him"
and the others, at most come in with: "I CAN win this"

so, once that Nadal has no fears for Rogi
thats make him a great oppo for Federer ;)

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Lorenzo I remember when your nickname was "FedererExpress", why did you become such a Fed hater now??
Well, I was a blind person. I was just supporting the best because I didn't knew much about other Tennis players. I don't hate him, I just find him an arrogant asshole. :wavey:

Lala186
04-23-2006, 07:17 PM
It's common knowledge amongst messageboard users that it's not polite to type in capital letters. Plus it's difficult to read and just plain annoying.
So if you would please hit that button...?
:wavey:

OK, I´M THINKING ABOUT IT SERIOUSLY

ok i gonna be polite

BelgianWaffle
04-23-2006, 07:19 PM
ok i gonna be polite
Thanks! :D
My god. A reasonable person on MTF! :p

tangerine_dream
04-23-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't think "fear" is the right word but Rafa has definitely gotten inside Roger's head.