A disastrous clay season start for Federer [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

A disastrous clay season start for Federer

kapranos
04-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Loses a set to a nobody qualifier, gets humiliated in the final by a superior player... It looks like Federer' strategy to win the French Open will have to include prayers.

ugotlobbed
04-23-2006, 05:16 PM
idk i guess maybe what richard did at mc last year against nadal almost wokred, a lil volleying never hurt noone, i played on clay and i believe u can win volleying

*Ljubica*
04-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Loses a set to a nobody qualifier, gets humiliated in the final by a superior player... It looks like Federer' strategy to win the French Open will have to include prayers.
:p Since when was reaching a Masters' Series Final deemed to be "disastrous", and losing a tight match in 4 sets (with two tie-breakers) called "humiliation". What a very strange post this is :confused:

Flibbertigibbet
04-23-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm irritated, but I can't understand how you can call this disastrous. He reached the final in a tournament that is usually the best preparation for RG, gained even more points (as if he needed a greater lead over everybody else), played some great tennis (beating some solid players), and at the very least, fought a bit against the best clay court player. It might not have ended the way Federer fans would have liked, but objectively speaking, it's quite a good start for Roger.

idk i guess maybe what richard did at mc last year against nadal almost wokred, a lil volleying never hurt noone, i played on clay and i believe u can win volleying

I did like a lot of his volleys today, though (surprisingly enough, they impressed me more than his back court game, at least relatively speaking - considering that his ground strokes are better than his volleys). Maybe serving and volleying could help him, but if he tries that, he has to get his first serves in and place them well. And if he's trying to work his way into the net, he has to get good approach shots going or else he'll be passed easily. But he did do this pretty well today, and it was fun to see Nadal making him hit more shots - got some good quality points there.

Mrs. B
04-23-2006, 05:22 PM
:p Since when was reaching a Masters' Series Final deemed to be "disastrous", and losing a tight match in 4 sets (with two tie-breakers) called "humiliation". What a very strange post this is :confused:

i wondered about this too. :scratch:

ServeAlready81
04-23-2006, 05:23 PM
It's actually an improvement, considering Federer has never gotten past the quaters of Monte Carlo. I think Fed will dominate clay in a couple years time, he's gotten so much better over the last few years.

Foot_Fault
04-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Just how is losing in a Final of a MASTERS to the reigning FO Champion Disastrous?

savesthedizzle
04-23-2006, 05:28 PM
He got farther in this tournament than he ever has before, and lost to the only player you could really call his rival. I'd say this is a great start for his clay season. :shrug:

*Ljubica*
04-23-2006, 05:30 PM
i wondered about this too. :scratch:
Eva :wavey: I missed you - haven't seen you around here much recently - hope you are well :hug:

Langers
04-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Federer played brilliant today, and is definately in with a shot at the French. I have no idea what the point of this thread is. Anyway good luck Roger.

Mrs. B
04-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Eva :wavey: I missed you - haven't seen you around here much recently - hope you are well :hug:

i'm good, Rosie, just been very busy with work, and life in general. are you going again to Roland Garros this year? i can't. :(

missed you too, sweetie. :hug:

Lala186
04-23-2006, 05:32 PM
AN STUPID TOPIC

FEDERER PLAYED FANTASTIC TODAY

HE WILL WIN RG, I BET IT

star
04-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Hey!

Getting to the final and being beaten by Nadal is not a disaster for anyone, including the FedererGod.

I'd say Federer has had a great start to his clay season. He's lost a lot earlier before at Monte Carlo.

NATAS81
04-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Losing to the best clay player in a final fourth set TB isn't exactly disastrous. I look forward to Hamburg and many close matches between them in the future.

Peoples
04-23-2006, 05:37 PM
It's provocation. Don't reply "it's not a disastrous start" to this person, that's what he expects. Just forget about it.

stebs
04-23-2006, 05:38 PM
On the contrary, it was a fantastic start to the clay season.

NYCtennisfan
04-23-2006, 05:38 PM
I think you should not be allowed to start threads on MTF if you were dropped on your head as a baby. Multiple times at that.

savesthedizzle
04-23-2006, 05:39 PM
I think you should not be allowed to start threads on MTF if you were dropped on your head as a baby. Multiple times at that.

:rolls:

celia
04-23-2006, 05:39 PM
what a histronic title! :eek:

i'd kill for this kind of disaster. or at least maim. :o

Deboogle!.
04-23-2006, 05:40 PM
:p Since when was reaching a Masters' Series Final deemed to be "disastrous", and losing a tight match in 4 sets (with two tie-breakers) called "humiliation". What a very strange post this is :confused:Welcome to MTF and especially the world of the Fedtards :rolls: :p

*Ljubica*
04-23-2006, 05:41 PM
i'm good, Rosie, just been very busy with work, and life in general. are you going again to Roland Garros this year? i can't. :(

missed you too, sweetie. :hug:
Yes I am - planning to meet up with Maratski again and several other people here. Will miss you this year :sad:

*Ljubica*
04-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Welcome to MTF and especially the world of the Fedtards :rolls: :p
:haha: Yes - sadly when I haven't visited GM for a few days I start to forget what it's really like here!!!!! Maybe time for me to :bolt: back to Player Forums and saner areas - it's quite scary here :unsure:

NYCtennisfan
04-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Welcome to MTF and especially the world of the Fedtards

Deb, the thread starter is a Fed hating troll. :)

rofe
04-23-2006, 05:45 PM

The thread starter is a Fedtard? Have you not perused his intelligent threads on MTF? :confused:

revolution
04-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Novak Djokovic a nobody qualifier :lol:

The Fedtards have such wise brains.

Deboogle!.
04-23-2006, 05:47 PM
AH well even better then :rolls: Funny how those who hate and those who so mindlessly expect perfection can sometimes look the same ;)

*Ljubica*
04-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Novak Djokovic a nobody qualifier :lol:

The Fedtards have such wise brains.
Are you sure they have brains at all? :angel:

mangoes
04-23-2006, 05:49 PM
He made the final for the first time. He played two tie breaks in the match against the best clay courter................This isn't the worst start to the clay season. If anything, this is his best start to a clay season.........

cobalt60
04-23-2006, 05:50 PM
I think we all need to just throw our heads back and laugh.

jenanun
04-23-2006, 05:54 PM
federer has done a really good job today, managed to take a set from nadal, and almost won the 2nd tie break..... it was pretty close, but not good enough,

coz

NADAL IS THE KING OF CLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VAMOS RAFA!

stebs
04-23-2006, 05:56 PM
The thread starter is a Fedtard? Have you not perused his intelligent threads on MTF? :confused:
There is Kapranos and Kajones. I forget which one is a Fed lover and which a Fed hater. Rather confusing.

Rogiman
04-23-2006, 05:57 PM
:lol: Kapranos I love your threads

What a great start to the clay season, the best he's ever played on the stuff! :yeah:

betterthanhenman
04-23-2006, 06:01 PM

:rolleyes:

kapranos
04-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Fed made the final but he didn't beat any special player on the way. The first real test and he collapses like a balloon lacking helium. I felt fear today. Disastrous indeed.

Billabong
04-23-2006, 06:06 PM
It's provocation. Don't reply "it's not a disastrous start" to this person, that's what he expects. Just forget about it.

I think you're right;)

World Beater
04-23-2006, 06:09 PM

the person who started the thread isnt a federer fan even though fed is in his/her avatar

World Beater
04-23-2006, 06:11 PM
There is Kapranos and Kajones. I forget which one is a Fed lover and which a Fed hater. Rather confusing.

one loves womens tennis more than men, and the other is just a troll

Hank777
04-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Default Re: A disastrous clay season start for Federer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapranos

Since when was reaching a Masters' Series Final deemed to be "disastrous", and losing a tight match in 4 sets (with two tie-breakers) called "humiliation". What a very strange post this is Could not have said it better myself, wow must be a FEDERER fans :rolleyes: ...

I was happy for NADAL, and just for the record; objectively, FEDERER played just fine ... he got to the Finals in a breeze ... so it prooves he's a pretty complete player, don't know bout his attitude though ... did he get boooeed :eek:

Yappa
04-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Its clear that the thread starter is a federer hater and a troll.

Allez
04-23-2006, 06:40 PM
For anyone else, losing to Nadal in a final would be "fantastic". I'm not so sure Roger thinks it's "fantastic" losing to Nadal for the 3rd straight match. He must wonder how he is going to turn things around between now an Paris. "Disastrous" might be a bit harsh, but there is a tiny element of truth in it. Roger is not happy just reaching finals and being Nadal's plaything. I don't see why any fan of Rogers should be either...unless they are closet Rafa fans.

Jenrios
04-23-2006, 06:41 PM
since when is Noval Djorkovic a 'nobody'???? This is Rog's first outing on clay - it's a good start for him!

Dirk
04-23-2006, 06:42 PM
AH well even better then :rolls: Funny how those who hate and those who so mindlessly expect perfection can sometimes look the same ;)

Then take a look in the mirror honey because you hate Roger for ruining Andy's career and you expect perfection from Andy who is a limited player falling down the rankings.

BelgianWaffle
04-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Just how is losing in a Final of a MASTERS to the reigning FO Champion Disastrous?
Exactly.
The pressure that is put on that guy is insane. His fans demand so much (too much). Some of them would only be happy if he played all year without losing a match.
Count your blessings instead of critisizing the guy and enjoy it while it lasts.

As a safin fan I find all this highly insulting :p

Saumon
04-23-2006, 06:55 PM
since when is Noval Djorkovic a 'nobody'????
Nole rules!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Allez
04-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Exactly.
The pressure that is put on that guy is insane. His fans demand so much (too much). Some of them would only be happy if he played all year without losing a match.
Count your blessings instead of critisizing the guy and enjoy it while it lasts.

As a safin fan I find all this highly insulting :p

OK, like I'm sorry I didn't know that we should start celebrating losses. Did you celebrate when Marat lost to Paulo ? No ? Then why should this loss be a cause for celebration amongst Fed fans ? This is a disappointing loss and fans are merely expressing their disappointment. There's nothing positive about this loss...unless you're Tim Henman.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Then take a look in the mirror honey because you hate Roger for ruining Andy's career and you expect perfection from Andy who is a limited player falling down the rankings.

why the heck do find it so necessary to bash andy anytime. :rolleyes:

poor guy cant even get a set off federer. thats enough punishment for him and his fans. Federer fans do not need to gloat.

Dont portray us to be like some of the idiot nadal fans in the other thread.

BelgianWaffle
04-23-2006, 07:05 PM
OK, like I'm sorry I didn't know that we should start celebrating losses. Did you celebrate when Marat lost to Paulo ? No ? Then why should this loss be a cause for celebration amongst Fed fans ? This is a disappointing loss and fans are merely expressing their disappointment. There's nothing positive about this loss...unless you're Tim Henman.
Really? Reading all the threads you'd think it was the end of the world. :rolleyes:
I can understand from a fan's view this is disappointing. Especially because he lost to Nadal again and you want him to do well during the clay season because let's face it: his next big mission is winning the French Open.

The thing is that Fed fans have become so used to him winning all the time that they overreact when he loses. Threads are popping up everywhere. Relax: he didn't do that bad and when all is done he'll still be the greatest there ever lived. :rolleyes:

Dirk
04-23-2006, 07:12 PM

poor guy cant even get a set off federer. thats enough punishment for him and his fans. Federer fans do not need to gloat.

Just pointing out some hypocrisy that is all.

mangoes
04-23-2006, 07:21 PM

Not every Fed fan is incapable of finding something positive from this loss...........

mangoes
04-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Just pointing out some hypocrisy that is all.

I am sort of shocked at how many Andy fans are coming out of the wood to bash Roger.........

star
04-23-2006, 07:23 PM

That will be a step upward.

Rafa = Fed Killa
04-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Idiot Nadal fans?

Why because we are the only fans brave enough to stand up to the arrogant Fedtards, just like Nadal stands up to Fed.

Other players and fans should realize that Fed is human, believe you can beat him and you might. Don't beat yourself.

ChloeLove
04-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Haha. This thread is a joke. If you think RU to Rafael Nadal on clay is disastrous, then you clearly don't know anything about tennis, or Roger for that matter. Finals is further than he got last year, be happy. He's made an improvement.

mangoes
04-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Idiot Nadal fans?

Why because we are the only fans brave enough to stand up to the arrogant Fedtards, just like Nadal stands up to Fed.

Other players and fans should realize that Fed is human, believe you can beat him and you might. Don't beat yourself.

Oh be quiet............ You're not a fan of Nadal, you're a Nadal Troll....

tangerine_dream
04-23-2006, 07:36 PM
kapranos, you're strange.

Anyway, I think we all realize that this loss to Nadal is hardly indicative of a "disastrous start" to the clay season. If anything, it bodes well for Roger because he at least made it to the final. No shame in losing to the reigning RG/claygod champion.

Allez, don't be too upset. Every time Roger has lost, he has recovered nicely and gone on another 20+ match streak win. :lol: I expect Roger to at least make it to the SF's again at the French Open again this year.

Natasc
04-23-2006, 07:45 PM
he lost in clay, which is not his best surface
for THE BEST caly player

cant see a problem losing for the best...

almouchie
04-23-2006, 08:27 PM
for a federer fan to say this
its bewildering

Allez
04-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Haha. This thread is a joke. If you think RU to Rafael Nadal on clay is disastrous, then you clearly don't know anything about tennis, or Roger for that matter. Finals is further than he got last year, be happy. He's made an improvement.

OK, let me get this straight, we should be happy just because he did better than last year ? Next year if he reaches the finals and gets bagelled in the 5th set, we should be happy because he will have taken Nadal to 5 sets :rolleyes: . The following year if he loses 6-3, again we should be happy :rolleyes: . Please that is rubbish. Why would you be happy if a player you enjoy watching continues to be owned and their prospects of ever winning a grand slam continue to diminish with each loss :eek: ? Great champions settle for nothing less than victory :angel: . Federer is not just losing to this guy on clay, but on hard courts too :eek: :eek: :eek: .

jacobhiggins
04-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Idiot Nadal fans?

No offense, but your one of the biggest fanboys on here!

Leo
04-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Absolute disaster. Horrendous. A shame and a disgrace. The downfall begins here -we might even see a first round loss at Wimbledon from Roger.

Rafa = Fed Killa
04-24-2006, 12:55 AM
No offense, but your one of the biggest fanboys on here!

None taken. As I love Nadal's game and heart.

Oh be quiet............ You're not a fan of Nadal, you're a Nadal Troll....

I am a troll?? Just because I rip on Fedtards. When Federer fans rip on other players are they not trolls.

I am fighting for the oppressed minority
(ie. every ATP player except Fed). :D

kapranos
04-24-2006, 12:57 AM
5 pages? There must be some truth to my words, otherwise people wouldn't react so strongly.

Skyward
04-24-2006, 01:12 AM
5 pages? There must be some truth to my words, otherwise people wouldn't react so strongly.

:lol:

Of course, there is. Fish has already got a clay court title under his belt and Federer is still empty handed...

ChloeLove
04-24-2006, 01:20 AM
OK, let me get this straight, we should be happy just because he did better than last year ? Next year if he reaches the finals and gets bagelled in the 5th set, we should be happy because he will have taken Nadal to 5 sets :rolleyes: . The following year if he loses 6-3, again we should be happy :rolleyes: . Please that is rubbish. Why would you be happy if a player you enjoy watching continues to be owned and their prospects of ever winning a grand slam continue to diminish with each loss :eek: ? Great champions settle for nothing less than victory :angel: . Federer is not just losing to this guy on clay, but on hard courts too :eek: :eek: :eek: .
Hm, I think you may be taking his loss a little too hard. You have a point, but I meant we should be happy that Federer is improving on clay, compared to his game last year, it looks a lot better. I think saying that this is a disastrous start, is going too far.

kapranos
04-24-2006, 01:39 AM
:lol:

Of course, there is. Fish has already got a clay court title under his belt and Federer is still empty handed...

Yep, Nadal annihilated Fed's confidence today and threw him in a spiral of fear and anxiety for the weeks to come. Fedfans might try to diminish the loss but the objective mind will see how devastating and catastrophic today's loss is.

ezekiel
04-24-2006, 01:43 AM
Novak Djokovic ain't nobody :retard:
more like a youngest player in top 100 :rolleyes:

its.like.that
04-24-2006, 01:44 AM
Federer played brilliant today, and is definately in with a shot at the French. I have no idea what the point of this thread is. Anyway good luck Roger.

The Crows suck.

:wavey:

Skyward
04-24-2006, 01:48 AM
Yep, Nadal annihilated Fed's confidence today and threw him in a spiral of fear and anxiety for the weeks to come. Fedfans might try to diminish the loss but the objective mind will see how devastating and catastrophic today's loss is.

Yes, he'll be in the qualifying draw next year. Now I should stop filling your pockets with precious vcash.

buddyholly
04-24-2006, 02:22 AM
I know it's a joke thread, but since Rafa only did the same in MC as last year and Fed did much better, this means Fed will actually widen his lead by 150 points in the rankings tomorrow.

Fedex
04-24-2006, 02:26 AM
I woulden't consider this a disastrous clay season for Federer. He played well, got to a Masters final, and lost to Nadal again, as expected. Nadal is just the superior player on clay, so this loss doesn't suprise me one bit.

heya
04-24-2006, 03:24 AM
I've been busy drooling over one-dimensional jerks and idiots. Hopefully, I'll worship multidimensional, ideal, beautiful lover men. Oh well.

Godprint
04-24-2006, 04:07 AM
world peace

both are great players :devil: . why war of words. why not jus drool :worship: over them. :angel:

prima donna
04-24-2006, 04:23 AM
Ah, what a breath of fresh air.

Genius personified.

NEWSFLASH! There's another genius on MTF! NEWSFLASH!

Read all about it.

Well done.

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the laughs.

Pea
04-24-2006, 02:56 PM
I heart you kapranos. Let's bask in Rogelio's glow together.:hearts:

Bagelicious
04-24-2006, 06:20 PM

I hope you don't mean me... I'm a Fed fan, but not a Fedtard by any means - I'm mortified that you mention me in the same sentence as Kapranos. :unsure:

one loves womens tennis more than men, and the other is just a troll

I have been known to defend equal pay for men and women rather vehemently. I'd like to think there's more to me than that! I just defend equal pay, I actually prefer to watch men's tennis.

Anyway, concerning the topic at hand, I'll just reiterate what some people have said:

Roger is not happy just reaching finals and being Nadal's plaything. I don't see why any fan of Rogers should be either...unless they are closet Rafa fans.

I'm not sure why you can't be a fan of both. When the two meet, I'll support Roger (esp with that h2h), but I like having Nadal around. I think it's good for Roger to have some troublesome competition, it can only help improve his standard of play. And you gotta have respect for Rafa.

:wavey:

LCeh
04-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Once again, well done, Kapranos. You got what you wanted. :lol: