Mind games by Rafa [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mind games by Rafa

oneandonlyhsn
04-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Fed seems to be getting into a groove, Rafa calls for a trainer. Last year same thing happened against Montreal in Cincy. I used to admire his tenacity but it left a bad taste in my mouth. It doesnt seem like coincidence to me, oh and I know the Rafadorks will kill me but I think its bad gamesmanship

bandabou
04-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Tjaa...seems like it worked.

Rafa = Fed Killa
04-23-2006, 02:49 PM
:awww:

:bigcry:

:crying2:

:hysteric:

Using gamesmanship like Fed with his insult. :devil:

oneandonlyhsn
04-23-2006, 02:53 PM
:awww:

:bigcry:

:crying2:

:hysteric:

Using gamesmanship like Fed with his insult. :devil:

Rafadorks :D

mallorn
04-23-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm not watching it, so it's difficult to say. All I know is that he's had blisters on his left hand since IW.

Rafadork :wavey:

oneandonlyhsn
04-23-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm not watching it, so it's difficult to say. All I know is that he's had blisters on his left hand since IW.

Rafadork :wavey:

:wavey:

God I'm bored

mallorn
04-23-2006, 02:56 PM
:wavey:

God I'm bored
Why? :confused:

oneandonlyhsn
04-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Why? :confused:

Because its 9 in the morning on a Sunday I just woke up to follow the match via SB. Really I could be going for breakfast instead

mallorn
04-23-2006, 02:59 PM
It's a fascinating SB though. :lol:

oneandonlyhsn
04-23-2006, 03:01 PM
It's a fascinating SB though. :lol:

:hearts: I know I just want to do crazy things to it :devil:

mallorn
04-23-2006, 03:03 PM
In my case, it's doing things to me...like giving me heart attacks. :lol:

bandabou
04-23-2006, 03:10 PM
What's gonna happen next...another late in a set situation.

oneandonlyhsn
04-23-2006, 03:16 PM
I think you have the wrong one let me find the link this one will do wonders for your soul like this http://www.sosnovska-symposium.com/smilies/snog.gif

I♥PsY@Mus!c
04-23-2006, 03:17 PM
When did Nadal take time-out?
I know what you mean.In fact he takes time-out quite much.

bandabou
04-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Roger, Roger, Roger....good bye.

mallorn
04-23-2006, 03:28 PM
I think you have the wrong one let me find the link this one will do wonders for your soul like this http://www.sosnovska-symposium.com/smilies/snog.gif
:haha: I definitely have the wrong one!

oneandonlyhsn
04-23-2006, 03:35 PM
:haha: I definitely have the wrong one!

I am off for breakfast sugarlips, my duties to my stomach await :wavey: :kiss:

mallorn
04-23-2006, 03:47 PM
I am off for breakfast sugarlips, my duties to my stomach await :wavey: :kiss:
Bon appetite! :kiss: :wavey:

tangerine_dream
04-23-2006, 03:50 PM
How can you eat at a time like this?

OddJob
04-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Didn't Jesus Fed call the trainer for his stinky feet? Bad Jesus Fed playing mind games with Rafa! :p

ChloeLove
04-23-2006, 04:01 PM
How can you eat at a time like this?
I'm with you on that, i'm sitting here clicking the scoreboard. Can't do anything until this match is over.

nkhera1
04-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Well if Fed is good enough to beat Nadal I don't think a thing like a injury timeout should mess him up.

stebs
04-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Well if Fed is good enough to beat Nadal I don't think a thing like a injury timeout should mess him up.
Federer had just come back from 3-5 down and won the tie break, just broken Rafa and was playing the best tennis he played in the match, Rafa goes for a toilet break...

...Rejoin the match and it is 3-0 in the fourth for Nadal, he has won 9 of the last 11 games after his toilet break and looks like he is cruising to victory.

What happened next doesn't matter but I think using an injury timeout as a way to halt your opponents momentum is out of line.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Fedarseclowns still searching excuses?:haha::D

shotgun
04-23-2006, 05:08 PM
It always happened in tennis and always will, deal with it.

almouchie
04-23-2006, 05:10 PM
well u can still go for breakfast HSN

timeouts are allowed
& player can take them when they want
if sportsmanship is going into play
then they wouldnt have allowed them
why are too many people so critical of Nadal
I dont recall he started the bashing first
Federer with his 1 dimensional comment, cannt be expected to gain approvers with his talk

bad gambler
04-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Fed was 40-15 after the resumption of play, he has only himself to blame

next

amierin
04-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Who said who was one dimensional? I don't recall the Mallorcan player making that statement.

stebs
04-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Nadal deserved his victory 100%, he is a fantastic player on all surfaces and the best in the world by some margin on clay. He outplayed Roger Federer for large portions of the match and won by a desicive margin.

I admit all these things because they are true. Still, what Nadal did was not proffesional in my opinion.

tangerine_dream
04-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Thank god this match is over, now I can eat something. :lol:

mallorn
04-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Fed was 40-15 after the resumption of play, he has only himself to blame

next
:yeah:

Clara Bow
04-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Maybe I am alone here- but I noticed Nadal shaking his hand for about the last five games before he called the injury timeout. His blisters seemed to be bugging him for a while. Perhaps he could have called for an ito between sets, but I thought one was coming. Not because of gamesmanship- but because his hand seemed to be bugging him.

Deboogle!.
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Rafa did nothing any other player wouldn't do. As the commentators said, it's the rules that need to be examined - can't fault the players for taking advantage of them.

J. Corwin
04-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Didn't Rafa say that he always sends Roger SMS messages after his (Roger's) great wins?

Rafa probably sent one to Roger after this one:

"Hey Rogelio! You lose again? No?"

:lol:

J. Corwin
04-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Anyway Roger is #1 in the world and it is only his fault if he let's a timeout like that distract him enough to change the outcome of the match, which I doubt it did. :)

nobama
04-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Didn't Rafa say that he always sends Roger SMS messages after his (Roger's) great wins?

:lol:When Andy isn't #2 seed at Wimbledon you'll be wishing Roger won some of these encounters. The way it played out today no one gained on Rafa except Roger. :lol:

star
04-23-2006, 08:20 PM
When Andy isn't #2 seed at Wimbledon you'll be wishing Roger won some of these encounters. The way it played out today no one gained on Rafa except Roger. :lol:

I suppose this post makes sense in the confines your padded room.

star
04-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Maybe I am alone here- but I noticed Nadal shaking his hand for about the last five games before he called the injury timeout. His blisters seemed to be bugging him for a while. Perhaps he could have called for an ito between sets, but I thought one was coming. Not because of gamesmanship- but because his hand seemed to be bugging him.

Yes. Odd concept. Somebody calls for the trainer because he has something that needs treatment.

J. Corwin
04-23-2006, 08:23 PM
When Andy isn't #2 seed at Wimbledon you'll be wishing Roger won some of these encounters. The way it played out today no one gained on Rafa except Roger. :lol:

Thanks you, Miss Cleo. :hearts:

How much for your services? :)

World Beater
04-23-2006, 08:25 PM

this isnt the first time i have seen nadal trying to hold up play for whatever reason. ;)

But the bottom line is that federer is #1, he should deal with it whatever nadal's intentions are.

Carito_90
04-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Fed seems to be getting into a groove, Rafa calls for a trainer. Last year same thing happened against Montreal in Cincy. I used to admire his tenacity but it left a bad taste in my mouth. It doesnt seem like coincidence to me, oh and I know the Rafadorks will kill me but I think its bad gamesmanship

I wonder if Roger was already getting into the groove even before the match started when Rafa called the trainer for the blisters and to tape them. :scratch:

Rafa called the trainer twice, one at he very beginning, right after they finished warming up. Then in the third set when Roger broke his serve in the opening game he went straight to his seat and asked for trainer. It's understandable, he'd have had to wait two other games if he didn't do it. He had blisters and you could see them. He also seemed very anxious to get into play as fast as posible, shaking his hand to get the liquid he put in his hand to dry faster, one of his feet bouncing in place, he looked in a rush.

Roger also asked for a timeout to loosen the tape on his feet.

I honestly didn't see any changes in any of both players' attitude after each timeout.

:lol: :lol:

World Beater
04-23-2006, 08:32 PM
;) Yes. Odd concept. Somebody calls for the trainer because he has something that needs treatment.

would you like another one :

taking a break conveniently when you are losing.

i dont understand why you are so bitter? In the end nadal won, no? ;)

roger says a few not so tactful things because he is disappointed about his performance, and your skirt is in a twist. Yes indeed roger has no class and is thoroughly mean-spirited.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 08:32 PM

:haha:

star
04-23-2006, 08:38 PM
;)

would you like another one :

taking a break conveniently when you are losing.

i dont understand why you are so bitter? In the end nadal won, no? ;)

roger says a few not so tactful things because he is disappointed about his performance, and your skirt is in a twist. Yes indeed roger has no class and is thoroughly mean-spirited.

I think you meant panties in a twist.

Did you read Carito's post? Yeah. Nadal called for a trainer because he had something that needed to be treated.

Was Federer's call for the trainer also gamesmanship?

I don't understand why you are so bitter? Your guy is number one in the world and gobs and gobs ahead of anyone else.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 08:42 PM

Did you read Carito's post? Yeah. Nadal called for a trainer because he had something that needed to be treated.

I don't understand why you are so bitter? Your guy is number one in the world and gobs and gobs ahead of anyone else.

no i meant what i said. it has nothing to do with being bitter.

please by all means take as many swipes at federer as you want, but i thought that a lot of the criticism his fans take was a bit much this time.

most of his fans were very gracious and many of us predicted a nadal victory. please visit the match thread and you will only see idiot nadal fans gloating all the time.

Federer was :silly: for what he said. But his fans dont deserve part of whatever pies people are throwing at roger.

Carito_90
04-23-2006, 08:44 PM

Yeah, thank god Feds fans have to this very few times a year... if I had to get all defensive and coming up with excuses each time Andy lost... damn, I don't think I'd have enough time. :lol:

I just thought no one had said that Roger had also called a trainer. I was right. They're even, really. :shrug:

star
04-23-2006, 09:02 PM
no i meant what i said. it has nothing to do with being bitter.

please by all means take as many swipes at federer as you want, but i thought that a lot of the criticism his fans take was a bit much this time.

most of his fans were very gracious and many of us predicted a nadal victory. please visit the match thread and you will only see idiot nadal fans gloating all the time.

Federer was :silly: for what he said. But his fans dont deserve part of whatever pies people are throwing at roger.

I have taken very few swipes at Federer and said throughout the match that Federer was fighting hard and it was not a done deal that Nadal would beat him.

I do think that many of Federer's fans were gracious this time, but it's not so strange that people don't forget all the insults Federer fans have given to Nadal and to many other players as well. I like some Federer fans, and even admire some of them, but hardly any of them spoke up when Nadal was being called names.

To me, Federer fans get the pies because they have held up Federer to be a saint who never ever puts a foot wrong and have denigrated other players because they have done so.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 09:08 PM
I have taken very few swipes at Federer and said throughout the match that Federer was fighting hard and it was not a done deal that Nadal would beat him.

I do think that many of Federer's fans were gracious this time, but it's not so strange that people don't forget all the insults Federer fans have given to Nadal and to many other players as well. I like some Federer fans, and even admire some of them, but hardly any of them spoke up when Nadal was being called names.

To me, Federer fans get the pies because they have held up Federer to be a saint who never ever puts a foot wrong and have denigrated other players because they have done so.

The bolded statement is not necc true. Quite a few of the fans do not use the term piggy. I have never used it, neither has stebs,mirkaland or any of the others.

Only rogiman and rone as far as i can tell.

the last statement is not true at all. The thread mirkaland started is more than enough proof.

every fan base will have its fanatics who will never think rationally.

Unfortunately, i feel that you are being unfair to the federer fans, wherein the nadal fans have dished their fair share of abuse this time.

star
04-23-2006, 09:15 PM
It's different to say that you have never used it than to say you have spoken out against it. And, no, more than only Rogiman and RonE have usesd it.

The last statement (in my previous post) is so very very true.

I understand you think I am being ufair, but I think that you don't really see what Federer fans do or say. To me, you are like Stebs in that.

Maybe you havent' seen all the nasty things Federer fans have done and said over the years -- even in other players forums!! -- But I have. So I will give you the credit for having another experience with Federer fans, but please give me the credit for having had my experiences.

nobama
04-23-2006, 09:18 PM
To me, Federer fans get the pies because they have held up Federer to be a saint who never ever puts a foot wrong and have denigrated other players because they have done so.Um, can't let you get away with that one. I actually started the "one dimensional" thread which not to many in the Fed forum were pleased about. And you'll see from posts in that forum I was none to pleased about Roger's DC comments either. Please don't generalize. And what you say about Fed fans could easily be said about any other players fans. Honestly I think some Nadal fans are much more sensitive and touchy than Fed fans. That's why they keep banging on about 'proper credit' or Fed fans just 'making excuses' or any hard court Rafa wins on being 'blue clay'.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 09:23 PM
It's different to say that you have never used it than to say you have spoken out against it. And, no, more than only Rogiman and RonE have usesd it.

I understand you think I am being ufair, but I think that you don't really see what Federer fans do or say. To me, you are like Stebs in that.

Maybe you havent' seen all the nasty things Federer fans have done and said over the years -- even in other players forums!! -- But I have. So I will give you the credit for having another experience with Federer fans, but please give me the credit for having had my experiences.

dirk says a lot of nasty crap about roddick and i do call him out when i can.

but you understand i cant come to the rescue every time a federer fan strays out of line.

also i feel it is different, if deep in the federer forum, someone is making a nasty remark about player X than coming into GM and telling people openly about their disdain for a particular player.

i understand where you are coming from, but then again i also think that sometimes the reverse is true.

when nadal fans come to gloat and say things, i dont see you standing up and telling them its not correct.

nobama
04-23-2006, 09:23 PM

Maybe you havent' seen all the nasty things Federer fans have done and said over the years -- even in other players forums!! -- But I have. So I will give you the credit for having another experience with Federer fans, but please give me the credit for having had my experiences.I think you need thicker skin. I'd say it's a minority of fans. And some of the so-called "fedtards" rarely (if ever) post in the Fed forum which makes me think they're here to troll more than anything else. If you think Fed fans are so horrible maybe you need to look back at the 'who has more charisma' thread and some of the posts by so-called "rafatards". Just as nasty in my opinion and quite obvious that they're just looking to pick a fight.

star
04-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Um, can't let you get away with that one. I actually started the "one dimensional" thread which not to many in the Fed forum were pleased about. And you'll see from posts in that forum I was none to pleased about Roger's DC comments either. Please don't generalize. And what you say about Fed fans could easily be said about any other players fans. Honestly I think some Nadal fans are much more sensitive and touchy than Fed fans. That's why they keep banging on about 'proper credit' or Fed fans just 'making excuses' or any hard court Rafa wins on being 'blue clay'.

Excuse me. I think even you can understand that I didn't say ALL Federer fans have annointed Federer as a saint. I said that it is this holding up Roger as a saint that has led to brickbrats being thrown at his fans. So, if stating the truth is "getting by" with something then I guess I did.

And, honestly, I don't think Nadal fans are more sensitive and touchy than Fed fans, and Fed fans can never know what having Federer being called vile names is like because no other fan base has done that other than Fed fans. So, don't get on your high horse about being sensitive etc. until you have had to endure that. And yeah.. people strike back.

star
04-23-2006, 09:28 PM
I think you need thicker skin. I'd say it's a minority of fans. And some of the so-called "fedtards" rarely (if ever) post in the Fed forum which makes me think they're here to troll more than anything else. If you think Fed fans are so horrible maybe you need to look back at the 'who has more charisma' thread and some of the posts by so-called "rafatards". Just as nasty in my opinion and quite obvious that they're just looking to pick a fight.

I haven't seen the kind of names that Nadal is called, nor the insults about his game.

star
04-23-2006, 09:32 PM
dirk says a lot of nasty crap about roddick and i do call him out when i can.

but you understand i cant come to the rescue every time a federer fan strays out of line.

I'll let you rest your white charger now and then. But, I didn't mean just you.

also i feel it is different, if deep in the federer forum, someone is making a nasty remark about player X than coming into GM and telling people openly about their disdain for a particular player.

I didn't mean that. I rarely read the Federer forum. I'm talkng about Federer fans going into another player's forum to make trouble and say nasty things.

i understand where you are coming from, but then again i also think that sometimes the reverse is true.

when nadal fans come to gloat and say things, i dont see you standing up and telling them its not correct.

If I see them calling Federer a pig, I will. :)
If I think it's funny, I won't.
Sometimes I say something if I'm there at the time, and it's out of line.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 09:39 PM
I haven't seen the kind of names that Nadal is called, nor the insults about his game.

i guess you havent paid any attention to the federer domination threads, or the fact that federer is a robot, or maybe he is a curse to the sport because his tennis is boring and he wins all the time. federer has no heart, he isnt a fighter blah blah...purely subjective what is worse.

i will say since federer has experience so much success, some of his newer fans tend to be more arrogant. But now, its nadal's time.

to me this is no different that nadal's tennis being called boring, or that saying federer has no charisma.

we are literally talking about no more than three posters who have called him piggy.

i can only recall rone and rogiman. rather than say "other people have used it as well", please clearly point out to me where others have said this.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 09:43 PM
I'll let you rest your white charger now and then. But, I didn't mean just you.

I didn't mean that. I rarely read the Federer forum. I'm talkng about Federer fans going into another player's forum to make trouble and say nasty things.

If I see them calling Federer a pig, I will. :)
If I think it's funny, I won't.
Sometimes I say something if I'm there at the time, and it's out of line.

what about federer is an arrogant asshole...not nasty enough for you?

surely you must have heard of claycourtazzz or jogy, or adeegee, ays, kapranos, rafa=fedkilla or deivid repeatedly calling out federer as an "ass"

but anyways. i have nothing against nadal nor his fans nor you.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 09:43 PM
alright clearly, you nor me are the problem...so i will end this here.

nobama
04-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Perfect example just today:

Does anyone think he needs to serve and volley against Nadal?What about Flattening the forehand and backhand?If i was Roger, i would try this, only against Nadal, why not?Reply:
Man, you depressed fucker. Just because Hewitt is done, don't be jealous.:retard:
Yep that's real class. :rolleyes:

star
04-23-2006, 09:47 PM
I think when they say "ass" it is metaphorical. :) And Adeegee is soooooooo funny, and that's one of my exceptions.

Arrogant asshole isn't nice, but really it doesn't measure up to the things that have been said about Nadal and others. Personally, I wouldn't use the word asshole.

And I really haven't seen this repeated calling of Federer an ass.

I think Delvid is very entertaining and quite courageous. I saw him speaking out for Nadal when Nadal was being denigrated by nearly everyone.

Some of those names, I don't recodnize.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 09:49 PM
I think when they say "ass" it is metaphorical. :) And Adeegee is soooooooo funny, and that's one of my exceptions.

Arrogant asshole isn't nice, but really it doesn't measure up to the things that have been said about Nadal and others. Personally, I wouldn't use the word asshole.

I think Delvid is very entertaining and quite courageous. I saw him speaking out for Nadal when Nadal was being denigrated by nearly everyone.

if your sense of humor is adeege and deivid, then i am afraid i dont have too much sympathy for nadal being called a pig, even though its not correct.

what they do isnt gracious, funny or not. you call courage, we dont.

you call piggy nasty, some people think its funny.

Clara Bow
04-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Can I just say...as a fan of both players- that both fans tend to cross the line.

Mean Nadal fans tend to be more gloating about the wins and use words like "own" (which is flat out silly and does not respect Feds), and mean Federer fans tend to assert that Nadal doesn't really have any talent, downplay his wins, and/or snicker that he resembles an animal (regardles of the fact that in some culltures such insults are very, very base).

Both go over the top and can be too mean.

Now- can't we all just shake hands and get along. ;)

World Beater
04-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Can I just say...as a fan of both players- that both fans tend to cross the line.

Mean Nadal fans tend to be more gloating about the wins and use words like "own", and mean Federer fans tend to assert that Nadal doesn't really have any talent, downplay his wins, and/or snicker that he resembles an animal.

unfortunately not everyone is as reasonable as you

star
04-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Perfect example just today:

Reply:

Yep that's real class. :rolleyes:

Again, excuse me. Was the poster formerly known as a Federer fan saying a word about Federer in that post? No, he was not. He was griping at a poster who I think all of use realize is a bit off base wanting Nadal to either burn out or get injured. I can see why you might be glad he's not a Federer fan anymore, but I didn't see you taking umbrage when he was one.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 09:51 PM

i would have thought beast is metaphorical, but i could be wrong.

bad gambler
04-23-2006, 09:52 PM

Mean Nadal fans tend to be more gloating about the wins and use words like "own" (which is flat out silly and does not respect Feds), and mean Federer fans tend to assert that Nadal doesn't really have any talent, downplay his wins, and/or snicker that he resembles an animal (regardles of the fact that in some culltures such insultes are very, very base).

This is MTF - it won't be any other way ;)

star
04-23-2006, 09:54 PM
if your sense of humor is adeege and deivid, then i am afraid i dont have too much sympathy for nadal being called a pig, even though its not correct.

what they do isnt gracious, funny or not. you call courage, we dont.

you call piggy nasty, some people think its funny.

Maybe I haven't read all of Delvid's posts. But, truly, I haven't seen much offensive in the posts I've read. I can't really ever get mad at Adam. It's just not in me. He says over the top things just to get Federer fans going. I wouldn't do that.

But I do like people who stand up to bullies, and I see Delvid as having done that.

star
04-23-2006, 09:55 PM
i would have thought beast is metaphorical, but i could be wrong.

No... if you
say Nadal is "a beast" that is metaphorical, and I would agree with it completely.

To refer to him as "the beast" consitently without using his name at all, is insulting.

I think that's pretty clear.

Rogiman
04-23-2006, 10:08 PM
what about federer is an arrogant asshole...not nasty enough for you?

surely you must have heard of claycourtazzz or jogy, or adeegee, ays, kapranos, rafa=fedkilla or deivid repeatedly calling out federer as an "ass"

but anyways. i have nothing against nadal nor his fans nor you.
Hey, that guy is :cool:

Seriously, he's not a HATA, and he does congratulate Roger for his wins ;)

World Beater
04-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey, that guy is :cool:

Seriously, he's not a HATA, and he does congratulate Roger for his wins ;)

ok. fine :)

but he does gripe about us a lot.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 10:10 PM
No... if you
say Nadal is "a beast" that is metaphorical, and I would agree with it completely.

To refer to him as "the beast" consitently without using his name at all, is insulting.

I think that's pretty clear.

so is it insulting to max mirnyi?

fed's animal name is "cow" now, or rabbit in previous times.

interpret it how you wish

Deboogle!.
04-23-2006, 10:19 PM
so is it insulting to max mirnyi?:spit: :rolls:

Jogy
04-23-2006, 10:42 PM
:haha: :haha: oh this time it was the timeout that was gamemanship by Nadal to make Federer loose? :haha:
great excuse! :)

nobama
04-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Again, excuse me. Was the poster formerly known as a Federer fan saying a word about Federer in that post? No, he was not. He was griping at a poster who I think all of use realize is a bit off base wanting Nadal to either burn out or get injured. I can see why you might be glad he's not a Federer fan anymore, but I didn't see you taking umbrage when he was one.Sorry, I never knew he was one.

Leo
04-23-2006, 10:48 PM
They need to address the rules. Far too many players are using bathroom breaks and injury time-outs to get a little pampered and upset the opponent's momentum, Rafa included.

I think these breaks should only be allowed at the end of sets.

Deboogle!.
04-23-2006, 10:54 PM
They need to address the rules. Far too many players are using bathroom breaks and injury time-outs to get a little pampered and upset the opponent's momentum, Rafa included.

I think these breaks should only be allowed at the end of sets.But what about injuries that actually occur during a match like a twisted ankle that could be wrapped up and allow the player to continue? I think drawing the line would be very difficult

dkw
04-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Quick question... If I call Federer a "wooly mammoth" seeing that he is hairy and has a big schnoz - is that considered metaphorical, mean or just funny as all hell (at least to me anyway)?

nobama
04-23-2006, 11:02 PM
I don't know where you draw the line but maybe you should only be allowed to take an injury time out before your own service game. I don't think it was gamesmanship on Rafa's part today but the player serving shouldn't have to wait 5-10 mins while the other player is getting a rub down or having his finger/feet taped.

Leo
04-23-2006, 11:08 PM
But what about injuries that actually occur during a match like a twisted ankle that could be wrapped up and allow the player to continue? I think drawing the line would be very difficult

It is difficult to draw a line, but I think there should be an attempt to do it, and to define what constitutes an "emergency timeout" and what does not.

Julio1974
04-23-2006, 11:09 PM

I think these breaks should only be allowed at the end of sets.

Wow, it used to be believed that only Coria did these awful things. Glad to know that at least some people seem to be waking up

World Beater
04-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Quick question... If I call Federer a "wooly mammoth" seeing that he is hairy and has a big schnoz - is that considered metaphorical, mean or just funny as all hell (at least to me anyway)?

wouldnt gonzo be a better person to call that. but its not such a bad nick. you wont hear people up in arms about it

World Beater
04-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Sorry, I never knew he was one.

he never was one...he was a hater masquearading under the name federer_express.

star
04-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Wow, it used to be believed that only Coria did these awful things. Glad to know that at least some people seem to be waking up

:lol: :lol:

Rafa = Fed Killa
04-24-2006, 12:23 AM
I am not a Fed HATA
I am a Fedtard HATA :D

Imagining Prima Donna's face when Federer loses is hilarious.
One dimensional tennis > Ballet tennis

Rogiman understands me ;)

Velvetcat
04-26-2006, 02:09 PM
One of the first times I saw Rafa play was in Madrid 2004 vs Spadea. Rafa was behind in the match, Spadea was serving, it's deuce, Rafa calls for the trainer. Again, for something like taping his fingers (can't remember). Thankfully he lost the match.

Back to the MC final, while Rafa's injury timeout right before Fed's service game left a bad taste at the time, because it's not Fed who did it, it doesn't bother me. I think there are two ways to look at it...

As for Fed getting his ankle taped - he got it done at the end of the set. But then again, it wasn't part of his game plan.

Rafa is cunning, & he does employ gamesmanship. Fact. Whether someone sees that as criticism is up to them. As for me, I still love watching the guy play.

With regard to Rafa appearing in a hurry because he was shaking his hands - iodine takes a mere second or two to dry, the shaking isto relieve the sting.