MC: Nadal def Federer 6-2 6-7 6-3 7-6 and lifts the trophy for a second time [Archive] - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MC: Nadal def Federer 6-2 6-7 6-3 7-6 and lifts the trophy for a second time

Pages : 1 2 [3]

star
04-23-2006, 10:08 PM
you asked me why i was upset...

i.e. you were inquiring about my state of mind.

its not important.

but enjoy the spoils of victory. whatever gloating that you feel entitled to.

you still havent answered my question quite conveniently. but maybe you dont have a good answer and thats why

No, I didn't mean that last post, but the post previously. That's the one I didn't understand and the reason why I made my inquiry.

And thanks. I have so few opportunities while you have so many. You really shouldn't begrudge it.

nobama
04-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey, babe. You were the one who said you didn't know how to give him proper credit.

But, I read your posts about how Roger was so nervous that he couldn't play his game. :)I didn't say that. I said it's hard to do because very little is acceptable "proper credit". And you've just proved it here. One can say the better player won today (which I did in my first post on this thread) and also believe that the other was a mental :retard: at times.

nobama
04-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Great post. :)I'll second that. I'm still amazed that Roger, who wasn't serving well, had almost 80 UE's and was only 4/18 on BPs came close to taking this to a 5th set.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 10:11 PM
No, I didn't mean that last post, but the post previously. That's the one I didn't understand and the reason why I made my inquiry.

And thanks. I have so few opportunities while you have so many. You really shouldn't begrudge it.

there is a slight difference. I dont feel the need to dish out abuse when roger wins.

Nadal has been winning a lot as well, so i dont understand why you wouldnt have that many opportunities.

MariaV
04-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Whew...it has been noisy in here. ;)

My thoughts on the match today.

* Nadal finally started to come to form- i.e. more like 2005. He seemed the most comfortable on clay that he has so far this toruney.
* Feds is getting better and better on clay. He is to me the second best player right now by far on this surface. I still think he is the best tennis player overall than Nadal- but I do think Nadal is better on clay. Regardless, Nadal does not "own" Federer and I don't think Rafa thinks he does.
* Feds has a good strategy now with going mid-court and to the net.
* Nadal was much better at being aggresive than he has been earlier in this toruney (outside of his last two sets against Gaudio.)
* Nadal is a fighter- man, he is hard to beat on this surface- refuses to lay over.
* In regards to the infamous injury time out- I don't think it was gamesmanship. His blister seemed to be bugging him for a while, I was frankly waiting for rewrap at any time. One thing I have noticed about Nadal is that he is very internal when he plays. So I think when something bugs him, he will call for a trainer. Granted, sometimes it may not be at the best time for an opponent- but I don't think he does it to effect his opponent. I think it is an internal as opposed to external motivation.
* Nadal is the only player that really makes Feds cry out a lot and even today, make gasping noises when he runs for a shot.
* Even when Feds is yelling out and making noises while running- he does not sweat.
* Both players players played some fantastic points.
* It was a great match.

There has been a lot of squabbling lately between the two camps of fans. To me- in honesty, it can get irritating. But - it is also kind of neat to see- because frankly, this is the first real rivalry that we have seen in tennis for several years. I think it is good for the game.

Great post Clara. I can only add that Nadal volleyed really well today, Rafa's learning abilities are simply amazing. :D
And YES to the rivalry we finally have. :D

star
04-23-2006, 10:20 PM
there is a slight difference. I dont feel the need to dish out abuse when roger wins.

Nadal has been winning a lot as well, so i dont understand why you wouldnt have that many opportunities.

Well, Nadal isn't my top favorite player. My top favorite may never play again. :sad: And the second is struggling and the rest.... oh well. :)

Please, don't confine yourself to dishing out abuse when Roger wins. There are some posters who deserve non-stop abuse. ;)

star
04-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Great post Clara. I can only add that Nadal volleyed really well today, Rafa's learning abilities are simply amazing. :D
And YES to the rivalry we finally have. :D

I'd like that rivalry to get more one sided. :) :) :)

And :bigclap: to hear that Rafael volleyed well today. That is encouraging.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-23-2006, 10:23 PM
That one FH volley was scary.:lol:

Clara Bow
04-23-2006, 10:26 PM
I can only add that Nadal volleyed really well today,

Yes- very true. He does have a surprisingly good touch at times up at net. Good point. :)

Bilbo
04-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Rafa = Fed Killa :eek:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-23-2006, 10:30 PM
I'll second that. I'm still amazed that Roger, who wasn't serving well, had almost 80 UE's and was only 4/18 on BPs came close to taking this to a 5th set.
:retard::retard::retard: Excuses, excuses. Face it, Nadal WON it. Federer didn't lose the match, Rafa fought for it.

DhammaTiger
04-23-2006, 10:41 PM
It seems the one-dimenssional player beat the multi-dimenssional Player! I like Roger but he shouldn't have disparaged Rafa before the match. Whether Rafa is one or ten dimenssional it doesn't matter he still beat Roger in 2 finals this year. One on hard court in Dubai and one on clay.Roger played well today but not well enough to beat Rafa. In my opinion the rivalry between the 2 is incredibly good for teennis and may it continue for a long time. Whether Federer can win RG or not is pure conjecture at this moment and we have to wait and see.As for Rafa, let us not forget he is only 19 and is improving day by day. last year he didn't have a serve to speak of but now we see his serve is much better. I predict he will just get better and better. Rafa the wonder boy/man. Vamos Rafa!! :worship: :dance: :woohoo: :hatoff: :banana: :rolls: :yippee: :yeah: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bounce:

nobama
04-23-2006, 10:43 PM
:retard::retard::retard: Excuses, excuses. Face it, Nadal WON it. Federer didn't lose the match, Rafa fought for it.Where the f*ck did I say Roger lost the match? I've not said that once today. Learn how to read.

KoOlMaNsEaN
04-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Stupid Roger. Can't seem to win it against Rafa and figure out how to.

bad gambler
04-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Nadal did play some outstanding clay court tennis today, I don't think Federer can be too disappointed - he played him closer than he did last year at RG IMO, but there is still a fair way to go before he can truly challenge him on the surface and frankly I don't think 5 weeks is long enough for that to happen.

Jennay
04-23-2006, 10:52 PM
:yeah: :yeah:

RonE
04-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Congrats to Rafa. Not very surprising result IMO, probably what most people would have expected. As were many of the reactions by certain posters.

I do think however there are a few things Roger can take away from this week:

1.) It was his first really good run in Monte Carlo. Despite the fact that Nadal is head and shoulders above him on clay, Roger has at least put himself up as a contender for the rest of the clay season. I know many people will say "but of course he is a contender, he is 2nd best on clay" etc etc. But I do not think that was so evident at all. So he needed to put the stake in the ground and he did. He showed his desire throughout the tournament and in the final.

2.) He went down fighting- even when down two breaks in the 4th set he did not throw in the towel. That is what you need to do. He is usually a very good front runner against most other players but as someone pointed out, against Rafa when he does not believe he can win he is suddenly free and plays his best tennis. He has to find a way to do that when he is ahead in a good position and that will be the difference between a win and a loss.

3.) While he still has a long way to go to beating Rafael on clay, he is at least giving himself opportunities by consistently making the later stages of the big clay court tournies and setting himself up for more opportunities. As long as he keeps on doing that, you never know, the unexpected could happen.

That's it really- not much else to say. Bring on Rome.

Raquel
04-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Firstly, congrats to Nadal.

Disappointing obviously for Roger. Too patchy today. A few brilliant games followed by a couple of loose ones. I actually think the same could be said for Nadal. Overall though Nadal was better at each time it mattered and a lot more consistent. Roger could have got a straight set routing there today. He fought hard the whole match though and that's a positive for him at least. He's getting closer :)

Nadal is just a warrior though. He's amazing. I just have huge admiration for him. Even wanting Roger to win today, I couldn't help just being in awe at some of Nadal's winning points rather disappointment that Roger didn't win them.

jacobhiggins
04-23-2006, 11:33 PM
The class of Nadal fans is unfortunately very very low.

It was a good win for Nadal, the more chances Federer plays him the closer it will get!

jacobhiggins
04-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Nadal did play some outstanding clay court tennis today, I don't think Federer can be too disappointed - he played him closer than he did last year at RG IMO, but there is still a fair way to go before he can truly challenge him on the surface and frankly I don't think 5 weeks is long enough for that to happen.

Yeah it's too short, but if Federer keeps playing him, in a year or two, Federer could figure him out like Hewitt!

Jogy
04-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Did somebody see Federers arrogant loser face after match was over? :haha:
this has no price, so brilliant!

great by Nadal to own Federer again to make it 4-1 career :worship:

Federer: so arrogant and so far away to beat one dimension Nadal :lol:

Allez
04-24-2006, 12:00 AM

Good grief I knew we we never going to hear the last of that "one dimensional" comment. Roger owns Tommy Haas, so please go to sleep.

Rogiman
04-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Good grief I knew we we never going to hear the last of that "one dimensional" comment. Roger owns Tommy Haas, so please go to sleep.
Don't bother arguing with a guy whose father and uncle are the same person

star
04-24-2006, 12:12 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060423/capt.mco11204231803.monte_carlo_tennis_open_mco112 .jpg

star
04-24-2006, 12:14 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060423/capt.xpg10804231804.monte_carlo_tennis_open_xpg108 .jpg

star
04-24-2006, 12:15 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060423/capt.xpg10904231807.monte_carlo_tennis_open_xpg109 .jpg

star
04-24-2006, 12:16 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060423/capt.xpg10404231807.monte_carlo_tennis_open_xpg104 .jpg

Rafa = Fed Killa
Rafa = Fed Killa :eek:

You called Bilbo :D

Jogy
Roger owns Tommy? so what? it is not most important that my player are always the best, I am fan because other reasons, not like some Federer fans who knows nothing about tennis and only join Federer fan group becasue they always want to win and it make them feel cool when they are always on winning side ;)

star
04-24-2006, 12:17 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060423/capt.xpg10304231735.monte_carlo_tennis_open_xpg103 .jpg

star
04-24-2006, 12:19 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060423/capt.xpg10104231713.monte_carlo_tennis_open_xpg101 .jpg

star
04-24-2006, 12:24 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060423/capt.xmco10604231506.monte_carlo_tennis_open_xmco1 06.jpg

morningglory
04-24-2006, 02:07 AM
:lol: Nadal forced Federer to hit UE's, he isn't patient that's his problem.
:haha: that's twisted logic in its purest state if you only think of the words...
UE = unforced errors, so you're saying Rafael forced Fed to make unforced errors hmm...
That's like saying a married bachelor or a round square ;)
Rafa WAITED patiently for Fed to make errors, and he did. That's why he won, by staying in the rallies and looking for counterplay.

veyonce
04-24-2006, 02:19 AM
Credits to Mamasue & Moondancer of vr.com

This article contains the players' statements in French.

Déclarations

Rafael Nadal (ESP, vainqueur): "C'est une très belle victoire. Un succès comme ça on ne s'y habitue jamais, surtout face à Federer. C'est très spécial de commencer la saison sur terre battue par un titre. Le match a été très dur, j'étais très déçu d'avoir laissé passer ma chance dans le deuxième set. Après, je suis passé par des moments difficiles. J'ai été breaké dans le troisième set, mais ensuite il a fait quelques erreurs et ça m'a permis de repartir de l'avant. Dans l'ensemble, je suis très satisfait de ma performance, j'ai été très agressif en coup droit, très régulier et concentré tout au long du match. J'ai juste très mal servi. J'avais un problème avec le sable mais ce n'est pas une excuse: c'était nul, tout simplement. A la fin du quatrième set, j'ai bien sûr pensé à un cinquième set. Mais peu importe de gagner en quatre ou cinq manches. Je savais alors que le trophée était tout proche. J'ai fait le petit effort nécessaire pour y arriver. Le fait d'avoir remporté 42 victoires de suite sur terre battue me fait évidemment plaisir. Le record de Borg et Vilas ? Oui j'y pense, c'est déjà +sympa+ d'être le N.3 de l'histoire. Maintenant pour dépasser Borg, il faut que j'aille en finale à Barcelone. Ce n'est pas facile. Tous les jours, je peux perdre, même sur terre battue. Bon, si je suis à 100%, je sais que j'ai de bonnes chances de gagner. Mais, franchement, plein de joueurs peuvent me battre."

Roger Federer (SUI/finaliste): "Je me posais beaucoup de questions avant d'arriver ici et ce fut une très belle semaine. J'ai fait un grand pas en avant. Aujourd'hui, j'y suis presque arrivé et je pense que mes chances de gagner Roland-Garros sont à la hausse après cette semaine. Une étape a été franchie. Jouer contre Nadal m'aide à progresser. Depuis qu'il est là, j'ai déjà amélioré des choses. Et plus je l'affrontre, mieux c'est. J'ai fait un bon match même si j'ai quelques regrets sur le nombre d'occasions que je n'arrive pas à saisir, notamment sur des balles de break. Mon nombre de fautes directes ? Cette statistique ne m'intéresse pas. Nadal ne me laisse pas le choix, contre lui il faut prendre des risques. Ceux qui prétendent le contraire, je leur propose d'essayer à ma place. Avoir perdu trois fois de suite contre lui ne me décourage pas. Nadal trop fort pour moi ? Je ne suis pas d'accord. Aujourd'hui, ça s'est joué à tellement peu que ce serait faux de dire ça. J'ai bien aimé notre combat. Je me sens à égalité avec lui. Le seul petit avantage que je lui concède c'est qu'il est gaucher et il y en a pas beaucoup sur le circuit. Je n'y suis pas habitué, cela explique en partie mon mauvais début de match. J'ai bien mon entraîneur (Tony Roche) qui est gaucher mais, bon, il est un peu vieux."

Translation:
Rafael Nadal (ESP, winner): “This is a very beautiful victory. You never get used to a success like this, esp. against Federer. It’s very special to start the clay court season with a title. The match was very hard. I was disappointed that I did not take my chance in the second set. After that, I had some difficult moments. I was broken in the third set but he then made some errors which allowed me to equalize again. In the whole, I’m very satisfied with my performance; I was very aggressive with my forehand, very regular and concentrated throughout the entire match. I simply did not serve well. I have a little problem with the sand (?) but that’s not an excuse: it was simply not good. At the end of the 4th set, of course I began to think about a 5th set. Whether you win it in 4 or in 5 is not that important. I knew that the trophee was very close. I made a little effort necessary to get there. Sure, the fact of having achieved 42 consecutive matches pleases me. The record of Borg and Vilas? Yes, I’m thinking about it. I think it’s already great to be the all time number 3. Now, to get beyond Borg, I have to get to the final in Barcelona. That’s not easy. Every day, I can lose, even on clay. Well, I’m at 100%, I know that I have good chances to win but frankly, there are plenty of players who can beat me."

Roger Federer (SWI, finalist): I was asking myself a lot of questions before arriving here and I had a really great week. I took a huge step forward. Today, I almost made it and I think that my chances to win Roland Garros have increased this week. One step has been taken. Playing against Nadal helps me to progress. Since he’s here, I have already improved a couple of things and the more I play opposite him, the better. I have played a good match even if I have my regrets on a couple of opportunities that I did not manage to take; break points among other things. My number of unforced errors? That statistic does not interest me. Nadal left me no choice; you have to take risks against him. Those who say otherwise: I suggest them to try it in my place. Having lost the last three times I played against him, does not discourage me. Nadal is too strong for me? I don’t agree. Today, it was very close so it would be wrong to say that. I did love the fight. I feel like an equal with him. The only little advantage I will concede is that he’s a lefty and there are not many of them on tour. I’m not used to it and it explains my poor start of the match. I do have my trainer (Tony Roche) who is a lefty but, well, he’s a bit old.”

http://www.rtl.fr/sports/article.asp?dicid=434835

veyonce
04-24-2006, 02:26 AM
Nadal blasts Federer aside to show who is the clay master
Steve Bierley in Monte Carlo
Monday April 24, 2006
The Guardian

Rafael Nadal, the boy who would be king, yesterday defeated the world No1 Roger Federer 6-2, 6-7, 6-3, 7-6 to retain his Master Series title and in the process recorded his fourth victory in five meetings against the Swiss, two of them this year.

These have been Federer's only losses in a season in which he has already won the Australian Open, his seventh grand slam, and the Masters Series titles in Indian Wells and Miami. But figuring out how to get the better of the 19-year-old, who defeated him in the final in Dubai two months ago, is becoming an increasingly knotty problem.

Federer had on Saturday suggested the more he played Nadal, the better it was for him: "He's quite one-dimensional." If this implied he felt he had discovered a way to tame the player described as "a beast" by Guillermo Coria last week, then he was rapidly disabused of such a notion.

It is the unadulterated intensity of Nadal's play, notably on clay, on which he has now gone 42 matches without defeat, a run bettered only by Guillermo Vilas (53) and Bjorn Borg (46) in the open era, that makes him such a fearsome opponent. In this respect Federer needed, at the very least, to stay with the youngster in the opening few games in order to impose himself later. Instead he went 4-0 down.

The bald statistics recorded 73 unforced errors by Federer, although how many of these were truly down to his own mistakes was a moot point. "He leaves me no choice but to go for winners because I am the man who is pressing," said Federer.

Nadal, the world No2, has a remarkable capacity to retrieve the most vicious of ground-strokes and is the only player who is able to do it consistently on the Federer forehand, that most formidable of weapons.

This and the Spaniard's extraordinary ability to transform defence into to attack, as if by the flick of switch, makes him doubly dangerous on clay, where the relative slowness of the surface gives him those extra split seconds to react.

At this stage of the season the odds are that Nadal will retain his French Open title next month in Paris, although Federer, who had not previously gone beyond the last eight here, was far from despondent, if a little more terse than usual.

Over the past six months the Swiss, who until last year's Masters Cup final in Shanghai had won 24 consecutive finals, has now lost three out of seven. This comparative vulnerability will give fresh heart to his opponents.

"I felt I got closer to Rafael than at Roland Garros last year," said Federer, who lost there in the semi-final. "Obviously I wish I had not lost against him again but I will quickly forget it."

This may not be strictly true, although in the past Federer has always discovered ways of beating those players who initially used to get the better of him, most notably Lleyton Hewitt, Tim Henman and Andre Agassi.

Once he gets your number, Federer tends to accelerate away into the blue beyond. Shaking off the young Spaniard, however, may prove considerably more difficult.

Having lost the opening set, Federer saved a set point in the second to level the match and then immediately broke Nadal's serve at the beginning of the third, only to play the most careless of games on his own serve.

Forced or unforced, this lack of control was to prove costly. But this should take nothing away from Nadal and the colossal pressure he imposed.

Guardian Unlimited © Guardian Newspapers Limited 2006
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tennis/story/0,,1759982,00.html

morningglory
04-24-2006, 02:39 AM
Roger Federer (SWI, finalist): I was asking myself a lot of questions before arriving here and I had a really great week. I took a huge step forward. Today, I almost made it and I think that my chances to win Roland Garros have increased this week. One step has been taken. Playing against Nadal helps me to progress. Since he’s here, I have already improved a couple of things and the more I play opposite him, the better. I have played a good match even if I have my regrets on a couple of opportunities that I did not manage to take; break points among other things. My number of unforced errors? That statistic does not interest me. Nadal left me no choice; you have to take risks against him. Those who say otherwise: I suggest them to try it in my place. Having lost the last three times I played against him, does not discourage me. Nadal is too strong for me? I don’t agree. Today, it was very close so it would be wrong to say that. I did love the fight. I feel like an equal with him. The only little advantage I will concede is that he’s a lefty and there are not many of them on tour. I’m not used to it and it explains my poor start of the match. I do have my trainer (Tony Roche) who is a lefty but, well, he’s a bit old.”

hmmmmm that doesn't sound like Fed... that sounds like Serena or Maria! You can beat'em but you cannot kill their spunk :armed: :yeah:

Still.... that's so not right, that's not the Fed we know... can you imagine Fed cheering UE's on court in the future? iVAMOS! :devil:

ChloeLove
04-24-2006, 02:44 AM
Fed had twice as many UE's as Nadal today. Crazy.

I just watched the match, on a tv screen, and I am amazed by Rafa's physic. He's 19, his arms are out this world. :rolleyes:

Whistleway
04-24-2006, 03:37 AM
Nice when you can lose and get even further ahead of the pack. :lol:

Nice try jerk !! ;)

heya
04-24-2006, 03:48 AM
Uncle T. Nadal is proud and would love to be Rafa's daddy as well as coach.

Five
04-24-2006, 04:29 AM
:dance: :yippee: :drool: :lick:

nobama
04-24-2006, 05:01 AM
:haha: that's twisted logic in its purest state if you only think of the words...
UE = unforced errors, so you're saying Rafael forced Fed to make unforced errors hmm...
That's like saying a married bachelor or a round square ;)
Rafa WAITED patiently for Fed to make errors, and he did. That's why he won, by staying in the rallies and looking for counterplay.Ah but if you say that you know you're not giving Rafa proper credit. Of course you should know any errors made when playing Rafa are "forced" errors. ;)

Godprint
04-24-2006, 05:04 AM
:devil: :devil:
nadel

:angel: :angel:
federer

world peace. :confused:

nobama
04-24-2006, 05:08 AM
Nice try jerk !! ;)Hey I'm just trying to look on the bright side, and well it is the truth. If Rafa gains points on Fed during Wimbledon or US Open Series his fans would have every right to be pleased because it means he's improving on surfaces where he would not be considered the favorite. Same with Roger, it's his best start to the clay season so far. Can't be upset about that.

atheneglaukopis
04-24-2006, 06:28 AM
Okay, let's see if I can sum up the last twelve hours' (or so) worth of posts on MTF.

For the last time, Nadal doesn't beat Federer! Federer loses to Nadal/beats himself!

Nadal sure does make Federer lose/beat himself a lot.

Can we call it a day on the rehashing? Good night, all. :wavey:

Allez
04-24-2006, 07:26 AM
Nadal blasts Federer aside to show who is the clay master
Steve Bierley in Monte Carlo
Monday April 24, 2006
The Guardian

Federer had on Saturday suggested the more he played Nadal, the better it was for him: "He's quite one-dimensional." If this implied he felt he had discovered a way to tame the player described as "a beast" by Guillermo Coria last week, then he was rapidly disabused of such a notion.

Guardian Unlimited © Guardian Newspapers Limited 2006
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tennis/story/0,,1759982,00.html

I wonder if some of these journalists are trolls on the MTF ? Sure seems like it :rolleyes:

MariaV
04-24-2006, 07:56 AM
I wonder if some of these journalists are trolls on the MTF ? Sure seems like it :rolleyes:
You know some of them are. ;) :lol:

Mimi
04-24-2006, 08:12 AM
:woohoo: :bowdown: :dance: :yippee: :banana: :music: :rocker2: :baby: :aplot: my little boy won again :crazy: :nerner:

jacobhiggins
04-24-2006, 09:05 AM

Everybody agrees Federer is the most humble and probablly the nicest player on the tour. All the players have said this!

Mimi
04-24-2006, 09:08 AM
roger does look quite unhappy when he lost :p

jacobhiggins
04-24-2006, 09:09 AM
He's the King of Tennis, he wants to win them all, I bet he's really mad he couldn't win today but that will motivate the king!

He is a fierce competitor, it dosen't show but underneath Federer's surface, he is a Collosus!!!

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 09:12 AM
No problem with making the comments, just better to back them up.

No panic from Nadal and got to love the mental strength he showed to come back from losing 2 breaks and the loss of the 2nd set when he had a set point and made a cheap error.

jacobhiggins
04-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Nadal is really mentally strong but Federer could have made it a lost closer match, 70 some UE's is just too much against anybody.

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Nadal is really mentally strong but Federer could have made it a lost closer match, 70 some UE's is just too much against anybody.

Hahahahahahaha, if he makes 80 winners then 70 unforced errors is Ok.

Next, Nadal didn't have to play that well to win, but it got the job done. It was Federer who made the errors and not Nadal. Got to look why Federer made that many errors.

If you were serious and I am not sure yet, this match in essence should have been over in straight sets, but Nadal blew his chance when serving for it. Even then, there wasn't a feeling that Nadal was going to lose this.

A_Skywalker
04-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Can someone post the press conference after the match , cause I cant find it

A_Skywalker
04-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Everybody agrees Federer is the most humble and probablly the nicest player on the tour. All the players have said this!

Really , did you see his face , it was something like " You will see next time , I will tell mama to spank you " :)

MariaV
04-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Can someone post the press conference after the match , cause I cant find it
Duhh, the transcript is still not up anywhere. :(

jacobhiggins
04-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Hahahahahahaha, if he makes 80 winners then 70 unforced errors is Ok.

Next, Nadal didn't have to play that well to win, but it got the job done. It was Federer who made the errors and not Nadal. Got to look why Federer made that many errors.

If you were serious and I am not sure yet, this match in essence should have been over in straight sets, but Nadal blew his chance when serving for it. Even then, there wasn't a feeling that Nadal was going to lose this.

80 winners and 70 UE errors, what are you talking about?

It was just way too many errors by Federer. A couple more points it would have went to a 5 set and who knows what could have happend. This match was closer then there match last year at the FO. King Federer is slowly but surely making progress!

jacobhiggins
04-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Really , did you see his face , it was something like " You will see next time , I will tell mama to spank you " :)

King Fed wants to win them all, he is a fierce competitor and while it dosen't show, he's a monster underneath and dosent' want to lose to anybody. That's what makes him Number 1!

denisgiann
04-24-2006, 09:27 AM
I think all that Fed needs is one convincing win and his confidence will be boosted.When that happens........ :wavey:

jacobhiggins
04-24-2006, 09:30 AM
I think it has some to due with confidence but more to do with what Nadal does and what Federer dosen't do. Federer is not intimated, he just hasn't figured out what will work against Nadal yet. He is slowly figuring him out though. The first set was god awful by Federer but the rest of the match was close!

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 09:37 AM
80 winners and 70 UE errors, what are you talking about?

It was just way too many errors by Federer. A couple more points it would have went to a 5 set and who knows what could have happend. This match was closer then there match last year at the FO. King Federer is slowly but surely making progress!

You misseed the joke then? Stats don't always tell the true story and as for 70 unforced errors does that matter, if there as many or more winners?

You playing the what if game again? There is no what if about it. Federer had his chances to take it to a 5th set, but he wasn't good enough.

The result was exactly the same and that's what counts, console yourself with the fact it was closer.

lsy
04-24-2006, 10:17 AM
No panic from Nadal and got to love the mental strength he showed to come back from losing 2 breaks and the loss of the 2nd set when he had a set point and made a cheap error.

:lol: GWH...where do I begin...

So you're here to talk about Nadal's chear error and him blowing it to be a straight set loss (how about some comments on the pretty good tb Rogi played to earn the 2nd set in the meantime?) but disallow others to comment on Rogi's errors? So Nadal's errors while losing the break in 2nd set was cheap...how do you describe the ones Rogi made when lost his break right away after 1-0 in 3rd set? :p :wavey:

I love most your posts in MTF and you know that but if we want to play that "No excuses after any losses" policeman role, how about let's do that in ALL cases then selectively so. ;)

And pls don't take this to another Fed fans not facing the defeat talk and start analysing the match to me coz for me, Nadal won the match fair and square so this is more about the content of your post than the match itself :)

yeah I need to bold that else it's highly possible these others :retard: posters who can't read will jump all over me about not accepting defeat.

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 10:31 AM
:lol: GWH...where do I begin...

So you're here to talk about Nadal's chear error and him blowing it to be a straight set loss (how about some comments on the pretty good tb Rogi played to earn the 2nd set in the meantime?) but disallow others to comment on Rogi's errors? So Nadal's errors while losing the break in 2nd set was cheap...how do you describe the ones Rogi made when lost his break right away after 1-0 in 3rd set? :p :wavey:

Isn't it about when players make errors? Example, when leading 5-0 40-0 serving a double fault isn't likely to be as harmful, as serving the doubles in the game when serving for the set.

Considering Federer let himself get distracted from when Nadal took the timeout at the end of the 2nd set, yes, it's a shit rule and needs to dealt with, but not illegal under the current circumstances.

It's easy to play the "what if" game isn't it? It just becomes circular.

- What if Federer didn't make those errors.
- What if Nadal didn't become too passive
etc etc

And pls don't take this to another Fed fans not facing the defeat talk and start analysing the match to me coz for me, Nadal won the match fair and square so this is more about the content of your post than the match itself :)

yeah I need to bold that else it's highly possible these others :retard: posters who can't read will jump all over me about not accepting defeat

It wouldn't need to happen, if some of the Fed fans could accept the fact that Federer is human and can lose matches now and then through his own particular failings and that his opponent was better when it counted and it's not a disaster when he loses.

lsy
04-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Isn't it about when players make errors? Example, when leading 5-0 40-0 serving a double fault isn't likely to be as harmful, as serving the doubles in the game when serving for the set.

Considering Federer let himself get distracted from when Nadal took the timeout at the end of the 2nd set, yes, it's a shit rule and needs to dealt with, but not illegal under the current circumstances.

It's easy to play the "what if" game isn't it? It just becomes circular.

- What if Federer didn't make those errors.
- What if Nadal didn't become too passive
etc etc

Using the same analysis as you, I guess it's ok the next time any Fed fans make an "excuse" of him doing some easy errors or dfs to miss serving for set/match and then lost it? But if I were to apply the really stringent rules of absolutely no excuse you seem to have imposed on the Fedfans lately, I don't seem to think that has any effect in your eyes.

I don't play what if as I said Nadal won fair and square. I only don't want to see you critisizing others playing that what if when you're doing that yourself.

It wouldn't need to happen, if some of the Fed fans could accept the fact that Federer is human and can lose matches now and then through his own particular failings and that his opponent was better when it counted and it's not a disaster when he loses.

Plenty of Fedfans accept that, you just chose to focus on the minority ones who don't, which is disappointing for me to see considering you had known quite a lot of Fedfans for long. It had gone to the stage when it's impossible to come out with any analysis after Fed losses from his fans without been labelled making "excuses" immediately if you hadn't yet noticed.

Besides did you miss all these other excuses other fans come out with when Rogi beat them? Mentally scared/Rogi's aura/physically not in the match/played a really awful match/ robbed for one bad call etc etc. Unfortunately I don't see you there palying that policeman role all time as you seem to be ALL the time with Fed "excuses" ;)

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Using the same analysis as you, I guess it's ok the next time any Fed fans make an "excuse" of him doing some easy errors or dfs to miss serving for set/match and then lost it? But if I were to apply the really stringent rules of absolutely no excuse you seem to have imposed on the Fedfans lately, I don't seem to think that has any effect in your eyes.

I don't play what if as I said Nadal won fair and square. I only don't want to see you critisizing others playing that what if when you're doing that yourself.

There is no need to play the "what if" game . Nadal won this match pure and simple and it doesn't matter whether it was aesthetically pleasing or not, the object is to get the W and nothing else.

When someone only focused on one side of the equation, in this case only Federer errors and not look at the context of the match. As I said before, it's just as easy to go in circles.

Plenty of Fedfans accept that, you just chose to focus on the minority ones who don't, which is disappointing for me to see considering you had known quite a lot of Fedfans for long. It had gone to the stage when it's impossible to come out with any analysis after Fed losses from his fans without been labelled making "excuses" immediately if you hadn't yet noticed.

I know which ones have the ability to take the blinkers off and look at a respective match for what it is. As for the minority, well it's a vocal minority and yes I do remember the days when he was overrated and just untapped potential, but that was a long time ago. It's very easy to follow successful players and I know that doesn't relate to yourself and some others.

Besides did you miss all these other excuses other fans come out with when Rogi beat them? Mentally scared/Rogi's aura/physically not in the match/played a really awful match/ robbed for one bad call etc etc. Unfortunately I don't see you there palying that policeman role all time as you seem to be ALL the time with Fed "excuses" ;)

One difference, most of the other fanbases have been used to defeat for a lot longer time. Hence sadly when Fed loses and it's not often, it tends to bring out the silly excuses.

As for what you use. Ok, here is an example Gaudio doesn't believe he can beat Federer, is that an excuse? If this player doesn't believe he can win, then chances are he is not going to win. He is far from the only one who thinks that.

The number 1 player in the world intimidates most players and it's up to those others to find a way to try and improve their games and mental state for them to get better.

lsy
04-24-2006, 11:37 AM
There is no need to play the "what if" game . Nadal won this match pure and simple and it doesn't matter whether it was aesthetically pleasing or not, the object is to get the W and nothing else.

When someone only focused on one side of the equation, in this case only Federer errors and not look at the context of the match. As I said before, it's just as easy to go in circles.

You're the one going in circles now. As I said, if you want to be so strict on others with that you have to not rebut them with your own "what it" *which I had quoted from 1st post to you. That's my Point.

I know which ones have the ability to take the blinkers off and look at a respective match for what it is. As for the minority, well it's a vocal minority and yes I do remember the days when he was overrated and just untapped potential, but that was a long time ago. It's very easy to follow successful players and I know that doesn't relate to yourself and some others.

Similarly as it's easy to just root for players of your own countries, or players who're cute or sexy etc. Not to mention those who jumped on Nadal (or Federer in such cases)'s wagon coz they got the kick out of him beating Federer when their fav can't. How many fans here actually root for their favourites coz they actually appreciate the tennis they play? But yeah let's all laugh at the Fedtards coz they "took the easy out" and let's feel better of ourselves coz we support the players who make us go through the hardships.

One difference, most of the other fanbases have been used to defeat for a lot longer time. Hence sadly when Fed loses and it's not often, it tends to bring out the silly excuses.

So silly excuses coming from fans who're used to defeat is more tolerable and acceptable than the one coming from Federer cause he wins most times?

Are you telling me that those excuses of "xxx losing cost of bad calls/rainbreaks/mentally not there/didn't play as well as he could have been" as we do see rather often aren't as silly as the ones from Fedfans?

Unless you're telling me the no of excuses from other fans are much less than the ones from Fed. If thats waht you meant, I like to see a proof of the no if anybody had counted them ;)

Besides how about if you look at the other view points as in coz he lost so few times, it's more naturally it seems like a "bigger" deal than the others who tend to lose less? Just throwing you the other perspective of it.

As for what you use. Ok, here is an example Gaudio doesn't believe he can beat Federer, is that an excuse? If this player doesn't believe he can win, then chances are he is not going to win. He is far from the only one who thinks that.

The number 1 player in the world intimidates most players and it's up to those others to find a way to try and improve their games and mental state for them to get better.

If you want to use Gaudio as example, how about coz Federer did prove many times when he's at his best, it's tough for any players to beat him so if he did lose, it's natually people think coz he didn't play his best (not that I'm saying that's the only reason) ? Is that an excuse then? Gaudio is a bad example you used btw.

Also did all these players just start fearing Federer out of nowhere? It was because Federer was good enough to beat them to create the fear isn't it? That yourself had just created an excuse of your own there.

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 12:04 PM
You're the one going in circles now. As I said, if you want to be so strict on others with that you have to not rebut them with your own "what it" *which I had quoted from 1st post to you. That's my Point.

My point, is that there is no point in using "what if" scenarios. That should have been clear enough.

Similarly as it's easy to just root for players of your own countries, or players who're cute or sexy etc. Not to mention those who jumped on Nadal (or Federer in such cases)'s wagon coz they got the kick out of him beating Federer when their fav can't. How many fans here actually root for their favourites coz they actually appreciate the tennis they play? But yeah let's all laugh at the Fedtards coz they "took the easy out" and let's feel better of ourselves coz we support the players who make us go through the hardships.

Bandwagon jumpers are fact of life, it's always easy to follow success. Is this a specific or a generic comment about the easy way out? If this was a specific comment, then I wouldn't know I am not going to support someone from my country if they are a dickhead, that's a waste of time. I know exactly why I support certain players.

So silly excuses coming from fans who're used to defeat is more tolerable and acceptable than the one coming from Federer cause he wins most times?

Are you telling me that those excuses of "xxx losing cost of bad calls/rainbreaks/mentally not there/didn't play as well as he could have been" as we do see rather often aren't as silly as the ones from Fedfans?

Never said that at all. It seems I will have to explain this differently. When Federer loses a match, then that's all it is a loss and not catastrophic.

It happens and if the other player is better on the day and take their chances and when Fed loses, it's not fatigue, it's not cause of bad line calls, it's not cause of the rainbreaks. Once on the court that's where everything has to get done and the circumstances have to be dealt with and that's for all players.

Unless you're telling me the no of excuses from other fans are much less than the ones from Fed. If thats waht you meant, I like to see a proof of the no if anybody had counted them ;)

Besides how about if you look at the other view points as in coz he lost so few times, it's more naturally it seems like a "bigger" deal than the others who tend to lose less? Just throwing you the other perspective of it.

Fed is human, albeit a very talented human in tennis, but even he loses now and then. That concept seems to be lost in general.

If you want to use Gaudio as example, how about coz Federer did prove many times when he's at his best, it's tough for any players to beat him so if he did lose, it's natually people think coz he didn't play his best (not that I'm saying that's the only reason) ? Is that an excuse then? Gaudio is a bad example you used btw.

Also did all these players just start fearing Federer out of nowhere? It was because Federer was good enough to beat them to create the fear isn't it? That yourself had just created an excuse of your own there.

So, this is an excuse then? Federer is clearly the best player overall in the world. If he plays near his best potentially, then he is going to win 99 times out of 100. How is that an excuse? That is as obvious as night follows day.

He is the best at the moment and it's a mental failing from the other players who go on court thinking they are going to get beaten before they are on court. These players have to deal with that and have to improve their mental state or is that an excuse as well?

lsy
04-24-2006, 12:24 PM
My point, is that there is no point in using "what if" scenarios. That should have been clear enough.

I'd said enough on this whether you get my point or not, this topic is done for me.

Bandwagon jumpers are fact of life, it's always easy to follow success. Is this a specific or a generic comment about the easy way out? If this was a specific comment, then I wouldn't know I am not going to support someone from my country if they are a dickhead, that's a waste of time. I know exactly why I support certain players.

You know I wasn't talking about you. I can only laugh when some of these "noble" fans think better of themselves coz they didn't support Federer who wins easily, like their reasons on supporting their fav are way more "valid" than the Fed fans. Yeah, come back to me when you're actually really a fan of the game than the fan of the player (which I think I can count in one hand). Else, they have just about as equal right to laugh at Fedfans who follow "successful" playes than themselves following their favs coz it's their fellowcountry man or as I said, they're cute or sexy or funny.

It happens and if the other player is better on the day and take their chances and when Fed loses, it's not fatigue, it's not cause of bad line calls, it's not cause of the rainbreaks. Once on the court that's where everything has to get done and the circumstances have to be dealt with and that's for all players.

Don't tell me, tell those other fans when they start making those excuses the same as how keen you'd been telling the Fedfans, that's sth I hadn't seen from you as much and the main reason which initiated these whole conversaion with you. If you want to be that strict, let's do it with everybody here.

Fed is human, albeit a very talented human in tennis, but even he loses now and then. That concept seems to be lost in general.

Again, we had done this in previous post.

So, this is an excuse then? Federer is clearly the best player overall in the world. If he plays near his best potentially, then he is going to win 99 times out of 100. How is that an excuse? That is as obvious as night follows day.

If in your eyes that's not an excuse? Why the "outbreak" of shooting down the Fedfans each time this was being mentione? I seem to see you agreeing with them most times though.

He is the best at the moment and it's a mental failing from the other players who go on court thinking they are going to get beaten before they are on court. These players have to deal with that and have to improve their mental state or is that an excuse as well?

I don't think that's an excuse but I seem to get the feeling that, if somehow it'd come out from Fedfans, e.g. using it on him losing to Nadal mainly coz of mental, there will be seen as excuses.

So if similar rules were to apply, yes I think that will have to be excuses as well if it came from other fans.

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 12:42 PM
You know I wasn't talking about you. I can only laugh when some of these "noble" fans think better of themselves coz they didn't support Federer who wins easily, like their reasons on supporting their fav are way more "valid" than the Fed fans. Yeah, come back to me when you're actually really a fan of the game than the fan of the player (which I think I can count in one hand). Else, they have just about as equal right to laugh at Fedfans who follow "successful" playes than themselves following their favs coz it's their fellowcountry man or as I said, they're cute or sexy or funny.

I wasn't exactly sure who you were refering to, so it needed to be qualified. At the same time there are varying reasons for why people support the players they do and for their game is one of them sadly. :)

Don't tell me, tell those other fans when they start making those excuses the same as how keen you'd been telling the Fedfans, that's sth I hadn't seen from you as much and the main reason which initiated these whole conversaion with you. If you want to be that strict, let's do it with everybody here.

We all know who the best player is? It's very easy to rub people's face in when your player/team is winning consistently isn't it? There is a saying that is more to be found out when a player or team loses and in this case it seems to be the way.

If in your eyes that's not an excuse? Why the "outbreak" of shooting down the Fedfans each time this was being mentione? I seem to see you agreeing with them most times though.

Agreeing with whom? If you actually want to know what my position is on this. I happen to like both Federer and Nadal, but I am not going to go over the top gaga in my appreciation for their respective abilities, as each provides something different that I enjoy.

Though to be fair, there is definitely a certain amount of goading that goes on.

I don't think that's an excuse but I seem to get the feeling that, if somehow it'd come out from Fedfans, e.g. using it on him losing to Nadal mainly coz of mental, there will be seen as excuses.

So if similar rules were to apply, yes I think that will have to be excuses as well if it came from other fans

Hasn't Federer got to work out a solution to defeat Nadal? When Fed comes out with statements about Nadal and back them up, then he has to take the flak.

What I am not keen on is people not being able to handle defeat, it happens and there is a time when Federer is not going to be going around forever. I appreciate what he can do on a tennis court, but he is still a human being and not some cloned creature.

lsy
04-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Agreeing with whom? If you actually want to know what my position is on this. I happen to like both Federer and Nadal, but I am not going to go over the top gaga in my appreciation for their respective abilities, as each provides something different that I enjoy.

No I don't need to know you like who or who, but if you say so then I'll like to see you being equally critical when come to their respective fans throwing out excuses. From what I'd seen so far, not really :p

Hasn't Federer got to work out a solution to defeat Nadal? When Fed comes out with statements about Nadal and back them up, then he has to take the flak.

You asked if mental falling can be valid excuses vs Fed wins, so I asked depends if that being used by Fedfans vs Nadal would it have been considered valid excuses as well in your eyes?

Fed big talk and him working out a solution or not weren't really what we were discussing, was it?

I think we're simply going in circles now. I'd made my point and you did yours.

:wavey: nice talking to you again!

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 01:20 PM
No I don't need to know you like who or who, but if you say so then I'll like to see you being equally critical when come to their respective fans throwing out excuses. From what I'd seen so far, not really :p

You will see what you want to see, won't you?

You asked if mental falling can be valid excuses vs Fed wins, so I asked depends if that being used by Fedfans vs Nadal would it have been considered valid excuses as well in your eyes?

Fed big talk and him working out a solution or not weren't really what we were discussing, was it?

I think we're simply going in circles now. I'd made my point and you did yours.

:wavey: nice talking to you again

I hope the majority of Fedfans will admit that Nadal is in his head at the moment and only at the moment, if they can't do that, then there isn't much that can be done about it.

Nadal doesn't have a mental block over Federer does he? He respects him, but expects to win when he is on court. Thing is once some Fedfans can get in their head that he is beatable at some point and not act outraged when he loses, then that is some sort of progress.

lsy
04-24-2006, 01:35 PM
You will see what you want to see, won't you?

Same as you, isn't it? ;)

I hope the majority of Fedfans will admit that Nadal is in his head at the moment and only at the moment, if they can't do that, then there isn't much that can be done about it.

Most do but unfortunately saying that would probably be interpreted as "finding excuses for his losses".

Nadal doesn't have a mental block over Federer does he? He respects him, but expects to win when he is on court. Thing is once some Fedfans can get in their head that he is beatable at some point and not act outraged when he loses, then that is some sort of progress.

Where did I say Nadal has a mental block over Federer?

Whether Fedfans can accept he's beatable or not, I had gone through this with you enough in my previous posts.

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Same as you, isn't it? ;)

Is it? I see what's in front of me and you don't have to like the way it's interpreted :) . I don't get on the case of people who try and use bullshit that cramp is an injury for example, you know the answer to this.

Most do but unfortunately saying that would probably be interpreted as "finding excuses for his losses".

Admit the problem, then attempting to find a solution is the next step. What Federer has a weakness, so that's an excuse then?

Where did I say Nadal has a mental block over Federer?

Whether Fedfans can accept he's beatable or not, I had gone through this with you enough in my previous posts

You asked about a mental failing Federer has when it comes to Nadal. I just stated what Nadal does that most of the other players don't when it comes to playing Federer. No more and no less.

lsy
04-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Is it? I see what's in front of me and you don't have to like the way it's interpreted :) . I don't get on the case of people who try and use bullshit that cramp is an injury for example, you know the answer to this.

Seeing what's in front of us doens't always guarantee an "objective and fair" view. Applies to you, me and most human beings ;)

Admit the problem, then attempting to find a solution is the next step. What Federer has a weakness, so that's an excuse then?

Apparently whatever reason/analysis anybody try to come out with after his losses = excuses. (I agree on the Fedtards excuses but seesm like even from the more sensible Fed fans whatever they said, yes also = excuses)

You asked about a mental failing Federer has when it comes to Nadal. I just stated what Nadal does that most of the other players don't when it comes to playing Federer. No more and no less.

I didn't ask about the mental falling. I was answering your q if mental falling is an excuse ;)

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Seeing what's in front of us doens't always guarantee an "objective and fair" view. Applies to you, me and most human beings ;)

Does 100 % objectivity exist? You can think I am as biased as you like, it's not like I only criticise Fedtards as the only people making excuses, but I do notice sore losers and sore winners in general.

Apparently whatever reason/analysis anybody try to come out with after his losses = excuses. (I agree on the Fedtards excuses but seesm like even from the more sensible Fed fans whatever they said, yes also = excuses)

Major problem, the more sensible Fed fans are the ones that don't post as much on GM. I don't have to like the person at all, if they can talk about a match semi objectively.

If you want mental failing to be an excuse, then it's an excuse.

nobama
04-24-2006, 02:01 PM
What can Fed fans say that isn't considered an excuse by some people here? There are Rafa fans/anti-Fed fans that are just waiting to pounce like posters earlier in this thread:

I have quite a bad connection in this hotel and pages load are eternal, aren't there any funny excuses from blind Fed fans for today´s loss? ;) I haven't seen any yet today, but I have seen plenty of excuses in the past. Also, worse than the excuses are the insults and name calling. That's why Fed fans get a sour reaction.

So when they can't find excuses, insults or name calling then they revert to what they've seen in the past. It's quite pathetic.

lsy
04-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Does 100 % objectivity exist? You can think I am as biased as you like, it's not like I only criticise Fedtards as the only people making excuses, but I do notice sore losers and sore winners in general..

ah huh...you're finally touching what I'd been trying to poing out since my first post ;)

Major problem, the more sensible Fed fans are the ones that don't post as much on GM. I don't have to like the person at all, if they can talk about a match semi objectively.

Maybe they don't post as much coz they're sick of the lack of abilities for sensible discussion before it was swayed to that "tards/hatas/" arguments.

If you want mental failing to be an excuse, then it's an excuse.

:rolleyes: :p

btw I do still read your blog often, but you'd been lacking on updates ;)

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 02:25 PM
ah huh...you're finally touching what I'd been trying to poing out since my first post ;)

No, you are getting it. :)

Maybe they don't post as much coz they're sick of the lack of abilities for sensible discussion before it was swayed to that "tards/hatas/" arguments.

I mean as you know I have an idea of the Fed fans to take seriously and which ones I don't. They will be heard eventually, but what you say has a lot of truth in it.

Then again both sides fuel each other to an extent.

btw I do still read your blog often, but you'd been lacking on updates ;)

Well I did one today, but having probs with the site at the moment.

lsy
04-24-2006, 02:41 PM
I mean as you know I have an idea of the Fed fans to take seriously and which ones I don't. They will be heard eventually, but what you say has a lot of truth in it.

Then again both sides fuel each other to an extent.

That's very true and unfortunately most posters are here to see "show" than to have any tennis discussion. Hence their emphasis on finding the :retard: posts to attack on instead of the sensible ones for proper discussion.

Neely
04-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Congrats Rafa! :banana: Awesome job again! :worship:

I think every other player would have lost yesterday against Federer, especially after this 2nd set everybody else would have gone down from there on, I'm quite sure. Nadal is just so tough, it's incredible. Also good that he closed it out in the fourth set.

So Nadal is playing this week in Barcelona? Wow, I would take a rest after such a tournament. I hope he doesn't get injured and can play the French Open with full strength.

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 04:11 PM
So Nadal is playing this week in Barcelona? Wow, I would take a rest after such a tournament. I hope he doesn't get injured and can play the French Open with full strength.

He is playing as he should. He won't start to Wednesday and he has next week off anyway.

Merton
04-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Congrats to Rafa on defending his Monte Carlo title. He was not at his best during this tournament but he still won. Roger did well to reach the final but i wonder whether his confidence on beating Rafa on clay is shot. In contrast to Dubai, this match was a better indicator of their respective chances at a possible RG final. Neither player was at their best but Rafa won.

A_Skywalker
04-24-2006, 05:28 PM
This is from the Federer's forum , the topic is :The player you least like" If this is not arrogant I dont know what it is ...

A_Skywalker
1Roger
2ROddick
3Murray
4Safin
5I dont know , I guess noone

Diment:I think you are in the wrong thread

ME:No , I am not , dear

Diment:Well, that's you off the voting list then - score Nil points! It's my thread, and I make the rules.

Me:Why ? Oh yeah , I know why , lets not speak about that cause you will cry . If you cant take the opinion of somebody who is not a Federer fan , this shows how arrogant you are , I guess you created this thread only to expose the other players on critics and you cant take one critic for Roger , cause you think we all should like him ...
I cant let people talk dirty things about Rafa , and yet I did nothing wrong , I just posted my least liked players , if you want your ankette to be objective you have to take the opinion of every people

A_Skywalker
04-24-2006, 05:34 PM
It seems some people in this forum feed of anger and hate

cocolas
My list:
1. Nadal... arrogant!
2. Murray
3. Coria
4. Nadal
5. Nadal
6. and so on...

I am going to add to that!

7. Nadal
8. Nadal
9. Nadal
10. Nadal

Am i right????

R.Federer
04-24-2006, 07:07 PM
Grrrrrrrr..... Roge will hopefully soon learn to play against rafel, and hopefully improve his H2H record against him! How can he beat this kid?!!!!
I guess now Roge understands the frustration of other top-10 players who have poor H2H against Roge, like leyton and andi and others

Mimi
04-25-2006, 04:38 AM
nadal is clearly not as arrogant as roger :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
It seems some people in this forum feed of anger and hate

cocolas
My list:
1. Nadal... arrogant!
2. Murray
3. Coria
4. Nadal
5. Nadal
6. and so on...

I am going to add to that!

7. Nadal
8. Nadal
9. Nadal
10. Nadal

Am i right????

yanchr
04-25-2006, 01:26 PM
This is from the Federer's forum , the topic is :The player you least like" If this is not arrogant I dont know what it is ...

A_Skywalker
1Roger
2ROddick
3Murray
4Safin
5I dont know , I guess noone

Diment:I think you are in the wrong thread

ME:No , I am not , dear

Diment:Well, that's you off the voting list then - score Nil points! It's my thread, and I make the rules.

Me:Why ? Oh yeah , I know why , lets not speak about that cause you will cry . If you cant take the opinion of somebody who is not a Federer fan , this shows how arrogant you are , I guess you created this thread only to expose the other players on critics and you cant take one critic for Roger , cause you think we all should like him ...
I cant let people talk dirty things about Rafa , and yet I did nothing wrong , I just posted my least liked players , if you want your ankette to be objective you have to take the opinion of every people
You yourself also realize it's from "Federer forum". What do you expect? Is it supposed to be a Federer fan forum? If he is on top of your black list, why are you there, and even bothered by what his fans posted? You can't let people talk dirty things abou Rafa, I dare ask you, you, I mean Rafa fans, have never talked dirty things about Roger in your forum? I've read too many dirty things about Roger in different player's forums. I can't be bothered. Mouths are on their faces, I can't shut them up.

If you have too much time going to the forum of your least favourite player, anything you read there you should take it. Anybody gunning at you to go there and read?

It seems to me so childish to even post such things here in another tennis forum. And it's really not necessary to add fuel to fire, cuz anyway people here regard Fed fans as arrogant...