MC: Nadal def Federer 6-2 6-7 6-3 7-6 and lifts the trophy for a second time [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MC: Nadal def Federer 6-2 6-7 6-3 7-6 and lifts the trophy for a second time

Pages : 1 [2] 3

rue
04-23-2006, 05:54 PM
I am so proud of Nadal. He truly is the King of Clay and no one can beat him, not even the best player in the world.

lucashg
04-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Oh yay Rafa! :banana:

It's too bad Rogi can't handle Nadal's consistency, and when Nadal gets the chance to attack - on clay, especially - there's very little that Roger can do. He might have figured out Nadal, but he's shown not be able to execute his plans well enough to beat him, not even close. At least it wasn't a straight sets loss, so that streak continues! :p

I think this match was an improvement of RG last year. I didn't see the famous Dubai match, so this is probably the best quality I've seen in their encounters, and it's still so long away from being a great match IMO.

LLeytonRules
04-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Hey prima-donna, this aint about Hewitt, i knoe Hewitt is breaking down, thats his game, a counter-puncher, this is about how Roger breaks down against Nadal.

tangerine_dream
04-23-2006, 05:56 PM
The only good thing about Roger losing: the Fedtards eating their words. :haha: Well done, Rafa. And well done on your finals result, Roger.

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 05:57 PM
congrats Nadal, the best clay court player, proved why he is that.

damn priority access ruins everything about live scoring threads at the most important times as well :lol:

stebs
04-23-2006, 05:58 PM
He might have figured out Nadal, but he's shown not be able to execute his plans well enough to beat him, not even close.

I don't know, he was up 4-2 in the tie break in the fourth set. Pretty damn close to taking it to a fifth.

I think Roger is over any problem he had mentally with Nadal, he still finds it hard to beat Rafa's game but that will always be true. I don't think there is a 'fear' which everyone talks about.

A_Skywalker
Good job Rafa , I knew he can do it , he deserves everything he has won , cause it was won with a lot of hard work . Well done !

bad gambler
so does GWH's bitch thread get updated now?

mallorn
Roger played good in patches (4th set down 3 0), unfortunately, in the tie break he let one slip and that was enough for Nadal to crawl back into the match.

Either way, good match from Nadal. Way to do whatever he does, it's not tennis, but whatever it is. Good job. He's won fair and square. That's all to be required of the boy.

Nice to see people using words like owned and so forth, especially when their avatars are splattered with a collection of Roger's victims whom he chooses to whore out on the court as he pleases.

Federer has turned Centre Court into a Bordello and insert players name here to find out whom is the bitch of the day.

No sour grapes here, this boy is an absolute terror to play and watch.
:haha: I must be seriously sick, I missed your silly posts. :eek: :p

World Beater
04-23-2006, 05:59 PM
a lot of people talk about the mental aspect.

but roger fought incredibly hard and was very tough.

his toughness almost got it into a 5th set.

Its not the mental aspect so much as it is nadal's game on clay.

i mean with 70 ue's, anybody would probably be wiped off the court by nadal.

MariaV
04-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Do any of you think it's silly of Rafa to play Barcelona next week after this almost 4-hr final? And before Roma and Hamburg? he might leave Hamburg for Fed again though.
Geee the 5th set would've definitely been too much for me. But this kid is soooo incredible, simply incredible! :D :D :worship: :worship:

bad gambler
04-23-2006, 06:00 PM
so does GWH's bitch thread get updated now?

scrap that, it's 4+ advantage - all in due time

lilfairyprincess
Things will be different in Hamburg where Federer is the defending champion.
The clay there is faster and does not bounce up as high.
I'm starting to think Federer tricked all of us today.
He wasn't talking about this match. I have a feeling he knew he was going to lose.
I think he's forecasting what could happen in Hamburg.

i really doubt that rafa will play in hamburg..he didnt play last yr either...

if he goes deep into both barcelona and rome then he will withdraw (he will have had enought practice and will not want to burn out)

federer will very likely win hamburg as a result...

stebs
The only good thing about Roger losing: the Fedtards eating their words. :haha: Well done, Rafa. And well done on your finals result, Roger.
I think nearly all the fans of Federer said that Nadal was favourite and would probably win this match. Once again it is others putting words into the mouths of Federer fans. Maybe you want a reason to gloat? I don't know but it's not as if all the Federer fans said "Federer will beat Nadal easily, yeah" or anything like that. Most predicted a Nadal win but hoped Roger could prove them wrong.

mandoura
I find it strange that everyone assumes Roger will go on a bad run after losing a match. Look at his recent defeats. Lost to Gasquet then went and won Hamburg, lost to Rafa then went and won Halle and Wimbledon, lost to Nalbandian then went and won Doha and the AO, lost to Rafa then went and won Indian Wells and Miami.

Yes.

zimzim
04-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Federer has to work real hard on his backhand, and his running shots. Congrats to Nadal! :clap2: He played unbelievably....his balance and court coverage was out of this world.

Dirk
04-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey prima-donna, this aint about Hewitt, i knoe Hewitt is breaking down, thats his game, a counter-puncher, this is about how Roger breaks down against Nadal.

Yeah PD shouldn't have gone there because your post was right and not meanspirited.

shotgun
04-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Rafa still the undisputed king of clay.

mallorn
04-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Do any of you think it's silly of Rafa to play Barcelona next week after this almost 4-hr final? And before Roma and Hamburg? he might leave Hamburg for Fed again though.
Geee the 5th set would've definitely been too much for me. But this kid is soooo incredible, simply incredible! :D :D :worship: :worship:
I'm not sure...but he can't really afford to lose points on clay? :shrug:

Dirk
04-23-2006, 06:04 PM

Roger lost a tough 4 set match to the best clay courter in the world, no shame in that. What is a shame is that Andy is getting worse and worse on clay and is falling down the rankings.

Wannabeknowitall
04-23-2006, 06:05 PM
a lot of people talk about the mental aspect.

but roger fought incredibly hard and was very tough.

his toughness almost got it into a 5th set.

Its not the mental aspect so much as it is nadal's game on clay.

i mean with 70 ue's, anybody would probably be wiped off the court by nadal.

Rafa forced most of those errors. He puts a lot of pressure on players especially on clay to come up with the shots to put him out of his comfort zone when they actually have an opening.
When they don't have an opening Rafa makes them pay.
Federer has no choice but to hit slices a lot of times because he has no other option when the ball is biting like it is.
It's put him in a predicament for sure but one I'm sure Federer is up to the task for.
Things will be different at Hamburg if both play.
Federer definately knows how to play on the clay there while not particularly having that advantage at the very slow Monte Carlo.

njnetswill
Congrats Nadal. :worship:

Roger will hopefully use this as motivation. :cool:

Deivid23
OWNED

Well done, Rafa, u fucking animal :lol:

prima donna
04-23-2006, 06:07 PM
:haha: I must be seriously sick, I missed your silly posts. :eek: :p

Troia, read.

Nadal has won fair and square. He is a terror to play, but he doesn't play tennis. Jesus christ, that is about the most you are going to get out of me. It absolutely drives you mad that he will never earn the respect Roger has.

Is Nadal one of the best ever ? On clay. Yes.

In general? No.

Did he win ? Yes

Any further questions ?

Bubba08
04-23-2006, 06:07 PM
This guy is unbeatable on clay.
Congrats Nadal :worship:, though I truly thought that Fed would win today.

Jimnik
04-23-2006, 06:08 PM
I think he'll still play Barca. He gets 2 days off before he has to play. Remember after the 5-set Miami final, last year, Rafa still managed to fly back to Spain and play Valencia.

As for Hamburg, Rafa only missed it last year because of the freakishly long 6 hour final with Coria. If he wins the Rome final in less than 4 hours, I think he'll play Hamburg.

federated
I don't know, he was up 4-2 in the tie break in the fourth set. Pretty damn close to taking it to a fifth.

I think Roger is over any problem he had mentally with Nadal, he still finds it hard to beat Rafa's game but that will always be true. I don't think there is a 'fear' which everyone talks about.

roger federer made 78 unforced errors. In a final. I think that's gotta be nerves.

connectolove
That was some match. It is a great treat to watch Nadal at his best, and today he just was the king.

Fed was great too, they both fought hard but Nadal is the King & Master.

LLeytonRules
04-23-2006, 06:09 PM
I see him beating Borg's streak, maybe even Vilas :eek:

I think Fed can play on the red stuff, he can beat any other guy minus Nadal.I think a chip n charge is in order to beat Nadal.I dont know if he has that in him.

Jimnik
04-23-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure...but he can't really afford to lose points on clay? :shrug:
Why not? He's comfortably ahead of Nalbandian in the rankings.

His only concern would be to remain 1,600pts ahead of Andy to get the no.2 seeding at Wimbledon.

ugotlobbed
i predict nadal will not win this years RG, but fed wont take him out, itll prob be some frenchman

fenomeno2111
Rafael has proved AGAIN that he's the KING OF CLAYCOURTS...and most importantly he OWNS (O-W-N-S) Federer....So whats the excusefor today my fellow Fedtards?

mallorn
Troia, read.

Nadal has won fair and square. He is a terror to play, but he doesn't play tennis. Jesus christ, that is about the most you are going to get out of me. It absolutely drives you mad that he will never earn the respect Roger has.

Is Nadal one of the best ever ? On clay. Yes.

In general? No.

Did he win ? Yes

Any further questions ?
You know what? Right now it doesn't. :p

Xristos
EPIC.

PERIOD.

stebs
04-23-2006, 06:12 PM
roger federer made 78 unforced errors. In a final. I think that's gotta be nerves.
I don't think so, I think Federer's game matches up extremely badly against Nadal's. Hitting a winner against Nadal is extremely hard and there were a lot of points in that match. Federer hits UE's against Nadal because his game matches up badly.

I'm not saying that Federer is a little bogged down by nerves against Rafa, it is clear that he is as we saw in the early parts of this match but I think the MTF board hugely over-exaggurates the issue.

Corey Feldman
I think nearly all the fans of Federer said that Nadal was favourite and would probably win this match. Once again it is others putting words into the mouths of Federer fans. Maybe you want a reason to gloat? I don't know but it's not as if all the Federer fans said "Federer will beat Nadal easily, yeah" or anything like that. Most predicted a Nadal win but hoped Roger could prove them wrong.lol
your dealing with MTF's official Rafatard cheerleader here..
using Nadal's current dominance of Fed to boast, filling some kind of void about her dreams that it woulda been Roddick doing this to Fed, but we all know that went balls up.

prima donna
You know what? Right now it doesn't. :p

I felt the same way after Wimbledon, U.S Open and AO.

;)

Jimnik
04-23-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't think there was ever any doubt.

This match was similar to the Davis Cup final when Rafa beat Andy 6-7 6-2 7-6 6-2.

You can try to stay with Rafa for 1 or 2 sets but not for an entire match.

fenomeno2111
04-23-2006, 06:14 PM
He is a terror to play, but he doesn't play tennis.

What does he plays hide-and-seek???? :o

star
He is a terror to play, but he doesn't play tennis.

We need to notify the ATP there is someone breaking the rules out there and beating Roger whilst not playing tennis. That's gotta be against the rules. Righ?

stebs
So whats the excusefor today my fellow Fedtards?

Again I will say this.

Where have you seen any fan of Federer making excuses, from what I have seen every fan has congratulated Nadal on a victory he deserved, he played the better match. I find it very strange how many people on these boards seem to take so much pleasure in trying to act in a sour way to Federer fans. Maybe in some instances where his fans are saying some things which are disagreed with but here there are no such things being said.

azinna
04-23-2006, 06:15 PM
....If this was the clay of Hamburg then maybe I could understand why Federer would say what he had to say.
I would like to mention that there is a reason Nadal hasn't played Hamburg and dares not to come on a clay surface that compliments Federer's game....

I would think that Dubai's surface complements Fed's even more than Hamburg's. Not likely that Nadal's clay schedule has anything to do with Fed.

Castafiore
04-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Congratulations, Rafael Nadal. :woohoo: :yeah:

LLeytonRules
04-23-2006, 06:16 PM
I dont know about that, i will tell u the turning point of the match, some of u failed to realize

Its was the 3rd set, its 3-3, Roger had advantage and couldnt break, so Nadal was up 4-3 and then he broke Roger, that was the turning point.

star
04-23-2006, 06:16 PM

Yes. I don't like to see him playing Barcelona, but it's Spain, so I don't see him NOT playing there. He'll skip Hamburg, I'm sure. I don't blame him. It's cold up there. :)

gebl
04-23-2006, 06:17 PM
OWNED

:yeah: :D :D :D :D

Vamos Rafaaaaaa :D :worship:

:secret: (and please go on making the :cuckoo: prima donna so unhappy that he foams at the mouth and gibbers in his usual lunatic fashion) :devil: :angel:

fenomeno2111
Again I will say this.

Where have you seen any fan of Federer making excuses, from what I have seen every fan has congratulated Nadal on a victory he deserved, he played the better match. I find it very strange how many people on these boards seem to take so much pleasure in trying to act in a sour way to Federer fans. Maybe in some instances where his fans are saying some things which are disagreed with but here there are no such things being said.

I must be reading a different board then.... :rolleyes:

World Beater
Rafa forced most of those errors. He puts a lot of pressure on players especially on clay to come up with the shots to put him out of his comfort zone when they actually have an opening.
When they don't have an opening Rafa makes them pay.
Federer has no choice but to hit slices a lot of times because he has no other option when the ball is biting like it is.

yes, yes.

i meant to say that if it werent for roger's toughness, it might have been straights.

ugotlobbed
04-23-2006, 06:18 PM
roger needs a 2h bh like moi

star
04-23-2006, 06:20 PM
I don't think so, I think Federer's game matches up extremely badly against Nadal's. Hitting a winner against Nadal is extremely hard and there were a lot of points in that match. Federer hits UE's against Nadal because his game matches up badly.

I'm not saying that Federer is a little bogged down by nerves against Rafa, it is clear that he is as we saw in the early parts of this match but I think the MTF board hugely over-exaggurates the issue.

:worship:

That's the main point. It's the match up.

I don't think it's merely a matter of nerves. Federer seemed to get over his nerves after that first set.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 06:20 PM
OWNED

:retard:

there was no ownage in this match. Federer had a chance to take it into a fifth set with a lead in the TB.

Nadal was far and away a better player, but you seem to just want to gloat for the sake of it.

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 06:21 PM
i think most players playing for 4 hours V Nadal on clay can easily make 78 UE's :lol:
at this stage Fed can be happy with a big clay final, somewhere he had not done well before...
everyone keeps talking about fed not winning RG cos of nadal..
well right now to have a chance he'd need to at least reach the final of RG, and that would be a great acchievment and not easy, so lets wait and see how it all develops!

stebs
04-23-2006, 06:23 PM
I must be reading a different board then.... :rolleyes:
Okay 'fenomeno' give me an example then? Can you back up your statement?

adee-gee
:rolls: :haha: :rolls: :haha:

Oh Fed fans, you're so gracious in defeat :bigclap:

Rafa, you're a star :worship: as long as you keep beating Fed you can lose to the likes of Blake all you want ;)

star
Again I will say this.

I haven't seen any yet today, but I have seen plenty of excuses in the past. Also, worse than the excuses are the insults and name calling. That's why Fed fans get a sour reaction.

tangerine_dream
04-23-2006, 06:24 PM
I think nearly all the fans of Federer said that Nadal was favourite and would probably win this match. Once again it is others putting words into the mouths of Federer fans. Maybe you want a reason to gloat? I don't know but it's not as if all the Federer fans said "Federer will beat Nadal easily, yeah" or anything like that. Most predicted a Nadal win but hoped Roger could prove them wrong.
I consider you to be one of the "good" Federer fans, stebs, so my comment wasn't directed at you that's for sure. Nor Mandoura or World Beater or lots of other cool Fed fans who know how to appreciate other players without dismissing them as "one dimensional pushers" or somehow less of a human being than Roger.

But those few bad apples--the Fedtards like Prima Donna and Dirk and Rogiman and a few others--they do ruin it for everyone else and give the true fans a bad name. :explode: My apologies for that.

mallorn
04-23-2006, 06:24 PM
I felt the same way after Wimbledon, U.S Open and AO.

;)
Oh yes, because Roger gets no respect whatsoever. :D

I find it fascinating to watch how people who last year started off saying Rafa was just a dirtballer and a one year wonder are forced by Rafa to change their tune. He's already earned the respect of many critics. Contrary to what you think, it doesn't bother me much that not everybody respects him. I know there'll always be stubborn people like you. :wavey:

We need to notify the ATP there is someone breaking the rules out there and beating Roger whilst not playing tennis. That's gotta be against the rules. Righ?
:rolls:

nobama
04-23-2006, 06:25 PM

Rafa, you're a star :worship: as long as you keep beating Fed you can lose to the likes of Blake all you want ;)So I guess then you don't care if he becomes #1? Roger increased his lead over Nadal in the ATP rankings you know. In order for Rafa to keep beating Fed he's going to have to beat the likes of Blake along the way. Not on clay but for sure on other surfaces.

stebs
04-23-2006, 06:25 PM

Rafa, you're a star :worship: as long as you keep beating Fed you can lose to the likes of Blake all you want ;)
I need to repeat myself again??

Looks like Mr. Adee-Gee didn't read the thread but assumed there'd been sour reactions in much the same way I think 'fenomeno' did.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Okay 'fenomeno' give me an example then? Can you back up your statement?

he cant.

first there is nothing wrong with having faith in your player's abilities no matter the h-h.

so even if some fed fans predicted a victory, is it so bad?

the only who can be accussed of being a bit of an ass is maybe fed himself. but even then his comments were blown apart.

but there are plenty of times where he has given praise to nadal and he will probably do so again.

fenomeno2111
I don't even have to look just comes from the top of my mind that you said his game doesn't match up with Nadal's, then somebody said that in Dubai's Final Nadal didn't win but rather Federer lost...c'mon does that look like an excuse? HECK YES!
I'm too tired to find those posts I got home right now and i haven't slept in 36 hours

mallorn

I knew you woudn't miss it, Adam! :lol: :hug:

But Rafa canNOT lose to Blake any more! ;)

blosson
04-23-2006, 06:27 PM
lol
your dealing with MTF's official Rafatard cheerleader here..
using Nadal's current dominance of Fed to boast, filling some kind of void about her dreams that it woulda been Roddick doing this to Fed, but we all know that went balls up.

What Roddick has to do with this? :confused: He's not even playing this tourney. I know for a fact that Tangy is a Roger fan too.

adee-gee
04-23-2006, 06:27 PM
But those few bad apples--the Fedtards like Prima Donna and Dirk and Rogiman and a few others--they do ruin it for everyone else and give the true fans a bad name. :explode: My apologies for that.
Can I just point out that without them, victories like this wouldn't be as sweet, so I'm grateful to them.

Rafa beating Fed = Better than sex :rocker2:

stebs
04-23-2006, 06:28 PM
I consider you to be one of the "good" Federer fans, stebs, so my comment wasn't directed at you that's for sure. Nor Mandoura or World Beater or lots of other cool Fed fans who know how to appreciate other players without dismissing them as "one dimensional pushers" or somehow less of a human being than Roger.

Thank you for saying that but I still have issues with some of these reactions.

For sure there have been some ridiculous reactions to events by some over-enthusiastic Federer fans but on this occasion I think the general feeling has been a big well done for Rafa and tough luck to Roger but he is getting nearer and he has done himself proud. These sour reactions have happened in the past but what's done is done and if there aren't bad reactions now then there's no need to try and spark something up.

nobama
I haven't seen any yet today, but I have seen plenty of excuses in the past.Then why the f*ck even bring it up? Fact is if I came here and said Roger sucked so bad today Rafa fans would be whigning about not giving Rafa proper credit. For some Rafa fans there is nothing any Fed fan can say that they don't call an excuse or that they don't think isn't giving Rafa proper credit.

amierin

there was no ownage in this match. Federer had a chance to take it into a fifth set with a lead in the TB.

Nadal was far and away a better player, but you seem to just want to gloat for the sake of it.

Someone was bragging on this board about how Fed hadn't lost a tiebreaker yet this year. Fed got owned. End of story.

rofe
04-23-2006, 06:29 PM

Yeah Deivid is like that. Ignore him. Nadal was definitely the better player today. I wish Nadal had actually owned Federer. Now Federer is going to think that he was very close to beating Nadal. In fact, Fed needs to go back to the drawing board and start from scratch.

adee-gee
So I guess then you don't care if he becomes #1? Roger increased his lead over Nadal in the ATP rankings you know. In order for Rafa to keep beating Fed he's going to have to beat the likes of Blake along the way. Not on clay but for sure on other surfaces.
Rafa will get the #1 spot he deserves soon enough, I'm not worried about that. 4-1 with Fed's only win being due to a horrendous line call and a minor choke from Rafa is slightly embarrassing for the 'untouchable one'.

World Beater
Oh yes, because Roger gets no respect whatsoever. :D

I find it fascinating to watch how people who last year started off saying Rafa was just a dirtballer and a one year wonder are forced by Rafa to change their tune. He's already earned the respect of many critics. Contrary to what you think, it doesn't bother me much that not everybody respects him. I know there'll always be stubborn people like you. :wavey:

:rolls:

why do you even talk to trolls?
there is no hope with some people on this board. Both from some of the rafa fans and the fed fans.

There may be fed fans who despise rafa's game but i dont see anyone not giving him the respect he deserves except a troll or two. ;)

but even then, for a person who abhors nadal's game, prima has given him props for his clay performance. what more do you want?

When nadal wins a hardcourt grandslam, nobody can deny him the respect he deserves.

nobama
04-23-2006, 06:31 PM
For sure there have been some ridiculous reactions to events by some over-enthusiastic Federer fans but on this occasion I think the general feeling has been a big well done for Rafa and tough luck to Roger but he is getting nearer and he has done himself proud. These sour reactions have happened in the past but what's done is done and if there aren't bad reactions now then there's no need to try and spark something up.Ah, it's just like the "blue clay" "new clay" crap. When Rafa won Montreal people started bringing up the "but it's just blue clay, right ;) " crap even though no one said anything about the speed of the courts. Then the reply is 'well, I've heard it in the past and I'm sure someone will say it again'. It's all nonsense.

rofe
04-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Someone was bragging on this board about how Fed hadn't lost a tiebreaker yet this year. Fed got owned. End of story.

I don't know who said that because that is not true. Fed lost a tie-break to Clement in Miami. I disagree that he got owned. For me owned means a) he was atleast beaten in straight sets b) the score line was 6-2,6-3,6-2 or something like that. You can still think he got owned. Whatever.

World Beater
04-23-2006, 06:32 PM
Rafa will get the #1 spot he deserves soon enough, I'm not worried about that. 4-1 with Fed's only win being due to a horrendous line call and a minor choke from Rafa is slightly embarrassing for the 'untouchable one'.

shutup you idiot. :retard:

why are you making excuses...its not as if rafa is losing the h-h.

be gracious about the win for once. If you can make excuses for one of rafa's losses sure the fedtards are entitled to make excuses as well

:rolleyes:

stebs
04-23-2006, 06:32 PM
I don't even have to look just comes from the top of my mind that you said his game doesn't match up with Nadal's,

That's in no way an excuse, it is still a fair and square victory and this is said by pretty much everyone who knows tennis. Ask the Rafa fans, they will tell you the same thing it is a simple thing that Roger's game doesn't match up well with Rafa's. It is not an excuse but a reason for why Roger has a bad head to head.

then somebody said that in Dubai's Final Nadal didn't win but rather Federer lost...c'mon does that look like an excuse? HECK YES!

Maybe so but this has absolutely nothing to do with the Dubai final as I stated previously. Going back to the past is a weak effort at discrediting Federer fans.

I'm too tired to find those posts I got home right now and i haven't slept in 36 hours

Same old story, too tired my foot. Just can't find any evidence for your point.

PamposCypriot
04-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Im guessing that rafa won :)

Anw, calm down people... tennis is only a game, nothing more nothing less. Enjoy it :cool:

Johnny Groove
04-23-2006, 06:34 PM
<----------First off, congratulations to Rafa for winning and continuing to be the only player in the world to pose any kind of threat to Federer.

Thank you for saying that but I still have issues with some of these reactions.

For sure there have been some ridiculous reactions to events by some over-enthusiastic Federer fans but on this occasion I think the general feeling has been a big well done for Rafa and tough luck to Roger but he is getting nearer and he has done himself proud. These sour reactions have happened in the past but what's done is done and if there aren't bad reactions now then there's no need to try and spark something up.

Stebs, if you check in the Sunday OOP and scores thread in Monte-Carlo board, you will see dylan et. al saying Rafa is a cheater and only won because he threw off Fed's rhythm when he took an injury timeout to get his hand taped up. Which btw, is absolute :bs:

MariaV
04-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Can I just point out that without them, victories like this wouldn't be as sweet, so I'm grateful to them.

:lol: ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigwave: Yeah, that was FUN FUN FUN! :D :D :D

stebs
04-23-2006, 06:35 PM

Yes, I'm sure someone bragged about that before Indian Wells when it was true. Anyway, although Rafa may have a big lead over him in the head to head this was by no means an easy match for Rafa, Roger was 2 points away from taking it to a fifth set. Hardly a thrashing in my book.

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Rafa beating Fed = Better than sex :rocker2:you do know using your hand does not make it sex dont you? :kiss:

World Beater
04-23-2006, 06:36 PM

so i see you have just as much class as that person who was bragging :rolleyes:...why "the eye for an eye" philosophy.

no need to gloat or say roger got owned.

to say he got owned, means you have no respect for federer. He fought hard, give him some props for that.

if you want to have a go at federer because of what he said, i have no argument for it.

but fed's fans for the most part gave nadal utmost respect.

stebs
<----------First off, congratulations to Rafa for winning and continuing to be the only player in the world to pose any kind of threat to Federer.

Stebs, if you check in the Sunday OOP and scores thread in Monte-Carlo board, you will see dylan et. al saying Rafa is a cheater and only won because he threw off Fed's rhythm when he took an injury timeout to get his hand taped up. Which btw, is absolute :bs:
Dylan was saying throughout the match that Rafa was going to win and yes he was pissed off by Rafa taking an injury timeout which is fair enough. I didn't watch the match so I don't know what happened but even you as a fan of Rafa have to admit that it is fairly suspicious to take an injury timeout when you have just lost a set you should have won, just been broken and are on the ropes.

mallorn
why do you even talk to trolls?
there is no hope with some people on this board. Both from some of the rafa fans and the fed fans.

There may be fed fans who despise rafa's game but i dont see anyone not giving him the respect he deserves except a troll or two. ;)

but even then, for a person who abhors nadal's game, prima has given him props for his clay performance. what more do you want?

When nadal wins a hardcourt grandslam, nobody can deny him the respect he deserves.
:lol: I was just teasing PD. ;) I know many RogiFans respect Rafa. :)

rofe
you do know using your hand does not make it sex dont you? :kiss:

:haha: classic! Maybe adee-gee also jerks off on Rafa.

Rogiman
04-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Congratulations for a well deserved victory and for the awesome claycourt streak.

Roger did very well in a tournament he had previously not enjoyed success, and has solidified his status as the 2nd best claycourter.

adee-gee
shutup you idiot. :retard:

why are you making excuses...its not as if rafa is losing the h-h.

be gracious about the win for once. If you can make excuses for one of rafa's losses sure the fedtards are entitled to make excuses as well

:rolleyes:
:haha: I was just pointing out. Like the fact that Rafa's 1st win over Fed was because Federer had a fever. And his RG win was because it was played in pitch black. I can't remember the Dubai excuses, we'll ask Prima Donna or Dirk to come up with some good ones for those Fed losses.

I have no interest in being gracious in victory, my job on this board is solely to wind up Federer fans :angel:

star
I need to repeat myself again??

Looks like Mr. Adee-Gee didn't read the thread but assumed there'd been sour reactions in much the same way I think 'fenomeno' did.

yeah... but what about the insults?

vincayou
No surprise here but Federer is close. Closer than in RG last year. Nadal is the big favourite of any tournament on clay, this match doesn't add anything new.

In a way, as a Fed fan, I'm strangely happy about this result, I was afraid he would get a beating. But now, I know that he can beat Nadal on clay, he sent him to TB in the 4th. Nadal would beat him most of the time, but the important match is in RG.

rofe
04-23-2006, 06:38 PM

Um, I don't consider dylan a true Fed fan. He puts a lot of money on matches and his loyalties are dictated by who he put his money on.

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 06:39 PM
the cavalry has arrived!
time for some heavy duty rafatard - fedtard wars to begin
so who's won the most GS titles then bastards? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/waffen/violent-smiley-017.gif
:haha:

adee-gee
you do know using your hand does not make it sex dont you? :kiss:
Awwwwwwwww are we a little upset about the defeat of the chosen one. Come here you big softie :hug:

stebs
yeah... but what about the insults?
Care to point me in the direction of these insults?? I don't see any.

star

I'm notifying Carla of this right now!! You can't mean better than sex with Carla! :o :o :o :o

Deivid23

Nadal had a big chance to win 2nd set, even had a break point to serve out for a bagel in the 1st set, and should have won this match in 3 easy sets. Add this to his hystorical dominance over Roger and I find OWNED as a very good adjective to describe what my eyes have seen. Learn to deal with that, dude :retard:

adee-gee
04-23-2006, 06:40 PM
:haha: classic! Maybe adee-gee also jerks off on Rafa.
Regularly yes. The cum was flowing during today's match :D

NYCtennisfan
Great win for Rafa. He is truly the king of clay.

Federer seems to raise his level of play when the match seems over. At 2-6, 3-5 down, he raised his play. At two breaks down in the 4th he raised his play. It seems that his game flows freely when he doesn't think he has a shot to win. It's strange.

In any case, those were really good sets contested after the 1st one.

Beforehand
:haha: I was just pointing out. Like the fact that Rafa's 1st win over Fed was because Federer had a fever. And his RG win was because it was played in pitch black. I can't remember the Dubai excuses, we'll ask Prima Donna or Dirk to come up with some good ones for those Fed losses.

I have no interest in being gracious in victory, my job on this board is solely to wind up Federer fans :angel:
Well, there's no denying the fact that Federer was sick the first time.

And the RG win was based on the darkness, I think, but that was DEFINITELY more of a "Too bad Federer doesn't keep his cool and melted down." rather than a "Oh, that Rafa's lucky Fed just played like shit. I mean, Federer even said, "It felt like I would have to beat him twice."

Dubai and this one....He just flat out lost.

World Beater

because one or two fans make excuses, it becomes the viewpoint of the majority, sure :rolleyes:

but hey, at least you are a good sport about it. ;)

Castafiore
Well, Stebs & co,
I'm sick and tired of the silly and stupid excuses some (please note: I used the word SOME) people use to downplay Rafa's ability, to insult him, to make fun of him....but I simply have to get used to it, don't I? MTF was very ugly for Nadal fans after his loss to Blake. What can you do about it? Nothing so it seems.

It's just a minority group of posters (from either player) who have to spoil the fun.

http://i3.tinypic.com/w9fd61.jpg

stebs
04-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Nadal had a big chance to win 2nd set, even had a break point to serve out for a bagel in the 1st set, and should have won this match in 3 easy sets. Add this to his hystorical dominance over Roger and I find OWNED as a very good adjective to describe what my eyes have seen. Learn to deal with that, dude :retard:
So he should have won in three easy sets which means he owned Roger??

That just doesn't add up. I could just as easily say Roger should have won the second set of the Dubai final 6-4 which means he owned Rafa in that match.

You can't base your description of a match on something that didn't happen.

NYCtennisfan
04-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Nadal had a big chance to win 2nd set, even had a break point to serve out for a bagel in the 1st set, and should have won this match in 3 easy sets. Add this to his hystorical dominance over Roger and I find OWNED as a very good adjective to describe what my eyes have seen. Learn to deal with that, dude

There are no "shoulds" in sports. Nadal was the better player today overall, but Federer was a better player at times which allowed him to win a set and almost another.

star

Not to mention how that poster consistently refers to Nadal as "the beast."

adee-gee
I'm notifying Carla of this right now!! You can't mean better than sex with Carla! :o :o :o :o
Nothing beats a Rafa win over Fed ;)

Johnny Groove
Dylan was saying throughout the match that Rafa was going to win and yes he was pissed off by Rafa taking an injury timeout which is fair enough. I didn't watch the match so I don't know what happened but even you as a fan of Rafa have to admit that it is fairly suspicious to take an injury timeout when you have just lost a set you should have won, just been broken and are on the ropes.

I also didnt watch the match, but I read posts of people that were watching and apparently he had the tape since the warm-up. I guess he could have had it retaped or something, i dont know. But all these excuses for "o, X player would have beaten Y player if not for (insert call, racist comment about the similarity of the lineperson and the player, dark conditions, weather problems, choking, streaker on the court, whatever here)" It was a well played match by both of them and I cant wait to see them play again. :yeah:

MariaV
04-23-2006, 06:44 PM
the cavalry has arrived!
time for some heavy duty rafatard - fedtard wars to begin
so who's won the most GS titles then bastards? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/waffen/violent-smiley-017.gif

:lol: Have fun fighting! :wavey:

propi
Congrats Rafa :bounce:
Hope you can win in Roma and Paris once again :bounce:
Take a big rest and get ready for the bigger ones ;)
and please, next time without suffering that much, please :(

stebs
Not to mention how that poster consistently refers to Nadal as "the beast."
I thought that was a compliment. His fans call him the animal and the beast.

star
04-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Care to point me in the direction of these insults?? I don't see any.

You think saying Nadal doesn't play tennis or calling Nadal a beast aren't insults?

vincayou
04-23-2006, 06:45 PM

Tsk, I hate this when people says things like "he should have won in straight". You sounds like Raver talking about a croat player. :)

World Beater
04-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Well, Stebs & co,
I'm sick and tired of the silly and stupid excuses some (please note: I used the word SOME) people use to downplay Rafa's ability, to insult him, to make fun of him....but I simply have to get used to it, don't I? MTF was very ugly for Nadal fans after his loss to Blake. What can you do about it? Nothing so it seems.

It's just a minority group of posters (from either player) who have to spoil the fun.

there are some idiots on this board. but for the majority to adopt a similar viewpoint is really dumb.

Eg.

A federer fan brags.

many of nadals fan's come here and start gloating because of what one fan said.

Corey Feldman
Awwwwwwwww are we a little upset about the defeat of the chosen one. Come here you big softie :hug:awww :hug: now stand still..
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/waffen/violent-smiley-019.gif

stebs
But all these excuses for "o, X player would have beaten Y player if not for (insert call, racist comment about the similarity of the lineperson and the player, dark conditions, weather problems, choking, streaker on the court, whatever here)"

I say it again, these excuses haven't been made. This is match result thread. Search through it. I don't see any of these excuses, do you??

I do agree with you that I can't wait to see these guys play again. What a spectacle and the only match-up which really is a clash of the titans.

Allez
04-23-2006, 06:48 PM
No surprise here but Federer is close. Closer than in RG last year.

How much closer does Roger have to get BEFORE he actually starts winning these matches ? He got "close" in Dubai as well but Rafa won that one as well. That was on Roger's favourite surface no less. If you think taking Nadal to 4 sets is an indication of imminent turn around from Federer, then you're going to be dissapointed. How many times has Roger been taken to 4 sets in Grand slams ? Kiefer seems to always take him to 4 sets, but I wouldn't bet on him turning their H2H around anytime soon.

You'll be saying Roger is getting close until he retires :rolleyes: Rogi needed to win this match to boost his confidence. Now he's in a worse position than before. I'm sorry but I can see no positives in this sad result. :sad: :sad: :sad:

star
I thought that was a compliment. His fans call him the animal and the beast.

No, don't be silly. When Dylan calls him "the beast" he's insulting him.

I havent' seen any Nadal fan calling him "the beast" Perhaps "a beast" and "an animal" on occaision, but that's a totally different thing. And it's particualrly not the same thing when someone doesn't use Nadal's name at all but simply refers to him consistently as "the beastt."

But, you know, have it your own way. Maybe you don't think calling Nadal a pig is an insult either.

stebs
You think saying Nadal doesn't play tennis or calling Nadal a beast aren't insults?
Saying Nadal doesn't play tennis is certainly an insult and not something I like to hear ssaid but I guess that's Prima Donna. I can't say anything about that, t wasn't a very nice thing to say but that's life.

As for the beast I didn't think that was an insult at the time I was reading the OOP & Scores thread but maybe I'm wrong, I didn't post it. Only Dylan knows if it was an insult but I thought it was a compliment to Nadal.

Corey Feldman
:lol: Have fun fighting! :wavey:Shut up idiot :rolleyes:
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/waffen/violent-smiley-045.gif

Allez
04-23-2006, 06:49 PM
No surprise here but Federer is close. Closer than in RG last year.

How much closer does Roger have to get BEFORE he actually starts winning these matches ? He got "close" in Dubai as well but Rafa won that one as well. That was on Roger's favourite surface no less. If you think taking Nadal to 4 sets is an indication of imminent turn around from Federer, then you're going to be dissapointed. How many times has Roger been taken to 4 sets in Grand slams ? Kiefer seems to always take him to 4 sets, but I wouldn't bet on him turning their H2H around anytime soon.

You'll be saying Roger is getting close until he retires :rolleyes: Rogi needed to win this match to boost his confidence. Now he's in a worse position than before. I'm sorry but I can see no positives in this sad result. :sad: :sad: :sad:

adee-gee
awww :hug: now stand still..
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/waffen/violent-smiley-019.gif
:kiss:

It'll be alright son, maybe Rafa will get bored of beating Fed soon and give him a chance :hug:

World Beater

it works both ways...

roger had a break in the third set and had a chance in the 4th set tb to close it out.

Sure nadal had many chances and so did federer.

neither of them took enough of those chances for "ownage" to be possible in this match.

Nadal owns federer in the h-h, no argument. but he didnt get owned in this match.

Johnny Groove
04-23-2006, 06:50 PM
I say it again, these excuses haven't been made. This is match result thread. Search through it. I don't see any of these excuses, do you??

I do agree with you that I can't wait to see these guys play again. What a spectacle and the only match-up which really is a clash of the titans.

I didnt mean in this thread exclusively, I mean in general when one player loses to another and both have a huge gathering of fans. Most fans will be gracious and congratulate the other player, and some :hug: occuring. But there is that small % from both sides that ruin it for everyone.

star
04-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Well, Stebs & co,

awwwwwwwww What a DARLING picture!!

stebs
04-23-2006, 06:51 PM

I havent' seen any Nadal fan calling him "the beast" Perhaps "a beast" and "an animal" on occaision, but that's a totally different thing. And it's particualrly not the same thing when someone doesn't use Nadal's name at all but simply refers to him consistently as "the beastt."

But, you know, have it your own way. Maybe you don't think calling Nadal a pig is an insult either.
Maybe I'm wrong. I have no way of knowing but judging by the context it was used in I thought it was a compliment. E.g. Dylan said:

"Now watch the beast win the next 4 points in a row"

sounds like a good thing to me but I guess it might just be the optimist in me.

Of course, calling Rafa a pig is nothing good and not something I like to see. Fortunetely as I previously stated, the term has not been used in this thread.

mallorn
Well, Stebs & co,

:yeah: It was awful after the Blake loss...and it'll be awful after Rafa's next loss, no matter who he loses to. :o

I love the picture! :hearts:

Corey Feldman
Why is Dylan being put down as a glorious rafatard?
that guy is raw on anyone who's losing him cash :lol:

stebs
04-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Well, Stebs & co,

Rafa looks very happy in the picture and he deserves that trophy. The only bad thing I will say about him is that he might possible need to shave. :p

Johnny Groove
04-23-2006, 06:53 PM
lol, i love this sport. And dont we all sound like politicians?

star
04-23-2006, 06:54 PM
And you bring up the shaving because?

adee-gee
04-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Why is Dylan being put down as a glorious rafatard?
that guy is raw on anyone who's losing him cash :lol:
I think it's known worldwide that Dylan is something of a twat ;)

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 06:55 PM
:kiss:

It'll be alright son, maybe Rafa will get bored of beating Fed soon and give him a chance :hug:but. .. what if big bad Hewitt, Muller and Blakey dont let Rafa play fed in the 2nd week of non-clay slams again :sad:

World Beater
04-23-2006, 06:55 PM
I didnt mean in this thread exclusively, I mean in general when one player loses to another and both have a huge gathering of fans. Most fans will be gracious and congratulate the other player, and some :hug: occuring. But there is that small % from both sides that ruin it for everyone.

you seem to be a part of the small fraction.

you gave federer no chance to win this match in a post i saw from you earlier in the match prediction thread. that post fits easily the definition of a tard.

despite the fact that roger got "owned", he still was in a 4th set TB against the best clay player supposedly playing his best tennis...

star
04-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Maybe I'm wrong. I have no way of knowing but judging by the context it was used in I thought it was a compliment. E.g. Dylan said:

"Now watch the beast win the next 4 points in a row"

sounds like a good thing to me but I guess it might just be the optimist in me.

Of course, calling Rafa a pig is nothing good and not something I like to see. Fortunetely as I previously stated, the term has not been used in this thread.

You're sweet, but it wasn't a compliment.

Maybe that's why you don't see other insults.

shotgun
04-23-2006, 06:57 PM

Coria called him a 'beast' after Friday's match. I don't think he meant to insult him.

adee-gee
but. .. what if big bad Hewitt, Muller and Blakey dont let Rafa play fed in the 2nd week of non-clay slams again :sad:
That would be rather cruel of them....but I can cope with that, as long as Rafa keeps beating Fed ;)

soraya
Again I will say this.

You are right. I have not heard yet a gracious winner in here. Anyways, congratulations to the king, but the emperor is still in his throne.

stebs
I thought it was an astute observation. :p

star
you seem to be a part of the small fraction.

you gave federer no chance to win this match in a post i saw from you earlier in the match prediction thread. that post fits easily the definition of a tard.

despite the fact that roger got "owned", he still was in a 4th set TB against the best clay player supposedly playing his best tennis...

Who said Nadal was playing his best tennis? I hadn't seen this before.

I would be surprised if double faulting on set point is Nadal's best tennis.

jenanun
04-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Nadal has won fair and square. He is a terror to play, but he doesn't play tennis.

just curious. you mentioned several time that nadal is not playing tennis..

so what is YOUR definition of tennis?????

i thought as long as there are 2 players hitting a tennis ball with a tennis racquet in a tennis court with a net in the middle separating the 2 players, you can call them playing tennis, no? :confused:

World Beater

thats the only bad thing stebs can say about nadal.

star
I thought it was an astute observation. :p

And not at all snarky. :p

stebs
04-23-2006, 06:59 PM
And not at all snarky. :p
Not at all ;)

star
04-23-2006, 07:00 PM
thats the only bad thing stebs can say about nadal.

Oh, I'm sure stebs has quite a few bad things he would like to say about Nadal, but he's far too polite and well brought up. :)

adee-gee

i thought as long as there are 2 players hitting a tennis ball with a tennis racquet in a tennis court with a net in the middle separating the 2 players, you can call them playing tennis, no? :confused:
Wrong...Unless they play the way Prima Donna likes them to play, it is not tennis.

World Beater

I would be surprised if double faulting on set point is Nadal's best tennis.

either latenista or connectolove

best tennis refers to a standard of tennis throughout a match, not a particular point.

i am not saying nadal was playing his best, but using the words of someone, presumably a rafa fan who watched the match

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 07:01 PM
nothing wrong with being called "the beast"
if its good enough for Max Mirnyi, then its good enough for the pig.

:haha: :bolt:

star
04-23-2006, 07:02 PM

No no no..... How can you be so silly. I can't believe that Nadal is even allowed on the courts because running to the ball and hitting the ball and putting spin on the ball and putting it in a place your opponent doesn't like to hit it can't be playing tennis. :lol: :lol:

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Wrong...Unless they play the way Prima Donna likes them to play, it is not tennis.correct..
its squash!!

stebs
Oh, I'm sure stebs has quite a few bad things he would like to say about Nadal, but he's far too polite and well brought up. :)

Maybe in a couple of year if Nadal beats Federer to make the H-2-H something like 50-1 I will split and suddenly a tirade of rude insults will insue leaving the rest of MTF severely shocked.

No, but seriously I don't dislike Rafa, just because Federer is one of my fave 3 (Gasquet and Gaudio being the others) does not mean I have to dislike Rafa. I like good tennis and contrary to many others I believe the tennis Nadal plays is enjoyable to watch. It is true I would be overjoyed if Federer were to find a way to overcome Nadal on clay but if he doesn't I will have to sit back and applaud the boy from Mallorca.

A_Skywalker
but. .. what if big bad Hewitt, Muller and Blakey dont let Rafa play fed in the 2nd week of non-clay slams again :sad:

He will have many years to learn how to play in Grand Slams so dont worry about that

star
nothing wrong with being called "the beast"
if its good enough for Max Mirnyi, then its good enough for the pig.

:haha: :bolt:

I knew there would be a fed fan who couldn't resist.

But, I'm sure you don't mean that as an insult. :rolleyes:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Non-Tennis beats Old-School Tennis. :rolls:

There's no chance that Big Fat Feddy will win Roland Garros.
Prepare for the Wimby final where you'll get it up the arse, fedclown-:)

Allez
04-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Wow the title of this thread is so multi dimensional. Everytime I look there's a new twist to it.

star
04-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Maybe in a couple of year if Nadal beats Federer to make the H-2-H something like 50-1 I will split and suddenly a tirade of rude insults will insue leaving the rest of MTF severely shocked.

No, but seriously I don't dislike Rafa, just because Federer is one of my fave 3 (Gasquet and Gaudio being the others) does not mean I have to dislike Rafa. I like good tennis and contrary to many others I believe the tennis Nadal plays is enjoyable to watch. It is true I would be overjoyed if Federer were to find a way to overcome Nadal on clay but if he doesn't I will have to sit back and applaud the boy from Mallorca.

If he shaves. :p

:hug:

World Beater
I knew there would be a fed fan who couldn't resist.

But, I'm sure you don't mean that as an insult. :rolleyes:

you totally miseed the point :rolleyes:

stebs
If he shaves. :p

:hug:
:yeah:

Black Adam
04-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Prima Donna is a total Nutcase who lives in his own conformist world , he can't doesn't care about any other style apart from Cheesy's, he can't accept differences that happen to exist in the game. Anyways what can he do if Rafa has a tougher game than Fed.

adee-gee
04-23-2006, 07:07 PM
correct..
its squash!!
Calling Nadal's game squash is surely too complimentary. It's really painful on the eye, I struggle to see how anyone could like him.

A_Skywalker
04-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Wow the title of this thread is so multi dimensional. Everytime I look there's a new twist to it.

Yeah , I am feeling great and I will change it one more time if you want ?

Deivid23
04-23-2006, 07:08 PM
There are no "shoulds" in sports. Nadal was the better player today overall, but Federer was a better player at times which allowed him to win a set and almost another.

Nadal was the better player by far and I only can but laugh when you say Federer raised his level and that´s why he won a set. Yes, he was pretty flawless at those 2 double faults, netcord, and awful dropshot Nadal made when trying to serve out the set. ROFL at all your excuses, keep them coming fellas ;)

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 07:09 PM
and what was this shite of Nadal when Fed was DOMINATING him at 2-6 7-6 1*-0 ..
finger blister time out or something pfft..
i seen it, he asked the trainer to pull his finger then farted in Fed's direction...
totally put Fed off and that was why he won
unreal :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Deivid23
04-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Tsk, I hate this when people says things like "he should have won in straight". You sounds like Raver talking about a croat player. :)

Just my opinion, sorry :hug:

stebs
04-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Nadal was the better player by far and I only can but laugh when you say Federer raised his level and that´s why he won a set. Yes, he was pretty flawless at those 2 double faults, netcord, and awful dropshot Nadal made when trying to serve out the set. ROFL at all your excuses, keep them coming ;)
This reply is really stupid. You are being hypocritical, you are making excuses your self for why Rafa deserves to have "owned" Federer in the match.

So by your logic if Rafa had double faulted and bad net corded his way to defeat he would still have owned Roger in the match??

adee-gee
04-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Non-Tennis beats Old-School Tennis. :rolls:

Prepare for the Wimby final where you'll get it up the arse, fedclown-:)
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Prepare for the Wimby final where you'll get it up the arse, fedclown-:)lol
your mam is gonna spank your arse and send you to bed without your dinner for talk like that kid :lol:

MariaV
04-23-2006, 07:13 PM
i seen it, he asked the trainer to pull his finger then farted in Fed's direction...
:worship: :worship: :worship: :yeah: :yeah:
OK, I'm off so I'll leave fighting for others here. Ciao! :wavey:

Deivid23
04-23-2006, 07:14 PM

Roger should thank God he wasn´t served a bagel as Nadal deserved to have served him :hug:

A_Skywalker
04-23-2006, 07:15 PM
OK, I'm off so I'll leave fighting for others here. Ciao! :wavey:

Im also going out , Ciao :)

Deivid23
04-23-2006, 07:16 PM
This reply is really stupid. You are being hypocritical, you are making excuses your self for why Rafa deserves to have "owned" Federer in the match.

So by your logic if Rafa had double faulted and bad net corded his way to defeat he would still have owned Roger in the match??

You don´t have a clue, honey, heal your wounds :hug:

MisterQ
04-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Wow, the tesseract has been defeated again. :eek:

Congrats, Nadal, this is really a remarkable streak on clay. :yeah:

Allez
04-23-2006, 07:17 PM
Yeah , I am feeling great and I will change it one more time if you want ?

Yes please lord vader. Something interesting this time though :rolleyes:

stebs
04-23-2006, 07:17 PM

Roger should thank God he wasn´t served a bagel as Nadal deserved to have served him :hug:
In what way did he "deserve" to bagel him. If he had deserved it he would have done it.

adee-gee
04-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Disgusting wasn't it *shakes head*

stebs
04-23-2006, 07:18 PM
You don´t have a clue, honey, heal your wounds :hug:
I should have expected a reply like this. It is often the way that when people cannot find a legitimate response they try to bow out of the conversation in another way to save dignity.

adee-gee
04-23-2006, 07:20 PM
In what way did he "deserve" to bagel him. If he had deserved it he would have done it.
Not necessarily, Tottenham "deserved" to beat Arsenal yesterday but they didn't :shrug:

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Not necessarily, Tottenham "deserved" to beat Arsenal yesterday but they didn't :shrug::haha:
not according to arsey wenger, you bunch of blind cheating filthy liars lol

World Beater
04-23-2006, 07:23 PM

this is really quite over the top...

yep nadal raised his level everytime federer was up 40-15 and lost serve...it goes both ways.

everytime federer hit a ball into the net on a neutral rally, it was nadal who raised his game.

according to your logic, nadal should thank somebody that he isnt good enough to even play roger on grass yet or else he would get served not one, but multiple bagels on grass.

adee-gee
04-23-2006, 07:26 PM
not according to arsey wenger, you bunch of blind cheating filthy liars lol
Arsene Wenger sleeps with kids, his opinion is not valued.

Anyway, let's stop going off topic.

RAFA OWNS FED! :D

stebs
04-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Not necessarily, Tottenham "deserved" to beat Arsenal yesterday but they didn't :shrug:
Yes but in football you can play very well and your opponent can play badly and it can end 0-0 because the match has a time-limit.

In tennis each point has a winner which makes thing very different.

MariaV
04-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Oh, football talk. The green green grass.... :smoke:
Just wait till Wimbledon, Rafa said his tennis dream is to win Wimbledon so be scared Fedtards! ;) :D :D

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 07:29 PM
RAFA OWNS FED! :Dwhat can i say..
squash is no the chosen one's, chosen sport
:lol:
and being put off by a farting pig does not help :rolleyes:

MariaV
04-23-2006, 07:30 PM
what can i say..
squash is no the chosen one's, chosen sport
and being put off by a farting pig does not help :rolleyes:
:yawn: And this is all you can come up with? :yawn:

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Rafa said his tennis dream is to win Wimbledon so be scared Rafatards!if Rafa even dreams of winning wimbledon he better wake up and apologize to Federer.

Deivid23
04-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Anyway, let's stop going off topic.

RAFA OWNS FED! :D

I have quite a bad connection in this hotel and pages load are eternal, aren´t there any funny excuses from blind Fed fans for today´s loss? ;)

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 07:35 PM
:yawn: And this is all you can come up with? :yawn:wernt you going out like 5 times already? :retard:

adee-gee
04-23-2006, 07:35 PM
I have quite a bad connection in this hotel and pages load are eternal, isn´t there any funny excuses from blind Fed fans for today´s loss? ;)
I think most of them are still drowning their sorrows ;)

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-23-2006, 07:36 PM

Federer is the world no.1, ok?
Rafa is the most entertaining player to watch.

Just imagine if Rafa had the serve of Federer, but he doesn't yet still gives him a spanking.
Federer just can't defend all the points he has won and soon he'll lose the no.1 spot.:wavey: So be happy Fedmorons, Fed's era is being killed.

prima donna
04-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Indeed, the boy has performed quite well today (or Roger has underperformed).

There are two ways to look at this situation.

One could look at with the perspective of Roger had 18 BP opportunities and only converted 4, also the fact that Roger has close to 80 UFE, yet somehow found himself in a 4th set tiebreak. There are many theories, concepts, not to mention plenty of speculation that could surround the actions of Nadal throughout this match.

However, fact of the matter is this.

Nadal won, wasn't pretty, he had a lot of help, but as usual (Especially on clay) he's won. For some reason it's a major match up problem for Roger, surely the Spaniard isn't capable of comparing to the Swiss Gentleman when it comes to GS' (outside of Clay) and all around play, he is rather one dimensional.

Just ask James Blake, but what is most tragic about this situation is how Nadal is suddenly a favorite of everyone because well ... Roger abuses their favorites and thus, Lose Roger. Lose.

A pity.

1 GS.
2 MS.
1 MS Runner up.

A sad year he's having, but then again the majority on this board choose to behave like animals. Children will be children, a leopard never changes it's spots.

adee-gee
04-23-2006, 07:37 PM
wernt you going out like 5 times already? :retard:
Oooh someone's cage has been rattled :help:

mallorn
this is really quite over the top...
It's difficult to comment on a match I haven't seen yet ;) but from watching the SB I would definitely agree with you. I never had the feeling Rafa would bagel Roger and once Rafa failed to serve out the second set and went on to lose it the momentum changed so much I actually thought he'd lose the match. It was very tight, and it didn't surprise me that Roger came back from 0-3 in the fourth. I mean, it's Roger we're talking about. :hatoff: What surprised me was the result of the second TB. Both players must have been very nervous, so many mini breaks. :eek: I can't wait to see the replay of the match.

Betty
i think, when the players are so good...all is a head game....Roger has wrong tatic, Rafa has a very strong head

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 07:38 PM
isn´t there any funny excuses from blind Fed fans for today´s loss? ;)No, coz if they are blind, they didnt see it

shotgun
04-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Arsene Wenger sleeps with kids, his opinion is not valued.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-23-2006, 07:40 PM
:lol: Nadal forced Federer to hit UE's, he isn't patient that's his problem.

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Oooh someone's cage has been rattled :help:Not really :confused:
dont confuse me with little delicate tinkerbell rafa fan who gets rattled when the chosen one or his fans dont suck rafa's ass and say he's the best player ever
:smooch:

Betty
04-23-2006, 07:46 PM
ciao Mike :smooch: missed u

World Beater
04-23-2006, 07:47 PM
It's difficult to comment on a match I haven't seen yet ;) but from watching the SB I would definitely agree with you. I never had the feeling Rafa would bagel Roger and once Rafa failed to serve out the second set and went on to lose it the momentum changed so much I actually thought he'd lose the match. It was very tight, and it didn't surprise me that Roger came back from 0-3 in the fourth. I mean, it's Roger we're talking about. :hatoff: What surprised me was the result of the second TB. Both players must have been very nervous, so many mini breaks. :eek: I can't wait to see the replay of the match.

no, there was a distince possibility that rafa would bagel roger in the first set.

but what deivid was implying was due to rafa's mercy, he didnt didnt embarass federer.

when in reality, he was staring a fifth set.

I unlike a lot people think that this is real progress for roger. He was closer than he ever has been to beating nadal on clay.

I just hope for fans of tennis that he doesnt get discouraged, and that we can see some more great battles. But federer doesnt have much more to achieve, and this may be the final hurdle for him to achieve true greatness.

adee-gee
04-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Not really :confused:
dont confuse me with little delicate tinkerbell rafa fan who gets rattled when the chosen one or his fans dont suck rafa's ass and say he's the best player ever
:smooch:
I must confess I'm not sure whether you're talking about me or someone else :scratch:

World Beater
04-23-2006, 07:50 PM
:lol: Nadal forced Federer to hit UE's, he isn't patient that's his problem.

omg...thats the first, serious, intelligent thing you said in this thread.

a sign the apocalypse is coming.

:scared:

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 07:55 PM
:lol: Nadal forced Federer to hit UE's, he isn't patient that's his problem.so, thats no different from what Nadal does to everyone on clay, thats why he's the best on the surface... great speed and retrieving shots, Fed actually did well to give little lord Fauntleroy a solid match like that, when was the last time anyone got remotely close to winning 2 sets v Rafa on clay, even the rare matches when he's lost a set, he's pounded the victim for it (d.Gaudio 5-7 6-1 6-1) yesterday.

ciao Mike :smooch: missed usame :kiss: i really should use MSN or something for once :o

nobama
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
I have quite a bad connection in this hotel and pages load are eternal, aren´t there any funny excuses from blind Fed fans for today´s loss? ;)IS that all you care about? :retard: Besides what wouldn't be an excuse to you? No matter what anyone says you'd still say it was an excuse and Rafa wasn't getting the proper credit. :rolleyes:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-23-2006, 07:59 PM
so, thats no different from what Nadal does to everyone on clay, thats why he's the best on the surface... great speed and retrieving shots, Fed actually did well to give little lord Fauntleroy a solid match like that, when was the last time anyone got remotely close to winning 2 sets v Rafa on clay, even the rare matches when he's lost a set, he's pounded the victim for it (d.Gaudio 5-7 6-1 6-1) yesterday.

same :kiss: i really should use MSN or something for once :o
Well, now imagine he'd hit flatter, he'd make as many errors ad Federer. He has to change his game for fasters surfaces, yet he beats Federer on hardcourt. Wait till he changes his gamestyle, he'll improve his game step by step and then I can't imagine that someone will beat him. :wavey:

nobama
04-23-2006, 08:00 PM

So by your logic if Rafa had double faulted and bad net corded his way to defeat he would still have owned Roger in the match?? :worship: They can't wait to come here to see what "excuses" Fed fans have and then come up with many of their own as to why Roger wasn't routed in straights. :rolleyes:

mallorn
04-23-2006, 08:01 PM
I unlike a lot people think that this is real progress for roger. He was closer than he ever has been to beating nadal on clay.
Again, from just watching the SB, I agree.
I just hope for fans of tennis that he doesnt get discouraged, and that we can see some more great battles. But federer doesnt have much more to achieve, and this may be the final hurdle for him to achieve true greatness.
I can't imagine Roger getting discouraged, he's too ambitious and has too much belief in his talent for that. He knows he was close today. I can only imagine how angry he must be with himself for blowing that second TB. I think sooner or later he'll beat Rafa on clay. I just hope it's not this year's RG final. ;)

nobama
04-23-2006, 08:03 PM

I would be surprised if double faulting on set point is Nadal's best tennis.Excuses, excuses. :lol:

dylan24
04-23-2006, 08:04 PM
coria called nadal a beast.
that is where i got that from.

artlinkletter
04-23-2006, 08:04 PM
*sigh*. I promised myself I would not come on this board for the next couple of days, regardless of who won. All this arguing, name calling, finger pointing, is so juvenile. Nadal won, Roger lost. The sun will come out tomorrow folks.

I'm just greatful that Roger got another look at Nadal's game so that in their next meetings, he can prepare himself better because he will be familiar with Nadal's game. He wanted to gain more experience on clay, and by playing the best on clay at the moment, he got his chance.

Hopefully now, people will stop complaining about tennis being so boring because of Roger's dominance. Why can't we just enjoy the damn sport rather than bickering about uselessness.

MariaV
04-23-2006, 08:10 PM
*sigh*. I promised myself I would not come on this board for the next couple of days, regardless of who won. All this arguing, name calling, finger pointing, is so juvenile. Nadal won, Roger lost. The sun will come out tomorrow folks.

I'm just greatful that Roger got another look at Nadal's game so that in their next meetings, he can prepare himself better because he will be familiar with Nadal's game. He wanted to gain more experience on clay, and by playing the best on clay at the moment, he got his chance.

Hopefully now, people will stop complaining about tennis being so boring because of Roger's dominance. Why can't we just enjoy the damn sport rather than bickering about uselessness.

Great post, but bickering is just so fun. ;)

MariaV
04-23-2006, 08:11 PM
wernt you going out like 5 times already? :retard:
It's just too much fun here. ;) :wavey:

MariaV
04-23-2006, 08:16 PM
I think most of them are still drowning their sorrows ;)
I hope they don't need to get on suicide watch tomorrow morning after waking up to the reality. ;)

daze11
04-23-2006, 08:16 PM
just got back & watched the rest on video....though wasnt much to watch!! good fight from nadal--fed made 78 UE to rafa's 39 and converted only 4/18 break pts to rafa's 7 of 14! so whether or not roger played well, nadal was still the better pressure fighter clearly today! :hatoff:

MariaV
04-23-2006, 08:17 PM
:hatoff: Right conclusions Daze! :D

Black Adam
04-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Some of you haven't understood that Coria was using a metaphor when he called Nadal a Beast.....go back to school instead of making a whole issue about it.

Black Adam
04-23-2006, 08:23 PM
I hope they don't need to get on suicide watch tomorrow morning after waking up to the reality. ;)
Dirk will be one to watch if Fed fails at Wimbledon.

ChloeLove
04-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Wow. This was a great match, that forehand Rafa hit to win the match was crazy. Definitely the best match i've seen so far. Even though Federer lost, his clay game has clearly improved from last year at RG.

Rafa won today because he was better than Federer in all aspects, just look at the stats. It's entertaining to see the fedtards contradicting themeselves in post after post, but that's to be expected, he lost right?

Rafa is the king of clay, I hope he surpasses Vilas record. I look forward to seeing the results of all the upcoming clay tourni's. Rafa :yeah:

Rafa = Fed Killa
04-23-2006, 08:26 PM
At least some of the Fed fans give credit to Nadal like Mirka, Stebs.

The Fedtards might be in a corner of some street crying themselves to sleep. :devil:

star
04-23-2006, 08:28 PM
coria called nadal a beast.
that is where i got that from.

Oh please!

He didn't call Nadal "the beast." I think even you know the difference.

star
04-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Excuses, excuses. :lol:

Out of your psychiatrist's office so soon?

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Ohhhhh .. are you gonna take that Mirkaland!!?

Oneofakind0490
04-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Rogi:sad:

Congrats Nadal. Your jsut great and give Roger a tough time.

BEat him please next time Fed.

jenanun
04-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Nadal was the better player by far and I only can but laugh when you say Federer raised his level and that´s why he won a set. Yes, he was pretty flawless at those 2 double faults, netcord, and awful dropshot Nadal made when trying to serve out the set. ROFL at all your excuses, keep them coming fellas ;)

yes i agree on that. federer didnt win the 2nd set, nadal just gave that away to him...

bandabou
04-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Wow....so Nadal is really becoming the Fed-streak stopper....stopped his HC-winning streak, now stops his masters winning streak. Ouch.

dkw
04-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Out of your psychiatrist's office so soon?
:haha: :haha: :haha: No, seeing it's Sunday she had a quickiee phone intervention instead.

El Legenda
04-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Roger is still 10 times better than Nadal :wavey: Nadal just got lucky 4 times.

star
04-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Roger is still 10 times better than Nadal :wavey: Nadal just got lucky 4 times.

Ok.

J. Corwin
04-23-2006, 09:06 PM
I was too ambivalent about putting vcash on Rafa. :bigcry:

tangerine_dream
04-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Trophies pics :cool:

World Beater
04-23-2006, 09:14 PM
yes i agree on that. federer didnt win the 2nd set, nadal just gave that away to him...

so everytime fed makes a mistake in a neutral rally, he gave the point away.

thats like saying nadal won because of federer's errors and not his own play.

nice logic. :rolleyes:

star
04-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Nadal and Federer look so ... fraught in that picture.... and then there's Prince Albert. :o

star
04-23-2006, 09:17 PM
so everytime fed makes a mistake in a neutral rally, he gave the point away.

thats like saying nadal won because of federer's errors and not his own play.

nice logic. :rolleyes:

Or you could look at like this: Nadal choked when he was serving for the second set because he double faulted twice. That's kind of the sign of a choke.

But nice way to try to twist it.

Tennis Fool
04-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Naah, where are all the Fedtards now? Hidden in their cupboards or behind their sofads? :D :D :D Haha! Or weeping from rage like their God? ;)

I love this wee kid! Rafa is simply incredible!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship:
Right here :bigcry:

World Beater
04-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Or you could look at like this: Nadal choked when he was serving for the second set because he double faulted twice. That's kind of the sign of a choke.

But nice way to try to twist it.

No, there is no twisting.

missing routine forehands is the same as missing a routine second serve.

nobama
04-23-2006, 09:24 PM
yes i agree on that. federer didnt win the 2nd set, nadal just gave that away to him...Excuses, excuses. :rolleyes:

nobama
04-23-2006, 09:28 PM
At least some of the Fed fans give credit to Nadal like Mirka, Stebs.

The Fedtards might be in a corner of some street crying themselves to sleep. :devil:Well it's sometimes hard to give him credit because nothing one says is considered proper credit or it's just called 'making excuses'.

The positive thing to come from this match is Roger increased his lead in the rankings over Rafa and everyone else and is once again over 7,000 pts. Nice when you can lose and get even further ahead of the pack. :lol:

Gonzo Hates Me!
04-23-2006, 09:31 PM
omigooooooood. i wasn't even aware they were in a final together! wow. Federer. Nadal is killing you. You need to beat him Roger!

Congrats Rafa!

Iheartandy&roger
04-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Way to go Rafa, nice tennis today. Always love watching these two collide such great tennis.

star
04-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Well it's sometimes hard to give him credit because nothing one says is considered proper credit or it's just called 'making excuses'.

The positive thing to come from this match is Roger increased his lead in the rankings over Rafa and everyone else and is once again over 7,000 pts. Nice when you can lose and get even further ahead of the pack. :lol:

I'm sorry you can't think of how to give "proper credit." Here's how.. You can just cut and paste it.

Congratulations Rafael. You were the better player on the day

See? That's not so hard.

MariaV
04-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Well it's sometimes hard to give him credit because nothing one says is considered proper credit or it's just called 'making excuses'.

Mirkaland, I give you credit. :D And seriously speaking it was really great tennis from both most of the time. Worthy of the Gande Finale. :worship: :yeah:

nobama
04-23-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm sorry you can't think of how to give "proper credit." Here's how.. You can just cut and paste it.

Congratulations Rafael. You were the better player on the day

See? That's not so hard.I already did that in my first post many pages back. I said the better player won today. :rolleyes:

MariaV
04-23-2006, 09:39 PM
I already did that in my first post many pages back. I said the better player won today. :rolleyes:
I can verify that. :yeah:

star
04-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey, babe. You were the one who said you didn't know how to give him proper credit.

But, I read your posts about how Roger was so nervous that he couldn't play his game. :)

World Beater
04-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey, babe. You were the one who said you didn't know how to give him proper credit.

But, I read your posts about how Roger was so nervous that he couldn't play his game. :)

why are you such a selective reader.

you dont see the crap nadal fans post.

anyways, whatever suits you.

Corey Feldman
04-23-2006, 09:45 PM
The positive thing to come from this match is Roger increased his lead in the rankings over Rafa And he has a zero-pointer in Rome in a few weeks :)
but will be brutal defending all the way, after that!

star
04-23-2006, 09:46 PM

Why are you so upset?

World Beater
04-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Why are you so upset?

im not upset. stop making judgments and answer the question. why are you trying to stray off topic by inquiring about my state of mind.

MariaV
04-23-2006, 09:49 PM

Sorry I'm off topic too but it's too much fun to post some crap here today. ;)
I hope I can be forgiven. :o

star
04-23-2006, 09:52 PM
It was an inquiry?

I don't understand what you are talking about.

star
04-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Sorry I'm off topic too but it's too much fun to post some crap here today. ;)
I hope I can be forgiven. :o

Maybe I will have to burn a candle. :)

Alexiana
04-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Trophies pic :cool:

musefanatic
04-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Well done Nadal :) I thought Fed would do it, I really did but Ndal just has the edge on clay. Look forward to the French :) :)

World Beater
04-23-2006, 09:58 PM
It was an inquiry?

I don't understand what you are talking about.

you asked me why i was upset...

i.e. you were inquiring about my state of mind.

its not important.

but enjoy the spoils of victory. whatever gloating that you feel entitled to.

you still havent answered my question quite conveniently. but maybe you dont have a good answer and thats why

Clara Bow
04-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Whew...it has been noisy in here. ;)

My thoughts on the match today.

* Nadal finally started to come to form- i.e. more like 2005. He seemed the most comfortable on clay that he has so far this toruney.
* Feds is getting better and better on clay. He is to me the second best player right now by far on this surface. I still think he is the best tennis player overall than Nadal- but I do think Nadal is better on clay. Regardless, Nadal does not "own" Federer and I don't think Rafa thinks he does.
* Feds has a good strategy now with going mid-court and to the net.
* Nadal was much better at being aggresive than he has been earlier in this toruney (outside of his last two sets against Gaudio.)
* Nadal is a fighter- man, he is hard to beat on this surface- refuses to lay over.
* In regards to the infamous injury time out- I don't think it was gamesmanship. His blister seemed to be bugging him for a while, I was frankly waiting for rewrap at any time. One thing I have noticed about Nadal is that he is very internal when he plays. So I think when something bugs him, he will call for a trainer. Granted, sometimes it may not be at the best time for an opponent- but I don't think he does it to effect his opponent. I think it is an internal as opposed to external motivation.
* Nadal is the only player that really makes Feds cry out a lot and even today, make gasping noises when he runs for a shot.
* Even when Feds is yelling out and making noises while running- he does not sweat.
* Both players players played some fantastic points.
* It was a great match.

There has been a lot of squabbling lately between the two camps of fans. To me- in honesty, it can get irritating. But - it is also kind of neat to see- because frankly, this is the first real rivalry that we have seen in tennis for several years. I think it is good for the game.

NYCtennisfan
04-23-2006, 10:05 PM
My thoughts on the match today.

* Nadal finally started to come to form- i.e. more like 2005. He seemed the most comfortable on clay that he has so far this toruney.
* Feds is getting better and better on clay. He is to me the second best player right now by far on this surface. I still think he is the best tennis player overall than Nadal- but I do think Nadal is better on clay. Regardless, Nadal does not "own" Federer and I don't think Rafa thinks he does.
* Feds has a good strategy now with going mid-court and to the net.
* Nadal was much better at being aggresive than he has been earlier in this toruney (outside of his last two sets against Gaudio.)
* Nadal is a fighter- man, he is hard to beat on this surface- refuses to lay over.
* In regards to the infamous injury time out- I don't think it was gamesmanship. His blister seemed to be bugging him for a while, I was frankly waiting for rewrap at any time. One thing I have noticed about Nadal is that he is very internal when he plays. So I think when something bugs him, he will call for a trainer. Granted, sometimes it may not be at the best time for an opponent- but I don't think he does it to effect his opponent. I think it is an internal as opposed to external motivation.
* Nadal is the only player that really makes Feds cry out a lot and even today, make gasping noises when he runs for a shot.
* Even when Feds is yelling out and making noises while running- he does not sweat.
* Both players players played some fantastic points.
* It was a great match.

There has been a lot of squabbling lately between the two camps of fans. To me- in honesty, it can get irritating. But - it is also kind of neat to see- because frankly, this is the first real rivalry that we have seen in tennis for several years. I think it is good for the game.

Great post. :)