It's A Girl [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

It's A Girl

WhataQT
04-23-2006, 04:39 AM
It's A Girl: McEnroes Welcome Daughter

Photo By Susan Mullane By Tennis Week
04/22/2006

The McEnroe family welcomed a new addition to the world on Friday afternoon. U.S. Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe and wife Melissa Errico are the proud parents of a baby girl. Errico, a singer and actress, gave birth to the couple's first child in a New York City hospital shortly after 4 p.m.

The baby girl, who has not yet been named, weighed in at about eight pounds.

A few hours after the baby's birth, ecstatic grandparents John McEnroe, Sr. and Kay McEnroe were congratulated by well wishers attending the 19th annual Eastern Tennis Hall of Famer Dinner staged at The Racquet and Tennis Club in midtown Manhattan.

McEnroe, who met his future wife while she was in kindergarten, was inducted into the Eastern Tennis Hall of Fame in 2004. He missed the United States' Davis Cup quarterfinal victory over Chile earlier this month to stay home by his wife's side during the final stages of her pregnancy.

MisterQ
04-23-2006, 04:43 AM
congrats Patrick and Melissa!

gusman890
04-23-2006, 04:46 AM
good luck to both of them.

lol lets see which side of the family (John or Pat) produces the best tennis player, if the kids ever wanna learn

artlinkletter
04-23-2006, 05:31 AM
McEnroe, who met his future wife while she was in kindergarten, was inducted into the Eastern Tennis Hall of Fame in 2004. He missed the United States' Davis Cup quarterfinal victory over Chile earlier this month to stay home by his wife's side during the final stages of her pregnancy.
Holy cow! That's a long time. What is the age difference between the two?

NATAS81
04-23-2006, 05:37 AM
Congrats to Sir Patrick :hatoff:

Deboogle!.
04-23-2006, 06:14 AM
Holy cow! That's a long time. What is the age difference between the two?She just turned 36, he's 39, gonna be 40 in july, so... not that big a difference. That's really cute if they've known each other that long.

artlinkletter
04-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Wow, that's pretty cool. I must say though, he looks older than 39. Congrats to them btw.

dkw
04-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Wow, that's pretty cool. I must say though, he looks older than 39. Congrats to them btw.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I thought maybe this was a child from a second marriage or something b/c surly his first wife would be too old to have kids... guess I was wrong.

joyk
04-23-2006, 12:12 PM
She just turned 36, he's 39, gonna be 40 in july, so... not that big a difference. That's really cute if they've known each other that long.
I`m relieved that there`s only a three years difference, when I read that he met her when she was in kindergarten I thought he did one of those Woody Allen "grow your own wife" thing.

Gulliver
04-23-2006, 12:17 PM
What's the Eastern Hall of Fame? Is there one for North, South, West, Central, North by North West etc.?????

LaTenista
04-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Congrats to the McEnroe family!