The * Beat 'Em All in Barca, David* Cheering Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The * Beat 'Em All in Barca, David* Cheering Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Sue
04-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Nearly time for Barcelona so lets hope David can build on his great start to the season and win the title here!
He'll have lots of support......a few of us even from this very forum!
I'm off to pack for Barca, so will be in touch asap with any news/reports/pics. be good while I'm gone! ;-)
Sue x

LaTenista
04-23-2006, 01:08 AM
Thanks Sue! I'll look forward to hearing about the tournament.

Vamos David - I want to :drink: my Spanish wine so please let's win this title.

Fergie
04-23-2006, 01:17 AM
Vamos David! :bounce:

*Ljubica*
04-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Nearly time for Barcelona so lets hope David can build on his great start to the season and win the title here!
He'll have lots of support......a few of us even from this very forum!
I'm off to pack for Barca, so will be in touch asap with any news/reports/pics. be good while I'm gone! ;-)
Sue x
I'm more worried about YOU being good without us to keep an eye on you ;) : Have loads of fun sweetie - you deserve it - and don't forget to text me with all the gossip!!!! Btw - Melanie is already in Barca - I heard from her last night and she's looking forward to seeing you very soon :hug:

Sue
04-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks Ros...just popped in to say *Adios amigas* before I set off on my travels.
I promise to text you with any news, and am looking forward to meeting up with Mel again.
Take care and will post when I can,
Besos, Sue xxxx

FerrersLinda
04-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Have a great time Sue!

alisia
04-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Hola from Barcelona. No sittings of David yet but I have seen Feli win & Carlos lose :( I did nearly flatten Davydenko when I was going to collect my tickets thou!!

See you all later

Ali

*Ljubica*
04-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi alisia :wavey: Have fun in Barca :)

alisia
04-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Just checked David plays tomorrow & I have tickets for the second row on the service line the perfect place to take loads of photos! :devil: If Murray plays like he did today David will win 6-1 6-1 he only won because the guy he was playing got cramp & couldn´t jump to serve let allown run!!

Fergie
04-25-2006, 02:49 AM
Vamos David!!! :bounce:

FerrersLinda
04-25-2006, 06:28 PM
David just won his 2nd round match against Murray. 4-6, 7-6, 6-1
Chica's on the scene, what was it like? Seemed like a hard-fought match on the SB.

Next round Stanislas Wawrinka.

*Ljubica*
04-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Well done David :bigclap: I was truly not impressed to get home from work and find the ghastly Murray had taken the first set :devil: Well done David for turning it around!!

RogiFan88
04-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Wow, what a match! Good to see David toughed it out vs. the Wee Andrew [or as I prefer to call him "Wee Dunblane Haggis" :tape:]!

alisia
04-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Hola :wavey:

Sorry I didn´t post last night only my fella had to go & find a bar showing the football after I made him stay late at the tennis it was about 9.30 local time, but that was because David took for ever to win! The match was not pretty I dread to think what his 1st serve percentage was & the number of unforced errors. The later was due to Murray he played very good for 2 sets & to be fair he should have probably won he did serve for it at 6-5 in the second but got broke back to love & from then on David steam rollered him. I got loads of photos which I will post when I get back home on Sunday a couple show how annoyed he was getting, he smashed a racket after only 7 games!
Bye for now we have got to go & do a bit of sightseeing.

Ali

*Ljubica*
04-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the report Ali and glad you're having fun :)

I have now just got to pass on a message from Sue who is currently in Barcelona too :) She called me today and she’s having a wonderful time and enjoying the tennis and the sunshine! She watched David’s match against Murray yesterday and had her photo taken with him yesterday too. She has met up with Elea and they seem to be having lots of fun! She can’t get much Internet access while she is there – but asked me to say “hi” to everyone here and she will catch up and give reports etc when she gets home

LaTenista
04-26-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm glad Eléa and Sue found each other! :D Thanks for the reports Alisia and Rosie.

I'm really hoping David can finish off Stan in straight sets. My nerves are a bit shot at the moment, between yesterday's match and my mum had surgery yesterday as well. :awww:

Glad you are feeling better Rosie. :hug:

sonia
04-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Vamos David!!!!!!!! :bigclap: :bounce:

FerrersLinda
04-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Nice to hear everybody is having a great time in Barcelona. Thanks for the reports, I hope for your and my hearts sake David will have an easier win over Wawrinka.

Hope your mom is ok Isa. :hug:

*Ljubica*
04-26-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm glad Eléa and Sue found each other! :D Thanks for the reports Alisia and Rosie.

I'm really hoping David can finish off Stan in straight sets. My nerves are a bit shot at the moment, between yesterday's match and my mum had surgery yesterday as well. :awww:

Glad you are feeling better Rosie. :hug:
Thanks - the Doctors have finally given me a clean bill of health after my two operations - and, in fact, I have my post-operative check tomorrow, and then they say I should be OK with only 6 monthly check-ups :) Hope your Mum is OK :hug:

LaTenista
04-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Thanks - the Doctors have finally given me a clean bill of health after my two operations - and, in fact, I have my post-operative check tomorrow, and then they say I should be OK with only 6 monthly check-ups :) Hope your Mum is OK :hug:

That's great. This was my mum's fifth surgery since June 2004. :sad: It was really unexpected because the fourth (March 2005) was supposed to ensure she never got sick again but that was too much to hope for I guess. But she's out of hospital now and doing better than after her previous surgeries - this time she wrote if they gave her morphine she'd sue them. What a great world we live in where we have to make threats to get our wishes followed. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the support Linda and Rosie. :angel:

alisia
04-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Lucky Sue thou I did get a no problem when I took his photo yesterday. :) He ran past me today but sorry no photos I was buying an ice-cream! Linda you were right very cute accent. My boyfriend thinks I am 15 again! Speaking of which I better go find him he is the bar watching football!!
Just checked order of play thank god he is on court 1 because I dont have very good tickets for the centre court tomorrow :devil:

FerrersLinda
04-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Lucky Sue thou I did get a no problem when I took his photo yesterday. :) He ran past me today but sorry no photos I was buying an ice-cream! Linda you were right very cute accent. My boyfriend thinks I am 15 again! Speaking of which I better go find him he is the bar watching football!!
Just checked order of play thank god he is on court 1 because I dont have very good tickets for the centre court tomorrow :devil:

David seems to be doing a lot of running from his fans. :mad: My husband found it very funny to watch me do my teen-girl routine while at the tourney.
Have a good time for the rest of your stay. Have to get back to the Champions League match. Must be pretty crazy in Barcelona with that match going on.

Fergie
04-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Vamos David!!! :bounce:

FerrersLinda
04-27-2006, 03:33 PM
David just lost to Wawrinka 6-2, 2-6, 1-6. :sad:
I'm really curious to know what happened. Judging by the score-line, I would say something was wrong. Just not the David way to go down.
Pobrecito. :awww:

Please take me out of my misery, girls on the scene tell me what happened.

FerrersLinda
04-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Bad news. Found this on Davids website. :tears:
Get well soon David!

David no pudo superar al suizo Wawrinka en los 1/16 de final del Conde de Godó pese a haber vencido en el primer set por 6-1. La lluvia que cayó en las postrimerías de este primer set fue el peor enemigo de Ferru puesto que la pista se volvió más lenta. El suizo dominó con claridad los dos siguientes sets (2-6 y 1-6) y se llevó el partido. David finalizó el choque con molestias en el hombro por lo que descarta su participación en Estoril la semana que viene. ¡Animo Ferru!

David could not surpass the Swiss Wawrinka in the R16 of Godó in spite of winning the first set 6-1. The rain in the last games of the first set was the worse enemy of Ferru because the court became slower. The Swiss dominated the following sets (2-6 and 1-6) and won the match. David finished the match with pains in his shoulder which will prevent him from participating in Estoril next week. Come on David!

*Ljubica*
04-27-2006, 05:25 PM
:sad: Get well soon David :hug:

Carlita
04-27-2006, 05:35 PM
:awww: oh no! After that first set I had high hopes!!! David... :hug:

alisia
04-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Hola :wavey:
I was there & even I cannot tell you why he lost. Maybe Sue & Elea might have a clue. And there was me happy that Karlovic won thinking it would be an easy next match for him! He never had the trainer out so I don´t know about the injury. After the first set I thought I was in for an easy match but then it started raining only drizzle & before you knew it he was 5-0 down in the second. He didn´t look very happy with life in the 2nd & 3rd sets. He really does need to sort out his serve which was bad even by his standards. My boyfriend who I´m pleased to say was suffering with a huge hangover was undercover near his coach thinks he needs a shrink!! He also said he was doing a lot of coaching & near the end Gerry Armstrong kept looking over I think if he´d had warned him for that then he would have probably exploded. One thing about him thou & I know I shouldn´t laugh but he throws better temper tantrums than your average toddler.
All the same I met Sue & Elea briefly whilst he was practicing & I took loads of photos.
Wish me luck I´ve got to go to the Nou Camp tomorrow morning.

Ali

FerrersLinda
04-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Awwwww...... Poor David. I love his tantrums tho. That's also why I love Safin. :lol: So he needs a shrink? David I have got a lovely sofa, lot's of time and I'm a great listener.......call me! :angel:

Good luck for tomorrow Alisia, although I went to Camp Nou when I was staying in Barcelona and loved it. Also went to a Champions League match coincidentally Barcelona-AC Milan (my two favorite teams). It's really an impressive stadium, I think you will like it. Say hi to Frank Rijkaard for me :wavey: . Have fun. :)

RogiFan88
04-27-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear that David lost -- and his shoulder is bothering him! Yes, he s pull out of Estoril and get better, esp for Roma, Hamburg and RG!

Pobrecito... raining in Barcelona. That's to be expected.

Fergie
04-28-2006, 03:22 AM
Get well soon David! :hug: :sad:

bavaria100
04-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Get well soon David! :hug:

Sue
04-29-2006, 12:31 AM
Hi everyone, just got back from Barca,seems very weird to think that less than 4 hours ago I was sitting in the Spanish sunshine watching Nadal v. Niemenin and now I'm back home in the cold, typing this!
Thanks for everyones good wishes, Barcelona was fabulous ( except of course for David losing and picking up an injury :-( ) Alisia- sorry we didn't meet up again after Davids practice- we did spot you at his match but we were on the opposite side.
Elea- thanks for being such a sweetie, you were great company and it was lovely to have another David fan to cheer with *hugs*
I have ( hopefully) lots of pics to share when I get them uploaded....so hope you can be patien ;-)
Fingers crossed that David recovers quickly.

alisia
04-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Hi Sue lucky you left when you did it started raining at the beginning of Ferrero´s match & turned very cold it was like being at home!
We fly home tomorrow so I will try & upload some of my photos tomorrow night.

Ali

FerrersLinda
04-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Welcome back (and almost back). Thanks for your reporting on the scene, looking forward to your pictures. Having the flu I need a little "pick-me-up". ;)

B.t.w. Alisia, how was Camp Nou? Did you see any Barca players? A shirtless Tiago Motta when no shirtless Ferru is available would make my day!

alisia
04-30-2006, 09:06 AM
The nou camp was great & i´m more a football widow than follower, thou according to my otherhalf Old Trafford has more trophies but then again he is a die hard Man U fan which is why he has a major sulk on this morning. Unfortunately didn´t see any players.

alisia
04-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Hi we're back will post photos once I can find the right cable :o

FerrersLinda
04-21-2007, 02:27 PM
May I present.....the draw:

(4) NALBANDIAN, David ARG v BYE
MARTIN, Alberto ESP v FALLA, Alejandro COL
QUALIFIER v (WC) MANTILLA, Felix ESP
(WC) GRANOLLERS-PUJOL, Marcel ESP v (16) MOYA, Carlos ESP

(10) STEPANEK, Radek CZE v PAVEL, Andrei ROU
QUALIFIER v BERLOCQ, Carlos ARG
(WC) VICENTE, Fernando ESP v GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA
BYE v (5) FERRER, David ESP

RogiFan88
04-23-2007, 05:12 AM
Hey, I want David to make it out of that quarter! He's definitely the best in that section.

VAMOS, DAVID!!

Win for Sue... and the rest of us! ;)

alisia
04-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Order of play for Tuesday

PISTA CENTRAL 10:00 am

G Gaudio (ARG) vs [13] R Soderling (SWE)
Not Before 12:45PM
F Lopez (ESP) vs [3] T Robredo (ESP)
Not Before 3:15PM
[4] D Nalbandian (ARG) vs A Martin (ESP)
[WC] M Granollers-Pujol (ESP) vs [16] C Moya (ESP)
[WC] R Nadal (ESP) / B Salva-Vidal (ESP) vs D Ferrer (ESP) / F Vicente (ESP)

FerrersLinda
04-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Again no David/Tommy teamup. Have they really broken up?:sad:

LaTenista
04-23-2007, 09:03 PM
:lol: You know David just couldn't handle the pic of Tommy and Thomas. :awww:

FerrersLinda
04-23-2007, 09:07 PM
:lol: You know David just couldn't handle the pic of Tommy and Thomas. :awww:

I'd say good riddance. That boy Robredo was no good for our David anyway.:angel:

alisia
04-23-2007, 09:20 PM
I'd say good riddance. That boy Robredo was no good for our David anyway.:angel:

Poor Tommy :hug: David goes off playing with strange men all the time & he gets dumped for playing away once :sad:

FerrersLinda
04-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Poor Tommy :hug: David goes off playing with strange men all the time & he gets dumped for playing away once :sad:

At least David doesn't take his playmates out to a fancy gala.:rolleyes:

alisia
04-23-2007, 09:29 PM
At least David doesn't take his playmates out to a fancy gala.:rolleyes:

That's probably because David only gets cheap dates :p

FerrersLinda
04-23-2007, 09:47 PM
That's probably because David only gets cheap dates :p

:eek:

What ever, I'm just glad him and Tommy are no more. I would quite like David to start dating Marat.:cool:

alisia
04-23-2007, 09:49 PM
:eek:

What ever, I'm just glad him and Tommy are no more. I would quite like David to start dating Marat.:cool:

:hearts: Thou I do like the muppet boys playing together :lick:

FerrersLinda
04-23-2007, 09:56 PM
:hearts: Thou I do like the muppet boys playing together :lick:

They seem to enjoy it, although now that Tommy has cheated on David I'm not so sure. They are definitely the most dorky doubles team.:p

alisia
04-23-2007, 09:59 PM
They seem to enjoy it, although now that Tommy has cheated on David I'm not so sure. They are definitely the most dorky doubles team.:p

It's a good job I know you like one of them :o

FerrersLinda
04-23-2007, 10:02 PM
It's a good job I know you like one of them :o

All men are dorks, some more than others. And Tommy Wommy brings out the dorkier side of my beloved David.:)

alisia
04-24-2007, 06:22 PM
I noticed Tommy dumped David for Marc Lopez :eek: obviously he likes small men :D

Order of play for Wednesday

PISTA 1 10:00 am

V Spadea (USA) vs [8] J Chela (ARG)
[14] N Almagro (ESP) vs F Volandri (ITA)
[6] J Nieminen (FIN) vs A Seppi (ITA)
P Goldstein (USA) vs [5] D Ferrer (ESP)
T Johansson (SWE) vs [13] R Soderling (SWE)

LaTenista
04-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Ought to be an easy match for David. :tape:

alisia
04-24-2007, 06:25 PM
Ought to be an easy match for David. :tape:

Don't tempt fate :mad:

At least Sue will be able to go up close & personal with him on that court :p

FerrersLinda
04-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Two bagels.:woohoo:

alisia
04-25-2007, 06:47 PM
That must the first time he's double bagled anyone he nearly did it to Gaudio in Rome but got broke when he was 6-0 5-0 up :rolleyes:

alisia
04-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Oops for Thursday ~ I hope he gets a good nights sleep because he's got to be up early :p

PISTA CENTRAL start 10:30 am

[Q] B Pashanski (SRB) vs [5] D Ferrer (ESP)

Not Before 12:45 PM

[1] R Nadal (ESP) vs T Johansson (SWE)

Not Before 3:15 PM

[4] D Nalbandian (ARG) vs [16] C Moya (ESP)
[15] A Calleri (ARG) vs [3] T Robredo (ESP)
[WC] R Nadal (ESP) / B Salva-Vidal (ESP) vs [7] J Knowle (AUT) / M Kohlmann (GER)

RogiFan88
04-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Vamos, David!

Don't stop until you're holding up the winner's trophy!!

Brego
04-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Wow. Double Bagel. Congratulations David!
Vamos for tomorrow.

Invisible
04-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Nice double bagel :bigclap: Good Luck in the next round!!!

LaTenista
04-25-2007, 08:01 PM
:worship: May he do the same tomorrow.

Eléa
04-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Sorry i'm late but 6/0 6/0 :eek: :worship: and sorry for my "depression" yesterday on the chat thread-thank you for your nice words chicas :hug:

Good luck to David tomorrow :yeah:

anna10
04-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Loved the 0-an-0 yesterday; a little tougher today against Pashanski, at least in the second set, but still another win.

FerrersLinda
04-26-2007, 02:00 PM
6-2, 7-5 over Pashanski:woohoo:

Hello QF:D

LaTenista
04-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Nice result to wake up to this morning. :D

RogiFan88
04-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Great result!! Into the QF!

Bring on the next victim!!

alisia
04-26-2007, 07:18 PM
PISTA CENTRAL 12:45 pm

[4] D Nalbandian (ARG) vs [5] D Ferrer (ESP)

Not Before 3:15 PM

[1] R Nadal (ESP) vs P Starace (ITA)

[12] G Canas (ARG) vs [2] N Davydenko (RUS)

[1] M Knowles (BAH) / D Nestor (CAN) vs [WC] R Nadal (ESP) / B Salva-Vidal (ESP) or [7] J Knowle (AUT) / M Kohlmann (GER)

LaTenista
04-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Vamos Ferrer! (Wouldn't want the other David to win)

Invisible
04-27-2007, 06:23 AM
Right, this is one of those matches where you have to be careful which David you are cheering for......Vamos David FERRER!!!

Sue
04-27-2007, 07:55 AM
Hola chicas! Am back from Barca.....and REALLY wishing I wasn't.
Just a quickie- am off to work .....more later. And there may just be the odd picture of David amongst the 400+ I took ;)
Missed you all xx

Sue
04-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Ps.
Vamos Ferru!

alisia
04-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Hola chicas! Am back from Barca.....and REALLY wishing I wasn't.
Just a quickie- am off to work .....more later. And there may just be the odd picture of David amongst the 400+ I took ;)
Missed you all xx

Sue :hug: Only 400 photos you're slipping girl :D Glad you had a great time how does the new centre court look?

I'll miss his match at lunchtime because our transport manager is retiring today :(

LaTenista
04-27-2007, 12:03 PM
The match is taking forever to start. :help:

Invisible
04-27-2007, 01:42 PM
:woohoo: YAY for David beating David :bigclap: :yippee:

alisia
04-27-2007, 01:57 PM
:bounce: David :bounce: Next up Rafa :p

FerrersLinda
04-27-2007, 02:28 PM
:aparty: :aparty: :aparty: :aparty:

RogiFan88
04-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Woo hoo, Ferru!!!!

Get that clay monster!!! :lol:

LaTenista
04-27-2007, 06:27 PM
:woohoo: Ferrer has beaten Nalbandian 5 times now. PIGEON :D

RogiFan88
04-27-2007, 07:43 PM
pretty good, eh? ;)

FerrersLinda
04-27-2007, 08:02 PM
:woohoo: Ferrer has beaten Nalbandian 5 times now. PIGEON :D

:lol:

pretty good, eh? ;)

Pretty good indeed. And I would think it may brighten up Rosie's day just the tiniest bit.:D

alisia
04-27-2007, 09:34 PM
PISTA CENTRAL 1:00 pm

[15] A Calleri (ARG) vs [12] G Canas (ARG)

3:45 PM

[1] R Nadal (ESP) vs [5] D Ferrer (ESP)

After appropriate rest

[WC] R Nadal (ESP) / B Salva-Vidal (ESP) vs [3] J Erlich (ISR) / A Ram (ISR)

alisia
04-28-2007, 03:28 PM
there is a live stream for the semi & it works because I've just watched Willy bt Calleri :sad:

Sue
04-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Where is this live stream of which you speak? ;-)
BTW- Davids been eating pasta and playing billiards with Rafa this afternoon in preparation for the match!

alisia
04-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Where is this live stream of which you speak? ;-)
BTW- Davids been eating pasta and playing billiards with Rafa this afternoon in preparation for the match!

:wavey: Sue

the link is on the main message board

Sue
04-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks ali- got it. Can see David right now!

Sue
04-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Poor David :hug:
Kept up with Rafa well in the first set- I really thought he might go one set up on a couple of occasions. Then his level of play dropped and Rafa stepped it up in the second.
Still.....semi final ain't bad chico. And it was a pleasure and a privilege to have been supporting David this week in Barca.
VAMOS!

alisia
04-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Kept up with Rafa well in the first set- I really thought he might go one set up on a couple of occasions. Then his level of play dropped and Rafa stepped it up in the second.
Still.....semi final ain't bad chico. And it was a pleasure and a privilege to have been supporting David this week in Barca.
VAMOS!

the first set was very good however the second was very much like against Federer last week :sad: Still he did better than last year which is all we can ask for :D

FerrersLinda
04-28-2007, 06:48 PM
VAMOS!

I agree with you Sue, in the first he made me believe several times he was gonna take that set. Great tennis. Then in the second he let his level drop a little and it was all Rafa.

Anyway good job David.:)

alisia
04-28-2007, 11:07 PM
This is from the BBC website

Rafael Nadal secured his place in the Barcelona Open final by beating David Ferrer - but claimed it was his most difficult match on clay this season.
The top seed made it 71 successive wins on clay with a 7-6 6-1 triumph, but said: "The first set was really tough. The key to winning was to find the rhythm in my forehand. David is very quick and one of the best players in the world, especially on this surface."

Sue
04-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Nice of Rafa to speak highly of David.
Wonder who won the billiards though ? ;)

RogiFan88
04-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Well done, David, for making the SF of Barcelona -- gaining points here too!! ;)

alisia
04-26-2008, 10:51 PM
[1] Rafael Nadal vs Bye
Peter Luczak vs Potito Starace
Vincent Spadea vs [WC] Alberto Martin
Jose Acasuso vs [16] Feliciano Lopez

[11] Juan Carlos Ferrero vs Guillermo Garcia-Lopez
Ivo Minar vs Qualifier
Ernests Gulbis vs Janko Tipsarevic
Bye vs [5] Carlos Moya

[4] James Blake vs Bye
Dennis Gremelmayr vs Qualifier
Marcos Daniel vs Ivan Navarro
Kevin Anderson vs [15] Dimitry Tursunov

[10] Nico Almagro vs Viktor Troicki
Jurgen Melzer vs Filippo Volandri
Mario Ancic vs Mischa Zverev
Bye vs [7] Andy Murray

[8] Ivo Karlovic vs Bye
Marcel Granollers vs Albert Montanes
Juan Pablo Brzezicki vs Pablo Cuevas
Qualifier vs [12] Jarkko Nieminen

[14] Stanislas Wawrinka vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs Robby Ginepri
Augustin Calleri vs Thomas Johannson
Bye vs [3] David Nalbandian

[6] Tommy Robredo vs Bye
Robin Haase vs Qualifier
Teimuraz Gabashvili vs Guillermo Coria
Oscar Hernandez vs [9] Guillermo Canas

[13] Fernando Verdasco vs Nico Lapentti
Santiago Ventura vs Qualifier
Werner Eschauer vs Juan Ignacio Chela
Bye vs [2] David Ferrer

alisia
04-30-2008, 01:57 PM
David won 6-1 6-1 in less than 50 mins :worship:

Sommarsverige
04-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Big congrats Ferru :bounce: :bounce:

LaTenista
04-30-2008, 04:09 PM
I slept through the match - glad David didn't need my help. :tape:

alisia
04-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Oops for Thursday

Central 10.30 am

Jeff Coetzee / Kevin Ulyett vs Ross Hutchins / Andy Murray
followed by
Nicolas LAPENTTI vs David FERRER
Not Before 2.30 pm
Tommy ROBREDO vs Guillermo CANAS
Not Before 4.45 pm
Rafael NADAL vs Feliciano LOPEZ
followed by
Nicolas ALMAGRO vs Mario ANCIC

Sommarsverige
05-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Oops for Thursday

Central 10.30 am

Jeff Coetzee / Kevin Ulyett vs Ross Hutchins / Andy Murray
followed by
Nicolas LAPENTTI vs David FERRER
Not Before 2.30 pm
Tommy ROBREDO vs Guillermo CANAS
Not Before 4.45 pm
Rafael NADAL vs Feliciano LOPEZ
followed by
Nicolas ALMAGRO vs Mario ANCIC

Interesting match ;) But I really want Ferru to win :worship:

but-it's-ok
05-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Ferru is off to a flier, 3-0 up against Lapentti, opening set in 10 minutes:woohoo:

but-it's-ok
05-01-2008, 11:57 AM
But now he got broken back, he leads 3-2 but he lost the break when he served 1st df:awww: Come on Ferru:bounce:

but-it's-ok
05-01-2008, 12:06 PM
4-3 now to Ferru, games back on serve. Hopefully David will regroup and still be able to clinch the set:)

but-it's-ok
05-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Ferru dropped 1st set 4-6:( But Ferru fights like no-one else I know;)

but-it's-ok
05-01-2008, 02:07 PM
David Ferrer(2) beats Nicolas Lapentti 4-6 6-4 6-1 A truly great fightback. Well done Ferru:banana:

Sommarsverige
05-01-2008, 02:11 PM
I am happy Ferru won :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

alisia
05-01-2008, 08:14 PM
:worship: David & well played Nico :worship:

however, why the hell does he have to play Tommy again :sad:

Sommarsverige
05-01-2008, 09:24 PM
:worship: David & well played Nico :worship:

however, why the hell does he have to play Tommy again :sad:

I don´t like that either :mad:

alisia
05-01-2008, 09:34 PM
I don´t like that either :mad:

It looks like David is destined to either keep playing Tommy or Rafa :sad: I don't mind if it's a final but 1/8 finals is to early :mad:

alisia
05-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Friday OOP & Scores

Central 11.45 am

Albert Montañés (ESP) vs Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI)
not before 2.30 pm
Tommy Robredo (ESP) vs David Ferrer (ESP)
not before 4.45 pm
Rafael Nadal vs Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG)
followed by
Denis Gremelmayr (GER) vs Nicolás Almagro (ESP)

Ferrero Forever
05-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey everyone, hope you guys don't mind me joining this part of the forum:)

I hate this matchup though:(

alisia
05-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Welcome :D

Typical that their match starts just as my lunch hour ends :rolleyes:

Sommarsverige
05-02-2008, 04:27 PM
David won 7:5, 6:4

Of course I am not happy with the result, but at least I am glad Tommy lost against another guy I like ;)

alisia
05-02-2008, 04:37 PM
He won 7-6 6-4 :D Birte at least it looks like it was a good match :)

LaTenista
05-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Slept through another match. :o BTW Where is Linda? Haven't seen her around for several days now.

alisia
05-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Slept through another match. :o BTW Where is Linda? Haven't seen her around for several days now.

Lucky devil is away :D

alisia
05-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Oops for Saturday

Central 12.00 noon

Simon Aspelin / Julian Knowle vs Mariusz Fyrstenberg / Marcin Matkowski

Not Before 1.30 pm
Bob Bryan / Mike Bryan vs Feliciano Lopez / Fernando Verdasco

Not Before 3.45 pm
Rafael NADAL vs Denis GREMELMAYR

followed by
Stanislas WAWRINKA vs David FERRER

Ferrero Forever
05-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Good on Ferrer for winning. Hopefully he takes out Stanislas now:)

LaTenista
05-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Vamos David! I'll be at work during the match so won't be able to follow it. :sad:

Tonight my mum is picking up and we're heading to the airport first thing in the morning so probably won't be on MTF until I get back. Take care of David for me ladies.

alisia
05-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Vamos David! I'll be at work during the match so won't be able to follow it. :sad:

Tonight my mum is picking up and we're heading to the airport first thing in the morning so probably won't be on MTF until I get back. Take care of David for me ladies.

Isa have a lovely time in Hawaii :D & don't worry about David, Linda & I will look after him ;)

alisia
05-03-2008, 06:26 PM
:woohoo: David won 7-6 6-3 & now plays Rafa in the final :bounce:

Sommarsverige
05-03-2008, 07:40 PM
So happy for the chico :bounce: :bounce:

And even if I also like Rafa a lot, I want Ferru to win tomorrow :worship:

RogiFan88
05-03-2008, 08:59 PM
VAMOS, FERRU, vs. RAFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alisia
05-03-2008, 09:33 PM
So happy for the chico :bounce: :bounce:

And even if I also like Rafa a lot, I want Ferru to win tomorrow :worship:

I'm in a win-win situation as well but of course I want David to win more :D

danielmom
05-03-2008, 10:07 PM
I like Rafa as well but I soooooo hope David can win tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Sunset of Age
05-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Good luck to your fellow for tomorrow, folks! :yeah:

I'm a Rafa fan, but I like Pics very much as well. I hope he manages to at least make it a proper match!

alisia
05-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Oops for Sunday

Central 1.00 pm

Bob Bryan / Mike Bryan vs Mariusz Fyrstenberg / Marcin Matkowski

Not Before 3.45 pm

Rafael NADAL vs David FERRER

Ferrero Forever
05-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Vamos Ferru

alisia
05-04-2008, 06:09 PM
As expected he lost to Rafa 1-6 6-4 1-6 :sad:

Nadal claims Barcelona record

Rafael Nadal held off a stirring fightback from David Ferrer to beat his fellow Spaniard 6-1 4-6 6-1 and become the first man to win the Barcelona Open in four consecutive years.

The top seed romped through the first set but Ferrer hit back superbly and Nadal had to dig deep to clinch his 25th career title, making it back-to-back tournament wins after his triumph in the Monte Carlo Masters.

Nadal tore through the defences of Ferrer in the first set but the second seed went on the attack himself in the second set and deservedly pulled level.

Nadal looked concerned as he came out for the deciding set but after breaking Ferrer in the second game, he eased to victory in two hours, 14 minutes.

Sommarsverige
05-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Even if it was expected, I am a little sad that David lost the final against Rafa :sad:
I was very hopeful after he won the 2nd set, but Nadal was too good in the 3rd set again....anyway, congrats to Rafa :)

alisia
05-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Even if it was expected, I am a little sad that David lost the final against Rafa :sad:
I was very hopeful after he won the 2nd set, but Nadal was too good in the 3rd set again....anyway, congrats to Rafa :)

So am I Birte, but he's already having a much better clay court season than last year so I'm happy :D

RogiFan88
05-04-2008, 07:08 PM
well, I'm sorry that David could not take two sets off TFA but taking one set is a start! expected winner... TFA has restored this interesting year to normal in his season... it's boring... but whatever...

poor David will be so tired for Roma after doing so well these past three weeks... wish he could have a rest!

he gained pts, which is great!

but-it's-ok
05-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Such a courageous effort from Ferru:hug:

alisia
04-18-2009, 01:37 PM
The draw for this year's tournament ~ is it wrong I'm looking forward to Davy's possible 1/8 match ;) as well as Pico v Marat :devil:

[1] NADAL, Rafael ESP vs BYE
QUALIFIER vs LU, Yen-Hsun TPE
ROCHUS, Christophe BEL vs DEVILDER, Nicolas FRA
HERNYCH, Jan CZE vs [13] GASQUET, Richard FRA
[10] ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP vs HANESCU, Victor ROU
CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG vs BELLUCCI, Thomaz BRA
[WC] FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP vs KUNITSYN, Igor RUS
BYE vs [7] NALBANDIAN, David ARG

[3] DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS vs BYE
CANAS, Guillermo ARG vs CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA
GRANOLLERS, Marcel ESP vs QUALIFIER
NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN vs [16] LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP
[9] STEPANEK, Radek CZE vs GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
MONTANES, Albert ESP vs TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB
YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS vs TROICKI, Viktor SRB
BYE vs [8] WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI

[6] ROBREDO, Tommy ESP vs BYE
JUNQUEIRA, Diego ARG vs [WC] GAUDIO, Gaston ARG
GICQUEL, Marc FRA vs [WC] MARTIN, Alberto ESP
SEPPI, Andreas ITA vs [12] ANDREEV, Igor RUS
[14] SODERLING, Robin SWE vs GABASHVILI, Teimuraz RUS
GULBIS, Ernests LAT vs STARACE, Potito ITA
QUALIFIER vs QUALIFIER
BYE vs [4] FERRER, David ESP

[5WC] GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI vs BYE
SELA, Dudi ISR vs ACASUSO, Jose ARG
QUALIFIER vs QUALIFIER
MONACO, Juan ARG vs [11WC] SAFIN, Marat RUS
[15] BERDYCH, Tomas CZE vs VASSALLO ARGUELLO, Martin ARG
HERNANDEZ, Oscar ESP vs SCHWANK, Eduardo ARG
QUALIFIER vs MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
BYE vs [2] VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

FerrersLinda
04-18-2009, 02:14 PM
:woohoo: I'm predicting that Davey will make it to round 3.:p

You get to see Gato play.:)

alisia
04-18-2009, 04:20 PM
:woohoo: I'm predicting that Davey will make it to round 3.:p

You get to see Gato play.:)

why only round 3 :confused: I've got good tickets for 1/8 finals and I want to see both my boys playing eachother not the Toad :mad:

FerrersLinda
04-18-2009, 04:52 PM
why only round 3 :confused: I've got good tickets for 1/8 finals and I want to see both my boys playing eachother not the Toad :mad:

Round 3 is a sure thing because of Bye and Qualifier 1 + 2.:D You never know with our Davey. Full of surprises. I'm hoping the Toad will get stepped on in Round 1.:p

alisia
04-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Round 3 is a sure thing because of Bye and Qualifier 1 + 2.:D You never know with our Davey. Full of surprises. I'm hoping the Toad will get stepped on in Round 1.:p

True and hopefully Marat will win a few matches :D

FerrersLinda
04-20-2009, 08:29 PM
CENTRAL Matches Start At: 10:30 AM
Marcel GRANOLLERS (ESP) Tommy ROBREDO (ESP) vs Lukasz KUBOT (POL) Oliver MARACH (AUT)
followed by
Alberto MARTIN (ESP) vs Igor ANDREEV (RUS)
Not Before 2:30 PM
Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN) vs Feliciano LOPEZ (ESP)
Not Before 4:45 PM
Mikhail KUKUSHKIN (KAZ) vs David FERRER (ESP)
followed by
Juan MONACO (ARG) vs Marat SAFIN (RUS)

VAMOS DAVID!!!

Ali will get to see the yum-fest Pico-TRSG. :lick:

alisia
04-20-2009, 09:30 PM
shame I don't have the same seats tomorrow as I did today :sad: but I did happen to see David, Marat, Tommy, Feli, Fer and Pico in my travels ;)

sheva07
04-20-2009, 11:16 PM
What a great draw for David. Good luck!

FerrersLinda
04-21-2009, 04:01 PM
It's raining in Barcelona.:rain:

Sommarsverige
04-21-2009, 04:15 PM
It's raining in Barcelona.:rain:

What??? Hope it will stop soon :worship:

FerrersLinda
04-21-2009, 04:28 PM
What??? Hope it will stop soon :worship:

Birte it looks like they've canceled play for today all together. If so that sucks for Ali.:awww:

FerrersLinda
04-21-2009, 04:45 PM
I was wrong!:woohoo: David has just started his match. VAMOS!!!

FerrersLinda
04-21-2009, 07:17 PM
He won 6-3,3-6,6-1:woohoo:

Sommarsverige
04-21-2009, 08:58 PM
He won 6-3,3-6,6-1:woohoo:

:bounce: :woohoo: :banana: :bounce: :yippee: :woohoo:

alisia
04-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Don't ask me how he won that match because I haven't got a clue :rolleyes: he played awful :mad: Marat should have played him :o I hate to think what his 1st serve% was :(

FerrersLinda
04-22-2009, 09:34 PM
PISTA 1 Matches Start at 11:30 AM
Radek STEPANEK (CZE) vs Stanislas WAWRINKA (SUI)
Not Before 1:30 PM
Potito STARACE (ITA) vs David FERRER (ESP)
followed by
Nikolay DAVYDENKO (RUS) vs Feliciano LOPEZ (ESP)
followed by
Fernando GONZALEZ (CHI) vs Juan MONACO (ARG)
followed by
Mahesh BHUPATHI (IND) Mark KNOWLES (BAH) vs Lucas ARNOLD KER (ARG) Fernando GONZALEZ (CHI)

FerrersLinda
04-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Another win. Ciao Potito!:wavey:

4-6, 7-5, 6-2 :woohoo:

Not exactly sure why he is insisting on playing three sets.:rolleyes:

FerrersLinda
04-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Did I mention he now has to play my personal favorite Tommy Robredo?:rolleyes:

alisia
04-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Another win. Ciao Potito!:wavey:

4-6, 7-5, 6-2 :woohoo:

Not exactly sure why he is insisting on playing three sets.:rolleyes:

because his first serve sucks and he likes for me to suffer :rolleyes:

Did I mention he now has to play my personal favorite Tommy Robredo?:rolleyes:

win/win situation for me :cool:

not sure how he won again today but he did :p he was throwing temper tantrums and chucking his raquet in the first 4 games & he got a code violation for killing another raquet :rolleyes: but the game he played at 4*-2 in the final set was brilliant :worship: some of the shots had the crowd on their feet cheering :D
he needs to play a million times better if he's got a chance against Tommy thou :awww:

:secret: I sat behind Alex Corretja during Feli's match only I didn't realise it was him until half way thru the second set :o

FerrersLinda
04-23-2009, 11:22 PM
OOP for tomorrow is a nightmare to copy and paste. So I'll just tell you David plays Tommywommy tomorrow second on Cancha Central.

VAMOS!!!!!!!!!

Ali, I need you to promise you'll be cheering for David tomorrow. If I'm not mistaken Tommywommy is from Barcelona so he'll have enough support. Also David seems to win with you there so don't let him and a certain girl in Costa Rica down.:D

Ali what did you say about Feli while seated behind señor Corretja that can be topic for conversation in the locker room?:devil:

alisia
04-24-2009, 08:42 AM
they may have heard me complain about his hair :D or that David played like a tw*t when I phoned my Dad :p

You know I'm a David girl at heart but if Tommy wins I won't be too upset ;)

FerrersLinda
04-24-2009, 03:40 PM
He won!!!! 6-3, 6-4 :woohoo:

Jillian
04-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Way to go Ferru.................... :worship::worship::worship:

FerrersLinda
04-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Gonzo is next.:scared:

alisia
04-24-2009, 08:01 PM
why the hell didn't he play like that in his first two matches :rolleyes:

alisia
04-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Gonzo is next.:scared:

at least it's not Fer :p Gonzo is a headcase :o

cobalt60
04-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Go David :yeah: Looking forward to wathcing this match :cool:

FerrersLinda
04-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Waaahhaaaa, I'm eating my shirt just like David.:scared: Why doesn't he want to win this match?

FerrersLinda
04-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Tie break in the third.:help:

Seville
04-25-2009, 05:14 PM
David wins:rocker2:

6-2 2-6 6-7

Good match!!

FerrersLinda
04-25-2009, 05:15 PM
I can breath again. Pfwww.:) He won!

2-6, 6-2, 7-6(7-5)

Nadal next.:scared:

FerrersLinda
04-25-2009, 05:15 PM
David wins:rocker2:

6-2 2-6 6-7

Good match!!

:woohoo:

Good match ....?:rolleyes: Good last set.:D

cobalt60
04-25-2009, 05:24 PM
:woohoo: Serves me right leaving after the first set. But a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do :p

Miracle tomorrow anyone?

Seville
04-25-2009, 05:25 PM
:woohoo:

Good match ....?:rolleyes: Good last set.:D

I was working. I could only watch the last set:)

katewallace
04-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Miracle tomorrow anyone?

Praying for one!

Pleased as punch that David won today. Hope those that are lucky enough to be in Barcelona are having enough fun for us all.

FerrersLinda
04-25-2009, 06:43 PM
:woohoo: Serves me right leaving after the first set. But a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do :p

Miracle tomorrow anyone?

Hey Doc!:wavey:

The first was the Gonzo of old, whacking balls like it was going out of style and basically blowing David off the court. I was waiting for Gonzo's shots to stop falling in the court. Which happened in the second.:)

Hey, it's a game, so anybody can win.:cool:

I was working. I could only watch the last set:)

Lucky you. The first was horrendous to watch. Second was better and the third was loads of fun but of course you know that.:D

Praying for one!

Pleased as punch that David won today. Hope those that are lucky enough to be in Barcelona are having enough fun for us all.

David looked pleased as punch too at the end of that match. Big ol' smile on his face.:D

cobalt60
04-25-2009, 06:46 PM
LINDA!! Nice to see you around too :hug:
I will be watching tomorrow for sure:yeah: And you are right it is a game but it is so nice to see David on my screen again that I could care less who wins ;) Still want a miracle though :p

Hope you are doing well :yeah:

FerrersLinda
04-25-2009, 06:53 PM
LINDA!! Nice to see you around too :hug:
I will be watching tomorrow for sure:yeah: And you are right it is a game but it is so nice to see David on my screen again that I could care less who wins ;) Still want a miracle though :p

Hope you are doing well :yeah:

:wavey::hug:

Great to see that you still care about David.;) It is lovely to see him on tv. Nothing better than waking up to a good Ferrer fight.:cool:

I'm doing fine and I'm optimistic for tomorrow. Not saying he will win but I do actually give him a chance. But to be honest, I'd be happy if it's an exciting match. Doesn't matter to much who wins. :D

Jillian
04-25-2009, 06:58 PM
What a great fightback by David after that first set where Gonzo was playing "lights out" tennis, not a lot of other players would have made a comeback after that.

So proud of Ferru for the way he sticks at it and never gives up. Not sure if he can beat Rafa tomorrow, but for the first time ever I won't be cheering for Rafa to win a match.

What an effect this man seems to have on me.....................

FerrersLinda
04-25-2009, 07:05 PM
What a great fightback by David after that first set where Gonzo was playing "lights out" tennis, not a lot of other players would have made a comeback after that.

So proud of Ferru for the way he sticks at it and never gives up. Not sure if he can beat Rafa tomorrow, but for the first time ever I won't be cheering for Rafa to win a match.

What an effect this man seems to have on me.....................

:lol: He does seem to have quite an effect on you. And he's only such a small little guy.:p

His never give up attitude is exactly what first got my attention and is still the main reason why he's my favorite player. Of course his ridiculous tantrums, when he tears up his shirt or tells himself he's playing with a skirts on:eek:, are another reason to love him.:cool:

cobalt60
04-25-2009, 07:15 PM
:wavey::hug:

Great to see that you still care about David.;) It is lovely to see him on tv. Nothing better than waking up to a good Ferrer fight.:cool:

I'm doing fine and I'm optimistic for tomorrow. Not saying he will win but I do actually give him a chance. But to be honest, I'd be happy if it's an exciting match. Doesn't matter to much who wins. :D

I never stopped :p Just got fed up with MTF for a bit and have little time.

FerrersLinda
04-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I never stopped :p Just got fed up with MTF for a bit and have little time.

Cool:cool:

Yeah, I got tired of MTF for a while too but I'm back!:devil:

alisia
04-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Looks like I missed a good match :sad: but glad he's won and my lovely daddy recorded it for me :D so I can watch the match from the comfort of my sofa with a glass of wine knowing he's going to win :devil:

alisia
04-25-2009, 08:19 PM
:lol: He does seem to have quite an effect on you. And he's only such a small little guy.:p

His never give up attitude is exactly what first got my attention and is still the main reason why he's my favorite player. Of course his ridiculous tantrums, when he tears up his shirt or tells himself he's playing with a skirts on:eek:, are another reason to love him.:cool:

so it's got nothing to do with what lurks under the clothes then :p but I agree it's his attitude that does it for me as well :D it's just a bonus he's a good looking boy :D

alisia
04-25-2009, 08:25 PM

Miracle tomorrow anyone?

:wavey: Dr Sue

Believe me if you'd saw him play on Tuesday you'd realise it's a miracle he made it past the first round :o

cobalt60
04-25-2009, 08:40 PM
:wavey: Dr Sue

Believe me if you'd saw him play on Tuesday you'd realise it's a miracle he made it past the first round :o

You were there? :cool: Guess he is a slow starter :devil:
I am heading up at 4pm to watch it delayed on the TTC. Hubby is a fan of Gonzo so some good natured kidding is coming his way;)

Won't be around tomorrow at match time though. Have this fashion show that I am in ugg.

alisia
04-25-2009, 08:46 PM
You were there? :cool: Guess he is a slow starter :devil:
I am heading up at 4pm to watch it delayed on the TTC. Hubby is a fan of Gonzo so some good natured kidding is coming his way;)

Won't be around tomorrow at match time though. Have this fashion show that I am in ugg.

yes I was :D unfortunately we come home today :sad:

FerrersLinda
04-25-2009, 11:04 PM
so it's got nothing to do with what lurks under the clothes then :p but I agree it's his attitude that does it for me as well :D it's just a bonus he's a good looking boy :D

You're back!!!!:dance:

Of course it hasn't got anything to do with his body.:angel:

You're a model?:eek::rocker2:

cobalt60
04-26-2009, 12:06 AM
I thought the match was excellent! One DF for Gonzo during the whole match and it gave David match point :eek: And looking at the stats the match was so close but the better man won;)

Well if you can call a 5 ft 3 in 51 yo a model blah. It is a fundraiser for the Breast Care Center of the hospital that I work in. I modeled the first year and then the next 6 years had the same excuse but this year they changed the date and the gal running it twisted my wee little arm :awww: I am not looking forward to it. The only grace is that I should be home by 4 pm and I think TTC is showing it delayed again. Oh and my oldest comes home from Italy tomorrow night too. Too bad it was not tomorrow day cuz then I would have had a different excuse :angel:
Ok I will go to the truncated part 2 version of the chat thread;)

iSzavay.
04-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Good luck against Rafa David :yeah:

FerrersLinda
04-26-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm sat on my couch watching Rafa and David. Man, David is playing good, but nothing is good enough to beat the bull.:awww: He's seriously playing great tennis.

Sue, I'm sure you're a great model. Personally I much prefer seeing a real woman than a stick girl on the catwalk.:)

FerrersLinda
04-26-2009, 04:32 PM
He seems to have calmed down a little in this second set. Playing really well, giving Rafa a much harder time.:woohoo:

alisia
04-26-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm sat on my couch watching Rafa and David. Man, David is playing good, but nothing is good enough to beat the bull.:awww: He's seriously playing great tennis.

Sue, I'm sure you're a great model. Personally I much prefer seeing a real woman than a stick girl on the catwalk.:)

Maybe we can buy him a first serve? He's playing better but he's getting his lovely ass kicked :awww:

alisia
04-26-2009, 04:35 PM
He seems to have calmed down a little in this second set. Playing really well, giving Rafa a much harder time.:woohoo:

How bad he was in the first set was good for him on Tuesday :o

FerrersLinda
04-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Maybe we can buy him a first serve? He's playing better but he's getting his lovely ass kicked :awww:

If I could buy first serves, I would buy myself one first.:p

He's playing much more agressive now, which is the key to making Rafa work. Still don't say he's winning though.:awww:

FerrersLinda
04-26-2009, 04:37 PM
How bad he was in the first set was good for him on Tuesday :o

I don't think he was playing bad in the first set at all. He just looked like he was a little nervous and searching for a way to hurt Rafa.(hurt=tickle)

FerrersLinda
04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Now, that was a bad game.:(

alisia
04-26-2009, 04:42 PM
I don't think he was playing bad in the first set at all. He just looked like he was a little nervous and searching for a way to hurt Rafa.(hurt=tickle)

His serve was worse on Tuesday!!

I spent the whole first set telling my dad how nervous he gets in big matches :awww:

FerrersLinda
04-26-2009, 04:46 PM
His serve was worse on Tuesday!!

I spent the whole first set telling my dad how nervous he gets in big matches :awww:

He does get quite nervous.:awww: And I thought that he would come out with a better game plan but instead it took him until the second to start thinking while wielding his racquet.

alisia
04-26-2009, 04:50 PM
this is a terrible game by him :mad:

alisia
04-26-2009, 04:51 PM
He does get quite nervous.:awww: And I thought that he would come out with a better game plan but instead it took him until the second to start thinking while wielding his racquet.

His serve needed to work from the first point which it didn't :awww:

FerrersLinda
04-26-2009, 04:52 PM
His serve needed to work from the first point which it didn't :awww:

True.

He just played an aweful game plus Rafa pulled a rabbit out of his hat on that second point so I'd say, the match is over.:awww:

FerrersLinda
04-26-2009, 04:57 PM
He lost 6-2, 7-5

alisia
04-26-2009, 05:00 PM
He lost 6-2, 7-5

At least he showed alot of fight :D

FerrersLinda
04-26-2009, 05:01 PM
He did, unfortunately Fox Sports doesn't show the ceremony.:awww:

Rome is next. Hope he can play like he did today in the second.:)

I'm off to take a shower, get dressed and walk my doggie. Hasta luego!

alisia
04-26-2009, 05:02 PM
nice trophy for his mummy's mantlepiece :D

Jillian
04-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Good fightback from Ferru in the 2nd set, so proud of him for that and never giving up that's why we all love him so much. Of course it has nothing what so ever to do with the fact that he is is sooooooooooooooooooooo Hot & Sexy.............

Let's hope he can keep it going next week in Rome where he has hardly any points to defend

cobalt60
04-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Well seems I missed the final which was shown as I was strutting my stuff. It was fun. Nice clothes; too bad I could not keep them.

Well the second set looks like it was good. And Rafa is such a good player. I honestly can't think of anyone who could beat him consistently these days on any surface. He definnitely has grown his game over the last 5 years. Too bad for all those other players:p

katewallace
04-26-2009, 09:33 PM
I am so chuffed David made the final of Barcelona but my heart did break a little bit today over the match (as it does everytime he loses).

We all know Rafa is just a freak of tennis nature but I honestly believed that David could pull that miracle out of the bag.

He should be so incredibly proud of himself though. So nice that loved ones could visit him for such a great tournie now that the European season is kicking in. Kick some tennis arse in Rome Ferrua!

Re. his serve. Sometimes I feel like he just launches into it without thinking it through. I know of course that this is not the case (!) but sometimes I want to shout at him to just slow down and take an extra breath before the serve. Almost like he needs a towel wipe or a Rafa-esqe pause. Heck, what the hell do I know.

PS - does anyone else have problems trying to register on davidferrer.com? I can register alright and get an email saying the administrator will check and email me confirmation but that confirmation never comes for some reason ...

alisia
04-26-2009, 09:54 PM
most of us registered a few years ago

:wavey: Welcome btw :D

katewallace
04-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

I have followed tennis since a youngster. I have no idea where my current interest in David has come from to be honest! I think I like his 'fight' attitude on court

FerrersLinda
04-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Welcome:wavey:
I might have been #2 or #3 to register. Insanely obsessive, I know.

Sue, will you continue your new career?

Sommarsverige
04-28-2009, 11:06 PM
I am sooooooooooo happy for our chico that he reached the Barca final again, but sadly, he also lost again to Rafa :(

@Katewallace: Welcome here :wavey: And yes, I had the same problem when registering on davidferrer.com, but after several tries it finally worked...Hope it will do for you again :worship:

katewallace
04-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the information on David's website. I might try again but it's probably a good thing I can't join otherwise it will be another non work website to look at everyday!

alisia
04-17-2010, 10:14 PM
There will be no repeat of the last 2 years final :sad:

[1] NADAL vs bye
GARCIA-LOPEZ vs Qualifier
HANESCU vs A BECK
NIEMINEN vs [13] BELLUCCI

[9]ROBREDO vs Bye
Qualifier vs A MARTIN
SEPPI vs KUBOT
Bye vs [8] FERRER

[4] GONZALEZ vs bye
RUSSELL vs Qualifier
LUCZAK vs GULBIS
CHARDY vs [14] MONTANES

[11] MELZER vs NALBANDIAN
MARCHENKO vs HERNANDEZ
GASQUET vs ANDREEV
bye vs [5] VERDASCO

[7] FERRERO vs bye
STAKHOVSKY vs ZVEREV
BE BAKKER vs FALLA
Qualifier vs [10] MONACO

[15]ALMAGRO vs VENTURA
Qualifier vs GREUL
HAJEK vs STARACE
bye vs [3] TSONGA

[6] BERDYCH vs bye
ZEBALLOS vs Qualifier
SCHWANK vs FOGNINI
Qualifier vs [12] HEWITT

[16] F LOPEZ vs DOLGOPOLOV JR
ROBERT vs ISTOMIN
KRAJNOVIC vs CHELA
bye vs [2] SODERLING

xohxmyx
04-18-2010, 08:58 AM
argh! to many of my favourite players are in this tournement together!!:unsure:

alisia
04-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Rafa's pulled out :awww: but that's good news for David :)

Third Time Lucky? - David Ferrer has finished runner-up to Rafael Nadal in the past two years at the Real Club de Tenis Barcelona-1899. The Spaniard was also beaten by his countryman in the 2007 semi-finals.

from the atp site

RogiFan88
04-19-2010, 11:35 PM
yay, no rafita finally in BCN

a real chance for someone else to win this title!

how about DAVID??? he's worked so hard these past years and now's his opportunity!!! he did well to make MC SF so let's keep progressing!

AMUNT, DAVID!!!!!!!!!!

Carol96
04-20-2010, 12:40 PM
I know folks, I know...!!!

(I was so hacked off when I saw the original draw, I wanted to cry "not fair!!!" Of course that was me just being silly, as a draw is a draw!)

Well, well: if Juan Carlos takes care of Jo-Willy again, then JC and Sod on the other side of the draw and Nando and Fer Gonzalez on David's side are the only real issues for David....

How about a repeat of the Acapulco final, eh? With the same result, naturally!!

"Third time lucky"? I so hope so - David works and fights so hard and deserves more success than he's had for a while now.

(and it makes my blood boil when people refer to 2007 as a "freak year"... - but then I find it hard to be impassive about this guy!)

alisia
04-20-2010, 09:36 PM
OOPS for Wednesday

E Schwank (ARG) vs [12] L Hewitt (AUS)
J Hajek (CZE) vs [3] J Tsonga (FRA)
Not Before 2:35 PM
[WC] M Granollers (ESP) vs [8] D Ferrer (ESP)
[7] J Ferrero (ESP) vs S Stakhovsky (UKR)
R Gasquet (FRA) vs [5] [WC] F Verdasco (ESP)

xohxmyx
04-21-2010, 05:42 AM
didnt they just play each other in monte carlo?:scratch:

alisia
04-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Eighth seed David Ferrer defeated wild card Marcel Granollers 7-5, 6-4 in one hour and 47 minutes in an all-Spanish second-round tussle. The No. 17-ranked Ferrer is hoping it will be third time lucky for him this year in Barcelona; the Valencia native has finished runner-up to Rafael Nadal in the final the past two years and has a 15-7 event record.

“It was a difficult match," reflected Ferrer. "Marcel started well, very strong, he surprised me a little and I took a while to find my rhythm and focus. In the second set I felt more comfortable and played better.

“I don’t think of myself as one of the favourites. With or without Rafa there are great players and now the important thing for me is to get to the next round and to take it step by step. It’s difficult enough to get to the final of the Godó, so I try to not to think about it, and just go match by match.”

The 28-year-old Ferrer won his eighth ATP World Tour title earlier in the year on clay at the Abierto Mexicano Telcel (d. Ferrero) and was also a runner-up at the Copa Telmex in Buenos Aires. He has a 16-2 mark on clay this season.

Ferrer next will face Italian Simone Bolelli, who edged Spanish wild card Alberto Martin 7-6(2), 7-6(1).

alisia
04-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Oops for Thursday

[1] D Nestor (CAN) / N Zimonjic (SRB) vs J Kerr (AUS) / R Lindstedt (SWE)
[Q] S Bolelli (ITA) vs [8] D Ferrer (ESP)
Not Before 2:35 PM
[15] N Almagro (ESP) vs [3] J Tsonga (FRA)
[11] J Melzer (AUT) vs [5] [WC] F Verdasco (ESP)
[16] F Lopez (ESP) vs [2] R Soderling (SWE)

alisia
04-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Nice easy day for David winning 6-0 3-0

ORDER OF PLAY - FRIDAY, 23 APRIL, 2010

PISTA CENTRAL start 12:30 pm
[13] T Bellucci (BRA) vs [8] D Ferrer (ESP)
Not Before 2:45 PM
E Gulbis (LAT) vs [5] [WC] F Verdasco (ESP)
E Schwank (ARG) vs [2] R Soderling (SWE)
T de Bakker (NED) vs [3] J Tsonga (FRA)

alisia
04-23-2010, 10:07 PM
David won 6-4 6-0 :worship:

ORDER OF PLAY - SATURDAY, 24 APRIL, 2010

PISTA CENTRAL start 1:30 pm
[8] D Ferrer (ESP) vs [5] [WC] F Verdasco (ESP)
T de Bakker (NED) vs [2] R Soderling (SWE)
L Hewitt (AUS) / M Knowles (BAH) vs [8] M Fyrstenberg (POL) / M Matkowski (POL)

alisia
04-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Draw for 2011 is out & it could be another Rafa v David final :p

First Round
(1)Rafael Nadal (ESP) bye
Daniel Gimeno Traver (ESP) vs Potito Starace (ITA)
Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo (ESP) vs (WC)Albert Ramos (ESP)
Santiago Giraldo (COL) vs (13)Thomaz Bellucci (BRA)
(9)Richard Gasquet (FRA) vs Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG)
Tobias Kamke (GER) vs Blaz Kavcic (SLO)
(q) vs Robin Haase (NED)
(7)Gael Monfils (FRA) bye

(3)Robin Soderling (SWE) bye
(q) vs Ivan Dodig (CRO)
Robert Kendrick (USA) vs (q)
Radek Stepanek (CZE) vs (15)Milos Raonic (CAN)
(12)Guillermo Garcia Lopez (ESP) vs Denis Istomin (UZB)
Feliciano Lopez (ESP) vs Mikhail Kukushkin (KAZ)
Kei Nishikori (JPN) vs Pere Riba (ESP)
(5)Tomas Berdych (CZE) bye

(6)Jurgen Melzer (AUT) bye
Marcel Granollers (ESP) vs Daniel Brands (GER)
(q) vs (WC)Pablo Carreno Busta (ESP)
Teymuraz Gabashvili (RUS) vs (11)Albert Montanes (ESP)
(14)Kevin Anderson (RSA) vs Pablo Cuevas (URU)
Andrey Golubev (KAZ) vs Victor Hanescu (ROU)
(q) vs Carlos Berlocq (ARG)
(4)David Ferrer (ESP) bye

(8)Nicolas Almagro (ESP) bye
(WC)Gerard Granollers Pujol (ESP) vs Pablo Andujar (ESP)
(WC)Andrey Kuznetsov (RUS) vs (q)
Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) vs (10)Alexandr Dolgopolov (UKR)
(16)(WC)Juan Monaco (ARG) vs Grigor Dimitrov (BUL)
Fabio Fognini (ITA) vs (q)
Xavier Malisse (BEL) vs Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP)
(2)Andy Murray (GBR) bye

Edda
04-17-2011, 02:33 AM
Good luck, David!

cobalt60
04-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Not a bad draw at all; BOL.

iramlatif
04-18-2011, 07:47 PM
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150218943031023.349962.394317181022 Does this guy get anymore perfect?? He cooks too!!! Lots of David and Robredo pics if u click on the link. Hope Ferrer does well in Barcelona!

Edda
04-19-2011, 02:53 AM
Wow! I'm liking David more and more every day, if that's possible.

alisia
04-19-2011, 09:55 PM
ORDER OF PLAY - WEDNESDAY, 20 APRIL, 2011

PISTA CENTRAL start 11:00 am

J Ferrero (ESP) vs [LL] M Zverev (GER)

C Berlocq (ARG) vs [4] D Ferrer (ESP)
[1] R Nadal (ESP) vs D Gimeno-Traver (ESP)
[6] J Melzer (AUT) vs M Granollers (ESP)
[3] R Soderling (SWE) vs I Dodig (CRO)

Edda
04-20-2011, 02:52 AM
Good luck, Ferru!

alisia
04-20-2011, 08:20 PM
ORDER OF PLAY - THURSDAY, 21 APRIL, 2011

PISTA CENTRAL start 11:00 am
[1] B Bryan (USA) / M Bryan (USA) vs F Cermak (CZE) / A Ram (ISR)

V Hanescu (ROU) vs [4] D Ferrer (ESP)
[1] R Nadal (ESP) vs S Giraldo (COL)
[8] N Almagro (ESP) vs [Q] E Roger-Vasselin (FRA) or N Davydenko (RUS)
I Dodig (CRO) vs [Q] S Greul (GER) or [15] M Raonic (CAN) - Possible Court Change

Sonja1989
04-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Good start Ferru! :D

Good luck tomorrow. ;)

iramlatif
04-20-2011, 08:44 PM
if David wins Barcelona will he rank 5? Soderling lost today (which is shocking considering he was finalist last year).

Carol96
04-20-2011, 09:39 PM
alisia, y' could be right...(and who knows..)

Stoopid work meant I was in a meeting an only peeped at livescores after the event... but most of the Armarda did pretty well too!

pinkkiwi72
04-20-2011, 11:26 PM
Congrats to David F. for his win against Berlocq. Hope he keeps going all the way to the final. shock loss for Soderling??

Below is YouTube video - not mine, just politely borrowed - David F. cooking in Barcelona. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es3To0q1JXs

Edda
04-21-2011, 02:57 AM
Oh, Ferru! Good luck to you tomorrow! It would be exciting to see two Spaniards in the top five. David has been playing so well. I'm excited for him!

Ad Wim
04-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Vamos David! Reach another final please. He is by far my favourite player, such a joy to watch, especially on clay. A lot of nice weeks to come!

Edda
04-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Ferru is a nice guy and a tough competitor! I have liked him since I saw his amazing come from behind victory over Stepanek at the 2009 Davis Cup. Vamos, Ferru!

alisia
04-21-2011, 08:59 PM
David won 6-3 6-2 :) next up Melzer :tape:

ORDER OF PLAY - FRIDAY, 22 APRIL, 2011

PISTA CENTRAL start 12:30 pm
[1] R Nadal (ESP) vs [7] G Monfils (FRA)
[6] J Melzer (AUT) vs [4] D Ferrer (ESP)
I Dodig (CRO) or [15] M Raonic (CAN) vs F Lopez (ESP)
[8] N Almagro (ESP) vs [Q] S Vagnozzi (ITA) or J Ferrero (ESP)

Carol96
04-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Wow David looks like he's cooking something amaaaazing (and unhealthy!!!) there: such a sweet guy he seems so co-operative and happy in all that he does! *gooey*

Didn't affect his results tho did it??

VAMOS Ferru!!

Sommarsverige
04-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Vamos Ferru against Melzer :worship:

Beat him again, like last week ;)

alisia
04-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Wow David looks like he's cooking something amaaaazing (and unhealthy!!!) there: such a sweet guy he seems so co-operative and happy in all that he does! *gooey*

Didn't affect his results tho did it??

VAMOS Ferru!!

I think him smoking like a chimney is more likely to have an affect :p

iramlatif
04-21-2011, 10:57 PM
I think him smoking like a chimney is more likely to have an affect :p

what?? U r not serious r u? Do u mean smoking a cigeratte? I don't think any sports figures would do that?!!

But hope he does beat Melzer. Hopefully there will be another Rafa-David match.

pinkkiwi72
04-22-2011, 02:47 AM
again congrats to David for beating Hanescu, I hope he keeps going all the way to the final and this time win!!

Edda
04-22-2011, 03:18 AM
Vamos, David! Beat Melzer again! Make another final, hopefully with Rafa or Juanqui! The Armada Boys are doing very well so far!

martine wagoner
04-22-2011, 03:22 AM
It would be wnderful, awesome to see Daveeeed win in Barcelona but there is that one hurdle...Rafa. It would beawesome though.

Edda
04-22-2011, 03:23 AM
I love that video! David looks so cute!

martine wagoner
04-22-2011, 03:23 AM
He would deserve it. He puts in 110% effort mentally and physically.

martine wagoner
04-22-2011, 03:24 AM
What video?

Edda
04-22-2011, 03:44 AM
I would be excited if either David or Rafa won the final-I like them both!

alisia
04-22-2011, 05:04 PM
David won 6-3 6-3 :D tho he had to have the trainer out at 1-2 down in the 2nd set for a knee problem :awww:

Sommarsverige
04-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Hope Davids knee is okay....

Congrats for winning against Melzer again and good luck tomorrow :worship:

alisia
04-23-2011, 10:57 AM
ORDER OF PLAY - SATURDAY, 23 APRIL, 2011

PISTA CENTRAL start 1:30 pm
[4] D Ferrer (ESP) vs [8] N Almagro (ESP)

Not Before 4:00 PM
[1] R Nadal (ESP) vs I Dodig (CRO)
[1] B Bryan (USA) / M Bryan (USA) vs [4] L Kubot (POL) / O Marach (AUT)

PISTA 1 start 3:00 pm
S Gonzalez (MEX) / S Lipsky (USA) vs [2] M Mirnyi (BLR) / D Nestor (CAN)

Edda
04-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Good luck, David! I hope your knee is okay! I hope to see another David and Rafa final!

alisia
04-23-2011, 02:49 PM
David bt Nico Almagro 6-3 6-4 :D

cobalt60
04-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Yes he did;) Another Rafa-David final; oh the joy of it all.

Carol96
04-23-2011, 03:07 PM
YESSSS....
David vs ???Rafa on clay again! Just hope David this time gets to hoist the darn thing!!

It takes a really strong guy to lift that piece of the silversmith's art... OK Rafa's got the bod and has had a LOT of practice (and has a replica at home to practice with) but David is one of the few other guys who I think has the upper body strength to hoist it in one go (Fernando did it in 2 as I recall last year... correct me plz if my memory is (more than likely) faulty)

alisia
04-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Ferrer Reaches Second Successive Final

World No. 6 David Ferrer reached his second successive ATP World Tour final on Saturday as he recorded his seventh win in seven meetings with fellow Spaniard Nicolas Almagro, 6-3, 6-4, at the Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell.

Last week, Ferrer did not drop a set en route to reaching his second ATP World Tour Masters 1000 final at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters, where he finished runner-up to Rafael Nadal. Earlier in the year he was victorious on hard court at Auckland (d. Nalbandian) and on clay at Acapulco, where he also defeated Almagro.

The Valencia resident created 12 break point chances on Almagro’s serve and was able to convert three times as he sealed victory in one hour and 36 minutes. He is through to the final of this ATP World Tour 500 clay-court tennis tournament for the third time, having finished runner-up to Nadal in 2008 and 2009.

“Nicolas is going through a good moment but I played really well, maybe it was my best match of the week today," said Ferrer. "I won in two stets but it was a tough match. I returned really well throughout the match and was very focused. I am on good form, playing with a lot of confidence and I’m winning a lot of matches on clay which is important as it’s my favourite surface.”

Almagro’s run this week means the Murcia native will be the 17th different Spaniard to break the Top 10 of the South African Airways ATP Rankings on Monday. The 25 year old, who won back-to-back titles in Costa do Sauipe and Buenos Aires in February, dropped to a 25-7 match record on the season.

Ferrer will have the chance to avenge those defeats to Nadal, as well as last week’s loss in the Monte-Carlo final, when he faces the World No. 1 in Sunday's final.

“Rafa is the best clay-court player in the history of the game," declared Ferrer. "I will try and do better than last week, play my best tennis and fight until the end.”