Nadal defeats Gaudio, 5-7, 6-1, 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal defeats Gaudio, 5-7, 6-1, 6-1

LLeytonRules
04-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Thank god that match was over, i cant stand watching Gaudio and his deadness.

BATES
It was not as easy as it seems. Nadal had to fight 2.40 hours to win it.
Well played both!

rofe
Gaudio shanked and tanked his way to this loss. Pathetic.

LLeytonRules
04-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Gaudio has no fighting spirit.

Billabong
Gaudio's level dropped so much after he got broken in the second set, Nadal is 100 times mentally stronger than Gaston:o Gaston didn't believe at all he could win this...

The Daviator
Vamos Rafa! :yeah:

Nacho
04-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Congrats Rafa! :bounce:

I loved when hew wrote "FINAL" on the camera screen :D

hitchhiker
04-22-2006, 03:33 PM
3rd best player on clay just got murdered once the best player on clay raised his game after the first set.
if best player on clay focuses from the start tomorrow then the second best player on clay is going to get a real beating.

LLeytonRules
04-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Gaston needs more then therapy :devil: , great fighting spirit from Nadal.U know u gonna get that from Rafa!

OddJob
Congrats to Rafa!

Oh Gaston will u ever get ur head together :sad:

Saumon
Congrats Rafa! :bounce:

I loved when hew wrote "FINAL" on the camera screen :D
ohh cute

Yashirobai
would you agree asying the ranking of "best players on clay" is like this right now:
1. nadal
2. federer
3. gaudio
4. ferrer
5. coria

Liverpool4ever
04-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Gaudio played just as well as anyone has ever played before on a clay court in the 1st set and still only won in 7-5. This speaks volumes for Nadal's ability and there is no shame in Gaudio loosing the last two sets 6-1. It also shows that no one can sustain the level needed to beat Nadal on clay. However, at least this match gave others the blueprint of the style that will cause Nadal difficultites on clay.

LLeytonRules
Hey hitchhiker, give me a break, Gaudio needs therapy, the guy's mind is fragile, not to mention he has no fighting spirit.

Rogiman
if best player on clay focuses from the start tomorrow then the second best player on clay is going to get a real beating.
I guarantee you Federer will not lose any set 1:6.

Some RG champ you are, Gaston...

asotgod
04-22-2006, 03:36 PM
3rd best player on clay just got murdered once the best player on clay raised his game after the first set.

I think you will be in for a great surprise tomorrow should Roger get to the final today. The match really depends on how Roger plays IMO, not Nadal. We all know what Nadal is gonna bring to the court and some of what Roger will bring. But, more importantly, if Roger denies Nadal of a target and works the ball as much as possible by being slightly more patient, then it will be a relatively straight forward win for Roger, even on clay. Watch!

propi
04-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Looooong match :o
I fear Rafa will be tired tomorrow :scared:
Let's hope he can be completely fine for tomorrow :o
Gato conchitón :( Good luck for your next tournament :D

rue
04-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Nadal should be fine. He had weeks to prepare for this tournament and don't think that he would be tired at all. He will be very motivated tomorrow, especially if he is going to play Federer in the final. That should be a very good one.

Yappa

Nadal didnt really raise his game too much. IMO it was mainly Gaudio who just fell apart.

Castafiore
Congratulations, Rafa! :yeah: He broke Muster's record! :) He'd better focus from the first moment tomorrow.

Gaudio's first set was great to watch: what a beautiful backhand that man has.... but it was 'lights out' after that.

Stupid idiots from France 2 stopped showing the match after set 2 to show rugby instead. :mad:

rofe
I am in a way glad that Nadal won. If Fed wins against Gonzo he will get to meet Nadal again so that he can get more experience against him on clay. His h2h could quite easily be 1-4 against Nadal as well :scared:

marti_228
04-22-2006, 03:40 PM
I want Federer to win tomorrow, I cannot stand Nadal.

hitchhiker
04-22-2006, 03:41 PM
The match really depends on how Roger plays IMO, not Nadal.

i know everyone has written off nadals wins so far as roger played badly but eventually that ceases to be a excuse. how many off days is roger going to have against the wall?

We all know what Nadal is gonna bring to the court and some of what Roger will bring.

yeah we all know nadal plays the most boring type of tennis imaginable but so far its been more then enough against federer and i dont see it changing on a clay court

Castafiore
04-22-2006, 03:41 PM
I love it how some people on MTF always insist that a Rafael Nadal match - whether win or lose - always depends on the other guy who choked, raised his level, dropped his level.

hitchhiker
04-22-2006, 03:42 PM
IMO it was mainly Gaudio who just fell apart.

its always nadals opponents who fall apart because its hard to play against a wall. thats how he wins.

chicky841
04-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Shitty!! I know the odds were definately in Rafa's favor but I would of liked to see Gaston make it hard for Rafa....though at least he won the first set. Good luck to Rafa tomorow!!

LLeytonRules
04-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Just watch the match, Gaudio's level of play dropped, his mind is weak, his serving percentage dipped just like his brain.

rue
I love it how some people on MTF always insist that a Rafael Nadal match - whether win or lose - always depends on the other guy who choked, raised his level, dropped his level.

I also find that very interesting too. People just want to hate on Nadal. What will they say again if he beats Federer tomorrow. It might be the same excuse as always.

Nadal is good and it is his game that throws people off their own game. It has nothing to do with the opponent at all.

Nacho
I want Federer to win tomorrow, I cannot stand Nadal.

perhaps it has something to do with the fact that he keeps beating all the argentinian players :devil: ;)

I hope Gonzo can put up a real fight against Roger now

raeesa301
04-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Hope Federer/Gonzo beat Nadal tomorrow

lucashg
Nadal didnt really raise his game too much. IMO it was mainly Gaudio who just fell apart.

Exactly. I don't even think he actually raised his game, as Gaudio completely faded away. The first set had great, great quality - from both guys. You didn't see that kind of quality throughout the sets Nadal won, mainly because Gaudio just wasn't there and Nadal didn't have to do much.

Gaudio is a pathetic headcase, that's no news. He could've given more out there, but I think in the end he was really exhausted, not only mentally, but also physically. Still, a very good run for him. Hope he keeps up for the rest of the clay season, when he's on he's always a pleasure to watch - too bad that doesn't happen too often and can't last for an entire match.

hitchhiker
Just watch the match, Gaudio's level of play dropped, his mind is weak, his serving percentage dipped just like his brain.

and it will be the same tomorrow. federer lost concentration, federer couldnt sustain it,, bad day, federer will get used to the topspin etc etc

rofe
I also find that very interesting too. People just want to hate on Nadal. What will they say again if he beats Federer tomorrow. It might be the same excuse as always.

Nadal is good and it is his game that throws people off their own game. It has nothing to do with the opponent at all.

Actually that is not true. I don't think anyone made excuses when Nadal won against Fed in Dubai.

Gaston has a history of tanking matches so it is a good argument that Gaston just faded away.

Liverpool4ever
04-22-2006, 03:46 PM
I love it how some people on MTF always insist that a Rafael Nadal match - whether win or lose - always depends on the other guy who choked, raised his level, dropped his level

That's because in a sense Nadal is almost never really in control of the outcome of a match. If many players at their very best level they will outplay him. The problem is that no one is able to play like that for an entire match. So the players level does drop, but that was only because they were playing at such a high level that it can not be sustained and then Nadal runs away with it. Nadal is not like a Sampras, Federer and Safin, because he does allow you the chance to play your very best tennis, but I repeat the level needed to beat him is too high for anyone to keep up.

asotgod
04-22-2006, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=hitchhiker]i know everyone has written off nadals wins so far as roger played badly but eventually that ceases to be a excuse. how many off days is roger going to have against the wall?

Listen, dont get what I said twisted. Nadal won fair and square. Whoever wins the most sets in a match wins and I know that. However, I did not say Roger played badly. He did not. He just had a bad strategy. Having watched the Dubai match again, I noticed that Roger was getting somewhat impatient like he used to against Hewitt and Nalbandian. So, he tried to be too aggressive and finish many points on time with ill advised transitions or forays to the net, which were easy pickings for Nadal. He needs to be even more patient when playing Nadal than when playing Hewitt or Nalby. The fact of the matter is Nadal loves a target, and plays more often than not until his opponents make errors. That does not mean he cannot hit winners or volley sometimes, but if he is denied of a target and his opponent stays with him on each point and let him instead try to finish the point, you will discover that he is more prone to error then. As long as Roger is more patient in finishing the points, he will win relatively easily. If he doesn't, Nadal wins. That's just it. Watch!

Chloe le Bopper
04-22-2006, 03:48 PM
I love that hitchhiker is making the most sense of anybody in this thread.

*Ljubica*
04-22-2006, 03:48 PM
As someone said earlier in this thread - Gastón was just superb in the 1st set :worship: It was one of the best and most enjoyable sets of tennis I have seen for a very long tme. After that, agreed, - his level dropped - he got very tired and Nadal is so hard to play against because he chases everything. However, in fairness, although the scoreline in the last 2 sets looks bad - Gastón did fight much harder than the scoreline suggests- he broke back in the final set, and many games were closely contested.

Supporting Gastón is always an emotional roller coaster - he doesn't make it easy for his fans :eek: - but I am proud of him this week.

PaulieM
04-22-2006, 03:49 PM
somebody please get gaudio a shrink, his game is very pretty but man it can be brutal to watch him when he loses it mentally. :awww:
good job rafa for putting pressure on him and doing what gaston usually can't which is fight, and congrats for beating muster's streak. :)

asotgod
04-22-2006, 03:51 PM

No problem if he wins tomorrow. I will give credit where due. That doesn't take anything but from having watched their matches so far, I know Roger needs to deny him of a target.

Raquel
04-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Another brilliant performance from Nadal. Some of the gets still astound me. Should be used to them by now ;)

Sparko1030
04-22-2006, 03:54 PM
:yeah: Rafa
:hug: Gaston

I like both of the players. I'm really happy Gaston has had a great tournament.

Good luck to Rafa in the final :hatoff: (although if Fernando wins today Rafa must loose! ;) )

oneandonlyhsn
04-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Gaston :sobbing: flashes of brilliance in that 1st set

Congrats Rafa :yeah:

daze11
04-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Nadal didnt really raise his game too much. IMO it was mainly Gaudio who just fell apart.definitely. he raised his game because he wasnt facing anything. this match triply confirmed for me how very beatable he is. gaston.....is actually crazier than kiefer! :lol: but all he had to do was play his game and he was clearly stronger today and would have prevailed comfortably in 2 sets if his mental ward escapee card hadnt run out.

rafa has already lost 3 times in not particularly close matches this year and this should have been a 4th. not sure why so many on MTF have this 'there are only 2 players' claim. who are they? federer and federer?

Alvarillo
04-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Vamos Rafa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

daze11
04-22-2006, 04:05 PM
That's because in a sense Nadal is almost never really in control of the outcome of a match. If many players at their very best level they will outplay him.exactly.

Yappa
04-22-2006, 04:06 PM
First Puerta at last years FO and now GG. Hopefully Federer will be able to play high quality Clay Court Tennis over the whole match! If not him, then who?

Cashif
04-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Congrats Nadal:yeah::bigclap:

ChloeLove
04-22-2006, 04:09 PM

I completely agree with you, and Castafiore. It's a stupid excuse to say it was the fault of the player he was playing, and that is why he won. Yeah . . . that really makes a lot of sense. He has won 41 consecutive matches on clay, because everyone he has played is not mentally strong, or messed up. Learn to give credit, when it's due. :rolleyes:

cornellboy
04-22-2006, 04:11 PM
You're all right - Nadal has been lucky to have had 41 straight opponents "lose" to him on clay. He definitely didn't "beat" any of them.

:rolleyes:

PaulieM
04-22-2006, 04:12 PM
I completely agree with you, and Castafiore. It's a stupid excuse to say it was the fault of the player he was playing, and that is why he won. Yeah . . . that really makes a lot of sense. He has won 41 consecutive matches on clay, because everyone he has played is not mentally strong, or messed up. Learn to give credit, when it's due. :rolleyes:

he's hardly the only player it gets said about. don't make too much of it. :shrug:

lilfairyprincess
04-22-2006, 04:17 PM
congratulations for that great comeback rafa :bounce: and good luck tomoro in the final!!!

and also congratulations to gaston for a brilliant first set of tennis!..just too bad it cudnt be sustained :sad: :hug:

oneandonlyhsn
04-22-2006, 04:23 PM

I disagree with what people are saying that its all his opponents but you have to agree that Nadals style of play wears his opposition down. If you look at the score-line for most of his matches last year the 1st set is close and the other 2 are usually very 1 sided. IMO its the topspin that really starts to hurt his opponents shoulders and he wears them down physically so they cant play well throughout. I believe some commentators were saying the same thing too.

IMO thats what make Rafa a great claycourter, he can hit great shots and wear his opposition down. If you decide to pick apart most of the posts on MYF its just going to give you brain ulcers

daze11
04-22-2006, 04:24 PM
that really makes a lot of sense. He has won 41 consecutive matches on clay, because everyone he has played is not mentally strong, or messed up. Learn to give credit, when it's due. :rolleyes: yes, that was LAST year and he was great. now he has much more fear, less consistency, and feels pressure more. its easy to be the rising star for 1 year but then it hits you & you experience pressure & expectation. hes not the same player as last year and i guess to some of us, that is obvious. for others, you will have to be shown more directly. that will happen tomorrow.

NYCtennisfan
04-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Good win for Nadal. Gaston played great in the 1st set and then Nadal stepped it up. Once Gaston got broken early in the 2nd set, you knew Nadal as going to roll him. Federer vs. Nadal (looks like that will be the final right now) will be a good one.

tenniswiz
04-22-2006, 05:17 PM
definitely. he raised his game because he wasnt facing anything. this match triply confirmed for me how very beatable he is. gaston.....is actually crazier than kiefer! :lol: but all he had to do was play his game and he was clearly stronger today and would have prevailed comfortably in 2 sets if his mental ward escapee card hadnt run out.

rafa has already lost 3 times in not particularly close matches this year and this should have been a 4th. not sure why so many on MTF have this 'there are only 2 players' claim. who are they? federer and federer?
Yup. Nadal is a DISTANT no. 2 and if he loses tomorrow to Federer, then his no. 2 status will vanish a LOT sooner than expected.
Go Roger - walk all over Rafa in tomorrow's final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mallorn
04-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Well done, Rafa! :yeah:
I love that hitchhiker is making the most sense of anybody in this thread.
:lol: :yeah:
this match triply confirmed for me how very beatable he is
:haha: Yes, I'm sure Coria and Gaudio would agree with you. And his claycourt streak is also perfect proof of that.

tenniswiz
04-22-2006, 05:20 PM
yes, that was LAST year and he was great. now he has much more fear, less consistency, and feels pressure more. its easy to be the rising star for 1 year but then it hits you & you experience pressure & expectation. hes not the same player as last year and i guess to some of us, that is obvious. for others, you will have to be shown more directly. that will happen tomorrow.
Totally with ya on this one. Rafa's no longer a tennis prodigy. That was last year and it's over now. It's time for him to taste the bitterness of reality now that his days as No. 2 will be over very soon. :devil:

daze11
04-22-2006, 05:21 PM
:haha: Yes, I'm sure Coria and Gaudio would agree with you. And his claycourt streak is also perfect proof of that.yes, actually, coria said he was beatable even yesterday. he WASNT beatable when feeling nauseous, faint & exhausted from winning 2 matches in a row that nadal would not have had the belief or character to win, however. :)

nobama
04-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Nadal is good and it is his game that throws people off their own game. It has nothing to do with the opponent at all.Oh please. Did you actually watch the match? Nadal was consistently good and Gaudio folded like a cheap tent. Nadal didn't need to raise his level, he was playing well from the start. He just needed to maintain it, which he did.

mecir72
04-22-2006, 05:25 PM
I disagree with what people are saying that its all his opponents but you have to agree that Nadals style of play wears his opposition down. If you look at the score-line for most of his matches last year the 1st set is close and the other 2 are usually very 1 sided. IMO its the topspin that really starts to hurt his opponents shoulders and he wears them down physically so they cant play well throughout. I believe some commentators were saying the same thing too.

IMO thats what make Rafa a great claycourter, he can hit great shots and wear his opposition down. If you decide to pick apart most of the posts on MYF its just going to give you brain ulcers

Exactly and this was also very true with Muster. Close first set and then the opposition faded away.

mallorn
04-22-2006, 05:42 PM
yes, actually, coria said he was beatable even yesterday.
Actually, this is what Coria said:
GUILLERMO CORIA: (Through translation.) Well, I was concerned because I was trembling. I felt nauseous. I was very tired. They took my blood pressure early because I had doubts, but when they told me it was normal, I was relaxed. They just told me that I was very tired and today it was warmer than the other days.

Also, Nadal plays very aggressively. His balls are very heavy. It cost me a lot to play.

In fact, it's very difficult. Nadal played very well the important points, and even if I had been 100% fit, it would have been difficult for me because he played with a lot of confidence.
Clearly he agrees with you that Rafa is very beatable.
he WASNT beatable when feeling nauseous, faint & exhausted from winning 2 matches in a row that nadal would not have had the belief or character to win, however. :)
Was Gaudio nauseous too? I mean, before the match? :devil:

You seem to have the power of seeing the future and even knowing what would have been in a parallel reality. Good for you. :)

PS Since irony and sarcasm do not work very well on MTF, let me clarify that I do NOT think Rafa is unbeatable, on any surface. But claiming that he's "very beatable" on clay is absurd.

Howard
04-22-2006, 05:47 PM
You're all right - Nadal has been lucky to have had 41 straight opponents "lose" to him on clay. He definitely didn't "beat" any of them.

:rolleyes:That’s what a lot of people used to say about Borg. He never “beat” anyone, he just kept getting the ball back until they beat themselves. But he still got the trophies. There are lots of ways to win tennis matches and they all count the same.

As for Nadal “peaking out” at 19, I think that’s ridiculous. The guy has tremendous physical attributes, athletic abilities and mental toughness. And his tennis is only going to get better. Barring injury, which is always the big unknown these days, I think he’s going to be a top player for many years.

ChloeLove
04-22-2006, 05:57 PM
That’s what a lot of people used to say about Borg. He never “beat” anyone, he just kept getting the ball back until they beat themselves. But he still got the trophies. There are lots of ways to win tennis matches and they all count the same.

As for Nadal “peaking out” at 19, I think that’s ridiculous. The guy has tremendous physical attributes, athletic abilities and mental toughness. And his tennis is only going to get better. Barring injury, which is always the big unknown these days, I think he’s going to be a top player for many years.
I agree with you, and despite what has been said, people on this board continue to repeat themeselves, reusing the same excuses that explain why Rafa won a match.

Why is it that everytime Rafa wins it's because the other play folded? Maybe it has something to do with Rafa's game? He wins matches, and that's what matters. I personally find him to be one of the most exciting players out there today.

daze11
04-22-2006, 05:58 PM
PS Since irony and sarcasm do not work very well on MTF, let me clarify that I do NOT think Rafa is unbeatable, on any surface. But claiming that he's "very beatable" on clay is absurd.since we agree that irony & sarcasm do not work well on MTF, i will clarify that "very" beatable is not meant that he is average and easy to beat, but in contrast to UNbeatable as so many are presenting him, he is VERY beatable. he has an amazing game & is one of the worlds very best. but if coria thinks he can beat him, gaudio thinks so, blake thinks so, clemente thinks so...that is all i'm saying. i realize 'very' makes it seem like a write-off, but its only in response to the invincibility delusion of SO MANY saying there are only 2 players on tour at the moment. and federer has earned being placed in that category, but nadal himself--this was quoted yesterday on TV--said federer is head & shoulders above him & everyone else.

connectolove
04-22-2006, 06:12 PM
What happened to gaston happens to many tennis players that want to beat Nadal in a deseperate way, like Coria, etc. They want to do their best, and they do, so they do great in the first set. Then after that they fall apart because nobody can keep up with that level. They can only do it for a short while. Nadal is completely the opposite. He starts slow and grows in the game. He is very consistent and in GREAT shape.

I just came back from watching Carlos Costa beating John McEnroe in Barcelona, it was a great game and John did not smash any racquets. Next week I'll enjoy the Open Godo from a press chair, EXCELLENT!

federated
04-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Gaudio played just as well as anyone has ever played before on a clay court in the 1st set and still only won in 7-5. This speaks volumes for Nadal's ability and there is no shame in Gaudio loosing the last two sets 6-1. It also shows that no one can sustain the level needed to beat Nadal on clay. However, at least this match gave others the blueprint of the style that will cause Nadal difficultites on clay.

that was a great first set, but gaudio made too many errors in it--and in the rest of the match. gaudio had a real chance in this match--he just got wayyyy too negative. I noticed how towards the end he was yelling at himself for missing first serves, and never--not ONCE in the whole match--did I see him get pumped up or pat himself on the back for making a great shot (and he made MANY). The guy needs to get his head straight. He could have definitely won this match. Just makes me feel sorry for him--he's clearly a perfectionist and I can't help but think his parents were really critical of him as a child. I mean, he is MENTAL.

A_Skywalker
04-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Nadal did just fine , now lets concentrate and make it 4-1 , good luck Rafa

mallorn
04-22-2006, 06:25 PM
since we agree that irony & sarcasm do not work well on MTF, i will clarify that "very" beatable is not meant that he is average and easy to beat, but in contrast to UNbeatable as so many are presenting him, he is VERY beatable. he has an amazing game & is one of the worlds very best. but if coria thinks he can beat him, gaudio thinks so, blake thinks so, clemente thinks so...that is all i'm saying. i realize 'very' makes it seem like a write-off, but its only in response to the invincibility delusion of SO MANY saying there are only 2 players on tour at the moment. and federer has earned being placed in that category, but nadal himself--this was quoted yesterday on TV--said federer is head & shoulders above him & everyone else.
That I can agree with, especially "he has an amazing game & is one of the worlds very best." ;) Obviously he's not unbeatable, no one is and people who say things like "There's no way Roger can win tomorrow" are :cuckoo:. Roger has a great chance to win tomorrow.

Rafa's always been saying Roger is in a class of his own in terms of tennis ability. He actually calls him "extraterrestrial". :lol:

As for "the invincibility delusion of SO MANY saying there are only 2 players on tour at the moment", first of all maybe the people who believe this are the most vocal ones, not the most numerous. :shrug: Second of all, the vast points advantage Roger and Rafa have over the rest and their dominance on hard/grass and clay respectively may give such an impression. Again, let me say that I don't believe that Roger and (especially) Rafa have no competition. What I do believe is that they are the two players most difficult to beat atm (and the Earth isn't flat. ;) ).

DrJules
04-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Impressed by attacking play of Gaudio. The defensive role was played by Nadal. Too many unforced errors in sets 2 and 3.

ReturnWinner
04-22-2006, 07:12 PM
pfff gaston :sad: anyway i am happy he made the semis and took a set of nadal playing gret tennis :D

today the more talented player lost and the stronger minded and fitter one won

hopefully tomorrow the more talented will win . that is to say federer

Jairus
04-22-2006, 07:31 PM
would you agree asying the ranking of "best players on clay" is like this right now:
1. nadal
2. federer
3. gaudio
4. ferrer
5. coria

NO!
1. FISH!
2. Nadal
3. federer
4. blah blah...

:D :D

Lala186
04-22-2006, 07:45 PM
I DON´T KNOW WHY I CANT STAND NADAL

Blazed
04-22-2006, 07:50 PM

:rolleyes:

:lol:

liisa
04-22-2006, 07:52 PM
I DON´T KNOW WHY I CANT STAND NADAL

BECAUSE YOU REALIZE YOU CAN'T FEEL HIS ASS

Leo
04-22-2006, 08:02 PM
:lol: Way to sustain a high level, Gaston.

Fergie
04-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Gaston :(

oneandonlyhsn
04-22-2006, 08:43 PM
:shrug: Reading through this forum will quickly show you that people liking some players and not liking others isn't necessarily an objective thing. Like, as much as I don't mind Mary Pierce, I'm sure I'd like her a lot more if she wasn't a dead ringer for the gold-digging ho my dad is currently seeing. :haha:

In other words, don't break your brain over it. :angel:

:rolls:

Scotso
04-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Rafa :bounce:

Now win the title :worship:

cobalt60
04-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Oh well. I would have liked to see that beautiful one handed backhand in the final.

fenomeno2111
04-22-2006, 09:20 PM

Exactly, as we all know Nadal is a psychic and make his opponents lose. All that thing about RG and 11 titles last year...He's sooo overrated :o

musefanatic
04-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Well done Nadal, the final everyone wanted to see yet again!! :)

almouchie
04-22-2006, 10:46 PM
great comeback for Nadal
on his day Gaudio can be a threat
Nadal is proving a solid player one for years to come

Action Jackson
04-23-2006, 09:52 AM
hitchhiker, pretty much summed it up.

Gaudio has mental problems, next the discovery that night follows day. So of course he chose the perfect player to show these mental frailties against.

It's not a style fest and as long as Nadal wins, he plays whatever is the best way for him. This is a radical statement that I am going to type here. Chances are that if a player doesn't believe they are going to win, in most cases they won't.