One-handed backhands - are they in the summer 06 fashion line-up? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

One-handed backhands - are they in the summer 06 fashion line-up?

rofe
04-22-2006, 03:24 AM
Spring 06 has been dominated by the fashionable one-handed backhand. IW had one-handed backhand finalists and so did Miami. Monte-Carlo has three players in the semi-finals with one-handed goodness.

mangoes
04-22-2006, 03:28 AM
Gaudio's one-handed backhand down the line was simply beautiful to watch today :)

Deboogle!.
04-22-2006, 03:30 AM
Gasquet.

(sorry, there can't be a discussion of one-handed backhands without his name. Carry on now:p)

mangoes
04-22-2006, 03:32 AM
Hi Deb :wavey: So true........I forgot about Gasquet.......

rofe
04-22-2006, 03:33 AM
Gasquet.

(sorry, there can't be a discussion of one-handed backhands without his name. Carry on now:p)

I agree. I just hope the rest of his game comes together so that I get to watch that beautiful backhand. :inlove:

Deboogle!.
04-22-2006, 03:34 AM
Hi Deb :wavey: So true........I forgot about Gasquet.......
hello :) feeling better I hope?

:eek: You FORGOT ABOUT GASQUET???? gasp gasp. I hope he is healthy soon, I must see his BH on tv during Rome! My MSN Plus filter for the word "backhand" isn't Gasquet or anything :o

Though Gaudio's indeed was in fine form today so I can understand :p.

Let's give a holla to Tommy Haas too, shall we? :)

El Legenda
04-22-2006, 03:34 AM
He’s got a slick looking, one-handed backhand with so long a backswing that it looks like the guy is loading up one of those medieval catapults. Now we’re talkin’ Old School Peter Bodo on Ljubicic one-handed backhand.

mangoes
04-22-2006, 03:37 AM

:eek: You FORGOT ABOUT GASQUET???? gasp gasp. I hope he is healthy soon, I must see his BH on tv during Rome!

Yes, I'm feeling much better................just a bit of a stuffy nose. I used Afrin to get through the day, but it makes my nose so very dry that it can be uncomfortable :lol: Yes, I forgot about Gasquet :o I hope he gets healthy soon too............... Also, a little nod to Ljubicic's backhand.......

silverwhite
04-22-2006, 03:41 AM

:eek: You FORGOT ABOUT GASQUET???? gasp gasp. I hope he is healthy soon, I must see his BH on tv during Rome! My MSN Plus filter for the word "backhand" isn't Gasquet or anything :o

Actually, his BH hasn't been that great this year. It's been far less consistent and impressive. I don't know what the stats say but from the matches I've watched, he seems to have hit more FH winners. :o

Deboogle!.
04-22-2006, 03:48 AM
Actually, his BH hasn't been that great this year. It's been far less consistent and impressive. I don't know what the stats say but from the matches I've watched, he seems to have hit more FH winners. :oit doesn't even matter. It's still beautiful.

World Beater
04-22-2006, 03:54 AM
for me the most stylish classic one handed bh is federer.

The most effective modern, western grippy type one handers are

gaudio and gasquet

silverwhite
04-22-2006, 03:54 AM
it doesn't even matter. It's still beautiful.

:o

oneandonlyhsn
04-22-2006, 07:41 AM
1-handed BH :hearts: a thing of pure beauty. Guga :sobbing: where art though

Godprint
04-22-2006, 08:45 AM
if only guga can make a successful comeback...wat a waste.

Rogiman
04-22-2006, 10:33 AM
It's the most beautiful shot in tennis, unlike all these double-handers coming out of the same assembly-line nowadays.

Himura
04-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Federer`s backhand is the most beautiful on the tour

propi
04-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Robredo's :hearts:

stebs
04-22-2006, 11:14 AM
I love the one handed backhand.

Gasquet
Gaudio
Federer
Ljubicic

What a great looking shot. I use one hander when playing but if I am in a good position and I need to hit a fairly big backhand I often hit the ball into the ground. It's a real bummer.

Himura
04-22-2006, 11:14 AM
yeah robredos backhand is very nice too

doublebackhand
04-22-2006, 11:20 AM
federer's bh is nice (of course) but on the tour, henin's bh is my fave. u have to take in consideration she is a girl and so small physically and yet hit those amazing shots!!

Rogiman
04-22-2006, 11:35 AM
federer's bh is nice (of course) but on the tour, henin's bh is my fave. u have to take in consideration she is a girl and so small physically and yet hit those amazing shots!!
Yeah that's a nasty shot! :yeah:

Himura
04-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by doublebackhand

Unbeliveble backhand!!

mecir72
04-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Has anyone ever seen Fransisco Roig play? He coaches Nadal from time to time I think. Of all onehanded backhands I have seen his was the most beautiful, it was also very good. Korda comes in second. Of todays players Gaudio and federer gets the style points from me.

Peta Pan
04-22-2006, 02:18 PM
:drool::drool::drool:

I can't get enough of the one-handed backhand. SO beautiful to watch.

Pavel may not be winning matches these days, but his backhand is just BEAUTIFUL :hearts: and no one has mentioned him so I HAVE too
Ljubicic
Gaudio
Gasquet
Federer

All just wonderful :hearts:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Almagro's:worship:

Coriafan
04-22-2006, 03:30 PM
I like Haas's one :)

martinatreue
04-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Let's not forget Albert Costa. When he won Roland Garros his backhand was on fire. Federer's bh has really become a weapon not only for its topspin and flat shots but also the way he uses slice and drop shots too. it's just an all-around versatile reliable shot. Love Gasquet's, Ljubicic's and Gaudio's too. And of course, without a doubt JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE :hearts:

flyguydsl
04-22-2006, 11:19 PM
mmm i hope not - Give me a two-hander any day