I Hope Marcos Likes Pasta - Telecom Italia Masters Roma 2006 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I Hope Marcos Likes Pasta - Telecom Italia Masters Roma 2006

04-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Well since Marcos' plans have changed I will try another thread. I hope Marcos is able to play in Rome ;)

Choupi
04-22-2006, 08:56 PM
I hope so too Mae. Btw, his official website says he's currently training at the Mouratoglou Academy, for Rome. :) I think we can hope and keep our fingers crossed.

04-23-2006, 04:41 AM
I hope so too Mae. Btw, his official website says he's currently training at the Mouratoglou Academy, for Rome. :) I think we can hope and keep our fingers crossed.
If he is training that is wonderful news because it means his injury could not have been serious ;)

PamposCypriot
04-23-2006, 07:56 AM
Can't camille play instead of him? :)

LostGlory
04-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Good Luck Marcos we miss you....is the tourney starting next week?

athina7
04-24-2006, 06:58 PM
It starts in two weeks. It's May 8-14.

LostGlory
04-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Thanks.....

sdimitri
04-25-2006, 07:50 AM
If his injury is not serious then he has plenty of time to get strong and play again.
Go Marcos, looking forward to see you play at Rome!

04-28-2006, 05:00 AM
Can't camille play instead of him? :)
OOOOOOOOH I'm sure all the men would really like that ;) She is really lovely. :lol: It's all the camera people can do at a Marcos Match is to try to keep showing him playing tennis because they keep going to the crowd to get pictures of Camille :p

Choupi
05-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Marcos's official site says he should play Hamburg after Rome. Hope he remains injury free and that he gets good results at both TMS. :)

05-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Yes it is a shame about Marcos' injury :sad: He was playing so well, but then had to stop. I hope he can get back his form for both of the TMS :)

kindablue
05-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Main draw is out.Marcos is on the tough side of the draw again.He is playing Ollie Rochus first.Not an easy match but let's all hope he wins it!!!

christos
05-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Right, Olivier is a good one but Marcos can do it.

linus
05-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Marcos :angel:

just wish Olivier tired from Munich this week :devil: while first Marcos should focus more and hold firmly :p

athina7
05-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Here is Marcos' quarter. I agree with you guys, pretty tough draw :(

(5)Andy Roddick (USA) vs Victor Hanescu (ROM)
Olivier Rochus (BEL) vs Marcos Baghdatis (CYP)
Jiri Novak (CZE) Vs Q
Greg Rusedski (GBR) vs (12)Tommy Robredo (ESP)

(16)Robby Ginepri (USA) vs Max Mirnyi (BLR)
Gael Monfils (FRA) vs Tommy Haas (GER)
Fabrice Santoro (FRA) vs Q
Dominik Hrbaty (SVK) vs (3)Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)

christos
05-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Olivier Rochus won ATP Munich...

05-07-2006, 07:23 PM
And now we can all move on to Rome. Pame Marcos :)

kindablue
05-08-2006, 06:17 AM
Olivier Rochus won ATP Munich...

He must be tired then against Marcos!!!

hawk
05-09-2006, 06:34 AM
Well, itís time to see Marcos on clay :cool: . He plays as follows on court 6.

COURT 6
1.00 pm (9)Guillermo CORIA (ARG) c. (q)Ruben RAMIREZ HIDALGO (ESP)
followed by Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP) c. Oliver ROCHUS (BEL)
followed by Marat SAFIN (RUS) c. (q)Teimuraz GABASHVILI (RUS)

What about TV coverage? Does anybody have any news?

Choupi
05-09-2006, 06:40 AM
It's a non televised court. So no tv coverage available for that match.

kindablue
05-09-2006, 09:02 AM
It's a non televised court. So no tv coverage available for that match.

Scoreboard again then as usual :(

Anyway good luck to Marcos!!!

hawk
05-09-2006, 03:14 PM
ole ole ole marcos ole ....... :D

marcos def o.rochus 7-5 6-4

Choupi
05-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Time for the banana dance at work!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

No need to worry, there's nobody around. And they all already know I'm crazy!! :p :lol:

athina7
05-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Marcos won :woohoo: I was worried about this match, Oli is a very tough opponent, but Marcos got through! Great job:yeah:

athina7
05-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Good luck tomorrow Marcos against Roddick!!! :)

Centrale
Matches start 1 pm
David NALBANDIAN (ARG) vsPaul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA)
Andy RODDICK (USA) vs Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP)
Roger FEDERER (SUI) vs Potito STARACE (ITA)

05-10-2006, 04:11 AM
Sorry I didn't make it in here to say my congrats to Marcos on his 1st Round win. But I have to admit it's the 2nd Round Match that I really want him to win. A "certain player" has been running his mouth about this Match so I really, really, want Marcos to win :) Pame Marcos :cool:

sdimitri
05-10-2006, 05:13 AM
Bravo Marcos, very good play :crazy: :crazy:
You can do it again!

Action Jackson
05-10-2006, 06:30 AM
Marcos will be in the 3rd round come Thursday.

Choupi
05-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Good luck today Marcos and good luck to me, because I really wanna be able to see that match!! :D

linus
05-10-2006, 11:07 AM
best luck, Marcos guy :angel:

kindablue
05-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Marcos will be in the 3rd round come Thursday.

And it's an easy draw after Roddick, he 'll be in the semis!!!
Go Marcos!!!!!!

sakaka
05-10-2006, 01:25 PM
what is marcos' injury about ? i guess the match with Roddick has stopped for a while like 10 mins..anybody knows why ??

05-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Oh I saw where Andy beat Marcos and was sad about that :sad: I had so wanted Marcos to win that Match :bigcry: And now he may be injuried on top of the loss :tears:

05-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Sorry I forgot the score. Roddick defeated him 3-6, 6-1, and 6-2. So since Marcos won the 1st Set I would say whatever happened to him must have happened in the 2nd Set because in the 2nd and 3rd Sets Marcos didn't even come close to winning :sad:

Choupi
05-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Well I haven't seen that match entirely. I saw the end of the 1st set, as well as the 2nd and the 3rd sets. There has been an interruption because an old man in the crowd had collapsed. It had nothing to do with any of the players.

Marcos looked really exhausted at the end of the match and I have to admit this was the very 1st time I saw him so frustrated on a tennis court. True that he let some good opportunities fly by. But we shouldn't forget he was only returning to competition. So I guess we shouldn't be too harsh on him, even though we are pissed off by this result. Me included of course. Never seen him smash his racket on court. Anyway, the handshake was joyfull and friendly between the 2 players and that was at least nice to see. :)

Good luck in Hamburg now Marcos. :)

athina7
05-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Marcos :( What happened? Apparently he played very badly. He was up a break in the third and still lost :mad:

hawk
05-10-2006, 09:52 PM
I am sad and angry :mad: and I cannot help it because Marcos could win this game. Marcos performed really well on the first set but lost his concentration and suicide during the next 2 sets. Over 30 unforced errors and low first serve percentage and Ö Roddick was full of joy. Thatís why he was frustrated so much. I hope for him to find his nerve for next week and I hope for myself to relax and go to bed. :confused:

05-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Yes I really didn't like the way Roddick was talking and acting before this Match. So I really wanted Marcos to win :sad: But I'm glad he isn't hurt at least I hope he isn't hurt. Because I saw pictures of Tommy Haas after he had played Andy in Houston. And he look exhausted and later it came out Tommy had hurt his rt. wrist while playing Andy. Playing Andy these days must be tough on players' bodies?

05-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Well I haven't seen that match entirely. I saw the end of the 1st set, as well as the 2nd and the 3rd sets. There has been an interruption because an old man in the crowd had collapsed. It had nothing to do with any of the players.

Marcos looked really exhausted at the end of the match and I have to admit this was the very 1st time I saw him so frustrated on a tennis court. True that he let some good opportunities fly by. But we shouldn't forget he was only returning to competition. So I guess we shouldn't be too harsh on him, even though we are pissed off by this result. Me included of course. Never seen him smash his racket on court. Anyway, the handshake was joyfull and friendly between the 2 players and that was at least nice to see. :)

Good luck in Hamburg now Marcos. :)
Marcos is too happy and too nice of a person to not have a friendly handshake after a Match. Still I have never seen him smash his racket on court :eek: Now Andy, I have seen
kill rackets on courts :rolleyes:

05-10-2006, 10:55 PM
I am sad and angry :mad: and I cannot help it because Marcos could win this game. Marcos performed really well on the first set but lost his concentration and suicide during the next 2 sets. Over 30 unforced errors and low first serve percentage and Ö Roddick was full of joy. Thatís why he was frustrated so much. I hope for him to find his nerve for next week and I hope for myself to relax and go to bed. :confused:
Goodnight hawk. I hope you can get to sleep :zzz:

LostGlory
05-11-2006, 07:16 AM
Bad Luck for Marcos....I so wanted him to win because like some one said a certain player has had his mouth full, and wanted revenge, Better luck next tourney Marcos....Pame....keep the hard work....

Choupi where are you watching this on Sport+???

LostGlory
05-11-2006, 07:19 AM
Marcos usually shaves before a tourney and leaves his beard untill he looses, I was kind of surprised he had left his beard to grow long before the tourney...

Was Camille there, did anyone see her in the audience?

Choupi
05-11-2006, 07:20 AM
Yes, Sport+ has the rights of all TMS here. And no, I haven't seen Camille in the audience. All close-ups on Guillaume showed she wasn't around.

Action Jackson
05-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Marcos was like Santa Claus with all those errors, this is a match he should not have lost at all.

He wasn't smiling on court at all and if you want to make 50+ errors in a match I don't care who the opponent is, that isn't going to be good enough.

LostGlory
05-11-2006, 08:09 AM
Marcos was like Santa Claus with all those errors, this is a match he should not have lost at all.

He wasn't smiling on court at all and if you want to make 50+ errors in a match I don't care who the opponent is, that isn't going to be good enough.

I haven't seen it but you seem pretty mad , did he play that bad, I was following the live scores....so I dont know.....was Marcos Playing that bad....I mean I know that anyone can win Roddick on clay and Marcos won Roddick on Roddick's favourite surface before....

Anyway can't be as bad as Safin loosing yesterday.....

Action Jackson
05-11-2006, 08:12 AM
I haven't seen it but you seem pretty mad , did he play that bad, I was following the live scores....so I dont know.....

Camille wasn't there.

Yes, he played very badly and his forehand was shocking. When he was concentrated like for the most of the 1st set this wasn't a close match.

Duckboy fought very hard, but to be honest, he will play better matches and lose.

Marcos's forehand was woeful, his backhand wasn't bad and dropshots inititally were excellent, but losing 6 games in a row after having a break of serve in the 3rd isn't good enough.

LostGlory
05-11-2006, 08:16 AM
I know I was quiet shocked actually even from following the score board.....but I still think this is Marcos's break through year and he will make something big....and Roddick apart from a good serve and somehow a decent forehand his game is so boring to watch....

LostGlory
05-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Yes, Sport+ has the rights of all TMS here. And no, I haven't seen Camille in the audience. All close-ups on Guillaume showed she wasn't around.

Thanks Choupi :yeah:

Action Jackson
05-11-2006, 08:26 AM
I know I was quiet shocked actually even from following the score board.....but I still think this is Marcos's break through year and he will make something big....and Roddick apart from a good serve and somehow a decent forehand his game is so boring to watch....

Even Roddick was shocked at how bad he was and he won the match.

hawk
05-11-2006, 11:20 AM
The last two sets were very frustrating. Marcos took the lead in the first and everything seemed to lead to a happy end for Marcos but after Ö Marcos disintegrates!!
As simple as that. I donít know, maybe Marcos was doing his Ö thinking again :) (about win) and lost his concentration. Maybe he is unfit or maybe it was just bad moment. Can't wait till next week.

Aris
05-11-2006, 01:45 PM
I don't like it when Marcos gets into a drop-shot mood. He wins a few points with drop shots, then ends up being predictable, then he starts missing, then his service starts letting him down and then the whole game goes to pieces...seen it before (including Australian Open final)

05-12-2006, 04:03 AM
Well maybe since his girlfriend wasn't there Marcos' personal life may not be going very well at this time? So he can't keep focused on his tennis like he should. Also he is now in the Top Twenty so I believe this increases the pressure on Marcos. When he was relatively unknown no one expected him to win Matches, but now he is in the Top Twenty so he is expected to win Matches. So maybe everything is getting difficult for him to handle well right now, who knows :shrug: But we will just have to hope Marcos can get everything straighten out and soon.

athina7
05-12-2006, 06:39 AM
It was no doubt a poorly played match by Marcos and very disappointing. Maybe he just had a bad day :shrug: (I hope). I guess we have to wait and see what happens next week. I'm really hoping he is focused and plays well in Hamburg because this loss was very disappointing.

kindablue
05-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Well maybe since his girlfriend wasn't there Marcos' personal life may not be going very well at this time? So he can't keep focused on his tennis like he should. Also he is now in the Top Twenty so I believe this increases the pressure on Marcos. When he was relatively unknown no one expected him to win Matches, but now he is in the Top Twenty so he is expected to win Matches. So maybe everything is getting difficult for him to handle well right now, who knows :shrug: But we will just have to hope Marcos can get everything straighten out and soon.

You are right there Mae.I don't think it has anything to do with Camille.It's just that now he 's under pressure to deliver the goods with him being a hero i Cyprus and everything. He was playing much better when he had nothing to loose.Another thing is his age.He maybe 20 but in some way he 's not matured enough
for his age. He even admits himself that he feels like a little kid.Maybe spending such a long time on his own in France did't do him much good in that department. After AO too many things happened to him at the same time and he didn't have enough time to process everything in his head.That said i think it's all a matter of time before he 's fully there again.My personal opinion is that Marcos will come to his full potential after the grass season.But that could come even earlier with a bit of luck,
like an easy draw and some solid wins to boost his confidence.
Let's all hope that starts happening in Hamburg!!!

05-13-2006, 04:27 AM
It's funny you should mention in some ways Marcos "is like a little kid".
That's actually one of the things I like about him. He brings such joy to tennis when he is on the court. However, I do agree he has had a lot to process in a very, very short time. He started to climb in the rankings very quickly maybe even alittle too quickly. I mean I know all of us fans like his high ranking, but it does change things for him. Maybe if the climb up had been a little slower he would have had less trouble :unsure: However, now he just has to deal with everything the best he can. I hope he can regroup in Hamburg and I want him to get that joy back when he is on the tennis courts. Marcos was just not meant to be a racket smasher :)

kindablue
05-13-2006, 06:35 AM
I didn't mean it that way.I think Marcos will be like that forever that's why we all like him so don't worry "the little kid" will always be there!!! It's just that i think that maybe he 'd be able to cope better with the situation if he had grown up under different circumstances.

Action Jackson
05-13-2006, 08:39 AM
I didn't mean it that way.I think Marcos will be like that forever that's why we all like him so don't worry "the little kid" will always be there!!! It's just that i think that maybe he 'd be able to cope better with the situation if he had grown up under different circumstances.

I mean the circumstances he grew up in are what makes him. Staying with Yiannos before realising they had to go overseas for him to develop his game.

It was a bad loss and a brain explosion on court, but he wasn't put under pressure to miss forehands by metres. Marcos is still developing and has a lot to work on and the expectation thing he will have to deal with that and he is capable of doing it.

kindablue
05-13-2006, 11:15 PM
Personally I accept Marcos as he is, for what he is .I just can't get over the reaction of a part of the Cypriot press after he lost to Nadal in Indian Wells.I believe Marcos doesn's owe anybody anything and Cyprus did absolutely nothing for Marcos until he went to the final at the A.O.So there is no reason for us Cypriots to put him under more pressure than he is already under.