Poor Ljubicic in pains! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Poor Ljubicic in pains!

zimzim
04-21-2006, 04:19 PM
This guy is really suffering out there against Gonzalez, and he still wouldn't retire....I've never been a fan of his but he has won my respect today. To go on and play with an injury is really brave of him, and I think the match would have been entirely diffferent if not for his injury. I wish him all the best, and hope he comes out kicking through out the clay season :worship:

tenniswiz
04-21-2006, 04:23 PM
This guy is really suffering out there against Gonzalez, and he still wouldn't retire....I've never been a fan of his but he has won my respect today. To go on and play with an injury is really brave of him, and I think the match would have been entirely diffferent if not for his injury. I wish him all the best, and hope he comes out kicking through out the clay season :worship:
What's wrong with Ljubo? Hope nothing serious.

zimzim
04-21-2006, 04:24 PM
What's wrong with Ljubo? Hope nothing serious.He hurt his toe and is in great pains

tangerine_dream
04-21-2006, 04:28 PM
A lot of players play through pain. The ones who retire (like JHH) are in the minority.

El Legenda
04-21-2006, 04:29 PM
A lot of players play through pain. The ones who retire (like JHH) are in the minority.

:lol: when i saw you posted in here, i thought a, "he is faking" post is coming ;)

NATAS81
04-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Ljubicic is a moron for staying out there. Gonzo has too much firepower off the ground. If anyone can expose an injury, it's him. Ivan already wrapped up a solid number of clay points at MC, he should've quit when it first became apparent he couldn't move normally or whatever he does.

Deboogle!.
04-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Ljubicic is a moron for staying out there. Gonzo has too much firepower off the ground. If anyone can expose an injury, it's him. Ivan already wrapped up a solid number of clay points at MC, he should've quit when it first became apparent he couldn't move normally or whatever he does.if he approached life and tennis with that kind of poor attitude, I don't think he'd have become a top 10 player.

The injury was just bizarre. All of a sudden he just called for a timeout and the replays didn't show what he actually did or where. Hopefully it's nothing serious, he said to Gonzo at the end that he was ok.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
04-21-2006, 05:27 PM
If he had retired,people would have called him "What a loser!" or something like that. :rolleyes: (I don't hate him,so I can't think others harsh words! :rolleyes: ) Whatever he does,haters are still haters! :yawn:
He makes his decision by himself,not by listenning to fans or haters,he and his fans don't need any sympathy, :boxing: and he is brave and tough always,but at least give some respect to this guy! :)

Fergie
04-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Ivan! :hug:

Jairus
04-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Ljubicic is a moron for staying out there. Gonzo has too much firepower off the ground. If anyone can expose an injury, it's him. Ivan already wrapped up a solid number of clay points at MC, he should've quit when it first became apparent he couldn't move normally or whatever he does.

:lol: What else does he naturally do? Move abnormallly?

Neely
04-21-2006, 06:01 PM
If he had retired,people would have called him "What a loser!" or something like that. :rolleyes: (I don't hate him,so I can't think others harsh words! :rolleyes: ) Whatever he does,haters are still haters! :yawn:
Yes, that's true. In such a situation you can never do the right thing for all people :yeah: Some say it's stupid and useless to stay out on the court and getting slaughtered having no chance at all, some say you are a pussy and a sore loser when you retire :shrug:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
04-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Yes, that's true. In such a situation you can never do the right thing for all people :yeah: Some say it's stupid and useless to stay out on the court and getting slaughtered having no chance at all, some say you are a pussy and a sore loser when you retire :shrug:
Yep,he and all players don't need/are impossible to satisfy all people! :yawn: Think what you think,I don't really care! :zzz:
BTW Somehow I love those players that many people hate extra much,like Ivan and Kiwi! :lol:

amierin
04-21-2006, 07:16 PM
I think J2H made it almost impossible for a player to retire without being called a loser. Short of having to be carried out they'll play through pain.
I can't believe people are still defending her when there was proof both on court and off court that she was just suffering from the assKickin'flu.

oneandonlyhsn
04-21-2006, 07:37 PM
After having to be hooked up to an IV for dehydration after her USO SF match against Capriati in '03, JHH said something to the effect that she was never going to put a game above her health again and that whatever she needed to do - retire, take a timeout, etc. - she was going to do it. :shrug: Considering her history with illness/injury and the early loss of her mom to illness, I don't blame her.

:yeah: After being out for so long with a crazy virus I cant blame JHH for stopping as soon as she felt funny

tennismaster882001
04-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Ivan, what a bad luck, why do these things happen so often! I hope that Gonzalez will play better in the semifinale!

Pea
04-22-2006, 03:14 AM

You've obviously never seen Justine play through pain before and you will never again. For health reasons of course.